PDA

View Full Version : Fans Praise Kobe After LeBronís Manila Tour

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:34 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-fans-praise-kobe-after-lebrons-manila-tour/2013/07/26/

For the last couple of years, Kobe Bryant has developed a great relationship with the people of Asia as a result of his “Kobe Asia Tour” and the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He is by far the most popular athlete in Asia and even has a statue in China.

LeBron James is currently in Manila for a promotional event for Nike Philippines and to no one’s surprise, has already been compared to Kobe.

Although James has won two consecutive championships and Finals MVPs, the Philippines aren’t too fond of him and praise Kobe for his efforts to connect with fans.

According to Sports Interactive Network Philippines, James isn’t outgoing and refuses to take pictures or sign autographs with the fans:

“He’s a snob. When you go near him, even if you haven’t said anything, he’s quick to tell you, ‘No pictures, no autographs.’ So we never really wanted to get close to him in the first place.”

These fans tried their best to understand that James is on a tight schedule and doesn’t have enough time to interact with the fans, but praised Kobe for trying to fit in and accommodating his fans:

“Kobe’s charisma is on another level. He knows how to fit in. When he isn’t doing anything, he accommodates those who want a picture or autograph. If not, he knows how to decline politely.”

It’s no surprise that Kobe is the most popular athlete in Asia because there is mutual respect. The fans really appreciate all he has done and in return, Kobe has always tried his best to connect with them. Like James, Bryant doesn’t have to go out of his way to interact with his fans but his efforts likely stem from how he is received in the United States these days.

In a time when the media at home is praising LeBron for his accomplishments (which are well-deserved), they simply try to find ways to disrespect Kobe and what he’s done in his career. The people of Asia view him as a living legend while the media here somehow wants to twist that two rings are better than five (and sometimes even six).

The unfortunate truth is that people will finally come to appreciate Kobe like they do in Asia when he walks away from the game — and that’s a shame.

Wow, 17 years in the league and even in his declining years, Kobe is still better perceived world wide than Lebron who is fresh of a back to back championship run and still in his prime. Very impressive. If I were a team owner, I would sign Kobe over Lebron in a heat beat just based off potential earnings and popularity which equates into maximum profits. That's the most important thing in the end now isn't it... ROI (Return On Investment)

#Greatness #Longevity #Legendary

bucketss
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Kobe zealots are insane.

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-fans-praise-kobe-after-lebrons-manila-tour/2013/07/26/

Wow, 17 years in the league and even in his declining years, Kobe is still better perceived world wide than Lebron who is fresh of a back to back championship run and still in his prime. Very impressive. If I were a team owner, I would sign Kobe over Lebron in a heat beat just based off potential earnings and popularity which equates into maximum profits. That's the most important thing in the end now isn't it... ROI (Return On Investment)

You would make more off of Lebron in the long run.

Cal827
07-26-2013, 07:40 PM
This is totally not a response for the Lebron passing Kobe thread a few rows down :D

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 07:41 PM
showbe

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:42 PM
You would make more off of Lebron in the long run.

How so?

That data is unknown.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Philippines are comprised of the largest amount of lebron haters, the love they have for kobe is equally nauseating.

I always thought the Philippines were a very smart nation.

5ass
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
So Kobe is more liked than Bron in the ****ing Philipines. LOL who gives a ****?

Vinny642
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Lebron>Kobe

Next?

bucketss
07-26-2013, 07:47 PM

its borderline idol worshiping.

Byronicle
07-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Philippines are comprised of the largest amount of lebron haters, the love they have for kobe is equally nauseating.

don't let your bandwagoning mindset influence your generalize statement. Filipinos love Lebron, the article was pretty clear onto why they were turned off and anyone of any nation would be turn off, especially when he is trying to promote his own product. if people are going to drop 100s of dollars to buy this multi-millionaire's shoes then he could at least accommodate his fans, especially those who are not as fortunate as us to be able to watch NBA games. these people are from 3rd world countries and I know some people travelled by bus for 6 hours to see Lebron James.

Smart people. Corrupted government, the most actually. New leader is cleaning up the system though. He happens to be the son of a politician who was assassinated for rivalling against their latest dictator Marco

SportsFanatic10
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM
has amos1er ever made a thread in his history on this site that doesn't either praise kobe, bash lebron, or both? lol

#pathetic #agenda

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
How so?

That data is unknown.

From now on, it's common sense because Lebron will be playing much longer.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:55 PM
don't let your bandwagoning mindset influence your generalize statement. Filipinos love Lebron, the article was pretty clear onto why they were turned off and anyone of any nation would be turn off, especially when he is trying to promote his own product. if people are going to drop 100s of dollars to buy this multi-millionaire's shoes then he could at least accommodate his fans, especially those who are not as fortunate as us to be able to watch NBA games. these people are from 3rd world countries and I know some people travelled by bus for 6 hours to see Lebron James.

Smart people. Corrupted government, the most actually. New leader is cleaning up the system though. He happens to be the son of a politician who was assassinated for rivalling against their latest dictator Marco

So think their government is more corrupted than North Korea?

hotdalton18
07-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Get serious

Lebron is a great person n recently passed kobe as the fan favriote of the league

When lebron rapes women , cheats on his wife , n is hated by lots of his past teamates because all he does is complain , let me know

UPRock
07-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Come on son, why u hatin' ?

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:58 PM
From now on, it's common sense because Lebron will be playing much longer.

You should just change your name to Nostradamus then. Didn't know you could predict the future. lol Too many unknown variables in your original statement. We will have to wait and see. It's like saying that Wiggins is a lock to pass Kobe and Lebron based on common sense. How can you prove that Lebron will be playing much longer than Kobe? I would love to hear an explanation for this. You do realize that you can't predict injuries right. Not that I would wish that on anyone. Just saying that you don't know the future buddy.

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Pathetic

amos1er
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Come on son, why u hatin' ?

Great response.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Honestly this right here Mods need to nip in the bud. This is trolling. This is not thread worthy and in response to the last thread... Its a Joke and people like the OP is why the NBA area is a joke. :pity:

bucketss
07-26-2013, 08:01 PM

second time you called me bandwaggon, again i ask you to tell me what team i band waggoned? don't skipp off like last time.

UPRock
07-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Great response.

People like you make people like us HATE kobe, **** Kobe! Why's so important for you to rub every ****ing thing about Kobe to us, we really know the truth and the truth is that Kobe is not that good anymore and that he's not the god that people like you pray to every morning. Goddamit, so much insucurity, what's coming next? That Kobe's better because his dick is bigger? C' mon son.

Crackadalic
07-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Didn't you make a thread on how popularity = greatness?
Lebron is still better then Kobe and being popular doesnt change that.

I'm a bigger Kobe fan then Lebron fan by the way

bucketss
07-26-2013, 08:06 PM
People like you make people like us HATE kobe, **** Kobe! Why's so important for you to rub every ****ing thing about Kobe to us, we really know the truth and the truth is that Kobe is not that good anymore and that he's not the god that people like you pray to every morning. Goddamit, so much insucurity, what's coming next? That Kobe's better because his dick is bigger? C' mon son.

kobe is a has been and his fans are grasping on to every lasting moment. the end is near, i'll give him after this season for either retirement or role player status.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Honestly this right here Mods need to nip in the bud. This is trolling. This is not thread worthy and in response to the last thread... Its a Joke and people like the OP is why the NBA area is a joke. :pity:

Oh god, so now that you lost your debate with me you call for the mods to lock the thread. lol

I followed all the rules when I made this thread. I posted an article that was recent and relevant. That's just your perception that it was a response to another thread. Can't act based of perception.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Didn't you make a thread on how popularity = greatness?
Lebron is still better then Kobe and being popular doesnt change that.

I'm a bigger Kobe fan then Lebron fan by the way

Ya, so a prime Lebron is better than a 17 year veteran Kobe who has more miles under him than any superstar before him and is playing at a higher level. Big accomplishment there. :rolleyes:

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:14 PM

How come you don't complain when all the Lebronites on this site constantly praise him? There was another unrelated thread made today about Lebron being more popular than Kobe... How come that one didn't bother you?

More-Than-Most
07-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh god, so now that you lost your debate with me you call for the mods to lock the thread. lol

I followed all the rules when I made this thread. I posted an article that was recent and relevant. That's just your perception that it was a response to another thread. Can't act based of perception.

Why not just post it in the other thread talking about the similar topic? You posted this just to get a rise out of the people in the other thread and that is all. You have a child like mentality and bring the NBA forum down as much as the Kobe haters if not more. You troll at an alarming rate and bring next to nothing to the site. Every single post is a post to bash Lebron James... I am not even Joking either. The Majority of your posts is you bashing or trolling. Just quit it

Vinny642
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Once again, Lebron>Kobe

amos1er
Why not just post it in the other thread talking about the similar topic? You posted this just to get a rise out of the people in the other thread and that is all. You have a child like mentality and bring the NBA forum down as much as the Kobe haters if not more. You troll at an alarming rate and bring next to nothing to the site. Every single post is a post to bash Lebron James... I am not even Joking either. The Majority of your posts is you bashing or trolling. Just quit it

Where did I bash Lebron?

I have said on many occasion that I think he is currently the best player in the NBA. I am just posting an article that came out today about his tour in Manila... Who is to say that it is a response to another thread? Thats just your opinion with no facts to back it up. Sounds to me honestly like your all being too sensitive.

bucketss
How come you don't complain when all the Lebronites on this site constantly praise him? There was another unrelated thread made today about Lebron being more popular than Kobe... How come that one didn't bother you?

one is king james, the other is an old man getting a little too much shine... easy answer there.

amos1er
Once again, Lebron>Kobe

A fine analysis indeed. :rolleyes:

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:17 PM
one is king james, the other is an old man getting a little too much shine... easy answer there.

And I get accused of bashing and trolling. :rolleyes:

#hypocrites

Mr_Jones
07-26-2013, 08:18 PM
lol wtf is this thread

Vinny642
07-26-2013, 08:18 PM
A fine analysis indeed. :rolleyes:

Lmao analysis... would that comfort you that your precious douche of a person and man, Kobe isnt the MAN anymore?

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM

Where did I bash Lebron?

I have said on many occasion that I think he is currently the best player in the NBA. I am just posting an article that came out today about his tour in Manila... Who is to say that it is a response to another thread? Thats just your opinion with no facts to back it up. Sounds to me honestly like your all being too sensitive.

Do you really think everyone on here is stupid? Your really saying this thread is not in response to the Lebrin thread?

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Do you really think everyone on here is stupid? Your really saying this thread is not in response to the Lebrin thread?

I'm saying that you can't really prove that it is. Correlation does not imply causation. You can't convict someone based on a pretense. You have to have actual evidence.

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 08:23 PM

I'm saying that you can't really prove that it is. Correlation does not imply causation. You can't convict someone based on a pretense. You have to have actual evidence.

Ok Zimmerman

More-Than-Most
07-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Where did I bash Lebron?

No its just being tired of your everyday routine that just brings on several other trolls/haters to mimic you or go at you without any actual debating or conversing going on and its becoming silly. Every single day you do this and its annoying. This thread is you trolling because of another topic that was introduced and because of said thread now others will come in and feed your trolling or further troll themselves and it takes away from the nba area. You are an example of why the NBA forum is the cesspool that it is. Its becoming silly

UPRock
07-26-2013, 08:28 PM

Because LeBron is actually better and you fail to acknowledge that, so you keep looking for any minor stuff you find around to discredit LeBron and lie to everyone that Kobe is better.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Ok Zimmerman

Wow... that's a pretty harsh generalization.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Because LeBron is actually better and you fail to acknowledge that, so you keep looking for any minor stuff you find around to discredit LeBron and lie to everyone that Kobe is better.

Why so sensitive? Just posting an article. It's all how you decide to take it.

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Ok Zimmerman

Wow... that's a pretty harsh generalization.

Maybe hash but its the proper comparison

bucketss
07-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Ok Zimmerman

lmaooooooooo.

Abel Ye
07-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah popularity across the world is the end all stat to see who's better!

Kobe>Lebron

amos1er
No its just being tired of your everyday routine that just brings on several other trolls/haters to mimic you or go at you without any actual debating or conversing going on and its becoming silly. Every single day you do this and its annoying. This thread is you trolling because of another topic that was introduced and because of said thread now others will come in and feed your trolling or further troll themselves and it takes away from the nba area. You are an example of why the NBA forum is the cesspool that it is. Its becoming silly

So it's all my fault now huh? Excuse me for offering an alternative opinion. Thought that's what the forums were supposed to be about. Just because it's not the popular opinion, doesn't mean that it's the wrong one nor does it mean that I am "trolling". I have been on here longer than you, and been doing the same thing for years. Why all of the sudden now does it bother you? People will do what they wish. Just because I have my own opinions, doesn't mean that I am influencing this epidemic that you speak of. Correlation does not imply causation.

UPRock
Why so sensitive? Just posting an article. It's all how you decide to take it.

Irony, says the guy that makes sure to mention how Kobe is much better in every thread, especially when a new one about LeBron is around.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:39 PM

Ya, because gunning a minor down is similar to posting an opinion on a basketball forum. :rolleyes:

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Irony, says the guy that makes sure to mention how Kobe is much better in every thread, especially when a new one about LeBron is around.

Correlation does not imply causation

Chavacano
07-26-2013, 08:47 PM

^^ We have our fair share of Heat bandwagon fans too. :shrug:

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Ya, because gunning a minor down is similar to posting an opinion on a basketball forum. :rolleyes:

Wasnt talking about the crime Einstein. The B.S is what is being compared.

amos1er
07-26-2013, 08:54 PM

How so? Care to explain further? Would love to hear this one.

mikekhelxD
07-26-2013, 09:04 PM
As a Filipino, I find the article and response here comical. Some response is even more funnier than the article itself. Apparently based on the response here, the level of intelligence can be found out through a subjective opinion.

Crackadalic
07-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Ya, so a prime Lebron is better than a 17 year veteran Kobe who has more miles under him than any superstar before him and is playing at a higher level. Big accomplishment there. :rolleyes:

Yes no matter how you twist it lebrons is still better then Kobe now and has been for a few years now. On his own he has accomplish more as an individual then Kobe. Not taking away anything from the black mamba because he's a hell of a player

With that being said I still don't understand how popularity= greatness. I don't think you answer that question.

Delrayhc
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM

How so? Care to explain further? Would love to hear this one.

Im sure you would love to hear it . Bottom line is that you say this thread is not in response to the other thread , yet you started this thread right after the previous was started. Furthermore you mentioned the article that this thread is based upon in the previous thread before you started your thread.

HouRealCoach
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
This guy is starting to be funny lol

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
You should just change your name to Nostradamus then. Didn't know you could predict the future. lol Too many unknown variables in your original statement. We will have to wait and see. It's like saying that Wiggins is a lock to pass Kobe and Lebron based on common sense. How can you prove that Lebron will be playing much longer than Kobe? I would love to hear an explanation for this. You do realize that you can't predict injuries right. Not that I would wish that on anyone. Just saying that you don't know the future buddy.

It's nothing like that. I don't have to prove it, it's common sense that he will. You should be the one telling me why he won't. Lebron has virtually no injury history, to expect him to get hurt is naive and foolish.

Slug3
07-26-2013, 09:48 PM
And Eric spolestra is more popular in the Philippens then both Kobe and Lebron. Oh well.

ztilzer31
07-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Whatever Amoser can do to make Kobe/Lakers seem relevant.

LBJ>Kobe

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 09:59 PM
So it's all my fault now huh? Excuse me for offering an alternative opinion. Thought that's what the forums were supposed to be about. Just because it's not the popular opinion, doesn't mean that it's the wrong one nor does it mean that I am "trolling". I have been on here longer than you, and been doing the same thing for years. Why all of the sudden now does it bother you? People will do what they wish. Just because I have my own opinions, doesn't mean that I am influencing this epidemic that you speak of. Correlation does not imply causation.

This is your phrase of the day huh? Someone must have just taken a stats class

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 10:02 PM
And Carmelo led the league in jersey sales this year, that would justify him as more profitable and a better signing than Lebron and Kobe, right?

The funniest thing about your post is that the article doesn't mention monetary value at all yet you make that huge leap at the end and say that you'd take kobe on your team because of money.

Hawkize31
07-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Kobe can have his image. Lebron will gladly take being the better basketball player.

JWorthy42
07-26-2013, 10:52 PM
What is the point of this thread? Everyone knows that Kobe Bryant is the most notable player around the world, especially in Asia.

However, Lebron is a MUCH better player and it is not even close...I mean come on.

Also, obviously I am a Lakers fan.

RiceOnTheRun
07-26-2013, 10:52 PM

Aren't you one of those that always bring up championships as the biggest indicator for success?

Either way, you would make more with Lebron. Even if Kobe makes more off potential earnings, the difference would not be more than ~5m a year at most.

Along with the fact that Lebron has at least 7-8 more years left in him whereas Kobe probably has 2-3 and the math does itself.

ALSO YOU'RE QUOTING FROM A LAKER BLOG, NO ****ING **** THEY'RE GOING TO PRAISE KOBE OVER LEBRON. That's like going into a North Korean newspaper and quoting the fact that they dislike the US. C'mon there's no way you're that ****ing dense bro.

naps
07-26-2013, 10:53 PM
LOL at this amos1er guy. Never seen anyone be so obsessed with LeBron/Kobe.

John Walls Era
07-26-2013, 10:59 PM

You're giving the Spaniards too much credit for what they did with the Philipines.

Lakeshow24KB
07-26-2013, 11:24 PM
I just wish some things can be simply enjoyed rather than compared about 24/7. Obviously sports contain comparisons but do we really need to nitpick every single thing about every successful athlete? Lebron is coming off some of the greatest seasons we've season. Let's enjoy it from a basketball standpoint, whether you're a fan of him or not, there's no reason to pick the smallest reasons to bash him.

ArmLaker
07-26-2013, 11:45 PM
LeBron James has proven to be a better player for the past 3 seasons imo because of his immense success on the court....there is no doubt about that.

As far as popularity is concerned, yes Kobe is the most popular hands down.

I would suggest a mod close this thread before it turns into another Kobe/LeBron bash/sausage smoke fest thread.

Bostonjorge
07-26-2013, 11:48 PM
The kobe hatred on here proves how great a player kobe still is after 17 years in the league. Saying kobe is better then lebron today is something said in all forms of media and fan's alike. Not all of course. Lebron could of been the most popular player but he had to go get help to finally win something. That will always hurt his accomplishments because it will always be brought.

UPRock
07-26-2013, 11:56 PM
and eric spolestra is more popular in the philippens then both kobe and lebron. Oh well.

lmao

still1ballin
07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Kobe iz ze gratest!

LBJ6
07-27-2013, 12:52 AM

Not true at all.. the article came from a Lakers site.. what do you expect them to write.. I just laughed at this, if you only knew how the fans in the Philippines treated Lebron when he came in the Philippines you will definitely pity Kobe..

ragee
07-27-2013, 01:17 AM

What are you talking about? I am a Filipino and I don't like Lebron but I find it hard to find a lot of Filipinos who share the same sentiment. It is true that Kobe is really famous here but so is Lebron. The Lakers and the Heat are the most liked NBA teams here.

bucketss
07-27-2013, 01:21 AM
The kobe hatred on here proves how great a player kobe still is after 17 years in the league. Saying kobe is better then lebron today is something said in all forms of media and fan's alike. Not all of course. Lebron could of been the most popular player but he had to go get help to finally win something. That will always hurt his accomplishments because it will always be brought.

not everyone has the privilege of playing on the lakers with shaq straight out of highschool.

el hidalgo
07-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Wow, most obvious bait thread ever. Are Kobe sluts allowed to make bait threads, but nobody else?

Tony_Starks
07-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Kobe can have his image. Lebron will gladly take being the better basketball player.

Why do you guys keep parroting Lebron is better than Kobe like that's some kind of prize? I should hope prime Lebron is better than a 17 season Kobe....

Cromedome
07-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Jordan should come out of retirement and show these 2 just how it's done.

ztilzer31
07-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Lol how is this still even up. This whole thread is a joke.

Who cares who's more popular Lebron is better.

ztilzer31
07-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Why do you guys keep parroting Lebron is better than Kobe like that's some kind of prize? I should hope prime Lebron is better than a 17 season Kobe....

Lebron is better than Kobe... At any point of Kobe's career.

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2013, 03:54 AM
this isn't closed yet? lol

Rush
07-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Do not create bait threads.