PDA

View Full Version : Backup PG's?

CodeRed
07-25-2013, 11:04 PM
The Nuggets signed Nate Robinson the other day and it should mean Andre Miller is on his way out. I kept looking at teams in search of a team that could use a veteran PG and just couldn't find a fit for him. I was just wondering if there was a team that I was overlooking and could use Dre, he could probably be had for next to nothing.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Topic also applies for Mo Williams

TheMightyHumph
07-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Miller is under contract. Is Mo?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Miller is under contract. Is Mo?

just meant that he needs to find a team that could use a good back-up PG. He's not going back to the Jazz.

UPRock
07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Andre can go to Miami.

mrblisterdundee
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I would love to see Andre Miller in Miami. He can still run an offense, he's the Ironman of the NBA, and he's about as deserving as Marcus Camby of a championship.

TheMightyHumph
07-25-2013, 11:42 PM
I would love to see Andre Miller in Miami. He can still run an offense, he's the Ironman of the NBA, and he's about as deserving as Marcus Camby of a championship.

Miller is owed $5 mil this season. Who would Denver take in return?

TheMightyHumph
07-25-2013, 11:46 PM
just meant that he needs to find a team that could use a good back-up PG. He's not going back to the Jazz.

Just checked, and Mo is a FA looking for a big payday, but might take Vets' Min from Heat.

Not sure playing for the Heat would improve his chances at getting a big contract.

Bostonjorge
07-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Mo or miller would fit nice in Indiana. George hill can play the 2 like in San Antonio.

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2013, 01:33 AM
I think millers options are limited. Maybe a team in full tank mode will take his expiring

TheMightyHumph
07-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Mo or miller would fit nice in Indiana. George hill can play the 2 like in San Antonio.

Not considering the age factor, there is no doubt that Miller is MUCH MORE the true PG.

Mo is a shooting PG

Laker Legend42
07-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Golden state could use Andre miller. In those tense moments late in games where curry struggled with turnovers and bad shots. They could insert miller,move curry off the ball and let miller run the show. Young point guards need a good veteran in their ear.

UPRock
07-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Miller is owed $5 mil this season. Who would Denver take in return?

Joel Anthony lol

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 02:37 AM
Who is the Clippers backup PG now?

Mcdoh
07-26-2013, 02:48 AM
Who is the Clippers backup PG now?

i believe its collison..

Six-8-TheWizard
07-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Warriors are the first team that comes to mind seeing as they lost Jack (unless I'm forgetting another backup they signed as a replacement)

IndyRealist
07-26-2013, 09:11 AM

Pacers signed both CJ Watson and Donald Sloan to multi-year contracts, and Lance Stephenson plays some PG too. The backcourt is WAY too full as is.

Legendary33
07-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Toronto would need one in case Augustin has another off year, however Masai Ujiri has made it clear he doesn't have much interest in adding older veterans at this time. He's more looking to gain young assets.

CodeRed
07-26-2013, 12:14 PM
The Warriors signed Toney Douglas but idk if they'd want to rely on him as the backup pg. But, I'm sure Iggy will run the point at times too.

gbrl
07-26-2013, 01:15 PM
miller would of been perfect for indy, he was the reason we lost to denver last year

N3TS
07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I think Andre Miller would be a great addition for the Memphis Grizzlies and Mo Williams for the right bucks would be an upgrade in Houston.

JasonJohnHorn
07-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Mliller would be great for NY, MIA, OKC or GSW or BK. What team wouldn't use a back-up PG?

OKC needs a back-up more than anybody. D-Fish ain't gonna cut it. Period. I love the guy, but he wasn't getting it done last year.

But, NY lost Kidd, MIA doesn't even have a great starting PG, BK could use him to back up D-WIll and the GSW signed one, but Miller would be a better option.

KingPosey
07-26-2013, 02:08 PM
The Nuggets signed Nate Robinson the other day and it should mean Andre Miller is on his way out. I kept looking at teams in search of a team that could use a veteran PG and just couldn't find a fit for him. I was just wondering if there was a team that I was overlooking and could use Dre, he could probably be had for next to nothing.
Andre miller is one of the most underrated PGs of his era, and again, was still SO good last season. He is such a huge part of what that team does dont overlook him because they signed an explosive scorer.

They're both PGs, but their roles don't really overlap in what this team wants from them.

Andre would do wonders for NY, he has always been a "JAson Kidd light". He would flow that offense, doesn't need to score while helping the team, and most importanlty he takes
Minutes away from Felton.

Andre has shown that he EASILY could start for competitive teams and be an asset still.

Chronz
07-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I would welcome Andre back to the Clippers

hugepatsfan
07-26-2013, 02:15 PM
If BOS trade Rondo to DET for Monroe and doesn't get Knight back then I think they'd be interested. We could offer the 3 years on Courtney Lee's deal for the 2 on Miller's. I think Lee would fit in that lineup and he can bring some of the wing defense that left with Brewer and Iggy.

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2013, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't mind mo williams on the grizz, not so interested in miller though

KnickaBocka.44
07-26-2013, 02:17 PM

Knicks would love him but we dont have any assets.

TheMightyHumph
07-26-2013, 03:36 PM
If BOS trade Rondo to DET for Monroe and doesn't get Knight back then I think they'd be interested. We could offer the 3 years on Courtney Lee's deal for the 2 on Miller's. I think Lee would fit in that lineup and he can bring some of the wing defense that left with Brewer and Iggy.

Andre's '14-'15 season is only guaranteed for $2 mil

TrueFan420
07-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Golden state could use Andre miller. In those tense moments late in games where curry struggled with turnovers and bad shots. They could insert miller,move curry off the ball and let miller run the show. Young point guards need a good veteran in their ear.

As a warriors fan I'd love to have Andre Miller as our back up PG.

TrueFan420
07-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't mind mo williams on the grizz, not so interested in miller though

I think mo would be a good fit for you as well. You could use some scoring off the bench.

TrueFan420
07-26-2013, 05:08 PM
The Warriors signed Toney Douglas but idk if they'd want to rely on him as the backup pg. But, I'm sure Iggy will run the point at times too.
Exactly iggy will run the show when curry isn't on the court. Many overlook that lee is a great passer out of the post and bogut isn't half bad as well. The offense can flow threw them as well.

Tony_Starks
07-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I would welcome Andre back to the Clippers

He wants no parts of coming back home. Too much family/ friends. His productivity with the Clipps was one of the worst of his career....

Monta is beast
07-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Golden State has a 4 mill trade exception

CodeRed
07-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Andre Miller is not horrible but not very good, he had his moments but most of the time he plays hero ball and slowed down our offense which hurt us. He's also a terrible defender and hurt us pretty bad against the Warriors which is why most nuggets fans, including myself, want him gone.

envymamba24
07-27-2013, 10:34 AM
id take him on the lakers lol only if he has not much time left on his contract