PDA

View Full Version : Durant unhappy with OKC's off season moves?

sunsfan88
07-25-2013, 10:33 PM
When asked his opinion about Oklahoma City’s offseason activity, Kevin Durant offered a three-word response: “I love it.”

Durant then walked away from the media, seemingly upset, while taking in the action at the Team USA minicamp in Las Vegas.

The Thunder let Kevin Martin go in free agency and lost out to the Memphis Grizzlies in the race to Mike Miller.

Miller was personally recruited by Durant.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9507645/nba-kevin-durant-summer-not-all-chills-thrills

Its easy to understand his frustration. First Presti decides that its better to keep Perkins than pay Harden what he wanted. Then the SG he got to replace Harden leaves once FA hits. Now the replacement for him is a guy that spent most of last season in the freaking D-League.

Then instead of amnestying Perkins this off season and letting Collison have the starting C job with their rookie first round pick Steven Adams as backup, they decided nah we'll keep the overpaid Perkins.

But still, he has the best supporting cast in the NBA in superstar/allstar Westbrook, defensive all nba team members Ibaka, Sefolosha and good energy/rebounder guy in Collison so he should consider himself fortunate.

king4day
07-25-2013, 10:36 PM
They've been regressing. They need to be careful with how they approach the next couple of years. If their main goal is to stay under the cap, they will have a hard time winning with this team and could risk losing their stars.

EL_MACHETE
07-25-2013, 10:37 PM
I Wouldn't blame him, You could of have a Dynasty with Westbrook- Harden-Durant-Ibaka core. But Nooo they rather keep Perkins..
SMH

Hellcrooner
07-25-2013, 10:39 PM
lol.

the 2016 ( 17?) decisión has begun.

No surprise here.

Pacerlive
07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
They've been regressing. They need to be careful with how they approach the next couple of years. If their main goal is to stay under the cap, they will have a hard time winning with this team and could risk losing their stars.

Their not under the cap but under the LT which is what I think you meant say. There was no way to keep Harden and be under the LT threshold so I can't fault them for that trade.

sunsfan88
07-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Their not under the cap but under the LT which is what I think you meant say. There was no way to keep Harden and be under the LT threshold so I can't fault them for that trade.
If they didn't sign Perkins to that ridiculously overpaid contract then they could have kept Harden.

Pacerlive
07-25-2013, 11:00 PM
If they didn't sign Perkins to that ridiculously overpaid contract then they could have kept Harden.

The numbers still don't add up IMO but I agree it was a bad trade for Perkins and a bad extension. I know we like to think we can field a solid team by paying 3 guys max contracts and another asset 13 mill a year but it doesn't work that way. This is why the Heat still have to go into the LT to win championships.

Kyben36
07-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I dont blame him, personaly I think they have made huge mistakes in the last two seasons,

1 should have kept hardin, dont care how much he wanted, he was worth it.

let Martin walk, one of the only sure peices they got for Hardin

drafted Adams, who IMO has the one of the bigest bust potentials in the draft.

and after an injury to Westbrook they esentialy got swept, and had no chance, sure he was looking at it as if we had Hardin we could have fought through it.

Dade County
07-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Am I the only one that thinks, that KD would look good in a HEAT jersey?

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 11:26 PM

yup

Hawkeye15
Thunder are a small market team. Period. They drafted perfect for 4 years, and had to make tough decisions.

RipCity32

You probably are

IKnowHoops
07-25-2013, 11:44 PM
The numbers still don't add up IMO but I agree it was a bad trade for Perkins and a bad extension. I know we like to think we can field a solid team by paying 3 guys max contracts and another asset 13 mill a year but it doesn't work that way. This is why the Heat still have to go into the LT to win championships.

Enlighten me? How many times in the last 10 years has a team won a ring and not been in the LT?

Dade County
07-25-2013, 11:45 PM
yup

You probably are

lol

When the Harden trade went down, I said KD was gone when his contract is up. You just don't do that in today's NBA (trading Harden for camp room), because this generation of players will not forget and they will bounce the 1st chance they get.

ArmLaker
07-25-2013, 11:52 PM

Lmao good one

JNA17
07-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Thunder blew it. They so ****ing blew it. The Jeff Green trade was one thing but Harden completely screwed up what could have been a dynasty+ for the next 10+ years. Now the Thunder probably won't even make it to the finals ever again at this rate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Durant left in 2016 and the Thunder says "oh yeah we had to let him go for salary reasons. We gotta stay under the LT you know? Which reminds me, we also announce were trading Westbrook for 2+ role players and 1 late first round pick and future second round picks. Were building around Ibaka now." -_-

RipCity32
07-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Thunder blew it. They so ****ing blew it. The Jeff Green trade was one thing but Harden completely screwed up what could have been a dynasty+ for the next 10+ years. Now the Thunder probably won't even make it to the finals ever again at this rate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Durant left in 2016 and the Thunder says "oh yeah we had to let him go for salary reasons. We gotta stay under the LT you know? Which reminds me, we also announce were trading Westbrook for 2+ role players and 1 late first round pick and future second round picks. Were building around Ibaka now." -_-

They did make some pretty bad decisions but Westbrook and Durant could still lead that team to a title at anytime.

TheNumber37
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
The problem is there was a better center to secure before A perkins amnesty.

They needed to get a better deal for Harden.

If Eric Gordon and package got Paul, I don't see how Harden could have gotten them the same.

OR at the very least a Loul Deng, Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler bulls dump package.

Kevj77
07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Thunder are a small market team. Period. They drafted perfect for 4 years, and had to make tough decisions.This. The Harden trade was a financial decision. It is just really hard to pay 3 max players and Ibaka at 12 mil per season then fill out the roster with quality role players/bench.

Thunder are a small market team trying to contend and not lose money at the same time.

uprightciti
07-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Poor Managment

Sadds The Gr8
07-26-2013, 12:38 AM
demand a trade to the Raptors.

kblo247
07-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Thunder are a small market team. Period. They drafted perfect for 4 years, and had to make tough decisions.

Its hard to screw around in the draft when they literally were in the lotto for Russ, Harden, Green, and KD. Ibaka could be considered a get but the other were no brainers

Likewise amnestying perk should have been the no brainer.

HesterJordan23
07-26-2013, 12:40 AM
KD to the raptors with wiggins

kblo247
07-26-2013, 12:40 AM
They did make some pretty bad decisions but Westbrook and Durant could still lead that team to a title at anytime.
If they don't leave first. KD can be debatable but for all the **** Westbrook gets he seems likely

Daze9900
07-26-2013, 12:42 AM

Hindsight is 20/20. Yes they overpaid but at the time Perkins stock was at an all time high. He was crucial with the Celtics and his injury cost them another championship. Okc was way too soft on the inside at the time and they took a chance and bit on him. Jerome James 2.0.

DR_1
07-26-2013, 12:42 AM
The problem is there was a better center to secure before A perkins amnesty.

They needed to get a better deal for Harden.

If Eric Gordon and package got Paul, I don't see how Harden could have gotten them the same.

OR at the very least a Loul Deng, Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler bulls dump package.

That is far from a dump package.

your-mama-ugly
07-26-2013, 12:44 AM
I always thought KD look good in Purple and Gold!

Wait... Really Kevin ?!! No player option!! We have to wait til 2017!!!

Come on man!! :pity:

shep33
07-26-2013, 12:46 AM

This

dhopisthename
07-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Its hard to screw around in the draft when they literally were in the lotto for Russ, Harden, Green, and KD. Ibaka could be considered a get but the other were no brainers

to get 3 perennial all stars in the draft is AMAZING I don't care where you draft and the only slam dunk was durant the other two were not as evidenced but the fact they were not #1 picks

AI
07-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green-Ibaka

That team would be amazing. :drool:

*Superman*
07-26-2013, 12:54 AM
What would there be to be happy about? They obviously got worse.

LA_Raiders
07-26-2013, 12:54 AM
He is a goner in 3 years

cssdmark
07-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes you are the only one that thinks that. Jay Z may try to get him to Brooklynn.

Chill_Will_24
07-26-2013, 01:02 AM
You will not have that problem in Brooklyn with Mr Prokhorov, Kevin. I am sure Jay-Z has already told you all about it. See you in 2016. Thanks Boston for making this possible.

shep33
07-26-2013, 01:06 AM
He'll most likely leave.

JNA17
07-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green-Ibaka

That team would be amazing. :drool:

That team would have a solid shot at beating the Bulls single season win record.....several times.

Twins Fanatic
07-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Ibaka

That's some fire power right there.

Twins Fanatic
07-26-2013, 01:50 AM
That team would have a solid shot at beating the Bulls single season win record.....several times.

They'd match up ridiculously well with the heat also.

OceanSpray
07-26-2013, 01:58 AM
LeBron+Durant. Oh, I dream. That would be the most lethal duo in basketball history, no joke.

raiderposting
07-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Ppl are acting like they could have kept Westbrook/Durant/ibaka/harden for long.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Ppl are acting like they could have kept Westbrook/Durant/ibaka/harden for long.

Maybe not..but they could have sure kept Harden/Durant/Green/Ibaka for long.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Gay + Derozan for Durant.

Chrisclover
07-26-2013, 02:52 AM
dude ,you are so provident

lol.

the 2016 ( 17?) decisión has begun.

No surprise here.

Chrisclover
07-26-2013, 02:55 AM
spot on.Tons of bandwagon fans like cheering for superstar stacked teams

lol

When the Harden trade went down, I said KD was gone when his contract is up. You just don't do that in today's NBA (trading Harden for camp room), because this generation of players will not forget and they will bounce the 1st chance they get.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 05:30 AM
I still think that OKC has the best team in the West. If Lamb can turn out to be at least half as good as Harden, then the Thunder won't miss a beat.

Jarvo
07-26-2013, 08:03 AM
They ****ed up keeping Ibaka over Harden and not going hard enough to let Perkins go.

kblo247
07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
to get 3 perennial all stars in the draft is AMAZING I don't care where you draft and the only slam dunk was durant the other two were not as evidenced but the fact they were not #1 picks
Anyone with sense takes Westbrook high his draft. He was that good of a combo guard, that explosive, that good a defender, and non injury plagued his whole basketball career.

You can say Harden was lucky, but its a case of taking Melo, Wade.

NBA-GMaster
07-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Then KD and LeBron decided to team up and win 5 championships.. haha!!

kblo247
07-26-2013, 08:28 AM
They ****ed up keeping Ibaka over Harden and not going hard enough to let Perkins go.

And this in a nutshell. They could do without green, Ibaka, or perk. It is easy to get veteran bigs in this league if they want a shot to start and play for a title. You can easily get a Kenyon, Brand type to start at the 4 and 5 alongside Collison and compete with that perimeter. Nothing Ibaka brings or Perk brings is irreplaceable.

Hell Kwame Brown can do Perks job in a small town

rlendensky
07-26-2013, 09:11 AM
I Wouldn't blame him, You could of have a Dynasty with Westbrook- Harden-Durant-Ibaka core. But Nooo they rather keep Perkins..
SMH

Actually, they chose to resign Ibaka over Harden, keeping Perkins wasn't the reason for letting Harden walk. Either way Harden's game wasn't really an ideal fit, as good as he was (plus he deserved to be a starter in this league).

The core will remain in tact and they will pick up a solid veteran role player or two. Kevin Martin is very replaceable and Mike Miller would've been a mistake.

This is what happens when you're successful in building around a young core - eventually they get good and want to be compensated for it.

FYL_McVeezy
07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
The writing is on the wall for KD....

OKC keeps losing it's overall team depth....

KD signs with Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports (CAA)

He's a goner in 2016....

My best guess is he goes to LA to restart the Lakers.....he's gonna want a large market to build his brand, and go to a team with deep pockets that can surround him with talent and pay the luxury tax to do so....

FYL_McVeezy
07-26-2013, 10:35 AM

you meant to say Laker jersey....

dhopisthename
07-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Anyone with sense takes Westbrook high his draft. He was that good of a combo guard, that explosive, that good a defender, and non injury plagued his whole basketball career.

You can say Harden was lucky, but its a case of taking Melo, Wade.

let me put is this way the bobcats, cavs, kings, wizards and a few others have been drafting just as high as the thunder and each of them only have maybe star.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2013, 10:45 AM

It's not that easy. How come the same teams always seem to be at the top of the lottery? Those players weren't gimmes.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I still think that OKC has the best team in the West. If Lamb can turn out to be at least half as good as Harden, then the Thunder won't miss a beat.

what do you mean by half? another 6th man who can rebound pass and defend?

Tony_Starks
07-26-2013, 11:17 AM
OKC better tread very lightly. KD is Roc Nation now and it wouldn't be very hard for Jay to sell him on a big city if he feels the Thunder have hit their ceiling.

D-Leethal
07-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Next are you going to create a thread telling us the sky is blue?

D-Leethal
07-26-2013, 01:07 PM

It's not that easy. How come the same teams always seem to be at the top of the lottery? Those players weren't gimmes.

Agreed. Harden at 3 was a reach at the time IIRC and guys like Tyreke were more hyped than Westbrook who many thought couldnt make transition to NBA PG.

Sly Guy
07-26-2013, 01:47 PM
don't worry about kmart leaving. Lamb has the potential to be a beast.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 04:18 PM
what do you mean by half? another 6th man who can rebound pass and defend?

Harden didn't defend...

But I mean someone who can score and facilitate and have at least half the impact that Harden had.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 04:22 PM

Now wouldn't that be something. With Wade and Bosh expiring in 2 years, Miami will easily have the cap space for Durant and to get another slightly less than max player.

And Durant and LBJ are said to be really close friends from their time spent together with Team USA and working out last summer.

Tony_Starks
07-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Could you imagine if KD and Paul George teamed up? Those two on the wings would be crazy!

kblo247
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
let me put is this way the bobcats, cavs, kings, wizards and a few others have been drafting just as high as the thunder and each of them only have maybe star.

Note I said good sense.

The bobcats lack that as they've shown time and time again at the draft, like MJ showed with Kwame. Kings have no idea what they want, they go the Minny route and get the same parts over and over. Cavs aren't bad, they got Bron then stayed out the lotto, got Kyrie, Waiters, and Thompson (who I would take over Ibaka) so I don't get that critique.

Just because Minny, Sac, and Charlotte are dumb at the draft doesn't mean you can't put a Boston, LA, NY, Chicago, SA in the same spot consecutive years and they don't come out like roses.

And I guess it falls in with me watching ucla too much to think Westbrook was obvious in terms of skill and ceiling as a 1 or 2 in the league. Certain players just have an it about them and I always felt he had it. You just cant pass up that body, explosion, work ethoc, and injury free youth if youre a good gm. As for Harden I would say it wasnt a reach. I mean Hasheem shouldn't have even been taken high as he had bust all over him, there was Rubio who wasnt coming over right then, Jennings who went over seas and was always poor mans van Exel even in hs, and Tyreke. When the suckers took Hasheem at 2 over Reke, it became about fit, and Hrden fit the needs of OKC better while also having comparable talent. Holiday came out early and Steph had injury issues so they fell and were gambles.

I just don't get the wow factor at their drafting. The best get was Ibaka, that said, it wasnt like KD, Green, Russ, or Harden were in draft classes like 04 or 96. Its hard to **** that up unless you have no sheer idea of what you want like the Bocats, Wolves, and Kings. They were clearly at the top in terms of talent,

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
what okc SHOULD have done was let green walk and then sign westy, harden, ibaka.

what they did instead was trade green for perkins, extended perkins and signed westy + ibaka and didnt have enough to keep harden.

in a sence okc lost green & harden simply to keep perkins. thus my conclusion, PERKINS KILLED THE OKC THUNDER.

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 07:42 PM
its sad really, that perkins guy hasnt done **** for the thunder either.

Cal827
07-26-2013, 07:42 PM

LOL, you think pretty much EVERYONE looks good in a HEAT Jersey Dade :D

Cal827
07-26-2013, 07:44 PM
The name Perkins is going to be infamous in OKC for the next decade. Mainly under the category of "what if?"

I wonder why Presti loves him so much?

Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibabka would draw a lot of players wanting to join the contender for a discount. :pity:

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
The name Perkins is going to be infamous in OKC for the next decade. Mainly under the category of "what if?"

I wonder why Presti loves him so much?

Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibabka would draw a lot of players wanting to join the contender for a discount. :pity:

if managed correctly and kept together, that core was soo young they could have easily competed for a ship for the next 10 years.

5ass
07-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Presti is overrated.

Cal827
07-26-2013, 08:08 PM
if managed correctly and kept together, that core was soo young they could have easily competed for a ship for the next 10 years.

I don't use hastags much but

#Perkinsed

effen5
07-26-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't use hastags much but

#Perkinsed

http://youtu.be/rec_7Si0MEA

Lo Porto
07-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Perkins killed the OKC chances at a title just like Greg Ostertag's contract killed the chances of Stockton and Malone in Utah.

effen5
07-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Perkins killed the OKC chances at a title just like Greg Ostertag's contract killed the chances of Stockton and Malone in Utah.

Yeah, ostertag wasn't the problem, it was this one guy, Michael Jordan.

rhino17
07-26-2013, 11:19 PM

They made DUMB decisions. They could have kept Harden if they wanted to, they were just stupid and did not

Clippersfan86
07-27-2013, 12:28 AM
You guys aren't making any sense. All they had to do was amnesty Perkins, not let Westbrook or Ibaka walk. Amnesty Perkins and you have 3 max guys and one guy making 12 mill. Mind you this would be the first max of all 3 players, so not a super max, doable. Of course they would have a massive tax bill just like any title team but who cares, you do it if you want to win at a high level. Remember Perkins makes almost 10 mill a year Harden is making what 13.7 a year or something right now? The difference isn't that much.

jayjay33
07-27-2013, 02:31 AM
what okc SHOULD have done was let green walk and then sign westy, harden, ibaka.

what they did instead was trade green for perkins, extended perkins and signed westy + ibaka and didnt have enough to keep harden.

in a sence okc lost green & harden simply to keep perkins. thus my conclusion, PERKINS KILLED THE OKC THUNDER.

Yep I would keep them all start collision at 5 ibaka at 4. jackson, harden and green of the bench. All you need then to do Is sign one vet min big to bang for a few mins....

Cause that much talent is going to win. Multiple to rings. Okc GM should be shot for breaking up a team with that much talent.

kblo247
07-27-2013, 02:36 AM
You guys aren't making any sense. All they had to do was amnesty Perkins, not let Westbrook or Ibaka walk. Amnesty Perkins and you have 3 max guys and one guy making 12 mill. Mind you this would be the first max of all 3 players, so not a super max, doable. Of course they would have a massive tax bill just like any title team but who cares, you do it if you want to win at a high level. Remember Perkins makes almost 10 mill a year Harden is making what 13.7 a year or something right now? The difference isn't that much.amnesty Perk and move Thabo

It was simple to do. Just amnesty perk and flip Thabo to a team for nothing as Harden could be a starter, hell he would probably take less if you sold him on that in negotiations, saying the SG spot is yours. There's no reason Collison couldn't start in OKC and they can't get vet min bigs like Kenyon, Odom, Turiaf, Kwame, Evans, etc

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2013, 04:14 AM
no reason why he should like the recent moves, i figured he'd be pissed.

Minimal
07-27-2013, 05:55 AM
There is a good chance Durant will join LeBron in 2016 with the way OKC's FO making their moves.
In 2016 Big 3 and Durants contracts expire, Pat Riley can do his magic and bring Durant in here.
Considering that LeBron & Durant are close friends this can easily happen. The story can repeat and 2 best players will join forces once again.

ChitownSports16
07-27-2013, 07:39 PM
KD and Rose team up :) they very good friends from what I read.

da ThRONe
07-28-2013, 10:25 AM
I think this is being overblown. Presti probably made a mistake not getting rid of Perkins, but I don't think they are "done for" for a lack of a better phrase. It's easy to be discouraged when your team isn't actively getting better, however a) this is just one offseason and b) I like the addition of Lamb and Adams and think it'll pay dividends sooner than later for the Thunder.

Bruno
07-28-2013, 01:33 PM
this team had it all on a silver platter then they blew it away. durant will never win a ring in OKC, he'll be out of there by 28. they had the potential, but blew it. trading james harden was a mistake. you pay him, go a bit into luxury, and you amnesty perkins. how did they blow that? :facepalm:

D-Leethal
07-28-2013, 04:27 PM
They had the makings for a young budding dynasty unlike any this league has ever seen. They literally could have contended for 10 straight years with that core. I don't blame Presti, I think he is an astute GM, but as a GM, your only as good as your owners allow you to be. Its tough to stay on top when your owners want to penny pinch.

Cromedome
07-29-2013, 01:46 AM
Durant needs to sign with the Knicks.

heyman321
07-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Durant is signing with the Milwaukee Bucks once he leaves.

smiddy012
07-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Rose
Butler
Durant
Mirotic
Noah

Book it.

Cromedome
07-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Rose
Butler
Durant
Mirotic
Noah

Book it.

I wish I could throw that book at you.

Felton
Shumpert
Durant
Melo
Chandler

Metta world Artest
etc......

Losoway
07-29-2013, 02:39 AM
this is the problem with small market teams. they are cheap .

they should have kept harden . now they have no one

BklynKnicks3
07-29-2013, 09:42 AM
As much as i hate it its the only way to win now. Team up like those clowns did in miami come to NY!!

Sly Guy
07-29-2013, 10:19 AM

Agreed, but at the time, everyone was singing praises of how good a deal it was for the thunder. They got a big in the middle renowned for his toughness, a guys who could defend, rebound, and didn't take any shots away from durant or westbrook. What really killed them was extending him.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
You can't be cheap AND competitive. If you're not smart enough to know that a core of KD/Westy/Ibaka/Harden makes you contenders for years to come then you shouldnt be running a team.

todu82
07-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Going to be very interesting to see what happens with Durant in the coming yrs. I think unless the Thunder keep more of their good players you will see Durant leaving there when he becomes a free agent.

Byronicle
07-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I didn't think Harden would've exploded the way he did but I was shocked by how little OKC got in return. The trade was lopsided from the get go, in favour for Houston. Good for Houston

However I didn't think OKC would opt to keep Perkins rather than amnesty him so they could sign Harden.

OKC messed up. They should've amnestied Perkins regardless and they should've gotten a lot more for Harden.

Its no surprise Durant is not happy. He's on his way out because clearly their management cannot put this team to the next level. They can rebuild but they cannot completely make a championship team

Stinkyoutsider
07-29-2013, 01:17 PM
I think Durant's personality towards the game has changed a lot? I think he's finally understanding what he needs to do to have a chance to win in a league like the NBA. And, that's be assertive (borderline agressive) even with your own front office. Voice your displeasure and hold them accountable just like they hold you accountable every day. Nothing wrong with that or him...

I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to keep Kevin Martin, but they made the deal to get him to make a run. The run came up short and Martin is gone. Martin is a good player but he's always gone where he could make the most money for his service (and there's nothing wrong with that). OKC should have saw that coming though.

I think the OKC front office needs to get back to what they do best, which is finding young, affordable, talented players. Who knows, Perry Jones might improve and become that guy that Durant can rely on to help carry the team along with Westbrook and Ibaka. And by then, they'll be rid of Perkins. Not sure why Perkins is still around unless it's mainly for leadership.

tr3ymill3r
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I think he has every right to be upset especially looking at a hypothetical team he could have had. The Thunder could have easily packaged guys like Westbrook and Green for CP3 and Harden and Ibaka for Dwight. Imagine CP3, Durant and Dwight...scary and could have easily been put together with FORCE TRADES TURNED OFF.

Cal827
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I think he has every right to be upset especially looking at a hypothetical team he could have had. The Thunder could have easily packaged guys like Westbrook and Green for CP3 and Harden and Ibaka for Dwight. Imagine CP3, Durant and Dwight...scary and could have easily been put together with FORCE TRADES TURNED OFF.

#Perkinsed

sunsfan88
07-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Yea but CP3 & Dwight would never play for OKC because its not a big market. Both guys wanted to play for bigger markets after coming from New Orleans and Orlando.

JordansBulls
07-29-2013, 08:01 PM
They keep losing key players and they are falling back now.

RipCity32
07-29-2013, 11:29 PM
The Thunder have felt Durants frustration and have delivered him Ryan Gomes!!!

shep33
07-30-2013, 04:05 AM
To me, if they had kept Harden they would've been the overwhelming favorites to win the west for the next 3-4 years.

If they would've kept Martin, I think they still would've had a shot at a couple finals appearances. Now, considering WB's injury, a very thin bench, and Scott Brooks being out coached almost every night, I just don't see how they can contend with the Spurs, Grizz, Clips and Warriors.

Offensively they are almost entirely dependent on KD and WB now. They're insanely good, but that's a ton of pressure for those two guys.

Monta is beast
07-30-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that Presti keeps making bad decisions. Durant doesn't seem like someone who would try and force his way out of Oklahoma City, but if he does request a trade by the time his contract runs out, the Warriors would be heavy favorites to land him in my opinion. We could offer Thompson & Barnes, while still being able to pair Durant with Curry and Iguodala. We might even be able to get a pick from Oaklahoma City. All depends how the next few seasons go.

Curry-Iguodala-Durant

Westbrook-Thompson-Barnes

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-30-2013, 04:35 AM
I love KD, but I wonder how much his image would take a hit in comparison to guys like Lebron and Howard if he decided to leave OKC. Would be interesting to see IMO, but as a fan of his personally, I hope he gets the help he deserves and gets to stay a thunder for a long time

Monta is beast
07-30-2013, 04:37 AM
He'd look nice in a warriors uni tho.

5ass
07-30-2013, 04:41 AM
Agreed, but at the time, everyone was singing praises of how good a deal it was for the thunder. They got a big in the middle renowned for his toughness, a guys who could defend, rebound, and didn't take any shots away from durant or westbrook. What really killed them was extending him.

Thats not true at all.

naps
07-30-2013, 05:06 AM
To think how they lost Harden for NOTHING...wow that hurts! At least if they could keep K-Mart there it would at least have been a little less of a pain. Who's their 6th man now? I mean I understand the financial standpoint of letting Harden go but you just can't keep useless Perkins over Harden. Durant-Westy-Harden-Ibaka would be enough to put them in the finals for the most part of the next decade. Instead, now they are going downhill.

sunsfan88
07-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Ryan Gomes To Sign One-Year Deal With Thunder
Jul 29, 2013 10:15 PM EDT

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to a one-year deal with Ryan Gomes, according to sources.

Gomes last played in the NBA in 2011-12, when he averaged 2.3 points and 1.9 rebounds in 32 games for the Los Angeles Clippers.

Gomes is a seven-year veteran who has played for three different teams.

The San Antonio Spurs also were reportedly interested in Gomes.

Durant won't be unhappy for long! Take that haters!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2013, 11:26 AM
I doubt Durant is going anywhere. I see team stacking or friends pairing up for super teams be a thing of the past soon enough. Yeah we see the Nets owner paying close to $180M after luxury taxes. But I doubt he does for 5 years in a row. Luxury tax gets worst for repeat offenders.

Teams pay $1 for every $1 their salary is above the luxury-tax threshold in 2011-12 and 2012-13. Starting in 2012-13, teams pay an incremental tax that increases with every $5 million above the tax threshold ($1.50, $1.75, $2.50, $3.25, etc.). Teams that are repeat offenders (paying tax at least four out of the past five seasons) have a tax that is higher still — $1 more at each increment ($2.50, $2.75, $3.50, $4.25, etc.).

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nba-cbs-luxury-tax-rules-competitive-balance/101689

waveycrockett
07-30-2013, 11:32 AM
OKC also lost the Jeff Green/Perkins trade big time. Maybe even worse than the Harden trade