PDA

View Full Version : Is the US going to get upset next Olympics?

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Basically can the US still win gold without Kobe, Rondo, Lebron, etc? I'm serious here too, they barely beat Spain last olympics with the two best players in the world and by 2016 Team Canada will likely have so much NBA depth that they'll be rejecting NBAers from their team which has never happened before outside of the US. Team Canada will likely include current NBAers like Bennett, Thompson, Olynyck, Cory Joseph, Nicholson, Kris Joseph, Sacre and potential future NBAers like Andrew Wiggins (could very likely be the best player at the olympics)Tyler Ennis, Trey Lyles, Rathan Mayes, Dwight Powell, Montaque gill-ceaser (Another Huntington prep Canadian already being called the next Wiggins), Justin Jackson, and a bunch of others that I don't feel like typing out. Obviously, Canada will lack experience for 2016 because they are so young but by 2020 it's gonna be fun to watch US VS Canada Gms. Also, you can't count out countries like Spain either because they always seem to challenge the US even without NBA depth.

RipCity32
07-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Spain will be the only real challenge for USA.

Lake_Show2416
07-25-2013, 08:10 PM
no

Hawkeye15
07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Where the hell did Rondo come from?

The US will still be the favorites. Pau is getting way older, and unless Marc/Rubio and the rest of the cast grow into awesomeness, the US will have too much for anyone to handle. The new US teams are just better prepared now, so their talent level dominance isn't being exposed by the early 2000's of not being prepared.

Kjthunder
07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
By 2016 kobe wouldnt be able to help team usa anymore anyways. And LBJ hurts but not enough to knock US =out of gold!

US will still win gold!

Paul/Williams/Curry
Harden/Westbrook
Durant/George
Melo/Love/Davis
Howard/Drummond (Think the kid is gona be legit in 2 years)

That team wins gold and thats just off the top of my head. Still have players like Griffin, ALdridge, Irving (if paul or williams dont play), Chandler Parsons, Greg Monroe, Klay Thompson, John Wall, Kenneth Faried, Derrick Favors, Damion Lillard, Demarcus Cousins, And Harrison Barnes (barnes i think has a real shot to make it if he keeps improving)

ManRam
07-25-2013, 08:20 PM
We're like 3 years away...

LeBron might change his mind (I wouldn't if I were him)...and at the very least we have no idea what the roster will be like, or how good the competition will be.

Gators123
07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Nah.

I Rock Shaqs
07-25-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd be perfectly estatic if Canada got bronze.

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Where the hell did Rondo come from?

The US will still be the favorites. Pau is getting way older, and unless Marc/Rubio and the rest of the cast grow into awesomeness, the US will have too much for anyone to handle. The new US teams are just better prepared now, so their talent level dominance isn't being exposed by the early 2000's of not being prepared.

Rondo said he never wants to play for the US

http://dimemag.com/2012/04/report-rajon-rondo-doesnt-ever-want-to-play-for-team-usa/

I Rock Shaqs
07-25-2013, 09:04 PM

http://dimemag.com/2012/04/report-rajon-rondo-doesnt-ever-want-to-play-for-team-usa/

Real N83894uh right there.

jon32
07-25-2013, 09:16 PM
U.S will always be the favorites, stars will just keep replacing stars. Canada is growing and could give them a good game soon....other than that its U.S huge favorites with Spain still there and Canada comin

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 09:19 PM

Yeah, because he got sent home.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2013, 09:29 PM
what about all the new talent from the US that we will be adding like Parker, Randle, Gordon, Harrison, Okafor, Jones, etc

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Dp

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
what about all the new talent from the US that we will be adding like Parker, Randle, Gordon, Harrison, Okafor, Jones, etc

You guys need Big men that's where you're weakest. I'd laugh if Canada put those two huge indian brothers on New Mexico State(Sim and Tanveer bhullar) on their team and have them stand in front of the rim just to expose the US at C.

rockbottom2010
07-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Team Canada - Wiggins, Bennett, Kabongo, Thompson, Olynyk, Joseph, Lyles, Gill-Ceaser, Ennis, Taylor.....it'll be interesting

Oh ya don't sleep on France...

Hellcrooner
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
2016 ? dont thin so, Manu and scola, Navarro and Gasol are gettin old.

BUT:

there is an ealier challenge.

2014 WORLD CUP

TO be played............................................ .................in SPAIN

So
SPain, playing home with everybody commiting into winning.
Team usa with some players that will decide not to go like kobe or lebron.

THATS the one you will probably lose.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Rondo?? He isn't the least bit deserving.

astonmartin10
07-25-2013, 10:09 PM
USA is still strong. Team Canada will be too young.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2013, 10:17 PM
You guys need Big men that's where you're weakest. I'd laugh if Canada put those two huge indian brothers on New Mexico State(Sim and Tanveer bhullar) on their team and have them stand in front of the rim just to expose the US at C.

Randle, Okafor, Gordon are big men plus you got Carl Towns and others in the 2014 class too and 2015 has 5 Centers in the top 15 right now

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Some of these posts have me laughing. I mean it's not like the USA hasn't fielded a stacked team...oh yeah, I seem to recall at least one with LeBron on it in 2004...and yet still failed to take home the gold.

Anything is possible in 2016. I'm not buying into it that we are automatic to win gold just because on paper we have the talent.

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Randle, Okafor, Gordon are big men plus you got Carl Towns and others in the 2014 class too and 2015 has 5 Centers in the top 15 right now

Karl Towns represents the Dominican Republic. He was on the world team with Wiggins which beat the US earlier this year. If you could get him to switch that would be huge for you guys cause he gonna be insane, never seen a 7'1 player move like that before.

topdog
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Lebron is great and all but the Olympic game is better suited to shooters which the USA will have plenty of the next go 'round. We're talking about rising stars in Durant, Love, Paul George, Kyrie Irving, ect as well as the potential to re-establish a serious Team USA post game with young centers like Demarcus Cousins and Andre Drummond.

The issue is and will continue to become increasingly so that the world is catching up. That doesn't mean other teams are reaching the same level of individual talent, but they've already forced Team USA to take preparation more seriously and anything can happen in single elimination games.

mrblisterdundee
07-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Are you kidding? Every other team is a joke compared to the United States. Even Spain, France, Argentina and Brazil at full force - even if all their players were magically transported back to their primes - couldn't beat the U.S.
The only thing that can beat the U.S. is an implosion.

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Are you kidding? Every other team is a joke compared to the United States. Even Spain, France, Argentina and Brazil at full force - even if all their players were magically transported back to their primes - couldn't beat the U.S.

You guys got beat in 2004 and almost again last year lol. You won by 7pts over Spain and now you're missing your two top players from that team, 2016 or 2020 we're gonna see an upset. Without Kobe and James no one on your team will be able to guard Wiggins.

IndyRealist
07-25-2013, 11:57 PM
When it happens, in 2016 or 2020 or whenever, it won't be an upset. Everyone will see a juggernaut of a team coming, and it'll be a dogfight. It probably won't be Argentina, or Spain, or other team with aging NBA players. It'll be Canada, or France, or someone else fielding young talent.

FOBolous
07-26-2013, 12:05 AM

really? is that why Lebron has two bronze metals from international competitions?

mrblisterdundee
07-26-2013, 12:06 AM
You guys got beat in 2004 and almost again last year lol. You won by 7pts over Spain and now you're missing your two top players from that team, 2016 or 2020 we're gonna see an upset. Without Kobe and James no one on your team will be able to guard Wiggins.

It's all about cohesion. In terms of talent, no other country even approaches the U.S. Getting rid of some of the stars might even help the U.S. team. I repeat: the only thing that beats the Dream Team is the Dream Team.

Hellcrooner
07-26-2013, 12:06 AM
again.

2016?

CARE FOR 2014

Hellcrooner
07-26-2013, 12:24 AM
btw the REAL threat for team usa.

I expect it in 10 or 15 years time

will be the AFRICAN Nations teams.

Why?

because there are litteraly THOUSEND of Young african kids that have been taken to euroepean teams youth schemes in the last 3 or 4 years.

They have the phisical tool the lebrons or howards have.
They are getting the shooting mechanincs that dudes like Dirk or Peja have from the same people that teached them.
They are also getting the teaching of fundamentals that the gasols , manus, Parkers etc got here.

Think bout it.

Some nigerian or sudanese big man with the body of Howard + dirks shooting/passing+ paus post moves iq and court visión.

Scary uh?

topdog
07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
It's all about cohesion. In terms of talent, no other country even approaches the U.S. Getting rid of some of the stars might even help the U.S. team. I repeat: the only thing that beats the Dream Team is the Dream Team.

Melo and Kobe for instance.

Getting to use Kevin Love as your Nick Collison/Tyler Hansborough means your team has a long way to fall to join the rest of the pack. I mean look at projected Team Canada: Wiggins, Bennett (surprise 1st pick in weak draft), Kabongo (undrafted), Thompson (surprise 4th pick), Olynyk, Joseph (barely in the league), Lyles, Gill-Ceaser, Ennis, Taylor (not yet in the league) Hold your horses, eh?

I am excited to see the next generation of US players as I think that they will fit together even better with more defined roles.

your-mama-ugly
07-26-2013, 12:34 AM
USA is still deep.

Derek Rose/Kyrie Irvining
James Harden/Russell Westbrook
Paul George/Gordon Haywood
Kevin Durant/Blake Griffin
Kevin Love/Anthony Davis

Also Roy Hibbert/Steph Curry/K. Leonard

Yeah, as much as other team may have improve you can't forget that USA will still have best player in the tournament (Kevin Durant) and I think Derek rose will eat up Andrew wiggens.

Avenged
07-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Rondo... Lol...

RLundi
07-26-2013, 01:05 AM

I don't think Canada has a shot.

I agree, the US is not by any means infallible but if anyone beats them, it'll be a European country.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 04:15 AM
Melo and Kobe for instance.

Getting to use Kevin Love as your Nick Collison/Tyler Hansborough means your team has a long way to fall to join the rest of the pack. I mean look at projected Team Canada: Wiggins, Bennett (surprise 1st pick in weak draft), Kabongo (undrafted), Thompson (surprise 4th pick), Olynyk, Joseph (barely in the league), Lyles, Gill-Ceaser, Ennis, Taylor (not yet in the league) Hold your horses, eh?

I am excited to see the next generation of US players as I think that they will fit together even better with more defined roles.

The thing with Canada though is that they're all friends, there's none of that ego BS that you see from guys on the US like Melo, Kobe, Paul, griffin, jordan. I mean no offense or anything but those players I mentioned are all D***s, The US would have way better chemistry if it were built around players like durant, williams, curry,george,etc rather than selfish types like Kobe.

IndyRealist
07-26-2013, 06:19 AM
USA is still deep.

Derek Rose/Kyrie Irvining
James Harden/Russell Westbrook
Paul George/Gordon Haywood
Kevin Durant/Blake Griffin
Kevin Love/Anthony Davis

Also Roy Hibbert/Steph Curry/K. Leonard

Yeah, as much as other team may have improve you can't forget that USA will still have best player in the tournament (Kevin Durant) and I think Derek rose will eat up Andrew wiggens.
Roy Hibbert is ineligible to play for Team USA. He played for another international team already.

Team USA needs some size.

PhillyFaninLA
07-26-2013, 06:27 AM
If the US wants to win they will win, to much of a talent gap....Spain deserves respect and in 4 years maybe Canada but doubtful.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Basically can the US still win gold without Kobe, Rondo, Lebron, etc? I'm serious here too, they barely beat Spain last olympics with the two best players in the world and by 2016 Team Canada will likely have so much NBA depth that they'll be rejecting NBAers from their team which has never happened before outside of the US. Team Canada will likely include current NBAers like Bennett, Thompson, Olynyck, Cory Joseph, Nicholson, Kris Joseph, Sacre and potential future NBAers like Andrew Wiggins (could very likely be the best player at the olympics)Tyler Ennis, Trey Lyles, Rathan Mayes, Dwight Powell, Montaque gill-ceaser (Another Huntington prep Canadian already being called the next Wiggins), Justin Jackson, and a bunch of others that I don't feel like typing out. Obviously, Canada will lack experience for 2016 because they are so young but by 2020 it's gonna be fun to watch US VS Canada Gms. Also, you can't count out countries like Spain either because they always seem to challenge the US even without NBA depth.
Wiggins will never be the best player at the 2016 Olympics unless Durant dies by then.

sunsfan88
07-26-2013, 06:37 AM

The Bhullar brothers are trash. DeAndre Jordan is freaking better than them!

Minimal
07-26-2013, 06:56 AM
The only challenge for team USA will be team Spain and team Lithuania, who almost beat USA in 2012 olympics, but the 2016 team will most likely feature Motiejunas and Valanciunas, who by that time can arguably develop into one of the best centers in the league. Thats my guess.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:29 AM
The Bhullar brothers are trash. DeAndre Jordan is freaking better than them!

Yea they aren't that good, but they are huge. The older one did win freshman of the year for his conference though.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:30 AM
The only challenge for team USA will be team Spain and team Lithuania, who almost beat USA in 2012 olympics, but the 2016 team will most likely feature Valanciunas, who by that time can arguably develop into one of the best centers in the league. Thats my guess.

trouble is that's all Lithuania has..They haven't produced much recently outside valuncunias.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Wiggins will never be the best player at the 2016 Olympics unless Durant dies by then.

Durant's d is weak and struggled without westbrook (3pt% dropped to 31% in playoffs)...I lost a bit of respect for him after this last playoff.

RLundi
07-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Durant's d is weak and struggled without westbrook (3pt% dropped to 31% in playoffs)...I lost a bit of respect for him after this last playoff.

You don't even know how Wiggins will play in the NBA. What makes you so sure about him but doubt Durant?

2-ONE-5
07-26-2013, 09:54 AM

this is just not true. Spain has been able to go to toe wth us for years now

C_Mund
07-26-2013, 10:18 AM

Haha YES!!!! Real talk.

C_Mund
07-26-2013, 10:37 AM
It ain't time for Canada. It's coming, but we're talking big about MAKING the 2016 Olympics.

I love watching international ball but I won't pretend to know much about the future for most countries. Suffice to say that the US will be the favorite pretty much every year for the time being, even though some teams are slowly closing the gap.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
07-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Good thing Westbrook and some other people who, you know, the other team actually will have to guard, will be there... Oh and that whole shorter 3pt line is there, which Durant abused last Olympics. Durant dragged OKC to the second round after Westbrook got Beverly-ed. His 3pt% was whacked because thats what he needed to do in the 1st and especially the 2nd round series. That team was often behind late in games, and no one else could score. Make any team one dimensional, and its gonna be rough. His defense was also better, based on drtg, than any playoff year he played in previous. In any case, by any metric or eye test, he did his part for OKC in the playoffs. When Ibaka/Martin came up smaller than dust mites, that series was over.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

You're saying a guy with currently 0 years of NBA experience, is gonna be the best player at the Olympics, over Durant, who was as crucial to team USAs gold medal run last time as anybody else? I like Wiggins as much as the next NBA fan (maybe not you), but this is a bit of a stretch, based solely on a would be 31 year old LeBron(who has played over 60 postseason games, and will have played an additional seasons worth of games by 2016), and Kobe, 37, likely not returning. I will still take the US roster quality, chemistry and depth any day. Not saying a gold is assured, but I think it's a little early to be driving the Team Canada hype train to the top of the podium. Definitely interested to see what Canada has at Worlds though.

Bookey
07-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh no, no Rondo? How will we ever replace his horrible overrated defense and poor shooting, with the 6 to 8 US point guards that are better than him?

Legendary33
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM
The thing with Canada though is that they're all friends, there's none of that ego BS that you see from guys on the US like Melo, Kobe, Paul, griffin, jordan. I mean no offense or anything but those players I mentioned are all D***s, The US would have way better chemistry if it were built around players like durant, williams, curry,george,etc rather than selfish types like Kobe.

Thats a horrible argument cause majority of those all stars are friends (ex. the formation of Lebron, Wade, and bosh in miami). Their problem isn't egos or chemistry its just the players slowing the game down with lack of ball movement. Then again its not a big problem since their so dominant.

As for Canada they may put up a fight in 2016 but 2020 is when they will be talked about for a medal.

your-mama-ugly
07-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Let not forget one thing that defiantly tips to USA favor! The coaching staff! Coach K and his staff are five stars compared to what Canada brings to the table.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Thats a horrible argument cause majority of those all stars are friends (ex. the formation of Lebron, Wade, and bosh in miami). Their problem isn't egos or chemistry its just the players slowing the game down with lack of ball movement. Then again its not a big problem since their so dominant.

As for Canada they may put up a fight in 2016 but 2020 is when they will be talked about for a medal.

I don't know I think it is egos because on paper the US should murder a team like Spain and they don't, why not? Probably because what Spain lacks in talent they make up for in chemistry and that's basically my reasoning for why there could be an upset from a team like Canada down the line. Canada doesn't have these selfish type players who care more about their stat lines or being the man then winning (i.e Westbrook).

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Let not forget one thing that defiantly tips to USA favor! The coaching staff! Coach K and his staff are five stars compared to what Canada brings to the table.

Yea that's true Canada needs to improve there for sure. Although who did Spain have when they won?

IndyRealist
07-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't know I think it is egos because on paper the US should murder a team like Spain and they don't, why not? Probably because what Spain lacks in talent they make up for in chemistry and that's basically my reasoning for why there could be an upset from a team like Canada down the line. Canada doesn't have these selfish type players who care more about their stat lines or being the man then winning (i.e Westbrook).

It's not chemistry, it's familiarity. International teams play together for months at a time. Team USA spends what, 3 weeks together each summer? Remember when the allstar game when the entire Pistons team were the East reserves? They MURDERED the West team.

TorontoHuskies
07-27-2013, 12:04 AM
It's not chemistry, it's familiarity. International teams play together for months at a time. Team USA spends what, 3 weeks together each summer? Remember when the allstar game when the entire Pistons team were the East reserves? They MURDERED the West team.

A lot of them do play on the same teams but so do American players....Heat: Bosh,Wade James; Clippers: Paul, Jordon, Griffin; OKC Durant, Westbrook (harden also has experience with them); Houston Harden, Howard,etc. The Spanish team has 12 players on 8 different teams so it's not much different. All their top players are playing on different teams in the NBA so they wouldn't have months to play together unless they spent their summers doing it, and if they do there's still no reason the US couldn't do the same.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2013, 01:20 AM
A lot of them do play on the same teams but so do American players....Heat: Bosh,Wade James; Clippers: Paul, Jordon, Griffin; OKC Durant, Westbrook (harden also has experience with them); Houston Harden, Howard,etc. The Spanish team has 12 players on 8 different teams so it's not much different. All their top players are playing on different teams in the NBA so they wouldn't have months to play together unless they spent their summers doing it, and if they do there's still no reason the US couldn't do the same.

The spanish players have been playing EVERY SUMMER since they were 14 or 15 for the national team togheter.

The likely team for next years world cup. And taking on account ONLY the first team ( many of then have shared youth team in under21, 19, 17 etc divison tournamets before getting to the first team)

Calderon- Part of the core since 2004
Rubio- Part of teh core since 2008
Sergio Rodríguez- Part of the core since 2006
Sergio Llul- Part of the core since 2007
Rudy Fernández- Part of the core since 2005
Jc Navarro- Parto of the core since 2000
Alex Mumbru- Part of the core since 2004
Felipe Reyes- Parto of the core since 2000
Pau Gasol- Part of the core since 2000
Marc Gasol- Part of the core since 2006

so basically the number of new pieces will be 2 or 3 players.

The rest have been playing togheter probably like 60-100 games.

same can be said for france, argentina and etc etc.

JWorthy42
07-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Spain, once again, is the only challenge.

Argentina, France, Brazil and Lithuania always try and make an attempt to challenge however their talent levels drop tremendously when they go to their bench. I'd like to see Valanciunas/Motiejunas develop into something for the Lithuanians.

Argentina is what? Scola + Ginobili? Also old. :(

Rammix
07-27-2013, 02:15 AM

Actually, the Dominican Republic rejected Charlie Villenueva lol

TorontoHuskies
07-27-2013, 05:27 AM
The spanish players have been playing EVERY SUMMER since they were 14 or 15 for the national team togheter.

The likely team for next years world cup. And taking on account ONLY the first team ( many of then have shared youth team in under21, 19, 17 etc divison tournamets before getting to the first team)

Calderon- Part of the core since 2004
Rubio- Part of teh core since 2008
Sergio Rodríguez- Part of the core since 2006
Sergio Llul- Part of the core since 2007
Rudy Fernández- Part of the core since 2005
Jc Navarro- Parto of the core since 2000
Alex Mumbru- Part of the core since 2004
Felipe Reyes- Parto of the core since 2000
Pau Gasol- Part of the core since 2000
Marc Gasol- Part of the core since 2006

so basically the number of new pieces will be 2 or 3 players.

The rest have been playing togheter probably like 60-100 games.

same can be said for france, argentina and etc etc.

Yea that kind of supports what I was saying with the American players having an ego problem. I don't think you could get guys like Howard, wade, Melo, Westbrook, Drummund, Paul, etc to show up if they weren't playing in a tournament.

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2013, 06:30 AM
usa should win. i'd love to see canada do well though, they're building something there.

SpeeMN
07-27-2013, 07:31 AM
I think WE ARE building something great HERE.

How do you stop Rose, Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Love.....

you don't.

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2013, 07:52 AM

you don't.

this, usa basketball is in good hands like always...

DubiousCustomer
07-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Fact is, Durant can carry us. He is amazing in the international game.

sunsfan88
07-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Durant is one of the best defenders for his position and 3pt% isn't all that matters. He still put up 30 pts a game.

sunsfan88
07-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea they aren't that good, but they are huge. The older one did win freshman of the year for his conference though.

Yea but huge isn't necessarily all that great. Kwame Brown and Hasheem Thabeet are huge but useless.

And yea the older one is better one...isn't the younger one trying to walk on or is he actually getting a scholarship?

TorontoHuskies
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Yea but huge isn't necessarily all that great. Kwame Brown and Hasheem Thabeet are huge but useless.

And yea the older one is better one...isn't the younger one trying to walk on or is he actually getting a scholarship?

I'm pretty sure the younger one got a scholarship for NM state too, but he doesn't look very good. The older one could be alright if he dropped like 35 more pounds though, he's too fat right now to move properly.

Sly Guy
07-28-2013, 10:07 AM

they won't. Too young.

Burkey3472
07-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Spain will be a challenge but I would still take the more talented team by far over any team chemistry wise. Guy's like Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Love, Curry, George will all be hitting their primes around 2016. They could still have guys like Melo, Howard, Paul and Dwill too.

Kuya_Clive
07-28-2013, 11:53 AM

you don't.

Scarier still, those guys aren't even in their prime yet and will probably only start by 2016 too. The up and coming guys from the select team are ultra talented too. Just needs some more size and its all good.

JasonJohnHorn
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Canada is going ALL THE WAY!!! WIGGINS!! BENNETT!!!! THOMPSON!!!! Kelly Olynyk!!! Get Nash and McGloire and Dalembert back on the team... and the GOLD WILL BE LOCKED UP!!!!!

JasonJohnHorn
07-28-2013, 12:11 PM
they won't. Too young.

Was Magic to young to win in his rookie season? I agree veteran experience helps, but it doesn't always trump talent. With Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson and Olynyk all on the team, that will give team Canada four NBA players, which is more than a lot of teams. And there is always the possibility that Nash, McGloire and Dalembert could play for the team.

And you say young, but the 2016 olympics is three years away.... Wiggins will have two years in the NBA by then, Bennet and Olynyk 4 and Thompson 6.

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Canada is going ALL THE WAY!!! WIGGINS!! BENNETT!!!! THOMPSON!!!! Kelly Olynyk!!! Get Nash and McGloire and Dalembert back on the team... and the GOLD WILL BE LOCKED UP!!!!!

Not magloire lol he sucks..Besides that we already got Sacre who can't be any worse.

Legendary33
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Was Magic to young to win in his rookie season? I agree veteran experience helps, but it doesn't always trump talent. With Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson and Olynyk all on the team, that will give team Canada four NBA players, which is more than a lot of teams. And there is always the possibility that Nash, McGloire and Dalembert could play for the team.

And you say young, but the 2016 olympics is three years away.... Wiggins will have two years in the NBA by then, Bennet and Olynyk 4 and Thompson 6.

Stop embarrassing your self right now, please. If your argument is veteran experience doesn't beat talent than we lose because team USA has way more than us in both categories. your just making our team sound sad now thinking that finally having NBA players on our team means were winning gold. We can compete now but not going to beat the US, our best shot is 2020. And your delusional if you even bring up the possibility of Nash playing again, he's the GM for a reason.

TheSportMessiah
07-28-2013, 06:37 PM
US will still likely have CP3, Rose, Harden, Durant, Carmello, Love, A. Davis, and others...they still will easily be the favorites.

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
US will still likely have CP3, Rose, Harden, Durant, Carmello, Love, A. Davis, and others...they still will easily be the favorites.

I good comparison to Canada basketball would be the US hockey team last olympics. They aren't anywhere near the Canadians talentwise but they still almost won gold against them. Anything can happen in one game so no matter how much talent the US basketball team has they're still prone to being beaten especially when they have been upset before with a better roster. Also, it's easier to be the underdog because no one expects anything from you.