PDA

View Full Version : Basketball in the states

ErnesBasketball
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi my name is Ernes, I'm living in the Netherlands.

My goal is to become a professional basketball player, but I'm running out of time.
Three years ago, I was one of the big talents, but my coach didn't like me and I've had a lot of downs from team managers which led to not being selected for the Under 18. Now I'm stuck and I've had a time where I just lost hope. But a few months ago, I just remembered how much I want this, and now I'm trying to get there again.

This whole story leads to a few questions, one of them is: Is it even possible for me to get to college like this? I'm 17, turning 18 in November. And I'm not sure if it's still possible for me to even get to the States, even though I really want to. I've heard that you need to send video's of yourself? How does this work, does anyone know? And does anyone know if the time is still right for me to try to get there?

gwrighter
07-25-2013, 07:27 PM
If I was you I would look into some scouting websites(I don't know any but you can google them). I know if you're only 18 you can try and get into a prep High School and play 1 more year to get scouted to play NCAA the year after.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2013, 07:47 PM
ignore this ddue. he posted the same thing in the NFL forum

I Rock Shaqs
07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
ignore this ddue. he posted the same thing in the NFL forum

;)