PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert want out of NY?

PurpleJesus
07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/07/iman-shumpert-reportedly-unhappy-with-the-knicks-offseason-moves/

About a week old news, but just found it now.

The Knicks havenít exactly had the best summerótheir biggest free-agent signing was Metta World Peace, and they spent about $18 million to bring back JR Smith, who had knee surgery immediately following the inking of his deal. And hereís another negative piece of news: up-and-coming guard Iman Shumpert is reportedly unhappy with the franchiseís direction, according to the Daily News: ďI guess the only question is if Metta expires before Shumpert, one of the few Knicks who has value. Dolan is reportedly upset that Shumpert wasnít interested in working with the summer league team and wants to trade him. Shumpert, Iíve heard, isnít too crazy about the moves the Knicks have made, which could further stunt his development.Ē

PurpleJesus
07-25-2013, 01:14 PM
NY not MY

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Can't really blame him. I wouldn't want to play there either.

PurpleJesus
07-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Curious why stuff like this from NY goes unnoticed, but if a star in say...Minnesota said something like this, everyone would think an offer of Kris Humphries for him would be fair.

BBallfan8
07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Iman/status/359079205406912515

STAT1
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Your what?

HouRealCoach
07-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Can we please DEAD these dumb *** rumors! I love my team as well as the new additions. I wanna win! #thatisall
-Iman Shumpert

@I_Am_Iman

Bogus article just trying to stir up trouble lol

TheNumber37
07-25-2013, 01:31 PM
close thread.

already reported and refuted by Iman on Twitter.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM

Every player said the same about Detroit

justinnum1
07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
If he wants a ring he can come to miami for the min.

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Curious why stuff like this from NY goes unnoticed, but if a star in say...Minnesota said something like this, everyone would think an offer of Kris Humphries for him would be fair.

Because it's not true and the media in NY will do anything to get a story.

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
If he wants a ring he can come to miami for the min.

in your dreams.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM

Dude, I don't know what made you hate Detroit so bad, but it's getting old.

Pipe down already. And change your avatar, ****'s annoying.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 01:43 PM
You are a little punk, stay out of my face.

Suck it

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 01:45 PM

Looks like you got put in your place.

MonroeFAN
very good come back

MonroeFAN
jesus ****ing christ new york fans are annoying. i definitely got put in my place.

Over/under that you two are both 15?

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM

You can dish it but can't take it I see

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
jesus ****ing christ new york fans are annoying. i definitely got put in my place.

And I'm positive you're 12 and still haven't graduated elementary school

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM

Over. You need to think about what you say about other places when you live in a glorified garbage dump.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
telling me to 'suck it' is not dishing it out.

Although it is an easy way to end an argument without even starting one, which I do applaud. Not really looking to fight on the internet.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I live at 40th and 2nd, just FYI.

But I'm curious, why do you continue to bad mouth the Pistons? As a 50 win team why do you even consider us a threat? I'm not saying that the Knicks are a bad team, I just simply don't like the way the roster is constructed, and I can't blame Shumpert for wanting out when you guys just resigned your starting 2 guard.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 01:51 PM
telling me to 'suck it' is not dishing it out.

Although it is an easy way to end an argument without even starting one, which I do applaud. Not really looking to fight on the internet.

Good, your computer will have a spyware if you mess with me

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM

So I just make a right at the 40th abandoned building and your the 2nd dumpster on the left, or right?

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Uh? I live in Midtown manhattan, dude. You very clearly don't know the city you live in that well.

BHF
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM

just report or ignore the 15 year old attention whore he has been trolling the forums for a long time.

UPRock
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM

But I'm curious, why do you continue to bad mouth the Pistons? As a 50 win team why do you even consider us a threat? I'm not saying that the Knicks are a bad team, I just simply don't like the way the roster is constructed, and I can't blame Shumpert for wanting out when you guys just resigned your starting 2 guard.

Smith is their 6th man, stop dissing New York. I'm not even close to a Knicks fan but is tiresome to keep reading your diss comments about other franchises when yours is crap.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
just report or ignore the 15 year old attention whore he has been trolling the forums for a long time.

I've already reported you. You post like a 10 year old and looks like you are 10

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
lmfao @ my computer having a spyware. Oh well, not worth it.

So does anyone blame Shumpert for wanting out? I don't understand their fascination with putting together old rosters when they very clearly are not in the same league as the top competitors. I feel like NY is always on the brink of being an elite team but never can get over the hump.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Smith is their 6th man, stop dissing New York. I'm not even close to a Knicks fan but is tiresome to keep reading your diss comments about other franchises when yours is crap.

He simply doesn't get that

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:03 PM

Respect for the doom avatar. But it's not as if I've been a fan of the Pistons for 3 seasons only. We were one of the best teams of the last decade, I'm not really interested in hearing crap from fans of teams that have never experienced winning basketball.

We had a great off-season, we will probably be a 40 win team next year. I don't believe we're comparable to the Knicks, but as a fan of the league, it's 100% ok for me to disagree with their moves. Also, JR Smith played 33 MPG last year, regardless of where he was on the bench he was their number 2 option.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:04 PM
How do I simply not get it? Why don't you read the comments.

I'll quit the trash talk about other teams in the league while mine regains it's identity. This guy has been in every single pistons related topic talking mad crap though. Sick of it.

NYKnickFanatic
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM

You said this.

He responded with that.

Why are you getting upset when you basically started it?

NYKnickFanatic
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Also, although this is false news, why does anyone even care?

According to most, Iman Shumpert sucks, so why would this be news?

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
that's my fault, I should have gone into further detail.

I can't blame him and only him. He plays with 2 heavy usage perimeter players, and his opportunities for the next few seasons are going to be few and far between.

justinnum1
07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
in your dreams.

Not really, we don't need him.

NYKnickFanatic
07-25-2013, 02:13 PM
that's my fault, I should have gone into further detail.

I can't blame him and only him. He plays with 2 heavy usage perimeter players, and his opportunities for the next few seasons are going to be few and far between.

This may be true, but you never. I expect Shumpert to have a bigger role next year, but that's just me.

And plus, Iman has already denied these rumors, so people are arguing for no reason. This thread should be closed.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM
sorry for not being upfront with my original point.

colinskik
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Oh so you're a yuppie.

If you're from NY you'd say, "I live ON 40th and 2nd." Just a little tip to help you blend in, although I'm sure it won't help.

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Uh? I live in Midtown manhattan, dude. You very clearly don't know the city you live in that well.

I'm sure you do, which is why you said you wouldn't want to play "there" in your original post.

colinskik
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Not only is this old news but SLAM is a piece of trash anyway. Not worth the time it takes to read it.

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Not really, we don't need him.

You'd love him on your team, don't try and tell anyone otherwise.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM
uh...

Who the hell would lie about living in a city they don't live in? Jesus christ, get a life and move on.

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM

So does anyone blame Shumpert for wanting out? I don't understand their fascination with putting together old rosters when they very clearly are not in the same league as the top competitors. I feel like NY is always on the brink of being an elite team but never can get over the hump.

this roster is old? that's news to me.

sunsfan88
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM

Lol, you criticized his team and then when he criticized yours, you are mad?

Had you not posted anything like "I wouldn't want to play for the Knicks either" then he wouldn't have said anything about the Pistons.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If you are gonna talk crap about another team, you better expect for people to talk crap about yours.

KnickaBocka.44
uh...

Who the hell would lie about living in a city they don't live in? Jesus christ, get a life and move on.

I don't know, I'm just pointing out some stuff I noticed.

MonroeFAN
Re : old roster... it's certainly not young.

And yeah, I suppose that's a valid point, but nothing more than a mistake on my part. Rest assured, I live in the city, and on 40th and 2nd, and I've lived there for the last 4 years.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Lol, you criticized his team and then when he criticized yours, you are mad?

Had you not posted anything like "I wouldn't want to play for the Knicks either" then he wouldn't have said anything about the Pistons.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If you are gonna talk crap about another team, you better expect for people to talk crap about yours.

oh sweet, another person who didn't read the topic.

RangersMets
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
So a thread was started based on false news and is now only staying open so a couple buffoons can call each other names? Sounds useful.

colinskik
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM

And yeah, I suppose that's a valid point, but nothing more than a mistake on my part. Rest assured, I live in the city, and on 40th and 2nd, and I've lived there for the last 4 years.

That's more like it. Still, if you live in that area you're a transplant.

justinnum1
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
You'd love him on your team, don't try and tell anyone otherwise.

LMAO. He is mediocre at best. Nothing special, love knicks fans overhyping their players.

HouRealCoach
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
This thread is still open? Where are the mods?

Becks2307
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM

This post is so flawed.

1) What fascination? we had an old roster one year. How does one year constitute a "fascination"
2) "Always" on the brink? What? we havent been this good for 14 years? How are we always on the brink?

D-Leethal
07-25-2013, 02:45 PM

He doesnt want out. Shump has been the heart and soul of this lockeroom, started the whole Knickstape thing, and is great friends with JR, Melo, STAT and has already been going back and forth with Metta on twitter about his raps.

And we got significantly younger this season and are leaving 2-3 spots open for training camp invites to make the team.

You have no idea about any of the garbage your spewing do you?

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM

News for you, young teams don't usually fair too well in the NBA. They only have 2 guys over 35 on their roster.

NYKnicks4511
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
LMAO. He is mediocre at best. Nothing special, love knicks fans overhyping their players.

Lol, he made Wade his pet whenever he played the Heat his rookie year. I agree that he's not a franchise-changing player, but he's still a potential 15-5-5 guy with elite defense in a couple of years. Plus, his flat top is icier than Cole's :D

KnickaBocka.44
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM

Mediocre at best lol. that's just rich.

NYKnickFanatic
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
This thread is still open? Where are the mods?

It's a Knicks thread, you know better than that. Lol

Bostonjorge
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Knicks in trouble now

AI
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
If this was already shot down, why is this thread still open?

NYJ - NYY
07-25-2013, 03:27 PM
monroefan you are a clown my man... enjoy murray hill...and next time you wanna speak against the knicks realize you will get ripped right back...take it like a man or bendover like a *****... your choice

TrueFan420
07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
In before he's traded and goes from great promising young player to trash

Trueblue2
07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Over. You need to think about what you say about other places when you live in a glorified garbage dump.

I don't see what's so glorified about Detroit

astonmartin10
07-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Why would a young guy like Iman who is a millionaire want to leave NYC? Doesn't make sense

AI
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
So a Lebron steroid thread gets closed in a matter of minutes. A false Knicks report which has been shot down by the player himself is allowed to stay open for people to troll? **** off.

Lakers Ghost
07-25-2013, 08:02 PM
nothing special here:cool:

Captain Moroni
07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Actually the place no one wants to go is Lakerland.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Iman has already called this report bogus. Next.

nycericanguy
07-25-2013, 08:39 PM

Maybe because Shump never actually said any of that? Sounds like made up BS, none of the Knick beat writers picked up this story.

Knick_Fever
07-25-2013, 08:59 PM

One of the top perimeter defenders in the league mediocre?? :laugh:

Kashmir13579
07-25-2013, 09:00 PM
There is no truth to this.

Its also about a week old.

Kashmir13579
07-25-2013, 09:02 PM
So a Lebron steroid thread gets closed in a matter of minutes. A false Knicks report which has been shot down by the player himself is allowed to stay open for people to troll? **** off.

NBA Forum: Where trolling happens

blastmasta26
07-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Can we please DEAD these dumb *** rumors! I love my team as well as the new additions. I wanna win! #thatisall
-Iman Shumpert

@I_Am_Iman

Bogus article just trying to stir up trouble lol

/thread

Bostonjorge
07-25-2013, 09:32 PM
So shumpert don't think Knicks are a contender?

meloman1592
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Lol monroefan

meloman1592
07-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Regardless of how many times its repeated that this is false information, trolls continue to act like its true. This is why psd is becoming a load of ****. Because u hate the Knicks and their fans, it validates you saying dumb ****? Grow up

bigbeardaboss
07-26-2013, 08:12 AM
And of Iman was rumored to think the knick were a championship team the thread would be moved to the Knicks forum. I would say the mods suck but they might go David Stern on me and ban me for life. Awww ****** it! The mods suck! Lol