PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: "I'm the best in the NBA"

Pages : [1] 2

davids22
07-24-2013, 09:31 PM
CHICAGO -- It has taken Derrick Rose more than a year to recover from the physical effects of a torn ACL in his knee, but his mentality appears to be in midseason form.

When asked by CNN's Pedro Pinto in an interview who the best player in the NBA is right now, the former MVP did not hesitate with his answer.

"Derrick Rose," the 24-year-old answered confidently.

The fact that Rose answered that way won't surprise those close to him. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau and general manager Gar Forman both said recently that the star point guard is feeling great and is ready to start the season.

"There will be an adjustment period, but I'm not anticipating there being any problems," Thibodeau told ESPNChicago.com last week during the Las Vegas Summer League of getting Rose back into the swing of things during the preseason. "His overall strength is terrific. He's put a lot of work into his body. I know he's anxious to get out there and play. He's played some pickup but not a lot, but he feels great, and that's the most important thing."

Thibodeau also noted that Rose likely would play the regular starters' minutes during the preseason.

"We'll see once we get to training camp, and we're going to have an opportunity to get some work done in the fall, but we have to keep in mind he's been out an extended amount of time," Thibodeau said. "So the preseason -- and we look at training camp as the entire month, not just a week -- we'll move him along accordingly. We'll see what he can handle. I think there's going to be some rust initially, but I fully expect him to get back to [being] the player we all know that he is."

There's obviously no doubt in Rose's mind that he can return to being that player. Rose did acknowledge in the CNN interview that the toughest person to guard in the league is four-time MVP and two-time NBA champion LeBron James.

"I would have to say LeBron," Rose said. "A 6-foot-8 guy that's 250 [pounds]. What do you think?"

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9507030/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-says-best-player-nba

LayBraun
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
See I have nothing wrong with a player saying they are the best... but that's usually when there isn't a number 1 overall consensus and that's lebron James... I would
have acknowledged my competition.. Admitted he is the best currently but stated that I'm gunning for him. This just makes him sound delusional..

You're coming off a year on the bench after a certain someone has went back to back with 2 finals MVPs and regular season MVPs?? LOL this just made me laugh

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-24-2013, 09:42 PM
This thread wont end well..

Bulls_fan90
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Truth.

More-Than-Most
07-24-2013, 09:44 PM
No... No he isnt. Its not even an opinion but fact... He is not close to James or Durant even when healthy... Now he sits out for 28 years after an injury and thinks he is the best? Silly.

carlthack
07-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't disagree with Rose at all. He is the best. Nobody keeps the bench as warm and toasty as Derrick Rose. We're talking about the best bench warmer right?

Slug3
07-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Hope he comes back looking the way he did before so we can have Lebron show him again who the best is.

therealwd27
07-24-2013, 09:47 PM
I guess its good to have confidence, but hes kind of trending a line between confident and delusional. .Bron is coming off a 2 year stretch only comparable to MJ..4 MVPS last 5 years, 2 back to back Finals MVPS, a case could even be made he deserved the MVP 2011 but we wont go there..LBJ PER has been historic. W/E we will see what happens and who is smiling in June

davids22
I don't disagree with Rose at all. He is the best. Nobody keeps the bench as warm and toasty as Derrick Rose. We're talking about the best bench warmer right?

:laugh::up::laugh:

Bulls_fan90

I bet that sounded funny in your head right?

Khri
07-24-2013, 09:50 PM
If so why did he get shut down by Lebron James in the Eastern Conference finals? Guy is delusional.

Rndy
07-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I always laugh when people make these threads about a player they dislike calling themselves the best. These guys are professional athletes of course they think they are. For people on a sports forum you think there would be some common sense here but next month there will be another one of these threads bashing a player for calling himself the best.

Federal Reserve
07-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Rose isn't even a top 10 player anymore. It's funny how the Bulls were a better team without Rose.

zn23
07-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Too wild, relies on his athleticism to make plays, doesn't let the game come to him.

LeBron is athletic, but he's intelligent, he's patient and not frantic like Rose.

lukass
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
DRose can be the MVP again if he comes back 101% because you know LBJ and Durant will be 100%

Knick_Fever
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
He's a former MVP, what else is he supposed to say?

LayBraun
07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
DRose can be the MVP again if he comes back 101% because you know LBJ and Durant will be 100%

WTF kind of logic is this?

bleedprple&gold
Yea Derrick you were awesome last year, clearly the best...:rolleyes:

Khri
"I believe I am am one of the best player in the NBA", but the best?

What has he actually done to consider himself the best?

LayBraun
07-24-2013, 09:58 PM

How about something like

"I've been out of the game for an entire season. I believe I'm one of the best players in the league but I still have to come back and prove that."

End of conversation.

Htownballa1622
07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Did he get his head checked when he was cleared?

Like the confidence but he knows what's up.

lukass
07-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Rose isn't even a top 10 player anymore. It's funny how the Bulls were a better team without Rose.

LOL!!! if Rose is the Rose before the injury then he has just as much of chance of being MVP as LBJ depending on who has a better record. Not in the top 10 is laughable, do you have short term memory loss or something?

lukass
07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
WTF kind of logic is this?

Im saying he'll have to be better than the MVP DRose to beat out LBJ and Durant now.. use your brain dumba**

ManRam
07-24-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't really care when anyone near the top 5 says **** like this. Obviously he isn't, and obviously there's only been one correct answer for at least the past 3 seasons (most likely longer), but whatever.

He knows he isn't. But he can say it.

UPRock
07-24-2013, 10:11 PM

LMFAO good one.

beasted86
07-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Rose should GTFOH with this false bravado months after it matters.

Seriously when you sit on the bench while the real best in the NBA bullies your team, you don't get to talk about being the best in the NBA.

D1JM
07-24-2013, 10:19 PM
what else do you expect him to say? he is confident in his game and that's all that matters

bucketss
07-24-2013, 10:20 PM
i wonder if lebron,kobe,durant would sit out for important playoff games, after being cleared for over 7 months?

gwrighter
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Rose is unlisted until he's able to step on the court in an actual NBA game.

More-Than-Most
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
what else do you expect him to say? he is confident in his game and that's all that matters

He does not deserve to say this. Come out and play. Ignore the comment or side step it and say we will see when I get back. He sat his *** on the bench in the playoffs while his teammates were playing injured and milk his injury to no end. He is not close to the best player period and could have said so many other things...

Hell Noah--------------->Rose right now

gwrighter
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
i wonder if lebron,kobe,durant would sit out for important playoff games, after being cleared for over 7 months?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Kobe comes back before Rose.

cmellofan15
07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
He may not be the best but he's closer than 99% of the NBA so who cares?

D1JM
07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
He does not deserve to say this. Come out and play. Ignore the comment or side step it and say we will see when I get back. He sat his *** on the bench in the playoffs while his teammates were playing injured and milk his injury to no end. He is not close to the best player period and could have said so many other things...

Hell Noah--------------->Rose right now

he deserves to say whatever the **** he wants to say. if you dont want to hear him talk than move on. it's that simple

NJrockPD
07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Rose doesn't need to team up with a bunch of All-Stars to win. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are chumps.

SwatTeam
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm the best poster on PSD.

Bulls_fan90
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
As long as your offended then my job is done, Mr. Bulls fan.

So you're admitting to trolling? Lulz reported

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM

I just want to know how this isnt baiting.. cmon mods

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-24-2013, 10:42 PM
"I believe I am am one of the best player in the NBA", but the best?

What has he actually done to consider himself the best?

He was asked who he thought was the best player in the league, he didnt just proclaim it out of nowhere

NJrockPD
07-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Lebron is the little kid that no one likes to play with because he cries and cheats to win. I still think Lebron has been hanging out with Braun and A-Rod down at that south beach PED clinic. That's just me though. Maybe if Rose did that he would have been back sooner?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
QUOTE=bucketss;26753428]i wonder if lebron,kobe,durant would sit out for important playoff games, after being cleared for over 7 months?[/QUOTE]

LOL, that isnt stretching the truth or anything is it? trolololol

sportsfan222
07-24-2013, 10:46 PM

wow,lol.

1st of all, if rose is not top 10 in your opinion, please name 10 players who are currently better than derrick rose?

secondly, the fact that you think the bulls are a better team without rose just takes away all your credibility. ya, back to back best records in the nba with him, then 5th seed and 45 wins in a horrible easten conference without him, ya no difference. you do realize also the bulls got clobbered by bottom tier teams this season without rose, which would never happen as frequently as it did if they had him.

derrick rose when hes 100 percent is top 3 in the nba. lebron is the consensus 1 and rightfully so, no one will argue that, but after that its durant and rose, and u can make an argument for flip flopping the 2. they r totally different players, but at worst rose is 3.

More-Than-Most
07-24-2013, 10:46 PM
he deserves to say whatever the **** he wants to say. if you dont want to hear him talk than move on. it's that simple

:laugh:

No he doesnt not when his teammates are more about the team and more warrior then he is. He is not even the best player on his team anymore until he proves he can still play. By the way your post is so full of anger its amazing :love:

Badluck33
07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
If Derrick Rose doesn't have this mentality especially with him coming off the injury and being off for a year + then he should probably change jobs and flip burgers for a living.

Pakman
07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Rose is the best. Sorry bron bron

steveweve
07-24-2013, 10:51 PM
What is he supposed to say? He's coming off of a major injury, he is an MVP candidate. He should think he's the best, and its good he believes that. He needs the confidence.

SwatTeam
07-24-2013, 10:51 PM
I'd take Paul George over Derrick Rose right now. Keywords: right now.

bucketss
07-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Lebron is the little kid that no one likes to play with because he cries and cheats to win. I still think Lebron has been hanging out with Braun and A-Rod down at that south beach PED clinic. That's just me though. Maybe if Rose did that he would have been back sooner?

two rings, two mvps, two finals mvps,olympic gold, alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll before the RETURN :cool:

SwatTeam
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd also take Kosta Koufos over D.Rose right now because his name reminds of a falafel and I'm pretty hungry right now. Keywords: right now.

SwatTeam
07-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Also according Andre 3000, Rose's really do smell like poo-oo-ooo

D1JM
07-24-2013, 10:58 PM
:laugh:

No he doesnt not when his teammates are more about the team and more warrior then he is. He is not even the best player on his team anymore until he proves he can still play. By the way your post is so full of anger is amazing :love:

anger? lol. i am just stating the obvious and i have a big mouth. the same way you have a mouth to give your opinion, he has his. if you disagree, it's fine. however, just because you get the green light from the doctors doesn't mean your good to go. Asik got the green light to play and he had a broken leg(wtf). Deng struggled with constant injuries three seasons ago because he was getting the green light too early and he kept injury himself over and over again. those are just two examples and ironically, the bulls doctor got some type award :laugh2: of course, most of you dont know all of this.

John Walls Era
07-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Considering hes at 200% right now, he might be right.

ArmLaker
07-24-2013, 11:02 PM
I love Derrick Rose and hope he comes back better than before. He may sound delusional but it'll help build his confidence back up.

With that being said, he's a fringe top 5 player in this league by default, it's just a matter of time till he returns and proves he's definitely amongst the elite.

Krizzle88
07-24-2013, 11:10 PM
2nd best player in the league behind lebron sorry Durant

justinnum1
07-24-2013, 11:12 PM
ooook

Jarvo
07-24-2013, 11:31 PM

:laugh: I don't smoke but if I did I would want what you have so I can be that high.

cssdmark
07-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Best at over extending his stay on the unable to play list due to injury. He does not hsve the best handle, he does not have the best jumpshot, he does not play the best defense and he does not have the best moves to the basket. Again he is the best of what?

Bookey
07-24-2013, 11:44 PM
I love the confidence from my boy

NJrockPD
07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Zero rings before the decision. If Lebron had a time machine . . .

Lebron James: "Hey Michael (Jordan) you, me, and Hakeem (Olajuwon) should get together and win a ton of championships."

Jordan: "No"

James: "Seriously we could win like 15 in a row easily!"

Jordan: "Nah"

James: "Come on. Please! MJ, I traveled by time machine to get back to 1990 so I could take the easy route into the record books."

Jordan :"If you want to get to the finals you better join a team in the West, but don't expect to get any further."

4milesperday
07-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Recalling how Beasley said he'll be league MVP in his rookie season and every Heat fan cheered on his confidence, Rose don't need the attention.

bucketss
07-25-2013, 12:10 AM

Lebron James: "Hey Michael (Jordan) you, me, and Hakeem (Olajuwon) should get together and win a ton of championships."

James: "Come on. Please! MJ, I traveled by time machine to get back to 1990 so I could take the easy route into the record books."

Jordan :"If you want to get to the finals you better join a team in the West, but don't expect to get any further."

so what you're saying is.. lebron will build a time machine before derrick roses return?

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 12:18 AM
LOL!!! if Rose is the Rose before the injury then he has just as much of chance of being MVP as LBJ depending on who has a better record. Not in the top 10 is laughable, do you have short term memory loss or something?

Rose before the injury was nowhere close to LeBron and Durant this year.. Try again.

Laker Legend42
07-25-2013, 12:26 AM
I like this dude but he hasn't played in good Long while. One more thing. A lion doesn't have to tell you he's a lion. Hey D Rose!!!! Let your play tell the people how good you are.

Cubby
07-25-2013, 12:29 AM
If so why did he get shut down by Lebron James in the Eastern Conference finals? Guy is delusional.

But he didn't. LeBron didn't guard him until game 4 and only was assigned to him a total of ten minutes.

carlthack
07-25-2013, 12:32 AM
So you're admitting to trolling? Lulz reported

The only thing I admit to is making a joke that everybody seemed to like except you. By reading your handle name we can see why.

5ass
07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
No he's not, but thats a good attitude to have.

5ass
07-25-2013, 12:46 AM

If I had a time machine I would go back in time and stop myself from reading this lame post.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-25-2013, 01:11 AM
I always laugh when people make these threads about a player they dislike calling themselves the best. These guys are professional athletes of course they think they are. For people on a sports forum you think there would be some common sense here but next month there will be another one of these threads bashing a player for calling himself the best.

This. Dude was asked a question. While everyone knows lebrons the best, there's no reason to to bash a player for having confidence himself.
He's not a scrub or wannabe all-star/superstar. Dude has already won the MVP before. Kudos to him.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2013, 01:14 AM
player exuding confidence....no story here

b@llhog24
07-25-2013, 01:16 AM
so what you're saying is.. lebron will build a time machine before derrick roses return?

If I had a time machine I would go back in time and stop myself from reading this lame post.

Lmao.

IKnowHoops
07-25-2013, 01:17 AM
I think that the response to this should be more of a chuckle than a frown. He obviously isn't the best. But I do believe he should strive to be the best, and believe in his heart that when healthy he is the best. So if he believes he is 100% healthy, then he should say he is the best. He knows no one else thinks he is better than Lebron save a few bulls fans. But I'd bet that Clyde, Magic, Dominique and a few others thought Jordan was overrated and they thought they were better than him while they played. Hindsight being 20/20 some of them may not feel that way now, some still may, but while they were trying to win rings, they thought they were the best in the league. So back to Rose.

He's not the best, nobody thinks he's the best, but for him to even have a chance at being the best, he has to believe he is the best at the very least when he is 100%. This is why I don't have a problem. I think Delusional may be fitting now, but it wouldn't of been delusional for him to think that during his own MVP season, and if he thinks he will obtain that level, then again, he should and will say he is the best.

No way in heck he sniffs being the best next year though. Never has or will be better than the worst version of Lebron the NBA has seen. And the current version of Lebron is worth 2 MVP Derrick Rose's. Maybe 3.

LayBraun
07-25-2013, 01:22 AM
if i had a time machine i would go back in time and stop myself from reading this lame post.

lol exactly what i was thinking

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-25-2013, 02:09 AM
Rose before the injury was nowhere close to LeBron and Durant this year.. Try again.

If someone says something anti-Lebron its trolling, but when you let your hate and bias get in the way of reality, its alright? Gotcha.. Rose was a top 5 player in the league pre injury and even your homeboy Lebron would tell you that

Cubby
07-25-2013, 02:16 AM
No he's not, but thats a good attitude to have.

That was the whole point. Thank you for being one of the few who realizes that.

Kobe still thinks he's the best. Doesn't mean he is.

pd1dish
07-25-2013, 02:20 AM

....explain??? back-to-back #1 overall seed with Rose versus fifth seed without him. i dont quite understand.

and, guys, lets be honest here...what is Rose supposed to say when asked that question? he is talking to a reporter for ESPNCHICAGO for christs sake. hes saying what the reporters and Chicago fans want to hear. this is being blown out of proportion and turning into a reason to hate on Rose.

like a few others have posted, its all about have that attitude. do you think any of the most successful people in our world today got where they are thinking they were second best to anyone? even if in fact they were...get over your personal hate and stop picking people apart.

this goes to all the people who cant shutup about Lebron either. accept it, hes the best player in the league.

stawka
07-25-2013, 02:21 AM
LOL I never liked this guy, and I never will. Best cheerleader? Yes. Best player in the NBA? Get behind LeBron and Durant

FYI, I don't like KD but I like his attitude A LOT more than Rose's, when KD basically said "I'm sick of being second"

So KD KNOWS he isn't the best, but he's striving to be the best. Rose isn't close to being the best, but he believes he is and tells the world that too?

lol cool jokes

Cubby
07-25-2013, 02:25 AM
I like how Kobe would say this and he's labeled as having a winning attitude for doing so, but Rose says it and it's the worst thing ever.

Obviously he isn't the best, but he's in the correct mindset where he feels like nobody can stop him. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 02:43 AM
If someone says something anti-Lebron its trolling, but when you let your hate and bias get in the way of reality, its alright? Gotcha.. Rose was a top 5 player in the league pre injury and even your homeboy Lebron would tell you that

And what does this have anything to do with what I said? LeBron and Durant are lightyears better than Rose ever was. Just because he was top 5 doesn't mean he still is. You're putting Rose in top 5 by default when he hasn't played for a year? That makes no sense. Rose can come back all he wants, being top 5 means nothing when LeBron and Durant are virtually much better than everyone else.

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 02:48 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/derrick_rose/career_stats.html

Nothing about this guy is spectacular. His best season wasn't even close to what Durant and James have been posting up. He led his Chicago team to the best record, great. Look at the team he had. An amazing hustler/defender in Noah, Boozer, Deng, Gibson. Rose has one great season out of 4. Those other seasons were good, not great. James, Durant, CP3, Wade, and much more have been great for 90% of their career. You guys overrate Rose so much. Nice guy? Hell yeah. He's quiet and doesn't say much, unlike everyone else. Very humble but that doesn't speak for his talent. He's not even close to LeBron or Durant so let's stop acting like he's MJ or something. IMO, his peak season wouldn't even be a top 5 this year.

D1JM
07-25-2013, 03:12 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/derrick_rose/career_stats.html

Nothing about this guy is spectacular. His best season wasn't even close to what Durant and James have been posting up. He led his Chicago team to the best record, great. Look at the team he had. An amazing hustler/defender in Noah, Boozer, Deng, Gibson. Rose has one great season out of 4. Those other seasons were good, not great. James, Durant, CP3, Wade, and much more have been great for 90% of their career. You guys overrate Rose so much. Nice guy? Hell yeah. He's quiet and doesn't say much, unlike everyone else. Very humble but that doesn't speak for his talent. He's not even close to LeBron or Durant so let's stop acting like he's MJ or something. IMO, his peak season wouldn't even be a top 5 this year.

hahaha but you give the bulls a top 5 player and you wonder what he'll win with him. let's be honest, lebron had to join other top players in order to win something. he doesn't have the winner pedigree that jordan had. it hurts lebron lovers but that's the ****en bottom line.

tredigs
07-25-2013, 03:16 AM
This kid's better than many of you will ever be at anything, so it's silly to make fun of him. He'll be back. We'll see from there --

CityofChaos
07-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Why does it seem like he always neglects the fact that prior to his injuries he had some of the BEST hardworking role players around him whom, just as equally or more, made the bulls so good?

RLundi
07-25-2013, 04:00 AM
He isn't, but I don't mind him saying it.

What's he supposed to say, "Me, best player? Good heavens, no! LeBron, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Kobe, and maybe Melo are all significantly more skilled than I am, but you know, I'm definitely like the 5th or 6th best player, depending on who's rating me"?

He just needs to go out there and prove it. I mean, he absolutely won't, but at least he has confidence in himself.

HowFit
07-25-2013, 04:41 AM
How about something like

"I've been out of the game for an entire season. I believe I'm one of the best players in the league but I still have to come back and prove that."

End of conversation.

Which would be much more classy...

KNAN
07-25-2013, 05:32 AM
"If you believe strongly in something, don't be afraid to fight for it."

sunsfan88
07-25-2013, 05:38 AM
I think of yall are making too big a deal out of this. I hate that Rose missed all of last season too like a little b***ch but there's nothing wrong with what he said here.

He is the only player other than the King himself to have won a MVP in the past 2 years.

When healthy, he is arguably the 3rd best player in the NBA after LBJ & Durant so him saying he's the best is just him being a professional athlete and believing in himself and his recovery from the ACL.

KNAN
07-25-2013, 05:40 AM
"We’re taught to believe that some people are simply born lucky, when in reality, that’s just a convenient excuse to lean back and take it easy, rather than try to apply some control over our destiny. After all, if you aren't one of the “chosen" ones, what can you possibly do about it? Quite a lot, actually. The fact is, more and more psychologists are finding out that it isn't the hand you’re dealt that’s important in life but how you play your cards. Let me put it in another way: We’re all capable of making our own luck. What appears to be luck is really the result of perceptions, personality traits, choices and actions. All of that is within your control. People who consider themselves lucky actually tend to be - it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. That’s because positive thinkers are always keeping their eyes peeled for fortunate situations and they’re more likely to grab on them when they arise. So instead of telling yourself: “There’s not a chance in hell that’s going to happen". Tell yourself: “That looks kind of cool, maybe I should check it out." Amanda Oosthuizen

amos1er
07-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Haha, typical youngster. Most guys at that age are extremely arrogant and cocky. At least it shows some heart. Of course anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that he was never even top five at any given point.

KNAN
07-25-2013, 06:05 AM
He can/might be, nothings written in stone.

smiddy012
07-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Funny how Rose sits out injured for a season and suddenly he has so many haters....

What happened last time Rose made a "prediction" like this? This is just him taking it to the next level. I hope his game will back up his talk, but even as a Bulls fan, it's hard for me to imagine his game surpassing Lebrons. I like his confidence though, he's putting a lot of pressure of himself to back it up.

LBJ6
07-25-2013, 06:31 AM

So what does this mean? is this suppose to be a joke, am I suppose to laugh?:confused:

MTar786
07-25-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm not the one who said rose isn't top ten. But I do believe an argument can be made for all of these guys.
LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Paul
Wade
Melo
Dwight
Harden
Parker
Westbrook

Personally I would take rose as 7th or 8th best but I could see how others may take him at 11 or 12. Also, I felt he did not deserve the mvp in 11 and it proved so by how the bulls have played without him. He's a great player though and will get better too.

jericho
07-25-2013, 07:38 AM
I bet that sounded funny in your head right?

It was funny when i read it 2 lol.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I wish members on this site displayed a little bit more intelligence and insight. Some of the things being Said here says a lot more about your own thinking then Rose. Rose has to say that. He's trying to become an Icon. And as a superstar and former MVP I have no problem with it. Rose also has a brand, just like Lebron has a brand. You will never hear a Lexus salesman say Mercedes is better. Even if the competition is better and u know it, never lower yourself. You should always think u are as good as the next person if u are a competitor. Rose is trying to beat Lebron, not praise him.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm not the one who said rose isn't top ten. But I do believe an argument can be made for all of these guys.
LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Paul
Wade
Melo
Dwight
Harden
Parker
Westbrook

Personally I would take rose as 7th or 8th best but I could see how others may take him at 11 or 12. Also, I felt he did not deserve the mvp in 11 and it proved so by how the bulls have played without him. He's a great player though and will get better too.

a 100 percent rose is better than kobe, paul, wade, melo, harden, parker for sure. kobe is old, wades knees are shot, melo, come on man, dwight when at top form, although different types of players is very dominant, harden great season last year, but not in roses class, parker is good but he is no rose, and westbrook is the guy who comes closes to the explosiveness that rose possesses but hes not as good on defense or as good as a passer.

and to ur point how he did not deserve the mvp and it proved so by how the bulls played without him, ya, they went from best record in the nba in back to back seasons, to 5th seed in a horrible eastern conference, 45 wins, and getting blown out by a bunch of bottom tier teams in the regular season.

HighCHWRoller07
07-25-2013, 09:58 AM

You sir, are an idiot.

LeperMessiah
07-25-2013, 10:01 AM
A lot of players would have to break limbs for this statement to be valid.
But I really love the lack of WTF on a player that hasn't really done much.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Drose is arguably the worst MVP of all time. There is never a point in time in which I thought he was the best player in the league, or even in the top 5.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I wish members on this site displayed a little bit more intelligence and insight. Some of the things being Said here says a lot more about your own thinking then Rose. Rose has to say that. He's trying to become an Icon. And as a superstar and former MVP I have no problem with it. Rose also has a brand, just like Lebron has a brand. You will never hear a Lexus salesman say Mercedes is better. Even if the competition is better and u know it, never lower yourself. You should always think u are as good as the next person if u are a competitor. Rose is trying to beat Lebron, not praise him.

what Brand does Rose have? we all know what brand MJ has but Rose doesnt have his own brand he is part of the Adidas brand

Slug3
07-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Drose is arguably the worst MVP of all time. There is never a point in time in which I thought he was the best player in the league, or even in the top 5.

Agree, I remember people were saying that either the voters were tired of voting for Lebron, or they didnt like how he left Cle. So they all voted for Rose. Most people would agree Rose is an overrated MVP except for the Bulls fans who think they are back at being number 1 again in the NBA.

Minimal
07-25-2013, 10:25 AM
I thought Rose was a humble guy, I guess I was wrong. The guy wasn't even a top 5 player in the league, yet he says he is the best after missing the whole season...

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
what Brand does Rose have? we all know what brand MJ has but Rose doesnt have his own brand he is part of the Adidas brand

One day u will figure it out.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Seriously though, what do you expect him to say?

In a sport like basketball where the competition has such a direct nature and influence within the game, I would want a guy like Rose to carry himself as if he was the best player.

Rose isn't arrogant. He is confident and he needs to be in order to reach his best level.

Of course he isn't better than Lebron. Nowhere close in reality. But I still see nothing wrong with him saying he is the best when asked by a reporter.

sammyvine
07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
I guess its good to have confidence, but hes kind of trending a line between confident and delusional. .Bron is coming off a 2 year stretch only comparable to MJ..4 MVPS last 5 years, 2 back to back Finals MVPS, a case could even be made he deserved the MVP 2011 but we wont go there..LBJ PER has been historic. W/E we will see what happens and who is smiling in June
It's just to tongue and cheek
It really isn't that emotional

LeperMessiah
07-25-2013, 10:43 AM

In a sport like basketball where the competition has such a direct nature and influence within the game, I would want a guy like Rose to carry himself as if he was the best player.

Rose isn't arrogant. He is confident and he needs to be in order to reach his best level.

Of course he isn't better than Lebron. Nowhere close in reality. But I still see nothing wrong with him saying he is the best when asked by a reporter.

Ofcourse but the double standards among fans is something. Certain elite players who say it have ego some players who say it have confidence.

BooCain
07-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Rose is clearly the best lebron wouldnt hav no rings if he hadnt joined an allstar team. Imagine if Rose played with a wing player like Wade r Westbrook how Much easier it would be for him to score. none of the other guys ever came close to an mvp award cp3 is overrated durant is great but dnt hav enuf dog in him westbrook not close and wade is still good but no mvp melo is good but no mvp cp3 will never win he's just a whinny baby.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
I totally get where Rose is coming from.

It doesn't matter that Lebron is clearly better than him.

You gotta have that confidence.

So, when someone asks you the question, you answer it...with the same type of confidence.

Then, you go out and play with that type of confidence.

You don't half *** this ****.

The top players who publicly admit that Lebron is better than them...are already defeated.

If I was a coach, I would love Rose's confidence. Hell, I would demand it. That is the type of player you go to war with.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Former MVP. Team was one of the best in the league when healthy. No problem with that statement.

Cubby
07-25-2013, 10:49 AM

Agree, I remember people were saying that either the voters were tired of voting for Lebron, or they didnt like how he left Cle. So they all voted for Rose. Most people would agree Rose is an overrated MVP except for the Bulls fans who think they are back at being number 1 again in the NBA.

It's called the MVP, Most Vauable Player, for a reason. Not BP for Best Player. Derrick definitely was the most valuable player. He was the best player on the team with the best record that went from an 8 seed to a 1 seed.

Cubby
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I thought Rose was a humble guy, I guess I was wrong. The guy wasn't even a top 5 player in the league, yet he says he is the best after missing the whole season...

Bias.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Ofcourse but the double standards among fans is something. Certain elite players who say it have ego some players who say it have confidence.

Depends on how and why you said it.

Rose was asked a question and gave a quick answer.

He didn't come out pounding his chest.

Anyway, if Kobe was asked this question, he would say himself as well. He also clearly isn't on Lebron's level.

Some people are just driven by confidence competition. Rose is one of those types. So, what the hell else do you expect him to say?

I think it would be odd if he said anything else.

He definitely could have sidestepped it or just said, "I believe the Bulls are the best team, and that is all that matters to me."

That probably would have been a better answer.

Then again, that would be a lie as well.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Rose is clearly the best lebron wouldnt hav no rings if he hadnt joined an allstar team. Imagine if Rose played with a wing player like Wade r Westbrook how Much easier it would be for him to score. none of the other guys ever came close to an mvp award cp3 is overrated durant is great but dnt hav enuf dog in him westbrook not close and wade is still good but no mvp melo is good but no mvp cp3 will never win he's just a whinny baby.

Should I bother responding?

Why not...

Rose has a team built perfectly to exaggerate his impact on the floor. The Bulls have no other superstars, but a good amount of depther particularly on the defensive end, with a great defensive minded coach.

This is a good, winning basketball team with a lot of good, winnings, strong defensive players and enough good offensive players as well.

But Rose is the only superstar and gets to simply play his game. He is a great player, but not top 5. He never really was top 5 actually.

He just is in the perfect situation.

Thats just the flat out truth.

ichitownclowni
07-25-2013, 11:01 AM

I'm not defending Rose at all. He should have played. I love him but he should of. Your statement is as delusional as Rose's

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Should I bother responding?

Why not...

Rose has a team built perfectly to exaggerate his impact on the floor. The Bulls have no other superstars, but a good amount of depther particularly on the defensive end, with a great defensive minded coach.

This is a good, winning basketball team with a lot of good, winnings, strong defensive players and enough good offensive players as well.

But Rose is the only superstar and gets to simply play his game. He is a great player, but not top 5. He never really was top 5 actually.

He just is in the perfect situation.

Thats just the flat out truth.

Rose is a top 5 player all day long. Get a clue.

The Flash
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM

Yeah but not all year

RLundi
07-25-2013, 11:20 AM

The clue is all yours for the getting.

He is not top 5, especially after sitting out an entire year. No one automatically regains their status after such a lengthy absence; he could be a completely different player, who knows? Even if completely healthy and mirroring his MVP season, there are still at least a good 5 or 6 players who are better than him.

He isn't top 5. And he won't be.

Cash
07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
If you reallllly think Derrick Rose won an MVP(his last healthy season) without being a top 5 player in the league, just stop.

pd1dish
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Haha you are either a fool or a little kid but I guess it makes sense since that's the makeup of about 99% of this website...

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 11:43 AM
The clue is all yours for the getting.

He is not top 5, especially after sitting out an entire year. No one automatically regains their status after such a lengthy absence; he could be a completely different player, who knows? Even if completely healthy and mirroring his MVP season, there are still at least a good 5 or 6 players who are better than him.

He isn't top 5. And he won't be.

please name them, i want to here who they r in ur opinion.

tredigs
07-25-2013, 12:10 PM

Same people you'd have above Westbrook I'd imagine.

LeperMessiah
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Woaaaaaaa redflags all over the place, wtf lol

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Same people you'd have above Westbrook I'd imagine.
so rose is basically just as productive as westbrook, but hes not playing along side a top 3 player in the nba.

also, westbrook is really good, and very underrated. in todays nba, i am not sure how many players are better than him.

he can score at will, avgs 7. 5 assists a game, avgs nearly 2 steals a game, can get to the rim at will, hes a game changer, that is for sure.

LeperMessiah
07-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Depends on how and why you said it.

Rose was asked a question and gave a quick answer.

He didn't come out pounding his chest.

Anyway, if Kobe was asked this question, he would say himself as well. He also clearly isn't on Lebron's level.

Some people are just driven by confidence competition. Rose is one of those types. So, what the hell else do you expect him to say?

I think it would be odd if he said anything else.

He definitely could have sidestepped it or just said, "I believe the Bulls are the best team, and that is all that matters to me."

That probably would have been a better answer.

Then again, that would be a lie as well.

I could careless what they say, they will say what they want to say. If they feel they are the best in the NBA, they have the next 82 games to prove it. However,the varying reactions between different fans is kind of hypocritical.

Heatcheck
07-25-2013, 12:19 PM

James
Durant
Paul
Parker
Wade
Deron
Kobe
keep going?

I still dont know how 25 and 7 on 44% made him the most valuable player IN THE LEAGUE.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
James
Durant
Paul
Parker
Wade
Deron
Kobe
keep going?

I still dont know how 25 and 7 on 44% made him the most valuable player IN THE LEAGUE.

Nooooo!! Stop right there!!!! Character defamation is already done, please, say no more!!! Lmao

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
^dude, you sound really delusional right now.

Drose hasn't done ****.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
James
Durant
Paul
Parker
Wade
Deron
Kobe
keep going?

Based on his MVP season, I'd agree with LBJ, CP3, Durant and TP but not the rest. MAYBE Wade. I'd also add Harden and Melo to the list.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 12:36 PM
^dude, you sound really delusional right now.

Drose hasn't done ****.

And Deron, harden, Paul has???

tredigs
07-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Based on his MVP season, I'd agree with LBJ, CP3, Durant and TP but not the rest. MAYBE Wade. I'd also add Harden and Melo to the list.
Duncan's still has more impact than half this list. We'll see how Howard comes back this season after more rest for his back, but he's top 3-4 at his best. And if Curry sustains his 2nd half play from last year, he's there too.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Paul is 100% better than Derrick Rose in ever way imaginable. The rest I don't agree with, no. Deron and Harden are not better than Rose.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Hell, deron couldn't even beat a Rose-less team and he had HCA LMAOOOOOO, and yet u got him over Rose? Child please, go sit down somewhere.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
James
Durant
Paul
Parker
Wade
Deron
Kobe
keep going?

u really should have stopped after james and durant, because after that u sound foolish.

paul is not a better player than rose, if u want to make an argument he is a better ''pure pg'' than him, go ahead, and i dont believe so, but overall player, rose is much more dominant.

parker? what does parker do better than rose? rose schools parker every time they play. i really do not know many nba fans who would take parker over rose.

wade? ya, ok. wades knees are shot, he is far from the player he once was. can he still have great games, or go on streaks from time to time? sure, but the fact that u believe wade is a better player than rose now is a joke.

deron, not even worth commenting.

kobe? ya, ok, kobe would prob laugh at that statement. u do realize kobe is 38 years old, he is not 30 and in his prime, right?

we shall see this year, i think u will be eating crow as the season goes on with this list, but we can always come back and see if u were right.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Paul is 100% better than Derrick Rose in ever way imaginable. The rest I don't agree with, no. Deron and Harden are not better than Rose.

based on what exactly? do u just look at stats or u watch them both play? a 100 percent rose is a much more effective player than paul.

u think paul would lead that bulls team to the best record in the nba? prob would not be top 5 in nba.

D-Block21-Chito
07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
The First year Rose was with Boozer and Noah together the heat didn't win a title either. Both teams were molding together. Since then Rose has not played the heat in the playoffs. Plus Rose was 23 when they last played in playoffs. If Rose really is 100% healthy he could easily win MVP again.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Duncan's still has more impact than half this list. We'll see how Howard comes back this season after more rest for his back, but he's top 3-4 at his best. And if Curry sustains his 2nd half play from last year, he's there too.

True, Duncan is a top 5 impactful player and probably talent, but I'd personally like to see more production for my counting stats-loving mind. I wouldn't put him top 5.

Howard is in a similar boat as Rose. He has to prove it. If he's healthy and back to his Orlando days, he's squarely behind Durant in the third spot.

I'd like to see more longevity from Curry to have him anywhere near a top 5 list. He's fringe top 10 right now, based on last season. In fact, I'd probably put him just outside, off the top of my head without deep analysis.

tredigs
07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
u really should have stopped after james and durant, because after that u sound foolish.

paul is not a better player than rose, if u want to make an argument he is a better ''pure pg'' than him, go ahead, and i dont believe so, but overall player, rose is much more dominant.

parker? what does parker do better than rose? rose schools parker every time they play. i really do not know many nba fans who would take parker over rose.

wade? ya, ok. wades knees are shot, he is far from the player he once was. can he still have great games, or go on streaks from time to time? sure, but the fact that u believe wade is a better player than rose now is a joke.

kobe? ya, ok, kobe would prob laugh at that statement. u do realize kobe is 38 years old, he is not 30 and in his prime, right?

we shall see this year, i think u will be eating crow as the season goes on with this list, but we can always come back and see if u were right.
38? Kobe's 34, and knowing him he'd definitely laugh at the statement, but it would be because somebody is comparing him and Rose.

Anyway, mentioning shot knees is sort of an uphill battle with Rose. His impact was almost entirely dependent on his speed and cutting ability, so we'll see where he's at. I haven't seen video to show he's there yet, have you?

Rose shoots more and scores more than Cp3, he does nothing else at a higher level. It's not a conspiracy that nearly every objective advanced stat rates him pretty significantly higher than Rose.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 12:47 PM
based on what exactly? do u just look at stats or u watch them both play? a 100 percent rose is a much more effective player than paul.

u think paul would lead that bulls team to the best record in the nba? prob would not be top 5 in nba.

Who cares about the best record in the NBA? Is that what you guys want?

I've watched both of them play, I've seen their stats... They are not comparable talents. Paul has also never had a coach like Thibs who is so blatantly the reason for your teams success it's not even funny.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
38? Kobe's 34, and knowing him he'd definitely laugh at the statement, but it would be because somebody is comparing him and Rose.

Anyway, mentioning shot knees is sort of an uphill battle with Rose. His impact was almost entirely dependent on his speed and cutting ability, so we'll see where he's at. I haven't seen video to show he's there yet, have you?

Rose shoots more and scores more than Cp3, he does nothing else at a higher level. It's not a conspiracy that nearly every objective advanced stat rates him pretty significantly higher than Rose.
ya deff my bad there, i guess it just feels like that because hes been in the league for so long, and he looks more like a 38 year old then a 34 year old.

still, kobe is not better than rose at this stage of his career. of course we have got to see if rose can regain his explosiveness that made him so special, but if he does, watch out.

effen5
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh look, the NBA Forum overreacting again...shocking.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Paul and Parker are assuredly better. Parker broke through last year.

Wade, when healthy, is a top 5 player, absolutely. The only thing holding him back is the fact that we don't know if he will ever be truly healthy again.

And Kobe is 34, not 38.

sammyvine
07-25-2013, 12:55 PM

in what way?
in sports your judged with what you produce and cp3 isnt a winner and has empty stats

the same way kobe, lebron, melo are/were called out, cp3 needs to be called out

effen5
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Wade is not better than Rose right now if they were both at a 100%....you're out of your ****in mind.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 12:57 PM
in what way?
in sports your judged with what you produce and cp3 isnt a winner and has empty stats

And what makes Rose a winner and not CP3? Why are Rose's stats not "empty"?

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Who cares about the best record in the NBA? Is that what you guys want?

I've watched both of them play, I've seen their stats... They are not comparable talents. Paul has also never had a coach like Thibs who is so blatantly the reason for your teams success it's not even funny.obviously at the end of the day, everyone wants a ring, but the 2 seasons we had the best record in the nba, we went to the ecf and lost to the heat, because we choked away game 2 which would have given us a 2-0 lead, and boozer was basically taking space up on the floor, and then the following year we all know rose played in 1 game before tearing his acl.

the fact that you say they are not comparable talents is laughable. when i watch chris paul, i have never sat back and said to myself, ''wow this guy is something special''. i have said that when watching james, durant, westbrook, kobe in his prime and still now from time to time, and of course rose.

paul is a good player, one who whines about every call and flops like there is no tomm. to say they someone like rose does not compare to him, u make it seem like paul is on another planet compared to rose. sorry, paul has done nothing to earn that title.

the only guy who is on a different planet than every player in the nba today, is lebron james.

effen5
07-25-2013, 12:59 PM
in what way?

and this. Rose may have not produced in the playoffs but thats because he's been in the playoffs for only 3 years and 1 game...that is a very small sample size and he also didn't have Shaq like Kobe did, or even Wade when he won his first title. Not to mention he took a very broken down team the first couple of years. (with injuries to both Noah and Boozer during their playoff runs)

tr3ymill3r
07-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I will never bash a guy for having all the confidence int the World. However there is a difference between confident and delusional. As long as LeBron is in the league, he is the best player in the World, hell he is a better scorer, passer, rebounder and defender than Rose. Professional athletes all have gigantic egos, however some needed to crack a book while in high school and college. What grinds my gears is to hear millionaires AX each other questions.

effen5
07-25-2013, 01:00 PM

Maybe because Rose is still young? Nobody is calling him a winner but CP3 is going to his what...9th year? Isn't this when we started ripping on Lebron?

RLundi
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Wade is not better than Rose right now if they were both at a 100%....you're out of your ****in mind.

Wade has a solid 6 seasons better than Rose's absolute best. If both were healthy, it really wouldn't be that close. Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Right now, I couldn't give the edge to Rose because we don't know how he will come back. But if both were healthy, I'd easily slot Wade above Rose. Easily.

MDD
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Anybody who play ball always thinks there the best nothing new

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Paul and Parker are assuredly better. Parker broke through last year.

Wade, when healthy, is a top 5 player, absolutely. The only thing holding him back is the fact that we don't know if he will ever be truly healthy again.

And Kobe is 34, not 38.
1st bold- parker and paul are not better. its just been so long since rose has played, u forget how great he was. go back and watch film of the head to heads of these guys, u will comeback and take that statement back.

2nd bold- the thing with wade is, that his knee problems are chronic i believe. he can deff go on streaks of playing incredible ball which he has, but the days of him going out there and being a dominant player for an 82 game season on a consistent basis is over. he was a great player, and is still extremely talented, but his knees have gotten the better of him. i hope he can somehow overcome those issues, because the more talent in the nba, the better the sport, but i dont believe wade will ever be good enough anymore on a consistent basis, where for example he will be in the mvp race. maybe i will be wrong, but from what i have seen over past few seasons, seems just like bad luck with his knees.

3rd bold- yes, i know, i made a mistake, lol, addressed it in another post. it feels like kobe is 38 i guess because he has been in the league for so long, and he is breaking down as a player due to the injuries he has endured and the wear and tear his body has taken over many years.

TheIlladelph16
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Well Derrick..... you're not. In fact, you've never even been the best player at your own position, let alone the best player in the league.

I honestly don't care that he said it. He is 100% incorrect in what he said, but if the guy wants to do the whole confidence thing, by all means go right ahead. I do find it ironic though. I have heard for years about how humble of a player Rose is, that he isn't the egomaniac that Kobe, Lebron etc. are (stupid people say this). Saying you are the best in the NBA, is literally the exact opposite of humble.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Maybe because Rose is still young? Nobody is calling him a winner but CP3 is going to his what...9th year? Isn't this when we started ripping on Lebron?

So young players can't have empty stats? And btw, Rose is not that young. Or at least, Chris Paul is not that old. He's 28, Rose will be 25 in 2 months. So this "young player" nonsense is weak at best.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 01:10 PM
1st bold- parker and paul are not better. its just been so long since rose has played, u forget how great he was. go back and watch film of the head to heads of these guys, u will comeback and take that statement back.

2nd bold- the thing with wade is, that his knee problems are chronic i believe. he can deff go on streaks of playing incredible ball which he has, but the days of him going out there and being a dominant player for an 82 game season on a consistent basis is over. he was a great player, and is still extremely talented, but his knees have gotten the better of him. i hope he can somehow overcome those issues, because the more talent in the nba, the better the sport, but i dont believe wade will ever be good enough anymore on a consistent basis, where for example he will be in the mvp race. maybe i will be wrong, but from what i have seen over past few seasons, seems just like bad luck with his knees.

3rd bold- yes, i know, i made a mistake, lol, addressed it in another post. it feels like kobe is 38 i guess because he has been in the league for so long, and he is breaking down as a player due to the injuries he has endured and the wear and tear his body has taken over many years.

You won't find many intelligent basketball minds that agree with you on Chris Paul. He's better. In every single way. I'll give Rose the nod on acrobatic, unnecessarily-twisted layups, but that's all.

Tony Parker is a much better argument. You can go either which way on this, but I think TP broke through last year. Couple that with the fact we don't know how Rose will come back, I feel comfortable slotting him above Rose for the time being.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:16 PM
^perfect.

I 100% do not understand the Rose > Paul argument.

ManRam
07-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Dude won an NBA MVP when he was 21. I don't get why people are so upset that he thinks that when he's on the court he's the best player in the league. Is he? No. Was he ever? Not in my opinion. But who cares if that's what he thinks? I'd be more worried if he thought otherwise.

Yes, he sat out an entire season. No, that doesn't make him a lesser player. Again, any top-5 caliber player has the right to think that highly of themselves. These guys are competitors...so it's whatever. Deep down does he really think it? Again, who knows...or cares? It doesn't matter.

It's an innocuous statement.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
^because he didn't deserve to win it?

How on earth was he better, or more valuable to his team than Lebron was that year? He was never a top 5 player, that point is not valid.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Well Derrick..... you're not. In fact, you've never even been the best player at your own position, let alone the best player in the league.

I honestly don't care that he said it. He is 100% incorrect in what he said, but if the guy wants to do the whole confidence thing, by all means go right ahead. I do find it ironic though. I have heard for years about how humble of a player Rose is, that he isn't the egomaniac that Kobe, Lebron etc. are (stupid people say this). Saying you are the best in the NBA, is literally the exact opposite of humble.

This is why you are a fan, and Rose is a NBA superstar. A competitor believing he's the best at something is blasphemy? have u ever been competitive in anything in your life??

KniCks4LiFe
07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
oh young Derrick, this looks and sounds familiar to me, you will learn. Learn from mistakes man. Otherwise this will be you in a few years (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/Shrimpbutt/p1.jpg)

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 01:31 PM

How on earth was he better, or more valuable to his team than Lebron was that year? He was never a top 5 player, that point is not valid.
by that argument, u can say lebron should be mvp each and every year,because lebron is going to the best player in the nba barring a catastrophic injury, until he gets old.

how was rose more valuable that season then james to his team? ok, well i guess the simplest way to put it is if u took rose off the bulls that season, the bulls would prob be a 5th 6th seed at best, and would prob win around 40 -45 games at most.

if u took james off the heat that season, the heat are obviously not as good, but wade and bosh as ur top 2, wade is still a top 10 player deff, and many people would put him top 5, to go along with bosh, that team prob can still win upper 40, low 50s, especially considering the fact the east was not so strong.

also, a rose led team led the bulls to the best record in the nba, while a james led heat team with all that talent around him finished 2nd in the east.

and before u say, ''well james led his team to the finals that season and beat rose in the process'', its a REGULAR SEASON award, not a playoff award.

one can deff make an argument james deserved an award, but rose was phenomenal that season.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
^perfect.

I 100% do not understand the Rose > Paul argument.

ya me neither, chris paul is so accomplished, how can anyone be compared to such a great player? no one should be compared to chris paul, he is like the michael jordan of this era, so good, how dare someone bring up another player being as good or better than him.

such an accomplished player is chris paul, with all the 1st round exits he has led his teams to ( i know its never his fault, especially on the clippers where all the credit for being good in the regular season is due to him, but when they flop in the postseason, its his team is not good enough), all the flopping he does, the whining, those are just some of the great things chris paul has accomplished so far

(SARCASM FOR THE PEOPLE WHO THINK I AM BEING SERIOUS)

3RDASYSTEM
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM

BRON 2yr stretch is comparable to many other players, throw out the dumb *** MVP talk and look at game and hardwood impact on individual level, I mean by WILT's 3rd yr he avg 50 and 25 per game, BIRD and many others have had comparable 2yr stretches, MVP's don't mean its the end of all end as the best

I could use ROSE as the prime example for that, not just him saying this now

go back to his 11' mvp yr and nobody was saying he was the 'best' in the league, maybe top PG or 2, but not best player or 1a

to me BRON was a top player since his rookie yr, not the 'best', but a top 10 player indeed, you know something you see every so often takes you back, like damn he will go down as one of the best ever 15-20 players, I never had that feeling about ROSE, but he can ball tough

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't disagree, just not a Rose fan (or chicago sports in general). So at this point my responses are going to be biased, and I will just take myself out of the argument.

Cheers, best of luck this season.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM

you do realize he did not just come out and say he was the best player in the nba, but he was asked who he thought was.

its a confidence thing, everyone knows lebron james is the best player on the planet, but if lebron were to retire for some reason tomm, its not so far fetched that rose would be the best player in the nba. it would deff be a debate.

what should he say? '' well, obviously james is better, dwight howard is better if he is 100 percent healthy, kobe bryant, melo, paul, wade, those guys would all kick my *** on the court''?

Hawkeye15
07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Love the attitude Rose has, always have. That being said, he has never been the best player, and just sat out a year. He needs to let his play do the real talking. But again, I have no issue with this. It's not like Mario freakin Chalmers saying he is the best PG.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't disagree, just not a Rose fan (or chicago sports in general). So at this point my responses are going to be biased, and I will just take myself out of the argument.

Cheers, best of luck this season.

ok, u should have made that clear.

also, i dont know how old u r, but in sports, u should not let ur biased opinions towards one team/player, etc, get in the way of what u really think.

if ur not a fan of derrick rose or chicago sports, thats fine, u dont have to be, we all have our teams/players we hate, but u should not let that get in the way of being able to have an intelligent conversation.

ManRam
07-25-2013, 01:43 PM

If this is a response to me then you're missing my point. He was never better than LeBron; I'm not suggesting otherwise.

I'm merely saying that it's not a big deal that he thinks this.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I never have had a problem with any player thinking their the best player on the floor. I never understand why fans of opposing teams take these comments so seriously. This attitude probably played a big part in why he is in the NBA today.

bucketss
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Haha, typical youngster. Most guys at that age are extremely arrogant and cocky. At least it shows some heart. Of course anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that he was never even top five at any given point.

finally agreed on something:cheers:

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:10 PM
ok, u should have made that clear.

also, i dont know how old u r, but in sports, u should not let ur biased opinions towards one team/player, etc, get in the way of what u really think.

if ur not a fan of derrick rose or chicago sports, thats fine, u dont have to be, we all have our teams/players we hate, but u should not let that get in the way of being able to have an intelligent conversation.

Oh, I still don't think he's nearly as good as every Bull fan thinks he is. I just don't want to argue with you guys when it's clear you're just excited to have him back. I remember feeling terrible for you when he went down in the playoffs, and I don't want to ruin his revival for you.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
hahahahaha oh Derrick, no wonder you didn't take the SAT for yourself. Obviously not very bright.

el hidalgo
07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
u guys mad bulls have d rose and your team doesn't? sounds like u mad

Mr.ATLHawks
07-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Only problem I have with someone calling themselves the "best". It kind of makes me wonder that if he truly thinks he is how hard is he working to improve his game.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
u guys mad bulls have d rose and your team doesn't? sounds like u mad

why are we mad? Derrick has done nothing to classify himself as the best. His MVP award is as legit as Nash's second MVP

el hidalgo
07-25-2013, 02:21 PM
why are we mad? Derrick has done nothing to classify himself as the best. His MVP award is as legit as Nash's second MVP

How am i supposed to know. you tell me why you mad. probably because hell have had a full year to refine his game and improve his J. He will shatter his previous best stats.

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
chitownbears, who is your team?

SteBO
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I swear there's not one professional athlete in sports that can be honest and true to himself without being ripped by some of you people....jeez.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:23 PM
How am i supposed to know. you tell me why you mad. probably because hell have had a full year to refine his game and improve his J. He will shatter his previous best stats.

We aren't mad. We think it is hilarious that he is so stupid. Nothing wrong with confidence, but the guy is a poor mans Iverson.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM

LA Sparks

RLundi
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Heat.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM
We aren't mad. We think it is hilarious that he is so stupid. Nothing wrong with confidence, but the guy is a poor mans Iverson.

You cannot be serious.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:27 PM
You cannot be serious.

When I watch DR I see AI. Both were attackers and volume shooters. I don't think you win a championship with a guy like Rose. That has been my feeling since before he was drafted.

el hidalgo
07-25-2013, 02:29 PM
When I watch DR I see AI. Both were attackers and volume shooters. I don't think you win a championship with a guy like Rose. That has been my feeling since before he was drafted.

sorry, im not able to take the opinion seriously of anybody who makes that ill thought out comparison.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
sorry, im not able to take the opinion seriously of anybody who makes that ill thought out comparison.

Look at their numbers and their style of play. Both are attackers who have put up similar numbers. Rose is a little bigger, but that is not what I am comparing. I am comparing numbers and playing style. DR is more AI than LeBron (in a sense of a well rounded player)

MonroeFAN
07-25-2013, 02:32 PM
the heat?

wtf

el hidalgo
07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Look at their numbers and their style of play. Both are attackers who have put up similar numbers. Rose is a little bigger, but that is not what I am comparing. I am comparing numbers and playing style. DR is more AI than LeBron (in a sense of a well rounded player)

you must have thought of kobe that way too at 23 (last time rose played). volume scorer, just a little bigger than rose.

Heatcheck
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
theres alot of clowns on here right now.

Kobe, at 38, just had a better year than Rose's best (his MVP season).
Wade, as the second option, scored 3 ppg less than Rose's "MVP" year and did it while shooting 50%
as a PG, Dwill and CP3 are better game managers and ball distributors
Parkers a personal preference, they are very similar

he plays on the best coached team in the league, I think the fact that his team made the second round without half the team including him, should raise a huge red flag

but by all means, just facepalm and LOL me to death, dont bother with facts or anything trivial like that, just say "child please" its much more convincing

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
the heat?

wtf

Live in Florida. Never watched basketball until 10ish years ago after I left Chicago.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM

Iverson was much more of a chucker than Rose. I think you're letting your bias cloud your judgment. Rose only has 5 seasons in the league, yet he at his peak is better than anything Iverson has ever come up with in his career.

AI was a great scorer, though a lot of times very inefficient and streaky. And he was MUCH more of a ball hog than Rose.

The Bulls can absolutely win a championship at any given time, with Thibs, that defense and a player like Rose at the forefront.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
you must have thought of kobe that way too at 23 (last time rose played). volume scorer, just a little bigger than rose.

Kobe has a nice shot, Rose is a chucker.

ChitownBears22
07-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Iverson was much more of a chucker than Rose. I think you're letting your bias cloud your judgment. Rose only has 5 seasons in the league, yet he at his peak is better than anything Iverson has ever come up with in his career.

AI was a great scorer, though a lot of times very inefficient and streaky. And he was MUCH more of a ball hog than Rose.

The Bulls can absolutely win a championship at any given time, with Thibs, that defense and a player like Rose at the forefront.

Pretty sure I remember AI averaging 30 ppg and 5 assists in his 5th year I believe. sorry but they are similar.

el hidalgo
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
chitown bears be trolling. literally the only thing he has backed his opinion with is that they are close in height (i guess 4 inches is close) and because they can both score. lousy comparison.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Pretty sure I remember AI averaging 30 ppg and 5 assists in his 5th year I believe. sorry but they are similar.

And? Jerry Stackhouse has averaged nearly 30 a game, what's your point? It's the NBA, most everyone can score, but can you do it without hoisting 28 shots? Can you get teammates involved? Or rebound? Play good defense?

Iverson's single-best WS/48 is .190.

Rose's best (for a full season) is .208.

TS, eFG, assist and rebounding rates and general efficiency all favor Rose.

TheIlladelph16
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
This is why you are a fan, and Rose is a NBA superstar. A competitor believing he's the best at something is blasphemy? have u ever been competitive in anything in your life??

Please see the first sentence in my second paragraph. I don't care that he said it.

My point was aimed at Chicago fans and even fans in general. He has been paraded around as humble and a guy who would never leave Chicago by their fans. What he said is literally the exact opposite of what people refer to him as, humble.

I played sports my entire life and ran track in college. I'm well versed in competition hoss.

b@llhog24

This is true.

You won't find many intelligent basketball minds that agree with you on Chris Paul. He's better. In every single way. I'll give Rose the nod on acrobatic, unnecessarily-twisted layups, but that's all.

Tony Parker is a much better argument. You can go either which way on this, but I think TP broke through last year. Couple that with the fact we don't know how Rose will come back, I feel comfortable slotting him above Rose for the time being.

+1.

Dude won an NBA MVP when he was 21. I don't get why people are so upset that he thinks that when he's on the court he's the best player in the league. Is he? No. Was he ever? Not in my opinion. But who cares if that's what he thinks? I'd be more worried if he thought otherwise.

Yes, he sat out an entire season. No, that doesn't make him a lesser player. Again, any top-5 caliber player has the right to think that highly of themselves. These guys are competitors...so it's whatever. Deep down does he really think it? Again, who knows...or cares? It doesn't matter.

It's an innocuous statement.

I don't think anybody's mad that he thinks that. It's a great mentality to have for the most part. We're just pointing out how delusional he is.

ChitownBears22
And? Jerry Stackhouse has averaged nearly 30 a game, what's your point? It's the NBA, most everyone can score, but can you do it without hoisting 28 shots? Can you get teammates involved? Or rebound? Play good defense?

Playing style. When it came to the playoffs, you know the level players have to succeed at in order to become the best, Rose started chucking like Iverson.

ChitownBears22

They both scored by attacking.

TheIlladelph16
07-25-2013, 02:45 PM
you do realize he did not just come out and say he was the best player in the nba, but he was asked who he thought was.

its a confidence thing, everyone knows lebron james is the best player on the planet, but if lebron were to retire for some reason tomm, its not so far fetched that rose would be the best player in the nba. it would deff be a debate.

what should he say? '' well, obviously james is better, dwight howard is better if he is 100 percent healthy, kobe bryant, melo, paul, wade, those guys would all kick my *** on the court''?

I truly don't care that he said it and I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. See my last post for my point. The criticism isn't aimed at Rose.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 02:49 PM
theres alot of clowns on here right now.

Kobe, at 38, just had a better year than Rose's best (his MVP season).
Wade, as the second option, scored 3 ppg less than Rose's "MVP" year and did it while shooting 50%
as a PG, Dwill and CP3 are better game managers and ball distributors
Parkers a personal preference, they are very similar

he plays on the best coached team in the league, I think the fact that his team made the second round without half the team including him, should raise a huge red flag

but by all means, just facepalm and LOL me to death, dont bother with facts or anything trivial likeat, just say "child please" its much more convincing

1st bold- you may be right, but you are the biggest one.

2nd bold- kobe did not have a better year than roses mvp season. kobe had a great stretch right before he got hurt where he carried the lakers back into contention, but where the hell was he the 1st 4 plus months of the season, when the lakers were going down as one of the biggest flops in nba history?

3rd bold- deron is not better at anything than derrick rose. this is the same deron that could not lead his team to a victory over a roseless bulls, joakim noah playing with planta faciatis, and with deng and hinrich missing most of the series. ya, that great deron williams, talk about overrated.

4th bold- there is no huge red flag. if rose was healthy, the bulls breeze by the nets in the 1st round. then again, if rose was healthy they would have been playing the bucks or the celtics in round 1 and not the nets, because they would have been 1st or 2nd seed. you do realize that the bulls finished 5th in the conference, as opposed to best record in nba in back to back years, they had to play perfect ball just win ball games, and they got clobbered by so many bottom tier teams without rose. ya, trying to make it seem that with or without rose there is no difference is comical. with rose they are a top team, without rose they need to play perfect basketball just to get into the playoffs.

and 5th bold, i will lol u to death, because ur spewing a bunch of garbage.

ur lucky the heat have not had to face the bulls the past 2 postseasons, and that the 1 time they did, there 2nd guy boozer decided just to take up space on court and not contribute.

nonetheless, ur heat have not won a title in a season in which rose was healthy for the playoffs, and that is a fact.

RLundi
07-25-2013, 03:32 PM
They both scored by attacking.

So does LeBron. And Tony Parker. Are they comparable too?

RLundi
07-25-2013, 03:35 PM

:laugh2:

Big Zo
07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
ur lucky the heat have not had to face the bulls the past 2 postseasons, and that the 1 time they did, there 2nd guy boozer decided just to take up space on court and not contribute.

nonetheless, ur heat have not won a title in a season in which rose was healthy for the playoffs, and that is a fact.

I remember the Heat taking out the Bulls in just 5 games in 2011. Healthy Rose couldn't even push it to 6 games, and lost on his home floor.

DR_1
07-25-2013, 03:38 PM

So are you and every Heat fan.

Mods, why is this thread still open? It's clearly here just to bait Bulls fans.

DR_1
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I remember the Heat taking out the Bulls in just 5 games in 2011. Healthy Rose couldn't even push it to 6 games, and lost on his home floor.

You know what I remember? A Rose who had almost no help in that series, and was able to be double and triple-teamed. Games that happened 2 years ago are completely invalid arguments.

That is not so any more. And honestly, those games could have gone any way, it's not like they were blowouts.

sammyvine
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM

This is true.

+1.

I don't think anybody's mad that he thinks that. It's a great mentality to have for the most part. We're just pointing out how delusional he is.
Then you probably won't make anything of your life. In order to make it you have to think and believe your the best even if your not. If you don't think that then what's the point?
There's a reason rose is a professional nba player and your probably in your bedroom hating on those who are trying to make it

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
You know what I remember? A Rose who had almost no help in that series, and was able to be double and triple-teamed. Games that happened 2 years ago are completely invalid arguments.

That is not so any more. And honestly, those games could have gone any way, it's not like they were blowouts.

exactly, we should have been up 2-0 in that series. we completely dominated them in game 1, and game 2 we freaking choked away a big 4th qtr lead.

let the heat fans talk, they just had there final nba title with there big 3, and u were able to see this year, they are extremely vulnerable.

if rose can stay healthy this season, we will be the heat next season, book it.

DR_1
07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't really care when anyone near the top 5 says **** like this. Obviously he isn't, and obviously there's only been one correct answer for at least the past 3 seasons (most likely longer), but whatever.

He knows he isn't. But he can say it.

:facepalm: Most of your posts I agree with, but to say Rose is not top 5 when healthy is laughable. The guy won an MVP, if he doesn't think he is the best I would be dissapointed.

b@llhog24
07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Then you probably won't make anything of your life. In order to make it you have to think and believe your the best even if your not. If you don't think that then what's the point?
There's a reason rose is a professional nba player and your probably in your bedroom hating on those who are trying to make it

Uh (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman)

pd1dish
07-25-2013, 03:54 PM
I never have had a problem with any player thinking their the best player on the floor. I never understand why fans of opposing teams take these comments so seriously. This attitude probably played a big part in why he is in the NBA today.

^^^^THIS PEOPLE!!!!

you dont get anywhere in life thinking you are second best to ANYONE. i made this point earlier but i think it went unnoticed. do you think Presidents of companies and CEO's got anywhere in our society thinking they were worse than anyone?

this quote also sums it great, but the bolded part is the key.

the problem with this website is that the good, insightful and thought out posts dont get read/replied to. the only ones that get replied to are the delusional/hateful posts (from all teams and sides of the argument) and it completely kills the debate intelligent posters are attempting to have.

Big Zo
07-25-2013, 03:56 PM

Maybe the Heat were the better team, and LeBron was the better player. Sounds crazy, huh?

RLundi
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
:facepalm: Most of your posts I agree with, but to say Rose is not top 5 when healthy is laughable. The guy won an MVP, if he doesn't think he is the best I would be dissapointed.

He isn't top 5. You're only saying that because you have a Bulls logo in your avatar.

tredigs
07-25-2013, 04:19 PM

2nd bold- kobe did not have a better year than roses mvp season. kobe had a great stretch right before he got hurt where he carried the lakers back into contention, but where the hell was he the 1st 4 plus months of the season, when the lakers were going down as one of the biggest flops in nba history?

3rd bold- deron is not better at anything than derrick rose. this is the same deron that could not lead his team to a victory over a roseless bulls, joakim noah playing with planta faciatis, and with deng and hinrich missing most of the series. ya, that great deron williams, talk about overrated.

4th bold- there is no huge red flag. if rose was healthy, the bulls breeze by the nets in the 1st round. then again, if rose was healthy they would have been playing the bucks or the celtics in round 1 and not the nets, because they would have been 1st or 2nd seed. you do realize that the bulls finished 5th in the conference, as opposed to best record in nba in back to back years, they had to play perfect ball just win ball games, and they got clobbered by so many bottom tier teams without rose. ya, trying to make it seem that with or without rose there is no difference is comical. with rose they are a top team, without rose they need to play perfect basketball just to get into the playoffs.

and 5th bold, i will lol u to death, because ur spewing a bunch of garbage.

The plowed through the Rose led Chi squad en route to the finals. Who cares if they lost? Still proved they were better than the Bulls.

And Deron not better at anything than Rose? He's a more efficient shooter/scorer and a better playmaker. Hence the higher TS% and Assist%. Rose is the better slasher (er was), and as defenders/rebounders it's probably a wash.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 05:32 PM
The plowed through the Rose led Chi squad en route to the finals. Who cares if they lost? Still proved they were better than the Bulls.

And Deron not better at anything than Rose? He's a more efficient shooter/scorer and a better playmaker. Hence the higher TS% and Assist%. Rose is the better slasher (er was), and as defenders/rebounders it's probably a wash.i am not impressed with deron. i watch him plenty, since that great season in utah, he has not lived up to the hype that was built around him.

u can nitpick at stats, but i do not think there is 1 gm in the nba who would take a healthy deron williams over a healthy derrick rose.

rocket
07-25-2013, 05:39 PM
These threads are so stupid. It's comical how many on PSD are posted.

Spanklin
07-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Rose should GTFOH with this false bravado months after it matters.

Seriously when you sit on the bench while the real best in the NBA bullies your team, you don't get to talk about being the best in the NBA.

Bro, if Rose had come back early during the playoffs then the Heat wouldn't have ever made it to the finals. You should be happy he sat it out and gift wrapped your team another ring.

Spanklin
07-25-2013, 05:51 PM
i am not impressed with deron. i watch him plenty, since that great season in utah, he has not lived up to the hype that was built around him.

u can nitpick at stats, but i do not think there is 1 gm in the nba who would take a healthy deron williams over a healthy derrick rose.

Williams is playing through bone spurts in both ankles and two bad wrists. Meanwhile, candy boy is over there nursing a rehab for twice as long as anyone else.

And the D-Will haters can get back to us when Derrick finally puts up elite level ts% like Williams did last season (despite having inept coaches who couldn't run the simplest system, while Rose benefits from one of the best coaching staffs yet still can't break into elite scoring range).

ChicagoJ
07-25-2013, 05:52 PM
This is just another example of a players words being over analyzed.

Is he the best player? No. But he's just saying he has confidence is all. He over did it with the quote, but it's not that big of a deal.

ManRam
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM

People are mad. Or something at least. Why else has this thread topped 200 posts. It should be a no-story.

And he has that right to be delusional. I don't even actually think right now he'd put himself over LeBron, even knowing how dumb he is ;) He just says so. I wouldn't really expect otherwise.

People getting carried away and harping on every single word said. Overanalyzing.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 06:33 PM
People are mad. Or something at least. Why else has this thread topped 200 posts. It should be a no-story.

And he has that right to be delusional. I don't even actually think right now he'd put himself over LeBron, even knowing how dumb he is ;) He just says so. I wouldn't really expect otherwise.

People getting carried away and harping on every single word said. Overanalyzing.
truthfully, i am happy this thread has gone on this long, because it will be fun to go back during the season and bump it when rose is a top 3 player in the nba this season, and the haters can eat crow.

Slug3
07-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Bro, if Rose had come back early during the playoffs then the Heat wouldn't have ever made it to the finals. You should be happy he sat it out and gift wrapped your team another ring.

I remember watching a healthy Rosť get shut down in the 4th game after game a few years ago.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM

what makes you think that? The Heat shut Rose down when it mattered anyways.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
This is just another example of a players words being over analyzed.

Is he the best player? No. But he's just saying he has confidence is all. He over did it with the quote, but it's not that big of a deal.

+1

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Williams is playing through bone spurts in both ankles and two bad wrists. Meanwhile, candy boy is over there nursing a rehab for twice as long as anyone else.

And the D-Will haters can get back to us when Derrick finally puts up elite level ts% like Williams did last season (despite having inept coaches who couldn't run the simplest system, while Rose benefits from one of the best coaching staffs yet still can't break into elite scoring range).

you do realize that rose has played through injuries before, right? hes being smart this time, because all those injuries he had suffered took a toll and this is what happened. a torn acl.

would it have been smarter if he would have come back too early and ruin a very promising career like guys such as grant hill, tracy mcgardy, penny hardaway, just to name a few, or did what he did now and waited till he felt ready, not being pressured by fans and doctors who told him he was cleared?

considering the players i mentioned above like hardaway, hill, and mcgrady all came out in support of roses decision, i think he made the right choice.

also, ur comment about d will, u do realize this man '' the guy who is better than rose in ur opinion'', could not even beat a freaking bulls team without deng, rose, hinrich, and noah playing with plantar faciatis.

the nets were arguably handed the easiest 1st round matchup that i can remember for a 4th seed team, and they could not even take advantage. when are they going to get past the 1st round if not this past season?

there 1st round opponent will only be more difficult this year, and considering the nets will prob finish 4th or 5th, they will prob be matched up with the knicks or cavs ( only if bynum can stay on the court, which is a big if).

RiceOnTheRun
07-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Still not good enough. He needs to be 110% before he can come back LOL.

But seriously though, I have no problem with athletes having confidence, but unless you have something to back you up, statements like this make no sense. If Kobe says he's the best, sure I might disagree with him, but he has something to back him up. Lebron says he's the best, alright he's had plenty of success over the past few years. Hell, even if someone without a championship like Durant or 2010 Lebron says they're the best, at least they have their on the court skills to back that up. A guy coming off of not playing for almost a year and a half doesn't have the right to make claims like that. Whether or not he thinks he's the best is up to him, but if you're going to talk ****, you better back it up.

Spanklin
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
what makes you think that? The Heat shut Rose down when it mattered anyways.

Rose isn't all he's cracked up to be (I'd take Kyrie Irving over him any day), but he was enough of what the Bulls needed to advance. Instant offense.

I thought Heat weren't as good this year as last season. Bench had one foot in the graveyard, Bosh and Wade playing like trash. They barely got past middle of the road Indiana, and barely escaped beating the Spurs. Spurs were a pretty bad finals team and got there by luck. Westbrook injury and Clippers not 100 %, plus Lionel Hollins couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag and let Poppovich punk him hard by shutting down Randolph and leaving everything else wide open... Spurs shouldn't have been in the finals yet they nearly beat the Heat.

Bulls with Rose last year >>>>> Miami.

Memphis would have tore Miami up too. Ahem, coaching. I feel bad for whoever signs Hollins to a 20 million dollar contract only to find out he sucks.

Spanklin
07-25-2013, 07:43 PM
you do realize that rose has played through injuries before, right? hes being smart this time, because all those injuries he had suffered took a toll and this is what happened. a torn acl.

would it have been smarter if he would have come back too early and ruin a very promising career like guys such as grant hill, tracy mcgardy, penny hardaway, just to name a few, or did what he did now and waited till he felt ready, not being pressured by fans and doctors who told him he was cleared?

considering the players i mentioned above like hardaway, hill, and mcgrady all came out in support of roses decision, i think he made the right choice.

also, ur comment about d will, u do realize this man '' the guy who is better than rose in ur opinion'', could not even beat a freaking bulls team without deng, rose, hinrich, and noah playing with plantar faciatis.

the nets were arguably handed the easiest 1st round matchup that i can remember for a 4th seed team, and they could not even take advantage. when are they going to get past the 1st round if not this past season?

there 1st round opponent will only be more difficult this year, and considering the nets will prob finish 4th or 5th, they will prob be matched up with the knicks or cavs ( only if bynum can stay on the court, which is a big if).

Pretty meh appeal to authority fallacy, especially when those guys aren't going to ever criticize him anyway. Supporting his decision was a political statement and nothing more. But you can hang your hat on it if you want to.

Fact is, he was 110% healthy when his team desperately needed him in the playoffs and he sat fat and happy behind the bench in a suit instead of manning up. No other player in the NBA would have done what he did. But Rose thinks he's more special.

sportsfan222
07-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Pretty meh appeal to authority fallacy, especially when those guys aren't going to ever criticize him anyway. Supporting his decision was a political statement and nothing more. But you can hang your hat on it if you want to.

Fact is, he was 110% healthy when his team desperately needed him in the playoffs and he sat fat and happy behind the bench in a suit instead of manning up. No other player in the NBA would have done what he did. But Rose thinks he's more special.
well considering those guys suffered the same injury as rose and came be to soon, i think they are pretty good opinions to listen to.

he said he did not feel good enough, this was not like a player being out for a few weeks with a sprained ankle, and trying to play through it, he had acl surgery, and considering he uses his athleticism more than anyone in the nba, he needs to be 110 percent. he is not derrick rose at 80 percent.

will see if it paid off this season depending on how he performs. he deff hears his critics, he will be a man on a mission.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Rose isn't all he's cracked up to be (I'd take Kyrie Irving over him any day), but he was enough of what the Bulls needed to advance. Instant offense.

I thought Heat weren't as good this year as last season. Bench had one foot in the graveyard, Bosh and Wade playing like trash. They barely got past middle of the road Indiana, and barely escaped beating the Spurs. Spurs were a pretty bad finals team and got there by luck. Westbrook injury and Clippers not 100 %, plus Lionel Hollins couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag and let Poppovich punk him hard by shutting down Randolph and leaving everything else wide open... Spurs shouldn't have been in the finals yet they nearly beat the Heat.

Bulls with Rose last year >>>>> Miami.

Memphis would have tore Miami up too. Ahem, coaching. I feel bad for whoever signs Hollins to a 20 million dollar contract only to find out he sucks.

Well, you are living in theory world now. The Heat are their own enemy in the east playoffs. I am sorry, but nobody is beating them the last 2 years in the east. They seem to play to the level of their competition, and turn it on when necessary.

And your comment about Indy leaves out the obvious. Matchups. The way to stop the Heat is to have defense outside, and a rim protector. Indy has this.

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Rose:

-Wins MVP when it was clear he was not the best player.
-Supposedly has no team but they managed to make it to the second round of the playoffs.
-Chokes against Kansas and against Miami in game 5 of the ECF.
-Refuses to play even when he himself stated he was physically ready.
-Has one great season, his other seasons weren't even "great".
-He was never better than CP3. Yes, he was top 5 at one point, who cares? This year, he's not even top 10 because he didn't play a single game last year.

All I'm hearing are excuses from Bulls fans. We all know Rose isn't the best. We all know Rose won the MVP, but he's not even close to KD or LeBron's status. We all know Miami would've ran past Rose in the playoffs anyways. This is all irrelevant. Rose has the right to say he's the best but we all know the definite answer.

TheLegend
07-25-2013, 09:32 PM
BRON 2yr stretch is comparable to many other players, throw out the dumb *** MVP talk and look at game and hardwood impact on individual level, I mean by WILT's 3rd yr he avg 50 and 25 per game, BIRD and many others have had comparable 2yr stretches, MVP's don't mean its the end of all end as the best

I could use ROSE as the prime example for that, not just him saying this now

go back to his 11' mvp yr and nobody was saying he was the 'best' in the league, maybe top PG or 2, but not best player or 1a

to me BRON was a top player since his rookie yr, not the 'best', but a top 10 player indeed, you know something you see every so often takes you back, like damn he will go down as one of the best ever 15-20 players, I never had that feeling about ROSE, but he can ball tough

The MVP is not about best player, everybody know that's Lebron. But the most VALUABLE player to their team. The heat had Wade and Bosh, and at that time wade wasnt as injured as he has been so one can see why lbj didn't get the award at that time. The bulls had the top record and rose was the leader. Usually the award goes to that player.

BullsFan_1
07-25-2013, 09:57 PM

Get a load of this guy.

Bookey
07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
How is Parker better than Rose, he dropped a career high on him, and destroys him everytime lol

Max.This
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
There are so many homers in this thread. I dont get why people bother making threads knowing that the same idiots that roam the forums 24/7 with biased opinions are waiting to bait. Its disappointing how this forum has turned. I can't wait till a team like the cavs or denver or golden state wins a championship, maybe we won't see these handful of posters anymore

carlthack
07-25-2013, 10:19 PM
If Rose laces them up and gets on the court (who knows if he actually will) then he might be a 15-17 pt per game scorer at best. Im pretty sure he will be too scared to take it hard to the hoop very much because he'll be conscious of his knee. Then what will he be left with? That was his whole game.

He never was a good outside shooter, never was a great passer/facilitator and he never was a great defender. If he is going be a great player instead of an okay player then he will need to be a gym rat and work heavily on those other facets of his game and take them seriously.

cuttydoesit6
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
lol all these ****in haters... just wait

DR_1
07-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Maybe the Heat were the better team, and LeBron was the better player. Sounds crazy, huh?

That still does not make that series relevant at all to arguments about today's teams. LeBron did not shut down Rose. The Heat did. Don't get me wrong they did a good job, but it's pretty easy when you have Keith Freaking Bogans starting at the 2.

Bostonjorge
07-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Rose not even the best PG in the league. I have Paul and Westbrook over him.

OceanSpray
07-26-2013, 02:30 AM
hahaha but you give the bulls a top 5 player and you wonder what he'll win with him. let's be honest, lebron had to join other top players in order to win something. he doesn't have the winner pedigree that jordan had. it hurts lebron lovers but that's the ****en bottom line.

LeBron had to join because nothing was getting done around him. That Cleveland cast was a joke. I can't believe anyone can carry that team; not even Jordan. Jordan never carried anyone btw, remember how he was 1-10 in the playoffs without Pippen? Chicago got Jordan help, Cleveland got LeBron a bunch of old veterans who couldn't do a damn thing. Who wouldn't have left Cleveland and put themselves at the best position to win? Jordan threatened to retire if Bulls management didn't resign Pippen. Honestly, the excuses is a joke. We all know no one could've carried that Cleveland team to a championship. Day in and day out, it was LeBron being triple teamed because their management was insufficient. I don't blame the guy for leaving, but you can say what you want. When LeBron carried Miami last year and this year, this team looked beatable. I bet if Spurs won, you would've been saying James sucked and what not. Fact: LeBron would be winning more games in Chicago than in Miami. Look at Chicago, they have the best supporting cast that Rose could ask for. A legitimate defender and all star in Deng, a leading candidate for DPOY in Noah. A 16/10 in Boozer, and Jimmy Butler, who is a great defender and can score occasionally. They have all the role players for any star to succeed. Why aren't they succeeding? Because Rose doesn't even want to play for his damn team.

sportsfan222
07-26-2013, 09:23 AM
LeBron had to join because nothing was getting done around him. That Cleveland cast was a joke. I can't believe anyone can carry that team; not even Jordan. Jordan never carried anyone btw, remember how he was 1-10 in the playoffs without Pippen? Chicago got Jordan help, Cleveland got LeBron a bunch of old veterans who couldn't do a damn thing. Who wouldn't have left Cleveland and put themselves at the best position to win? Jordan threatened to retire if Bulls management didn't resign Pippen. Honestly, the excuses is a joke. We all know no one could've carried that Cleveland team to a championship. Day in and day out, it was LeBron being triple teamed because their management was insufficient. I don't blame the guy for leaving, but you can say what you want. When LeBron carried Miami last year and this year, this team looked beatable. I bet if Spurs won, you would've been saying James sucked and what not. Fact: LeBron would be winning more games in Chicago than in Miami. Look at Chicago, they have the best supporting cast that Rose could ask for. A legitimate defender and all star in Deng, a leading candidate for DPOY in Noah. A 16/10 in Boozer, and Jimmy Butler, who is a great defender and can score occasionally. They have all the role players for any star to succeed. Why aren't they succeeding? Because Rose doesn't even want to play for his damn team.
o please. ya, i am sure if u had to pick a team to surround rose with, these are the exact players u would take. u r just trying to say how well his supporting cast is, so if he loses this year, he sucks, but if he wins, he could not have asked for a better supporting cast.

lets see. boozer blows. the guy is one of the most inconsistent guys in the nba, and never shows up in playoffs. deng, yes he is a very good defender and a solid scorer, but in no way is he a legit number 2 scorer. very good player, but not a legit 2nd option on offense. noah, while his offense has improved, he still is no offensive Juggernaut, and the last time he played with rose, he was putrid on offense. you mention jimmy butler, rose and butler i dont believe have started in a game together yet.

the bulls have a good team, but they r only good because of rose. without rose, they r a team which needs to play perfect basketball to stay in games and grind out wins, and struggle to win 40 games.

and where do u get that crap that rose does not want to play for this team? because he was being cautious with his acl rehab, that means he does not want to play for the bulls?

sammyvine
07-26-2013, 09:42 AM
ocean spray lol
he is such a troll and you fall for him all the time

sammyvine
07-26-2013, 09:43 AM

if lebron left the heat would you still support the heat or would you support who ever lebron goes and plays for?

RLundi
07-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Look at Chicago, they have the best supporting cast that Rose could ask for. A legitimate defender and all star in Deng, a leading candidate for DPOY in Noah. A 16/10 in Boozer, and Jimmy Butler, who is a great defender and can score occasionally. They have all the role players for any star to succeed. Why aren't they succeeding? Because Rose doesn't even want to play for his damn team.

Stop.

yoseppii12
07-26-2013, 09:50 AM

Wrong. BEST supporting cast, what are you crazy? Jimmy Butler? Rose hasn't even played with him really, Rose hasn't played with any of these guys, look at how many games he's played with your BEST supporting cast because it's not a lot of games between all the injuries everyone has.

Nevertheless, next year, if no one is injured think about this...Who can dribble on the bulls other than Rose? Who can score on isolation other than Rose? Who can create shots for other players other than Rose? You must not watch a lot of NBA because if there is one thing that is pretty evident in the great teams in the league, its they have MULTIPLE isolation players. Lets go through some of the better teams from last few years...Who can score by isolation.

Heat- Lebron, Wade and Bosh
Thunder- Durant, Westbrook and Harden (when they had him) can all score off isolation.
Spurs- Parker Gino and Duncan
Lakers- Kobe, Shaq/Gasol/Bynum
Celtics- Rondo, Pierce and Allen
Mavs- Dirk, Terry

So Rose has the best supporting cast but his second best ISO player is Deng. GTFO. The Bulls are built to play good defense and have the offense score off Rose. Think about last year w/o Rose, Nate Robinson and Bellenilli were there go to guys that led the offense. A guy that signed for pennies and a Euro Shooter were the go to players on offense. That is an issue.

And I say this loud and clear, Rose is not the best player in the league. LeBron obviously is. And no doubt KD is good, but look what happened last year when he lost Westbrook. No more wins after that.....why? No other ISO scorers. 1 man can only do so much.

FYL_McVeezy
07-26-2013, 10:23 AM
I have zero problem with DRose saying this....even though he is incorrect...

He has to back up this statement next season...

Dankster
07-26-2013, 10:39 AM
He should feel that way, in fact every top tier player in the league should have that confident disposition that they're the best.

But anyone who watches basketball, even in a casual manner, knows he's never been the best player in the league. Even his MVP season, I personally thought Lebron was in another stratosphere but was getting ostracized by the media and fans for making the "controversial" move to south beach. Lebron should have 4 MVP's now without question.

D1JM
07-26-2013, 01:12 PM

SteBO
07-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Anybody who brings up Carlos Boozer as a main cog to a "great" supporting cast.....:pity:

IversonIsKrazy
07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I like the confidence.

OceanSpray
07-26-2013, 07:26 PM
You guys don't even know what you're talking about. A team is more than just putting star players on one team. Chicago has a complete team because they have defenders, rebounders, and lots of hustle. All those pieces are what Rose needs to win. He hasn't been winning big time because he shy's away in the big stage. Noah, Boozer, Deng? Are you kidding me? You're telling me those three aren't enough to win? Haha.

Rndy
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Anybody who brings up Carlos Boozer as a main cog to a "great" supporting cast.....:pity:

He's very loud that should count for something.

sportsfan222
07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
t

sportsfan222
07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
You guys don't even know what you're talking about. A team is more than just putting star players on one team. Chicago has a complete team because they have defenders, rebounders, and lots of hustle. All those pieces are what Rose needs to win. He hasn't been winning big time because he shy's away in the big stage. Noah, Boozer, Deng? Are you kidding me? You're telling me those three aren't enough to win? Haha.

no one said that is not enough to win. what i, and many others are trying to argue, is ur point how rose has the best supporting cast u can ask for.

the bulls are a 40 win team without rose, they have no legit scorer other than rose. its rose, rose, rose on offense. he is the main guy. he can deff use a 2nd scorer along side him. boozer disappears during the playoffs and times in the regular season, noah has a tremendous amount of passion, plays his heart out game in and game out, but hes extremely limited offensively, and deng is a solid offensive player, but should not be ur 2nd option on offense.

also, we don't know if rose can win with these guys or not. me personally, i believe rose is that good that he can if he is healthy, but they only had 1 playoff run together so far, so hopefully we will see this upcoming season.