PDA

View Full Version : Knicks deemed as 5th best team in the East or worse is a complete joke

melo
07-24-2013, 07:01 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)
Prigioni (STEALIN YA COOKIES)

That's what I call improvement. We still need to find a nice solid 3rd PG and a little bit more help on the boards but this team is much better than the team that lost in 6 to the Pacers and won 50+ games. Keep in mind, that team was rattled by injuries.

Now.. all I hear is Nets/Bulls/Heat/Pacers, especially the Nets. Get outta here with that bull. This thread is a reminder to all you Knick haters that bully ball is at an all time high this year and the league best watch out for this deep deep team.

A fully healthy and improved Shumpert is also an addition IMO.

Loving the underdog status right now. Haters gun hate, Charles Barkley. Y'all better have eyes on the back of your head, we aint playin'.

sf-fanatic
07-24-2013, 07:03 PM
The nets are better than the knicks IMO

melo
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
The nets are better than the knicks IMO

Nice assumption when they haven't even played a game together yet and lost to the Roseless-Bulls first round hahahaaa.

Felton/Prigs
Shump/Jr Smith
Melo//Metta
Bargnani/Amare
Chandler/Kenyon

Nets still better? Same old, same old, just like last year. KG isn't "KG" anymore. Pierce isn't "The Truth" anymore.

Chacarron
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Bargs a bully? llullz

LAKobeBryant
07-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Knicks are living an dying from 3s even more this year

ManRam
07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't get why fans get upset when other people don't think as highly of their team as they do.

What does it matter what people think? The Knicks will ultimately show what their real worth is.

The Knicks I don't think really improved. Maybe minimally, but the Nets, Pacers and Bulls all have made much bigger strides. It's not silly to think they'll finish 5th. And even if it is, again, the Knicks will then prove everyone wrong and it won't matter.

TheMightyHumph
07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)

That's what I call improvement. We still need to find a nice solid 3rd PG and a little bit more help on the boards but this team is much better than the team that lost in 6 to the Pacers and won 50+ games. Keep in mind, that team was rattled by injuries.

Now.. all I hear is Nets/Bulls/Heat/Pacers, especially the Nets. Get outta here with that bull. This thread is a reminder to all you Knick haters that bully ball is at an all time high this year and the league best watch out for this deep deep team.

Loving the underdog status right now. Haters gun hate, Charles Barkley. Y'all better have eyes on the back of your head, we aint playin'.

So why ain't you laughin'?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2013, 07:14 PM
I can deal with 5th behind Miami/Chicago/Indiana/Brooklyn. Any later than 5th I think is a stretch. The East isnt packed with quality teams right now

However, I can see either Brooklyn or Indiana finishing behind the Knicks as well. I dont think either team is so far ahead that its a slam dunk, only far enough ahead that the case could be made.

TheMightyHumph
07-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Nice assumption when they haven't even played a game together yet and lost to the Roseless-Bulls first round hahahaaa.

Felton/Prigs
Shump/Jr Smith
Melo//Metta
Bargnani/Amare
Chandler/Kenyon

Nets still better? Same old, same old, just like last year. KG isn't "KG" anymore. Pierce isn't "The Truth" anymore.

That Knick team hasn't played a game together either.

5ass
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Bargs a bully? llullz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jawN3k6G0

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)

I think Bargs is a good fit in NY but him being a bully?? you thought Amare was frustrating?? if you think Bargs is in anyway tough you'll know what real hell is like, Amare will look like Shaq compare to him

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jawN3k6G0

Has it really been seven years of that commercial, feels like yesterday we were as excited for him as knick fans

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-24-2013, 07:23 PM
The Knicks are back!

More-Than-Most
07-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Heat

Pacers
Bulls

Knicks
Nets

THat is how I see it

WVNowitzki
07-24-2013, 07:31 PM
You sound like a big....Choo Choo train

SportsFanatic10
07-24-2013, 07:33 PM
it really doesn't make sense to put them above any of heat/bulls/pacers/nets. knicks are 5th though no lower. the heat is obvious, bulls just got rose back and we have a good idea what they'll look like with him if he's finally truly healthy. also the pacers are a great young team that continues to grow together and improve. the nets aren't a sure thing by any means since we haven't seen them play yet. but kg and pierce know how to play together and i expect them to fit in well as "glorified role players" like pierce said the other day. deron, jj, and lopez can play together and everyone fits into their natural position on that team. i like terry and ak off the bench as well. i don't think this is a team with the ego problems the lakers had, although they could wind up getting the health problems like LA. but to me the only big question mark with brooklyn is coaching, will kidd be able to command this vetern team and make the right adjustments in the playoffs? that is to be seen, but i expect the nets to be very good.

Sly Guy
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
bargnani is so hard......lol

UPRock
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
They're also my 5th team, I don't see anything wrong.

SportsFanatic10
07-24-2013, 07:36 PM
sure the knicks have improved a little i guess, but not enough to stay ahead of these teams.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Who cares...5th, 1 or 2nd seed does it matter? Nets have a better team on paper but let the season play out. A healthy Shump should improve this team. Brags will surprise everybody IMO, he knows the offense isn't running thru him and he needs to stay in line, spot up and shot that open 3 and become that stretch 5 that we need!

I Rock Shaqs
07-24-2013, 07:49 PM

Pause...no homo....pause.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 07:50 PM

Pause

b@llhog24
07-24-2013, 07:53 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)

Fantastic argument. :clap:

DR_1
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I can deal with 5th behind Miami/Chicago/Indiana/Brooklyn. Any later than 5th I think is a stretch. The East isnt packed with quality teams right now

However, I can see either Brooklyn or Indiana finishing behind the Knicks as well. I dont think either team is so far ahead that its a slam dunk, only far enough ahead that the case could be made.
Good post, and I agree completely. I think the regular season will end up like this:

1. Bulls (Depending on health, which for us is a big "if" )
2. Heat (Wade is a huge question mark and I was not too impressed with Bosh this year)
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks

Honestly I could see 3-5 shaking out completely differently though. I do think that Bulls/Heat are the clear cut best though.

SeoulBeatz
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Bargnani a bully... sarcasm right? And what does Ron Artest have left?

I like Tim Hardaway JR though, but this is still a team with a major deficiency on defense. Also the iso-ball stuff has gotta stop. At the beginning of last season the Knicks were running train, they had pretty good ball movement and they were hitting wide open 3's.

Then towards the end of the season and into the playoffs everybody was playin A.I ball and the team suffered from it. I just don't like the way this team is constructed/ how they run plays. It's a Anthony or J.R Smith ISO or bust 90% of the time.

Raymond Felton and Amare need to go.

If they could somehow swing a trade for Rondo that would solve all their woes IMO. He's not a great man to man defender, but he's worlds above Felton and his passing would really open things up for all the shooters on that roster.

Knick bag
07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
I love the 5th ranking. Don't really see the Nets finishing ahead of us because of age but they said the same thing about us last year and we finished 2nd. I really think 3rd tho

Heat/Bulls
Knicks
Pacers
Nets

IMO

Hawkeye15
07-24-2013, 07:56 PM
In no order, the Heat, Nets, Bulls, and Pacers are better. So, a #5 seed is right on for me.

koreancabbage
07-24-2013, 07:57 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (SUCKS!)
Ron Artest (SUCKS!)
Bargnani (SUCKS!)
C.J. Leslie (SUCKS!)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (SERVICEABLE)
J.R. (METH HEAD)
Prigioni (SUCKS!)

fixed

goku
07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I have them as the 5th seed behind

Heat "champs"
Pacers "getting granger back"
Bulls "Getting rose back"
Nets "kg and PP will give the nets toughness"

goku
07-24-2013, 08:15 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)

LOL knicks make it past the first round finally after more then a decade and they are the beast of the east

tredigs
07-24-2013, 08:15 PM
In:

Tim Hardaway Jr. (BULLY)
Ron Artest (BULLY)
Bargnani (BULLY)
C.J. Leslie (BULLY)

Out:

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Sheed
Kidd

Retained:
K-Mart (BULLY)
J.R. (BULLY)

PM me if you're willing to set up a bet with a secured 3rd party that they both win less games and don't make the ECF this season. Open offer --

Six-8-TheWizard
07-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Bully Bargs :laugh:

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
5 is about right. They're going to have to rely on JR a lil bit more this season which may not be good......

gwrighter
07-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Can't wait until the rest of the NBA realizes how much Bargnani doesn't like basketball.

Nycbball08
07-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants....go Knicks!

meloman1592
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
The op is clearly tryna be funny. That being said, I got the Knicks fighting for a top 3 seed

tredigs
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Can't wait until the rest of the NBA realizes how much Bargnani doesn't like basketball.

He's about to be put on blast. The festering frustration is going to be a show.

1-800-STFU
07-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Next time I analyze NBA players I'll be sure to use the (BULLY) and (STEALIN COOKIES) lines. Quite insightful and enlightening. Thanks bro.

Chronz
07-24-2013, 08:30 PM
lol stealin ya cookies

Rivera
07-24-2013, 08:45 PM
This thread is awesome

Guys before you rip on him too bad

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

albertajaysfan
07-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Who cares...5th, 1 or 2nd seed does it matter? Nets have a better team on paper but let the season play out. A healthy Shump should improve this team. Brags will surprise everybody IMO, he knows the offense isn't running thru him and he needs to stay in line, spot up and shot that open 3 and become that stretch 5 that we need!

Stretch 5? I know that most people south of the border don't watch the Raptors but you obviously missed how horrible of an experiment it was having Bargs play C. And if he is playing with Chandler, which is hands down his best front court partner on the Knicks, he will playing as a stretch 4.

Also just in case you missed it his FG% has been declining every year since 2009-10 and last year was below 40%. His FG% from range fell off a cliff the last two years.

While I do believe he will be slightly better on the Knicks if Knicks' fans are expecting him to be any sort of difference maker you are living in fantasy land. Resigning Copeland would have been a much better option for your team.

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 08:52 PM
5 is about right. They're going to have to rely on JR a lil bit more this season which may not be good......

How on Earth will we have to rely on JR MORE this season than last?

TeamSeattle
07-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Knicks could get Rondo and they'd still be the 5th seed, I don't even care anymore what these guys think.

We went through this same ******* when Hollinger labeled us a 7th seed before last year and a majority of people were agreeing with that assessment.

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't think its a joke that people are calling us 5th, on paper it makes sense and people love paper arguments.

I do think its tremendously overstated how much the "improvement" from other teams is going to effect where the Knicks land. Knicks should have won 60 games last year but dealt with long term injuries to pretty much every starter and key reserves (3rd most injuries in the league). Knicks will be a very good regular season team again this year and I think they end up 2nd or 3rd but its not really a travesty for everyone to peg them 5th.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think its a joke that people are calling us 5th, on paper it makes sense and people love paper arguments.

I do think its tremendously overstated how much the "improvement" from other teams is going to effect where the Knicks land. Knicks should have won 60 games last year but dealt with long term injuries to pretty much every starter and key reserves (3rd most injuries in the league). Knicks will be a very good regular season team again this year and I think they end up 2nd or 3rd but its not really a travesty for everyone to peg them 5th.

That's hat I'm saying, who cares if we're a 5th seed cause last I check a 5th seed beat the nets without 3 of its best players.

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
That's hat I'm saying, who cares if we're a 5th seed cause last I check a 5th seed beat the nets without 3 of its best players.

LOL. Without its first and second string PG, without its all star SF, with its all star C on a minutes limit with plantar fascitis, with two of its key rotation guys throwing up on the sidelines. And the Nets shoot right to the top because of two 36 year olds while Knicks plummet. PSD for ya.

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Granger coming back doesn't exactly make Indiana better, he messes with Paul George's game, kinda like how Amare messes with Melo/Chandler on offense. Hibbert sucks during the season. Never averaged 13 points? 9 rebounds? or even shot over 50%? He isn't playing against Chris Bosh & Udonis Haslem 82 games. You guys can't seriously expect them to be better than us next year.

Btw guys, Felton missed a month last year,
Shumpert missed a huge chunk of games,
Melo missed 15 which is about a months worth,
Amare only played 29 games,
Chandler just played 66 games

JR Smith, Steve Novak, & Prigioni are the only guys that came close to playing all of the season. Chandler at times was the only big man active. All of those injuries and we finished 2nd seed.

Everyone is talking Brooklyn, Pierce & Garnett at those ages will not be as effective with a change of scenery. Deron Williams (without Sloan), Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, & Brook Lopez are all score first players and there is just one ball. Joe Johnson falls asleep completely at nights. You guys have no idea if Jason Kidd can coach at this point, I don't even understand how no one ever mentions this.

Look for Knicks to be at least 3rd seed

east fb knicks
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
lmao how about this I see the bulls as a 5th seed next year and I can live with a top 4 seed but nobody knows how rose will play next year they lost nate and have no back up 5 ther bench sucks idk why everybody is on ther dick

boboo73
07-24-2013, 09:24 PM

That basically sums it up.

However the Bulls were predicted a 5 seed at best when Thibs took over the reins. They finished with the best record in the NBA that year.

Point being is you dont know what really is going to happen in a season. If you were to take a guess I think your description is very reasonable.

roshan3ai
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYf7nHxm2gI

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYf7nHxm2gI

:laugh: these posters ain't from the hood so I doubt they'll understand

sep11ie
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM
You lost any chance of anyone taking this thread seriously with all the "BULLY" crap.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Closing because this isn't thread worthy.