PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller signs w/ Grizzlies

LTBaByyy
07-24-2013, 06:35 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Just confirmed: Mike Miller has indeed notified Grizzlies that he's Memphis-bound

TeamSeattle
07-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Good signing. They need more 3pt shooters on the team.

LTBaByyy
07-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Conley
Allen
Miller
Randolph
Gasol

6th man: Prince

That is a complete team

ManRam
07-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Conley
Allen
Miller
Randolph
Gasol

6th man: Prince

That is a complete team

I can't imagine Miller starts. Bring him off the bench for some scoring. He's not a starting caliber player anymore and he'll break down if he plays starter's minutes.

Good signing though. Shooting of the bench was a need.

b@llhog24
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Nice signing by the Grizz. They've been very quiet this offseason in comparison to other teams. But maybe that's a good thing? We'll see.

GunFactor187
07-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Back to his old stomping grounds, nice. Good signing.

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Who has a better squad Warriors or Grizzlies?

Curry>Conley
Thompson>Allen
Iguodala>Prince
Lee<Randolph
Bogut<Gasol

our bench>there bench

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 07:05 PM

Curry>Conley
Thompson>Allen
Iguodala>Prince
Lee<Randolph
Bogut<Gasol

our bench>there bench

GSW wins in player comparisons but Memphis has got great D and dominant post scoring, i see warriors having the better record.

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Dam though would of definitely helped OKC out

justinnum1
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
great signing.

kdspurman
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I thought this was the best fit for both sides once he was waived. Helps the Grizz for sure in terms of shooting

ManRam
07-24-2013, 07:33 PM

Curry>Conley
Thompson>Allen
Iguodala>Prince
Lee<Randolph
Bogut<Gasol

our bench>there bench

I think it's been well established that the "greater than, less than" game means nothing. You're inherently leaving out a TON of variables.

b@llhog24
07-24-2013, 07:37 PM
I think it's been well established that the "greater than, less than" game means nothing. You're inherently leaving out a TON of variables.

:nod:

SportsFanatic10
07-24-2013, 07:38 PM
good to see mike find a place on a good team that needs him. his shooting will help for sure on a team that desperate from the perimeter. #letitfly

J4KOP99
07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Hell play about 25 games for them including playoffs

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Good look for them. I'd still like to see them get one more shooter though.

naps
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Good job Miller. I am glad I can keep rooting for him. I would be disgusted if he picked teams I couldn't root for.

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Good look for them. I'd still like to see them get one more shooter though.

Grizz have signed two great shooters today, miller and claimed d-league star and sharpshooter josh akognon off waivers after Dallas released him

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I love this signing btw. Miller is a Memphis favorite, and it's only right he retires as a grizz after having some if his best years here

SteBO
07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Great signing for Memphis if they use him right.....the one thing Miami did a great job with when he was here was they used him as a secret weapon if the time called for it. Miller shouldn't be playing starters minutes considering his health, but in the spurts he does play he has game-changing abilities with his shooting and all-out hustle on both ends.

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Great signing for Memphis if they use him right.....the one thing Miami did a great job with when he was here was they used him as a secret weapon if the time called for it. Miller shouldn't be playing starters minutes considering his health, but in the spurts he does play he has game-changing abilities with his shooting and all-out hustle on both ends.

I see him in 10-15 mpg and maybe more if a double or triple team is in the post

FOBolous
07-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Good choice. They need him more than any other team. He'll get more of than he would with any other contender.

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 02:55 AM
If there was anyone Miami would want to win, that would be Memphis at this point. I think all Heat fans can agree, Mike is absolutely a joy to have. Plays his hardest every night and on some nights, a great defender, shooter, passer, rebounder, and has flashbacks of the old.

True Sports Fan
07-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Hell play about 25 games for them including playoffs

Him mainly playing in the postseason won't hurt Memphis. In the playoffs you need all the three point shooting, spacing you can get. Especially on a team like the Grizzlies. Great pickup

dwoyo
07-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Great signing for Memphis, now they have another square up shooter besides Pondexter they can dish the ball to.

We'll miss you here in Miami, Miller Light. Hoping for the best.

monty77
07-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Good move for Grizzlies regardless how much he cost. He returns to Memphis and there is no doubt he will be commited with this team. Besides, he is absolutely different to the other player who Grizz have at the same spot: T.Prince.

If he is healthy he still can shot good enough to reach 10 pts per game and Grizzlies need good shooters, Z.Randolph and M.Gasol apart, due to R.Gay departure half year ago. Mike Conley, Pondexter and Tony Allen don't stand out for their scoring skills.

Maybe Bayless is the best scorer of the small players in Memphis and it isn't enough to a contender team. I hope Mike overcomes his backache and becomes a good player again and I also hope the Heat misses him next year. If S.Battier retires and R.Allen decreases his performance the Heat could accuse the lack of outside shot.

If we considerer Conley as a decent shooter, along with Miller, the Grizzlies only must improve at the SG position. Only this way Memphis avoid being one of the worst teams at this sense taking account that T.Allen is the worst shooter at the SG positon in whole NBA as his shot range is the shorter without any doubt.

ATX
07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Wish Miller the best, well 2nd best if it comes down to it. Great to have been able to enjoy his stay in Miami. Hopefully he won't get anymore hate simply just because he was on the Heat. He doesn't deserve any of it. Despite his injuries, he always guts it out and gives his all. He will be missed in Miami, and Heat fans all wish him well.

Blitzbolt
07-25-2013, 11:40 AM
This will give gasol and zbo space in the playoffs and that"s all we need Tony Allen is the best but he only got 3 3s for the whole season last year.