PDA

View Full Version : Where will Wiggins go!?

dwoyo
07-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Andrew Wiggins as you know is the highest rated and talked about prospect since LeBron James' high school days. He's 6'8" 205 lbs, preparing for a one and done year at Kansas purely out of compliance to the rule that players can't get drafted out of high school. College or not, Wiggins is a surefire #1 pick. Wiggins is a franchise changer.

Question is, which franchise will Wiggins be changing? Lottery aside, feel free to write where you think he fits best. I agree with many of you when I say that I hate how the NBA runs a lottery for the draft. I'm not asking for where you think he's gonna go. I'm asking for where you think HE WOULD FIT BEST.
Here's my opinions for teams in the running:

Philadelphia Sixers - big city with rich basketball history, young players and assets to help kickstart his career. (MCW, Turner, Wiggins, Young, _____)
Orlando Magic - if Orlando is blessed with drafting him, the Magic will be running the East in the foreseeable future. Their young core will only be strengthened even more. (Oladipo, Harris, Wiggins, Davis, Vucevic)
Charlotte Hornets - i would love to see him go to Charlotte purely out of pity. But if he lands there, the revival of the success of the Hornets can come sooner than expected. (Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wiggins, Zeller, Jefferson)
Phoenix Suns - Wiggins would instantly make the team in the desert hotter, and with Bledsoe on board and Len developing, it's a potential Big 3 in the making. (Dragic, Bledsoe, Wiggins, Morris, Len)
Boston Celtics - This is strictly if Boston does decide to tank or to go for a 7-8 seed in the playoffs. Both can very well happen. But the smarter long term decision would definitely be to go for Wiggins. What do they got to lose that they haven't already? (Rondo, Bradley, Wiggins, Green, Sullinger)

In case you have no idea how good he is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsK-ZoL9sY

FYL_McVeezy
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Are you implying the the draft is rigged? :confused:

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Heat

Tony_Starks
Philly. They're in tank mode.

2-ONE-5
a little premature dont you think?

regardless hes coming to Philly

mdm692
07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Andrew Wiggins as you know is the highest rated and talked about prospect since LeBron James' high school days. He's 6'8" 205 lbs, preparing for a one and done year at Kansas purely out of compliance to the rule that players can't get drafted out of high school. College or not, Wiggins is a surefire #1 pick. Wiggins is a franchise changer.

Question is, which franchise will Wiggins be changing? Lottery aside, feel free to write where you think he fits best. Here's my opinion for each team in the running:

Philadelphia Sixers - big city with rich basketball history, young players and assets to help kickstart his career. (MCW, Turner, Wiggins, Young, _____)
Orlando Magic - if Orlando is blessed with drafting him, the Magic will be running the East in the foreseeable future. Their young core will only be strengthened even more. (Oladipo, Harris, Wiggins, Davis, Vucevic)
Charlotte Hornets - i would love to see him go to Charlotte purely out of pity. But if he lands there, the revival of the success of the Hornets can come sooner than expected. (Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wiggins, Zeller, Jefferson)
Phoenix Suns - Wiggins would instantly make the team in the desert hotter, and with Bledsoe on board and Len developing, it's a potential Big 3 in the making. (Dragic, Bledsoe, Wiggins, Morris, Len)
Boston Celtics - This is strictly if Boston does decide to tank or to go for a 7-8 seed in the playoffs. Both can very well happen. But the smarter long term decision would definitely be to go for Wiggins. What do they got to lose that they haven't already? (Rondo, Bradley, Wiggins, Green, Sullinger)

Don't forget Goodwin abd Marcus Morris.

ACanadian
07-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Raptors.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:00 PM
This thread is ridiculous... NBA runs a lottery... Doesn't make sense to even ask this question...

J4KOP99
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
The only way the nba forum can improve is if the mods take a harsh stance on ******** like this.

What good can possibly come out of this thread?

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
I'd say to whoever had the first pick

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
The only way the nba forum can improve is if the mods take a harsh stance on ******** like this.

What good can possibly come out of this thread?

X100

There's nothing this turns into besides a thread accusing the lottery of being rigged. Like I said NBA runs a lottery, and this doesn't have any discussion points whatsoever.

NYCkid12
07-24-2013, 03:12 PM
the ORlandoooooooooooooooo Magic

Pierzynski4Prez
07-24-2013, 03:13 PM
He will go to whoever wins the lottery.

naps
07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Ever heard of the lottery? Since you said he's a franchise player, he can change any franchise. What kind of stupid question is that? This thread makes NO sense whatsoever.

LAKobeBryant
07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Does he think wiggins is a FA?

NYCkid12
07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Andrew Wiggins

I wouldn't put Davis in Orlando's core by the way....we're going to look to move if him and get out of that contract if it all possible. Mo Harkless is more a part of that core than Davis

NYCkid12
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Ever heard of the lottery? Since you said he's a franchise player, he can change any franchise. What kind of stupid question is that? This thread makes NO sense whatsoever.

I believe he said "lottery aside" and asked where you thought he'd fit best

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Lakers haters have a tough season ahead.

Either they see Lakers make playoff and have to eat some crow....

or see them having the 10th best odds and still getting the 1st pick.

Pick your poison!!!!!!!

:D

jon32
07-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Raptors

dwoyo
07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't put Davis in Orlando's core by the way....we're going to look to move if him and get out of that contract if it all possible. Mo Harkless is more a part of that core than Davis

I was thinking the same a bit, but I was kind of skeptical to put in Harkless as the starting PF. Idk idk too much about the Magic to know if he's willing to play that position or not. With Harkless in that lineup they'd have the youngest and most promising lineup in the NBA

FYL_McVeezy
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM

Pick your poison!!!!!!!

As a Laker hater I would rather see the Lakers in the playoffs. They won't do much there anyways and Lakers would be better off as a franchise by tanking to get Wiggins or another lotto pick :D

smith&wesson
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Raptors.

+1

KnickaBocka.44
07-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I will laugh so damn hard if he decides stay in school for 2 years.

KnickaBocka.44
07-24-2013, 04:22 PM

Pick your poison!!!!!!!

Lakers are in for a whole lot of disappointment in the upcoming years if they keep thinking the league is going to save them.

Bruins2012
07-24-2013, 04:26 PM
I predict the Lakers will just make it into the lottery and even with the smallest mathematical chance they will end up "winning" the lottery thanks to some "help" from the new commish.

5ass
07-24-2013, 04:33 PM

Pick your poison!!!!!!!

Or the more likely scenario where none of the above happens and you look like an idiot.

5ass
07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I was thinking the same a bit, but I was kind of skeptical to put in Harkless as the starting PF. Idk idk too much about the Magic to know if he's willing to play that position or not. With Harkless in that lineup they'd have the youngest and most promising lineup in the NBA

Harris plays some PF for us, and Harkless usually plays both wing positions.
Also Noel would be the starting C for the 76ers.

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Hes not coming to toronto its time we all accept it, though nobody will until he's drafted by another team and were stuck in the middle of the pack. Only chance we get him is as a unrestricted free agent, so lets stop bringing it up for now, i beg you.

NYG+Braves
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
76ers...they got screwed eith the bynum trade and the league likes to help teams who get screwed. Look at the Cavs

Lakers Ghost
07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
76ers...they got screwed eith the bynum trade and the league likes to help teams who get screwed. Look at the Cavs

lakers did too... it was a gamble for all teams involved it wasnt like they didnt know bynum had some health problems or that howard might leave after the season.

lakers#1 pick

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 06:46 PM
lakers did too... it was a gamble for all teams involved it wasnt like they didnt know bynum had some health problems or that howard might leave after the season.

lakers#1 pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLFejch6iE

hahahhahahah( I can't stop laughing)

Is it me or lakers fans keep on getting delusionsal.

At the end of the day, its more and more like Canada is taking over. Back to Back first overall picks.

ManRam
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM
It's not even worth guessing at this point...

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
It's not even worth guessing at this point...

I totally agree...only time will tell.

Gators123
07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
What if Wiggins doesn't live up to the hype in college? Wasn't Shabazz supposed to be the next Kobe coming out of high school?

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
What if Wiggins doesn't live up to the hype in college? Wasn't Shabazz supposed to be the next Kobe coming out of high school?

majority of the time, the hype is legit

UPRock
07-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Milwaukee.

SportsFanatic10
07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
i think either the suns or 6ers.

FriedTofuz
07-24-2013, 08:30 PM
the league will change the lottery odds to the same thing, the raptors will just miss the playoffs and get the 1st overal pick :)

Six-8-TheWizard
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
The Raptors both for us and for him,

But seeing as that looks incredibly unlikely at this point I'd like to see him go to Phoenix if we can't get him

SINCESTARBURY25
07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
To the New York Knicks after we send Melo to the Raptors for the pick

#TANKANEWYORK2014

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 11:15 PM
To the New York Knicks after we send Melo to the Raptors for the pick

#TANKANEWYORK2014

You realize if you send us carmelo for our pick then our pick won't be worth anything cause melo will get us in the playoffs, plus we would have to give you rudy and you wouldn't tank either.

rockbottom2010
07-25-2013, 03:24 AM
the league will change the lottery odds to the same thing, the raptors will just miss the playoffs and get the 1st overal pick :)

your finally realizing the potential of Andrew Wiggins...

rockbottom2010
07-25-2013, 03:25 AM
this is why Canada is starting to rule in basketball.....

MTar786
07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
I wanna somehow see the Lakers get it but that's obviously not happening. So besides them I'd like to serve the captors get him. I wanna see them relevant again. I think it would be good for the nba. Toronto deserves someone to rep them rather than reminiscing the Vince Carter days. If they could get Wiggins then I see them making tons of changes and actually competing at a very high level year after year. If not Toronto then maybe the Charlotte hornets.maybe sac town too

dwoyo
07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Hes not coming to toronto its time we all accept it, though nobody will until he's drafted by another team and were stuck in the middle of the pack. Only chance we get him is as a unrestricted free agent, so lets stop bringing it up for now, i beg you.

I agree with you there, that's why I didn't write Toronto in. The Raptors I project will be a team that can gain a late lottery pick or even 8th playoff seed if they play exceptional. But of course, late lottery chances aren't enough for Wiggins.

LeperMessiah
07-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Question is, which franchise will Wiggins be changing? Lottery aside, feel free to write where you think he fits best. I agree with many of you when I say that I hate how the NBA runs a lottery for the draft. I'm not asking for where you think he's gonna go. I'm asking for where you think HE WOULD FIT BEST.
Here's my opinions for teams in the running:

A lot of that irrelevant since this is a lottery....

gwrighter
07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
He will eventually go to the Raptors & we'll start a dynasty with him and JV.

HouRealCoach
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I think Milwaukee Bucks

cdnsportsfan
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
How do you not even list the Raptors as a possibility?

If the team doesn't make the playoffs (even with Gay that's not a guarantee), using the 'rigged draft' theory the NBA will find a way to land Wiggins in TO. They already did it, you could say, with Rose - Bulls won first overall with the weakest odds ever as they should've landed the #9 pick that year. While I do agree it's a long shot the Raps get the first overall pick, and I'm not expecting to see him in a Raps jersey (unfortunately), I'm just saying that it shouldn't be counted out of the realm of possibility when you see James landing in Cleveland (most understandable that year) and Rose landing in Chicago (very lucky somewhat questionable draft led to that one!)

But if the question is how would Wiggins fit in TO? I'd say quite well, taking over for Gay at the 3 and paired alongside Val, Amir Johnson, and a core that's getting younger rather than older right now. Toronto still has some mighty bad contracts but so far the new GM Ujiri hasn't made that any worse, and is even starting to lighten the load that Colangelo accumulated.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2013, 11:19 AM
you Raptors fans are so desperate is kinda comical at this point. The league doesnt rig the lottery and you will be a mid-late lottery team at worst. The kid said he would like to play for his hometown team what else did u expect him to say when he was asked that question? Its not like he said he will refuse to paly for other teams either. Hope you guys enjoy watching him torch you for the next decade in a SIXERS uniform!

HowFit
07-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Is the draft next week?

Aust
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Not the Lakers because, you know, we'll try to "contend" this year :facepalm:

astonmartin10
07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
He's coming home!!

FriedTofuz
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
you Raptors fans are so desperate is kinda comical at this point. The league doesnt rig the lottery and you will be a mid-late lottery team at worst. The kid said he would like to play for his hometown team what else did u expect him to say when he was asked that question? Its not like he said he will refuse to paly for other teams either. Hope you guys enjoy watching him torch you for the next decade in a SIXERS uniform!

so you think tanking for the worst record in the league will get you wiggins? how often does the worst team in the nba get gifted the #1 pick? keep dreaming, He's going to the lakers, celtics or raptors.

krazylegz
07-25-2013, 08:31 PM
cavs will do what they do best and tank to get wiggins!!

I Rock Shaqs
07-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Where will he go??
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOONNN!!!! Over Toronto.

zB_#85
07-25-2013, 11:27 PM
No one knows, time will tell. Quit guessing and get lives.

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Philidephia is gonna trade us their first for Rudy Gay..Your Gm told me this personally.

NYMetropolitans
07-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Obviously it's way too early to tell if 1. he will remain the top pick (injury, vast underperformance) 2. who's gonna get the first pick even if you think you know who will have the worst record.

With that being said I think it would COOL to see Wiggins with his home country team in the Raptors or starting off the rebranding of the Bobcats to the Hornets right with Wiggins---a potential franchise corner stone.

TorontoHuskies
07-25-2013, 11:53 PM
If Wiggins doesn`t end up on Toronto I want him on the Cavs...Then I want the league to move them to Montreal.

ACanadian
07-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Ew no, maybe Vancouver. Probably one of the best places in North America beside Toronto.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2013, 03:03 AM
he's going to the lakers man

Raps18-19 Champ
07-26-2013, 03:04 AM
To the team that wins the lottery.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Ew no, maybe Vancouver. Probably one of the best places in North America beside Toronto.

Your a dumb *** Montreal is an amazing city(i'm not from there either), and Vancouver already had a chance. Just curious where you from?

PHX2daDEATH
07-26-2013, 07:59 AM
its hard to predict where he'll go because ..you never know who's going to go down with an injury...Duncan and Parker could miss the season and SA gets the first pick..alls I know is I'm hoping the Suns win the lottery...we're due as a franchise to get that #1 pick...we can have Wiggins for five years before he's lowballed by Sarver then signs with NY Or LA or Toronto..I just see the Suns has the worse team in the West..and might be worse then the 76ers who are the east's worse..

ACanadian
07-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Your a dumb *** Montreal is an amazing city(i'm not from there either), and Vancouver already had a chance. Just curious where you from?

Oshawa.
I'm not saying Montreal is a bad city, it's just.... a little French. Most Americans don't know how to even spell French correct let alone speak/understand it therefore it's a invalid thought.

todu82
07-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Charlotte.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
lakers man

NYCkid12
07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
No one knows, time will tell. Quit guessing and get lives.

Ironic statemment from someone who has 6000+ posts on an online forum

2-ONE-5
07-26-2013, 02:44 PM
so you think tanking for the worst record in the league will get you wiggins? how often does the worst team in the nba get gifted the #1 pick? keep dreaming, He's going to the lakers, celtics or raptors.

wait so the Lakers are more likely to land Wiggins then the Sixers? and you just told me to keep dreaming? get the **** outta here with that nonsense

JWorthy42
07-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Raptors/Suns/Jazz/Orlando?

ACanadian
07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Raptors/Suns/Jazz/Orlando?

That's the spirit!
however, remove the Suns/Jazz/Orlando and you're on the money.

JWorthy42
07-26-2013, 04:27 PM
That's the spirit!
however, remove the Suns/Jazz/Orlando and you're on the money.

:laugh2:

I am sure you'd love that.

Guppyfighter
07-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Suns.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Oshawa.
I'm not saying Montreal is a bad city, it's just.... a little French. Most Americans don't know how to even spell French correct let alone speak/understand it therefore it's a invalid thought.

They all speak english in Montreal anyway (it's not like Quebec city)..If your someone with a bunch of money there's probably no better place to be. I have no french in me and Montreal is probably my favourite city (with Vancouver area second).

MDD
07-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Can we wait into the guy plays a game in the nba or college before we call him a franchise changer

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 08:25 PM
he wont go any where. he will stay right here in canada

He will then leave in free agency and become a superstar for another team. sorta like tmac.

ACanadian
07-26-2013, 10:26 PM
They all speak english in Montreal anyway (it's not like Quebec city)..If your someone with a bunch of money there's probably no better place to be. I have no french in me and Montreal is probably my favourite city (with Vancouver area second).

They 'all' speak English? It's in Quebec, I highly doubt it.

NJrockPD
07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
What franchise has the most to gain should be the question and I'm sure the lottery will grant that team the #1 pick.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 11:03 PM
They 'all' speak English? It's in Quebec, I highly doubt it.

They speak both French and English, I don't think you can grow up in Montreal and not know how to speak English...Just look at Mcgill university it's probably Canada's best school and they teach everything in English and it's right in Montreal. You're not going to go to Montreal and find out you can't buy something or whatever because you speak English. You might have problems getting certain jobs that require you to be bilingual, but an NBA player would already have a job so it wouldn't matter.

TorontoHuskies
07-26-2013, 11:05 PM
What franchise has the most to gain should be the question and I'm sure the lottery will grant that team the #1 pick.

Well that's Toronto by far so i'll see you in the spring/summer Wiggins...

3RDASYSTEM
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll bet anybody anything that DISNEY gets the first pick

ORLANDO that is

NJrockPD
07-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Well that's Toronto by far so i'll see you in the spring/summer Wiggins...

I'm thinking the Celtics. They just disassembled their big 3 but they are too popular a team to rebuild for too long.

TorontoHuskies
07-27-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm thinking the Celtics. They just disassembled their big 3 but they are too popular a team to rebuild for too long.

Wiggins would do more for the NBA in Toronto than anywhere else..Look at all the players coming out of Canada (Toronto especially) just because of Carter, now imagine the impact a player from Toronto who will likely be better than Carter would have. Honestly if Toronto somehow gets Wiggins his impact on Canada will probably lead to NBA franchises in Montreal and Vancouver within the next 10 years. Also, is Boston really gonna be disappointed if they land a guy like Jabari Parker instead (he`d fit them better too since he plays kind of like pierce).

True Sports Fan
07-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Kings... Vasquez - McLemore - Wiggins - Thompson - Cousins :drool: then a solid bench featuring Landry, Thomas, Thornton and Patterson

Sixerlover
07-28-2013, 12:27 AM

Disagree. They spent the entire 90s and early 2000's not being a championship contender.

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 03:50 AM
It's gonna be the lakers. We're going to make the playoffs yet during the season we'll dupe another lotto team to take their pick.

With the worst odds possible, lakers will land the first overall pick.

Stern owes us and it'll be good for the nba when the lakers are one of the top teams to be in contention.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Lakersa fans are the worst in here.

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Lakersa fans are the worst in here.

What a hasty generalisation dude come on.

Especially if Nash or gasol go down again next season and we end up in the lottery, we'll have a chance at wiggins.

dtmagnet
07-28-2013, 03:02 PM
It's gonna be the lakers. We're going to make the playoffs yet during the season we'll dupe another lotto team to take their pick.

Stern owes us and it'll be good for the nba when the lakers are one of the top teams to be in contention.

No one cares about the Lakers, enjoy the basement.

True Sports Fan
07-28-2013, 03:19 PM

What does Stern owe you for? Not rigging you another championship? :facepalm: **** like this is why lakers receive a bad name. And if you are talking about cp3 he would've left anyways after playing with Kobe

XerxestheGreat
07-28-2013, 03:27 PM
No one cares about the Lakers, enjoy the basement.

your right they only fill seats in just about every arena they play in, and with revenue sharing they pay for all the crappy little teams in crappy little cities that think cause they the made the playoffs last year they are all of a sudden a better organization. if it wasn't for the LA and NY your teams would go bankrupt. you should be thanking us HA!

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I just saw a tweet from Wiggins that was quickly deleted saying "**** every team in the NBA that's not the Raptors. I'm just going to leave and goto Toronto when my contract is up"

lol, please
07-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Other. (Warriors)

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
What a hasty generalisation dude come on.

Especially if Nash or gasol go down again next season and we end up in the lottery, we'll have a chance at wiggins.

IF. i feel like i shouldnt have to tell a lakers fan that playing for lotto is now how they operate

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Why would any American team want him he already said he wants to be a Raptor which means he'll leave whoever drafts him when his contract is up. Why not pick a guy like Jabari or Randle instead since there's an actual chance you'll be able to keep them.

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 04:35 PM
The Lakers have like a 5% chance of getting Wiggins, honestly. Maybe even less.

Pipe dream.

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 04:36 PM
IF. i feel like i shouldnt have to tell a lakers fan that playing for lotto is now how they operate

If I was a fan of any other team you would not have said what you said. It's uncalled for and needs to be stopped seriously.

We never play for a lottery but that doesn't mean no team is for sure exempt of it. Nor does it mean we can't trade for a lotto pick ourselves.

Look how we drafted magic and worthy for example. It's not totally unbelievable bit of course it's a long shot.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
exactly what do u have that can land u a lotto pick?

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Why would any American team want him he already said he wants to be a Raptor which means he'll leave whoever drafts him when his contract is up. Why not pick a guy like Jabari or Randle instead since there's an actual chance you'll be able to keep them.

LOL i love the desperation from your fan base its quite comical

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 05:20 PM
exactly what do u have that can land u a lotto pick?

Right now not much. If we overachieve during the regular season we have a shot at landing something. How did we get gasol? Idk it's up to management and other teams to work something out.

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 05:49 PM
LOL i love the desperation from your fan base its quite comical

Damn straight we're desperate Wiggins is basically the only thing that could turn this franchise and it's endless mediocrity around. Seriously, he's just gonna leave when he gets the chance, so all you Americans should tell your owners that you don't want Wiggins! You want Jabari! Yea! Also, Wiggins doesn't like the media so he will be able to hide from Espn, etc in Toronto.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
i hope you enjoy your 8 year wait for him. Also cant wait til Parker eats up him up when they face off

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Right now not much. If we overachieve during the regular season we have a shot at landing something. How did we get gasol? Idk it's up to management and other teams to work something out.

by trading a player that ended up better the him? you didnt get a lotto pick in the best draft in a decade either.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
If I was a fan of any other team you would not have said what you said. It's uncalled for and needs to be stopped seriously.

We never play for a lottery but that doesn't mean no team is for sure exempt of it. Nor does it mean we can't trade for a lotto pick ourselves.

Look how we drafted magic and worthy for example. It's not totally unbelievable bit of course it's a long shot.

what the **** are u talking about? how many times have the Lakers been in the lottery the last 20 years?

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 06:29 PM
i hope you enjoy your 8 year wait for him. Also cant wait til Parker eats up him up when they face off

Jabari sucks Wiggins was walking around him like he wasn't even there at the hoop summit. Also, Randle owned Jabari when they played eachother in highschool and Wiggins killed Randle. Randle should be #2 not jabari.

Randle vs Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYmArHuRAHA

Wiggins vs Randle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpwWYw7lvc

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
by trading a player that ended up better the him? you didnt get a lotto pick in the best draft in a decade either.

If you're referring to the '03 draft then who the hell needs a lotto pick when you have shaq an Kobe?

Tmath
07-28-2013, 06:55 PM

:crazy:

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Jabari sucks Wiggins was walking around him like he wasn't even there at the hoop summit. Also, Randle owned Jabari when they played eachother in highschool and Wiggins killed Randle. Randle should be #2 not jabari.

Randle vs Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYmArHuRAHA

Wiggins vs Randle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpwWYw7lvc

your going off a few games to determine all that and u cant be serious saying Jabari sucks u do know he was #1 til Wiggins re classed right? troll harder

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
your going off a few games to determine all that and u cant be serious saying Jabari sucks u do know he was #1 til Wiggins re classed right? troll harder

I was exaggerating a bit but he does suck compared to wiggins. Jabari's got a good shot but he's an awful defender and isn't very athletic.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2013, 08:01 PM
if projections hold true, he will go to whichever team wins the lottery.

Thread.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 08:01 PM
awful defender? hes a good defender and hes a good athlete just not on a another planet with it like Wiggins. Parker may have more tools and better all around game by the time the season ends. thats not what this thread is about tho its about Raptors fans going nuts bcuz Wiggins said he would like to play for them but never taking into consideration that maybe he would want to end his career in Toronto? never said he wants to be drafted by em or spend his prime years there....

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=ArmLaker;26779436]If you're referring to the '03 draft then who the hell needs a lotto pick when you have shaq an Kobe?[/QUOTE

]your not going to trade for a lotto pick. you have no assets, deal with it

FriedTofuz
07-28-2013, 08:22 PM
just close this thread.

TorontoHuskies
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
awful defender? hes a good defender and hes a good athlete just not on a another planet with it like Wiggins. Parker may have more tools and better all around game by the time the season ends. thats not what this thread is about tho its about Raptors fans going nuts bcuz Wiggins said he would like to play for them but never taking into consideration that maybe he would want to end his career in Toronto? never said he wants to be drafted by em or spend his prime years there....

Jabari is pretty bad defensively have you actually watched him play in a real game? Also, Wiggins said both he wanted to play for the Raptors and be drafted by them watch the video below skip to 2:14 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24eFIrSdprg

ArmLaker
07-28-2013, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=ArmLaker;26779436]If you're referring to the '03 draft then who the hell needs a lotto pick when you have shaq an Kobe?[/QUOTE

]your not going to trade for a lotto pick. you have no assets, deal with it

That remains to be seen.

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 08:56 PM
name an asset on the Lakers that can get u a lotto pick?

i will wait

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Jabari is pretty bad defensively have you actually watched him play in a real game? Also, Wiggins said both he wanted to play for the Raptors and be drafted by them watch the video below skip to 2:14 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24eFIrSdprg

Yes i've seen Parker and hes fine on D and hes going to get A LOT better playin for Coach K at Duke.

As for Wiggins u people need to give it a rest, players say this stuff all the time. I mean **** what did u expect him to say, no?

2-ONE-5
07-28-2013, 08:58 PM
just close this thread.

good idea this way Lakers fans can stop embarrassing themselves

FriedTofuz
07-28-2013, 09:28 PM

there are some brainless laker fans who dont know **** about the team and expect to just get miracles just because pau gasol was given to us at the time for " garbage' even though years later when we saw how capable marc gasol was, a lot of us reconsider.

DR_1
07-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Stern's going away gift will be to rig him to the Lakers

DR_1
07-28-2013, 11:22 PM

:laugh2: Says the Philadelphia fan

Byronicle
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
probably the Suns, they look terrible

eventually in his career, he will end up as a Toronto Raptor though

ACanadian
07-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Andrew Wiggins is better then Jonas Valanciunas. I want Wiggins on my team since he is good and Valanciunas is good.

That's saying a lot.

TrueFan420
07-29-2013, 02:16 AM

To be fair the laker fan he is arguing with is talking non-sense. He believes the lakers have the pieces to trade for a lotto pick and turn that into wiggins.

TorontoHuskies
07-29-2013, 05:18 AM

well right now Philadelphia is the worst team in the league on paper so he can talk for now. But the NBA is a horrible product so Wiggins will probably actually will end up on LA or Toronto because that would make them the most money. If Toronto acquires any potential top 5 pick i'd bet you my left nut he'll end up there, all the NBA needs is for Toronto to create a believable scenario. You have to remember this is a league where lebron ended up in cleveland, rose in chicago, kobe in LA and where refs gamble on their own games.

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 09:52 AM
how cant Wiggins in Philly make a lot of money? we are the 4th largest market and have as rich of a history as anyone in the league

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 09:53 AM

way to follow the conversation. i didnt know i was out of line for thinking my bottom 3 team ahs a great shot at Wiggins and the team LA has nothing that can land them a lotto pick in a trade. What am I thinking!

TorontoHuskies
07-29-2013, 10:31 AM
how cant Wiggins in Philly make a lot of money? we are the 4th largest market and have as rich of a history as anyone in the league

I'm not saying Philly is a bad city for him at all i'm just saying because the guy is from Toronto he would be way more marketable in Toronto than Philly so it would be in the league's best nterest to put him in Toronto (just like they put Rose,and lebron in their home towns). Also, Toronto probably has a larger fan base than philly because although it's is about the same size as Philidelphia in terms on metro population it's the only team in Canada so it gets nationwide support on top of citywide, whereas Philly`s fan base probably doesn`t go much further than Pennsylvania does it?

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 11:17 AM
the league didnt put Rose and James on their teams. The Cavs were (tied) the worst team in the league and won the lotto. The Bulls were a but of a long shot but its not like Rose was on the same level as James as a prospect.

Philly fan base stretches through South NJ as well, Philly sports are known to have fans for all our teams all over the country too. As for Wiggins if he lives up to the hype the league will benfit no matter where he goes.

I'm having a hard time telling if your just trolling at this point since the thread is all but dead or if you honestly beelive Wiggins will force his way to the Raptors?

TorontoHuskies
07-29-2013, 11:40 AM
the league didnt put Rose and James on their teams. The Cavs were (tied) the worst team in the league and won the lotto. The Bulls were a but of a long shot but its not like Rose was on the same level as James as a prospect.

Philly fan base stretches through South NJ as well, Philly sports are known to have fans for all our teams all over the country too. As for Wiggins if he lives up to the hype the league will benfit no matter where he goes.

I'm having a hard time telling if your just trolling at this point since the thread is all but dead or if you honestly beelive Wiggins will force his way to the Raptors?

a bit of both haha. I don't think he'll force his way to the Raptors because he doesn't have that ***hole attitude that guys like Kobe have but I think he'll leave from whoever drafts him to the Raptors when the time comes.

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 12:07 PM
that could take 8 years tho lol

FriedTofuz
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
If wiggins goes to the raptors, torontos market and stock will rise tremendously, and they're already a top nba market. Any team that wiggins go to will inflate the market for sure.. so I wouldnt be surprised if a team like the bucks get pitty.

TorontoHuskies
07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
that could take 8 years tho lol

Do you have to sign a 4 year deal when you're an RFA?

TorontoHuskies
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
If wiggins goes to the raptors, torontos market and stock will rise tremendously, and they're already a top nba market. Any team that wiggins go to will inflate the market for sure.. so I wouldnt be surprised if a team like the bucks get pitty.

The problem with the Raptors is that our fans never punish the owners for putting out a poor product. We come out no matter what, just last year we averaged over 18,000 fans with a record of 34-48, and in 2010 we averaged 17,897 with a record of 22-60...Now compare that to a Team like the Heat when they didn't have all the star power they couldn't even average 16,000 a game for like 4 straight years in the early 2000's. They are completely unworthy of players like James, just a ****y bandwagon franchise (it's pretty much the same with all professional sports teams in Florida actually).

FriedTofuz
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
well toronto has fans from all over canada. it's practically because it's the only canadian team. so peopel from all over, support their raptors

DR_1
07-29-2013, 02:48 PM
way to follow the conversation. i didnt know i was out of line for thinking my bottom 3 team ahs a great shot at Wiggins and the team LA has nothing that can land them a lotto pick in a trade. What am I thinking!

This has nothing to do with Wiggins. I was laughing that a Philly fan would have the nerve to call out another city's fanbase.

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
This has nothing to do with Wiggins. I was laughing that a Philly fan would have the nerve to call out another city's fanbase.

You have a problem with Philly?

insert uninformed stereotypical comment here

the avenger
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Phoenix will have the worst record...