PDA

View Full Version : next years awards, who will win them?

bstnfn34
07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
who will win the awards next season?
MVP
6th man
ROY
Defensive player
Most improved
COY

my guesses
MVP-Durant
6th man-JR smith
ROY-Kelly Olynyk (I know everyone is going to complain but hes going to be getting huge minutes if not starting, cant say that about many rookies this year)
Defensive player-Anthony Davis
Most Improved- Jeff Green
COY-J.Kidd

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Chris Paul will finally win a well deserved Oscar.

Twins Fanatic
07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
MVP- LeBron
6th - Danny Granger
ROY- Oladipo or Trey Burke
DPOY- D12
MIP- Jeff Green or Kawhi Leonard
COY- Adelman or Brown, pending healthy teams and making the playoff

hidalgo
07-24-2013, 04:04 PM
now I have nothing against Lebron whatsoever(probably my fav player now days), but I think it's time they give him the Jordan treatment on the MVP, & give it to Durant or someone else for a few years. because it's not really fair to MJ to give it to Lebron each time he deserves it, yet they screwed MJ out of it at least 3 times(he should have at least 8)

could see LeBron getting DPOTY. he's on par with MJ & Scottie on defense

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
MVP- Steph Curry/Durant (I know curry is a long shot but if GSW has the record to back it up its possible)
6th- Tyreke Evans
ROY- Oladipo
DPOY- Lebron
MIP-Wall
COY- Jackson

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
MVP- D Rose
DPOY- Hibbert
ROY- Burke
MIP- Parsons
6th- J Crawford
COY- Doc Rivers

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
i dont see doc winning coach of the year, not enough room for improvement to impress over some of the other coaches. I think COY is a flawed award like that.

boboo73
07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
MVP- Steph Curry/Durant (I know curry is a long shot but if GSW has the record to back it up its possible)
6th- Tyreke Evans
ROY- Oladipo
DPOY- Lebron
MIP-Wall
COY- Jackson

I am essentially on the same page. I think Durant over Curry.
We would have to wait to see what the Pelicans do with Gordon. I still think he may be traded and Tyreke would start, therefore making him ineligible for 6th man of the year.

COY Jackson or McHale.

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I am essentially on the same page. I think Durant over Curry.
We would have to wait to see what the Pelicans do with Gordon. I still think he may be traded and Tyreke would start, therefore making him ineligible for 6th man of the year.

COY Jackson or McHale.

ya im assuming gordon stays because i heard he's willing to commit to the team now, also assuming he gets the start over Evans. Jackson and McHale were my final two choices as well but i give the edge to Jackson because his teams improvements wont be because of an added superstar.

boboo73
07-24-2013, 04:39 PM
ya im assuming gordon stays because i heard he's willing to commit to the team now, also assuming he gets the start over Evans. Jackson and McHale were my final two choices as well but i give the edge to Jackson because his teams improvements wont be because of an added superstar.

Could you argue the addition of Iggy would diminish Jackson's team improvement (assuming they improve obviously)?

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:46 PM
It wouldn't play as large a role for GS as it would for Houston. I think defensive improvements could be credited to iggy over the coach but overall Jackson still has a young team on his hands and keeping them focused enough to improve their play and their record would win him the COY award IMO.

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
MVP: LeBron James
6th man: Harrison Barnes
ROY: Vicotr Oladipo
Defensive player: Dwight Howard
Most improved: Kevin Martin
COY: Frank Vogel

mdm692
07-24-2013, 04:51 PM
MVP - Derrick Rose
DPOY - Dwight Howard
6th Man - JR Smith
COY - Kevin McHale
MIP - Derrick Favors
ROY - Cody Zeller

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 04:55 PM
MVP - Derrick Rose
DPOY - Dwight Howard
6th Man - JR Smith
COY - Kevin McHale
MIP - Derrick Favors
ROY - Cody Zeller

Im sure Utah is praying for Favors to get MIP. He's got a good chance, this is definitely the year he needs to prove himself.

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Favors is looking more and more like a bust. I'm sure when they traded D Will for him they were expecting more than a great defensive center with a limited offensive game. If he doesn't produce this year, that was a bad trade for Utah.

slaker619
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
MVP - LBJ(Hate to say it -.-)
6th man - JR
ROY - Victor Oladipo
Defensive player - Josh Smith/Howard/LBJ(Hate to say it again)
Most improved - Wall/Favors
COY - McHale

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 05:22 PM
i dont see doc winning coach of the year, not enough room for improvement to impress over some of the other coaches. I think COY is a flawed award like that.

True it's flawed but if he can get them the best record in the west I think he gets it. On paper that seems very do-able. They have a better roster than last year and they were very good then with essentially no offense...

tp13baby
07-24-2013, 05:38 PM
MVP-Lebron
6th man- Granger
ROY- Trey Burke
DPOY- Howard
MIP-Javale McGee
COY- McHale

Dade County
07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
MVP: D Wade
6th man: as of right now, I am not sure
ROY: C.J. McCollum
Defensive player: Ibaka
Most improved: Idk
COY: Jason Kidd... ( If the HEAT go for the bulls win & loss record, and get anywhere near it, Spo win Coy)

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Wade MVP? LOL

mdm692
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Im sure Utah is praying for Favors to get MIP. He's got a good chance, this is definitely the year he needs to prove himself.

He's got all the tools and the perfect opportunity. If he doesn't succeed it's on him only.

mdm692
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
MVP: D Wade
6th man: as of right now, I am not sure
ROY: C.J. McCollum
Defensive player: Ibaka
Most improved: Idk
COY: Jason Kidd... ( If the HEAT go for the bulls win & loss record, and get anywhere near it, Spo win Coy)
:laugh:. That boat sailed a loooooooooooooooong time ago.

Legendary33
07-24-2013, 07:13 PM
:laugh:. That boat sailed a loooooooooooooooong time ago.

Question: everyones been ripping on wade lately saying he's not the same player he once was, if he proved everyone wrong and had a career year would he be considered for Most Improved??

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
absolutely, but it aint gonna happen

mdm692
07-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Question: everyones been ripping on wade lately saying he's not the same player he once was, if he proved everyone wrong and had a career year would he be considered for Most Improved??
To have a career year he would basically need totake posessions away from LeBron. If the Heat want to do that then sure

RiceOnTheRun
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
MVP
6th man
ROY
Defensive player
Most improved
COY

my guesses
MVP-Durant
6th man-JR smith
ROY-Kelly Olynyk (I know everyone is going to complain but hes going to be getting huge minutes if not starting, cant say that about many rookies this year)
COY-J.Kidd

I don't understand some of your picks too well.

JR is great and all, but to repeat as 6th man of the year, he'd have to be even better than last year, and by a significant margin too. Somewhere around 20/5/5 with a relatively decent efficiency would be my guess. I just don't see the media voting for him two years in a row if he doesn't show improvement from last year.

Olynyk is possible, dude looked great in Summer league and you never know what can happen in rookie years. Davis was the clear cut favorite last year and nobody could've predicted Lillard would break out like he did.

Davis as DPOY? That's a real stretch with guys like Hibbert and Howard out there. Hibbert is the likely favorite in my opinion, edging out Dwight simply because it'd be his first time winning it.

As for me though,

MVP - Lebron. Still the favorite based off recent history, but this could be KD's year as well.
6th man - I'm thinking Harrison Barnes, if he does end up being the 6th man for the Warriors.
RoY - Up for grabs really, but most of the time, guards develop quicker so their rookie seasons are generally better. I'll have to go with Oladipo for this one.
Most Improved - Derrick Favors
CoY - It usually goes to coaches that pull off unexpected success rather than the actual best coaches, so I'll have to go with Frank Vogel for this one.

I Rock Shaqs
07-24-2013, 08:31 PM
MVP: Dwight Howard
6th man: Anthony Bennett
ROY: Victor Oladipo
DPOY: Dwight Howard or Hibbert
MIP: Javale Mcgee or John Wall.
COY: Who cares.

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
MVP
6th man
ROY
Defensive player
Most improved
COY

my guesses
MVP-Durant
6th man-JR smith
COY-J.Kidd

I like your Olynyk pick. I think Cs will surprise some people now that they have a young team capable of running with Rondo. Wouldn't be surprised to see Brad Stevens up there with COY and Rondo up there with MVP voting (I think CP3 wins it next year).

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 08:51 PM
MIP = Andre Drummond.

NBA-GMaster
07-24-2013, 08:56 PM
MVP: Chris Paul
6th man: Ray Allen
ROY: Cody Zeller
Defensive player: LeBron James
Most improved: Eric Bledsoe
COY: Kevin McHale

boboo73
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM
MIP: Anyone think Cousins stands a chance at this? He has some great games now but if he lived up to his potential/ability and was consistent for the year then his overall improvement could be pretty staggering.

Bmoss12
07-24-2013, 09:31 PM
MVP: Derron Williams
6th man: Harrison Barnes or Austin Rivers
ROY: Micheal Carter Williams
Defensive player: Larry Sanders
Most improved: Andre Drummond
COY: Monty Williams

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Bledsoe was a good call for MIP.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2013, 02:36 AM
MVP: Dwight Howard
6th man: Anthony Bennett
ROY: Victor Oladipo
DPOY: Dwight Howard or Hibbert
MIP: Javale Mcgee or John Wall.
COY: Who cares.

You must think very highly of D12. I don't believe anyone has got both MVP and DPOY since Jordan.

I would think Lebron would pull that off before D12.....

OceanSpray
07-25-2013, 02:59 AM
MVP LeBron
6th man Joe Johnson
ROY Victor
Defensive player Dwight
Most improved Is it fair to pick Rose? Hah
COY Think Spoelstra should get one. 3 straight NBA finals, regular season credentials, well respected, etc., It'd be a travesty if he didn't win one.

EL_MACHETE
07-25-2013, 03:17 AM
MVP-- Kevin Durant
6th man-- Reggie Jackson
ROY-- Kelly Olynyk
Defensive player--Serge Ibaka
Most improved-- Jeff Green
COY-- ( Rivers / Kidd / Jackson )

rockbottom2010
07-25-2013, 03:20 AM
MVP- LeBron
6th - Danny Granger
ROY- Oladipo or Trey Burke
DPOY- D12
MIP- Jeff Green or Kawhi Leonard
COY- Adelman or Brown, pending healthy teams and making the playoff

this is more realistic compared to the person who created this thread

rockbottom2010
07-25-2013, 03:22 AM
You must think very highly of D12. I don't believe anyone has got both MVP and DPOY since Jordan.

I would think Lebron would pull that off before D12.....

LOL on the D12 comment....just LOL

ztilzer31
07-25-2013, 03:29 AM
MVP-Kevin Durant
6th man-Norris Cole
ROY-Ben McLemore
Defensive player-Lebron James
Most improved-Eric Bledsoe
COY-Doc Rivers

Probably should be LBJ as MVP, but I think the voters will be looking to give it to someone else. Seems to be a something that happens pretty consistently historically.

LBJ needs to win a DPOY. It's a crime a group of "basketball experts" think Marc Gasol has a bigger impact on defense than Lebron James.