PDA

View Full Version : Report: Melo & George not inclined to go to the Lakers

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:02 AM
CAN A MOD CHANGE THE TITLE TO "Melo and George not inclined to go to the lakers"

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=259641

Anthony was leaving Craig's in Hollywood this week when we asked straight up if he could see himself in purple and gold after his contract with the Knicks runs out.

CA's response? "Ummmmm I doubt it." -

Edit:

On Paul George:

Also: "I'm happy to be in Indiana," George said. "I'm happy to be where I am. If I was going to leave Indiana and come to the Lakers, it just wouldn't be a smart move for me. We got a great thing going right now."

The hits just keep coming. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--wi...015312324.html

ewmania
07-24-2013, 11:03 AM
i never thought he was .... but i'll sit here and get ready for the melo bashers to say how they never wanted him in the first place

FYL_McVeezy
07-24-2013, 11:04 AM
So Stephen A, about that report from last week...................

Chronz
07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Is this really thread worthy? What else would you expect him to say?

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
As I always saw once the reports started to leak out...

Why would Anthony want to go to the Lakers?
Why would Lebron want to go to the Lakers?

Anthony is with his favorite/childhood team. He's in a big market. Knicks can make big changes in 2015 if current group can't win it all. Unless things go spectacularly horrid in ny this season, he won't leave.

Lebron...I just don't know why'd he leave a team that made it to the finals 3 straight times. Plus, they got cap flexibility at the end of the year.

The lakers only got this whole "we're the lakers! Plus, we have cap next season" as their arguments. But the Knicks and heat both have good cap situations in the near future too.

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM

I don't think it's thread worthy IMO... But considering that for THREE straight reports of melo (or Lebron) could go to the lakers were put up week after week, I was just like, ok, this is meaningful

Edit:

And the thing is that this is pretty damn straight forward. The politically correct wording that would have left wiggle room (and hope) would be something like what Paul George said. George went out and never said no. He just said "we have a good situation in Indy".

But melo's words are pretty direct.

IndyRealist
07-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Also: "I'm happy to be in Indiana," George said. "I'm happy to be where I am. If I was going to leave Indiana and come to the Lakers, it just wouldn't be a smart move for me. We got a great thing going right now."

The hits just keep coming. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--will-lakers-appeal-to-paul-george--015312324.html

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 11:18 AM
These players are under contract with their teams. Are they supposed to say "oh yeah I can't wait to get to LA!"

ll_eric_ll
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Question is, why would anyone want to go to tha lakers?

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM
These players are under contract with their teams. Are they supposed to say "oh yeah I can't wait to get to LA!"

As I said earlier....it's. Ore about how melo answered. It was a straight up no.

George, on the other hand, gave the politically correct wording that allows helakers to have hope he'd go there

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Team needs to rebuild and you know they got pedigree and fame. You can go there and hope to reignite things.

Kinda like the Knicks in 2010. Amare himself reignited the franchise. 1 free agent can do wonders.

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 11:22 AM

since your the only laker who posted this thread, the lakers are ****ed.

IndyRealist
07-24-2013, 11:28 AM

No, they say the PC thing, "I'll deal with it when I'm a free agent" "I love my team, but basketball is a business" or even "I don't get into that, my agent handles all of that".

In fact, their agents are probably yelling at them for NOT giving a neutral response. It hurts their bargaining position with the current teams.

jimm120
07-24-2013, 11:35 AM
No, they say the PC thing, "I'll deal with it when I'm a free agent" "I love my team, but basketball is a business" or even "I don't get into that, my agent handles all of that".

In fact, their agents are probably yelling at them for NOT giving a neutral response. It hurts their bargaining position with the current teams.

ditto

sportscrazed
07-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Normally they would say something like "I'm a New York Knick" or "I'll worry about that later" (like LeBron in Cleveland). Not "no."

The Lakers best bet is to wait for Kevin Love, PG is an RFA and Melo and LeBron most likely won't want to go to the Lakers. Next year they shouldn't be stupid and overpay an good player when they miss out on the marquee signings.

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 11:39 AM

What most everyone else says. Some sort of tease along the lines of "Well cross that bridge when we get there" or "Right now Im in New York".

Not a flat out "Ummmm probably not"

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Normally they would say something like "I'm a New York Knick" or "I'll worry about that later" (like LeBron in Cleveland). Not "no."

The Lakers best bet is to wait for Kevin Love, PG is an RFA and Melo and LeBron most likely won't want to go to the Lakers. Next year they shouldn't be stupid and overpay an good player when they miss out on the marquee signings.

I totally agree with you. I even said this from the very beginning about Love being a Laker in 2015. Kobe wants to be the man of the show. This is one of many reasons why Dwight Howard ended up going to the Rockets.

J4KOP99
07-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Lol

kozelkid
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM

He's not a Laker fan...

Nycbball08
07-24-2013, 12:20 PM
They can have Amare...lol

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sorry but telling some tmz reporter "probably not" about coming to LA is far from iron clad in my book. I've seen athletes say far stronger things and still jump ship.

These guys minds change at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty sure if you would've asked CP3 could he see himself as a Clipper when he was in NO he probably wouldve laughed at you...

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Team needs to rebuild and you know they got pedigree and fame. You can go there and hope to reignite things.

Kinda like the Knicks in 2010. Amare himself reignited the franchise. 1 free agent can do wonders.

True but here's the thing. Players aren't stupid. They know Jim Buss has mad some horrible decisions. They know Jim Buss doesn't have the same charisma (or anywhere close) to Jerry Buss. No Phil Jackson. Aging Pau, and Kobe.

You can say "we're the Lakers" all you want, but having tons of money doesn't win you championships. Look at the Knicks.

Lakers need to rebuild from the ground up, and get rid of their "better than everyone" mentality that guys like Kareem, and Shaq have tried to implement on the public. The fans are seeing right through it now, and the players too.

If the Lakers want to win a championship they need to get younger, they need a new coach, and they need depth. Even if they got Carmelo next year, they wouldn't be that great. There's so much more that they need.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Best chance the Lakers have at getting someone is Kevin Love. I don't see LBJ/George/Anthony going to them.

jchase3
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
what is he supposed to say? he's under contract with the Knicks he isn't going to say anything to make himself sound like he wants to leave

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 12:36 PM

He did it when he was in Denver about coming to NY...

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
what is he supposed to say? he's under contract with the Knicks he isn't going to say anything to make himself sound like he wants to leave

So did he not do that in Denver?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-24-2013, 12:39 PM

This.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 12:41 PM
what do you expect him to say?

anyway, i think lakers should wait for 2015 instead.

its a DEEPER F:A CLASS ( specially if for some reason melo, bosh, wade, lebron do actually not opt out this season, and why would/should they?),

todu82
07-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Good for Melo. Still you have to wonder if he may change his mind next off-season when the Lakers, possibly, offer him a big contract.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 12:44 PM
anyway, i doubt any top nothc f.a with any ego or selfrespect will sign with lakers until kobe is gone.

no one wants to play with him.

lakerboy
07-24-2013, 12:44 PM
He will. The Knicks suck, and you guys will forever be a first round/second round exit.

lakerboy
07-24-2013, 12:46 PM
As I said earlier....it's. Ore about how melo answered. It was a straight up no.

George, on the other hand, gave the politically correct wording that allows helakers to have hope he'd go there

It wasn't a straight up no. Knicks stink, he will come.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 12:48 PM
You guys are funny. Why is his even a thread in the summer of '13. We all know how the landscape changes in the blink of an eye and you are trying to say this is relevant more than a year eary??

The truth is there is a very likely chance that the Lakers can't land any "superstar"next summer. There is also an equally likely chance that they land 2. But at the end of the day.....Who cares in June '13? I'm excited about this coming NBA season and could care less about next year....especially off-seson next year.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
You guys are funny. Why is his even a thread in the summer of '13. We all know how the landscape changes in the blink of an eye and you are trying to say this is relevant more than a year eary??

The truth is there is a very likely chance that the Lakers can't land any "superstar"next summer. There is also an equally likely chance that they land 2. But at the end of the day.....Who cares in June '13? I'm excited about this coming NBA season and could care less about next year....especially off-seson next year.

The Lakers will sign no one worth a **** till their owner proves he can make a good decision. I swear picking Dantoni over Phil Jack has flashed a giant warning sign to all the other players in the NBA.

TeamSeattle
07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
He will. The Knicks suck, and you guys will forever be a first round/second round exit.

Nice one. So if we make the conference finals that'll change to first/second/third round exit right?

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Nice one. So if we make the conference finals that'll change to first/second/third round exit right?

That's an extremely big "if" this year.

KingPosey
07-24-2013, 01:07 PM

Yep, because Laker fans posting in a thread on PSD direct the franchises future, and I'm pretty sure Chronz is a Clipper fan. And if he is a Laker can, he's definitely not
A delusional homer.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
The Lakers will sign no one worth a **** till their owner proves he can make a good decision. I swear picking Dantoni over Phil Jack has flashed a giant warning sign to all the other players in the NBA.

An emotional response. At the end of the day, the coaching decision is what it is, in the past. PJ could only coach for so long and why have when the Lakers don't have a championship roster? One perceived bad move and its all doom and gloom, then one peceived good move and the sun is shinning and winter will never come. There is no even keel around here.

At the end of the day the Lakers will be fine becaue they are a big market team with deep pockets, a storied franchise, and the owners depend on the brand of the Lakers to survive. And you can't sustain a brand without being competitive so they will continue to be competitive as long as the Buss family remain in control and the business model remains the same. Which I believe it will (or at least hope).

lakerboy
07-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Jim Buss without sleep is better than James Dolan, anyday, every day.

Enjoy your Bargnani / Stoudamire front court. Indiana will have you for lunch, again.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
The guys I think LA will target and eventually sign is one of Kevin Love or Marc Gasol.

Thats my prediction as of now.

Bostonjorge
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM
He has to say that he has a season coming up with Knicks. Next year he's gone the writing is on the wall.

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Enjoy your Bargnani / Stoudamire front court. Indiana will have you for lunch, again.

Lol.. Laker fans

FOBolous
07-24-2013, 01:25 PM
anyway, i doubt any top nothc f.a with any ego or selfrespect will sign with lakers until kobe is gone.

no one wants to play with him.

in an era where superstars try to team up with each other and do all they can to make that happen...i always wonder why no superstars have said they want to team up with kobe.

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
He has to say that he has a season coming up with Knicks. Next year he's gone the writing is on the wall.

He didn't have to say that, when he was on Denver he was very vocal about wanting to come to NY

Slug3
07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't think too many people want to play with Kobe. Melo/Bron, they don't want to play with him. I know a lot of you Laker fans will say otherwise, but sorry they don't. He's a jerk.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
An emotional response. At the end of the day, the coaching decision is what it is, in the past. PJ could only coach for so long and why have when the Lakers don't have a championship roster? One perceived bad move and its all doom and gloom, then one peceived good move and the sun is shinning and winter will never come. There is no even keel around here.

At the end of the day the Lakers will be fine becaue they are a big market team with deep pockets, a storied franchise, and the owners depend on the brand of the Lakers to survive. And you can't sustain a brand without being competitive so they will continue to be competitive as long as the Buss family remain in control and the business model remains the same. Which I believe it will (or at least hope).

Tell that to the Knicks fans. Money does not win you rings. Lakers have won rings in the last 15 years because of great decision making. It wasn't all getting free agents... It's drafting well. Making good trades.

So far they traded for a guy that didn't want to be there, and got a coach that no one wants. Meanwhile refusing sign and trade possibilities in order to get something for Dwight.

You're right they have the money to turn it around, but if they keep making dumb decisions like this it won't happen.

Can you honestly say without Jerry Buss, and Phil Jackson this team feels the same? No way. I don't buy it.

rhd420
07-24-2013, 01:32 PM

BINGO ...
In terms of Melo, Lakers fans should be breathing a sigh of relief at this point BUT did Melo talk to his wife first before opening up his trap?

Lakers + Giants
Good, don't want melo.

Lebron, yes please.

ztilzer31
I should say last 30 years... but yeah... you get the picture.

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Tell that to the Knicks fans. Money does not win you rings. Lakers have won rings in the last 15 years because of great decision making. It wasn't all getting free agents... It's drafting well. Making good trades.

So far they traded for a guy that didn't want to be there, and got a coach that no one wants. Meanwhile refusing sign and trade possibilities in order to get something for Dwight.

You're right they have the money to turn it around, but if they keep making dumb decisions like this it won't happen.

Can you honestly say without Jerry Buss, and Phil Jackson this team feels the same? No way. I don't buy it.

Yup, no Jerry Buss means this team will be in the dirt for a long time

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
BINGO ...
In terms of Melo, Lakers fans should be breathing a sigh of relief at this point BUT did Melo talk to his wife first before opening up his trap?

Yeah I'm not a big Melo fan either, but they need to set themselves up for success before they start talking about signing everyone on the free agent market.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't think too many people want to play with Kobe. Melo/Bron, they don't want to play with him. I know a lot of you Laker fans will say otherwise, but sorry they don't. He's a jerk.

Talk about personal opinion with no facts to back it up. These guys stated numerous times that they loved playing with Kobe in the olympics, and one year when kobe missed the all star game due to injury the west lost and multiple guys said that if Kobe woulda played they would have won. Kobe and melo are "like brothers" per both of them. Why would he not want to play with his "brother"?

Your opinion is exactly that, your opinion. And it appears to be incorrect and factles.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Talk about personal opinion with no facts to back it up. These guys stated numerous times that they loved playing with Kobe in the olympics, and one year when kobe missed the all star game due to injury the west lost and multiple guys said that if Kobe woulda played they would have won. Kobe and melo are "like brothers" per both of them. Why would he not want to play with his "brother"?

Your opinion is exactly that, your opinion. And it appears to be incorrect and factles.

Olympics are a completely different situation, and to act like Kobe isn't hard to get a long with is just acting ignorant. He's had major problems with many players on his team in his career. ESPECIALLY OTHER ALPHA'S!

To say his opinion is incorrect is ridiculous. There is plenty of proof that many people don't like playing with Kobe, and to act like you know better is ignorant IMO.

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Lol.. Laker fans

Lol it's not even Lakers fans, it's just him.
I never had any problems with Lakers fans, I have no reason too.
I have no idea why that guy hates the Knicks/Knicks fans so much lol.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM

You're right,money doesn't buy rings, but it definitely helps!

Keep in mind that the brain trust is pretty much the same even with Jerry Buss gone. Mitch alway laid the foundation and asked for Jerry's input to complete deals. If Jerry is to be believed Jim had a bigger hand than his own in this most recent championship run. Who are we to call Jerry a liar? At the end of the day to assume we know anything about the inner working of the Lakers front office would just be ignorant. But to assume that everything is in shambles because Jerry is gone is also ignorant.

If is simply your opinion that the Lakers ae making "dumb decisions". For me from a business perspective and a logical fan perspective loking into the "after kobe" era I LOVE the decisions that have been made. If the NBA doesn't veto jim buss's trade for CP3 we are calling him a genious right now. However, that veto changed the entire path of the organization for a few years. Not his fault part of doing business. But I feel that his plan B, setting up cap space in 2014, is a rather smart non-emotional move. I personnaly love it.

As far as they "dont feel the same since PJ/Jerry" comment goes. You're right it doesn't but thats because the realistic championship expectation energy isn't there. But the truth is it wasn't there during PJ's last year either. The roster aged and the Lakers weren't the same. They lost key players and their best players declined. It happens to evry franchise. I felt this same way during the anthoney peeler, nick van exel, eddie jones, vlade, and Magic (2nd tour) days in like 94 and that was under Jerry Buss before PJ. I have no doubt that the franchise will bounce back as it has several times before, and I believe we are in good hands, unlike most Lakers fans.

But then again, I'm an optimist! :D :cheers:

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
You're right,money doesn't buy rings, but it definitely helps!

Keep in mind that the brain trust is pretty much the same even with Jerry Buss gone. Mitch alway laid the foundation and asked for Jerry's input to complete deals. If Jerry is to be believed Jim had a bigger hand than his own in this most recent championship run. Who are we to call Jerry a liar? At the end of the day to assume we know anything about the inner working of the Lakers front office would just be ignorant. But to assume that everything is in shambles because Jerry is gone is also ignorant.

If is simply your opinion that the Lakers ae making "dumb decisions". For me from a business perspective and a logical fan perspective loking into the "after kobe" era I LOVE the decisions that have been made. If the NBA doesn't veto jim buss's trade for CP3 we are calling him a genious right now. However, that veto changed the entire path of the organization for a few years. Not his fault part of doing business. But I feel that his plan B, setting up cap space in 2014, is a rather smart non-emotional move. I personnaly love it.

As far as they "dont feel the same since PJ/Jerry" comment goes. You're right it doesn't but thats because the realistic championship expectation energy isn't there. But the truth is it wasn't there during PJ's last year either. The roster aged and the Lakers weren't the same. They lost key players and their best players declined. It happens to evry franchise. I felt this same way during the anthoney peeler, nick van exel, eddie jones, vlade, and Magic (2nd tour) days in like 94 and that was under Jerry Buss before PJ. I have no doubt that the franchise will bounce back as it has several times before, and I believe we are in good hands, unlike most Lakers fans.

But then again, I'm an optimist! :D :cheers:

Getting CP3 means no Dwight, and if you think the Lakers are a championship calibur team this year (or last) with CP3 your'e sadly mistaken.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Bet you anything if the Lakers traded for CP3 last year they'd be going through the same thing only with Chris Paul leaving instead.

29$JerZ
07-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Melo is not leaving NY for LA.
He has everything he could want in NY and NY will literally retool his supporting cast in 2 years.
The LA option as of now makes no sense now.

Bostonjorge
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
He didn't have to say that, when he was on Denver he was very vocal about wanting to come to NY

He never once said anything about NY. There were only sources like the one that say he's going to LA.

kobe4thewinbang
07-24-2013, 02:10 PM
LOL, Melo is full of it. Let's see how he feels later whilst the Knicks continue to underachieve.

Jays Claw
07-24-2013, 02:11 PM
I remember a time long ago when Steve Nash said straight up that he doesn't see himself playing for the Lakers... my oh my how that turned out.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
LOL, Melo is full of it. Let's see how he feels later whilst the Knicks continue to underachieve.

So he'll go to a different underachieving franchise?

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM

:laugh2: enjoy Gasol, a decline Kobe and Kamen, a team the great Buss assemble

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Good, don't want melo.

Lebron, yes please.

Lebron can go to hell! Plus we'll be getting him almost past his prime, no thanks

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 02:15 PM
But on the real, who would want to be a laker? They stink and the owner would listen to Kobe. There's a reason even Dwight left!

rhymeratic
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Melo is a Knick until retirement. Book it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
:laugh2: enjoy Gasol, a decline Kobe and Kamen, a team the great Buss assemble

We'll enjoy our 2014 season and our 16 championships. Enjoy another 20 ring less years.

HouRealCoach
07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
He never once said anything about NY. There were only sources like the one that say he's going to LA.

He did come out & say if Knicks don't get the trade done that he would sign extension with Denver

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I remember a time long ago when Steve Nash said straight up that he doesn't see himself playing for the Lakers... my oh my how that turned out.

Pretty much. I don't even want, nor do I think we'll get Melo but the fact that people take these guys so literally is funny. I remember Dwight re-signing with Orlando talking about "loyalty." I remember Lebron talking about how he wanted to win a championship IN Cleveland.

None of it can be taken seriously....

3RDASYSTEM
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM

True, especially since he is being currently paid max dollars by NYC and looking to cash in next summer with the team he made gut for him

that would make MELO look beyong desperate and dumb

he has been around enough owners to know how to play out his hand, just look how he forced himself to NYC

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
in an era where superstars try to team up with each other and do all they can to make that happen...i always wonder why no superstars have said they want to team up with kobe.

How many Shoots per game do you think Lebron woudl take and ho wmany points would he average in a team with Nash, Pau and Howard?

Theres your answer.

There is only stars 4 players that in their primes could coexist with Kobes egomaniacal personality in the last 10 years.

thats Duncan, Nash, Kidd and PAU GASOL.

Why? cause all them four care bout the name in the FRONT of the jersey and for the TEAM getting the Ring.

KObe doesnt know how Lucky he was that the tame traded for Pau at that momento instead of JO, or KG as it was the rumour back then.

None of them would have put up with kobes chuking show.

And i dont even want to think bout Kg doing what pau did iin 09 and 10 finals and seeing how the mvp goes to kobe.
That would have been the World War III.

3RDASYSTEM
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Pretty much. I don't even want, nor do I think we'll get Melo but the fact that people take these guys so literally is funny. I remember Dwight re-signing with Orlando talking about "loyalty." I remember Lebron talking about how he wanted to win a championship IN Cleveland.

None of it can be taken seriously....

Just to think I like to call it the trickle down effect...who runs or owns the team again? who is the GM who puts the trades and roster together?

that's where the ******** loyalty starts from and trickles down to us players, it even starts sooner before the NBA, on lower level in NCAA, why you think they trying to get paid now? no loyalty

FYL_McVeezy
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM

Thanks for your wonderful insight to the topic at hand! Please post more often! :D

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Olympics are a completely different situation, and to act like Kobe isn't hard to get a long with is just acting ignorant. He's had major problems with many players on his team in his career. ESPECIALLY OTHER ALPHA'S!

To say his opinion is incorrect is ridiculous. There is plenty of proof that many people don't like playing with Kobe, and to act like you know better is ignorant IMO.

A different situation? I'm not sure how...You have all the best players playing to accomplish a goal of winning a championship. Don't know how a guywho is unlikeable by his peers is suddenly likeable.

His "problems" withother players comes down to their work ethic and drive to succeed. Name me another "alpha" other than Shaq. You must be referring to Smush parker, because he seems to be getting along fine with Artest and Matt barnes who are "alpha". Or is it up to you to pick and choose who gets classified as an alpha to support you completely bias claim? .... Show me the alleged "proof". Oh and btw I didn't argue that I "know better" I argued that he doen't have any proof to substantiate his claim and either do you to back his claim. It's all opinion from people who dont know ****...including myself. So.. in closing your ignorant! sorry just want to act like a 12 year old kid like the most of you.

hidalgo
07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't wanna play with Kobe if I was a scorer, that's for dam sure. he's never allowed a team mate even 19ppg since Shaq was traded in 2004. he'd shoot none stop & Carmelo would score like 17 ppg, same with Paul George. at least MJ let Scottie get 20ppg a few times, & 19 ppg a few. even . let Woolridge twice. 22.9 his first year. good luck getting even 19 ppg with Kobe as a team mate, won't happen. he refuses to share the scoring load

TeamSeattle
07-24-2013, 03:01 PM

1st full year = 7th seed
2nd full year = 2nd seed

Yea that's real underachievement

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2013, 03:01 PM
How many Shoots per game do you think Lebron woudl take and ho wmany points would he average in a team with Nash, Pau and Howard?

Theres your answer.

There is only stars 4 players that in their primes could coexist with Kobes egomaniacal personality in the last 10 years.

thats Duncan, Nash, Kidd and PAU GASOL.

Why? cause all them four care bout the name in the FRONT of the jersey and for the TEAM getting the Ring.

KObe doesnt know how Lucky he was that the tame traded for Pau at that momento instead of JO, or KG as it was the rumour back then.

None of them would have put up with kobes chuking show.

And i dont even want to think bout Kg doing what pau did iin 09 and 10 finals and seeing how the mvp goes to kobe.
That would have been the World War III.

What about KG, Paul Pierece?

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:03 PM

Completely different why? Because it doesn't fit in your ridiculous unfounded argument. You got the greatest "alpha" (I assume by alpha you mean good player. So you know somebodys ability on the court doesn't have anything to do with them being an "alpha" personality.) players in the league competing for one goal. If anything there would be more reason there why Kobe's fellow teammates wouldn't like him if we were to believe your claims. Also, didn't say his opinion was incorrect. I said it appears to be incorrect based on the evidence I provided. You should comprehend what you're reading before you spout off, just a recomendation. So go ahead and provide your "plenty of proof". You should start with Artest and Barnes saying how they don't like him cause they are the most recent "alphas" that he has played with...

I'll wait....

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:06 PM
A different situation? I'm not sure how...You have all the best players playing to accomplish a goal of winning a championship. Don't know how a guywho is unlikeable by his peers is suddenly likeable.

His "problems" withother players comes down to their work ethic and drive to succeed. Name me another "alpha" other than Shaq. You must be referring to Smush parker, because he seems to be getting along fine with Artest and Matt barnes who are "alpha". Or is it up to you to pick and choose who gets classified as an alpha to support you completely bias claim? .... Show me the alleged "proof". Oh and btw I didn't argue that I "know better" I argued that he doen't have any proof to substantiate his claim and either do you to back his claim. It's all opinion from people who dont know ****...including myself. So.. in closing your ignorant! sorry just want to act like a 12 year old kid like the most of you.

Coming from the guy who pretended to be an NBA scout who had 5 rings, and only dropped the act when he got called out by half the form. That's without a doubt the most immature thing I've ever seen on the NBA side of the forum (besides anything Jimmer ever said).

Olympics are completely different. Kobe isn't the leader of the team, and isn't asked to be.

Ron artest is not a superstar. Completely different category of player. He's a great defender, and great player, but hardly in the category of Kobe.

It's well documented that Kobe is difficult to deal with, and isn't very social with his teammates. Unless you just discredit everything Shaq, Phil Jackson, and Dwight have ever said.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Getting CP3 means no Dwight, and if you think the Lakers are a championship calibur team this year (or last) with CP3 your'e sadly mistaken.

Another opinion you state as fact. Many people in the media and "sources" believed that the Lakers would have landed CP3 and DH12 should that deal not have been nixed. They traded Bynum for DH12, he was not included in the CP3 deal. And yes I believe IF those deals took place subsequent moves would have been made to compliment those deals, so they may have been and may still be championship caliber if those deals go through. But why speculate on something on which neither of us will ever know?? Or better yet, why talk about something as if its fact when it's just a matter of opinion with no foundation? To me that is ignorent. just sayin....

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Another opinion you state as fact. Many people in the media and "sources" believed that the Lakers would have landed CP3 and DH12 should that deal not have been nixed. They traded Bynum for DH12, he was not included in the CP3 deal. And yes I believe IF those deals took place subsequent moves would have been made to compliment those deals, so they may have been and may still be championship caliber if those deals go through. But why speculate on something on which neither of us will ever know?? Or better yet, why talk about something as if its fact when it's just a matter of opinion with no foundation? To me that is ignorent. just sayin....

Lol.

How exactly would they plan on paying those contracts?

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Coming from the guy who pretended to be an NBA scout who had 5 rings, and only dropped the act when he got called out by half the form. That's without a doubt the most immature thing I've ever seen on the NBA side of the forum (besides anything Jimmer ever said).

Olympics are completely different. Kobe isn't the leader of the team, and isn't asked to be.

Ron artest is not a superstar. Completely different category of player. He's a great defender, and great player, but hardly in the category of Kobe.

It's well documented that Kobe is difficult to deal with, and isn't very social with his teammates. Unless you just discredit everything Shaq, Phil Jackson, and Dwight have ever said.

HUH?? I'm assuming you're trying to say half the FORUM. But I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're reffering to the guy L8kers4life who you refference in your sig...and maybe thats why you're trying to attack me; unsuccesfully I might add. But you should make sure you're talking to the right person before using nonsense as a defense to your argument.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
HUH?? I'm assuming you're trying to say half the FORUM. But I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're reffering to the guy L8kers4life who you refference in your sig...and maybe thats why you're trying to attack me; unsuccesfully I might add. But you should make sure you're talking to the right person before using nonsense as a defense to your argument.

I did. My bad. **** the only difference is his is an 8 and yours is an @. Still doesn't change the rest of my post.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Lol.

How exactly would they plan on paying those contracts?

Which ones CP3 and Dwight? The same way they paid their ridiculous payroll the past few years. Maybe with the billion dollars they got from Time warner. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here....

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I did. My bad. **** the only difference is his is an 8 and yours is an @. Still doesn't change the rest of my post.

All good! and he has an S and i don't :)

Actually kinda irked me when I saw how similar his UN was to mine....but hey you know what they say about immitation being the best kind of flattery. haha..

Slug3
07-24-2013, 03:20 PM

Sorry but Lebron and Melo do not want to play with Kobe. I mean Howard didnt even want to play with him. He push out Shaw. He has a record of having players not want to play with him. As a Laker fan go ahead and make yourself feel better, but you are not getting Melo or Lebron next free agency.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Which ones CP3 and Dwight? The same way they paid their ridiculous payroll the past few years. Maybe with the billion dollars they got from Time warner. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here....

If they added CP3 last year with Dwight what would there payroll of been exactly? Also what picks would they of been able to trade to get Dwight?

I don't see a reasonable possibility for Lakers to get both, and I don't see CP3 working well with Kobe. Both players have to dominate the ball to be effective offensively, and it still doesn't change Lakers lack of depth, and injury problems.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
All good! and he has an S and i don't :)

Sorry for attacking you. I have a short fuse with that guy!

:cheers:

naps
07-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Not surprised. Nobody wants to play with kobe. Melo ain't stupid.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Sorry but Lebron and Melo do not want to play with Kobe. I mean Howard didnt even want to play with him. He push out Shaw. He has a record of having players not want to play with him. As a Laker fan go ahead and make yourself feel better, but you are not getting Melo or Lebron next free agency.

You're probably right. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers land nobody. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them land both. I'm prepared for either scenario. My point wasn't that we would land either. It's everybody saying matter of factly that these guys "dont want to play with kobe" is ignorant. None of us know if that is true or false so we should stop acting like we do.....Also, no need to apologize, you're already forgiven.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry for attacking you. I have a short fuse with that guy!

We're all good man! I enoyed the convo. I don't post in the NBA forum too frequently and this has been fun. I have a few people in the Lakers forum that just annoy the piss out of me so I can completely relate!!

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Two opinions in this statement and I don't know if I agree with either! haha...

Slug3
07-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Two opinions in this statement and I don't know if I agree with either! haha...

I just cant see Melo leaving NY after wanting to go there so badly. I also Cant see Lebron having a 3rd team in his career and think if he does leave it would most likely be for CLE. If all 3 opt out in Miami then Miami will have as much cap space as well (not including the cap holds, just assuming they all 3 resign for less or some do).

Aust
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
What else would you expect him to say? :confused:

I hope Melo doesn't come to LA. I don't want him.

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM

Lol. Do your homework man. They became good friends on the Olympic team and Melo said working out with Kobe everyday inspired him to step his game up. Calls him his big brother.

Try again.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
We'll enjoy our 2014 season and our 16 championships. Enjoy another 20 ring less years.

Enjoy a decade of lottery season brah

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I just cant see Melo leaving NY after wanting to go there so badly. I also Cant see Lebron having a 3rd team in his career and think if he does leave it would most likely be for CLE. If all 3 opt out in Miami then Miami will have as much cap space as well (not including the cap holds, just assuming they all 3 resign for less or some do).

I hear you man...It's more likely that neither of them go to LA, but my point is that we won't know **** until next year around this time, and anyone that acts like they do know, and that their opinion is fact, is just......amusing.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM

ive been following since 1985.

we have missed the playoffs the grand total of 2 times.

decade of lottery? haters delusional wishful thinking.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Oh c'mon being in the lottery that many times takes serious skill that only D. Sterling has. If you're looking to insult Lakers fans, you should say "enjoy a decade of mediocrity"......You know the same thing y'all have enjoyed since your last championship in what '76? ;)

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Enjoy a decade of lottery season brahLook Down:laugh: I actually like the Knicks and most of their fans, but you make me want to hate them.

ive been following since 1985.

we have missed the playoffs the grand total of 2 times.

decade of lottery? haters delusional wishful thinking.

valade16
07-24-2013, 04:11 PM
*Laker's fans slowly starting to come to the realization they are ****ed*

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Look Down:laugh: I actually like the Knicks and most of their fans, but you make me want to hate them.

And all of your come back are about rings like we give a ****. You're the sole reason Laker fans are hated. And being a losing team for a decade isn't that far off, Kobe is done and your owner doesn't listen

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
*Laker's fans slowly starting to come to the realization they are ****ed*

slowly?

ive known we were ****ed since jim buss stepped up.

my stimation is we wont be ready to compete for a ring in another 6 ot 7 seasons.
Unless kobe retires this year, that could speed it to 4 or 5 seasons cause f.a may actually want to pull a heat here if Bryant isnt around.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 04:23 PM
And all of your come back are about rings like we give a ****. You're the sole reason Laker fans are hated. And being a losing team for a decade isn't that far off, Kobe is done and your owner doesn't listen

I'm not sure he's the SOLE reason Lakers fan are hated. I can point you to the lakers forum where I'm sure you could find many more reasons, my self exluded of course.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure he's the SOLE reason Lakers fan are hated. I can point you to the lakers forum where I'm sure you could find many more reasons, my self exluded of course.

He's one of the reasons, when ppl spit fact about the Lakers he runs to the rings. He's on Kobe's balls more than Kobe's wife

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 04:27 PM
slowly?

ive known we were ****ed since jim buss stepped up.

my stimation is we wont be ready to compete for a ring in another 6 ot 7 seasons.
Unless kobe retires this year, that could speed it to 4 or 5 seasons cause f.a may actually want to pull a heat here if Bryant isnt around.

I love you Croon but you crazy as hell. Stop this Jim Buss hating. You don't know (nor do I) who has been pulling the strings for the past 7 years. If you listen to Jerry it has been Jim calling the shots during the latest championship run. I have no reason to believe that Jerry is a liar.

As far as kobe goes, you know I agree with you on most topics about Kobe....

AddiX
07-24-2013, 04:33 PM
In other news, Nate Robonson said in 3 years when he is a free agent again, he has no interest in joining the Lakers.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM
He's one of the reasons, when ppl spit fact about the Lakers he runs to the rings. He's on Kobe's balls more than Kobe's wife

I hope you're not referring to your previous post as being "fact". But I hear you, it's a lame argument however, history does have some relevance as far as proving a track record and historical data. You can predict the future will be somewhat similar in most cases, if you have a large enough sample size.

Pacerlive
07-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I hope you're not referring to your previous post as being "fact". But I hear you, it's a lame argument however, history does have some relevance as far as proving a track record and historical data. You can predict the future will be somewhat similar in most cases, if you have a large enough sample size.

History under certain CBA's has relevance. The buy a championship and do lope sided trades have been shown to be squashed by certain owners here recently. Its not easy to come up with a Kobe Bryant by scaring teams away with veild threats or flipping role players for stars will work.

Everything has its time and if you follow recent history I think the Lakers will have a tougher time rebuilding just like I think the Spurs will have a tougher time rebuilding since the league caught up with their overseas scouting (see Parker, Ginobili).

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Post more on here dude. The more sensible Lakers fans we can get on here the better.

Iron24th
07-24-2013, 05:36 PM

This.

Too much naive people here, it's embarrassing.

blue bleeder09
07-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Question is, why would anyone want to go to tha lakers?coming from a mavs fan hahaha

Captain Moroni
07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Good for Melo. Still you have to wonder if he may change his mind next off-season when the Lakers, possibly, offer him a big contract.

lakers cant offer him more than the knicks can.

Captain Moroni
07-24-2013, 05:53 PM

good because last year everyone said first round exit, so this year should be conference finals.

Vinylman
07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
more riveting threads on PSD...

color me shocked...

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

MagicBucsSox
07-24-2013, 06:10 PM

Lmao omg u bought into it, like what was he suppose to say? You think he wants the same crap he got in Denver?

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 06:17 PM
The last big superstar that signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers : Shaquile O' Neal.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-24-2013, 06:21 PM
The last big superstar that signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers : Shaquile O' Neal.

When was the last time the Lakers had cap space to sign a big free agent?

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Lmao omg u bought into it, like what was he suppose to say? You think he wants the same crap he got in Denver?

Look at what pretty much every star FA says entering a contract year. They all tease and leave options open. Say things like 'I will explore my options when the time comes, RIGHT NOW Im a Knick".

They rarely flat out say No.

Stop acting like this is the same response you always hear from impending FAs because its not even close m

The only idiots who deserve the 'omgz' treatment are the ones who bough SAS' s nonsense speculation in the first place.

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 06:36 PM
When was the last time the Lakers had cap space to sign a big free agent?

as long as Kobe Bryant and his ego stands in the way...the Jim Buss Era is messed. Btw, lets spice it up, when was the last time a superstar left the lakers franchise...NEVER! Oh ya, Dwight Howard hahaha (I can't stop laughing).

JEDean89
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Lakers will be fine, but I no longer see Kobe winning another ring. Even if Pau returns to form and they sign K-Love in 2015 it stilll won't be enough. To get out of the West you need superstars and excellent chemistry. if kobe had a 2 seasons to get that chem i would say yes but no way do they get a championship team around him in the next year, giving him enough time to win with that core. I just don't see it. Dwight Howard was his last chance, and Kobe wouldn't admit that he needed Howard way more than Howard needed him.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-24-2013, 06:48 PM
as long as Kobe Bryant and his ego stands in the way...the Jim Buss Era is messed. Btw, lets spice it up, when was the last time a superstar left the lakers franchise...NEVER! Oh ya, Dwight Howard hahaha (I can't stop laughing).

Exactly don't answer my question and write something completely different of what we were previously talking about. Yes Dwight left big deal, but you have to be delusional if you think the Lakers will not be able to sign a big free agent within the the next 2 years.

ManRam
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM
1. I'm not sure why the George revelation is "news". I mean, he'll be a restricted FA and he's not exactly in a terrible place at all. Him landing in LA any time soon was literally never an option.
2. Melo REALLY wanted to go to NYK. More so than Dwight wanted to go to HOU (or get out of LA), more so than LeBron wanting to go to Miami, more so than Paul wanted to go to LAC, and so on. It's hard to think of a star that so desperately wanted to go to one team than Melo. He's where he wanted to be. Now, if the team doesn't turn around maybe he'll get sick of it, but it's not like LA's future is looking great right now.

rockbottom2010
07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Exactly don't answer my question and write something completely different of what we were previously talking about. Yes Dwight left big deal, but you have to be delusional if you think the Lakers will not be able to sign a big free agent within the the next 2 years.

If Kobe Bryant is telling Dwight Howard how to win championship, then there's something wrong. Kobe has to pass the torch in order for the lakers to sign a free agent. However I don't see that happening. And you really think I'm delusional, Look at the track record on what Jim Buss did. IMO, the Lakers have a legitamate shot at Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo. They both fit in the D'Antoni System.

kobe4thewinbang
07-24-2013, 06:57 PM
So he'll go to a different underachieving franchise?Ha, don't even compare the Knicks to the Lakers, bro. They have 2 championships. Then again, maybe Melo doesn't mind wasting away. First, Denver, now New York. No sauce off my spaghetti plate, but he'd be good for the Lakers. He might actually win, too.

L@ker4Life
07-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Post more on here dude. The more sensible Lakers fans we can get on here the better.

Thanks man, will do. I stayed away cause the Lakers forum is now filled with a bunch of 12 year olds and some ********* BS that is super lame. It sucks hating most Laker fans on here when you are a Lakers fan.. haha..

Bruno
07-24-2013, 07:13 PM
meaningless comment.

Dankster
07-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Seeing Dwight Howard leave the Lakers willingly even knowing they could offer him the most years and most money contractually out of any team made me realize there's a paradigm shift going on now in the NBA. Los Angeles is definitely a beautiful city with a lot of basketball history (especially in the old forum,) but times have changed especially with the passing of Dr. Buss. It happens with franchises, regardless of how "storied" they are. Just look at the Lakers right after magic JOhnson retired or the Celtics throughout the entire 90's and early 2000's- the 2 most successful franchises went through the dumps for a while until they properly re-tooled.

I don't know much about Paul george's situation, but I honestly couldn't see Melo leaving the Knicks. The Knicks are currently a better team than the Lakers, they've progressed every year since Melo's arrival and were able to ascertain 54 wins last year with no veritable 2nd star to assist the guy. Seriously, JR Smith was his 2nd option, that's all you need to know. And for the Knicks to win 54 games and make it to the semis in the playoffs are all steps in the right direction. Also, the guy was born in NY, raised here until he was about 8 or 9 and was lobbying like crazy behind the scenes to come to NY for quite some time while he was a Nugget.

It's a very arrogant and narcissistic disposition to think just because you have an exorbitant amount of money to spend because you're well under the cap that you'll be able to pluck all the top FA's of your choosing. There were many teams in 2010 that struck out on the marquee FA's and it's almost a crapshoot at this point. Just because it's a beautiful city with a storied franchise doesn't mean every FA wants to play there anymore. Times are changing.

RiceOnTheRun
07-24-2013, 08:28 PM
As I always saw once the reports started to leak out...

Why would Anthony want to go to the Lakers?
Why would Lebron want to go to the Lakers?

Anthony is with his favorite/childhood team. He's in a big market. Knicks can make big changes in 2015 if current group can't win it all. Unless things go spectacularly horrid in ny this season, he won't leave.

Lebron...I just don't know why'd he leave a team that made it to the finals 3 straight times. Plus, they got cap flexibility at the end of the year.

The lakers only got this whole "we're the lakers! Plus, we have cap next season" as their arguments. But the Knicks and heat both have good cap situations in the near future too.

This.

Kevin Love is honestly their best bet if the T-Wolves can't get their stuff together this year. They have no chance with Melo or Lebron and Paul George is set with a top-3 center for likely the next 5-6 years in Indiana. He has no reason to leave that to play with a guy who can be competitive for maybe 3 more years at the most. (Competitive as in elite level play, he'll still be better than the average player afterwards but not at a star level anymore)

pad1
07-24-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry, but unless your name is Dwight Howard, you aren't going to talk about interest for playing for another team WHILE STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH A TEAM. This story is stupid, and nobody should take a brush-by comment from Melo or a primed question for George seriously. Wait until next summer to make a big deal of something like this.

east fb knicks
07-24-2013, 09:38 PM
lmao nobody wants to go to the lakers now and its even more funny these delusional laker fans think they are getting love whats next Durant in 2016 when love doesn't come :facepalm:

D-Leethal
07-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, but unless your name is Dwight Howard, you aren't going to talk about interest for playing for another team WHILE STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH A TEAM. This story is stupid, and nobody should take a brush-by comment from Melo or a primed question for George seriously. Wait until next summer to make a big deal of something like this.

Dwight/LeBron/Bosh/CP3/Melo all teased and hinted strongly towards leaving before it actually happened. None of them straight up said "no" to any team leading into their contract year. They teased them all, left all of their options open, and refused to give their incumbent team any certainty about coming back. None of them gave to any team, the reaction Melo gave to LA (except Dwight dissed NY and said no early IIRC because of the weather).

dru_562
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Lol not what Paul George was saying at drew league when he was with the game

zn23
07-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Is this a surprise? Lol the Lakers WILL NOT get LeBron or Melo if Kobe is still on the team. No one likes playing with this guy, some of the reasons include....

- Decreased touches
- Every time you win Kobe gets all the praise
- Every time you lose you get all the blame

kblo247
07-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Wait for Amare to break down in another postseason for the fourth straight year on the guy, and we shall see

As for PG, who in the hell thinks a rfa is coming to town be they George, Cousins, Wall, or Kyrie?

ldawg
07-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Waste of time real stupid story. How can a player show love for another team while he will be a restricted agent and in Melo case playing for another team talking about signing with another when he still has to play a whole season. Look Money talks cant cross the road before you get to it. No use talking about it now pick it up in a year. DID Howard not refuse to go Houston and in one year sign as a free agent? Taking about it now all you will see opinions no facts.
no one want to play for the Lakers, No one want to play with Kobe, Lakers will never win another title, Lakers aint the Lakers, Lakers will never attract another free agent if Phil dont come back, Buss got to sell the team or no one play for them, etc. Its all BS cross the road when you get to it. Only Howard had a three year i am leaving Orlando and i want to go to Brooklyn No other player is that stupid.

ldawg
07-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Name one star player beside Howard and his love for Nets that reveal a team he is interested in playing for before they become a free agent. And to give Howard credit he did not reveal Houston in his second go around and he insist he was a Lakers and thats all he is thinking about. Its just not a very smart thing to do. Both players IMO did a very good job to answer a very stupid question.

PacersForLife
07-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Paul George is a RFA anyways and it's been made pretty clear that the Pacers will match anything. He seems to be pretty tired of this already. I don't understand how his name got thrown into this thing anyways except for the fact that he is a "free agent" that year and from California.

ztilzer31
07-25-2013, 03:19 AM
Ha, don't even compare the Knicks to the Lakers, bro. They have 2 championships. Then again, maybe Melo doesn't mind wasting away. First, Denver, now New York. No sauce off my spaghetti plate, but he'd be good for the Lakers. He might actually win, too.

It's "what have you done for me lately" IMO. Lakers have gotten some of the most dominant players of all time in the past, and last year they under achieved. Same as the Knicks.

Your history means nothing to me.

sagemania
07-25-2013, 04:51 AM
Lakers will endup with someone like Love or Aldridge(If the Rockets don't trade for him)

Mcdoh
07-25-2013, 05:22 AM
lets just wait and see next summer for melo.. and i think george is lock on staying in indy since he's a RFA..

Pacerlive
07-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Lakers will endup with someone like Love or Aldridge(If the Rockets don't trade for him)

I don't see that happening this year or next year. Teams front offices aren't as stupid as they once were and the nba has grown to the point where your not going to get LMA via a trade if you have no assets. They will have to wait 2 years but I don't see Love or LMA being traded unless the Lakers flip a lottery pick.

Vinylman
07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
It's "what have you done for me lately" IMO. Lakers have gotten some of the most dominant players of all time in the past, and last year they under achieved. Same as the Knicks.

Your history means nothing to me.

LMFAO... 2 chips in the last 5 years...

Knicks... 2 chips in their entire existence

keep trolling :clap:

BklynKnicks3
07-25-2013, 09:14 AM
not news melo will retire a knick book that. Even if he was leaving he wouldnt say it what do u expect him to say? I do think Love n george will be lakers

Pacerlive
07-25-2013, 09:22 AM
not news melo will retire a knick book that. Even if he was leaving he wouldnt say it what do u expect him to say? I do think Love n george will be lakers

Why because there from there and Paul George was a Clipper fan so he doesn't even that tie to the Lakers. He was a Kobe fan but Kobe will be done in 5 years and that's the soonest they could sign PG.

sagemania
07-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't see that happening this year or next year. Teams front offices aren't as stupid as they once were and the nba has grown to the point where your not going to get LMA via a trade if you have no assets. They will have to wait 2 years but I don't see Love or LMA being traded unless the Lakers flip a lottery pick.

I'm not a Lakers fan. I'm a Rockets fan. Aldridge will be a unrestricted free agent in 2015 when the Lakers will have a ton of cash. LBJ and Melo aren't going to La so the only realistic options are Love and Aldridge.

Pacerlive
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
I could be wrong sage but LMA is an option but l believe Love would have to opt out. Either way though the Lakers with an old Kobe isn't that attractive and they essentially have no options to improve outside of saying its LA.

NYJ - NYY
07-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Name one star player beside Howard and his love for Nets that reveal a team he is interested in playing for before they become a free agent. And to give Howard credit he did not reveal Houston in his second go around and he insist he was a Lakers and thats all he is thinking about. Its just not a very smart thing to do. Both players IMO did a very good job to answer a very stupid question.

melo on the nuggs when he wanted NY?

TrueFan420
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
This just in, not everyone wants to play for the Lakers.

SportsFanatic10
07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
i think the lakers are gonna be left holding a bunch of money that no stars want, gonna have to overpay lesser players or delay their spending spree and keep their cap space for another year.

JordansBulls
07-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Of course they going to say this now, they don't want the drama that Dwight and Melo had.

Giannis94
07-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes it is. It is relevant to 2/6 teams in the NBA forum. Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Thunder

Bostonjorge
07-29-2013, 10:27 PM
I can't see why lebron and melo would pass up the opportunity to play to getter and add some one like kobe of all people.

Evolution23
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM
That's the politically correct answer and they both are in better positions to win with their respective teams.

JWorthy42
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
That's the politically correct answer and they both are in better positions to win with their respective teams.

I understand this for PG, who is a part of an up and coming Indiana team...but Melo? What do you think he is going to "win" in NY at this point? The Knicks are doomed to face 1st Round or 2nd Round elimination every year from now on. Bulls, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana are all better than the Knicks...

I understand you're a Knicks fan, and you don't want your franchise player to live. I get that. However, I feel like there is a strong chance that Carmelo Anthony does leave.

I myself, am not a big fan of Melo coming to the Lakers, I just don't think it makes sense. We'll see I guess.

sep11ie
07-29-2013, 10:58 PM

He's not a Laker fan...

Mave1002
07-29-2013, 11:15 PM

How many championship rings have you seen? :rolleyes:

smood999
07-29-2013, 11:31 PM
I understand this for PG, who is a part of an up and coming Indiana team...but Melo? What do you think he is going to "win" in NY at this point? The Knicks are doomed to face 1st Round or 2nd Round elimination every year from now on. Bulls, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana are all better than the Knicks...

I understand you're a Knicks fan, and you don't want your franchise player to live. I get that. However, I feel like there is a strong chance that Carmelo Anthony does leave.

I myself, am not a big fan of Melo coming to the Lakers, I just don't think it makes sense. We'll see I guess.

Everyone except JR (who can be due to being able to opt out), Felton and Tim Hardaway Jr. is an expiring contract after this season...the season after that everyone is off the books...the Knicks long term situation is not what you think it is. Truth is they have this season and maybe next with this group...Lakers 2014 scenario is almost identical to Knicks 2015 scenario.

jimm120
07-29-2013, 11:48 PM

George's answer is politically correct.

Melo's answer is nowhere close to politically correct. It was a flat out rejection.

And as you said, they are in better situations with BOTH their teams than they would be with the lakers.

sportscrazed
07-29-2013, 11:51 PM

I agree, Melo is definitely the type of player who will want to play with the 2012-2013 NBA league leader in field goals attempted.

sportscrazed
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
I can't see why lebron and melo would pass up the opportunity to play to getter and add some one like kobe of all people.

I think he would be one of the main reasons Melo (Kobe would take more shots than him because he's Kobe) and LeBron (teaming up with noted rival) wouldn't want to play for the Lakers.

ArmLaker
07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Paul George might want to come here. Lj and meloman are just pipe dreams

Guppyfighter
07-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Paul George only leaves for the Lakers if Pacers don't work out an extension.

But I agree, it's feasible.

dalton749
07-30-2013, 02:59 AM
No star is going to go to the lakers to play with old Kobe. It's a bad career move

Kobe will have to go somewhere else and accept a lesser role if he wants a championship

JWorthy42
07-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Everyone except JR (who can be due to being able to opt out), Felton and Tim Hardaway Jr. is an expiring contract after this season...the season after that everyone is off the books...the Knicks long term situation is not what you think it is. Truth is they have this season and maybe next with this group...Lakers 2014 scenario is almost identical to Knicks 2015 scenario.

True, but it comes down to whether Melo wants to play with his buddy Kobe. Once again, I don't want Melo on the Lakers simply because I think it wouldn't work out.

Who do you think the Knicks go after in 2015?

JWorthy42
07-30-2013, 03:08 AM
No star is going to go to the lakers to play with old Kobe. It's a bad career move

Kobe will have to go somewhere else and accept a lesser role if he wants a championship

Wrong.

This would be true if it was a YOUNG Kobe. However joining a old Kobe means that you will be handed the keys to the best franchise in basketball within 2-3 years. Its a very good career move.

shep33
07-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Melo kinda doesn't make any sense for LA. I mean he's a great player, but he'll be what? 30-31?

dalton749
07-30-2013, 03:23 AM
You mean like what Dwight could of had but was run out of town already because while waiting for the keys all the blame is placed on him for the lack of success despite it being Kobe's team still.

My point is that any star coming in should be given the keys right away because they aren't winning a championship on the back of Kobe and he needs to accept it.

JWorthy42
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Melo kinda doesn't make any sense for LA. I mean he's a great player, but he'll be what? 30-31?

I completely agree with you man.