PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden: The Decision Part III

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Marc J. Spears: Free agent center Greg Oden to make decision next week picking from Sacramento, Miami, ATL, NO, San Antonio & Dallas, source told Y! Sports. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#0JfsoYHchXF2Daqe.99

Who does this guy think he is dragging out his decision, Dwight or Lebron? Just pick a damn team already!

4milesperday
07-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I have a feeling he knows the team he wants but just holding out to see if he can get more guaranteed money.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Id like him in ATL if he was solid. Need a hometown guy to cheer for.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 06:35 PM
I have a feeling he knows the team he wants but just holding out to see if he can get more guaranteed money.

I don't know why he thinks he deserves any more than the minimum. All he has shown is a remarkable ability to get injured over and over.

dodie53
07-23-2013, 06:44 PM
exciting

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Who does this guy think he is dragging out his decision, Dwight or Lebron? Just pick a damn team already!

How is he dragging out his decision. The problem is us making new threads everytime we see a new article about him haha. He never said he was gonna make his decision ASAP. Dude hasn't played a game in a long time, let him take the time to decide what franchise he's going to play for. This is a major life decision for him. If I were him, I couldn't care less how long it took. It's not like he's signing up for interviews to document his process either. The media just so happens to be highly interested.

SportsFanatic10
07-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't know why he thinks he deserves any more than the minimum. All he has shown is a remarkable ability to get injured over and over.

it's not about what you deserve, it's about what you are offered and he has a number of teams interested. can't blame him for taking his time when he's in demand. some guys get paid on potential alone, it's just how it works. he's gotta make sure he makes the right choice for him since this might be his last shot at the nba.

Knick_Fever
07-23-2013, 06:52 PM
He'll definitely chase the money, I mean as risky as he is why not? I can see a team throwing a two-year 6 mil w/team option for 2nd, and he'll take it. If everyone is offering the min, he'll definitely go w/the Heat.

naps
07-23-2013, 06:53 PM
He's going for the most guaranteed money. I want to see who's stupid enough to offer him a multi-year contract. My pick is Cuban.

Knick_Fever
07-23-2013, 06:59 PM
I wonder if the Spurs' decision to let Neal walk has to do anything with this?

ManRam
07-23-2013, 07:03 PM
How is he dragging out his decision. The problem is us making new threads everytime we see a new article about him haha. He never said he was gonna make his decision ASAP. Dude hasn't played a game in a long time, let him take the time to decide what franchise he's going to play for. This is a major life decision for him. If I were him, I couldn't care less how long it took. It's not like he's signing up for interviews to document his process either. The media just so happens to be highly interested.

Yup.

Before the twitter era and intense media craze, this would be happening literally all the time and no one would care or know. Every player has to make a "decision" at some point, and many drag it out. There's nothing wrong with it. He can take as much time as he pleases

SportsFanatic10
07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I wonder if the Spurs' decision to let Neal walk has to do anything with this?

maybe, but i think it had more to do with signing belinelli.

spreadeagle
07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
If he goes to the Heat and resurrects his career somehow ill puke lol

ManRam
07-23-2013, 07:13 PM

All he's gotta do is stay healthy to resurrect his career. I still don't think there's a reason he can't be a good player, so long as he stays on the court.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I read something last week that he would decide this week, and now this week comes and he says he will decide next week. I've read something about him just about every day for the past couple of weeks. Seems like he wants people to court him, like others said he's holding out for the most money because he doesn't know if this will be his last chance (probably if he gets re-injured). We don't need all the theatrics, just make a decision. Stop making all these teams wait on you!

NYKnickFanatic
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Should pick the Suns, but I think he would be perfect in San Antonio.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 08:29 PM

Yea let's hope not. The Heat would be unstoppable...

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I read something last week that he would decide this week, and now this week comes and he says he will decide next week. I've read something about him just about every day for the past couple of weeks. Seems like he wants people to court him, like others said he's holding out for the most money because he doesn't know if this will be his last chance (probably if he gets re-injured). We don't need all the theatrics, just make a decision. Stop making all these teams wait on you!

Dude... HE Didnt day anything. The media said he said something. In this case Marc spears is saying it. Tell me HOW MANY times has Chris Broussard and other media been wrong about their sources. I'm pretty sure he's just chillin at home with hs family and agent trying to make the best decision for him and media journalists are trying to pry any source of information they can get To make a tweet or write an article. He's not causing any theatrics, YOU are.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Dude... HE Didnt day anything. The media said he said something. In this case Marc spears is saying it. Tell me HOW MANY times has Chris Broussard and other media been wrong about their sources. I'm pretty sure he's just chillin at home with hs family and agent trying to make the best decision for him and media journalists are trying to pry any source of information they can get To make a tweet or write an article. He's not causing any theatrics, YOU are.

Lol, you talk for a paragraph about how the media is causing the theatrics and then you blame it on me? Last I checked I'm not the media...

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Lol, you talk for a paragraph about how the media is causing the theatrics and then you blame it on me? Last I checked I'm not the media...

My point was that the media reports every bit of "news" they can find whether it's credible or not. It was you that spinned it in a way that made him look like he was causing all this "drama". Example 1: titling the thread the Decision Part III, comparing it to Dwight and lebron. That's the sort of sensationalist headlining that BSPN abd bleacher report like to use to attract attention

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 09:07 PM
My point was that the media reports every bit of "news" they can find whether it's credible or not. It was you that spinned it in a way that made him look like he was causing all this "drama". Example 1: titling the thread the Decision Part III, comparing it to Dwight and lebron. That's the sort of sensationalist headlining that BSPN abd bleacher report like to use to attract attention

I don't think Oden is innocent in this regard but the media sure doesn't help. Saying he is going to make a decision and keeps pushing it back adds to drama and gives the media fuel. You don't have to keep saying your going to announce a decision, when you don't even know when you will be ready to make the decision. Just announce the decision when you know, don't make announcements about when you are going to make an announcment.

GiantsSwaGG
07-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Dude has glass knees, it's a privilege for teams evening looking at him.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't think Oden is innocent in this regard but the media sure doesn't help. Saying he is going to make a decision and keeps pushing it back adds to drama and gives the media fuel. You don't have to keep saying your going to announce a decision, when you don't even know when you will be ready to make the decision. Just announce the decision when you know, don't make announcements about when you are going to make an announcment.

Hahahah dude you are jus repeating the same things over. I HIGHLY doubt Oden told the media "yo I'm gonna make my decision by Friday. Go write some articles and tweets about it." Then changed his mind two more times. The media just latches on any word they hear from his whole camp (brothers sisters uncles agents, agents brothers, whoever). I'm not saying he's completely innocent, although I don't know what he's "guilty" of lol but I'm saying HE'S not the one making this announcements. The media is.

That's how sports journalism works nowadays my friend, as ManRam noted. I don't believe anything they say unless I hear the word "official" and only if that word isn't followed or preceded by a "probably" or "most likely." If that criteria is met than, I check WHO'S reporting it. As of now Woj is the highest ranking journalist for me but even he's been "wrong" before when he reported that Bogdanovic was coming over for the Nets. Before that Marc Stein said that Korver was "in the bag" leading to so many posts on PSD mocking that phrase. Don't believe everything you hear for the media. There's just pouncing for views on their articles and re-tweets by being the FIRST to report any "news" Like dogs going after fresh meat. They look for any new change going on and word it in a way to get publicity (in the form of views and retweets) for themselves. That's how they get paid and get promotions.

Sorry if it seems like I'm singling out your post or thread but this happens time and time again on PSD and I just wanted to make things clear for any who might read this.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Hahahah dude you are jus repeating the same things over. I HIGHLY doubt Oden told the media "yo I'm gonna make my decision by Friday. Go write some articles and tweets about it." Then changed his mind two more times. The media just latches on any word they hear from his whole camp (brothers sisters uncles agents, agents brothers, whoever). I'm not saying he's completely innocent, although I don't know what he's "guilty" of lol but I'm saying HE'S not the one making this announcements. The media is.

That's how sports journalism works nowadays my friend, as ManRam noted. I don't believe anything they say unless I hear the word "official" and only if that word isn't followed or preceded by a "probably" or "most likely." If that criteria is met than, I check WHO'S reporting it. As of now Woj is the highest ranking journalist for me but even he's been "wrong" before when he reported that Bogdanovic was coming over for the Nets. Before that Marc Stein said that Korver was "in the bag" leading to so many posts on PSD mocking that phrase. Don't believe everything you hear for the media. There's just pouncing for views on their articles and re-tweets by being the FIRST to report any "news" Like dogs going after fresh meat. They look for any new change going on and word it in a way to get publicity (in the form of views and retweets) for themselves. That's how they get paid and get promotions.

Sorry if it seems like I'm singling out your post or thread but this happens time and time again on PSD and I just wanted to make things clear for any who might read this.

No worries, but I do think he is dragging it out somewhat in hopes of getting more money, but sometimes that backfires when teams get tired of it and say **** it I'm pulling the offer.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2013, 10:11 PM
No worries, but I do think he is dragging it out somewhat in hopes of getting more money, but sometimes that backfires when teams get tired of it and say **** it I'm pulling the offer.

Yeah I feel ya. But I'm pretty sure the TEAMS themselves want to learn as much as possible abut his conditioning before giving an offer. And they have to figure out what offers the OTHER teams are giving if they are strongly interested to think of a pitch/make a bigger offer. I mean he JUST had workouts today in front of Spoelstra, the Kings GM and representatives from the Pelicans. He's going to have a workout with Hawks this Thursday. I don't see a deal being done (with agreement from BOTH sides) anytime soon.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9503633/greg-oden-works-miami-heat-new-orleans-pelicans-sacramento-kings-sources-say

BSF101
07-23-2013, 10:17 PM
I think he picks Miami.

kdspurman
07-23-2013, 10:32 PM
If he chooses the Spurs, they'd have had the 87, 97, and 07 #1 picks. (all bigs)

MrfadeawayJB
07-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Bet it's Miami. They amnestied miller for a reason

LeperMessiah
07-24-2013, 12:35 AM

And that's exactly why you milk this hard as possible.

Bookey
07-24-2013, 12:35 AM
I hope the OP realizes that every free agent has to make a decision...

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 12:44 AM
He should go to the suns.

Their Medical staff extended the career of damaged goods Grant Hill for a lot of years, made Shaq his fittest in his last 6 career years and kept nash body afloat ( no surprise it broke right after the plane arrived in l.a).

rocketfuel
07-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Let's say Oden does stay healthy, how good can he be? How good was he in the games that he actually played in Portland?

I wonder how a healthy Oden would look on that Miami squad with their extra cap room in 2014 for another salary.

--23--
07-24-2013, 04:26 AM
He should go to the suns.

Their Medical staff extended the career of damaged goods Grant Hill for a lot of years, made Shaq his fittest in his last 6 career years and kept nash body afloat ( no surprise it broke right after the plane arrived in l.a).

I been saying this all year, he should be in a rush to go to Phx.

NBA-GMaster
07-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Its either Miami HEAT or New Orleans Pelicans..