PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Soon To Be Ex-Wife Accusses him of..... WTF?!?!?! Stay classy Amy.

JasonJohnHorn
07-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Serious article: http://www.queerty.com/nba-all-star-tim-duncans-divorce-allegedly-sparked-by-gay-affair-20130718/

Funny article:
http://thegist.com/news/1248/looks-like-tim-duncan-could-end-up-being-the-first-openly-gay-nba-player-people-are-actually-familiar-with

Article on Amy's honesty (or rather, lack there of): http://www.ibtimes.com/tim-duncan-divorce-was-wife-amy-duncan-cheating-san-antonio-spurs-star-2013-nba-finals-1282441

This is unbelievable (or perhaps very believable depending on who you are).

Amy Duncan has accused Tim Duncan of cheating on her with his best friend, who happens to be a guy. She says it has been going on since his college days. Further details are in the above links. Sounds like mud slinging to me, not that it matters one way or the other to me.

ManRam
07-22-2013, 06:36 PM
who cares?

AddiX
07-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but she shouldnt of outed him like that if it is.

If it isnt true she can get in major trouble for that although Timmy doesn't seem like that kind of guy to look for trouble he doesn't need.

Iron24th
07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
If true, who cares?

If wrong, what a hater she is.

5ass
07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Timmy should hire a hitman.

Tony_Starks
07-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Chalking this up to a bitter, spiteful ex wife getting her hate on.

Even if true we'll never know. Tim is a private dude, he's no Jason Collins....

Hellcrooner
07-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Ok.
So maybe Tim is Gay?

So what?

JasonJohnHorn
07-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Ok.
So maybe Tim is Gay?

So what?

I agree 100%. I'm just more shocked that somebody would bring this sort of thing into the public arena. They have kids together. True or not, it doesn't matter. I think Duncan is the best PF ever regardless.

It's more a commentary on ex-wives in the NBA. I mean, Wade's ex-wife going out in public to say she's homeless, then Duncan's wife coming out with this? WTF? Don't these people have any respect. I mean, they have children with these guys? This type of thing should be handled in private.

More-Than-Most
07-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Ok.
So maybe Tim is Gay?

So what?

He would instantly become cool and Loved

smith&wesson
every one wants to act all politically correct here. there is nothing wrong with being gay. but it is a story IF one of the games best players over the last several years were to come out.

the fact of the matter is tim duncan is an icon in the sportworld. i dont like that his wife or ex is trying to tarnish his legacy and name. but if he is gay, he would infact be the first athlete that people actually care about to come out. and i truly beleive that it would back fire in his wifes face, because people would wish him well and would show him respect. his wife is a terrible person for trying to expose tim as if its wrong or a bad thing.

I really think if tim came out, it would start a trend where others would be more comftorable to come out as well.

Big Zo
She's probably been hanging around Wade's ex.

Jenceman
07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
You know, if he is Gay, that could be huge. Greatest PF ever and still a star in the NBA if he comes out (not saying he is). Would be way bigger than Collins coming out.

Capital G
07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
don't care. doesn't change who he is and what he has done in the NBA.

if I was him I wouldn't even bother answering any questions.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 07:26 PM
If true, who cares?

If wrong, what a hater she is.

if its true, he cheated on his way all the time. I know most NBA players do, but it doesn't make it right.

The gay thing, I don't care about. Cheating is cheating.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 07:26 PM
every one wants to act all politically correct here. there is nothing wrong with being gay. but it is a story IF one of the games best players over the last several years were to come out.

the fact of the matter is tim duncan is an icon in the sportworld. i dont like that his wife or ex is trying to tarnish his legacy and name. but if he is gay, he would infact be the first athlete that people actually care about to come out. and i truly beleive that it would back fire in his wifes face, because people would wish him well and would show him respect. his wife is a terrible person for trying to expose tim as if its wrong or a bad thing.

I really think if tim came out, it would start a trend where others would be more comftorable to come out as well.

It shouldn't matter, but you are right, it will be a huge story if it's true.

AddiX
07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
if its true, he cheated on his way all the time. I know most NBA players do, but it doesn't make it right.

Not if she knew about it since college and turned her head to it because she wanted that NBA wife life.

I'm sorry, but most people who get cheated on are usually just in denial. Or in this case, that was her job, to play the wife, and she knew it all along, now she mad for some reason.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Not if she knew about it since college and turned her head to it because she wanted that NBA wife life.

I'm sorry, but most people who get cheated on are usually just in denial. Or in this case, that was her job, to play the wife, and she knew it all along, now she mad for some reason.

Not saying I disagree, but cheating is cheating. I found out about it, and kicked my ex-wife to the curb immediately. Eff that.

TrueFan420
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
I believe this was already brought up before. However, I think him cheating might be new. If that part is true than I lost some respect for him as a person. I could care less what his sexual orientation is, you don't cheat. I don't care why you cheat there's no excuse and that applies to both of them. I doubt we find out the truth anytime soon if ever.

TrueFan420
07-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Not saying I disagree, but cheating is cheating. I found out about it, and kicked my ex-wife to the curb immediately. Eff that.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope kids weren't in play cause that makes things very difficult for them as well.

TrueFan420
07-22-2013, 07:44 PM

Agreed

JerseyPalahniuk
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Wasn't there already a 15+ page thread about this a couple of weeks ago? Doesn't really have any new information. The "serious" article is just one quote.

AddiX
07-22-2013, 08:17 PM

You boxed her out like Kevin love?

Sorry,

Bad joke...

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Serious article: http://www.queerty.com/nba-all-star-tim-duncans-divorce-allegedly-sparked-by-gay-affair-20130718/

Funny article:
http://thegist.com/news/1248/looks-like-tim-duncan-could-end-up-being-the-first-openly-gay-nba-player-people-are-actually-familiar-with

Article on Amy's honesty (or rather, lack there of): http://www.ibtimes.com/tim-duncan-divorce-was-wife-amy-duncan-cheating-san-antonio-spurs-star-2013-nba-finals-1282441

Amy Duncan has accused Tim Duncan of cheating on her with his best friend, who happens to be a guy. She says it has been going on since his college days. Further details are in the above links. Sounds like mud slinging to me, not that it matters one way or the other to me.

I find that hilarious given the context.

UnWantedTheory
07-22-2013, 08:30 PM

Not positive on this, but when I first heard about their pending divorce several weeks back, I believe there was a rumor about her cheating on him with a personal trainer.

sunsfan88
07-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Lol at people trying to ring it up Duncan being gay.

Who cares if he is or isn't. We're here to talk about the basketball Tim Duncan not his personal life and interests.

Jarvo
07-22-2013, 08:39 PM
What a ****ing *****.

Jarvo
07-22-2013, 08:48 PM

John Walls Era
07-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Timmy should hire a hitman.

over 1 woman? is she worth the time of day.

Slug3
07-22-2013, 09:35 PM

It's still cheating. I get that back then it was hard to come out and still is now. But he shouldn't have gotten married if he was gay (it's not confirmed he is). But still he should have stayed single or whatever.

Leftcoast_yg
07-22-2013, 09:35 PM
You know, if he is Gay, that could be huge. Greatest PF ever and still a star in the NBA if he comes out (not saying he is). Would be way bigger than Collins coming out.

Yes cuz coming out is being a big hero. "Say no to human populating"
Because being gay is the new straight and being straight is gay.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I can just imagine the OP making the thread title. Carefully hitting each question mark and exclamation point.

Jenceman
07-22-2013, 09:41 PM

Yeah, I think a superstar coming out in the type of environment that isn't friendly to gays is a big deal. I'm not gonna get into some dumb procreation argument with you.

I don't even understand the being gay is the new straight. So being gay is like a fad?

Max.This
07-22-2013, 09:42 PM
who cares?

who cares? yeah but when its about D wade's estranged wife, **** is news

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I think a superstar coming out in the type of environment that isn't friendly to gays is a big deal. I'm not gonna get into some dumb procreation argument with you.

I don't even understand the being gay is the new straight. So being gay is like a fad?

He is saying he doesn't like infertile people straight or gay.

True Sports Fan
07-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Like I said in the other thread posted not to long ago... Who the **** cares.

Tony_Starks
07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't even care if he's a homo but the cheating part in itself shouldn't be discounted. Tiger was a cheater and it tarnished his legacy forever. Kobe cheated but he was able to overcome it.

Either way you slice it, it was a big deal in both cases media wise. Male or female doesn't really matter in our day and age. ( really it does but I don't think you can really even say that, just think it )

Leftcoast_yg
07-22-2013, 09:48 PM
He is saying he doesn't like infertile people straight or gay.

Quote those words i supposedly said.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 09:50 PM

Pretty simplified POV.

Leftcoast_yg
07-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Pretty simplified POV.

Pov huh? So you cant quote me saying those words and are giving false testimony concerning statements i supposedly stated. Great job.

FOBolous
07-22-2013, 10:28 PM
even if it's true...who cares?

blams
07-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Tim is a private dude, he's no Jason Collins.http://www.camj.info/7j1.jpg
That's an unnecessary and uncalled for shot af Collins.

AddiX
07-22-2013, 11:34 PM
It's still cheating. I get that back then it was hard to come out and still is now. But he shouldn't have gotten married if he was gay (it's not confirmed he is). But still he should have stayed single or whatever.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying we don't know the whole story. She may of always known and stayed with him anyway for whatever reasons.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Oh so now its wrong to express my world view and point of views???? Bigots and hypocrites.

Not all opinions are created equal. Some are a lot more stupid. I didn't say you couldn't say it. I would never suggest that. But your opinion is really bad.

You actually criticized gays for wanting basic human rights. That screams closet neonazi to me.

LegendsNvrDie23
07-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Wow, even if this were true, that is one ****ed up *****. She's straight trying to ruin this guys rep.

KingsOfQueens
07-23-2013, 12:30 AM
lol

RiceOnTheRun
07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Moral of the story, *****es be *****es.

thaShady
07-23-2013, 12:43 AM
who cares?

that gash is why we didnt sign him back in 2000!!!

DubiousCustomer
07-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if this was a hoax. Saw a post supposing this on reddit about a month ago.

JeremiahWing
07-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Gay people exist. Welcome to 3,000 BC.

jam
07-23-2013, 01:51 AM
In the twisted world we live in today, a person who tells the truth is evil.

Wow, even if this were true, that is one ****ed up *****. She's straight trying to ruin this guys rep.

JeremiahWing
07-23-2013, 01:55 AM
In the twisted world we live in today, a person who tells the truth is evil.

what?

jam
07-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Yup, but the b word can apply to men as well as women.

Moral of the story, *****es be *****es.

b@llhog24
07-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Tim is a private dude, he's no Jason Collins.http://www.camj.info/7j1.jpg

Bigot.

aTinyPanda
07-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Bigot.

I think he meant that even if Duncan is gay.. he's not going do the whole media frenzy thing that Collins did, because he doesn't feel it's anyone's business what he does in his time away from the court. He's always acted that way during his career, so I don't see why boonefhh's statement is bigoted? Maybe you misunderstood what he meant? IDK

Tony_Starks
07-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Bigot.

How's he a bigot? Tim never even talked about his married life what would make you think he'd pull a Collins and make a public declaration of gayness?

Snakeyestx
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Well... he does seem a bit.... effeminate sometimes in interviews and gestures on the floor.

Not that it matters.. but airing out dirty laundry like that to the public just seems like attention-whoring for a reality tv show. :down:

sep11ie
07-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Jason Collins immediately called the Spurs asking if they were interested.

ChongInc.
07-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I believe it.

cssdmark
07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
It is a good basis for a divorce and gain sympathy and counters her cheating, appears shebis using it to justify her infidelity. I guesd all is fair in love and war

IversonIsKrazy
07-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I doubt it. Why would she have stayed with him all these years while hes banging his buddy lol. Find it hard to believe that this news just "happened to come out" right after she was caught cheating. Pretty sure it's BS. If not, then im surprised, hes just another douche who cheated on his wife.

futureman
07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Jason Collins anyone.

JeremiahWing
07-23-2013, 11:42 PM
The amount pre-historic, cavemen homophobes on this forum astounds.

Triple_Ocho
07-24-2013, 12:29 AM

Funny article:

You're just fanning the flame jasonjohnhorn... I'm sure most of us dont go to queerty.com very often lol...

kenzo400
07-24-2013, 12:41 AM
I don't even care if he's a homo but the cheating part in itself shouldn't be discounted. Tiger was a cheater and it tarnished his legacy forever. Kobe cheated but he was able to overcome it.

Either way you slice it, it was a big deal in both cases media wise. Male or female doesn't really matter in our day and age. ( really it does but I don't think you can really even say that, just think it )

Tiger Woods plays a sport that 60 year old conservative men watch, of course cheating tarnished his legacy.

Sly Guy
07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Chalking this up to a bitter, spiteful ex wife getting her hate on.

Even if true we'll never know. Tim is a private dude, he's no Jason Collins....

pretty much. I really don't see any need for her to out this kind of info in public without at least an attempt at blackmail first. Not that it should matter, but if it were true, that's usually how it'd go down.

THE GIPPER
07-24-2013, 10:45 AM

Exactly.

I hate it when people say, "who cares" in an a attempt to show how tolerant they are. Cheating is not funny, cool, or a "who cares" topic.

BigDFan85
07-24-2013, 11:03 AM

Funny article:

Unintentional pun? Lol

Who cares who it's with, cheating is cheating. Way to be a douche Timmy.

aTinyPanda
07-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Unintentional pun? Lol

Who cares who it's with, cheating is cheating. Way to be a douche Timmy.

Assuming much? I think the situation in which this info is coming out is fishy at best. Could be they had an open marriage agreement that turned sour and now she's "slinging mud". None of us really know. If it is as she claims it is though, I agree with you. Not a classy move by Timothy.

Tony_Starks
07-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I think she's basically trying to damage his rep the best way she can. If he just cheated it would raise a few eyebrows but it wouldn't be much of a story media wise. Cheating with a dude, if proven, would be plastered across every sports outlet.

Sly Guy
07-24-2013, 12:18 PM
umm the article posted is stating that duncan's wife was cheating, not duncan himself. The wife is now claiming he was cheating with her male best friend...

Sounds like mudslinging, and if both sides were cheating, then both are in the wrong.

Longhornfan1234
07-24-2013, 12:26 PM
This hurts Duncan's legacy.

ztilzer31
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Exactly.

I hate it when people say, "who cares" in an a attempt to show how tolerant they are. Cheating is not funny, cool, or a "who cares" topic.

You're right. It's a none of your or anyone's business topic. Don't care if Duncan likes dude, and don't care if he cheated on his wife. Sorry there's a reason I watch sports, and not E!.

JeremiahWing
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
This hurts Duncan's legacy.

How? What does this have to do with basketball?

JeremiahWing
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Can't wait for this response.

pacofunk64
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM
You see this is all just a big misunderstanding on Amy Duncans behalf. Tim was yelling "Bro's before ho's, Bro's before ho's" as she was getting the boot and she just took it literally :shrug:

ATX
07-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Why this is an even a topic is beyond me...

beasted86
07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't believe her whatsoever.

With her being his wife who sees him everyday, has access to his personal space and so forth, it should be so easy for her to get some tangible proof. Something, anything... a text, an email, a picture, details of an event or happening that would put his relationship with his friend in question so that we can at least raise an eyebrow.... instead guess what we get......... nothing but her word. GTFOH, will only tarnish herself as a mother and wife that she will do and say anything when she is angry.

Cali4rnia
07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
whats wrong with NBA players ex's? wade's, duncan? which ***** is next?

CTCUBBIES
07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
don't care. doesn't change who he is and what he has done in the NBA.

if I was him I wouldn't even bother answering any questions.

It does change who he is - not because he is gay but because he was cheating on his wife with his best friend. I know a lot of men cheat but this is not the kind of behavior we have come to expect from Duncan and it does change how we should view him. Whether he was cheating with a man or a woman doesn't matter.

RaiderLakersA's
07-24-2013, 01:58 PM
If true, it doesn't make him gay, it makes him a cheater. A bisexual cheater, but a cheater nonetheless.

In any event, we'll sweep this all under the rug eventually. This is not a big deal in my opinion. Married people have been cheating since the institution of marriage was hatched.

kenzo400
07-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Why this is an even a topic is beyond me...

Because he might have been cheating on his wife with his best friend. The fact that the best friend lived with them for years is another juicy detail. Why would this not be a story? It's much more interesting than Collins coming out or Dwayne Wades wife going crazy.

AIRMAR72
07-24-2013, 06:42 PM
SOME folks in the league made those same comments I know its true but who cares