PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair to say that D-Wade is more Accomplished than Kobe by yr 10?

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:11 PM
By the end of yr 10:

Kobe had 4 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and a scoring title.

D-Wade has 4 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and a scoring title WITH a finals MVP.

Is Wade on pace to become or is already the 2nd greatest shooting guard ever?

spreadeagle
07-21-2013, 11:13 PM
No

ManRam
07-21-2013, 11:13 PM
i don't know. maybe.

but kobe will absolutely trounce wade from years 10+

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Well, I think Wade's first 10 yrs are better than Kobe's first 10 yrs. Wade won a finals MVP. Kobe didn't.

Tony_Starks
07-21-2013, 11:17 PM
No.

Guppyfighter
07-21-2013, 11:17 PM
First Ten Seasons

Dwade
PPG 24.1 TS 567, Rebounding Rate 8.1, Usage 32.1, WS 99, WS/48 .195

Kobe
PPG 24.1, TS 552, Rebounding Rate 8.1, Usage 30.1, WS 97, WS/48 .184

So, yes. Dwade was actually better than Kobe in the first ten seasons. To be fair to Kobe, he was a lot more raw coming in. Cause he was only 18.

camador22
07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
He's certainly accomplished as much through 10 years. Keep in mind that Kobe started at 18 and Wade started at 21 i believe. I don't believe Wade has ever won a scoring title but his overall stats have always been better than Kobe's. Sadly, they're both are past their primes but I still see Wade probably winning 2 more titles before his career is over. That would likely put them in the same rankings all time IMO

bucketss
07-21-2013, 11:19 PM
he won't too much injuries, hes 31 and his knees are deteriorating, 31 kobe was still in his prime.

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:31 PM
He's certainly accomplished as much through 10 years. Keep in mind that Kobe started at 18 and Wade started at 21 i believe. I don't believe Wade has ever won a scoring title but his overall stats have always been better than Kobe's. Sadly, they're both are past their primes but I still see Wade probably winning 2 more titles before his career is over. That would likely put them in the same rankings all time IMO

Didn't D-Wade win a scoring title in 08-09 averaging 30 PPG?

Bostonjorge
07-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Kobe on his 10th year averaged 35 points a game that season. Wade looked like he might never be the wade of old. Kobe scored 81 points in a single game had the best playoff domination ever in his first 10 seasons. After his 10th season he won a league MVP and back to back tiles with back to back finals MVP. Wade will not accomplish a league MVP or finals MVP. Kobe has left wade to far behind to even consider wade and kobe in the same level.

king4day
07-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Stats may be similar but has there ever been an inkling of MJ/Wade comparison talks?
If Wade was always healthy it could be a different story. Given that Wade seems to be breaking down, this comparison will probably be laughed at 5 years down the line.

Guppyfighter
07-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Stats may be similar but has there ever been an inkling of MJ/Wade comparison talks?
If Wade was always healthy it could be a different story. Given that Wade seems to be breaking down, this comparison will probably be laughed at 5 years down the line.

Kobe gets more credit because his fans are insane?

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Well, Wade's FG% is much closer to MJ's than Kobe's is to MJ's.

king4day
07-21-2013, 11:36 PM

It wouldn't be because of him though. That'd be on Lebron. I just can't put those two (kobe/wade) in the same boat. Wade will never surpass him,.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2013, 11:38 PM
After looking at it face value, it's very close. But Kobe started in the league a lot younger than Wade did. Also, Kobe's play after year 10 will no doubt be better than what Wade can produce. Wade is already 4th in the SG rankings and I doubt he goes past West or Kobe when his career is done to move up to #2.

Purple_n_Gold
07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Hmmm. Jesse pinkman. Which alter ego troll are you?

king4day
07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Kobe gets more credit because his fans are insane?

I just feel like stats don't tell the story. If starting a team with both guys in their prime, I take Bryant all the way.

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Hmmm. Jesse pinkman. Which alter ego troll are you?

Excuse me?

Bruno
07-21-2013, 11:41 PM
no. but he's close.

the post-season that wade just put up is notable worse than any that kobe posted during the three-peat; that puts some balance to Wades dominant 2006 finals. Kobe also missed a lot less games through the first ten years, he racked up a lot more cumulative stats, all nba team selections ect ect.

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:43 PM
I just feel like stats don't tell the story. If starting a team with both guys in their prime, I take Bryant all the way.

If starting a team, I pick Wade. He has done more good for the Heat than Kobe has done good for the Lakers.

Wade brings superstars/allstars to his team (Shaq, LeBron, Bosh) while Kobe chases away superstars (Shaq, Dwight).

Triple_Ocho
07-21-2013, 11:45 PM
If starting a team, I pick Wade. He has done more good for the Heat than Kobe has done good for the Lakers.

Wade brings superstars/allstars to his team (Shaq, LeBron, Bosh) while Kobe chases away superstars (Shaq, Dwight).

You are ridiculous lol

Purple_n_Gold
07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I would find it hard to believe that any honest person would start a team with Wade over Kobe. It's close but its really not...

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:48 PM
You are ridiculous lol

I don't think you. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Forgive me for not bowing down to Kobe like some others.

Purple_n_Gold
07-21-2013, 11:52 PM

Shaq was traded and Lebron wade bosh were bffs before they played together. Saying Wade brought Shaq to Miami is quite a perception.

Jesse Pinkman
07-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Shaq was traded and Lebron wade bosh are bffs before they played together. Saying Wade brought Shaq to Miami is quite a perception.

Then why did Shaq demand of all places Miami to get traded to? Because of Dwyane Wade. Miami and Dallas were his top destinations, and he ultimately went with an at the time younger and less selfish version of Kobe.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Shaq was traded and Lebron wade bosh were bffs before they played together. Saying Wade brought Shaq to Miami is quite a perception.
But Kobe did chase him away though

Leftcoast_yg
07-21-2013, 11:59 PM

Wade wishes he can sniff bryants jock strap let alone be the player bryant was and is!!

Kobe has won being no.1 option on his team even though wade won a finals mvp shaq has 3 for a reason and it shouldve went to him.

ManRam
07-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Kobe has won being no.1 option on his team even though wade won a finals mvp shaq has 3 for a reason and it shouldve went to him.

i know you're just trying to make an argument to support Kobe, but I'd love to hear you back up how Shaq deserved the 2006 Finals MVP over Wade (i think that's what you're saying...this sentence is a bit hard to comprehend)

i'm not sure even the most bias person could make one.

it's not slanderous to kobe, who was much younger throughout that span, to suggest wade had as good of a first 10 years. individual accolades, statistics, team success...there's little separating them. wade was a tremendous play, and there's nothing wrong with being similar to him during his first 10 years. Kobe will WAX Wade from year 11 plus so there's nothing for Kobe fans to worry about. Hell, Kobe's made his biggest case in regards to being an all-time great later in his career, and that's so remarkable.

justinnum1
07-22-2013, 12:06 AM

Purple_n_Gold
07-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Then why did Shaq demand of all places Miami to get traded to? Because of Dwyane Wade. Miami and Dallas were his top destinations, and he ultimately went with an at the time younger and less selfish version of Kobe.
Shaq would have been in Dallas if Cuban would have given up Nowitzki, that's a fact. Also Shaq and Kobe hated each other at the time. Shaqs actions and salary demands at the time were the biggest factor in him being dealt. Research it because chances are if you are not a Laker fan you accept false stories as fact. Tex winter, the inventor of the triangle and Phil's mentor made several comments regarding the trade around that time. You can start there.

MickeyMgl
07-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Wade won a finals MVP. Kobe didn't.

Wade is right on par with Cedric Maxwell.

Purple_n_Gold
07-22-2013, 12:21 AM
I knew I could smell a troll...

Hellcrooner
07-22-2013, 12:22 AM
10 first years?

Yes.

But kobe entered league younger.

And of course there wont be a season 17 for Wade given his health.

So, kobes second HALF of his career already trumps whartever wade does in his reamining 2 or 3 seasons.

Leftcoast_yg
07-22-2013, 12:23 AM
i know you're just trying to make an argument to support Kobe, but I'd love to hear you back up how Shaq deserved the 2006 Finals MVP over Wade (i think that's what you're saying...this sentence is a bit hard to comprehend)

i'm not sure even the most bias person could make one.

it's not slanderous to kobe, who was much younger throughout that span, to suggest wade had as good of a first 10 years. individual accolades, statistics, team success...there's little separating them. wade was a tremendous play, and there's nothing wrong with being similar to him during his first 10 years. Kobe will WAX Wade from year 11 plus so there's nothing for Kobe fans to worry about. Hell, Kobe's made his biggest case in regards to being an all-time great later in his career, and that's so remarkable.

Well lets start with the literal meaning of finals mvp. Shaqs value to the heats 2006 title is what put them in the throne. Shaqs value to that team was higher than wades. Yea wade made that big shot but because of shaqs presence he was able to have that opportunity.

ArmLaker
07-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Kobe came out as a raw 17-18 year old kid into the NBA

D-Wade came in as a 21 year old NBA ready player already average 16+ppg in his first season

If we're talking about early on then yes D-Wade was better, significantly

It wasn't until Kobe's 3rd or 4th year til we really saw him shaping up to be a superstar 20-21(same as Wade when he came in)

Let's compare Kobe vs D-Wade 21-31 years of age......shall we? Please :)

ArmLaker
07-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Well lets start with the literal meaning of finals mvp. Shaqs value to the heats 2006 title is what put them in the throne. Shaqs value to that team was higher than wades. Yea wade made that big shot but because of shaqs presence he was able to have that opportunity.

I'm not taking away from Shaq(That was his last year putting up 20 and 10 need I remind some people).....but D-Wade was clearly the best player in that series at 24-25 and arguably in his prime already.

Gibby
07-22-2013, 12:33 AM
As people have said before Kobe was younger. the first few years skew Kobes average down. If we were to look at years 4-10 Kobe is the clear winner.

Also you could argue kobe was in his prime during years 11-13 and Wade already shown heavy decline in years 9-10.

Prime Kobe > Prime Wade

When there careers are over:

Kobe > Wade

kozelkid
07-22-2013, 12:37 AM
First Ten Seasons

Dwade

Kobe

So, yes. Dwade was actually better than Kobe in the first ten seasons. To be fair to Kobe, he was a lot more raw coming in. Cause he was only 18.

Keep in mind that comparing their offensive efficiencies doesn't do Kobe justice here. People need to remember that in Kobe's first 10 years, the league's defenses were at their most stingiest state with newly introduced zone defense rules coinciding with hand-checking rules still in place until mid 2000s. It's a big reason why Wade/Lebron/Harden/Bosh etc. appear vastly more efficient than their respective counterparts in Tmac/Kobe/Carter/KG etc as their primes began with the elimination of hand-checking rules.

That said, Wade over his first decade of play has performed like a top 30 player. Unfortunately, it will likely end there as his steep decline is looming. However, I will say that I'd take Wade's best season (08-09) over Kobe's best (05-06) all day. But Kobe kills him in longevity.

EDIT: Beyond that, I'd be interested to see their comparison in o-ratings. Because while I do think Wade would still likely be a more efficient scorer even if we were to adjust the variance caused by the differing rules, taking into account that Wade is undoubtedly more TO prone than Kobe could possibly given Kobe the edge as the more efficient offensive player.

ManRam
07-22-2013, 12:39 AM

wade logged WAY more minutes, scored WAY more points...and was just phenomenal all around. I understand how shaq's presence is so huge, but that wasn't Lakers version Shaq out there. Wade played at a far superior level.

if all you have is "shaq's presence", well, that's a weak argument. because shaq didn't play better and i'm pretty sure that's what Finals MVPs have always been handed out for

LakersMaster24
07-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Wade > Kobe.

Not even close.

Dade County
07-22-2013, 12:48 AM
When all is said and done, Wade will finish as the 2nd best sg ever.

Lmao, every time I post this, posters come at me. I believe Wade will get healthy & be able to finish season's and play at a high level in the playoffs.... Him dropping to 215, like the HEAT want him to, will help out his knee.

Purple_n_Gold
07-22-2013, 12:53 AM
When all is said and done, Wade will finish as the 2nd best sg ever.

Lmao, every time I post this, posters come at me. I believe Wade will get healthy & be able to finish season's and play at a high level in the playoffs.... Him dropping to 215, like the HEAT want him to, will help out his knee.
Lol...how?

Dade County
07-22-2013, 12:56 AM
10 first years?

Yes.

But kobe entered league younger.

And of course there wont be a season 17 for Wade given his health.

So, kobes second HALF of his career already trumps whartever wade does in his reamining 2 or 3 seasons..

But nobody is brining up that Gasol had a better finals performance then Kobe, but Kobe still got the finals MVP, and what if Wade wins 3 more rings; but actually is healthy enough to play like the super star he is, will you still stand by your comments?

Dade County
07-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Lol...how?

I'm a HEAT fan, wishful thinking.

lmao

Odominator
07-22-2013, 12:57 AM
It wouldn't be because of him though. That'd be on Lebron. I just can't put those two (kobe/wade) in the same boat. Wade will never surpass him,.

I agree with fahim. Kobes numbers were also impacted with playing next to shaq

Odominator
07-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Would people consider Kobe at age 17-21 more accomplished in the NBA than Dwayne Wade?

TheNumber37
07-22-2013, 12:59 AM
No.

Kobe accomplished a whole l lot more, by simply, being the best player.

Wait, did you say WITH a Finals MVP, well yeah, that tips the scales.

The way Shaq played for the Lakers, he would've taken a Finals MVP from Lebron if they played together.

SeoulBeatz
07-22-2013, 01:00 AM
By the end of yr 10:

Kobe had 4 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and a scoring title.

D-Wade has 4 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and a scoring title WITH a finals MVP.

Is Wade on pace to become or is already the 2nd greatest shooting guard ever?

I highly doubt it, maybe #3 behind Kobe but he really fell off last year. I know he picked it up a bit in the finals but he looked nowhere near the D Wade of years past. Kobe on the other hand has performed at a high level up until this year and had a pretty remarkable season for a 34 year old with 16 years in the league. Whether or not Wade can put up 3 more years of all-star play remains to be seen.

Purple_n_Gold
07-22-2013, 01:09 AM
There is not one player who could play with a prime Shaq in the finals and take a Finals MVP over him...NOBODY.

ArmLaker
07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
There is not one player who could play with a prime Shaq in the finals and take a Finals MVP over him...NOBODY.

Kobe in his prime probably has an outside shot at it. But then again how do you beat 30 and 15? lol

Purple_n_Gold
07-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Kobe in his prime probably has an outside shot at it. But then again how do you beat 30 and 15? lol
Just the competition difference at the two positions alone is enough to make it damn near impossible. I still believe no one takes those awards from him. I don't care who it is.

slaker619
07-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Yes!

naps
07-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Absolutely. It's a no brainer. Not to mention Wade would have 4 rings and 2 finals MVP had LeBron not choked in 2011.

Dade County
07-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Absolutely. It's a no brainer. Not to mention Wade would have 4 rings and 2 finals MVP had LeBron not choked in 2011.

Lbj averaged under 1.8 in like 4 games in the 4th quarter ... It's not called choking, it's called rigged *** league (Stern orders)!

And I never thought about Wade winning that finals Mvp, because I was just sitting back watching Lbj disrespecting the entire HEAT fan base and franchise; but **** you might be right, Wade might have won that Finals Mvp (****).

RLundi
07-22-2013, 02:11 AM
First Ten Seasons

Dwade

Kobe

What does usage rate have to do with anything?

STAT1
07-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Kobe was an 18 year old playing against a prime MJ and harder league(my opinion). I'm voting no.

RiceOnTheRun
07-22-2013, 02:39 AM
i don't know. maybe.

but kobe will absolutely trounce wade from years 10+

In terms of individual stats, absolutely. As far as championships go, I dunno man, if Bronbron decides to stay in Miami they'll at the very least be contenders year in and year out.

Kobe on his 10th year averaged 35 points a game that season. Wade looked like he might never be the wade of old. Kobe scored 81 points in a single game had the best playoff domination ever in his first 10 seasons. After his 10th season he won a league MVP and back to back tiles with back to back finals MVP. Wade will not accomplish a league MVP or finals MVP. Kobe has left wade to far behind to even consider wade and kobe in the same level.

This is what people need to understand about the two. Wade was more of an athlete than Kobe was. Not to say that Kobe wasn't athletic, but Wade was always a quick guy who'd blow past defenders using his athleticism. Kobe was more of a shooter, which translates much better into old age because it takes less of a toll on one's body. Wade could always try and follow the Jason Kidd path, and focus on improving his jumper and 3 point shot while using his athleticism sparingly, but unless he does so, I say Kobe's older years will be better. In their prime though, that's always up for debate.

Bostonjorge
07-22-2013, 02:41 AM
How can a guy who never won league MVP and never will even be considered for this? Wade is not even 2nd best SG in the NBA today.

LBJ6
07-22-2013, 03:07 AM
I guess they are close... but peak wade is better than peak Kobe.

LBJ6
07-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Well I guess if they have won the finals in 2011, Lebron must have been great just like in 2012 and 2013, therefore Lebron might have been the finals MVP and not Wade..

STAT1
07-22-2013, 03:16 AM
I guess they are close... but peak wade is better than peak Kobe.

Hahahaha what?!?

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 03:18 AM

We aren't talking about prime though. We are just talking about their first ten years.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 03:24 AM

Usage is fairly important if you are considering scoring efficiency.

ewmania
07-22-2013, 03:25 AM
hahaha who cares. kobe is still the better player

ryang
07-22-2013, 04:23 AM
He's brought me 3 rings. If he gets me 5 he's as good as Kobe. IMO.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-22-2013, 04:37 AM
Kobe was is and always will be far superior to wade!

Kobe is a top 5 player ever wade top 25

TrueFan420
07-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Kobe was is and always will be far superior to wade!

Kobe is a top 5 player ever wade top 25

They're even as far as first ten years but Kobe when all said and done will have the better longevity. Wade is starting to break down already. Thus Kobe will be considered the better player. However, Kobe is not top 5. He's 10th all time at the highest.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Kobe's definitely the better player in all time rankings, but Dwade is better in the first ten years.

KingstonHawke
07-22-2013, 05:43 AM
1. First 10 years is a ridiculously dumb thing to compare.
2. Comparing stats directly is even dumber. There are way too many variables that skew those numbers.
3. Basketball is a team game. Championships and other team successes don't make you a better player.

Outside scoring = Kobe
Inside scoring = Kobe (one of the best post games from a guard ever)
Passing = Push
IQ = Kobe
Ability To Draw Double Team = Kobe
Ability To Beat Double Team = Kobe
Offense Ability Off-Ball = Kobe (Being a shooter is a BIG deal, non-shooters make bad role players)
Finishing Ability = Push
Perimeter Defense = Push
Post Defense = Kobe
Ball Handling = Wade
Durability = Kobe
Rebounding = Kobe

Kobe is one of the all time greats for a reason. Wade is great (I live in South Beach 15th and Bay Rd) but he's just never been the player Kobe is. A lot of people make the mistake of looking only at stats or awards when comparing players. But if you're going to get a real answer you have to break them down like prospects. And if you do that, the Jordan vs Kobe argument becomes very valid. Shooting is the single best ability an NBA player can have, and a lot of people like to forget that Jordan's three was suspect for most of his career.

majmarcus
07-22-2013, 05:45 AM
Kobe had a better first 10yrs and will have a better career. Kobe has been and therefore will always be the better player. Sure, Wade has had several moments. But this isnt even close ok. Get that through your head, stfu about it and dont ask about it anymore!

Oan: Kobe ranks higher than friggin 10th all-time and you know it. Now stop being ridiculous man...you know better than that so speak better than that

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 05:46 AM
1. First 10 years is a ridiculously dumb thing to compare.
2. Comparing stats directly is even dumber. There are way too many variables that skew those numbers.
3. Basketball is a team game. Championships and other team successes don't make you a better player.

Outside scoring = Kobe
Inside scoring = Kobe (one of the best post games from a guard ever)
Passing = Push
IQ = Kobe
Ability To Draw Double Team = Kobe
Ability To Beat Double Team = Kobe
Offense Ability Off-Ball = Kobe (Being a shooter is a BIG deal, non-shooters make bad role players)
Finishing Ability = Push
Perimeter Defense = Push
Post Defense = Kobe
Ball Handling = Wade
Durability = Kobe
Rebounding = Kobe

Kobe is one of the all time greats for a reason. Wade is great (I live in South Beach 15th and Bay Rd) but he's just never been the player Kobe is. A lot of people make the mistake of looking only at stats or awards when comparing players. But if you're going to get a real answer you have to break them down like prospects. And if you do that, the Jordan vs Kobe argument becomes very valid. Shooting is the single best ability an NBA player can have, and a lot of people like to forget that Jordan's three was suspect for most of his career.

"Ignores question."

"Answers what you think question should be."

**** off.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Kobe had a better first 10yrs and will have a better career. Kobe has been and therefore will always be the better player. Sure, Wade has had several moments. But this isnt even close ok. Get that through your head, stfu about it and dont ask about it anymore!

Oan: Kobe ranks higher than friggin 10th all-time and you know it. Now stop being ridiculous man...you know better than that so speak better than that

Nope. Dwade had the better ten years. Kobe came in very raw.

Greedy22
07-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Kobe wasn't even a starter until year 3.

KingstonHawke
07-22-2013, 06:09 AM
"Ignores question."

"Answers what you think question should be."

**** off.

I didn't ignore it. I said that it's a dumb question.

Greedy22
07-22-2013, 06:10 AM
We aren't talking about prime though. We are just talking about their first ten years.
Id take Bryant still. The numbers are close, but I gotta give the edge to durability and Bryant's first 2 years he came off the bench, that messes with some of his stats. Wade was no doubt still an absolute beast and exciting to watch though.

K0BE8124
07-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Dude Kobe has more offensive moves then any Guard beside MJ, Kobe has it all that's why he's not good but Great, he wants to win every game, doesn't wait for **** to happen, Kobe will always be better then wade, wade is not bad at all but he is not close to Kobe, the guy adds something new every year, all the people that put him down would love for him to be on your team and get 5 rings, the man wins close the book selfish or not, great leader or not, Idc because when I watch him everyday he gives it his all, and that's why Kobe is the man, always better clutch player, he can do it all, he wasn't drafted top 10, he worked for all this ..... I still see him playing 3-4 years( depends on who comes next year)....

sammyvine
07-22-2013, 07:59 AM
wade has never been fully healthy

kobe is better

only kobe haters will say otherwise.

DanG
07-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Kobe's last 5 years:

2 Rings
2x FMVP
1x MVP

Wade's whole career:

3 Rings
1x FMVP
0x MVP

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I feel like everyone doesn't realize that question is first ten years. Everything everyone is mentioning is irrelevant.

KobeOwnSU
07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
It's an interesting argument but I hate to compare players. The environment in which things are accomplished are always different based on each individual.

NJrockPD
07-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Remember how good T Mac used to be. Here is how he stacks up to Kobe and Wade over his first 10 seasons. I feel bad for this guy because even though his numbers aren't better they are still pretty damn good. If he found some success in the post season he might be in this conversation. Poor T Mac.

Tracy Mcgrady
PPG 22.1, TS 519, Rebounding Rate 10.65, Usage 29.72, WS 84.8, WS/48 .160

Pierzynski4Prez
07-22-2013, 08:49 AM
The age factor of when they entered the league plays a huge part in this. Numbers wise they are about as close as you could get, but I still take Kobe.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Not sure why people would take Kobe's first ten years when Wade's first ten years were obviously better.

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Wade > Kobe.

Not even close.

My thoughts exactly.

Storch
07-22-2013, 09:22 AM
So what's the right answer?

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 09:23 AM

Not much without the Ortg to go with it. Wade's at 114 and Kobe's at 111.

Sly Guy
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
no. Because I don't put much stake in the accolades and neither should anyone else.

Championships are awarded to all players on the team, regardless if you're getting 40 minutes a night or constant DNPCDs every game. What team you play for may even be outside of your control, so the rings argument falls short of my test for 'greatest ever'.

Finals MVP falls apart for a similar reason, as it's not reflective of a player's abilities against all of his peers, only the ones who made the finals against him. Being a finals MVP could simply mean you have the best mismatch that your team took advantage of.

Scoring titles are great too, but a scoring title only shows you how proficient a player was on the offensive side of the ball, which again, is a poor reflection on a player's overall ability [although most casual fans seem caught up in the offensive side of the game in their player evaluations].

I'd still pick Kobe, mainly because I feel he was a bigger part of the championships in his first 3 'ships than wade was [specifically in the last 2 with lebron]. Accolades aside, Kobe has made me more fearful as an opponent than wade ever has, and with wade's body already in significant decline I don't see that trend reversing either.

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 09:33 AM

That doesn't make any sense. He came into the league with probably the most hyped up draft prospect in the history of the Nba. Even still after his first ring, almost everyone was saying that Wade had a "Jordanesque" performance.

PhillyFaninLA
07-22-2013, 09:56 AM
I hate Kobe and believe the world is worse off for him having been born and that he was guilty in Colorado and I still don't think Wade is more accomplished at year 10 and I don't like or dislike Wade.

ATX
07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
So many of the Kobe enthusiasts are missing the question, and just going straight for their usual M.O. and tossing out stats, and now even accolades. Anyways, let's reread the question: "Is it fair to say Wade is more accomplished than Kobe through year 10'? We'll according to the evidence provided here by a number of posters, the answer is at the very least even, and really can easily be argued yes. This by no means is a shot at Kobe, so no need to get defensive. We all know that Kobe is ultimately the better player. I have him at #9 All Time personally, and Wade in the #25 area. Kobe Bryant is undoubtedly the #2 SG of All Time, Wade doesn't realistically have a chance at passing him imo. This isn't a shot at any player. It is what it is. Wade has arguably at worst, and proven at best to have had a better first 10 years in the league. I agree that Kobe clearly will have the better after 10 years. How did Wade fall of the map last year as so many Kobe enthusiasts claim. 21, 5 and 5 on 52% shooting with 2 steals and 7th best PER in the league is falling off a cliff? doesn't that sound a little ridiculous?

Slug3
07-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Kobe's last 5 years:

2 Rings
2x FMVP
1x MVP

Wade's whole career:

3 Rings
1x FMVP
0x MVP

Why even do things like this. Someone can Say Wade and Kobe the last 2 years, and Wade has 2 rings and Kobe none.

But there is going to be no correct answer because you have Wade and Kobe fans, and then fans that hate Wade and Kobe. And no matter what is put here those fans are going to find ways to support or down play the other.

pad1
07-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Sure, statistically Wade is better than Kobe in the first 10 years. But can we keep in mind that Kobe didn't start on a regular basis until his third season? Wade started right off the bat because he was a top prospect for a struggling team (nothing wrong with that). The question should be changed to Kobe's first 12 vs. Wade's first 10. That would be a fairer comparison.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Kobe's First 12
TS 557, TOV 11.6, WS/48 .188, PPG 25

DWade's First 10
TS 567, TOV 13.6, WS/48 .195, 24.7 PPG

Almost equal in value with a slight edge to Wade.

FYL_McVeezy
07-22-2013, 11:12 AM
NO

All the stat geeks out there might have an argument, but the reason why Kobe > Wade in the first 10 years stretches beyond stats......

ManRam
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
NO

All the stat geeks out there might have an argument, but the reason why Kobe > Wade in the first 10 years stretches beyond stats......

Such as...?

FYL_McVeezy
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
It's an interesting argument but I hate to compare players. The environment in which things are accomplished are always different based on each individual.

This too!

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Wade's first 10 years are better. But you need to factor in that Kobe came in younger, and in this comparison alone, had a couple of wasted years. His years 10-whatever will absolutely kill Wade's though, and I just don't see Wade passing Kobe unless he finds the fountain of youth asap. So, in other words, not happening.

kswissdaf
07-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Kobe's longevity> Wade's Kobe's Prime<Wade's prime

Chronz
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
First ten?

Why not just compare them through the same age? Like 22-32 or whatever Wade was when he entered the L.

Triple_Ocho
07-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Why are we basically comparing 7 years of kobe to 10 years of wade? Just due to the fact that kobe didnt play much those first few years tips the scales in wades favor. Compare kobe and wade from 21-31.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-22-2013, 12:05 PM
I can see the argument for Wade, but I think durability or lack thereof, will give Kobe the edge when its all said and done.

This is a big reason why Wade is unlikely to match Kobe's career from years 10+.

But a healthy prime Wade is certainly right there with Kobe. Lakers fans are just being homers saying otherwise.

Wade is awesome and so long as he had good surrounding talent, he could lead his team to contention. When he had no talent around him, he put up numbers but couldn't contend. Same applies to Kobe.

Neither of these guys could touch Lebron...who could lead his team to contention without any help at all, and with good surrounding talent, is an overwhelming favorite to win a championship.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Why are we basically comparing 7 years of kobe to 10 years of wade? Just due to the fact that kobe didnt play much those first few years tips the scales in wades favor. Compare kobe and wade from 21-31.

Its still probably very close, especially when you consider how much more efficient and unselfish Wade is compared to Kobe.

People also need to realize that Wade has played second fiddle to Lebron. This is because Wade doesn't have a huge ego. He would rather take a lesser role and win for the sake of the team.

Kobe would never do that and a Kobe/Lebron duo probably wouldn't work.

The main reason why the Lebron/Wade duo works is because Wade has taken on the roll as the sidekick. You can't have two batmans.

That is one of the big differences between Kobe and Wade. Kobe has more of an ego. This can sometimes work in favor of Kobe, but not always. Wade has less of an ego and is more efficient, so he is more likely to work better with a guy like Lebron who needs the ball in his hands to really impact the game on the level he is capable of.

The only reason I take Kobe over Wade at the end of the day is durability. Kobe has proven to be more durable thus far, and I believe Wade will prove to be even less durable as he ages.

You can't create value when you aren't on the floor, and its tough to create the value you are capable of creating when you are playing hurt. Durability is key in any sport and is underrated in its importance often times when we compare players.

smith&wesson
07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
After looking at it face value, it's very close. But Kobe started in the league a lot younger than Wade did. Also, Kobe's play after year 10 will no doubt be better than what Wade can produce. Wade is already 4th in the SG rankings and I doubt he goes past West or Kobe when his career is done to move up to #2.

+1

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Last thing I am going to say is that its just amazing how much worse Wade's image has gotten (as far as his value is perceived as a player) since he and Lebron teamed up.

Wade is currently more efficient than he has ever been in his career, and has been an intrigal part of leading the Heat to 3 straight finals appearances and 2 straight championships, but because he has taken on a lesser role for the good of the team, he somehow loses value as a player. Its absurd.

Kobe might be the man in LA and Wade may not be the man anymore in Miami, but that doesn't mean that Kobe has created more value on the court (or that he is capable of creating more value on the court).

You have to look at things in context.

Wade is playing alongside the best player in the world, hands down.

Teeboy1487
07-22-2013, 12:22 PM
As a Kobe fan, I admit, Wade is right there with him and arguably slightly better in terms of stats for the first 10 years of both of their careers. I was looking at Wade's numbers the other day and his numbers is on par with some of the best of all time. Wade is so severely underrated.

However, I have to penalize him for the championship run he just had. He was terrible in the playoffs by his standards and Kobe's standards. I still give the edge to Kobe. Wade was the better rookie though leading his team to the playoffs.

In terms of talent, Kobe was just as athletic as Wade was, but with more range as a scorer. Defensively, I say they are about equal and honestly, I would give Kobe the edge because he is the more accomplished defender than Wade.

shep33
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe but probably not. Kobe destroys Wade year 10 and beyond though.

Other considerations:

-Wade played in arguably the worst conference perhaps NBA history during that span. The West has been superior for like 14 years now and it hasn't been close. Put Kobe out east and his stats would be ridiculous

-Kobe was 17 when he came into the league

-Kobe was the 2nd option on the team for quite a while

-Kobe's was getting better after Shaq left and was expanding his game with age. Wade has been consistently declining and his playoff performances have been horrible the past 2 years

3RDASYSTEM
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Well, I think Wade's first 10 yrs are better than Kobe's first 10 yrs. Wade won a finals MVP. Kobe didn't.

BILLUPS won finals MVP so his first ten yrs trump STOCKTON/IVERSON right?

a finals MVP is the reason why WADE had a better 10yr stretch? that's all the finals MVP? damn I didn't know a 7game hyped series could carry so much weight for being 1yr out of 10yr stretch

Caveman508
07-22-2013, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't say teaming up with bron bron and Bostrich as the only way to attain 2 more rings makes him more accomplished...

TestedWest
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
11:11 make a wish

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Maybe but probably not. Kobe destroys Wade year 10 and beyond though.

Other considerations:

-Wade played in arguably the worst conference perhaps NBA history during that span. The West has been superior for like 14 years now and it hasn't been close. Put Kobe out east and his stats would be ridiculous

-Kobe was 17 when he came into the league

-Kobe was the 2nd option on the team for quite a while

-Kobe's was getting better after Shaq left and was expanding his game with age. Wade has been consistently declining and his playoff performances have been horrible the past 2 years

pretty much dude. Wade came in older, with a bigger role, so Kobe kind of gets hurt here because of that. Which is why maybe measuring them by age (whenever Wade started) for 10 years is better.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't say teaming up with bron bron and Bostrich as the only way to attain 2 more rings makes him more accomplished...

I still don't get why it matters how super teams are put together. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh did it because their front offices weren't intelligent enough to do it. Well, actually, in Wade's case, that is not true. Giving credit to individual players because they happen to play for a great front office never makes sense to me.

2-ONE-5
07-22-2013, 01:31 PM

good logic

beliges
07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
I still don't get why it matters how super teams are put together. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh did it because their front offices weren't intelligent enough to do it. Well, actually, in Wade's case, that is not true. Giving credit to individual players because they happen to play for a great front office never makes sense to me.

Well Admittedly Lebron did it so he can have an "easier" time winning championships. He even admitted as such. Cannot blame him for doing that but surely you can understand why people have a problem with it.

WadeKobe
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
the fact is that when on the floor, Wade is the better player and has always been. the problem is that Wade hasn't spent enough time on the floor, and Kobe's career has been more valuable, and it likely will remain that way.

Wade was and always will be the better player, Kobe has the better career.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Well Admittedly Lebron did it so he can have an "easier" time winning championships. He even admitted as such. Cannot blame him for doing that but surely you can understand why people have a problem with it.

He admitted what now? And again, none of that matters to me. If your front office can't get you the help, unfortunately you have to go find it. Not everyone can play for the 80's Celtics/Lakers, or the 90's Bulls, or the 90-2000's Spurs/Lakers.

JordansBulls
07-22-2013, 04:01 PM

Won a scoring title in 2009.

LegendsNvrDie23
07-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Terrible thread, with incredibly dumb posters.

OceanSpray
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
No, simply because Wade's longevity is a huge issue. Even if Wade gets more rings than Kobe, he'll never surpass him. Kobe is stick and stone the 2nd greatest SG and that should not be debated.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
No, simply because Wade's longevity is a huge issue. Even if Wade gets more rings than Kobe, he'll never surpass him. Kobe is stick and stone the 2nd greatest SG and that should not be debated.

How is this a question of longevity. It's just first ten years. That's not a problem at all.

THE MTL
07-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Well Kobe wasn't much his first 2 seasons in the league while Wade was killing it in the playoffs of his rookie year. I agree that Wade's first 10 might be better but Wade's last few years are going to be much worst than Kobe. Wades decline is very rapid.

MrfadeawayJB
07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Wade isn't on Kobe's level and seeing wade has about 2 good years left he will never be

LakersMaster24
07-22-2013, 10:05 PM
How is this a question of longevity. It's just first ten years. That's not a problem at all.

Yeah, but for some reason you refuse to understand the concept that Kobe came into the league at 17, didn't have much of a role in first 2 years, and played with a superstar Shaq...

SportsFanatic10
07-23-2013, 12:09 AM
wade has the slight edge is statistics, but kobe coming off the bench early on makes it hard to judge perfectly fairly. overall kobe will go down has having had the better career with his consistent high level play over many years. but wade had the better peak, and will go down as the number 3 sg in league history by the time he's done if he isn't already. it sucks that he doesn't have better knees.

DR_1
07-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Whatever the OP's on, I want some.

Bostonjorge
07-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Kobe has the #2 SG ranking on lock while nipping at #1 jordan heels. Wade will drop from this rankings every year he stays in the league while guys like harden and George pass him by.

fresh prince
07-23-2013, 03:30 AM
Its still probably very close, especially when you consider how much more efficient and unselfish Wade is compared to Kobe.

People also need to realize that Wade has played second fiddle to Lebron. This is because Wade doesn't have a huge ego. .

:laugh2:

Shortly after Miami won its second straight NBA title, Wade revealed his new nickname.

"My name is 'Three.' Not Dwyane. Alright. Thank you," he said before any questions could be asked during his postgame media availability. When the first reporter to ask Wade a question started by referring to him as "Dwyane," the three-time champ quickly shook his head with a smile on his face and said, "No."

Nope no Ego there at all.

Jogumesapeh
07-23-2013, 03:31 AM
No, it isn't

Hawkeye15
07-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Well Kobe wasn't much his first 2 seasons in the league while Wade was killing it in the playoffs of his rookie year. I agree that Wade's first 10 might be better but Wade's last few years are going to be much worst than Kobe. Wades decline is very rapid.

if we ask this thread question, a case can be made for Wade being just ahead of Kobe. If we ask for the comparison for their second 10 years, Kobe absolutely destroys Wade.

MaloDaw9
07-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I have always liked and respected Wades game but I have to say hell no, Kobe is on a different level.

Caveman508
07-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Riddle me this guy...

Without Bron would Wade have 3 rings? nah son... no

It is a problem.. no competetion = boring

It's the ***** way out, eventually if you have a trio of players such as those jackassess who are extremely talented/best players they will win a ring.. It's cheap and stupid but that's a story fro another day...

Wade is no where near as accomplished.. Kobe did it twice without help like Wade got

camador22
07-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Riddle me this guy...

It's the ***** way out, eventually if you have a trio of players such as those jackassess who are extremely talented/best players they will win a ring.. It's cheap and stupid but that's a story fro another day...

Wade is no where near as accomplished.. Kobe did it twice without help like Wade got

Wrong, without Shaq and Pau, Kobe would have no rings. I happen to think Kobes been the extremely fortunate to have a great team put around him. Keep in mind Wade had to carry the 06 Heat single handedly in the finals. This is something Kobe has never had to do with his super teams.

Caveman508
07-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Wrong, without Shaq and Pau, Kobe would have no rings. I happen to think Kobes been the extremely fortunate to have a great team put around him. Keep in mind Wade had to carry the 06 Heat single handedly in the finals. This is something Kobe has never had to do with his super teams.

What are you smoking on lol Kobe did it without Shaq, and PAu is not Shaq, Bron is not Shaq nor is he Pau AND Bostrich its ludicrous to think Wade has accomplished more lol it's a joke and as a Celtics fan, I hate Kobe but respect him

ChicagoJ
07-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Stats matter, but so does the eye test. And from what I've seen Kobe has clearly been the better player.

Denverbronco007
07-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Wade is not close to Kobe... I don't care what the stats say... Both in their prime i'm taking Kobe..

camador22
07-23-2013, 04:46 PM
What are you smoking on lol Kobe did it without Shaq, and PAu is not Shaq, Bron is not Shaq nor is he Pau AND Bostrich its ludicrous to think Wade has accomplished more lol it's a joke and as a Celtics fan, I hate Kobe but respect him

Not sure what your previous arguement was about then since Wade has also won without Lebron. Bottom line is they both needed stars to win. Without Pau Kobe kept getting knocked out if the first round. The question was in the first 10 years did he accomplish more. Since thats the question than I would have to say Wade did accomplish more in the first 10 years.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Riddle me this guy...

And how many rings does Kobe have in his first 10 seasons if you take away Shaq?

Like I always said, you can personally hold it against a player for finding help (btw, Wade stayed with his team, those guys came to him, is he supposed to say no?), but to me, I don't look at it any differently than a player being given help. If anything, the Kobe/Duncan/Bird/Magic players had it easier. They were just fortunate to latch onto a great front office from the get go..

Hawkeye15
07-23-2013, 04:52 PM

did what, in his first 10 years?

This isn't a "who had the better career" question, It's who had the best opening 10 seasons. Wade has a case.

LakersEaglesLA
07-23-2013, 06:50 PM
WHO cares abt the first 10 years. If your in a 100 yard dash race and your winning at the 40 yard Mark but you get smoked and lose the race by 20 yards no one cares if you were ahead half wayy thru... Dumb Question!

Chronz
07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
WHO cares abt the first 10 years. If your in a 100 yard dash race and your winning at the 40 yard Mark but you get smoked and lose the race by 20 yards no one cares if you were ahead half wayy thru... Dumb Question!

If you dont like the thread then stay out because that analogy was horrible.

numba1CHANGsta
07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Come back when Wade scores 81 points in a game :)

koreancabbage
07-23-2013, 07:21 PM

LOL DUMB ANSWER! i didnt even get a quality answer to the question.

LakersEaglesLA
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
If you dont like the thread then stay out because that analogy was horrile.
Just because your reading comprehension sucks it doesn't mean the analogy was horrible!

LakersEaglesLA
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
LOL DUMB ANSWER! i didnt even get a quality answer to the question.
Maybe because you DIDN'T get a quality question..

OceanSpray
07-24-2013, 06:09 AM

Because Wade has been sucking it up these past two years.

Guppyfighter
07-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Because Wade has been sucking it up these past two years.

No, he's been fine these last years. If you mean playoffs, this was his only ****** year in the playoffs.

And Kobe was by far worse in his first three years because he came in raw, so that offsets.

majmarcus
07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Stats matter, but so does the eye test. And from what I've seen Kobe has clearly been the better player.

This and This again. Eye test all day...

Bostonjorge
07-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Kobe in his 10th season averaged 35.4 points that season. Peak wade was eliminated in the 1st round 3 times. Kobe had an 81 point game and took a rebulding team to the playoffs with no talent on that team. How is peak wade better then kobe the first 10 years? Without lebron wade would of never been in the 2nd round again.

AIRMAR72
07-24-2013, 06:30 PM
even tho wade is a better overall player the and tobe is finish the answer is NO

b@llhog24
07-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Dead God, i love this new points system.

xxplayerxx23
07-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Wades peak is better then Kobe. BUT he will not jump Kobe no chance in hell unless his knees magically get better and he plays until he is 37 and continues what he did last year

camador22
07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Kobe in his 10th season averaged 35.4 points that season.
Peak wade was eliminated in the 1st round 3 times. Kobe had an 81 point game and took a rebulding team to the playoffs with no talent on that team. How is peak wade better then kobe the first 10 years? Without lebron wade would of never been in the 2nd round again.

Peak Kobe was eliminated in the 1st round 3 times and miss the playoffs once. I doubt Kobe will ever pass the first round ever again. I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Just because your reading comprehension sucks it doesn't mean the analogy was horrible!

um, he stated early in this thread that the subject makes no sense, since Wade came in far older, etc.

OceanSpray
07-26-2013, 07:30 PM
No, he's been fine these last years. If you mean playoffs, this was his only ****** year in the playoffs.

And Kobe was by far worse in his first three years because he came in raw, so that offsets.

I guess that's true but Kobe's first 10 years beats Wade easily. He was more dominant and you can knock those first three years but he barely saw the minutes that Wade had.

OceanSpray
07-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Kobe in his 10th season averaged 35.4 points that season. Peak wade was eliminated in the 1st round 3 times. Kobe had an 81 point game and took a rebulding team to the playoffs with no talent on that team. How is peak wade better then kobe the first 10 years? Without lebron wade would of never been in the 2nd round again.

Woah... Peak Wade was a legit MVP. He got robbed that year because he was by far the best player. Kobe averaged 34.5, who cares? You guys overrate points to a huge extent. Wade was rebounding, blocking shots, defending, he literally had to do everything. 2008-2009 was amazing to watch. When Wade played against the NYK and Chicago, definitely a thing to watch,