PDA

View Full Version : Why Jennings Isn't Getting Any Offers

Guppyfighter
07-20-2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHndbNPYi0

bucketss
07-20-2013, 06:01 PM
if bryan colangelo was still raps gm, and we had cap space. he would probably be offered some serious cash.

ManRam
07-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I like the comment "why isn't Allen Iverson still in the league".

One-dimensional high volume scoring PGs are meh. I don't mind scoring point guards one bit, but he's just so bad at it and brings nothing else to the table. He's gonna have to swallow his pride and sign an offer sheet less than he ever though he'd get.

tr3ymill3r
07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
That was a great breakdown video, I really wish someone could get Jennings to watch that to realize that he isn't as great as he thinks he is.

TheMightyHumph
07-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Jennings just isn't worth a big contract

DerekRE_3
07-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Jennings just isn't worth a big contract

He's not worth a medium contract.

AI4MVP
07-20-2013, 06:43 PM
I would be okay with a sign and trade involving JJ Barea and Derrick Williams with Brandon Jennings coming to Minnesota to play a 6th man role.

Blitzace137
07-20-2013, 06:50 PM
He overrates himself and so did his agent = No contract. He's worth around 5-8 million not 12.

spreadeagle
07-20-2013, 06:50 PM
good video, damn he lost out some big cash by not extending

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Is this a serious question?

TheGreaterFool
07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Poor mans version of Allen Iverson.

Sly Guy
07-20-2013, 07:05 PM
if bryan colangelo was still raps gm, and we had cap space. he would probably be offered some serious cash.

sad, and very much true

rockets-fan
07-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Poor mans version of Allen Iverson.

Poor man, more like a homeless mans version.

beasted86
07-20-2013, 07:29 PM
If he was smart, he would watch that video, take the qualifying offer, greatly improve his decision making and have a career year... then cash in on an 8 figure contract as an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2014.

Raymond Felton was looked at as a low percentage chucker who was out of shape, then he took his Q.O. from the Bobcats and had a career year and got a nice $15M contract from the Knicks.

RiceOnTheRun
07-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Coach Nick always has really nice in-depth analysis videos haha. Guy actually knows what he's talking about and can usually back it up with facts. Forget Jennings, PSD should watch more of his videos and learn how to back **** up.

Hellcrooner
07-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Cause when you want 12 million a year and you are worth a Mini mle and Isiah Thomas is out of a Gm job.................... things are not gonna be easy.

homestarunner93
07-20-2013, 09:54 PM
If he was smart, he would watch that video, take the qualifying offer, greatly improve his decision making and have a career year... then cash in on an 8 figure contract as an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2014.

Raymond Felton was looked at as a low percentage chucker who was out of shape, then he took his Q.O. from the Bobcats and had a career year and got a nice $15M contract from the Knicks.

There's a little bit of information left out of your Felton story there. He turned down a 5 year/$40 million extension from the Bobcats the off-season before, and ended up settling for 3 years/$15 million from the Knicks.

SluggeR
07-20-2013, 10:02 PM
With teams tanking for the upcoming draft, teams that could use him being over the cap, and with him being a RFA, just made for a bad sequence of events..

AddiX
07-20-2013, 10:58 PM
All of jennings problems on the court now are the same problems he had as a rookie and now teams have a scouting report on him, they'll give him those shots all day.

Besides BJ is the type of dude too focused on his swag while he wears a snap back with a cartoon character on it to be spending time learning how to layup a basketball with his right hand. Dude had hype as a rook, he's not a rook no more, him and his fans don't seem to realize that.

aTinyPanda
07-21-2013, 12:01 AM
All of jennings problems on the court now are the same problems he had as a rookie and now teams have a scouting report on him, they'll give him those shots all day.

Besides BJ is the type of dude too focused on his swag while he wears a snap back with a cartoon character on it to be spending time learning how to layup a basketball with his right hand. Dude had hype as a rook, he's not a rook no more, him and his fans don't seem to realize that.

I cringed so bad at some of those left-handed, on the right side of the hoop, layups in that scouting vid OP posted. I mean my God. You should not be playing in the NBA and still resort to one hand going to the rack. It makes no sense to me.

LeperMessiah
07-21-2013, 12:35 AM
His more often than not 1/11 shooting nights are to die for.

3RDASYSTEM
07-21-2013, 12:43 AM

One-dimensional high volume scoring PGs are meh. I don't mind scoring point guards one bit, but he's just so bad at it and brings nothing else to the table. He's gonna have to swallow his pride and sign an offer sheet less than he ever though he'd get.

I could crush this with quotes from HOF legendary coaches and players but whats the use

1 dimensional? what else do you want a basically NATE ROBINSON sized PG to do? he played 7yrs with a core of snow/mckie and was the only scorer on that team so what was he supposed to do pass to snow and mckie?

you psd experts are the best

did you watch him at G'TOWN?

What if your favorite player had a core like mckie/snow instead of MILLER or YAO? Had YAO/TMAC stayed healthy they would have been dangerous but TMAC was left with nothing so he advanced nowhere right?

I could see if he played with championship talent for 11 out of 12yrs instead of complete opposite, they weren't supposed to go to 01' FINALS, IVERSON was only scorer-creator and other teams had more talent top to bottom easily

I guess leading the NCAA big east conference 2x back to back in steals and earning DPOY in big east then taking that same exact ballhawking talent to the nba and lead it 3x in a row means bringing nothing else to the table?

not to mention his mental and physical toughness and play every game like its his last attitude

also his 10 steals In a playoff game is still a record

I don't know how much you keep up with nba but do you recall when KG wanted AI bad when he found out he was available before PHILLY shipped him to DENVER? he wanted AI very badly, KG that is

even JORDAN played for crumbs with the WIZARDS and don't give me that he owned the team **** because we seen what happened when he tried to get his position back after he officially retired

and just to think he scored like many great offensive players combined in 1 small player, his arsenal was that lethal from coming off a screen to going iso 1 on 1, you are extremely confused when it comes to IVERSON

Laker Legend42
07-21-2013, 12:51 AM

That and he's restricted. If someone offers some lowball deal that would play into the bucks hands. They would match and hold on to him. He's in a bad situation. He should just sign a one year deal with the bucks and wait

koreancabbage
07-21-2013, 12:53 AM
he's going back to Europe.

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2013, 01:19 AM
He might as well cut off his right hand cause he doesn't use it

AddiX
07-21-2013, 01:20 AM
he's going back to Europe.

His style is awful for Europe ball. But he better change his game up soon, or he's gonna be on the same level as Nate Robinson. I'm not even sure he's better than Nate at this point.

Which is crazy to think, but realistically, Nate really may be better.

SportsFanatic10
07-21-2013, 01:23 AM
plenty of talent, but needs to become a smarter player especially with shot selection as a pg. also he needs to become more committed on the defensive end and work on his weaknesses to become more well rounded. he has the potential to get a huge deal, but he has to go get it first and he hasn't done enough yet.

Laker Legend42
07-21-2013, 01:33 AM
I could crush this with quotes from HOF legendary coaches and players but whats the use

1 dimensional? what else do you want a basically NATE ROBINSON sized PG to do? he played 7yrs with a core of snow/mckie and was the only scorer on that team so what was he supposed to do pass to snow and mckie?

What if your favorite player had a core like mckie/snow instead of MILLER or YAO? Had YAO/TMAC stayed healthy they would have been dangerous but TMAC was left with nothing so he advanced nowhere right?

I could see if he played with championship talent for 11 out of 12yrs instead of complete opposite, they weren't supposed to go to 01' FINALS, IVERSON was only scorer-creator and other teams had more talent top to bottom easily

I guess leading the NCAA big east conference 2x back to back in steals and earning DPOY in big east then taking that same exact ballhawking talent to the nba and lead it 3x in a row means bringing nothing else to the table?

not to mention his mental and physical toughness and play every game like its his last attitude

I don't know how much you keep up with nba but do you recall when KG wanted AI bad when he found out he was available before PHILLY shipped him to DENVER? he wanted AI very badly, KG that is

even JORDAN played for crumbs with the WIZARDS and don't give me that he owned the team **** because we seen what happened when he tried to get his position back after he officially retired

and just to think he scored like many great offensive players combined in 1 small player, his arsenal was that lethal from coming off a screen to going iso 1 on 1, you are extremely confused when it comes to IVERSON
Dude. You could write iversons biography.people miss on how a guy so small could be so talented. I don't see any comparisons on how Jennings could be mentioned in the same breath as the answer.

Laker Legend42
07-21-2013, 01:36 AM
His style is awful for Europe ball. But he better change his game up soon, or he's gonna be on the same level as Nate Robinson. I'm not even sure he's better than Nate at this point.

I think all young point guards need a good veteran point guard to help them along for a few years. I thought billups would have been great for steph curry.

asandhu23
07-21-2013, 05:28 AM
I remember when people in Warriors' forum were angry that W's chose Curry over Jennings. Cohan did a great job building the hype around him. Then when he had that 55 point game against the Warriors, people went insane. :laugh2:

asandhu23
07-21-2013, 05:30 AM
I forget how the anti Curry tide in those days turned into pro Curry tide. Probably the crazy rookie year run he had post all star game.

Kashmir13579
07-21-2013, 06:20 AM

Nate is better.

Sly Guy
07-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I remember when people in Warriors' forum were angry that W's chose Curry over Jennings. Cohan did a great job building the hype around him. Then when he had that 55 point game against the Warriors, people went insane. :laugh2:

sadly, that has remained the highlight of his career so far.

JasonJohnHorn
07-21-2013, 10:41 AM
If Jennings is your team's starting point guard and primary ball handler... you are in trouble.

Obviously the id is very talented, but his fundamentals are way off, which is what you'd expect from somebody who skipped college. He is the type of player who really could have benefited from 4 years at college.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2013, 11:08 AM
If Jennings is your team's starting point guard and primary ball handler... you are in trouble.

Obviously the id is very talented, but his fundamentals are way off, which is what you'd expect from somebody who skipped college. He is the type of player who really could have benefited from 4 years at college.

very much so. you could tell in interviews at the time of his drafting that he had real maturity issues.

i admit to being a little biased because i have a genuine dislike for PG's that are scorers. i just can't stand them. bad for basketball IMO.

but if you are shooting 40% from the field and you still take 15+ shots a night you better be Damon Stoudamire on the 95-96 Raptors or something similar or there is no excuse.

Hellcrooner
07-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Something tells me he could stay 9 years at college and learn nothing.

He did learn Nothing at Italy , in europe you have less games so coaches spend more time teaching plays, teaching fundamentals, and he took nothing of it.

Basically, hes a lost cause.

ManRam
07-21-2013, 11:34 AM

I'm not going to waste my time reading this, but if you think I seriously think Jennings is at all close to the talent that Iverson was you're wrong. The comment was a joke. It's funny because there might be an iota of a parallel there, but it was nothing more than a joke. I do think Jennings would have benefited being in the league 10 years earlier than he eventually made it, but Iverson obviously was a far more special player.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm not going to waste my time reading this, but if you think I seriously think Jennings is at all close to the talent that Iverson was you're wrong. The comment was a joke. It's funny because there might be an iota of a parallel there, but it was nothing more than a joke. I do think Jennings would have benefited being in the league 10 years earlier than he eventually made it, but Iverson obviously was a far more special player.
this is very true. basketball stats and the fans understanding of them have come a long way. we should start a thread on that topic. whose reputation would be most altered by playing in this era? would make for interesting discussion...

Goose17
07-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't want Jennings on my team.

End of.

AddiX
07-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Nate is better.

Yeah, I agree, a lof of still fans still see bj as this elite talent, but really, Nate is better.

This makes me lol.

mrblisterdundee
07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Don't worry guys; I just sent this to Brandon Jennings' Twitter account.

Goose17
07-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Don't worry guys; I just sent this to Brandon Jennings' Twitter account.

LOL. I really hope he reads it and doesn't just dismiss it as haters.

If he actually worked on his efficiency and his maturity, he might get the contract he wants.

Hellcrooner
07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Maybe he gets an account and blast us :p

SINCESTARBURY25
07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
So many Jennings haters wow dude is one of my favorite players.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2013, 03:55 PM
So many Jennings haters wow dude is one of my favorite players.

out of curiousity - why?

SINCESTARBURY25
07-21-2013, 05:34 PM
out of curiousity - why?

I followed him when he played over seas and watched him a lot his rookie season just like to watch the kid play ball and think on a good team he'd be a great starter.

ldawg
07-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Its just my opinion If the guy want to get paid and want to play for the home crowd and get to become a house hold name he would sign the qualifying offer with Bucks and become a unrestricted agent next summer. Teams will low ball him now because Bucks can match. See what happened to jeff and Eric a couple years back. Its best u do what Howard did so you can go where u want. IMO his best bet is Lakers.

Aust
07-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Great informative vid.

I still remember that 50+pt game he had early on as a rook

ldawg
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Jennings worm your way to the Lakers. Dantoni system got your name all over it. Its show time baby.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Inefficient chucker. If he's not on, forget it. The 55 point game was the worst thing to happen to him. Also bad attitude and immature. Burned bridges early. Mentions the limelight and big markets. Also said he wouldn't mind a Mark Cuban for a owner. Changing agents to get more money. Passes when he wants to. Been reported in locker room say if I have to shoot 30 times to get a win he will.

That's after a loss. Also some of the other guys on the team heckled him while he was with reporter in locker room they said "Hollywood" really loud. Let it slip he might not wanna be here during a game last year. Also then he can pass when he wants to. Cause fans were mocking him on the radio when Ellis was getting tons of assists in the pg role. So then Jennings goes out for 3 games in a row getting over ten dimes a game. Then after that resorts back to chucking and slumping.

Hopefully a sign and trade happens. Him on the QO would be bad news. He was already bummed out we went after Teague first then traded for Ridnour. Also if he takes the QO he has the right to refuse a trade. A QO is like a no trade clause. The team needs his consent where he gets dealt to. So Bucks really don't want the QO. We want a sign and trade. Worst case he's dealt where he wants on the QO when he can be dealt. Or we renounce his rights. Then he walks.

Guppyfighter
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Look at this.

http://tinypic.com/r/2uzdkkp/5

He's as bad as these three players. Jesus.