Walker
Gordon/Henderson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Zeller
Jefferson

Doesn't seem too bad does it... haha mother****ers #BobcatNation

JerseyPalahniuk
07-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Yes points per game and free throw percentage are the only factors that lead to wins.

Dwight Howard's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Al Jefferson's defense.

And that's an understatement.

hugepatsfan
07-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Al Jefferson is a better offensive C than Dwight IMO. Dwight's a game changer on defense though and Al Jefferson is a huge liability. That more than makes up the marginal difference on offense.

Robby Cano
07-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Look, Bobcats had zero shot at Dwight. Jefferson might drop 25 a game with the offense flowing through him. he could shock the world.

Bobcats could shock the world.

#BobcatNation

NYCkid12
07-19-2013, 02:46 PM
this guy is the ultimate troll lol

ManRam
Jefferson is better than Howard offensively.
Howard is better than Jefferson defensively.

The gap between the former is very little.
The gap between the latter is as big as one could possibly imagine.

That's all there is to it :shrug: And if you think Jordan knows what he's doing... :laugh2:

PER does a terrible job factoring in defense. In terms of RAPM, which does a MUCH better job at that, Howard ranked 6th in the NBA, essentially solely because of defense. Jefferson ranked outside the top 5. The Jazz were better with Jefferson off the court than on it last year.

JerseyPalahniuk
Look, Bobcats had zero shot at Dwight. Jefferson might drop 25 a game with the offense flowing through him. he could shock the world.

#BobcatNation

Then why did you make the title "MJ know what he is doing" and then go on to compare Dwight and Jefferson?

NYCkid12

#BobcatNation

By doing what? possibly 7-8 seed and a first round exit

Robby Cano
07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
How am I trolling? For believing in a team with young players and a lot of potential?

They can't keep losing games for 50 years. They have to break out sometime.

Once someone comes around PSD with a different view then anybody else, that person is a troll or is wrong. There is few posters here who have the BALLS to say what's true without getting RIPPED apart by *******s.

GoferKing_
07-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Jefferson is better than Howard offensively.
Howard is better than Jefferson defensively.

The gap between the former is very little.
The gap between the latter is as big as one could possibly imagine.

Say what? Howard's offensive skills are near those of Jefferson? WTF? xD

LegendsNvrDie23
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Lol.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-19-2013, 03:14 PM
How am I trolling? For believing in a team with young players and a lot of potential?

Once someone comes around PSD with a different view then anybody else, that person is a troll or is wrong. There is few posters here who have the BALLS to say what's true without getting RIPPED apart by *******s.

DUDE. If you had made a thread called "Bobcats will surprise this season" with some reasons why you felt so that would be completely fine. Saying "MJ knows what he's doing as the TITLE" and then implying that Jefferson was a better pick up then Howard when the cats had ZERO chance to even get howard . Not realizing what you are doing is even more trolling.

NYCkid12
07-19-2013, 03:17 PM

What does this mean to you? break out like a top 4 team in the east? championship caliber? Cause if thats what you mean.......theres no shot

If squeeking into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed and then getting bounced in the 1st round is breaking out...then maybe

And I'm guessing your reffering to yourself as one of those people who "says what is true"....so what in the least 10 years has Jordan done to show you he knows what he was doing?? Adam Morrison? Kwame Brown?? Trading for Diop??

TrueFan420
07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Howard

17.1 PPG
49.2 FT PCT
PER RANK - 36TH
2013-2014 Salary - $20.5M

Jefferson

17.8 PPG
77.0 FT PCT
PER RANK - 21ST
2013-2014 Salary - $13.5M

Walker
Gordon/Henderson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Zeller
Jefferson

Damn your either trolling really hard with this thread and the Chris Paul one or you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Either way stop making threads.

AYozzy
07-19-2013, 03:21 PM
you drafted CODY FREAKIN ZELLER!

smith&wesson
07-19-2013, 03:38 PM

#BobcatNation

dont you mean hornets nation ?

UPRock
07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
This guy is a troll and he's not a Bobcats fan, close this thread.

abe_froman
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
what ,in the entire history of mj's decision making,makes anyone have faith that he knows what he's doing.

as for al jeff comparisons to howard,just stop.your embarrassing yourself. al jeff is an empty stat machine ,who sucks on defense.the gap between him and howard is quite significant

ManRam
07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Say what? Howard's offensive skills are near those of Jefferson? WTF? xD

The gap between their production for their careers is negligible. Skills? Nah, Dwight is trounced. But Howard still gets it done and produces at a similar level offensively. Be it offensive rebounds, broken plays, sheer strength...whatever. The proof is in the production.

Actually, if you look at offensive production, Howard trumps Jefferson. Again, skills matter, but I'm less worried about HOW Dwight has a career TS% of 60% than the fact that he does.

There's a gift and a curse of a big man being skilled. Al has a nice mid-range game, for example. However, he shoots more mid-range shots than anything else, and those are the least productive shots in basketball. Dwight doesn't shoot them, so even though he's less skilled he's taking better shots and thus his efficiency sky-rises.

PurpleJesus
07-19-2013, 04:18 PM
#BobcatNation

PurpleJesus
07-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Chris Bosh

16.6 ppg
53% shooting
6.8 rebs

Cody Zeller
16.5 points
56% shooting
8 rebs

Bosh makes 19 million per year, Zeller makes 4 mill...

#Jordanknowswhathesdoing
#BobcatNation

hugepatsfan
07-19-2013, 04:48 PM
The gap between their production for their careers is negligible. Skills? Nah, Dwight is trounced. But Howard still gets it done and produces at a similar level offensively. Be it offensive rebounds, broken plays, sheer strength...whatever. The proof is in the production.

Actually, if you look at offensive production, Howard trumps Jefferson. Again, skills matter, but I'm less worried about HOW Dwight has a career TS% of 60% than the fact that he does.

There's a gift and a curse of a big man being skilled. Al has a nice mid-range game, for example. However, he shoots more mid-range shots than anything else, and those are the least productive shots in basketball. Dwight doesn't shoot them, so even though he's less skilled he's taking better shots and thus his efficiency sky-rises.

And one thing the stats don't show is how late Dwight causes big man to be on rotations because they're busy boxing him out.

tp13baby
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
this guy is the ultimate troll lol

No just a homer that is excited about his team having potential in a top heavy conference.

carruthers32
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Howard

17.1 PPG
49.2 FT PCT
PER RANK - 36TH

Jefferson

17.8 PPG
77.0 FT PCT
PER RANK - 21ST

Walker
Gordon/Henderson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Zeller
Jefferson

You make some stupid ***** posts.

carruthers32
07-19-2013, 05:13 PM
#BobcatNation

What kind of fan are you? It's the Hornets...

Theyhateme459
07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
We are still a true superstar away from being more than mediocre, middle of the pack, fighting for a first round sweep exit type of team.

tredigs
07-19-2013, 05:29 PM

#BobcatNation

Who are the Bobcats? I feel like after this season nobody will want to remember they existed.

RLundi
07-19-2013, 05:36 PM
The picture in my sig is my response to this thread title.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Jordan is the perfect example of why players opinions mean shat. Just because a player plays the game does not mean they know basketball. There is a large majority of PSD people whom could do a better Job Than Jordan.

JEDean89
07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
if mkg can become an offensive threat you guys will be good. i think yall should have tanked for a true superstar though. what's the point of sucking for a decade with only Kemba, MKG and Zeller to show for it, then get good the one year there are 3-4 potential superstars.

Ebbs
07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Also Dwight had a bad year lol...

ElChinoLatino
07-19-2013, 06:38 PM

With MJ as GM, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Al Jefferson is a black hole on offense.

Let me know the pain of giving Dwight the ball and him dunking it.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Not really but I think people are unfairly hating on that Zeller pick, most likely cause he's the wrong color. I know it's summer league but the kid is a baller, way better than BizMarkie Buffalo

OceanSpray
07-19-2013, 10:01 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know how he's trolling. by saying MJ knows what he's doing or by being a bobcats fan

OceanSpray
07-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Chris Bosh

16.6 ppg
53% shooting
6.8 rebs

Cody Zeller
16.5 points
56% shooting
8 rebs

#Jordanknowswhathesdoing
#BobcatNation

Did you really grab stats from College vs NBA? Bosh would average 30/20/90% in College right now..

AddiX
07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
First time I've ever seen a bobcats fan start a thread in the NBA forum...

bholly
07-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Honestly, I've always felt like the beating up on MJ as an owner was unfair - he's been in there for so short of a time, and you could interpret most of what he's done as just trying to rebuild the right way and therefore should suck.

But this Jefferson move is just hilariously awful. Now I'm pretty prepared to say he looks like a crappy owner, and I'm really disappointed in Cho.

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Cody Zeller will be better than Dwight Howard

The Cove
07-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Chris Bosh

16.6 ppg
53% shooting
6.8 rebs

Cody Zeller
16.5 points
56% shooting
8 rebs

#Jordanknowswhathesdoing
#BobcatNation

:rolleyes: i actually lold at this

PurpleJesus
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
:rolleyes: i actually lold at this
Good, It Was A Joke.

Jenceman
07-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah but he doesn't even try at defense

IndyRealist
07-19-2013, 11:18 PM
This is why PER makes me sad.

Munkeysuit
07-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Knowing what your doing and doing it are 2 different things, I can sit behind my computer and dream up the perfect NBA team from 1-15, I am pretty sure anyone can do it! but actually doing it? with the restrictions they have and the rules they play by? thats a different story.
Jordan is just playing the hand he was dealt, sure he's made some bad choices and bad decisions, but you live and you learn and there will come a point when he can lo longer afford to lose and then the real Michael Jordan will appear.

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 11:49 PM

It's an aggregate of the boxscore. Don't pay it mind. It might as well be a traditional statistic.

lvlheaded
07-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Jordan drafts Cody Zeller over Nerlens Noel and Ben McLemore....that is all

heyman321
07-20-2013, 12:25 AM
dont you mean hornets nation ?

What kind of fan are you? It's the Hornets...

He's more of a fan than you are. They aren't changing to the Hornets name until NEXT NEXT (2014-2015) year. They are still the Bobcats next year.

#bobcatsnation

TheMightyHumph
07-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Honestly, I've always felt like the beating up on MJ as an owner was unfair - he's been in there for so short of a time, and you could interpret most of what he's done as just trying to rebuild the right way and therefore should suck.

But this Jefferson move is just hilariously awful. Now I'm pretty prepared to say he looks like a crappy owner, and I'm really disappointed in Cho.

Signing AJ might be the best move Jordan has made.

Explain the wisdom of the Tyson Chandler trade.

ldawg
07-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Howard is very athletic thats his advantage it helps him be a monster on the boards and defense. His free throw shooting really a problem, can be silly on d at times getting in foul trouble, Can be a bad teammate when he dont get his way. If you a talking about the pick and role Howard who do the dirty work then he is then the absolute best center in the NBA. If you get the bad teammate Howard of the Last 3 years who for some crazy reason thinks he is Kareem and and want the ball dump into him then its going to be hard. Jefferson is very Solid but cant dominate can fit in any system and a great teammate. IMO two different Players. If i am building an entertaining team I role with Howard Trying to win rings i role with Jefferson.

UPRock
07-20-2013, 01:15 AM

And so far he's playing better than both, his selection is looking very good.

RiceOnTheRun
07-20-2013, 01:19 AM
DUDE. If you had made a thread called "Bobcats will surprise this season" with some reasons why you felt so that would be completely fine. Saying "MJ knows what he's doing as the TITLE" and then implying that Jefferson was a better pick up then Howard when the cats had ZERO chance to even get howard . Not realizing what you are doing is even more trolling.

This.

I suppose in the eyes of a Bobcats fan, a breakout season would be going .500, so there's that. Unless Lebron, Melo, Hibbert, DWill, Kyrie, Josh Smith and Wall all get simultaneously injured, there is a zero percent chance they make the playoffs.

heyman321
07-20-2013, 01:35 AM

I'm not even a Cats fan but Cody Zeller has looked better than Mclemore. Mclemore has flat out sucked in SUMMER LEAGUE. Also Noel isn't even back from ACL surgery. And Cody Zeller looks far better than either of his brothers.

Vinny642
07-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Pelicans have a better shot to shock the world as compared to the Bobcats... MJ is a pretty bad owner

LeperMessiah
07-20-2013, 01:39 AM

#BobcatNation

Al may shock the world, but the bobcats wont.

LeperMessiah
07-20-2013, 01:41 AM

No that's just being stupid with no remorse for what you say and being called out by the overwhelming large community who will point that out to you. If this who you are in real life (Which you probably are) I hope you not only have the balls, but strength to endure what will come to you.

Lo Porto
07-20-2013, 08:33 AM
First time I've ever seen a bobcats fan start a thread in the NBA forum...

I'm glad Bobcat fans have faith in their team. Good for them. I hate seeing a team be a constant doormat and I worry about that fanbase. This roster has potential:

Walker, Henderson, MKG, Zeller & Big Al

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm not even a Cats fan but Cody Zeller has looked better than Mclemore. Mclemore has flat out sucked in SUMMER LEAGUE. Also Noel isn't even back from ACL surgery. And Cody Zeller looks far better than either of his brothers.

So did Anthony Randolph and Anthony Morrow. It's summer league brah

IndyRealist
07-20-2013, 09:43 AM
It's an aggregate of the boxscore. Don't pay it mind. It might as well be a traditional statistic.

It's a weighted aggregate, and the weights make no sense and give disproportionate credit to really, really bad shooters as long as they shoot in volume.

John Walls Era
07-21-2013, 04:30 AM
From Kwame Brown to Morrison. MJ sure knows what he's doing.

Guppyfighter
07-21-2013, 05:28 AM
It's a weighted aggregate, and the weights make no sense and give disproportionate credit to really, really bad shooters as long as they shoot in volume.

Yeah. You are 100 percent correct.

Kashmir13579
07-21-2013, 06:22 AM
I support this thread.

jam
07-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Jordan is part of a group of young, inexperienced owners along with Dolan and Buss. Like these other owners, he is very controlling, and doesn't do well delegating authority it seems. Unlike Dolan and Buss however, Jordan is in a tiny market and can't afford to make a lot of mistakes, whereas his peers can.

I just don't see Jordan being successful as an owner. The most likely scenario is that he sells the team within 5-10 years after losing money on the team for the majority of his tenure.

ManRam
07-21-2013, 10:36 AM

PER is a useful stat if you know what exactly it's telling you. The way it weights defense is just so poor, and Hollinger himself would be the first to tell you that. Since the gap defensively is so huge here, that's to explain most of the reason Jefferson is way ahead of Howard. Now, Dwight's PER was 5 points lower than what it was the year before so there's that too. The gap between Jefferson and Dwight was less than normal + it does a terrible job at evaluation defense so that helps explain why Jefferson rated slightly higher.

It's a stat that's not dissimilar that most others in that it has flaws. But it still does tell something.

PER also is accused of favoring inefficient volume shooters, as someone said earlier. That explains this too because Jefferson, while being more skilled offensively, is WAY more inefficient and usually puts out more volume shooting-wise.

This might be the best example of how PER is misleading. And again, if you look at a (better) stat like RAPM, you'll see a HUGE gap, as it probably should be. Unless you really want a center who can shoot midrange jumpers and make 40% of them, there's no reason to prefer Jefferson over Dwight.

jimm120
07-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Howard

17.1 PPG
49.2 FT PCT
PER RANK - 36TH

Jefferson

17.8 PPG
77.0 FT PCT
PER RANK - 21ST

Walker
Gordon/Henderson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Zeller
Jefferson

As someone said...why have Dwight there...c'mon...

But as for your thread...I think they have a chance. They just NEEEEEED a scorer. Al Jefferson/Zeller/Biyombo seem like a great combo up front. Zeller has impressed a lot in the summer league. But they NEEED someone to become that go-to main scorer. Kemba doesn't seem to be it. Kidd-Gilchrist didn't show elite levels.

But if Kidd-Gilchrist can develop into a top 5 talent (as he was drafted) and Walker can do well, and if Zeller is as good as he showed, they'll be a much better team.

Oh, btw, Patrick Ewing all the way!

Mr Grim
07-21-2013, 11:33 AM
MJ totally knows what he's doing. That's why he drafted the great Kwame Brown with a #1 pick :laugh: