PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul IS Overrated.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:39 AM
I don't care what you say.

The Clippers have surrounded him with an immense amount of talent. Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, Crawford, role players such as Ryan Gomes.

CP3 can't do it when it matters. He let his home town lose by 50 in a playoff game, are you ****ing kidding me. He is a average point guard with great players around him to make his stats look nice.

If I was starting a team and could have any PG in the league, I would take
- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

goingfor28
07-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Please do tell me when he played with Ryan Gomes in LA. And also how Ryan Gomes is considered talent.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:43 AM
2011-2012. Gomes can drain 3's and spread the floor nicely. Should've been able to space out the floor like no other when it was Paul, Billups, Crawford, Gomes and Griffin.

Reversed86Curse
07-18-2013, 08:44 AM
That's team performance. As a PG he's the best in the league hands down. He had crap help in NO, and still performed as the best PG while making his team better.

But sometimes 'ya just need to rant....

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Okay. All the cray people come out at this time.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:47 AM
That's team performance. As a PG he's the best in the league hands down. He had crap help in NO, and still performed as the best PG while making his team better.

What makes Chris Paul the best PG in the league? I'm sorry. I just don't get it.

His passing? Rondo's better.
Rebounding? Rondo, Rubio, Lowry.
Scoring? Irving, Westbrook, Rose are better, ARGUABLY Tony Parker, too.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:48 AM
What makes Chris Paul the best PG in the league? I'm sorry. I just don't get it.

He actually does all of those things better than all of those guards except rebounding.

Lil Rhody
07-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes yes we get it rondo is god. Hahahaha dude your gonna get ripped in here

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
He actually does all of those things better than all of those guards except rebounding.

No, he doesn't lol. Rondo is a more creative, better, smarter and more efficient passer then Chris Paul. You're going to tell me Paul is a better rebounder then Westbrook? Lowry? Curry? Evans? Holliday? Wall?

And scoring... please. Westbrook, Irving and Rose are all leagues above Paul in scoring.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes yes we get it rondo is god. Hahahaha dude your gonna get ripped in here

I don't think Rondo is better? He is a better passer. And arguably a better rebounder, too.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't think Rondo is better? He is a better passer. And arguably a better rebounder, too.

Rondo is most certainly not a better passer. Unless you want more turnovers. You think turnovers are better?

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
This is a troll account and I feel no longer obligated to post in this.

This should be locked and deleted. If not, the PSD's made their own bed.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Rondo is most certainly not a better passer. Unless you want more turnovers. You think turnovers are better?

Rondo averaged 2 more assists.
1 more turnover.

Cancel that out, 1 assist.
I'll take it.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:58 AM
1 more turnover.

I'll take it.

I am so sorry you are this simple or willing to troll at eight in the morning.

Method28
07-18-2013, 09:08 AM

1 more turnover.

I'll take it.

So you'll take a 1-1 assist to turnover ratio.

Oh and Paul had a crap Jordan, billups who barely played, bledsoe who is gis backup and a washed up shell of himself Butler. Wont argue.griffin but the rest man...cmon.

Cp3 poops on Rondo

jaji10
07-18-2013, 09:11 AM
chris paul is good definitely better than rondo, irving but if im starting a team i would choose rose or westbrook over him.. he's not a dominant player that you need to double him every possession that's why come playoff time he always comes up short.. you cant blame his supporting cast with that., he's definitely a regular season mvp type player but won't lead you to championship as you can see with his resume..

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 09:16 AM

you basically said it. He's the only PG that possesses all three abilities while none of the other ones do at least one of them well. Best of any of the other PGs you mentioned have 2/3 of those abilities.

Chris Paul has all 3.

end of story. Thanks for proving Chris Paul is the best PG.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Russell Westbrook last year.

23.2 PPG, 7.4 APG, 5.2 RPG.

Chris Paul last year.

16.9 PPG, 9.7 APG, 3.7 APG

Hmmmm... Westbrook outscored Paul by 7 points, outrebounded him by 2 boards, and yet only averaged 2 less assists... weird...

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Chris Paul last year.

Hmmmm... Westbrook outscored Paul by 7 points, outrebounded him by 2 boards, and yet only averaged 2 less assists... weird...

mind you Paul was way more efficient than him in both FG% and FT% and turned the ball over less

ManRam
07-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Chris Paul last year.

Yes, because those three basic stats tell the whole story...

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Westbrook shot 43 percent and Paul shot 48, not that big of a difference lol

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 09:31 AM

huge difference over the course of a season.

And I'm not saying Westbrook sucks. He's a great talent but he needs to more on that team than Paul needs to do on the Clippers.

So who do you say is the best overall PG? i didn't read much into the first page.

BklynKnicks3
07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
best pg in the nba stop it.

Swashcuff
07-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Anyone who has ever bounced a basketball knows that that's a huge difference.

grkmaster
07-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Anyone who has ever bounced a basketball knows that that's a huge difference.

lmfao funny... in a long season that is a biggggg difference

Chris Paul last year.

Lets do some simple math by rounding off the nearest digit...

He outscored him by 6.3 not 7 so thats 6 points

Assists difference is almost 3 but lets keep it at 2 for ***** and giggles

2 assists is either somewhere between 4-6 points so in the end the difference is a crapshoot since he provides his 17 points and 4-6 points on assists which is 21-23 points total and also averages less turnovers. So no, Westbrook is not better. I like westbrook, but he is not better....

Also Rondos lack of shooting puts him below chris paul..

now have a nice day and hide under a rock for life.

Slug3
07-18-2013, 09:38 AM

The Clippers have surrounded him with an immense amount of talent. Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, Crawford, role players such as Ryan Gomes.

CP3 can't do it when it matters. He let his home town lose by 50 in a playoff game, are you ****ing kidding me. He is a average point guard with great players around him to make his stats look nice.

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

Nothing against Bulls fans, but I would not take Rose over any of these guys at the moment. Been out over a year and I have yet to see what he looks like.

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 09:40 AM

lets take a look at those TOTAL numbers

412 makes 856 attempts 444 missed shots
673 makes 1535 attempts 862 missed shots

As you can see, Chris Paul takes 400 shots and have about the same amount of misses.

Westbrook has missed over 800 shots - wasted scoring opportunities that could have gone to Ibaka, Durant etc.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 09:44 AM

2 assists is either somewhere between 4-6 points so in the end the difference is a crapshoot since he provides his 17 points and 4-6 points on assists which is 21-23 points total and also averages less turnovers. So no, Westbrook is not better. I like westbrook, but he is not better....

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17nfr8kxdsnqjjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
lets take a look at those TOTAL numbers

412 makes 856 attempts 444 missed shots
673 makes 1535 attempts 862 missed shots

As you can see, Chris Paul takes 400 shots and have about the same amount of misses.

Westbrook has missed over 800 shots - wasted scoring opportunities that could have gone to Ibaka, Durant etc.

The Thunder play off of Westbrook and Durant and his role is too shoot so I'm confused as why you don't want him to shoot man haha

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Billups was old. Butler sucks. Griffin is overrated. Jordan can't shoot. Bledsoe is a kid

That's it?

Paul is the best PG in the NBA, and that's on average starting from his rookie year. Not every year, but overall.

I don't care what you say, because your argument is bougs.

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

Rondo is hugely inferior to CP3 - and I'm a Celts fan. Rose has 1.5 great years. Parker is excellent, but not better. DWill has mixed in some bad years with his good ones. Westbook is great except he shoots too much.

All over CP3.

Well that's good to know.

Chalk up another guy to put on ignore.

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Maybe you should learn about eFG% and TS%

Swashcuff
07-18-2013, 09:47 AM

If you understood that chart you'd know that that actually hurts Rondo, why don't you stack Chris Paul's next to it while you're at it.

BklynKnicks3
07-18-2013, 09:49 AM
westbrook has the luxery of playing with durant do u people even consider the situations or is everything stats. This why i cant say durant is better then melo because when westy got hurt. Durant looked exactly like melo some 10 for 30 games and lost more playoff games then he won

grkmaster
07-18-2013, 09:54 AM

All that proves is he scores inside mostly.
Here his percentages of his 3 point shooting.. lack of taking the shot and his horrible FT for a PG showing his lack of a mid range jumper.

http://i44.tinypic.com/f3w6ra.jpg

grkmaster
07-18-2013, 09:56 AM
dup

MrfadeawayJB
07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
He is overrated a bit. The team they have this year is serious and if he can't get them into the finals (assuming healthy) than that's sad

sportscrazed
07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
The creator of this thread lost all credibility when he said that a 43% fg% and a 48% fg% are similar (for a whole season). So does that mean a 39% and 44% fg% are similar? Additionally "Robby Cano" only looks at the most basic stats which some have pointed out. He hasn't look at advanced stats nor simple ones such as fg%, ft% (Rondo), TOs, Steals, etc. Only Points, Rebounds, and Assists...

:facepalm:

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 10:26 AM
The creator of this thread lost all credibility when he said that a 43% fg% and a 48% fg% are similar (for a whole season). So does that mean a 39% and 44% fg% are similar? Additionally "Robby Cano" only looks at the most basic stats which some have pointed out. He hasn't look at advanced stats nor simple ones such as fg%, ft% (Rondo), TOs, Steals, etc. Only Points, Rebounds, and Assists...

:facepalm:

kind of reminds me of the arguments that Lebron haters use hahahahaha but we digress.

Chronz
07-18-2013, 10:30 AM
LMFAO did he really just mention Ryan Gomes as an asset? LMFAO the same guy that got amnestied and had his wife defend him from the onslaught of hatred Clippernation threw at him for sucking balls?

Gomes and CP3 played like 10 minutes together, whats the point ?

Yikes, I had no idea Rondo was such a bad shooter

justinnum1
07-18-2013, 10:33 AM
OP is making a good argument for a 250post minimum before starting a thread.

FYL_McVeezy
07-18-2013, 10:35 AM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

Drugs are bad, mmmmmkay

Swashcuff
07-18-2013, 10:36 AM
OP is making a good argument for a 250post minimum before starting a thread.

That way PSD's NBA forum would be a much better place. Start a petition.

thenaj17
07-18-2013, 10:39 AM

The bolded is strictly not true. He had David West and Tyson Chandler whilst he was there aswell as Peja.

Although i do agree that CP3 is 1 of top 3 pg's and far better than Rondo & Irving. Others are all debateable but he's also better than Westbrook and Parker in my eyes.

Bookey
07-18-2013, 11:00 AM
As a die hard Bulls fan, as a dir hard D.Rose fan. CP3 is the best point guard in the league. Funny how he says he's overrated, but would take one of if not the most overrated player in the league Rajon Rondo over him.

TheIlladelph16
07-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Rajon Rondo is the PG who is overrated, not CP3.

Rain City
07-18-2013, 11:12 AM
he is overrated. based on this yr. his team definitely underachieved, he missed 12 games (significant) to reoccuring leg injuries that makes him wear a huge brace and miss games throughout his career. hes a great PG, i think hes about to hit his decline if he hasnt already and the contract could be toxic for LAC.

3RDASYSTEM
07-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Maybe you should learn about eFG% and TS%

or maybe just watch the games in live person or on nba ticket and use your past knowledge on knowing who impacts the game and in which ways

RUSS is more of a shooting guard mindframe, didn't he have to switch to PG from SG? isn't PAUL a natural PG straight out of WF but once dropped 60pts in a HS game? eFG and TS have nothing to do with who they are as a player, CP3 has to score more and create and to me he has been limited because of that knee surgery and his excess weight he has put on from it, after 3 yrs its pretty much to see who RUSS is and for damn sure who CP3 is

quit confusing people with that Einstein crap, RUSS has a FINALS trip as 1a option, PAUL has none as no 1 option

they are both all star/Olympians, i'd take CP3 on draft night but wouldn't be mad at all if I had to pick the other

3RDASYSTEM
07-18-2013, 11:28 AM
westbrook has the luxery of playing with durant do u people even consider the situations or is everything stats. This why i cant say durant is better then melo because when westy got hurt. Durant looked exactly like melo some 10 for 30 games and lost more playoff games then he won

true but some yrs back when KD was out and RUSS went off for 35+ like each time and they were competitive, of course its a luxury playing with KD just like KD found out this past postseason the luxury it is to have an attacking scoring PG

Its a fine line between being avg to good to super good, the super good players can carry a team deep in playoffs as lone scorer- creator, CP3 hs yet to do that in his HOF type career, RUSS has more work to do

houstonfan
07-18-2013, 11:30 AM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

You forgot Jeremy Lin on your list...

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 11:36 AM
or maybe just watch the games in live person or on nba ticket and use your past knowledge on knowing who impacts the game and in which ways

I sit with people all the time at games that are fans - some for 40+ years like me. They watch the ball. They are not looking at picks, at nasty fouls, at cutters, at give and goes, at who is missing left, who is and isn't playing D, who is getting deep in a defensive stat and who is crouched over 2" because they are tired/lazy.

Do you in your wildest imagination actually think everyone here gets the same amount out of every game? Really?

I don't have time to sit here and give a series of primers so that the people you are advising can actually make good use of all this time watching. Therefore advising them to think of something outside of their experience might in some cases help them understand more, and not be bound by the simple dictates of being a fan - "my team good" "other team bad".

Clippersfan86
07-18-2013, 11:39 AM
LMFAO did he really just mention Ryan Gomes as an asset? LMFAO the same guy that got amnestied and had his wife defend him from the onslaught of hatred Clippernation threw at him for sucking balls?

Gomes and CP3 played like 10 minutes together, whats the point ?

Yikes, I had no idea Rondo was such a bad shooter

Hahahaha... this post got me. Seriously when he mentioned Gomes I busted up laughing out loud. Gomes was a trash scrub who stayed a year later than he should have because Vinny had a mancrush on his "toughness".

heyman321
07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd take Parker and Westbrook over him, but nobody else.

Colts_4_life
07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
This guy is trolling. lmao at this cornball including John Wall in this discussion. I'm a die hard Wizards fan, but Wall does not belong to be mention in this thread.

sp1derm00
07-18-2013, 12:01 PM
CP3 is the model of efficiency as a PG. High FG%, high FT%, low turnovers. He is more well rounded than any PG. He can score, he can definitely pass, and he's one of the best defenders at his position.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html?redir

Westbrook: well below the league average in FG% and no, his advanced stats don't help him out much as he's a poor 3 point shooter. He's a good rebounder and a good playmaker for his position though. Good defensively.

Rondo: Good FG% but 3FG% and FT% make his TS% go down to even below Westbrook's levels. Poor scorer. Great rebounder and playmaker for his position. Great defensively.

Rose: Based on 2012's play, is a lot like Westbrook has been this past season. Rose's rebounding numbers are low, but that could be because he plays with Noah while Westbrook doesn't really have a dominant rebounder on his squad. Assist numbers are similar as well. Defensively, not as good as Westbrook or Rondo.

Deron: Had a great season, his TS% is up there thanks to his above average 3 point shot and FT%. Average rebounder and despite having a lower than average apg this season, still should be considered a great playmaker. Decent defender.

Irving: Good scoring abilities. Above average rebounding. Good playmaking. Rotating door on defense.

Parker: Better scorer than CP3, worse rebounder and playmaker. Pretty decent defensively.

Curry: Probably the most deserving of comparison to CP3 based on last season's play, surprisingly. TS% is up there with CP3's thanks to his amazing shot. Definitely a better scorer than CP3. They have roughly the same rebounding ability, both above average. In terms of playmaking, CP3 has Curry beat but the difference isn't as much as stats would show. Curry played a lot off the ball with Jack on the floor last season. Defensively, CP3 is still better.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 12:04 PM
2012-2013 Stats

Tony Parker - 20.3 PPG, 7.6 APG
Russell Westbrook - 23.2 PPG, 7.4 APG
Chris Paul - 16.9 PPG, 9.7 APG
Deron Williams - 18.9 PPG, 7.7 APG
Stephen Curry - 22.9 PPG 6.9 APG

sp1derm00
07-18-2013, 12:16 PM
2012-2013 Stats

Doesn't tell the whole story. CP3 played less minutes, grabs more rebounds than most of those PG's, has much lower TO totals, and is a much more efficient scorer than anyone on the list not named Stephen Curry.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Doesn't tell the whole story. CP3 played less minutes, grabs more rebounds than most of those PG's, has much lower TO totals, and is a much more efficient scorer than anyone on the list not named Stephen Curry.

More rebounds?

LOL.

11 point guards grabbed more boards a game then Paul.

Face it.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

Krizzle88
07-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I want to see if Clippers can get past 2nd round in the playoffs

Krizzle88
07-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Rose > Paul any day of the week

grkmaster
07-18-2013, 12:27 PM
2012-2013 Stats

and that he doesnt put into consideration that those extra assists equals or beats the total points accumulated btw points and assists..

TheIlladelph16
07-18-2013, 12:36 PM
OP is clearly trolling at this point.

shep33
07-18-2013, 12:36 PM
He's not overrated, still arguably the best pg in the NBA (A healthy Parker should probably also be considered).

TheNumber37
07-18-2013, 12:43 PM
You know what this thread is missing?
Stats? Facts, if you will.

Deron Williams is more overrated than Paul as evidenced by him not playing at a higher level than paul for the past 3 or 4 years.

Rondo is great, but if YOU are STARTING a team you cant pick Rondo because he will have no one to pass to.

sportsfan222
07-18-2013, 12:44 PM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.
this is the only post i have read so far in the thread, and i must say first of all , congrats on having the balls to start a thread like this on PSD, because majority of people believe its not even debatable and chris paul is deff the best pg in the nba, and a top 3 player.

i have to say as i have preached on this site for a few months since i joined, i agree 100 percent.

the guy may put up nice stats and all, but at the end of the day, when its the postseason, the guy is the furthest thing from a top 3 player in the league like many people like to claim he is.

does he suck? no, but he is nowhere near the player a healthy derrick rose is ( yes i said it, nowhere near, roses explosiveness separates the 2 by a wide margin) and id prob rather have russel westbrook on my team as a player, but not as a pure pg, given the fact that westbrook has a lot more ability than paul when it comes to scoring, driving to the rim, etc. paul is a better ''PG'' Then westbrook, but not a better player.

paul is deff overrated by nba fans in general.

Htownballa1622
07-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Rose > Paul any day of the week

:eyebrow:

Chronz
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM
this is the only post i have read so far in the thread, and i must say first of all , congrats on having the balls to start a thread like this on PSD, because majority of people believe its not even debatable and chris paul is deff the best pg in the nba, and a top 3 player.

i have to say as i have preached on this site for a few months since i joined, i agree 100 percent.

the guy may put up nice stats and all, but at the end of the day, when its the postseason, the guy is the furthest thing from a top 3 player in the league like many people like to claim he is.

does he suck? no, but he is nowhere near the player a healthy derrick rose is ( yes i said it, nowhere near, roses explosiveness separates the 2 by a wide margin) and id prob rather have russel westbrook on my team as a player, but not as a pure pg, given the fact that westbrook has a lot more ability than paul when it comes to scoring, driving to the rim, etc. paul is a better ''PG'' Then westbrook, but not a better player.

paul is deff overrated by nba fans in general.

CP3 did a better job of leading his injured team against the Grizzlies than Durant did. CP3 led our offense brilliantly, its not his job to anchor the paint.

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 01:11 PM
so basically, i don't get the point of this thread. Its purely based off a minority opinion. the majority think Chris Paul is the best pure PG that plays his position the best.

Now if you think another PG is the best PG out there, he would CERTAINLY be overrated.

see what I just did there?

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2013, 01:19 PM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.
stopped reading there.

Robby Cano
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
so basically, i don't get the point of this thread. Its purely based off a minority opinion. the majority think Chris Paul is the best pure PG that plays his position the best.

Now if you think another PG is the best PG out there, he would CERTAINLY be overrated.

see what I just did there?

Can you read? I stated who I thought was better.
And while doing it, I completly forgot about Steph Curry.
Point Guards better than Chris Paul (WHEN HEALTHY)
-Rajon Rondo
-Russell Westbrook
-Tony Parker
-Derrick Rose
-Steph Curry

Jabears85
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM

D. Rose above all.

-Rajon Rondo
-Russell Westbrook
-Tony Parker
-Derrick Rose
-Steph Curry

CP3 is overrated /thread

BIG worm
07-18-2013, 01:36 PM
cp3 is and always will be over rated on psd.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree with those who say Paul gets a slight pass for the level of player he is, when it comes to winning.

But over the past 6 years or so, he has fairly easily been the best PG in the game.

Now, if I had to choose a PG to lead me for the next 5 years, obviously I am not taking Paul over some of the super talented young PG's like Westbrook, Rose, etc, simply due to Paul most likely slowing down in a couple of years.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
07-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I would respond to this thread but the OP doesn't care what I have to say...so what's the point? :sad2:

Just had to post because LARRY SANDERS!!! has something he would like to say.

\/

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 01:38 PM
-Rajon Rondo
-Russell Westbrook
-Tony Parker
-Derrick Rose
-Steph Curry

exactly. and you're overrating every single one of them.

Every one of those PGs have a flaw and or weakness. Paul doesn't have a weakness (other than shooting 3's but we'll just count that as part of FGs made%)

Rajon Rondo - can't shoot
Russel Westbrook - shoots too much
Tony Parker - doesn't pass enough
Derrick Rose - doesn't pass enough/ poor shooter
Steph Curry - no defense

and i'm sure there are many other factors. What does Chris Paul perform poorly in?

Htownballa1622
07-18-2013, 01:43 PM
D. Rose above all.

CP3 is overrated /thread

D Rose above all? Maybe at fancy layups.

Cp3 might be a little overrated by getting his pass in the playoffs but he's def the best pg in the game.

Pistol_Pete
07-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Look. I'm all for arguments and debates, but when you say Chris Paul is an average point guard, you lose all credibility and the argument is over right there. Overrated? Argue that all you want. X player is better than Paul? Sure argue that. But saying he's average. That's not an opinion. That's wrong. Troll.

nimzboy
07-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Lol this threads a joke. Rondo cant even shoot a 10 ft jumper and is scared to score. Cp3 is the most well rounded pg in the game.

ztilzer31
07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Paul is a boss. Comparing a pure PG to Russel Westbrook is blasphemy, and Rondo is the most overrated player in the game. Let's see how many assists he gets when his team has no offense, and they leave Rondo wide open on the perimeter.

Some of those young guys could eventually be better, but I can't help you if you Paul doesn't pass your eye test. Best decision maker in the NBA.

bucketss
07-18-2013, 02:24 PM
if you don't care what we say, why make this thread...

More-Than-Most
07-18-2013, 02:43 PM
People are using the playoffs to get on paul but do not seem to notice he played out of his mind in those said playoffs and the team around him who everything thinks is amazing was garbage.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I agree with those who say Paul gets a slight pass for the level of player he is, when it comes to winning.

But over the past 6 years or so, he has fairly easily been the best PG in the game.

Now, if I had to choose a PG to lead me for the next 5 years, obviously I am not taking Paul over some of the super talented young PG's like Westbrook, Rose, etc, simply due to Paul most likely slowing down in a couple of years.

How has he performed in said playoffs though? Its hard for me to agree with that when you factor in just this past playoff performance he is basically the only one that showed up

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html#all_playoffs_per_game

For his playoff career he Averages about 21/10/5/ while shooting 48 percent from the field.. 40 games.... :speechless:

carruthers32
07-18-2013, 03:16 PM

umm yes it is...

ztilzer31
07-18-2013, 03:27 PM
umm yes it is...

Lol this.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
How has he performed in said playoffs though? Its hard for me to agree with that when you factor in just this past playoff performance he is basically the only one that showed up

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html#all_playoffs_per_game

For his playoff career he Averages about 21/10/5/ while shooting 48 percent from the field.. 40 games.... :speechless:

I mean compared to other superstars. Most the time, the criticism isn't even fair, but have you ever heard Paul being bashed like LeBron for example?

ArmLaker
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Paul is definitely not average however you can argue who is better between him, d will, tp, west, and rose at the pg position.

b@llhog24
07-18-2013, 03:40 PM
I mean compared to other superstars. Most the time, the criticism isn't even fair, but have you ever heard Paul being bashed like LeBron for example?

He's also wasn't nor is nearly as hyped. Honestly the fact the people can't admit that he's the best point guard in the league just goes to show how underrated he is.

IKnowHoops
07-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Westbrook shot 43 percent and Paul shot 48, not that big of a difference lolIf two teams shoot that way you know thats a 96-86 point game. 10 point swing. Thats the difference between a good team and a bad team. That % is a lot bigger of a deal than you think.

VCaintdead17
07-18-2013, 03:42 PM
I am so sorry you are this simple or willing to troll at eight in the morning.

:laugh:

Krizzle88
07-18-2013, 03:45 PM

Don't get all cocky cuz you got Howard

Vikingfan84
07-18-2013, 03:45 PM

I may be biased considering I'm a Hornets/Pelicans fan, but Paul is the best PG in the league RIGHT NOW and has been for quite a few years. CP3 has no urgency to score, he gets his teammates involved first and foremost. He could head into the 4th with 0 points and end up with 15 when he starts realizing he needs to be more aggressive. CP3 can score at will when he needs to. CP3 isn't accountable for rebounding, but he can do it as well as Rondo.

I'd start a team with CP3, that's how great he is. Irving and Rose are great, but they're scoring PG's. They're not that great at getting others involved. Westbrook attempts about 30 shots per game and only averages low 20's. Chris Paul shoots about half that and scores as much if not more. And Rondo is a bum. Wait until this season now that Pierce, Allen, and Garnett are all gone. He was only has good as the people around him.

In my mind, Tony Parker may very well be the 2nd best PG in the league.

sammyvine
07-18-2013, 04:00 PM
i think rose is better than paul

his style of play is suited to the playoffs imo

LakersKB24
07-18-2013, 04:20 PM
How is Chris Paul overrated? He's the best PG in the NBA period. There might be better scorers than him at his postition, like Rose or Westbrook (efficiency aside), there are better rebounders than him. The thing about Paul is that he's at least top 5 in every category among point guards. Also, there's not another guy who can read and control a game like CP3.

Even though I really started to dislike him when he went to the Clippers, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I think Paul is great and so is Rose, but I also think Irving will be better than both this year based on pure talent. As far as the command of the offense goes, it's Paul bar none.

Cali4rnia
07-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Chris Paul is a complete package. He is a very good decision maker. You are talking about rondo is a better passer but why can't he make free throw or even a jump shot? Compare apple to an apple not an orange. There is only one point guard that can be compared to Chris paul its Deron williams. They both have similar abilities. Rose, Westbrook they all are scoring guards.

Htownballa1622
07-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Don't get all cocky cuz you got Howard

lmao. what relevance does Howard have here? No one's being cocky..

abe_froman
07-18-2013, 04:39 PM

disagree with this.they have surrounded him with talent,but imense talent? no,just look at the players you named,outside of blake there is no immensely talented players,they're good..not great.you also ignore the fact that the clip were injured in the playoffs....and by any measure he is a great pg

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

though i slightly agree with this,all the choices you have all have legit cases to be taken over paul

there is no true single best pg,you can choose any of those guys as best and not be wrong(they all have legit claim for being the best).so your argument is true, as soo many fans act as if he's the "no duh" best g in the league,no questions asked.and by doing that it makes him very overrated

Longhornfan1234
07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Rondo is a better passer, defender, rebounder, and slasher. He's a walking triple double.

CP3 completely wets the bed twice against the Spurs in the playoffs. He lost to an inferior team(grizzlies) hahaha. Rondo carries an old/crippled team to ECF. He took the world champions to game 7. He outplayed the best player since MJ in couple of those games.

Vikingfan84
07-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Robby Cano, just started watching Bball, give him some time to realize what talent looks likes.

Method28
07-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Rondo is a better passer, defender, rebounder, and slasher. He's a walking triple double.

CP3 completely wets the bed twice against the Spurs in the playoffs. He lost to an inferior team(grizzlies) hahaha. Rondo carries an old/crippled team to ECF. He took the world champions to game 7. He outplayed the best player since MJ in couple of those games.

Rondo is an alien. You heard it here 1st! Well ive heard that before but I'll take credit. My friend is a MIB agent and he told me so. Parker dresses in drag after every Tuesday night game. Westy is also and alien named Flark-Flark. Steph Curry has baby ankles...literally. Rose has a serious addiction to backgammon. DWill is only playing bball to keep his activator hair product company afloat.

Cp3 however, is a humble and gentle soul. A true American.

So i really dont understand these arguments against cp3, its pretty clear who's best.

For what its worth, id take flark-flark 2nd.

D_Rose1118
07-18-2013, 05:20 PM
the thing i dont understand about paul is how come his team never does ANYTHING in the playoffs, like cmon dude, you lost in the FIRST round this year..

i think people underrating paul has made him become overrated

his team isnt winning, that used to be fine in New Orleans, i realize he didnt have any talent around him, but no more excuses now, he is LA and not winning... still

ShowtimeNo24
07-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Chris Paul was the starting PG for Team USA in the Olympics. I don't think you can argue against that. As it was mentioned before, CP3 is the most complete pg out of the others.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Good job Mods. Letting a troll thread go on seven pages.

PhillyFaninLA
07-18-2013, 05:39 PM
You want to call him overrated thats fine to but to call him average is ridiculous.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Lol to be fair I am not sure anyone has gotten bashed like James when you factor in how great said player actually is

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Chris Paul is a complete package. He is a very good decision maker. You are talking about rondo is a better passer but why can't he make free throw or even a jump shot? Compare apple to an apple not an orange. There is only one point guard that can be compared to Chris paul its Deron williams. They both have similar abilities. Rose, Westbrook they all are scoring guards.

Right, and more:

Rebounding is a strictly secondary activity for a guard. Rondo disobeyed many times chasing offensive glass when he was supposed to be getting back to cover the advancing ball.

Rondo holds the ball and actually passes up bunnies to get more assists. Paul has a much better Asst/TOV ratio than Rondo.

Anyone that counts Rondo anywhere near CP3 just watches Rondo on TNT - because that's when he plays hard. He dogs so many games at home on local TV it's ridiculous.

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 05:59 PM
the thing i dont understand about paul is how come his team never does ANYTHING in the playoffs, like cmon dude, you lost in the FIRST round this year..

i think people underrating paul has made him become overrated

his team isnt winning, that used to be fine in New Orleans, i realize he didnt have any talent around him, but no more excuses now, he is LA and not winning... still

We at the cliche factory thank you for using up so many - was it all a coy joke?

I guess you fans here are far too young to have any observations - or to learn anything from Oscar Robertson's career?

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Another guy that just catches Rondo on TNT. Rondo is vastly inferior to Paul. Starting from his emotional problems, maturity issues, shooting woes, to his morbid stat collection.

I know you didn't watch much of Rondo this last season because his defense fell through the floor.

Legitimate
07-18-2013, 06:07 PM
IMO Chris Paul is over rated. I would take many pg's over him anyday of the week. He doesn't perform in the playoffs, the NBA is about going deep into the playoffs, who cares about what goes on during the regular season.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 06:13 PM
IMO Chris Paul is over rated. I would take many pg's over him anyday of the week. He doesn't perform in the playoffs, the NBA is about going deep into the playoffs, who cares about what goes on during the regular season.

Chris Paul's playoff stats are amazing. Are you high?

b@llhog24
07-18-2013, 06:25 PM
i think rose is better than paul

his style of play is suited to the playoffs imo

I wholeheartedly agree.

http://nbaarena.com/en/news/3031/derrick-rose-joins-bulls-on-bench

kblo247
07-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Chris Paul's playoff stats are amazing. Are you high?

As are his *** kickings Parker gives him.

Paul hasn't had a truly great playoff run. He doesn't carry a scoring load. He can't log big minutes. He also gets beat by Parker a lot and played even by guys like Conley.

He's a joke. Now I'm not saying empty stats like Love, but I am saying he is a regular season guy. He pounds teams without elite PGs in the regular season. Then gets his *** handed to him by elite PGs especially Deron in Utah. Then he doesn't always make the playoffs and needs his minutes coddled as he is injury prone. He makes a fine 2nd but you ain't winning with him as the man which is why he can't sniff the conference finals

Best pg in the game but not a superstar. League hasn't had a superstar pg since NJ Kidd

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 06:40 PM

3 times in his 8 year career his team failed to make the playoffs. Guess they must have sucked...

Of the other 5:

'07-'08: beat a 51 win team (Dallas 4-1); lost to SAS, a great team of vets - but took them 7. Paul played better than any other player in the post season that year - some choke.

'08-'09: 7th seed losing to a 2nd (yeah this never happens). Paul had a poor playoff - but just 5 games

'10-'11: 7th seed losing to a 2nd (this time the Lakers). Paul was easily and far and away the best player on both teams in this series. How is that his fault?

'11-'12: 5th seed beat the 4th seed. Played great in the first round, wasn't good against the Spurs. Young, Evans, Jordan, Williams, Foye, and Butler were all worse.

'12-'13: 4th seed lost to a 5th. Again Paul was by far the best player on the court. Griffin, Crawford, Butler, Jordan, and Billups not only were poor, they were all brutal.

That's what's wrong with urban legends. They keep getting repeated. So 6 playoff series - 4 where he was either the best player in the league or the floor, and two where he was pretty bad - but still better than other key players on his team.

I don't see a choke when I see him, but I see people too lazy to challenge assumptions right here.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Paul hasn't had a truly great playoff run. He doesn't carry a scoring load. He can't log big minutes. He also gets beat by Parker a lot and played even by guys like Conley.

He's a joke. Now I'm not saying empty stats like Love, but I am saying he is a regular season guy. He pounds teams without elite PGs in the regular season. Then gets his *** handed to him by elite PGs especially Deron in Utah. Then he doesn't always make the playoffs and needs his minutes coddled as he is injury prone. He makes a fine 2nd but you ain't winning with him as the man which is why he can't sniff the conference finals

Best pg in the game but not a superstar. League hasn't had a superstar pg since NJ Kidd

That's patently false.

Example http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=paulch01&p2=rosede01

Plus, his WS this year's playoff is 1.7. His team had two wins. Literally everyone else around him played like garbage while Paul played ****ing amazing. He even had a buzzer beater if you are into that.

He had the advanced stats, the "clutch," and even the traditional statistics.

If you think he played bad in the playoffs you weren't watching. Try watching the game, brosky.

odiz
07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I do think hes overrated, he doesnt seem to be able to take over a game offensively when his team needs it. Hed be a great 2nd option with a dominant offensive post player (Which Griffin is not). All this hype about the Clippers offseason but i guarentee you they arent winning any Championships with Paul as there best player as long as Lebron, Durant, Westbrook etc.. are around.

LegendsNvrDie23
07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I would take Rose and Westbrook over Paul.

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 06:52 PM

How about the one you are going to get right now?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=parketo01&p2=paulch01

Parker has always or almost always played w/ better players than Paul. If you don't think that makes a difference...

Yet head-to-head CP3 > Parker in FT%, ORB, DRB, AST, STL regular season.

In the playoffs CP3 has more PPG, doubles his advantage in AST, way increases his advantage in steals, Parker now leads in TOV, Parker wins 3PT%, but CP3 takes FG%

Paul also plays a few more minutes per game, didn't someone say CP3 didn't play enough?

Parker is great, and he may well be better for SAS, but head-to-head and in other situations, asserting that Parker is obviously better than CP3 is ridiculous by eye and by stat.

Paul hasn't had a truly great playoff run.

He hasn't played for a great team or Coach like Parker.

He doesn't carry a scoring load. He can't log big minutes. He also gets beat by Parker a lot and played even by guys like Conley.

Read my prior post - two playoff years he was the best player in the NBA, two other ones, the best player on the floor for either team, the other two - not so good - but he outplayed his teammates in most cases by far in these situations - see my prior post.

He's a joke.

Did you mean to self direct that?

Then gets his *** handed to him by elite PGs especially Deron in Utah.

Prove it.

him as the man which is why he can't sniff the conference finals

I don't like this term, but "hater".

WHODAT8o8
07-18-2013, 06:57 PM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.

Umm first off, no.

Secondly if you don't care what we have to say, why post it on a public forum up for debate?

tredigs
07-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Umm first off, no.

Secondly if you don't care what we have to say, why post it on a public forum up for debate?

I just clicked on this thread and was just about to make this comment.

Why would I waste my time explaining a position to some ignorant idiot who doesn't care what others have to say?

koreancabbage
07-18-2013, 07:24 PM
people say so much **** about Paul. I don't even know if he's overrated anymore with all the hate. I mean people bring up matchups and playoffs in the last few posts but if you really look at the numbers -

Chris Paul has delivered. His teammates fail him. He has the stats and efficiency but this game is a team sport in the end.

Jarvo
07-18-2013, 07:47 PM
I've been saying it Rondo > CP3 and that Paul is overrated because alot of people say "He's the Best PG in The NBA & no one is close" so :shrug: but I wouldn't pick Dwill or Kyrie over him *maybe after this year Kyrie* it all comes down to what type of PG YOU like.

D-Leethal
07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Your mother is overrated.

Munkeysuit
07-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Chris Paul deserves the same superstar treatment Lebron James gets, and that is our expectations for him should be super high and we should brand him a loser (because he's never won a title) and a choker (because he's never come up big in big moments) he should also be called silly nicknames like Midget Paul (because of his stature and because he shrinks in big moments) or maybe CP can't hit a 3? or maybe someone can come up with a better one.
What I am saying is this, if anyone wants to be called the best, they literally have to be "the best" win an MVP or a title first! isn't that the same scrutiny and pressure we place on Lebrons shoulders? so then why shouldn't these other superstars carry the same burden? I for one am on a personal campaign to tease the heck out of these ringless stars and make sure there's some balance to all of this hoopla.

zn23
07-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Disagree, CP3 makes the pg position look so easy.

07-18-2013, 08:18 PM
chris paul just needs to get his **** together

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
In terms of pure PG, CP3 is the best. But the PG position is evolving , and it is all about WINNING, and nothing else. I got the Clipps going to the Finals this year out of the West, but if Cp3 can't get it done this year, he is vastly overrated. In terms of PG's that win, I would take Rose, Parker, Curry, and soon to be Kyrie over CP. But like I said, I think he will show up this season and make my argument a moot point

Krizzle88
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
How come Paul gets the pass for failing at everything? I don't get it

Krizzle88
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
He's not with a 107 million

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Because he's not failing.

Do you even watch basketball? For **** sake.

JasonJohnHorn
07-18-2013, 09:32 PM

Ok... BG is NOT a diverse offensive player yet... DAJ isn't an offensive player at all... and Billups, Crawford and Butler are all past their prime. Bledsoe is an undersized combo guard that is usually playing point guard behind CP3.

You assessment, frankly, makes it sound like you have no clue what you are talking about. He's taken a team that was a lottery team and gave up an All-Star center and budding All-Star guard in Gordon, as well as some other pieces, and only got one player back in return and he still lead them to the biggest turnaround in his first season and THEN in his first full season lead the team to their best record and back-to-back playoff appearances. The only reason they got knocked out in the first round is because they lost their leading scorer and rebounder to injury.

So what more would you like CP3 to do exactly? Besides leading a team to the league's biggest turnaround and leading a team to their best regular season record ever?

As for Westbrook... he has had either Durant and Harden or Durant and Martin to work with. Rose didn't even play last year. Parker has Duncan and Ginobili and the best coach in the league. And the other guys you mention didn't even lead their teams any further than CP3 did this year. What are you even talking about?

SportsFanatic10
07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
maybe slightly, but he is the best point guard in the league and has been for a while and that's not really debatable imo.

bagwell368
07-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Think harder.

SportsFanatic10
07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Think harder.

lol

sportsfan222
07-18-2013, 10:48 PM
what are the paul defenders going to say if the clippers get knocked out in the 1st round this year? what excuses will there be?

me personally, i would love clippers vs bulls finals,so the people who still think paul is better than rose would have to eat their own words, but i am not sure the clippers can get past the 1st round with paul, let alone to the finals.

the season cant get here soon enough.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 11:21 PM
what are the paul defenders going to say if the clippers get knocked out in the 1st round this year? what excuses will there be?

me personally, i would love clippers vs bulls finals,so the people who still think paul is better than rose would have to eat their own words, but i am not sure the clippers can get past the 1st round with paul, let alone to the finals.

Translation

"What do you mean this is a team sport? If Chris Paul can't win 5 on 1 than I don't want him leading my team."

Clippers aren't a playoff team without Paul, The Bulls are a second round team without Rose. Do the math.

zn23
07-18-2013, 11:24 PM

I'm not a fan of DRose, the main reason being is because he has to be running all over the place, jumping up and down and stuff like that to be effective. The game doesn't come easy to him like it does for CP3. He relies on his athleticism.

IKnowHoops
07-18-2013, 11:27 PM
3 times in his 8 year career his team failed to make the playoffs. Guess they must have sucked...

Of the other 5:

'07-'08: beat a 51 win team (Dallas 4-1); lost to SAS, a great team of vets - but took them 7. Paul played better than any other player in the post season that year - some choke.

'08-'09: 7th seed losing to a 2nd (yeah this never happens). Paul had a poor playoff - but just 5 games

'10-'11: 7th seed losing to a 2nd (this time the Lakers). Paul was easily and far and away the best player on both teams in this series. How is that his fault?

'11-'12: 5th seed beat the 4th seed. Played great in the first round, wasn't good against the Spurs. Young, Evans, Jordan, Williams, Foye, and Butler were all worse.

'12-'13: 4th seed lost to a 5th. Again Paul was by far the best player on the court. Griffin, Crawford, Butler, Jordan, and Billups not only were poor, they were all brutal.

That's what's wrong with urban legends. They keep getting repeated. So 6 playoff series - 4 where he was either the best player in the league or the floor, and two where he was pretty bad - but still better than other key players on his team.

I don't see a choke when I see him, but I see people too lazy to challenge assumptions right here.

Without a doubt, there definitely has not been a better PG in the NBA since that 07-08 version of Chris Paul. He lost a little something with that knee injury he had. That being said he is still impossible to stay in front of. Every player has a bad game here and there. That 07-08 version of Chris Paul was the perfect PG. And was a step above any PG right now.

There are a lot of good PG in the league. Seems like the top 5 are all better than the other 4 at something.
Chris Paul is the best point guard, but If I was starting a team, I'd take Russel Westbrook if his knee is 100% OK.

goingfor28
07-18-2013, 11:28 PM
The simple fact that Ryan Gomes was used to prove cp3 has offensive weapons was enough to make this thread worthy f being closed

martin_108
07-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Actually agree with this cuz in the playoffs he hasn't shown up last two years

IKnowHoops
07-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Chris Paul deserves the same superstar treatment Lebron James gets, and that is our expectations for him should be super high and we should brand him a loser (because he's never won a title) and a choker (because he's never come up big in big moments) he should also be called silly nicknames like Midget Paul (because of his stature and because he shrinks in big moments) or maybe CP can't hit a 3? or maybe someone can come up with a better one.
What I am saying is this, if anyone wants to be called the best, they literally have to be "the best" win an MVP or a title first! isn't that the same scrutiny and pressure we place on Lebrons shoulders? so then why shouldn't these other superstars carry the same burden? I for one am on a personal campaign to tease the heck out of these ringless stars and make sure there's some balance to all of this hoopla.

No question, you are a necessary evil!

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 11:31 PM

Are you dense? You didn't even watch the playoffs did you?

zn23
07-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Without a doubt, there definitely has not been a better PG in the NBA since that 07-08 version of Chris Paul. He lost a little something with that knee injury he had. That being said he is still impossible to stay in front of. Every player has a bad game here and there. That 07-08 version of Chris Paul was the perfect PG. And was a step above any PG right now.

There are a lot of good PG in the league. Seems like the top 5 are all better than the other 4 at something.
Chris Paul is the best point guard, but If I was starting a team, I'd take Russel Westbrook if his knee is 100% OK.

I agree with this. That 07-08 season was one of the best seasons for a point guard in NBA history. His 08-09 season was even better. I highly doubt it will ever be repeated anytime soon. Maybe in 10 years or so when another phenom comes along. The knee injury has slowed CP3 down significantly imo. But regardless he's still the best in the game.

The sad thing was he didn't win the MVP that year because a certain media darling won the award instead.

DRose is a good player, but his MVP season doesn't even compare to CP3's 07-08, I mean it's not even close... Even now with a bummed knee, CP3 still has better years than DRose under his belt. One on One, Rose would beat him due to his size and athleticism, but I'll take CP3 on my team any day over Rose and any PG honestly...

martin_108
07-18-2013, 11:36 PM

Yes I did he got knocked out first round this league bout winning if ain't winning u ain't getting it done case closed...he best player in the team.so.it falls on him jus like he did on Lebron when.he wasn't winning on meloas it did with Kobe before so on and so.on

seikou8
07-18-2013, 11:37 PM

I know my man some these fans are too irrational and are to in love with favorite pgs to see the truth

raider_fan
07-18-2013, 11:38 PM
i would still rather have him over an injury plagued Nash

martin_108
07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Best pg in regular season maybe but come playoffs time...give me Westbrook Rose Rondo any day of the week

martin_108
07-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Regular season
1.Rose
2.cp3
3.Westbrook
4.Rondo
5.Parker

Post season
1.Westbrook
2.Rose
3.Rondo
4.Parker
5.Cp3

seikou8
07-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Regular season
1.Rose
2.cp3
3.Westbrook
4.Rondo
5.Parker

Post season
1.Westbrook
2.Rose
3.Rondo
4.Parker
5.Cp3

prove it need numbers or something how are any if those guys better than cp3 expect for maybe tony parker at this moment wow

goku
07-19-2013, 12:37 AM
he is a bit overrated since he hasn't gotten past the 2nd round to me this is the year he must do so before he goes into the overrated category

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 01:01 AM
I think this thread and the level of support it got really does prove that the NBA forum is by the worst out of all the main forums.

It's absolutely ridiculous to have this opinion, especially in it's current construction.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Translation

"What do you mean this is a team sport? If Chris Paul can't win 5 on 1 than I don't want him leading my team."

Clippers aren't a playoff team without Paul, The Bulls are a second round team without Rose. Do the math.

Oh please lol. the bulls wouldnt have touched the playoffs if it wasnt for Thibs. They were vastly overrated this season by many and making the second round was a surprise. I really want to like CP but if DRose comes back better than he even was before, he will be the best PG in the league by playoff time in many peoples estimations. Time will tell, but like others have said in this forum, people hyped Paul up to the point that he became slightly overrated..

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Rose doesn't even touch Chris Paul in terms of who is better.

Paul is better by a ton.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I think healthy Rose is more unstoppable and can dominate games more regularly BUT... Chris Paul makes his entire team better consistently, can't say the same for Rose. Classic case of one player who CARRIES teams by himself at times vs one who elevates the game of the entire roster. Both ways have their pros, but they are different.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-19-2013, 01:28 AM

Paul is better by a ton.

I agree with you in terms of right now sure, because Rose has to prove it all over again. But I would argue with you that at the time of injury, Rose had surpassed Paul as the best PG in the NBA

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 01:46 AM
I agree with you in terms of right now sure, because Rose has to prove it all over again. But I would argue with you that at the time of injury, Rose had surpassed Paul as the best PG in the NBA

Absolutely not. Rose is the third best PG.

Munkeysuit
07-19-2013, 01:51 AM
I believe Rondo is better than D Rose and CP3, he has a ring to show for it.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Absolutely not. Rose is the third best PG.

At the time of injury, imo I think he was the best, but agree to disagree. Now he has to prove it all over again obviously, but which 2 PG's are better than him? I think if you take CP3's outgoing, dominant leadership style and you put it in DRose's shy, introverted style, people would look at Derrick as the best PG in the league

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 01:53 AM
At the time of injury, imo I think he was the best, but agree to disagree. Now he has to prove it all over again obviously, but which 2 PG's are better than him? I think if you take CP3's outgoing, dominant leadership style and you put it in DRose's shy, introverted style, people would look at Derrick as the best PG in the league

Paul and Parker. I have Rose above Westbrook. Despite being similar in almost every statistical category. I think Rose's assist have more value because he does it on a team less talented offensively.

Cromedome
07-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I wish the Knicks would find/get a point guard like Paul.

TrueFan420
07-19-2013, 02:46 AM
How is this thread still open... I mean come on he called him above average. Jose Calderon is an above average pg. Chris Paul is the most complete and best pg in the nba.

zn23
07-19-2013, 03:53 AM
I think this thread and the level of support it got really does prove that the NBA forum is by the worst out of all the main forums.

It's absolutely ridiculous to have this opinion, especially in it's current construction.

a couple years ago the NFL forum was seriously debating if Tebow was an MVP candidate...

Cracka2HI!
07-19-2013, 04:18 AM
CP3 is an anomaly. He's short, slow and doesn't appear to be in great shape. He never dominates an entire game. He doesn't look like a great player. Then you look at the scoreboard and he has 28 points, 11 assists and 1 TO. This season will tell a lot. The team is built to suit him. The funny thing is Blake and DJ will have more to do with what some people think of CP3 than he does himself.

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 04:44 AM
a couple years ago the NFL forum was seriously debating if Tebow was an MVP candidate...

Lol. That's bad.

blastmasta26
07-19-2013, 05:42 AM

Really?

bagwell368
07-19-2013, 05:43 AM

Rondo was anywhere from the 5th - 7th most important part of the Celts ring. He was sat at the end of several games vs LAL. The C's could have won the title without him, but not without the big 3. Therefore he was a secondary player. KC Jones has 8 rings, you want to explain how crucial he was in each of those? In our own time we have a player that has 7 - was he actually the straw that stirred the drink for those teams?

The 2007-08 Celts are easily within the top 15 Championship teams since 1965-66 - I'm talking per year, not dynasties. Rondo was not a crucial piece.

Meanwhile I watch a lot more of Rondo than anybody here outside the Boston market since 2006 and he's not a great player or PG. He's moody, chased RA and Doc out of town (according to more than one scribe), started a fight with Cedric Maxwell (team broadcaster), broke team film equipment, has been suspended 3 times inside of a calendar year, took a 15 game mini vacation when Perk was dealt, quit Team USA before he was going to be cut, then used the death of a relative (not immediate) as an excuse of why he had to leave. His two Coaches over the past 9 seasons (Tubby Smith and Doc), and his only pro GM Ainge have all been quoted on how uncoachable and difficult he is.

As for his game. His FT shooting is amatuerish at best, and never has been any good. He can't shoot 3's well, while his mid distance jumper got better last year (finally), his on ball D collapsed which more than wiped out any gains there. While his rebounding ranking is impressive among PG's - in actuality he's not that far above average because PG's on average are the weakest rebounding position (due to size and location mostly). Rondo gives up his defensive assignments often hunting O glass. How many easy baskets does that result in? He gets some steals, but gambles too much doing it. - more points given up. His shooting percentages per TS and eFG are well below average, every rebound lost above the average PG is a turnover - how many lead to hoops?

He got a lot of assists because in a game where a great offensive player has 3 threats, Rondo has two - driving (which he does less and less of because of the pounding he takes - because his FT shooting sucks) and passing - every team wants him to shoot. In that posture, it's 4 on 4.5 because his guy is dropped off into passing lanes or doubling - nobody respects his shot.

Rondo had me fooled for a bit. From 2008-2010 he really looked to be headed to being a top 5 PG. But in the 3 seasons since then his game has declined and if you want to use advanced stats, he's been on average the 13th-14th best PG with 1400+ minutes per season.

Rondo fools some with his occasionally great playoff games and triple double fests on TNT. But sadly do not pay any attention to the man behind the curtain... he's a fraud great player. If the Celts rebuild around him they are idiots.

ThaDubs
07-19-2013, 07:45 AM
If you don't care what we say maybe don't post a thread...

Robby Cano
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Since there is so much talk about playoff and how great Chris Paul has played, let's compare Paul to some other guards that have played in the playoffs, shall we?

Chris Paul - 40 GP, 48% shooting, 20.9 PPG, 9.5 APG, 5 RPG.

Rajon Rondo - 92 GP, 44% shooting, 14.5 PPG, 9.2 APG, 6.7 RPG (including 17 PPG and 12 APG last season in the playoffs, oh, and a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP)

Tony Parker - 173 GP, 46% shooting, 19.1 PPG, 5.3 APG, 3.2 RPG (Rings, Rings, Rings)

Russell Westbrook - 45 GP, 42% shooting, 23.0 PPG, 6.1 APG, 5.5 RPG (injured these playoffs and has still logged more playoff games then Chris Paul)

Derrick Rose - 29 GP, 42% shooting, 25.1 PPG, 7.3 APG, 4.8 RPG

Stephen Curry - 12 GP, 43% shooting, 23.4 PPG, 8.1 APG, 3.8 RPG

20 PTS, 16 AST, FEWER THAN 2 TO
IN PLAYOFF GAME LAST 25 SEASONS

PTS-AST-TO YEAR
Rajon Rondo 20-16-1 2012
Tim Hardaway 27-20-1 1991
Magic Johnson 21-17-0 1991

Chris Paul is a top 5 point guard in the NBA, yeah, but when the playoffs come... he can't win and his stats are average.

Rentzias
07-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Chris Paul is a top 5 point guard in the NBA, yeah, but when the playoffs come... he can't win and his stats are average.
Alright, he got A LITTLE bit of knowledge looks like. Now we can /thread and implement the 250 post minimum for thread-starting, so I can stop pirating movies and buying cheap jerseys.

seikou8
07-19-2013, 09:44 AM
its funny because cp3 playoff numbers are better then all those mentioned and has higher ws and per in playoffs.hell he has the higher ts and ortg soooooooo

sportsfan222
07-19-2013, 10:00 AM

Paul is better by a ton.
wow dude, just wow.

dosent touch paul in terms of who is better?

i have argued that rose is the best pg, meaning better than paul obviously. if u want to argue that, then go ahead, i guess in terms of who is a better ''pg'', that argument can be made.

in terms of who is a better player? not even close, rose has so much more ability. so if anything, paul does not touch rose in terms of who is a better ''player'', not the other way around.

sportsfan222
07-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I think healthy Rose is more unstoppable and can dominate games more regularly BUT... Chris Paul makes his entire team better consistently, can't say the same for Rose. Classic case of one player who CARRIES teams by himself at times vs one who elevates the game of the entire roster. Both ways have their pros, but they are different.

o come on man, u know thats bs.

rose does not make his team better?

did you not watch the 2010-2011 season, and the 2011-2012 season? the bulls finished with the best record in the entire nba. 60 plus wins in 2010-2011, and 50 wins in a 66 game season in 2011-2012, which in a full season would have been on pace for another 60 plus win season.

without rose this season, the bulls not only won 15 fewer games than in 2010-2011 and prob 2011-2012 if it were a full season, but they finished 5th in the east, compared to best record prior 2 seasons, and games they won they had to play basically perfect ball, and they lost to so many bottom teams, or should i say got blown out.

to say rose does not make his team better is a little ridiculous.

sportsfan222
07-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Translation

o please, that clipper team was good enough to win if chris paul played like a top 3 player in the nba everyone makes him out to be.

top 3 players are supposed to elevate there games and carry there team to the next level, even if his teammates underperform.

i watched the series vs memphis, the 1st 2 games paul played great, and sure enough the clippers won the 1st 2. after that, he played nothing like a top player in the game, and more like an avg player. place the blame where it belongs. chris paul played like crap after they won the 1st 2 games, and is a big reason they were pretty much non competitive after those 2 games.

also, ur 2nd comment is ridiculous also. the bulls went from best record in nba back to back seasons with rose, to 5th seed in there conference without. making the playoffs in the east means nothing, the freaking bucks made it finishing 6 games under.

the bulls a 7th- 8th seed team at best without rose usually, like this year if he did not play with the east being much better, and with him are the best team in the nba, at least in the regular season. hopefully he stays healthy and we can see the bulls dominate in the postseason also, which we have not been able to see the past 2 seasons.

Bmoss12
07-19-2013, 12:01 PM
A pass first point guard who has never played with another all star who could carry the team, made him play unnatural and he has still succeeded. Derrick Rose or Curry would be the fairest comparison.

Robby Cano
07-19-2013, 12:52 PM
A pass first point guard who has never played with another all star who could carry the team, made him play unnatural and he has still succeeded. Derrick Rose or Curry would be the fairest comparison.

David West, Tyson Chandler, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin... need I say more? He has had people.

Chronz
07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Since there is so much talk about playoff and how great Chris Paul has played, let's compare Paul to some other guards that have played in the playoffs, shall we?

Chris Paul - 40 GP, 48% shooting, 20.9 PPG, 9.5 APG, 5 RPG.

Rajon Rondo - 92 GP, 44% shooting, 14.5 PPG, 9.2 APG, 6.7 RPG (including 17 PPG and 12 APG last season in the playoffs, oh, and a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP)

Tony Parker - 173 GP, 46% shooting, 19.1 PPG, 5.3 APG, 3.2 RPG (Rings, Rings, Rings)

Russell Westbrook - 45 GP, 42% shooting, 23.0 PPG, 6.1 APG, 5.5 RPG (injured these playoffs and has still logged more playoff games then Chris Paul)

Derrick Rose - 29 GP, 42% shooting, 25.1 PPG, 7.3 APG, 4.8 RPG

Stephen Curry - 12 GP, 43% shooting, 23.4 PPG, 8.1 APG, 3.8 RPG

20 PTS, 16 AST, FEWER THAN 2 TO
IN PLAYOFF GAME LAST 25 SEASONS

PTS-AST-TO YEAR
Rajon Rondo 20-16-1 2012
Tim Hardaway 27-20-1 1991
Magic Johnson 21-17-0 1991

Looks like CP3 has the best stats . So what are you missing?

Chronz
07-19-2013, 01:02 PM
David West, Tyson Chandler, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin... need I say more? He has had people.
I appreciate that you're not naming the likes of Gomes but you still have to tell the truth bro. Hes never played with Gordon, in fact, he was traded for Eric Gordon. Blake Griffin has been unable to perform in the postseason for a variety of reasons.

David West and Tyson Chandler were his best teammates, but you would be ******** if you think thats a better cast than the Spurs big 3 and superior role players/coaching.

Chronz
07-19-2013, 01:05 PM
o please, that clipper team was good enough to win if chris paul played like a top 3 player in the nba everyone makes him out to be.
Sounds like you dont follow the Clips much.

top 3 players are supposed to elevate there games and carry there team to the next level, even if his teammates underperform.
False, nothing in NBA history suggests this to be the case.

Chronz
07-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Hes COMPARING the 2 players, both players do abit of what he listed as strengths, but the FACT remains, one is more of an individual and the other is more of a team orchestrator. Statistically, CP3 does his job better but my gut tells me that run is over next year.

sportsfan222
07-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you dont follow the Clips much.

False, nothing in NBA history suggests this to be the case.really? so what criteria should be set for someone to be considered a top 3 player in the league?

i understand a top 3 player can not win a championship himself, but geez, how about getting past the freaking 1st round on a consistent basis?

you are supposed to elevate your team if you are a top player in the league, and i am sure the clippers with the team they have now minus chris paul, can get eliminated in the 1st round just like they do with him.

stop making excuses for him. he is very limited, he does not have size, does not have explosiveness, these things hold him back from being a top 3 player in the game, and its not that the clippers dont have enough talent, because you can make the argument that they are one of the more well balanced teams in the nba, but chris paul needs another top 10 player in the nba to play along side him to win a title, because he can not be the number 1 guy on a championship team.

lets see if he proves me wrong this year, doubt he will.

b@llhog24
07-19-2013, 01:28 PM

Says the one in the minority.

Did he say that? To answer your question yes he does, but he's nowhere near Paul in that facet.

did you not watch the 2010-2011 season, and the 2011-2012 season? the bulls finished with the best record in the entire nba. 60 plus wins in 2010-2011, and 50 wins in a 66 game season in 2011-2012, which in a full season would have been on pace for another 60 plus win season.

Doesn't change his point. The Clippers still would be worse off with Paul vs the Bulls with Rose, any statistical breakdown of their roster would show you that, so imagine what happens when you factor in the immense intangibles guys like Noah, Deng and J Butler bring? Not to mention the fact that Thibs>>>>>>Vinny ****ing Del Negro. As a Bulls fan, one would like to believe that you'd be inclined to remember how incompetent Vinny is.

without rose this season, the bulls not only won 15 fewer games than in 2010-2011 and prob 2011-2012 if it were a full season, but they finished 5th in the east, compared to best record prior 2 seasons, and games they won they had to play basically perfect ball, and they lost to so many bottom teams, or should i say got blown out.

One thing I don't get, is how you can knock Paul for losing in the west and then want to try to paint the Bulls success without DRose as only being accomplished because they play in the east. Basically you're acknowledging that Rose has an easier path to get out of rounds 1-3 than Paul but still want to **** on him for not advancing pass in most cases vastly superior teams.

to say rose does not make his team better is a little ridiculous.

When you find that statement in his post let me know. Don't worry I'll wait.

b@llhog24
07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
really? so what criteria should be set for someone to be considered a top 3 player in the league?

i understand a top 3 player can not win a championship himself, but geez, how about getting past the freaking 1st round on a consistent basis?

you are supposed to elevate your team if you are a top player in the league, and i am sure the clippers with the team they have now minus chris paul, can get eliminated in the 1st round just like they do with him.

stop making excuses for him. he is very limited, he does not have size, does not have explosiveness, these things hold him back from being a top 3 player in the game, and its not that the clippers dont have enough talent, because you can make the argument that they are one of the more well balanced teams in the nba, but chris paul needs another top 10 player in the nba to play along side him to win a title, because he can not be the number 1 guy on a championship team.

lets see if he proves me wrong this year, doubt he will.

Context is not your friend huh?

Chronz
07-19-2013, 01:43 PM
really? so what criteria should be set for someone to be considered a top 3 player in the league?
I dont know man, we all have our ways. All I know is that you're being extreme when you speak in absolute truths devoid of context. You can be the best player in the league and miss out on the playoffs, much less advance past the first round "regardless of teammates".

You need to understand the above fact. You can be the best player in the game and miss the playoffs. Much less out of R.1.

Sounds like you dont follow us much. Clips dont make the playoffs without CP3, IIRC since he became a Clipper the raw dropoff in team efficiency without him has been higher than any other playoff team minus their best player. So hes more than elevated the squad, how else do you explain such a dropoff?

Context matters, CP3 led his teams offense to perfection against a superb defensive team, its not his job to anchor the paint (Which is why LA lost) nor can he magically cure his injured teammates ailments. Durant didn't do any better of a job vs the same team that CP3 lost to. Isn't Durant the 2nd best player in the league? Why expect more from CP3 than a superior player?

stop making excuses for him.
Why? When the alternative is blind ignorance, Ill take context aka excuses any day of the week.

he is very limited, he does not have size, does not have explosiveness, these things hold him back from being a top 3 player in the game, and its not that the clippers dont have enough talent, because you can make the argument that they are one of the more well balanced teams in the nba, but chris paul needs another top 10 player in the nba to play along side him to win a title, because he can not be the number 1 guy on a championship team.
You have said absolutely nothing to back any of these assertions. Go ahead and argue whatever you wish, lets stick to FACTS this time tho.

lets see if he proves me wrong this year, doubt he will.CP3 doesn't need to, I can handle your argument on my own.

sportsfan222
07-19-2013, 02:01 PM
I dont know man, we all have our ways. All I know is that you're being extreme when you speak in absolute truths devoid of context. You can be the best player in the league and miss out on the playoffs, much less advance past the first round "regardless of teammates".

You need to understand the above fact. You can be the best player in the game and miss the playoffs. Much less out of R.1.

Sounds like you dont follow us much. Clips dont make the playoffs without CP3, IIRC since he became a Clipper the raw dropoff in team efficiency without him has been higher than any other playoff team minus their best player. So hes more than elevated the squad, how else do you explain such a dropoff?

Context matters, CP3 led his teams offense to perfection against a superb defensive team, its not his job to anchor the paint (Which is why LA lost) nor can he magically cure his injured teammates ailments. Durant didn't do any better of a job vs the same team that CP3 lost to. Isn't Durant the 2nd best player in the league? Why expect more from CP3 than a superior player?

Why? When the alternative is blind ignorance, Ill take context aka excuses any day of the week.

You have said absolutely nothing to back any of these assertions. Go ahead and argue whatever you wish, lets stick to FACTS this time tho.

CP3 doesn't need to, I can handle your argument on my own.

im sorry, but in the nba, that is not true.

in the nfl, yes you can have a great qb is a top guy in the game, or a top rb like peterson for example, who can only do so much.

in the nba, u play both sides of the ball, and u can have the ball in ur hands during each and every possession.

there is a lot more freedom in the nba to take control of a game than in any other sport out of all the other major sports.

in the nfl, the qb can only pass the ball, he can not catch it, he can not block for himself, and he can not play defense.

in the mlb, the best player in the game can only bat 1 out of every 9 times, meaning he can only control what he does, he can not hit for others and make sure that others get on base for him.

in the nhl, the best player, as does everyone, plays in shifts, and with the speed of hockey, a guy although technically he can, its not realistic for a guy to have the puck on his stick the whole time and just skate. im sure u know what i mean if u watch hockey.

in the nba, a guy like chris paul touches the ball every single time he is on the court. how often do top players in the nba either continuously miss out on the playoffs, and when they do get eliminated in the 1st round?

i understand he can not win a title by himself, and no one is asking him to, but when ur a top 3 player ( i dont think he is but way to many people do ) you must take control of the game and be more aggressive, and do more.

dirk nowitzki just a couple of years ago beat the big 3 in the finals. he did not have any ''superstars'' by his side. he was the only legit offensive weapon on that team for the playoffs.

yes kidd was solid, but he was not jason kidd from his prime by any means, tyson chandler was a great defender but hes not scorer, terry was good, but in this situation you had a superstar player who stepped up through the entire playoffs and carried his team all the way to a title, with less talent than chris paul has around him, but the difference is nowitzki stepped his play up and made the plays while chris paul has not so far.

you do not need an all star team to win a title, let alone get past the 1st round. truth is i should not be talking title for paul until he gets past the 1st round on a consistent basis.

JordansBulls
07-19-2013, 03:37 PM

- Westbrook
- Rose
- Parker
- Rondo
- Williams
- Irving

All over CP3.
Come on now. How can you justify this?

Cracka2HI!
07-19-2013, 04:58 PM
So the OP has listed Gomes and Gordon as great player CP3 has played with. Where does that rank as far as bad posters? Bottom 1%?

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 06:24 PM
He's a troll. PSD needs to close this thread.

Chronz
07-19-2013, 07:35 PM
im sorry, but in the nba, that is not true.

in the nfl, yes you can have a great qb is a top guy in the game, or a top rb like peterson for example, who can only do so much.

in the nba, u play both sides of the ball, and u can have the ball in ur hands during each and every possession.

there is a lot more freedom in the nba to take control of a game than in any other sport out of all the other major sports.

in the nfl, the qb can only pass the ball, he can not catch it, he can not block for himself, and he can not play defense.

in the mlb, the best player in the game can only bat 1 out of every 9 times, meaning he can only control what he does, he can not hit for others and make sure that others get on base for him.

in the nhl, the best player, as does everyone, plays in shifts, and with the speed of hockey, a guy although technically he can, its not realistic for a guy to have the puck on his stick the whole time and just skate. im sure u know what i mean if u watch hockey.

in the nba, a guy like chris paul touches the ball every single time he is on the court. how often do top players in the nba either continuously miss out on the playoffs, and when they do get eliminated in the 1st round?

You said alot about nothing. Yes its true in the NBA. You can be the best and miss out on the playoffs, as many greats have done. Kareem and Wilt can tell you all about it. LOL why speak out of your ***?

A guy like KG was FAR more dominant than CP3 ever was, and even he missed the playoffs. So WTF are you talking about? Do you really want me to rundown a list of Top-3 or Top-5 players to have missed the playoffs?

i understand he can not win a title by himself, and no one is asking him to, but when ur a top 3 payer ( i dont think he is but way to many people do ) you must take control of the game and be more aggressive, and do more.
False, you simply have to hold your end of the bargain, he led an elite offense yadda yadda yadda refer to my last post.

dirk nowitzki just a couple of years ago beat the big 3 in the finals. he did not have any ''superstars'' by his side. he was the only legit offensive weapon on that team for the playoffs.

yes kidd was solid, but he was not jason kidd from his prime by any means, tyson chandler was a great defender but hes not scorer, terry was good, but in this situation you had a superstar player who stepped up through the entire playoffs and carried his team all the way to a title, with less talent than chris paul has around him, but the difference is nowitzki stepped his play up and made the plays while chris paul has not so far.
I dont believe a word you said. Dirk has played better in defeat than he did in success that year. His help showed up and I dont see why you are downplaying Chandlers defense when that ingredient was exactly what was missing from Dirk's championship equation, lest we forget his struggles against inferior teams before.

you do not need an all star team to win a title, let alone get past the 1st round. truth is i should not be talking title for paul until he gets past the 1st round on a consistent basis.
Cool story bro but you have convinced me you dont know much about NBA history so why should anyone abide by your rules?

sportsfan222
07-20-2013, 07:49 AM
You said alot about nothing. Yes its true in the NBA. You can be the best and miss out on the playoffs, as many greats have done. Kareem and Wilt can tell you all about it. LOL why speak out of your ***?

A guy like KG was FAR more dominant than CP3 ever was, and even he missed the playoffs. So WTF are you talking about? Do you really want me to rundown a list of Top-3 or Top-5 players to have missed the playoffs?

False, you simply have to hold your end of the bargain, he led an elite offense yadda yadda yadda refer to my last post.

I dont believe a word you said. Dirk has played better in defeat than he did in success that year. His help showed up and I dont see why you are downplaying Chandlers defense when that ingredient was exactly what was missing from Dirk's championship equation, lest we forget his struggles against inferior teams before.

Cool story bro but you have convinced me you dont know much about NBA history so why should anyone abide by your rules?
alright whatever you say, just keep making excuses for chris paul time and time again.

is his team this upcoming season good enough, or you dont want to say anything yet in case his team flops again this season?

i am just curious if you believe the clippers have a good enough team surrounding him this season?

and also, i love how you bring up kareem and wilt. ya chris paul is in that category, lol. also, those guys actually have rings, and even when they did not have rings, they were still able to get past the 1st round.

dont put paul in the same sentence as kareem and wilt, those guys are legends.

i cant wait for this season so you can say how overrated your clippers are once again.

Munkeysuit
07-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.

Guppyfighter
07-20-2013, 08:10 AM

I am not sure you realize how unimportant he was to that team that won a ring. It would be like saying SCALABRINE, ONE RING BABY. ELITEAS****

koreancabbage
07-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Anyone who is only using the rings argument is totally a tool and doesn't know anything about basketball.

Efficiency, overall stat accumulation, averages and advanced stats is a huge indicator of the player's performance. Plus their overall basketball skill and abilities - i.e. can they shoot, pass, rebound well? How can you be the best "basketball" player at any position if you don't possess above average skills in terms of basketball? I believe the ring argument should be only used as the last resort b/c rings are the work of the team results overall.

Anything that deals with team results should be used after personal stats and accolades to determine a player's worth and the "best positional player" or "best player"

Guppyfighter
07-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Anyone who is only using the rings argument is totally a tool and doesn't know anything about basketball.

Efficiency, overall stat accumulation, averages and advanced stats is a huge indicator of the player's performance. Plus their overall basketball skill and abilities - i.e. can they shoot, pass, rebound well? How can you be the best "basketball" player at any position if you don't possess above average skills in terms of basketball? I believe the ring argument should be only used as the last resort b/c rings are the work of the team results overall.

Anything that deals with team results should be used after personal stats and accolades to determine a player's worth and the "best positional player" or "best player"

That's probably right.

Chronz
07-20-2013, 04:57 PM
alright whatever you say, just keep making excuses for chris paul time and time again.
So long as facts trump ignorance, I will always side with valid excuses. You can keep pretending to intimately know a game you have already proven not to tho.

and also, i love how you bring up kareem and wilt. ya chris paul is in that category, lol.
LMFAO you're only making my case stronger. If players that are SUPERIOR to CP3 dont abide to your unsubstantiated rules then why should anyone expect it from an inferior player? That they are better players and still missed the playoffs is why your theory was truly LOL worthy.

also, those guys actually have rings, and even when they did not have rings, they were still able to get past the 1st round.
You can stop pretending bro, I already know you dont know jack about their careers. How else could you explain the ignorance you spewed?

dont put paul in the same sentence as kareem and wilt, those guys are legends.
Follow your own advice, stop expecting something from CP3 that players FAR superior have proven unable to attain.

i cant wait for this season so you can say how overrated your clippers are once again.
I really dont know what you are hinting at, so long as you know your rules about stars were BS and that you have learned something about NBA history, Im good.

Goose17
07-20-2013, 05:28 PM
those guys actually have rings

Yeah because we all know the best way to judge individual talent is to see how many rings they've got. John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, David Thompson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Webber, Bernard King, Alex English, Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Dave Bing, Steve Nash, Nate Thurmond, Karl Malone, Elgin Baylor.

What a bunch of scrubs.

seikou8
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM

my new sig quote this is gold

sportsfan222
07-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Yeah because we all know the best way to judge individual talent is to see how many rings they've got. John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, David Thompson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Webber, Bernard King, Alex English, Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Dave Bing, Steve Nash, Nate Thurmond, Karl Malone, Elgin Baylor.

What a bunch of scrubs.

who the heck said anything about these guys being scrubs? also, i never said chris paul was a scrub, hes a good player, hes just not a top 3 player in the league. the main point of this argument is that chris paul is not top 3 in the nba like everyone makes him out to be, no one is saying he sucks, or is not a good player.

its that simple. anyone who actually watches the game of basketball and does not just sit on their computer and look at the boxscore, can clearly see guys like derrick rose, Russel westbrook, are better players than chris paul just to name a few.

to each his own though.

Goose17
07-21-2013, 11:59 AM
its that simple. anyone who actually watches the game of basketball and does not just sit on their computer and look at the boxscore, can clearly see guys like derrick rose, Russel westbrook, are better players than chris paul just to name a few.

to each his own though.

Out of interest why do you think Rose and Westbrook are better? What is it that they do that makes them superior?

tr3ymill3r
07-21-2013, 12:01 PM
The OP is overrated in his postings and is also on drugs. You sir much like those who voted for the Lakers to have more wins than the Rockets have had your PSD posting rights revoked.

Never at any point in your post did you make any sense, and we are all dumber for reading it. I award you zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.

BHF
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
14 pages from a troll thread :) only people that think Rose is better are bulls homers and 13 year old boys

king4day
07-21-2013, 12:15 PM
This one has run its course. Going to close it out