PDA

View Full Version : Dallas grabs Dalembert

ThuglifeJ
07-17-2013, 10:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9486487/samuel-dalembert-close-signing-dallas-mavericks-sources

Looks like the Mavs have their Center.

should Miami just try tanking now as well?

rockets-fan
07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

8th seed maybe?

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Do the :dance:

TrueFan420
07-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Very good pick up for them.

True Sports Fan
07-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Great pickup.

Oden probably to either Heat or Kings now. Although I'm thinking Heat since they amnestied Miller, and obviously can offer him a chance at a ring

ThuglifeJ
07-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

8th seed maybe?

VC 6th man.

No idea on their seeding, if you think about it the rosters they put together the past couple years were all pretty good and probably better on paper than this one. If you remember Odom and Mayo were supposed to bring something to Dallas.

heyman321
07-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Well I guess there's Dirk's 2nd ring now. All he needed was a defensive center!

TrueFan420
07-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Great pickup.

Oden probably to either Heat or Kings now. Although I'm thinking Heat since they amnestied Miller, and obviously can offer him a chance at a ring
I don't think he cares about getting a ring I think he just wants a chance to prove he can still play and get minutes. He won't get that with the heat.

ThuglifeJ
07-17-2013, 11:14 PM
lol @ if Oden ring chases

WVNowitzki
07-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Who's Delambert?

TrueFan420
07-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Who's Delambert?

Your new starting center

gatkins11
07-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Your new starting center

He's referring to a spelling error.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Who's Delambert?

Lt baby will better explain lata

TrueFan420
07-17-2013, 11:36 PM
He's referring to a spelling error.

Hahah damn didn't even notice

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't think he cares about getting a ring I think he just wants a chance to prove he can still play and get minutes. He won't get that with the heat.

lol why wouldn't he get that with the heat?

TrueFan420
07-17-2013, 11:40 PM

Cause one when they go small bosh would be at center. Two he has more chance of pt elsewhere. Three they like to run and a lot with his knees that's not great.

bucketss
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM
haven't heard of him ever since he go canned by team canada.

beasted86
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM

I guess some fans think Oden will be healthy (+ effective) enough to warrant 30+ minutes a game. If that's what they think, then no, Miami is not a good fit. If he's looking to play around 10 minutes eventually rising to about 20 minutes a game and ease into NBA play again and willing to take the $3M MLE or part of it, then Miami is a good fit.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Cause one when they go small bosh would be at center. Two he has more chance of pt elsewhere. Three they like to run and a lot with his knees that's not great.

oden isn't gonna be able to handle huge mins right away. and the heat would mostly go small in the payoffs to create mismatches. during the season bird and oden could split the mins at the 5 and bosh can mostly play his natural 4 saving him the extra banging down low. if that works good and oden stays healthy then that would likely continue in the playoffs, especially against teams like the pacers. oden can get all the min he can handle in mia.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 11:46 PM
I guess some fans think Oden will be healthy (+ effective) enough to warrant 30+ minutes a game. If that's what they think, then no, Miami is not a good fit. If he's looking to play around 10 minutes eventually rising to about 20 minutes a game and ease into NBA play again and willing to take the $3M MLE or part of it, then Miami is a good fit.

exactly!

LAKobeBryant
07-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Confused in what dallas is doing

kblo247
07-17-2013, 11:49 PM

How to chase dirk off in three failed summers

kblo247
07-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Ffs Oden has on of the highest pay per game played rate in league history

23,295,444/82 = 284,090.78 per game played

JerseyPalahniuk
07-18-2013, 12:02 AM
If you're gonna start a thread, spell the player's name right.

Good pick up but if he's going to start and play 30+ MPG, then Dallas won't make the playoffs.

TheMightyHumph
07-18-2013, 12:11 AM
How much did Sammy sign for?

I don't believe Dalembert has been a positive contributor for any team NBA team he has played for thus far.

KniCks4LiFe
07-18-2013, 12:14 AM
I just want Oden to sign somewhere not in Miami or Brooklyn. The Lakers should take him. And hurry wit that attempt.

IndyRealist
07-18-2013, 12:21 AM

I'm confused how this thread became about Oden and Miami.

IndyRealist
07-18-2013, 12:29 AM
How much did Sammy sign for?

I don't believe Dalembert has been a positive contributor for any team NBA team he has played for thus far.

He's played for some pretty dysfunctional teams. Philly through their post-Iverson rebuild, then perpetually rebuilding Sacramento, then rebuilding Houston, and rebuilding Milwaukee. Now he's on rebuilding Dallas.

He's a double double guy who block shots and doesn't demand touches. That's $11M/yr in the NBA these days.

Sevilla91
07-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

love how the rockets fans are coming out of the woodwork now....wait until your team actually does something relevant this century..
8th seed maybe?

love how the rockets fans are coming out of the woodwork now....wait until your team actually does something relevant this century..

TheMightyHumph
07-18-2013, 01:12 AM
He's played for some pretty dysfunctional teams. Philly through their post-Iverson rebuild, then perpetually rebuilding Sacramento, then rebuilding Houston, and rebuilding Milwaukee. Now he's on rebuilding Dallas.

He's a double double guy who block shots and doesn't demand touches. That's $11M/yr in the NBA these days.

Sammy likes to shoot.

You think Sammy got more than $6 mil? Don't think he's worth that.

Sam has averaged double figures in rebounds once and points twice in his 11 NBA seasons

IndyRealist
07-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Sammy likes to shoot.

You think Sammy got more than $6 mil? Don't think he's worth that.

Sam has averaged double figures in rebounds once and points twice in his 11 NBA seasons

I doubt he got even $6M. He's older and is rehabbing his image. My mistake on the double doubles, I was looking at his per36 stats. Given starters' minutes, he's a double double guy. But in the last two year's he's only taken 5.4 and 6.1 shots per game (10-12 per 36), on 50% and 54% shooting.

therealwd27
07-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Homer Marc Stein will crown them champs after this signing.

but good pick up I guess, hes money hungry though but not sure how dallas fares. Dont see them being much better this year...Monta and Dirk fighting for shots will be fun.

smuffins353
07-18-2013, 01:33 AM

U Mad Bro???

#winning

Who cares who Dallas gets they are gonna be garbage...old & washed up

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Homer Marc Stein will crown them champs after this signing.

but good pick up I guess, hes money hungry though but not sure how dallas fares. Dont see them being much better this year...Monta and Dirk fighting for shots will be fun.
They will be better with a healthy dirk all year.

On the note about Ellis and dirk fighting for shot I think your wrong. I think Ellis will play much better as a second option. Check his warrior years where he wasn't the first option. He was much better. And he can play with a pass first pg cause he did so with Baron Davis. Defense will be interesting tho. Dalembert will have a lot of responsibility on that end. Maybe Dallas can make another move to get them a all d center.

tyler55
07-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Great signing for the Dallas. Dalembert is a beast when given minutes.

rockets-fan
07-18-2013, 02:52 PM

I've always posted on the NBA forum since I joined, check before you talk smart ***. Not my fault your team has struck out two or three free agency's in a row.

I was actually saying the signing was nice, he's a defensive big that can defend the paint.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 02:59 PM
I've always posted on the NBA forum since I joined, check before you talk smart ***. Not my fault your team has struck out two or three free agency's in a row.

I was actually saying the signing was nice, he's a defensive big that can defend the paint.
He's prob just pissed that the mavs lost out on Howard. But he is right there are a lot of new rocket fans on here. Not saying your one you've been a member with a clear rocket name since 2010. But hell I've even see some laker fans jump ship to Houston.

TheMightyHumph
07-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Great signing for the Dallas. Dalembert is a beast when given minutes.

Why hasn't he been given minutes?

bleedprple&gold
07-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I doubt he got even $6M. He's older and is rehabbing his image. My mistake on the double doubles, I was looking at his per36 stats. Given starters' minutes, he's a double double guy. But in the last two year's he's only taken 5.4 and 6.1 shots per game (10-12 per 36), on 50% and 54% shooting.

He got more than $6 mil:

@WojYahooNBA
Free agent center Sam Dalembert's deal with Dallas: two years, $7.5M, league sources tell Y! Partial guarantee for 2014-'15 season.

Ebbs
07-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Honestly this team doesn't have tons of offense I think as it stands Ellis and Dirk can co mingle.

gatkins11
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
They will be better with a healthy dirk all year.

On the note about Ellis and dirk fighting for shot I think your wrong. I think Ellis will play much better as a second option. Check his warrior years where he wasn't the first option. He was much better. And he can play with a pass first pg cause he did so with Baron Davis. Defense will be interesting tho. Dalembert will have a lot of responsibility on that end. Maybe Dallas can make another move to get them a all d center.

This.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 03:35 PM
He got more than $6 mil:

I think he was referring to per year. 7.5 mil over two year is 3.75 per year.

TheMightyHumph
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I think he was referring to per year. 7.5 mil over two year is 3.75 per year.

$3.75 mil per for two years sounds about right for Sammy.

Per Woj, 2nd year partially guaranteed

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
$3.75 mil per for two years sounds about right for Sammy.

Per Woj, 2nd year partially guaranteed
Agreed it is a good deal for them. But I still think they need to make another move. They need a second center like dalembert so they always have a defensive presence on the court.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:12 PM
This.

I even forgot to mention the fact that because dirk spaces the floor so well when Ellis drives there will be an open paint for him to get into and if trouble appears he is good at dishing it out to the open shooter. The key to your season tho is gonna be coaching.

sunsfan88
07-18-2013, 04:16 PM

Did you just copy and paste that?

I think he was giving props to Dallas while down playing his own team..

RiceOnTheRun
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM

:eyebrow:

If he's healthy, who's gonna take minutes away from him? Joel Anthony?

If he's not healthy, he ain't getting minutes on any other team anyways.

He'll split minutes with Birdman and Bosh at the 5. Probably starting out at around 10 minutes and gradually increasing as the need grows. Then they have a solid rotation of 3 backup guys at the 4/5 spot in Oden/Birdman/Haslem.

envymamba24
07-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Honestly this team doesn't have tons of offense I think as it stands Ellis and Dirk can co mingle.

Calderon can create some offense man

VicTheWizard
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
has he ever been a full time starter at any point in his career?, I know he has put up good numbers in limited minutes, but there has got to be a reason why he's never been a starter for anyone in like 10 years.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:30 PM
has he ever been a full time starter at any point in his career?, I know he has put up good numbers in limited minutes, but there has got to be a reason why he's never been a starter for anyone in like 10 years.

He was in Philly but other than 2 years where he played 30 min he played 25min per game.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:33 PM

He'll split minutes with Birdman and Bosh at the 5. Probably starting out at around 10 minutes and gradually increasing as the need grows. Then they have a solid rotation of 3 backup guys at the 4/5 spot in Oden/Birdman/Haslem.
Ok I'm sure he cares about a ring but its not first on his priority list. Where as playing time and health is. As far as him in Miami I don't see it. One he hasn't been linked to going there. Two he isn't a run up and down the court guy like Miami wants. He needs to be in a half court set. Also Miami loves to play small with bosh at the center.

LTBaByyy
07-18-2013, 06:11 PM
The way centers are payed these days I think he is a steal at 3.75 mil per year. We payed Kaman 8 mil last year hahaha he's a bum

Dalembert also fits with Dirk so much.

When he gets starters minutes he plays good and the stats back that up

I see him avg 8 PPG, 8 RPG, and 2 BPG

LTBaByyy
07-18-2013, 06:17 PM
We will be a fun team to watch

Ellis never had a Passing first PG and the spacing with Dirk and others

He also never had a coach like Carlisle

I mean a couple years ago he avg 25 points per game

But then had to work with Jennings

I think we will surprise people and be 6th or 7th seed with a full season of Dirk

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2013, 06:42 PM

I think we will surprise people and be 6th or 7th seed with a full season of Dirk

Do the LT :dance:

LTBaByyy
07-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Do the LT :dance:

Can't believe that became so famous on here hahaha everyone thinks of me when that emoji is in a post

The 2010-2011 season on PSD ( my first season on PSD, joined at the beginning of that season) I was trolling hard hahaha but backed it up because we won that whole season

LTBaByyy
07-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I really love this team though, it's like the perfect player personalities that you want:

Passing PG (Calderon)
Scoring SG (Ellis)
Defense SF (Marion)
Scoring PF (41)
Defense C (Dalembert)

All Around 6th man (Carter)

Top 5 Coach (Carlisle)

And we STILL have 30 mil cap space next year (20 when Dirk takes a 10 mil a year deal)

rockets-fan
07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I really love this team though, it's like the perfect player personalities that you want:

Passing PG (Calderon)
Scoring SG (Ellis)
Defense SF (Marion)
Scoring PF (41)
Defense C (Dalembert)

All Around 6th man (Carter)

Top 5 Coach (Carlisle)

And we STILL have 30 mil cap space next year (20 when Dirk takes a 10 mil a year deal)

Yea I actually kinda like this Mavs team. If Ellis can be a bit more efficient, and Dirk is healthy, I can see as high as the 6th seed

OKC
Clips
San Antonio
Rockets
Warriors
Memphis/Mavs
Mavs/mem
Nuggets/N.O/Wolves

IF dirk is healthy, he can do amazing things

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 07:35 PM

He did with baron Davis. The spacing was al at the pf. And that warrior team anyone could hit a 3. He hasn't had a coach like Carlisle tho.

LTBaByyy
07-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea I actually kinda like this Mavs team. If Ellis can be a bit more efficient, and Dirk is healthy, I can see as high as the 6th seed

OKC
Clips
San Antonio
Rockets
Warriors
Memphis/Mavs
Mavs/mem
Nuggets/N.O/Wolves

IF dirk is healthy, he can do amazing things

Thank you.

We might not be as talented as the upper teams (Spurs, Clips, Thunder, & Rockets) but when have we ever been as talented team wise as the top teams???

The Mavs have been winning these last 10 years with:

1) Amazing chemistry

2) Coaching that makes average/good players play great

3) Training staff, we keep players healthy. Our trainer is also used for the USA basketball

I say we will be 6 or 7 seed this year

beasted86
07-18-2013, 07:52 PM

I think it must be Riley/Arison did not offer the full mini-MLE... either that or Dalembert is totally about the money and the $1.0M over the 2 years was that big a difference.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd say 7 or 8 but the demise of the mavs is a little too much just like everyone thinks the spurs will stop. As long as dirk and Timmy there playing most of the season they will be in the playoffs

ragee
07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Too lazy to look at salaries. Is it possible for us to sign Oden as well? I still want the guy. Low risk/high reward.

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 07:52 AM
I like how 50% of the contracts this offseason have been reasonable. Proves that the new CBA is working.

Bmoss12
07-19-2013, 12:02 PM
They shouldve just signed a bunch of 1 yrs and tanked at this point.

ThuglifeJ
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Who's seen Dalembert play recently? Is he even capable of doing much anymore?

TrueFan420
07-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't understand why we are so incapable of signing PROVEN players. No one we ever sign has proven jack in the league, that's why it's so hard to look forward to the season. The only proven player the Mavericks have ever signed (not counting vets Kidd and Carter) was Marion.

I can understand the reasoning behind not wanting to play with Dirk, but it's just a shame..because once these guys get older they will look back and realize they should have tried playing with a guy like Dirk and not their buddies.

Um Calderon, Ellis and dalembert are all proven players in the league. Yea they have their flaws but they've all been around and shown what they can do and that they can play.

JordansBulls
07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Now when you think about Dallas should feel bad now they gave up Chandler.

TrueFan420
07-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Now when you think about Dallas should feel bad now they gave up Chandler.

Forget that think if chandler went to the thunder instead of Perkins

Lim
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Sammy is a super underrated player. Dallas has a pretty solid starting lineup. they will be like 7th seed. wont win championship tho.

Lim
07-20-2013, 12:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Sz3nEC4KI

gatkins11
07-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Forget that think if chandler went to the thunder instead of Perkins

No kidding.

TheMightyHumph
07-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Sammy is a super underrated player. Dallas has a pretty solid starting lineup. they will be like 7th seed. wont win championship tho.

Underrated by whom?