PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron and/or Carmelo leaves their teams to go to the Lakers....

FOBolous
07-17-2013, 04:53 PM
....according to logic shared by many, wouldn't that make them worse individuals then Dwight? I mean, Dwight left a team he never wanted to be part of in Free Agency after one year. Both Lebron and Carmelo would be leaving a team that they've invested in, which in turns have invested in THEM, for years. Talk about a lack of loyalty....and all that criticism of Dwight not being able to handle the "pressure" and the "bright lights" would be especially true because Carmelo, after so many years, would be bolting from the city with the brightest lights of all because he couldn't win a ring there to chase rings with other superstars in a smaller city. i don't know...just some food for thought.

NYKalltheway
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
hypothetical much?

kdspurman
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Well here's what it'd look like if they did... But i doubt it happens.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZi9DfCEAALLBc.jpg

nickdymez
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Id be cool with Carmelo and another piece. Dont want Lebron over here. He's a system player

Chronz
07-17-2013, 05:19 PM
As an LA resident, Id be cool with Lebron. Dont want Carmelo over here. He's a system player

J_M_B
07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Id be cool with Carmelo and another piece. Dont want Lebron over here. He's a system player

As an LA resident, Id be cool with Lebron. Dont want Carmelo over here. He's a system player

:laugh2:

Jarvo
07-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I would really think low of Lebron for team hopping like that, Melo on the other hand I think is gone.

BKLYNpigeon
07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
it could happen....

the only players under contract with the Lakers next season is Steve Nash and Robert Sacre. Lakers have 50 million dollars of Salary Cap space.

AnthonyTyrael
07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
As an alien, I don't want Kobe to be a Laker anymore. He's THE system player.

bucketss
07-17-2013, 05:25 PM
melo and kobe on the same team, will anyone else be able to touch the ball?, two ball chucking cancers thats a disastrous combo.

AnthonyTyrael
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
melo and kobe on the same team, will anyone else be able to touch the ball?, two ball chucking cancers thats a disastrous combo.

Better ask Garnett who's touching Carmelas ball(s).

Actually if that ever happens, Kobe's going to be their PG, third fiddle and he'll be fine with it, dishing out 10 assists each game.

bucketss
07-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Better ask Garnett who's touching Carmelas ball(s).

Actually if that ever happens, Kobe's going to be their PG, third fiddle and he'll be fine with it, dishing out 10 assists each game.

according to kobe he would rather retire than be a role player.

Bostonjorge
07-17-2013, 05:32 PM
What about Howard's loyalty for Orlando? Lebron and melo with kobe will take over the world of sports. That laker team in the NBA will raise the NBA's stock, ratings and popularity. Lebron went to Miami for himself and to play with the best talent available no different if he goes to LA. Melo wants to play with a super team and NY promised that but no super team ever formed . I don't see either leaving unless they can team up together.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-17-2013, 05:35 PM
If Kobe changes his number to 8 this will happen. 6,7,8

nickdymez
07-17-2013, 05:39 PM
The Lebronies are comical to me

LegendsNvrDie23
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM

What a god awful post. Kobe and Carmelo are two of the top ten best ball players in the world. This site seems to be filled with hate. Laker and Heat fans bickering.

Sinattle
07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh man, I keep playing the same CD on my system player.

More-Than-Most
07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Melo/James would work....Melo/James/Kobe would never work sorry. To the thought of Melo is a good fit and James is a system player= :laugh:

LegendsNvrDie23
07-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Lebron would be wise to stay in Miami. He has established himslff there already, no need to wonder off searching for another home.

Melo on the other hand would be better off doing what's best for him. If he feels like he can compete for rings in NewYork then he should stay, but if they don't get close to winning it this year I'm sure he's going to bolt.

nickdymez
07-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Melo/James would work....Melo/James/Kobe would never work sorry. To the thought of Melo is a good fit and James is a system player= :laugh:

Why do coaches in the playoffs.... lol.. Nevermind...

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 06:25 PM
i'd love to see melo and kobe on the same team fighting over the ball trying to reach their 30 shot quotas each game lol

FOBolous
07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
i'd love to see melo and kobe on the same team fighting over the ball trying to reach their 30 shot quotas each game lol

lol that would be interesting to watch.

Aust
07-17-2013, 06:38 PM

I'm a Laker fan and that looks weird.

jimm120
07-17-2013, 06:43 PM
I just want to say one thing:

The Dwight hate was more about his whiny-ness. He got a good coach fired. He wanted an even bigger role in Orlando when now it seems that was the best system for him. He was also visibly not trying as hard sometimes in LA.

What Dwight did in LA...only LA people could be mad. He never wanted to be there and they made it even worse by getting Dantoni and Kobe being the kind of guy he is (demeaning his teammates always).

So the argument isn't about that. Its about how he went about everything.

Marques24kobe
07-17-2013, 06:50 PM

Yes the one cancer has only brought 5 championships to his team. Man I hate cancers like that.

Marques24kobe
07-17-2013, 06:52 PM
lol that would be interesting to watch.

Lol it will be funny to watch D12 cry when Harden chucks the ball 30 times and they are never better then a 4th or 5th seed.

FOBolous
07-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Lol it will be funny to watch D12 cry when Harden chucks the ball 30 times and they are never better then a 4th or 5th seed.

lol another angry Lakers fan :laugh2:

therealwd27
07-17-2013, 06:58 PM
LeBron is not leaving, The HEAT will have salary cap space as well. not just the lakers...Bosh and Wade will opt out and take more years less money allowing LBJ to get the max, and still be able to surround him with good players.

Carmelo im not sure of, the knicks need to get to the ECF this year otherwise I think he would bolt, especially is LALA wants to move out west.

naps
07-17-2013, 07:01 PM
No body of that caliber wants to play with Kobe. He's a system player which is "give me the damn ball because I'm gonna shoot it." If Kobe is not there LA are gonna see stars want to be there.

Lakers + Giants
07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
It's funny seeing you heat fans scared of losing lebron to us. Dont worry now, save it til next july.

Wiggins, kobe, lebron, melo on the same team? ****, dreams do come true!

Avenged
07-17-2013, 08:15 PM
If Lebron leaves to the Lakers or to any other team.. I don't think that ruins his image at all. He signed for less in Miami, AND has brought them 2 championships w/ 3 finals appearances. He really doesn't owe them anything anymore.

Melo, I could understand the scrutiny since he did force a trade to the team he wanted to play in.

Either way, doubt either happens.

With Dwight, everyone just got fed up with him, reportedly, being so indecisive.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 08:27 PM
It's funny seeing you heat fans scared of losing lebron to us. Dont worry now, save it til next july.

no, what's funny is your pipe dream of a post. while your at it you might as well dream of winning the lottery for yourself too.

Marques24kobe
07-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Just angry at trolls like yourself. A persons whos team has picked up a top free agent and thinks their team is now better then it is. And trolls all fans of that players ex team. That's all. Please get it all out now, because I'm afraid we will not hear much from you in a year.

JordansBulls
07-17-2013, 10:51 PM
I would really think low of Lebron for team hopping like that, Melo on the other hand I think is gone.

I think it is more likely Lebron leaves than Melo.

Aust
07-17-2013, 10:53 PM

Why is that?

BigCityofDreams
07-17-2013, 10:54 PM

If Lebron I think he has more than likely goes back home.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 11:54 PM
i actually think dirk might leave to join kobe in LA. they obviously can't get anyone good to sign there from deron to howard, he's gotta be frustrated after the championship team got torn apart.

seikou8
07-18-2013, 12:12 AM
The Lebronies are comical to me

u should be last one talking both kobe and lebron are funny and irrational as hell

bucketss
07-18-2013, 12:58 AM
lakers will tank, draft wiggins, who will go down as another all time great. this **** is ****ed up, i can feel it they always find a way to become relevant.

FOBolous
07-18-2013, 01:04 AM
lakers will tank, draft wiggins, who will go down as another all time great. this **** is ****ed up, i can feel it they always find a way to become relevant.

i don't think it's in Kobe or Nash's personality to tank.

Laker Legend42
07-18-2013, 01:20 AM
I highly doubt either will come here. It's not a foregone conclusion that they will opt out. I think they are both east coast cats and have no plans of coming this way. I still think bron goes home to Cleveland and melo is where he wants to be.

RiceOnTheRun
07-18-2013, 01:45 AM
I think this question was more directed at the Lakers fans attacking Dwight's integrity, because he decided not to resign with the Lakers. They would gladly take a star player like Lebron or Melo, hailing them as heroes, without questioning them but when it comes to a player leaving, they're simply cowards.

Just saying.

UPRock
07-18-2013, 01:47 AM

lol man you're always making funny posts, hope everything's been ok bro.

Aust
07-18-2013, 01:50 AM

Ha, I wish.

BklynKnicks3
07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I dont think that will happen but if it did I would lose some respect for Melo. I lost my respect for lebron the day he joined wade.

justinnum1
07-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Why do coaches in the playoffs.... lol.. Nevermind...

exactly, there is no reasoning to back up your initial claim. Not surprising.

nickdymez
07-18-2013, 12:05 PM
exactly, there is no reasoning to back up your initial claim. Not surprising.

No its just not worth it with you people who love Lebron so much

justinnum1
07-18-2013, 01:06 PM
No its just not worth it with you people who love Lebron so much

You are in every lebron related thread :laugh2:

nickdymez
07-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Thats a lie. I was in the last two.

This one because the Lakers are in the title.
The other one because it was so stupid

Dade County
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM
If Lbj and Melo sign with other team's when they become free agents, more power to them.

No one should get mad, because a player signs with another team; it's their life, now go enjoy yours.

DR_1
07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
LeBron is gone, but I think the Cavs will be the front-runner.

DR_1
07-18-2013, 08:02 PM

So are you :laugh2:

lakerboy
07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Can you imagine all the Lebron fans and the Lakers fans here in PSD. We're always bickering and if LBJ joins LA, you'll see as all join forces together. LA fans will do a 180 on Lebron, me included.

PSD Apocalypse

bucketss
07-18-2013, 08:35 PM
So are you :laugh2:

i think it has something to do with him being a heat fan.

tredigs
07-18-2013, 09:16 PM
....according to logic shared by many, wouldn't that make them worse individuals then Dwight? I mean, Dwight left a team he never wanted to be part of in Free Agency after one year. Both Lebron and Carmelo would be leaving a team that they've invested in, which in turns have invested in THEM, for years. Talk about a lack of loyalty....and all that criticism of Dwight not being able to handle the "pressure" and the "bright lights" would be especially true because Carmelo, after so many years, would be bolting from the city with the brightest lights of all because he couldn't win a ring there to chase rings with other superstars in a smaller city. i don't know...just some food for thought.

Other than Laker fans, I don't know many who are hating on Dwight for leaving LA after being traded there. Making fun of him/them for being so weak after all the offseason uproar? Sure, but it didn't all fall on him.

There was this whole ORLANDO debacle however... Honestly I feel like the hate on him was laughably light compared to Lebron and how he left Cleveland (legitimately).

NYKnickFanatic
07-18-2013, 11:00 PM

Can't lie, they look pretty good in that purple and gold.

Master Mind
07-18-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't see Lebron leaving

ztilzer31
07-19-2013, 04:54 AM
Thats a lie. I was in the last two.

This one because the Lakers are in the title.
The other one because it was so stupid

Not at all. It's not hard to look at your posts dude. 90% of them are in the Lakers forum, LBJ threads, or Houston threads. (lol at the one saying LAL has a better roster than Houston).

You are obviously a giant homer. 99% of what you post is 1. LBJ hate 2. Kobe blowing 3. Homer Laker posts.

This coming from the Kobephile. Kobe has literally had 0 team success without having the triangle offense with the greatest basketball coach of all time.

ztilzer31
07-19-2013, 04:58 AM
I really wish Lakers fans stuck to their forum. I kind of hope you guys get better this year just because when you have a non ****** team to talk about you stop hating on everyone else that won't play for your ****** franchise. No Phil. No Bus. No more rings for the next 10 years Lakers fans.

Mark. My. Words.

hidalgo
07-19-2013, 05:01 AM
i'd lose all respect for Lebron is he teamed up with Kobe. he needs to see him as his rival, not try & help him win rings. he'd ruin his legacy forever if he teamed up with Kobe. he needs to have at least one rival he won't join, he needs to stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland. he should view Kobe as his rival, & have 0 interest in helpin him win. in fact that should be the one thing he'd never even consider doing

Carmello, i'd lose respect for too (but it wouldn't be a sure championship kinda deal, imagine him & kobe sharing 1 ball, kobe would jack that ball up everytime just to make sure he avg more ppg than Carmello, it would be ridiculous to watch)

Munkeysuit
07-19-2013, 05:20 AM
None of these dudes are going to play for the Lakers, Melo is probably going to play with CP3 and Blake, Lebron will probably stay in Miami and then head back to Cleveland in 4 years.

Jtirado16
07-19-2013, 05:31 AM
I really wish Lakers fans stuck to their forum. I kind of hope you guys get better this year just because when you have a non ****** team to talk about you stop hating on everyone else that won't play for your ****** franchise. No Phil. No Bus. No more rings for the next 10 years Lakers fans.

Mark. My. Words.

This is why we hate on so many other teams! You guys always shut us out, and purposly say idiotic things like that. LAKERS WILL WIN MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS THAN YOUR TEAM

MARK. MY. WORDS.

JordansBulls
07-19-2013, 03:33 PM
LeBron is gone, but I think the Cavs will be the front-runner.

Do they have the money? Irving, Lebron and Bynum would be tight.