PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next superstar/James Harden breakout player in the BA?

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
I think its fair to say that no breakout player will have the stellar type of season that James Harden just had again anytime soon.

That said, guys can still have pretty impressive break out seasons even if its not to the level of James Harden.

I think Drummond could potentially be on of the best players in the NBA eventually but he's still extremely raw and I think will take more time to develop so I don't have him in the poll. I also didn't include anyone that just came into the league in 2012 draft as imo those guys will take some more time before breaking out as superstar players. That said, you can vote "Other" if you would like to vote for any of those guys.

D-Leethal
07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Does Paul George have another leap in him?

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 08:48 PM

Paul George and Kyrie Irving are already stars so I didn't include them. But feel free to use the other potion on the poll.

As to will George improve? Yes, I think he will.

VCaintdead17
07-16-2013, 08:49 PM

I don't know if I'd consider it a leap, but he could certainly improve his offense. As of right now he's exactly average offensively. He needs to get better at creating his own shot and improving his efficiency.

phlp_bj
07-16-2013, 08:55 PM
bradley beal

YoungOne
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
jeff green will score 20-22 ppg next season, dunno if this will qualify him for that though

macc
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
My homer pick is Tobias Harris for Orlando

ManRam
07-16-2013, 09:12 PM

Off course. Not sure he'll ever reach it, but there's a lot of room for him to get better offensively. The fact of the matter is that he really wasn't at all elite offensively last season.

Aust
07-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Man, I would love Monroe on my team. Dude is straight up underrated.

ManRam
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Paul George and Kyrie Irving are already stars so I didn't include them. But feel free to use the other potion on the poll.

Harden was as good, and probably better, than either of those two were last season in 2011-2012. A lot has to do with who he played with, but Harden was tremendous 2 years ago, it's just people wrote him off because he was indeed playing with KD and RWB.

Harden didn't come out of nowhere at all. Many felt he was robbed of an AS appearance. But he was at the same place those two are at right now.

birdmann5
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Someone on the Jazz given their situation. Drummond and Wall for sure. Valanjunas is my sleeper.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Damian Lillard will soon have a Derrck Rose like impact for the Blazers in the next year or so. That's who I'm puting my money on.

RipCity32
07-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Out of that list I would have to say Valanciunas but obviously Drummond would be my overall pick.

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 09:26 PM
No one. Harden was an obvious star. The only detractors he had were stupid people saying "HE COME OFF DA BENCH."

hovyboo
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Someone on the Jazz given their situation. Drummond and Wall for sure. Valanjunas is my sleeper.

John Wall

No doubt

UPRock
07-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Lillard, Wall, Favors, Bledsoe.

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 09:48 PM
No one is in a situation remotely resembling Harden's. No one is going to have a Harden like "breakout." He put up exactly the stats you would expect from increased workload. He was less efficient (still hyper efficient) and scored ten more points.

No one is in a situation like that where they get to be crazy efficient because they are the third option going to the first option.

lol, please
07-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Ignoring the Harden portion, the next superstar will be Harrison Barnes.

steveweve
07-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Ignoring the Harden portion, the next superstar will be Harrison Barnes.

Beat me to it.

Kashmir13579
07-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Where is Iman Shumpert on this list?

mrblisterdundee
07-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I voted for Kawhi Leonard, because I think he'll become the second best player on the Spurs this coming season, followed by Danny Green and still led by Tony Parker. Tim Duncan had a throwback year, but I think he tones it down – and saves it for the playoffs.
As for Paul George, I think he should be on this list of anyone thinks he can top 20 points per game and five assists per game next season, which officially puts him in the area code of James Harden, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade.
Some other guys who should be on this list include Ty Lawson, Damian Lillard, Dion Waiters, Bradley Beal and John Wall. Kenneth Fareid is borderline, but I think he'll have to play at small forward for that to happen, which doesn't seem likely with Danilo Galinari around.
I'd wager than Andre Drummond improves more than Greg Monroe.

mrblisterdundee
07-16-2013, 10:04 PM
No one is in a situation remotely resembling Harden's. No one is going to have a Harden like "breakout." He put up exactly the stats you would expect from increased workload. He was less efficient (still hyper efficient) and scored ten more points.

No one is in a situation like that where they get to be crazy efficient because they are the third option going to the first option.

I think Derrick Favors just went from the third or fourth option to the first. He's the only power forward listed on the Jazz's depth chart. I'm not saying he will have a huge breakout, but he is in a similar situation to Harden, all without changing teams.

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 10:09 PM
I think Derrick Favors just went from the third or fourth option to the first. He's the only power forward listed on the Jazz's depth chart. I'm not saying he will have a huge breakout, but he is in a similar situation to Harden, all without changing teams.

He's a good younger player, but he had a TS percentage of 533 as the third option. Harden's was 650 as the third option and he's a guard. It's harder to be more efficient as a guard than it is as a big man.

Jenceman
07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Beat me to it.

Off the bench?

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I voted Monroe, but I think the Pistons effed up and signed Smith, and will hinder Drummond's development, who I think could have been a 15-10-2 player this year.

I am also a closet Pistons fan, don't mind me.

Jarvo
07-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Kawhi or Jimmy if they can take one more step watchout!

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 10:28 PM

at the bottom? Cmon man.

rocket
07-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Monroe will never be a superstar lol.

If I had a vote it would be Drum. But on that list Val...

RipCity32
07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I voted Monroe, but I think the Pistons effed up and signed Smith, and will hinder Drummond's development, who I think could have been a 15-10-2 player this year.

I am also a closet Pistons fan, don't mind me.

I doubt it effects Drummonds development.Any good coach not named Frank knows the impact Drummond has while in the game.

Drummond#1
07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
DRE will reach superstar status next year. Pick from this list Jonas.
Sleeper pick Tobias Harris. Coma pick Chase Budinger.

bOOyah916
07-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Demarcus Cousins is my pick. I think with the new ownership and the sense of stability in SAC will give DMC the opportunity to shine to his full potential. Its his team now, no doubt about it.

CluTcH_c1tY
07-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Demarcus Cousins is my pick. I think with the new ownership and the sense of stability in SAC will give DMC the opportunity to shine to his full potential. Its his team now, no doubt about it.

Beat me to it, Demarcus Cousins will beast next year. Dude is crazy talented, just needs to get his head on straight. Hopeful pick for me would be Thomas Robinson, i hated that the Rockets traded him, dude just needs to be given an oppurtunity, hopefully he excels with the Blazers.

Bostonjorge
07-16-2013, 11:26 PM
kawhi leonard , Harrison Barnes and Kay Thomson.

PayDaPiper
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I think Harrison Barnes is gonna be a star

asandhu23
07-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson... depending on which one of those two comes off the bench.

bOOyah916
07-16-2013, 11:44 PM
I like Barnes, i was hoping that the Kings picked him instead of Robinson. But now that Iggy is in town, isnt Barnes coming off the bench as the 6th man?

curry
Klay
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-17-2013, 02:17 AM
I like Barnes, i was hoping that the Kings picked him instead of Robinson. But now that Iggy is in town, isnt Barnes coming off the bench as the 6th man?

curry
Klay
Iggy
Lee
Bogut
I believe they may start Barnes at the 4 and spread the floor. Bringing Lee off the bench wouldn't be too bad.

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Jeff Green.

He goes from a bench role (like Harden) to No. 1 scoring option role (just like Harden). He will score.

2-ONE-5
07-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Evan Turner.

offense will pretty much run through him and good chance he puts up 18-22ppg to go with his usual 5-7rebs and 4 assists. However it will probably be pretty ineffcient but hopefully it raises his trade value

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Evan Turner.

offense will pretty much run through him and good chance he puts up 18-22ppg to go with his usual 5-7rebs and 4 assists. However it will probably be pretty ineffcient but hopefully it raises his trade value

That doesn't exactly answer the question then

2-ONE-5
07-19-2013, 08:11 AM

other? hes never going to have a crazy breakout season with Melo on the team. Besides he doesnt have that kind of offensive potential to being with

That doesn't exactly answer the question then

how so? hes going to have that Harden type breakout but its going to come as a result of our terrible team and lack of talent. The next star part all hinges on where hes traded to.

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
other? hes never going to have a crazy breakout season with Melo on the team. Besides he doesnt have that kind of offensive potential to being with

how so? hes going to have that Harden type breakout but its going to come as a result of our terrible team and lack of talent. The next star part all hinges on where hes traded to.

No, because being inefficient isn't a Harden like breakout.

Harden went from being the most efficient 16 points a game to the seventh best player in the league.

Turner isn't even a top 50 player and won't be even with 18 points a game if it is inefficient.

dalton749
07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
nice to see val getting some love.
but he probably wont get the touches next
anything under 14-8 from him and ill be disappointed though

envymamba24
07-19-2013, 08:35 AM

As to will George improve? Yes, I think he will.

Yea the guys only like 23 isn't he? Omg as a laker fan wanting security for the next decade I drool over that guy. He has all the tools to be a damn good player

envymamba24
07-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Jeff Green.

He goes from a bench role (like Harden) to No. 1 scoring option role (just like Harden). He will score.

That's a good point. It might be shadowed though if they don't win much. But he and rondo will make sure green gets touches. That guy is dangerous

boboo73
07-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Butler or Cousins. Cousins has so much raw ability that it's hard not to pick him. However, every year you expect him to break out and that has yet to come to fruition.

If Butler develops a more consistent jumper he will be pretty dangerous. The strength he has for his size and his leaping ability, along with his defense already make him a solid contributor. Adding a jumper will help his game tremendously for a guy that can already move well without the ball.

2-ONE-5
07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
No, because being inefficient isn't a Harden like breakout.

Harden went from being the most efficient 16 points a game to the seventh best player in the league.

Turner isn't even a top 50 player and won't be even with 18 points a game if it is inefficient.

who cares? you are the worst dude

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 09:09 AM
who cares? you are the worst dude

Well, if you aren't going to stay on topic in a thread, don't post in one.

sunsfan88
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Yea the guys only like 23 isn't he? Omg as a laker fan wanting security for the next decade I drool over that guy. He has all the tools to be a damn good player

Well you are in luck, he said that he would have a hard time turning down the Lakers if they made him an offer next summer.

3RDASYSTEM
07-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Off course. Not sure he'll ever reach it, but there's a lot of room for him to get better offensively. The fact of the matter is that he really wasn't at all elite offensively last season.

Like at what? get better at posting up being a 6'10'' SG?

GEORGE wont improve nothing outside of getting more minutes which equates to higher PPG and maybe a decent post game, other than that you've seen the best of GEORGE, he made the allstar team didn't he this past season right?

I don't get this getting better **** after being in the league 3yrs, like TMAC for instance, he was sitting on the bench in TOR with the same sick skill set and killer game, its the reason why PHI tried to pair him up with AI but that trade for HUGHES in like 98-99'' failed

you guys don't even know how to judge players and even twist it up more using PER and TS and win shares and all types of dumb ****

How did JORDAN get better? by getting his *** kicked his first 6yrs and then winning rings so that made him better? the 'come fly with me' JORDAN wasn't a top 10 player alltime candidate pre rings? c'mon don't trick yourself into being a yes man

he was easily a top 10 alltime player to me, BIRD said he was disguised as JORDAN

talk about muddy waters

3RDASYSTEM
07-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Well you are in luck, he said that he would have a hard time turning down the Lakers if they made him an offer next summer.

Then the luck fades into oblivion because BIRD has stated they will match any offer, maximum style

kingkenny01
07-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Anthony Davis looked really good last year he could make the jump

boboo73
07-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Anthony Davis looked really good last year he could make the jump

Good call.

Bmoss12
07-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Obvious the Most Likely is Favors or Kanter

Sleepers

Dion Waiters or Patrick Beverley

THE MTL
07-19-2013, 12:50 PM
If John Wall stays healthy the entire season, its all him. He would already been a top 3 NBA PG. He has all the tools to be the 2nd or 3rd best PG in the league to tell you the truth. He has the passing, he puts up points, and has defense.

mdm692
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
If Hornacek can make Bledsoe a lethal shooter than my vite is on him. But for the sake of tanking for Wiggins I hope he struggles lol.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Favors?

IKnowHoops
07-19-2013, 02:36 PM
John Wall

No doubt

First name that came to mind

2-ONE-5
07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Well, if you aren't going to stay on topic in a thread, don't post in one.

it is on topic. get a life

JordansBulls
07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Curry was also this breakout star last year as well.