PDA

View Full Version : Nash to hit the trading block?

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
This is no source, this is pure speculation. Nash went to the Lakers with the hopes of winning a championship. If they couldn't pull it off with Howard, they won't pull it off with Kaman, especially after losing Metta World Peace and Jamison. Nash wants to win and I expect he may request a trade, most especially if Kobe won't be returning to the team at the start of the season. Even if he doesn't request a trade, it seems like getting his contract off the books would be ideal for the Lakers next off season and letting nature take its course this year would be in the best interest of the Lakers whose draft pick in 2015 will be going to Phoenix. This years pick, they get to keep. Might as well make it a high one.

So the question is: Who would want Nash? Where would he fit? Should the Lakers even look to move him?

A sentimental pic would be Toronto, but I'm not sure the new GM would be down for that, and I'm not sure they have much to offer.

I think a great pick would be Detroit. Their draft pick this season will likely be going to Charlotte, unless Detroit REALLY sucks (which I don't expect) or the miss the playoffs and get REALLY lucky.... so a draft pick this year is out of the question, but a 2016 or 2017 pick is not. Also, Detroit has some expiring contracts (Charlie V and Rodney Stuckey) and a couple of young players they could afford to give up (Kyle Singler). Some other pieces could include Jason Maxiell or Jonas Jerebko. With a draft pick, and an expiring contract, the Lakers could be tempted to let Nash walk, especially if it means clearing up even more cap space next year. As for Detroit, with Smith and their new shooting guard, as well as a couple of bigs, what Detroit needs is a great distributor. Cheeks is coaching, and Billups is back, so with Nash and Billups and Cheeks as mentors, my hope would be that Knight could be groomed as a play maker instead of what is essentially a combo guard. But Nash's play making would make this team so much better on offense.

I'm a Detroit fan though... this may be unrealistic, but I think a move like that would help out all parties involved.

Though I'm not sure what they might want to give up, OKC would be a GREAT landing spot for Nash as well. As we saw this past post season, OCK NEEDS a pack-up point guard, and none would be better than Nash, who would allow Westbrook soem time at SG off the ball.

What do you think? Should LAL move Nash? Where would he be a good fit? NY? BK? OKC? DET? HOU? GSW? Any trade scenarios or teams you'd like to see Nash on?

Gibby23
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM
He won't get traded this year. Maybe next year and I think he would only want to go to the Raptors.

DanG
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Trade him for expirings.

Trueblue2
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Make it Knight + Stuckey/Charlie and you have a deal. You can even have a 2nd round pick ;)

RipCity32
07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Make it Knight + Stuckey/Charlie and you have a deal. You can even have a 2nd round pick ;)

No thanks

Lo Porto
07-16-2013, 06:28 PM
He won't get traded this year. Maybe next year and I think he would only want to go to the Raptors.

He's not going anywhere this summer. Trade him to the Raptors next summer for cap space. Or LA could trade Nash to the Raptors for S&T of Lowry.

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
steve nash = 9.3 million

raptors offer

fields = 5.2 million + camby = 3.3 million

nash wont net much return because he is 39 years old and will retire after next season when his contract is up. the lakers are better off keeping him.

the only reason toronto would even want him at this point is because he is from canada and would be a feel good story to have him retire here. And to serve as a mentor.

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 06:51 PM
He's not going anywhere this summer. Trade him to the Raptors next summer for cap space. Or LA could trade Nash to the Raptors for S&T of Lowry.

no thank you, why would we give up a 26 year old starting pg for someone who will simply retire :confused:

John Walls Era
07-16-2013, 06:58 PM
steve nash = 9.3 million

raptors offer

nash wont net much return because he is 39 years old and will retire after next season when his contract is up. the lakers are better off keeping him.

the only reason toronto would even want him at this point is because he is from canada and would be a feel good story to have him retire here. And to serve as a mentor.

However bad they did last year, Lakers aren't ********.

Bostonjorge
07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Why trade Nash? Lakers have the cap room to sign Melo and lebron to max with Nash contract on the books next year. If those 2 sign players will flock and take less to play in LA. They can still trade him right before free agency next year.

Best fit for Nash would be Indian with George Hill playing the 2 like he did with the spurs.

KB24PG16
07-16-2013, 07:06 PM
he came to la partially to be close to his kids, i dont see the lakers trading him unless he asks to be

Lo Porto
07-16-2013, 07:11 PM
no thank you, why would we give up a 26 year old starting pg for someone who will simply retire :confused:

You'd take Nash if you thought Lowry was leaving anyway. Rumor had it last year that Nash almost went to Toronto anyway because he could get a front office job there upon retirement. He'd fit well there for a year especially if you were losing Lowry.

THE MTL
07-16-2013, 07:16 PM
I would love to have him on the Knicks. We got the perimeter defenders to cover up his faults on defense and we'll finally have a leader to run the show at PG.

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 07:33 PM
You'd take Nash if you thought Lowry was leaving anyway. Rumor had it last year that Nash almost went to Toronto anyway because he could get a front office job there upon retirement. He'd fit well there for a year especially if you were losing Lowry.

lowry is entering a contract year. doesnt mean we lose him automatically. if he performs he will get paid. if he doesnt i would hope that we replace him with someone younger.

nothing against nash. but he is pretty much almost done his career. once he retires he can always land a front office job here if he would like. he is already the gm of the senior canadian basketball team. wont be hard for him to land a front office job with the raps.

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 07:35 PM
However bad they did last year, Lakers aren't ********.

thats why i said they are better off to keep him. at his age he wont net anything special thats for sure.

shep33
07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
It will be for an expiring or it will be for nothing. To create max cap room next year, we can use the stretch waive on Nash. Instead of that 9 mill cap hit, it only becomes 3 mill for the next 3 years.

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Where is the source, you troll?

Did you read the first line?

BHF
07-16-2013, 11:07 PM

are you serious? there isn't one player on the LA other than Kobe that id want on raps only thing id give up for Nash at this point is our scrubs that's it

Cracka2HI!
07-17-2013, 12:06 AM
The Lakers would be smart to move him for expirings. I like the OP's idea of Detroit. That makes sense for both teams. There aren't many teams that can use Nash at this point. The Lakers have a real chance to tank and get a great pick in a great draft and have max cap space. They could start over in 1 year. I also think a top 5 pick would be a bigger draw than Bryant. Especially if Howard is any indication. I think the Lakers are too proud to do it though. I see that ending up landing them the 10th-15th pick.

Max.This
07-17-2013, 12:10 AM
steve nash = 9.3 million

raptors offer

camby is getting bought out by the raps.

Max.This
07-17-2013, 12:12 AM
I would love to have him on the Knicks. We got the perimeter defenders to cover up his faults on defense and we'll finally have a leader to run the show at PG.

only if they took amare lol. Other than that I dont see anyone we currently have signed that i'd give up for him.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Did you read the first line?

You should realize by now that most posters just read the title and hit reply.

But you probably should have reworded it to "Should Nash hit the trading block?"

ldawg
07-17-2013, 12:29 AM
I think Jennings should demand to the Lakers or sign a 1 year deal to remain with the Bucks. Blake and second round pick for jennings

raider_fan
07-17-2013, 12:30 AM
DOUBT he gets traded

Max.This
07-17-2013, 12:39 AM
I think Jennings should demand to the Lakers or sign a 1 year deal to remain with the Bucks. Blake and second round pick for jennings

Do you really see brandon jennings getting a long with kobe bryant....Kobe has earned the right to take dumb shots, Jennings hasn't

lakerboy
07-17-2013, 12:44 AM
This is no source, this is pure speculation. Nash went to the Lakers with the hopes of winning a championship. If they couldn't pull it off with Howard, they won't pull it off with Kaman, especially after losing Metta World Peace and Jamison. Nash wants to win and I expect he may request a trade, most especially if Kobe won't be returning to the team at the start of the season. Even if he doesn't request a trade, it seems like getting his contract off the books would be ideal for the Lakers next off season and letting nature take its course this year would be in the best interest of the Lakers whose draft pick in 2015 will be going to Phoenix. This years pick, they get to keep. Might as well make it a high one.

So the question is: Who would want Nash? Where would he fit? Should the Lakers even look to move him?

A sentimental pic would be Toronto, but I'm not sure the new GM would be down for that, and I'm not sure they have much to offer.

I think a great pick would be Detroit. Their draft pick this season will likely be going to Charlotte, unless Detroit REALLY sucks (which I don't expect) or the miss the playoffs and get REALLY lucky.... so a draft pick this year is out of the question, but a 2016 or 2017 pick is not. Also, Detroit has some expiring contracts (Charlie V and Rodney Stuckey) and a couple of young players they could afford to give up (Kyle Singler). Some other pieces could include Jason Maxiell or Jonas Jerebko. With a draft pick, and an expiring contract, the Lakers could be tempted to let Nash walk, especially if it means clearing up even more cap space next year. As for Detroit, with Smith and their new shooting guard, as well as a couple of bigs, what Detroit needs is a great distributor. Cheeks is coaching, and Billups is back, so with Nash and Billups and Cheeks as mentors, my hope would be that Knight could be groomed as a play maker instead of what is essentially a combo guard. But Nash's play making would make this team so much better on offense.

I'm a Detroit fan though... this may be unrealistic, but I think a move like that would help out all parties involved.

Though I'm not sure what they might want to give up, OKC would be a GREAT landing spot for Nash as well. As we saw this past post season, OCK NEEDS a pack-up point guard, and none would be better than Nash, who would allow Westbrook soem time at SG off the ball.

What do you think? Should LAL move Nash? Where would he be a good fit? NY? BK? OKC? DET? HOU? GSW? Any trade scenarios or teams you'd like to see Nash on?

If I were LA I'd do your trade in a heart beat. Not sure about Detroit doing it though. You guys have Chauncey back already.

TheMightyHumph
07-17-2013, 01:05 AM

Might have worked if Artest wasn't amnestied and included in the deal

RipCity32
07-17-2013, 01:20 AM
With Billups back I don't think Dumars would ever even consider it.Whats the point we got back our veteran and he will probably bring back a majority of the band wagon fans in Detroit as well.

GMpunk
07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
how about a 4 way trade.....
tor. S.Nash
wash. B.Jennings
mill. k.Lowry and E.oakfor
LA. J.wall
it wont happen but i can dream right??? lol

Mcdoh
07-17-2013, 03:24 PM
lakers won't trade him this year...

ll_eric_ll
07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Lakers should trade kobe, nash,.. maybe even relocate to seattle.

colinskik
07-17-2013, 03:50 PM
You have to think Nash can't be too happy with the current situation in LA, since he went there essentially to chase a ring. The Lakers squad at the beginning of the year will be very similiar to PHX's last year

JordansBulls
07-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Trade him for expirings.

Like anyone or whom?

Jenceman
07-19-2013, 06:53 PM
You have to think Nash can't be too happy with the current situation in LA, since he went there essentially to chase a ring. The Lakers squad at the beginning of the year will be very similiar to PHX's last year

Umn Kobe Bryant, a top 5-10 player in the league, is the big difference there.

mrblisterdundee
07-19-2013, 07:24 PM
I wonder if Cuban would consider taking on Nash. It would be poetic for him and Dirk Nowitzki to end their contracts together, and Dallas would have some huge cap space in two years. As it stands, they're not winning a championship without a complete rebuild.

3RDASYSTEM
07-19-2013, 07:49 PM
he came to la partially to be close to his kids, i dont see the lakers trading him unless he asks to be

True,that plays a major factor especially hearing it from the horses mouth, NASH himself

AddiX
07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Who wants Nash anymore?

Seriously, I can't say I've ever seen a bigger defensive liability than Nash last season on defense. Not to mention his health is declining.

heyman321
07-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I wonder if Cuban would consider taking on Nash. It would be poetic for him and Dirk Nowitzki to end their contracts together, and Dallas would have some huge cap space in two years. As it stands, they're not winning a championship without a complete rebuild.

I wonder if the Bobcats and next next year Hornets would consider taking on Kobe? i mean it would be poetic for him to end his career in Charlotte. As it stands, Kobe is definitely not winning another championship without another complete rebuild. It would be a nice off into the sunset moment for Kobe.

NBA-GMaster
07-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Nash to bucks for Jennings and buyouts contract.. then Nash signs to Houston or NewYork..

chitown4eva88
07-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Nash to the Heat

Lakers Ghost
07-20-2013, 04:38 PM

thats why nash didnt let his wife move his children to L.A.

nash needs to be traded maybe for jennings or include him in a trade to get lamarcus aldridge he can be a mentor to lillard.:cool:

steveweve
07-20-2013, 10:33 PM
thats why nash didnt let his wife move his children to L.A.

nash needs to be traded maybe for jennings or include him in a trade to get lamarcus aldridge he can be a mentor to lillard.:cool:

sarcasm?

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Kobe should be on the block as well

drchampion
07-21-2013, 01:00 AM
I think steve nash should go to utah

SportsFanatic10
07-21-2013, 02:09 AM
i love nash and wish he was on a team with a chance.