PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the league leaders in the 5 major statistical categories?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Feel free to copy/paste this (and do more than the leader if ya want)

NUMBERS too if you want to put some thought into it

Assists:
Steals:
Blocks:

(per game if it wasn't obvious)

I'll post my predictions in a bit, working on something else.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Rebounds: Kevin Love- 14.1
Assists: Chris Paul- 10
Steals: Ricky Rubio- 2.65
Blocks: Larry Sanders- 3.0

JerseyPalahniuk
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Rebounds: Kevin Love
Assists: Chris Paul
Steals: Ricky Rubio
Blocks: Larry Sanders

didn't ask in the thread but any idea on numbers? Pretty much agree with this although I think I have Howard winning the rebounding title again with the up tempo (not as much as last year obviously) style they play and the lack of a rebounding PF. Wouldn't be surprised with Love winning but both players had injury issues.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
didn't ask in the thread but any idea on numbers? Pretty much agree with this although I think I have Howard winning the rebounding title again with the up tempo (not as much as last year obviously) style they play and the lack of a rebounding PF. Wouldn't be surprised with Love winning but both players had injury issues.

I think the Rockets slow down some, and the Wolves will be running quite a bit more, plus if you watch the Wolves, nobody even tries for defensive rebounds because they know Love is a vacuum. Though, that could be said of Howard as well haha. It will be a 2 man race between them imo.

Aapox
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Well I'm sure I'm going to miss a few obvious ones here, but off of the top of my head I'm going to do this because it seems fun...no numbers though for me:

Durant
Anthony
James
Bryant
Rose

Rebounds:

Howard
Love
Vucevic
Randolph
Horford

Assists:

Paul
Williams
Rondo
Parker
Rubio

Steals:

Rubio
Paul
Walker
Harden
Conley Jr.

Blocks:

Sanders
Howard
Ibaka
Noah
Hibbert

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Rebounds: Kevin Love- 14.1
Assists: Chris Paul- 10
Steals: Ricky Rubio- 2.65
Blocks: Larry Sanders- 3.0

Great selections!

I would have guess Harden for points had Dwight stayed in LAL, but since he left...

Points: Kobe.... with two team players like Pau and Nash being the second and third best scorers, and a passive coach like 'Antoni... Kobe is going to get ALL the shots he wants....

Rebounds: Hard to say Love and Dwight will be sharing glass duties with Pek and Asik respectively... if either of those latter two get moved, the Love or Dwight, otherwise I think it may actually end up being Anthony Davis who will get a ton of minutes (if healthy) and not have much help on the glass.

Assists: CP3 or Rubio... I'd like to say Rondo, but who does he have to pass to?

Steals: Rubio

Blocks: Anthony Davis or Sanders.

Chacarron
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Rebounds: Love 14.3 RPG
Assists: Wall 9.9 APG
Steals: Rubio 2.2 STG
Blocks: Ibaka 3.3 BPG

ManRam
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Points: Durant by less than 1/10th of a point over Melo. Kobe will be 3rd, and will qualify.
Rebounds: Love if the Rockets don't trade Asik, Howard if they do
Assists: Paul...no reason to be bold here
Blocks: Sanders. It will be him or Ibaka. I wouldn't bet a cent on "the field" even if their odds were nuts.

JEDean89
07-16-2013, 07:21 PM
i dunno but i wouldn't be shocked if lebron tries to shoot in the 50% 40% 90% club, try to average a triple double or be the scoring leader. he doesn't have too many accolades yet and if he 3 peats, there are even fewer things left for him to individually accomplish.

javale mcgee is also my darkhorse block candidate, now that he's starting he'll get serious minutes.

Munkeysuit
07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Rebounds: Dwight Howard - 13.0
Assists: Rajon Rondo - 11.0
Steals: Kyrie Irving - 2.4
Blocks: Larry Sanders or Dwight Howard - 2.7

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Pts - Durant
Reb - Love
Ast - Paul (was gonna say rondo but his teammates aren't as good now)
Stl - Rubio/Westbrook
Blk - Howard/Ibaka

i know i cheated a bit on the last 2 lol.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Points: Durant by less than 1/10th of a point over Melo. Kobe will be 3rd, and will qualify.
Rebounds: Love if the Rockets don't trade Asik, Howard if they do
Assists: Paul...no reason to be bold here
Blocks: Sanders. It will be him or Ibaka. I wouldn't bet a cent on "the field" even if their odds were nuts.

eff off copycat :)

ManRam
07-16-2013, 07:32 PM
eff off copycat :)

haha. I didn't realize. made mine without looking at anyone else's.

thing is, i went into this saying "i'm gonna try to be different"...but i think most of those are relative slam dunks.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 07:36 PM
haha. I didn't realize. made mine without looking at anyone else's.

thing is, i went into this saying "i'm gonna try to be different"...but i think most of those are relative slam dunks.

with Rubio healthy, you have to figure he is a no brainer pick, he was barely behind Paul last year. Sanders also, he will be a featured part of the defense day 1. Love/Dwight are in a class of their own when speaking of per game, because they have incredible rebound rates and play 35 mpg. Assists will be the tough one. Rondo has dominated, but his binkie's are gone now.

MinnesotaFtw
07-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Rebounds: Dwight Howard 14 RPG
Assists: Cp3 11 APG
Steals: Rubio 2.5 SPG
Blocks: Ibaka 2.8 BPG

Avenged
07-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Rebounds: Love
Assists: Chris Paul
Steals: Conley
Blocks: Dwight

JerseyPalahniuk
07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
i dunno but i wouldn't be shocked if lebron tries to shoot in the 50% 40% 90% club, try to average a triple double or be the scoring leader. he doesn't have too many accolades yet and if he 3 peats, there are even fewer things left for him to individually accomplish.

javale mcgee is also my darkhorse block candidate, now that he's starting he'll get serious minutes.

Both Lebron and pat Riley said that he should work on his FT shooting. He wants toget to 85% next season, a 10% increase. Could see McGee getting that swat title as well with enoug minutes

D-Leethal
07-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Durant
Dwight
Rondo
Eric Bledsoe
Dwight

Reasoning: Durant is going to have to play a shitload of minutes and score a shitload of points because of the lack of depth on that squad.

Dwight will be healthy and motivated to be dominant and I think he will, at least statistically and on the boards and having Asik might allow him to be more aggressive with his shotblocking, knowing he has a very capable backup if he gets a couple fouls.

I think the Celtics are a little underrated this year. I also think Rondo is going to relish finally having a young team to run with him and I think his assists will be the same video-game type assists were used to seeing from him.

Bledsoe is gonna have free reign out there and I think he should get 2.5 steals per.

RealLiveBear
07-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Rebounds: Kevin Love 13.9
Assists: Deron Williams 11.0
Steals: Ricky Rubio 2.72
Blocks: Serge Ibaka 3.05

Being bold With williams in assists but I just have a feeling he was usually near the top in Utah and now he just has a lot of weapons to pass to I could see it. Everything else isn't too bold.

Kjthunder
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Points: Durant- 29.6 (will have to until lamb starts coming along)
Rebounds: Love- 14.3 (dude is a beast on boards)
Assists: Rubio - 11.2 (He finally has Love back healthy, and Martin and budinger will help by knocking shots)
Steals: Paul - 3.1 (Dude's a thief haha)
Blocks: Sanders - 3.0 (Wanted to go with my boy Ibaka but couldnt)

Runners up without numbers:

Rebounds: Dwight
Assists: Paul
Blocks: Ibaka!

Cal827
07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Points: Lebron James. I see that he's going to have to really take over for the Heat this year, unless Wade somehow stops the decline.

Rebounds: Love. Done it before. I think a darkhorse could be AV (if Bynum can't remain healthy). Of course Howard has a really good shot at it.

Assists: Paul. Pretty much a lock with that roster. A healthy Rubio could also reach near the top, and it'll be interesting to see how Rondo plays with the new roster. Same with Deron (if he becomes more of a pass first PG).

Steals: Rubio or Lowry

Blocks: Sanders or Ibaka

Oefarmy2005
07-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Rebounds: Love 13.7
Assists: Cp3 10.2
Steals: Cp3 2.6
Blocks: Ibaka 3.0

Second:
Rebounds: Howard 13.5
Assists: Rubio 9.2
Steals: Rubio 2.4