PDA

View Full Version : Heat to amnesty Mike Miller

310Casper
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
per espn

You had a large part in championship #1, your services and injury prone body is no longer needed. Also, the heat will save 40 million in taxes the next 2 years with this move. Business is business. This opens up a roster spot, oden? mo williams?

Gators123
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Tanking for Wiggins.

kdspurman
07-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Grizz could use a guy like him.

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/211521/reports-heat-decide-to-amnesty-mike-miller

Obviously a move that had to be done financially but losing Mike Miller, considered a critical piece to Miami's playoff/title success, is significant. Definitely a blow for the Heat, tough to replace a guy with that much 3 pt accuracy and consistency.

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I though he was the Heat's best role player in big game situations. Huge blow that will go overlooked.

AI
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd take him on the Knicks. He's still a sniper from downtown and could fill the Novak role admirably.

FYL_McVeezy
07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Why didn't they wait to use their amnesty until they have to break apart the big 3?

FOBolous
would love him on the Rockets

FYL_McVeezy
I'd take him on the Knicks. He's still a sniper from downtown and could fill the Novak role admirably.

This too!

Slug3
07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Why didn't they wait to use their amnesty until they have to break apart the big 3?

Because they save like 15 million this year using it now. Not that we can just plug someone in with that money but I am sure Mickey doesnt want to pay it if he doesnt have to.

James Jones can hit 3s, just as good as Miller and is less injury prone.

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 03:10 PM

He'll definitely be highly coveted, particularly by the contenders. Watch him go to the Spurs.

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Because they save like 15 million this year using it now. Not that we can just plug someone in with that money but I am sure Mickey doesnt want to pay it if he doesnt have to.

James Jones can hit 3s, just as good as Miller and is less injury prone.

lol, you're kidding right? The problem with him is that he's dangerously inconsistent and is always lost.

NYKnicks4511
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
lol, you're kidding right? The problem with him is that he's dangerously inconsistent and is always lost.

Yeah he's probably trying to find his face. God damn that dude is ugly!

Jtirado16
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Lakers time baby!!

UPRock
07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Wow, really? He's a big part of the team.

SteBO
07-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I though he was the Heat's best role player in big game situations. Huge blow that will go overlooked.
Lol not really....there are other shooters out there and we're jammed enough on the wings with Wade, LBJ, Battier, Ray, James Jones. But most importantly, for the minutes he plays and the impact he has (which hasn't been much sans a few instances), it wasn't worth the financial hit. Don't blame Micky one bit....he saves $40 million.

I personally would've saved it for later, but this will have a minimal impact on Miami.

TeamSeattle
07-16-2013, 03:20 PM

Discounted right Heat fans. He'll be in NY.

ztilzer31
07-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Love Miller, but this is probably the right move. He laid it all on the line in the finals, and really helped the Heat win the title this year... However he looked broken a lot of last year, and the wheels will fall off soon.

40 million is a lot, and he is expendable.

29$JerZ
07-16-2013, 03:23 PM
NY will be all over him.

I don't know how much longer he can last though, body pretty much abandoned him.

Lo Porto
07-16-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm glad the new CBA is actually working (MWP amnesty, Mike Miller amnesty, teams aren't able to sign anybody using a $5.6 million exception even if they are already over the luxury, etc.).

As for the Heat, this loss stings a little, but they already have James Jones and Rashard Lewis there on small contracts. Those guys might not be as good as Mike Miller, but they aren't that far off.

Iron24th
07-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't think miami will miss this injury prone with a broken back, even if he got hot in the Finals.

Jetsguy
07-16-2013, 03:30 PM
I thought he was close to retirement?

JLynn943
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
He came up huge for them a number of times and played hard every time I saw him on the floor. The Heat will miss that and his 3 point shooting obviously. But, he's not available to play many minutes with all of his injuries. It isn't a massive loss, but he was good for them when he needed to be. Someone else will have to step up in the playoffs for them now.

kingkenny01
07-16-2013, 03:33 PM
greg oden or sam dalembert is coming to the heat now

h2r09
07-16-2013, 03:33 PM
He will go to Memphis.

4milesperday
07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Dude will go to a big market, he's been more focused on his energy drink than basketball...lately

therealwd27
07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
"Micky Arison: Thank you Mike Miller for 3 amazing years. You'll always be part of the @miamiheat family #2TimeChamp #LetItFly"

therealwd27
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Arison had no choice, sucks from a teammate stand point since they are all so close, but opens a roster spot, still have the mini mid level, Varnado contract not guaranteed, so Oden or Mo Williams might come to south beach

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Bet he signs with the lakers or knicks

naps
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Damn, I'll miss him. Big time player. He lives for playoffs. He'll be a significant addition for a contender if they know how to use him (Rest in regular season, and get him ready and fresh for post-season). As for Miami, they had to do it. This move saved them A LOT of money. I am guessing Miami is making room for some bigs such as Dalembert/Oden etc.

Wade n Fade
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
If I am Mike, I'll just retire. Good way to go out on top. He can give his body a rest and he won two titles with us. He can play for sure and he was such a huge part of our finals success, but it might have been for the better for Mickey's pockets. Now, I guess we have to get our big man and James Ennis will make the roster.

rockbottom2010
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
greg oden or sam dalembert is coming to the heat now

bingo!

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Lol not really....there are other shooters out there and we're jammed enough on the wings with Wade, LBJ, Battier, Ray, James Jones. But most importantly, for the minutes he plays and the impact he has (which hasn't been much sans a few instances), it wasn't worth the financial hit. Don't blame Micky one bit....he saves $40 million.

I personally would've saved it for later, but this will have a minimal impact on Miami.

James Jones is non-existent. Miller was consistent and shot 61% 3PT in the finals. In a 7 game series, thats pretty signficant. Heat need realiable shooters when the double teams come, thats their game. Mike Miller was also a very good perimeter "tip" passer and had a high BB IQ. The impact is more than you think.

ChitownBears22
07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I can't believe they dumped his contract and not Joel's. Hopefully they can find someone to replace his vet knowledge. And if anything hopefully the roster spot is gained by a big man like Oden.

mvb815
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
plenty of players to fill the void, good move

Nycbball08
07-16-2013, 04:20 PM
I look for them to cut Joel the hacker Anthony as well

LivinLakers
07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I look for them to cut Joel the hacker Anthony as well
A team can only use the amnesty once. So you are stuck with Dookie Joel.

Nycbball08
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM

I'm a Knicks fan,

Stunner
07-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Bulls

ATX
07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
LOL @ all these Knicks fans in here criticizing this move. Acting like the Heat just lost out on being contenders next season. You all obviously have zero knowledge of the Heat and their situation. Obviously this move was to save some money on the huge luxary tax bill. Moreover, this paves the way to bring in a big man and address the Heat's biggest need. Besides Ennis is looking good and will more than likely get a roster spot. The Heat need to get younger. Losing Miller hurts a little, but is a sacrifice that needed to be made. Jones was non existent because he never played. He's still one of the best 3 point shooters on the team. Do y'all really think Riley doesn't have a plan in place here? Give me a break. Ridiculousness...

LivinLakers

I'm a Knicks fan,
Sorry about that. So Heat are stuck with him. BTW, how do you like the Metta signing? I think he could add toughness and a low post threat. I think he will work out well in NY.

FreakaNashur
I can't believe they dumped his contract and not Joel's. Hopefully they can find someone to replace his vet knowledge. And if anything hopefully the roster spot is gained by a big man like Oden.
What much does the heat save by amnestying Joel? 1 million?lol..

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM
****! I really liked Miller on this team, I was hoping Arison would bite the bullet on the tax. But it would of been a big hit for him no question.

FreakaNashur
Sorry about that. So Heat are stuck with him. BTW, how do you like the Metta signing? I think he could add toughness and a low post threat. I think he will work out well in NY.
metta is awful. his PER is even worst

ChitownBears22
What much does the heat save by amnestying Joel? 1 million?lol..

I think it was $15 million. It was a money move. If it was a team move it would have been Anthony. Still not worried, still have Battier and Allen. We need to get bigger, teams are countering small ball by owning the paint.

True Sports Fan
07-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Mike Miller played a huge role for Miami in the postseason the past couple of seasons. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone offered him a lucrative contract

blahblahyoutoo
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Tanking for Wiggins.

lol

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Mike Miller played a huge role for Miami in the postseason the past couple of seasons. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone offered him a lucrative contract

i'm curious to see if he retires. i hope he stays and plays somewhere in a good situation, i'm still a fan of watching the man play. #LetItFly

kobe4thewinbang
07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Why not amnesty LeBron? He's sucked for years. Worst player on the team.

:silly:

IKnowHoops
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
James Jones is non-existent. Miller was consistent and shot 61% 3PT in the finals. In a 7 game series, thats pretty signficant. Heat need realiable shooters when the double teams come, thats their game. Mike Miller was also a very good perimeter "tip" passer and had a high BB IQ. The impact is more than you think.

Ray, Shane, Rashard, Jones, all play the same position as Mike miller and none of them start. The Heat are super deep at the 3 spot with 3pt shooters.

TrueFan420
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Cause they save way more money by doing this to miller

TheNumber37
07-16-2013, 05:19 PM
he has to clear waivers, someone will bid for him.

If not, he will go the nets for the min or rockets
Knicks don't have a chance.

bleedprple&gold
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
LOL @ all these Knicks fans in here criticizing this move. Acting like the Heat just lost out on being contenders next season. You all obviously have zero knowledge of the Heat and their situation. Obviously this move was to save some money on the huge luxary tax bill. Moreover, this paves the way to bring in a big man and address the Heat's biggest need. Besides Ennis is looking good and will more than likely get a roster spot. The Heat need to get younger. Losing Miller hurts a little, but is a sacrifice that needed to be made. Jones was non existent because he never played. He's still one of the best 3 point shooters on the team. Do y'all really think Riley doesn't have a plan in place here? Give me a break. Ridiculousness...

Yea Knicks fans can't say **** in regards to the amnesty provision. Their team is part of one of the dumbest personnel moves of all time. Remember when they picked up Billups option, then proceeded to amnesty him like a week later so they could sign Chandler. If only they had declined his option and reserved their amnesty for one of the biggest wastes of money in the whole nba - Amare, you guys would be in a million times better financial situation than you are now. The amnesty clause was made exactly for guys like Amare, and yet it was used on a guy that could have been released for nothing just a week earlier. Talk about dumb! :laugh:

True Sports Fan
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
i'm curious to see if he retires. i hope he stays and plays somewhere in a good situation, i'm still a fan of watching the man play. #LetItFly

Yeah I enjoy watching him in the postseason. He becomes a damn solid role player.

justinnum1
07-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Tough loss

Knick_Fever
07-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Ray, Shane, Rashard, Jones, all play the same position as Mike miller and none of them start. The Heat are super deep at the 3 spot with 3pt shooters.

Yeah super deep with jones and lewis, yeah smh.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
After the finals he just had I would guess he will be signed very soon.

hotdalton18
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Smh , heat haters acting like its a big deal

Blessing in disguise

Ennis time!

SteBO
07-16-2013, 06:12 PM

I hate the fact MM is gone.....but his absence isn't breaking this team at all. We have too many shooters for his absence to be a huge difference-maker. I'll be interested to see how we use the mini-MLE now. Miami fans won't love the move, but it was the smart move.

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 06:24 PM

you may only use the amnesty on players who signed prior to the old cba.

TeamSeattle
07-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Yea Knicks fans can't say **** in regards to the amnesty provision. Their team is part of one of the dumbest personnel moves of all time. Remember when they picked up Billups option, then proceeded to amnesty him like a week later so they could sign Chandler. If only they had declined his option and reserved their amnesty for one of the biggest wastes of money in the whole nba - Amare, you guys would be in a million times better financial situation than you are now. The amnesty clause was made exactly for guys like Amare, and yet it was used on a guy that could have been released for nothing just a week earlier. Talk about dumb! :laugh:

So since then who's franchise is in a better position at the present moment?

ztilzer31
07-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Could this mean a bigger role this year for Norris Cole?

A lot of people like this kid. I don't see Allen doing anything different than last year as far as his role.

I mean Mike miller hit some big shots, but he wasn't anywhere near consistent, and lol at his "amazing" finals. He had a really good couple of games, but he did what he did.. Shot 3's. He definitely upped his level of play, but it definitely wasn't worth the 40 million.

Like the move. I think they should throw Cole in at starting PG, and use Mario off the bench, but either way hopefully this turns into more playing time for Cole. Kind of expect him to break out this season.

justinnum1
07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
So since then who's franchise is in a better position at the present moment?

Neither team as constructed is a contender. Lakers are much closer to rebuilding than the Knicks so the lakers are in better position. Not to mention i don't think a team can win a championship with melo is the first option.

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 07:32 PM
an interesting Q&A here with miller

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-mike-miller-interview-s071613,0,745090.story

he sounds like hes not even thinking about retirement. i wonder where he'll end up. grizz could really use a shooter among other teams.

Da Knicks
07-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Lmao still at it huh

NYKnickFanatic
07-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Heat fans be like, who cares he's washed up.

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM

don't get it twisted most of us already miss him. the money just didn't make sense, but miller can definitely contribute to a team.

Slug3
07-16-2013, 09:04 PM

I think he has some left in him. When he gets hit man he can't miss. But he played very limited minutes for us and he looks like his body is always about to fall apart.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
lol at everyone saying this is a big deal.

just making something out of nothing once again.

JJ is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the NBA and he will demonstrate that next year.

NYKnickFanatic
07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
don't get it twisted most of us already miss him. the money just didn't make sense, but miller can definitely contribute to a team.

I think he has some left in him. When he gets hit man he can't miss. But he played very limited minutes for us and he looks like his body is always about to fall apart.

Just messing around, it's all banter.

sturm
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
I will miss him too when the next season begins. He is very humble guy. Better teammate. True professional veteran. Just health is concern for him. i wish very best for him.

OceanSpray
07-16-2013, 10:46 PM
It's a sad move but it was eventually going to happen. Sad day for Miami

MrfadeawayJB
07-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Come to Memphis

ATX
07-16-2013, 11:07 PM
I will miss him too when the next season begins. He is very humble guy. Better teammate. True professional veteran. Just health is concern for him. i wish very best for him.

Absolutely

ClevelandSpider
07-16-2013, 11:13 PM

You think that's funny, wait til LeBron leaves town next summer and watch American Airlines Arena become a ghost town faster than one of the many Olympic stadiums from the Beijing games!!! HAHAHA

ATX
07-16-2013, 11:18 PM
You think that's funny, wait til LeBron leaves town next summer and watch American Airlines Arena become a ghost town faster than one of the many Olympic stadiums from the Beijing games!!! HAHAHA

:violin:

MiamiLoyal926
07-17-2013, 12:18 AM

Stay classy my friend...

HiphopRelated
07-17-2013, 07:20 AM

He'll play his next game in Cleveland beforethe man in your sig, that's about it

kblo247
07-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Miller was crucial in the finals the past 2 years, but the Heat getting another big and hungry player is more crucial. They are trying to make 4 finals in a row which just hasn't been done in decades. Likewise they need to do well to keep the team together with everyone possibly entering fa in their big 3. I was a business move they had to pull. Hopefully Dalembert is their target

Now as for Miller, he can help a few teams and he would be amazing for OKC to fill in as scorer 3/4

tmacsc2
07-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah he's probably trying to find his face. God damn that dude is ugly!

Lmfao. Classic! Just imagined somebody saying that outloud. ROFL

GoneGuru
07-17-2013, 09:02 AM

you clearly dont know wtf you are talking about, jones is about as dangerous a three point threat there is.

dude isnt as versatile as miller, but he is still a quality shooter who doesn't need reps to get hot.

im ok with this, word is miller wanted a trade midseason and didnt like the fact he was in and out of the rotation.

still would prefer him over battier and jones and joel anthony is totally useless.

BklynKnicks3
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Lebron gets even more help how impressive. I dont know how the mvp does it with that bum roster

ryang
07-17-2013, 11:53 AM

And when he doesn't go back to Cleveland you can crawl back under your rock. Gotta be hard to e a Cleveland sports fan. Oh just so you know as long as The Heat put a competive team on the floor we will always show up. But if we had a team like your cavs we would save 300 to 400 dollars and just watch the game at home. At least then we could change the channel at the final buzzer instead of sitting in traffic , losing money when we know we suck.

colinskik
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
I thought Miller said he was going to retire after LAST year? Dude's body is so wrecked I can't imagine him playing that much longer.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 01:41 PM

i was begining to wonder if cavs fans had started to let go of their hate and anger...guess not! LOL

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-17-2013, 02:59 PM
And when he doesn't go back to Cleveland you can crawl back under your rock. Gotta be hard to e a Cleveland sports fan. Oh just so you know as long as The Heat put a competive team on the floor we will always show up. But if we had a team like your cavs we would save 300 to 400 dollars and just watch the game at home. At least then we could change the channel at the final buzzer instead of sitting in traffic , losing money when we know we suck.

Lmao

Or we could just do one of the other thousand of things to do in Miami.

Sucks to live in Cleveland...

ClevelandSpider
07-17-2013, 03:40 PM
If the prospect of LeBron leaving wasn't a distinct possibility, you wouldn't respond to my post, you'd just ignore it...the mere fact that you have responded, most being clearly upset enough to bash Cleveland, shows how somewhere deep down you guys know it's gonna happen and you don't want to think of it, you're scared to death of it...you guys got one year left, enjoy!

ATX
07-17-2013, 03:43 PM
If the prospect of LeBron leaving wasn't a distinct possibility, you wouldn't respond to my post, you'd just ignore it...the mere fact that you have responded, most being clearly upset enough to bash Cleveland, shows how somewhere deep down you guys know it's gonna happen and you don't want to think of it, you're scared to death of it...you guys got one year left, enjoy!

Ya, okay...Well at least we'll always have the rings.

Gibby23
07-17-2013, 04:14 PM

Even if he does leave, atleast he delivered the Heat and the Heat fans some championships, more than he left the Cavs with.

ryang
07-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Lmao. Yes it is poss he goes home. Likely? Na. If he does go home I won't be upset at him at all. Unlike you cav fans I appreciate what he's done for me and my city. If he does go home he's ********. I'd rather have Riley calling the shots if I'm him personally. But hey who knows. To bad your franchise doesn't have the ability to surround him with enough talent to win. Good luck with your dream of him returning.

kdspurman
07-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Oklahoma City has emerged as a frontrunner to sign free agent Mike Miller, league sources tell Y! Sports.

ATX
07-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Oklahoma City has emerged as a frontrunner to sign free agent Mike Miller, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Why anybody would voluntarily choose to go live in OKC is beyond me, contenders or not.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Why anybody would voluntarily choose to go live in OKC is beyond me, contenders or not.

Some people like those types of places some dont. I'm personally more of a city person but have friends who aren't. To each their own.

ryang
07-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Miller is from the Dakota's so any place that has a basketball team is probably a big city to him

SportsFanatic10
07-18-2013, 09:24 PM

as much as i'd hate to face him in a possible finals matchup, i hope this happens. miller was one of my favorite players on the heat and he deserved better then this. unfortunately the tax hit was just too much, so i hope he ends up in a good situation.

SportsFanatic10
07-18-2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-51e6fb5c/turbine/sfl-miami-heat-mike-miller-salute-s071813-001/525/249x525

gotta love the 1 shoe 3pter :clap:

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Crappy decision by the Heat. He gave them everything, and now that his body is gone to hell, they amnesty him. They only care about their star trio.

SteBO
07-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Crappy decision by the Heat. He gave them everything, and now that his body is gone to hell, they amnesty him. They only care about their star trio.
False. I didn't really like the move, but you're trying to apply your own sensibilities here and it's offbase. Miller was healthy most of last year, and played a minimal role all year long until the Finals when Battier was doing close to nothing. This was a cost-cutting move; new CBA doing it's work. It's unfortunate, but not a big deal.

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 10:00 AM
All I'm saying is: don't get used to role players in Miami. If they don't overproduce or accept minimal $, then you won't last there. Everything to cater to LBJ, Wade and Bosh.

ATX
07-19-2013, 10:39 AM

^Naivety at it's finest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/amnestying-him-miami-heat-thank-mike-miller-full-190539315.html

ATX
07-19-2013, 10:42 AM
What I also find beyond amusing, is how just about all you haters repeated at nausea about how washed up Miller was, and now that the Heat amnesty him for luxury tax reasons...It's now, "Oh my, the Heat really F'ed up." The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me around here.

kdspurman
07-19-2013, 10:49 AM

lol... I've never been so I can't give an honest opinion on it.

as much as i'd hate to face him in a possible finals matchup, i hope this happens. miller was one of my favorite players on the heat and he deserved better then this. unfortunately the tax hit was just too much, so i hope he ends up in a good situation.

I actually thought the Grizz made a lot of sense for him, but I have seen OKC, Spurs, Grizz, & Rockets as potential suitors, though OKC were the front runners

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not saying production-wise he was a big fish for them, but the Heat could have had some courtesy.

DitchDat
07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Doesn't change anything. This is PR.

SportsFanatic10
07-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not saying production-wise he was a big fish for them, but the Heat could have had some courtesy.

dude you have no clue what you're talking about, all you're doing is trying to take a shot at the heat. miller was signed before the new CBA. after the lockout everyone even miller knew right away that this was probably going to have to happen since he was the 4th highest paid player on the team. miller has helped us out in big moments and been a great locker room presence that will be truly missed, but his tax hit was 40 million over the next two seasons. while it would of been great if arison stepped up and paid that like riley wanted him to, you can hardly blame him for balking at a tax bill like that for a role player. the heat could of amnestied him last season but didn't, they didn't want to do this at all, but it just got to the point where the increasing tax hits were too ridiculous to ignore.

aTinyPanda
07-19-2013, 11:24 AM
What I also find beyond amusing, is how just about all you haters repeated at nausea about how washed up Miller was, and now that the Heat amnesty him for luxury tax reasons...It's now, "Oh my, the Heat really F'ed up." The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me around here.

I do agree with this sentiment. Sooo many people were saying his body just couldn't handle an NBA load last year and he should be dealt with. Now a lot of people are flipping. Although it's hard to tell what % of that is Heat fans, and what is outside opinion.

Also... it's "ad nauseam" :hide:

Bmoss12
07-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I do agree with this sentiment. Sooo many people were saying his body just couldn't handle an NBA load last year and he should be dealt with. Now a lot of people are flipping. Although it's hard to tell what % of that is Heat fans, and what is outside opinion.

Also... it's "ad nauseam" :hide:

When he is making Jeff Teague money, Monta Eliis money the ROI is very low. Keeping the money to potentially sign someone younger with the same skill set seems more reasonable. They have been trying to move him for the last two years with no buyers.

aTinyPanda
07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
When he is making Jeff Teague money, Monta Eliis money the ROI is very low. Keeping the money to potentially sign someone younger with the same skill set seems more reasonable. They have been trying to move him for the last two years with no buyers.

Right. I was agreeing with ATX.