PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Marshall on the trade block

rockbottom2010
07-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 4m
Report: Suns put Kendall Marshall on the trade block http://dlvr.it/3fyMhr
View summary
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/15/report-suns-put-kendall-marshall-on-the-trade-block/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deception
07-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Already?

shep33
07-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Why don't they just trade Dragic?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM
He was never that good. I'll give you a future 2nd for him though.

KnickaBocka.44
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM

Probably because he's their starting point guard and still young.

KnickaBocka.44
07-16-2013, 01:30 AM
I'd trade a late first for Marshall and hope he pans out. Unfortunately the Knicks don't have any of those to trade.

UPRock
07-16-2013, 01:32 AM
That kid can be good, I can see Milwaukee or Orlando making a run for him.

shep33
07-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Probably because he's their starting point guard and still young.

He's good, but they're clearly in rebuild mode. They should go after another pick. They are easily the worst team out west, and that's actually a good thing because they'll get Wiggins, Parker etc.

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 01:36 AM

Probably cause he's good and on a good contract.

Stunner
07-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Lakers should trade either Blake or Meeks for him , can learn a lot from Nash .

shep33
07-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Probably cause he's good and on a good contract.

With Bledsoe on board, and a chance at the #1 pick, I'd send Dragic to another 1st rounder plus filler. He's a very good player, I just don't see Bledsoe and Dragic mixing well though. Two quality guards, but Bledsoe should be the future

5ass
07-16-2013, 01:47 AM
With Bledsoe on board, and a chance at the #1 pick, I'd send Dragic to another 1st rounder plus filler. He's a very good player, I just don't see Bledsoe and Dragic mixing well though. Two quality guards, but Bledsoe should be the future

I'd wait to see what Dragic and Bledsoe can do together on the court first.

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 01:48 AM

Dragic is being moved to SG and Bledsoe will be PG. Kinda like the old Kevin Johnson-Jeff Hornacek back court the Suns used to run when we were running teams out of the building.

The Suns desperately need another player who can create their own shot and create for others and they will have two with Bledsoe and Dragic. The Suns FO and coaches are looking very forward to seeing this new back court work too.

Bledsoe isn't a true PG and isn't a complete playmaker yet so Dragic should help him with the transition.

And the Suns will still be a bottom 3 team in the NBA. The lack of spacing on this team will lose us a lot of games.

Stunner
Dragic is starting at the 2 , he's a nice scorer ala a shorter Manu . Bledsoe will handle the PG duties , the lesser scorer .

5ass
I wouldnt mind if Orlando jumped on this deal. I dont know what they want back, all we have to offer is Afflalo.

shep33
07-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Dragic is being moved to SG and Bledsoe will be PG. Kinda like the old Kevin Johnson-Jeff Hornacek back court the Suns used to run when we were running teams out of the building.

The Suns desperately need another player who can create their own shot and create for others and they will have two with Bledsoe and Dragic. The Suns FO and coaches are looking very forward to seeing this new back court work too.

Bledsoe isn't a true PG and isn't a complete playmaker yet so Dragic should help him with the transition.

And the Suns will still be a bottom 3 team in the NBA. The lack of spacing on this team will lose us a lot of games.

Oh wow. I didn't know about that. That'll be fun to watch offensively. Should be pretty high paced. Well if that's the case then yeah, makes more sense

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-16-2013, 01:51 AM
I wouldnt mind if Orlando jumped on this deal. I dont know what they want back, all we have to offer is Afflalo.

I think a few seconds could do it or a future protected first. I think he's got plenty of potential, he just needs time to polish up his game and actually develop a shot.

5ass
07-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Bledsoe
Dragic
Afflalo
Morris twins
Gortat/Len

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 01:58 AM
Oh wow. I didn't know about that. That'll be fun to watch offensively. Should be pretty high paced. Well if that's the case then yeah, makes more sense
Yea the Suns wanna go back to running a fast paced system That's all that they have been saying during the off season lol.

I think a few seconds could do it or a future protected first. I think he's for plenty of potential, he just needs time to polish up his game and actually develop a shot.

Yea I would take all the 2nd rd picks that Orlando has in the next 3-5 years for Marshall. We have no need for Afflalo and Orlando isn't giving us a first and with protection its worthless cause Orlando is a team, like us, that's gonna be very bad for a while so we won't get that 1st anyways.

5ass
07-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Yea the Suns wanna go back to running a fast paced system That's all that they have been saying during the off season lol.

Yea I would take all the 2nd rd picks that Orlando has in the next 3-5 years for Marshall. We have no need for Afflalo and Orlando isn't giving us a first and with protection its worthless cause Orlando is a team, like us, that's gonna be very bad for a while so we won't get that 1st anyways.

We have Andrew Nicholson too, but I'm not sure I would trade him for Marshall. Right now he's a better NBA player.
Edit: I probably would.

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 02:11 AM
We have Andrew Nicholson too, but I'm not sure I would trade him for Marshall. Right now he's a better NBA player.
Edit: I probably would.
I would love Nicholson on the Suns. Him and maybe a 2nd rd pick or two for Marshall and deal!

I was impressed with him in their game against the Suns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTsXzRRTUM&feature=player_embedded#at=86

rockbottom2010
07-16-2013, 07:18 AM
marshall will definitely be in another rebuilding team.....

Vinylman
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Trade the Conditional Laker #1 in 2017

GMpunk
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
the Lakers have the 2019 n 2021 draft picks available.... maybe the Lakers could work out something for Kendall Marshall.....

5ass
07-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I would love Nicholson on the Suns. Him and maybe a 2nd rd pick or two for Marshall and deal!

I was impressed with him in their game against the Suns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTsXzRRTUM&feature=player_embedded#at=86

I wouldnt throw in a 2nd round pick. I'm not even sure I'd do Nicholson for Marshall straight up. I just really like Nicholson's midrange game.

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
the Lakers have the 2019 n 2021 draft picks available.... maybe the Lakers could work out something for Kendall Marshall.....
Lol I really hope the Suns aren't interested in stacking up draft picks for 10 years from now.

TheNumber37
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
he should go to the pelicans to fill out their guard rotation.

Joker117
07-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Knicks should look into this , I know we don't have much but we have picks at certain points and maybe if we keep talking ..by the trade deadline we might have someone we can afford to trade for Marshall .. Idk

kblo247
07-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Makes sense. They got a whole dynamic Bibby/Jackson, Nash/NVE thing going with Bledsoe and Dragic. They could just sell him to a team like the Bucks

King_melo
07-17-2013, 02:57 AM
maann totally forgot about this guy. I remember he was the leader on that Tar heels squad, even with Barnes on it. His def. a pure pg. But his inability to shoot and lack of athleticism has always been his weakness. He still got potential though to be a decent back up in the right situation. But unless his name is Rando or Rubio, he has to work on that J!

Branwegner84
07-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Even though they already have decent depth, personally I think the Pistons should try to trade for him.

MonroeFAN
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
^agree

kblo247
07-17-2013, 03:11 PM
I wish he went to Denver and got groomed by Andre Miller. H lacks that extra gear or pop but a miller could teach him how to make it in the league