PDA

View Full Version : Which team will have the biggest turnaround?

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2013, 09:41 PM
All the big name free agents have signed. A major trade could still happen, but seems unlikely at this point (though there may be some contract extensions before the season starts that are too rich for a given team who then makes a trade: see OKC and Harden last year).

So, though some great role players could still prove to make a difference, I don't think any remaining free agents are going to help improve a team by any more than 2-5 games.

So... consider who picked up who in the draft and via free agency, who do you think will have the biggest turn around this year?

And yes, by biggest turnaround I mean biggest jump in terms of regular season wins.

Hawkeye15
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Wolves simply due to health.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Do you mean an increase in number of regular season wins?

Then the Wolves and Wizards.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Wolves simply due to health.

haha that's what I said last year in response to threads saying "HOW DOES adding JOE JOHNSON make them win 20 more games??" How many more games did we win? 25.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
If its increase in number of regular season wins, the Bulls and Cavs should be up there in terms of huge improvement

JNA17
07-15-2013, 10:03 PM
haha that's what I said last year in response to threads saying "HOW DOES adding JOE JOHNSON make them win 20 more games??" How many more games did we win? 25.

I don't think Joe Johnson was the sole reason for that improvement. XD

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I don't think Joe Johnson was the sole reason for that improvement. XD

That's what he was saying... he suggested that there would be a 20 game improvement and others said: WIll Joe Johnson make that much of an improvement and he was saying, like Hawkeye wiht Minny, that the being healthy will cause the improvement.

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm going with Detroit. I don't actually think that the Josh Smith signing is that big a deal, but I hope that Monroe will continue to develop and that Drummond gets starting minutes and starts shooting FTs at LEAST as well as J-Smoove (which isn;t asking much lol). But the SGs they picked up via the draft and Europe look promising, so if Billups can mentor Knight into become a solid play-making point guard, I think this team can win 45+ games, maybe even 50.

That Cavs are up there to, as well as Minny... the Bulls, because they did so well last year, I don't think they have the room to have a 15-20 game improvement, though it is possible.

Top picks are Detroit, Minny and Cleveland, in that order for me, though I think all three teams will see marked improvements, especially Cleveland is Anderson-V and Bynum are healthy... how you going to get a rebound with those two guys on the floor?

ATX
07-15-2013, 10:17 PM
I like the Pelicans to do much better. Added Jrue and T Evans, coupled with the growth of A Davis and a healthy E Gordon. Cavs will do MUCH better too imo. Could certainly go with the Wolves too.

Jtirado16
07-15-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm gonna go with Cavs! Really liked what they did thia offseason

Gators123
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
With Monroe and Drummond improving, and getting an all-star caliber player in Josh Smith, and adding guys like Billups, Caldwell-Pope, and Luigi Datome (Italian league MVP, for what its worth..) We should be a lot better.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 10:39 PM
With Monroe and Drummond improving, and getting an all-star caliber player in Josh Smith, and adding guys like Billups, Caldwell-Pope, and Luigi Datome (Italian league MVP, for what its worth..) We should be a lot better.

was going to reply to JasonJohnHorn's Detroit prediction with this player. 6'9'' Luigi that shoots 43% from 3. Although that may not translate here, imagine the marketing opportunity for an athlete named Luigi in a major professional sport haha.

SeoulBeatz
07-15-2013, 10:42 PM
with or without bynum, i see Cleveland being the 5th seed in the East this year.

Jarvo
07-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Cavs but it all comes down to Bynum and if his head is right.

bOOyah916
07-16-2013, 12:22 AM
another vote for the cavs. Jack is gonna make a big difference for them.

aTinyPanda
07-16-2013, 12:37 AM
This is a tough one. A lot of bottom feeders improved significantly. Like Hawk said.. the Wolves should improve dramatically just because they'll be healthy. Cavs should be in serious playoff contention. My (not so brave) sleeper pick is the Pelicans. I really really like their roster. Just depends on how they come together.

Rain City
07-16-2013, 12:48 AM
i see DET being alot better. i really like they have monroe and drummond could be devastating.

RipCity32
07-16-2013, 12:52 AM
I see Drummond taking a big leap this year.He seems to be absorbing and learning things quickly and his defense is already elite.Just as a example look at his summer league jump from last year to this year.(I know it's just summer league but still).

Summer league

Year 1- 7.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg

Year 2- 15.5 ppg, 14.8 rpg, 2.5 stls, 2.0 blks

Deception
07-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Cavs will rely on how Anthony Bennett pans out, and if Bynum stays healthy, essentially, their an 8th or 9th seed, if things work out with those two players, they can be seeing 6th seed.

But I went with the Pistons. Maxiell is gone and can't take minutes away from Drummond, Calderon is gone and I think this is Knight's time to shine as a PG (Not saying he's going to be a superstar).

Rockice_8
07-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm torn between the Cavs, Pelicans and Wolves.

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Wolves, Wizards, or Cavaliers.

Oefarmy2005
07-16-2013, 08:48 AM
It's between Charlotte and Cleveland, both improved a lot.

aTinyPanda
07-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Assuming we're talking about the biggest turnaround = increased regular season wins

Do people in this thread that are voting for Brooklyn honestly believe they can win 70+ games? Because that's what it will take to match some of these other team's potential 20 game turnarounds. It's not like they had a bad season last year.

DanG
07-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Portland. They have quietly built a decent team.

Lillard/Watson
Matthews/McCollum/Barton
Batum/Wright
Aldridge/Robinson
Lopez/Leonard

I think they will make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Arch Stanton
07-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Cavs if they can stay healthy. Detroit and New Orleans also.

FYL_McVeezy
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll bite and say that the Cavs will make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed...

NYKnickFanatic
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't agree with the playoff teams being there, unless they turn around and go the opposite direction.

But I went with the Pelicans here. They added some nice solid pieces.

EDIT: I forgot all about the ****ing Cavs. Cavs, Pelicans or Pistons. All nice choices.

kdspurman
07-16-2013, 02:57 PM
I'd say Cavs.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Portland. They have quietly built a decent team.

Lillard/Watson
Matthews/McCollum/Barton
Batum/Wright
Aldridge/Robinson
Lopez/Leonard

I think they will make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Yeah they were in the hunt before the Lakers made push at the end of the season. IMO Lopez is an upgrade over Hickson for his defense and size. This signing (along with Leanord's improvement) will allow Aldridge to not have to play like the biggest player on the team at times. Same goes for the new Robinson addition. They now have to traditional PF's and C's. Dorrell Wright was a big pick up as well. The starters played an incredible number of minutes last year getting them A LOT of experience. The upgraded bench should help a lot. I have them and the Pelicans (if chemistry clicks) battling for that 8 seed.

flgatorsandjags
07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Charlotte

MonroeFAN
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
with or without bynum, i see Cleveland being the 5th seed in the East this year.

With a healthy Irving? That's a big if.

I'll be a homer and take Detroit. I think we're going to blow some teams out of the water this season with our defense. With Drummond more than likely taking on a starting role, Monroe ever improving, Smith, another year for Knight, a new coach and the rooks... I think we will be a nice team to watch this season.

Vinny642
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
New Orleans OBVIOUSLY

Detroit and the Cavs stepped up mightily too

Munkeysuit
07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Utah Jazz...remember I said this.

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 09:21 PM
New Orleans OBVIOUSLY

Detroit and the Cavs stepped up mightily too

Ahaha No. NO will still not be in the playoffs.