PDA

View Full Version : What NBA matchups are you most excited to see this season? (write a bit about them)

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I realize there loads of other obvious story lines out there but I wrote down a few that are my personal favorites and some that may be overlooked.

Go ahead and write about your own favorite teams but please write more than just the team names. It's kind of obvious Spurs vs Heat is good game... what would be the NEW storylines though?

Knicks vs Nets:

Don't even have to talk about basketball. Let's just state some personalities (and emotion) involved:
Pierce, Garnett, Evans vs JR Smith, Melo, MWP. Can you IMAGINE how entertaining a fight would be between these two teams? Also, the teams are both pretty good with new acquisitions. Both battling Chicago/Indy to get out of the 4th seed in order to not play the Heat in the 2nd round.

Nets vs Clippers

Two teams with a lot of talent. KG and Pierce play against Doc Rivers for the first time. Very different offensive philosophies (slow/half-court vs up tempo/fastbreak).

Also Nets vs any contending team but I won't bore you non-Nets fans with that haha

Cavs vs Rockets:

If Bynum is healthy, that game should be pure offensive entertainment with Kyrie vs Harden and Bynum vs Howard

Heat vs Cavs

The Cavaliers played very well against the Heat at home. With an improved roster (Jarett Jack, Earl Clark, Bynum, Anthony Bennet) and a year of experience, these games should be even more entertaining

Warriors vs Thunder

Curry vs Westbrook. Durant vs Iggy. Lee/Bogut vs Ibaka/Perkins. Two young teams that are already very good but still on the rise. Could have some double/triple overtime games.

TheThrill
07-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Knicks Nets will prob get the most views and popularity. Bragging rights in this game. New look Nets will be interesting this year.

ChiSox219
07-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Bulls-Heat
Rockets-Warriors
Clippers-Wolves

TrueFan420
07-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Warriors vs Rockets... Just cause all the ish talking on here before the offseason finished and a ball bounced. Should be a good game. Curry vs harden iggy's d vs harden Bogut vs Howard Barnes or thompson vs parsons lee vs whoever the flip asik for

TrueFan420
07-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Bulls-Heat
Rockets-Warriors
Clippers-Wolves

Why clips vs wolves

sportsfan222
07-15-2013, 05:00 PM
im excited for every bulls matchup to see derrick rose come back.

whether its bulls heat, where the bulls will show that a healthy team they are number 1 in the conference, bulls clippers, where the people who still think chris paul is better than rose will get a wake up call, bulls nets, just so the nets fans can face reality that while they may have improved, they are nowhere near a championship team, bullls pacers, people think the pacers are the team to beat now with that playoff run, but reality will hit them in the face when they face a healthy rose and the bulls, that they still got ways to go. etc.

warriors thunder should be fun, rockets at lakers should be interesting, all in all, this season should be one of the more exciting ones in recent memory barring any devastating injuries to big stars.

Jtirado16
07-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Bulls vs Heat- This one is all about if the Bulls can beat the Heat with Rose

Lakers vs Rockets- Kobe Vs Dwight. Should be a fun one to watch.

Nets vs Heat. Can the Nets actually compete with this new team.

Warriors vs Rockets- Teams that made huge improvements. See how they pan out.

Spurs vs Heat- Rematch of the finals are always fun

2-ONE-5
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Sixers vs. Celtics to see who tanks harder.
Sixers vs. Pelicans will be weird to play against Jrue

Thunder vs Grizz for obvious reasons
Rockets vs Warriors bcuz it will be first to 150

ChiSox219
07-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Why clips vs wolves

Rubio vs CP3
Blake vs Pek
KLove doing KLove things (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLS0t6wzcs)

CubsBullsBucs
07-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Rockets @ Lakers
Dwight returning to LA. Kobe, Pau & Nash are going to have a great year. I believe that they will have a better record than last year now that Dwight is gone and simply because they will enjoy the being the underdogs. Hopefully Odom goes back to the Lakers, that'd be cool to see.
Nets @ Knicks
Not a fan of the Brooklyn atmosphere at Barclay's. KG, PP & Reggie Evans vs. MWP, Melo & Chandler is entertaining enough. I think this will be our first round 4 vs. 5 match up this year. Kidd has already stated hes going to rest his guys a lot because the playoffs are all that matters. New York will probably do the same as well since they are older. Plus I dont think they are better than Indy or Chicago.
Pacers, Heat, or Clippers @ Bulls
Indy and Miami fans think they can beat a healthy Bulls team. Will love to see the Bulls take down both of these teams. Indy is going to be good for a long time, but a healthy core of Rose-Butler-Deng-Boozer-Noah cant be beat. Keep in mind healthy, but should be fun to shut those fans up. Will also be fun when D Rose dominates CP3 and finally shuts everyone up that CP3 is better than D Rose.
Nets @ Celtics
Not much needs to be said here. Two Celtics Hall of Famers returning to Boston. Should be an incredible ovation. No way that Boston crowd Boos either player, even when they score.

Other than that I am excited to see Billups' return to Detroit, Doc's return to Boston, and MWP's return to LA

ManRam
07-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Magic v Sixers
Magic v Suns
Magic v Celtics

and, for some 2012-2013 nostalgia: Magic v Bobcats

Biggest games of the year for us

Chronz
07-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Why clips vs wolves

Those are always fun IMO.

Dade County
07-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Nets vs Pacers, Bulls & Knicks (1st meetings only)

I believe that the Nets are a playoff team, so I don't see them giving their all to have the best record in the east. But I do see them, making a statement to the top teams in the East.

HEAT vs Warriors, OKC, Spurs, Cav's, Clips, Houston... exciting games.

Chromehounds
07-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Warriors vs Pacers
Warriors vs Spurs
Warriors vs Nuggets
Warriors vs Rockets

In order of importance from top to bottom.

Slug3
07-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Rockets @ Lakers
Dwight returning to LA. Kobe, Pau & Nash are going to have a great year. I believe that they will have a better record than last year now that Dwight is gone and simply because they will enjoy the being the underdogs. Hopefully Odom goes back to the Lakers, that'd be cool to see.
Nets @ Knicks
Not a fan of the Brooklyn atmosphere at Barclay's. KG, PP & Reggie Evans vs. MWP, Melo & Chandler is entertaining enough. I think this will be our first round 4 vs. 5 match up this year. Kidd has already stated hes going to rest his guys a lot because the playoffs are all that matters. New York will probably do the same as well since they are older. Plus I dont think they are better than Indy or Chicago.
Indy and Miami fans think they can beat a healthy Bulls team. Will love to see the Bulls take down both of these teams. Indy is going to be good for a long time, but a healthy core of Rose-Butler-Deng-Boozer-Noah cant be beat. Keep in mind healthy, but should be fun to shut those fans up. Will also be fun when D Rose dominates CP3 and finally shuts everyone up that CP3 is better than D Rose.
Nets @ Celtics
Not much needs to be said here. Two Celtics Hall of Famers returning to Boston. Should be an incredible ovation. No way that Boston crowd Boos either player, even when they score.

Other than that I am excited to see Billups' return to Detroit, Doc's return to Boston, and MWP's return to LA

The Bulls were healthy 3 years ago against the Heat.

Dade County
07-15-2013, 05:53 PM

Don't get sucked in.

Ryan328
07-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Rockets @ Lakers- Obvious reasons here. Dwight returns to LA to face off against Kobe.

Nets @ Celtics--- Will be interesting to see Pierce in another uniform and playing against Boston. Personally, I thought he'd be a Celtic for life.

Pacers @ Heat--- For some reason I think this happening opening night. I wanna see how Indy comes out

Rockets v Thunder---Good series last year.

Bulls v Heat--- Bulls with Rose. Can they finally get by Miami this year. Little foreshadowing to my picks that will be official come October, I see this as the ECF....With Chicago...maybe winning....stay tuned

Heat @ Cavs---LBJ back to Cleveland. Will he get booed or will people want him to come back next summer?

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm impartial to young, up-and-coming teams, so I'm excited for my Blazers, seeing if they can get into the playoffs in the west.

Ryan328
07-15-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm impartial to young, up-and-coming teams, so I'm excited for my Blazers, seeing if they can get into the playoffs in the west.

I think they get in as a 7 or 8 seed.

5ass
07-15-2013, 06:03 PM

I cant wait to see McCollum and Lillard playing together.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 06:11 PM
i watch lots of non heat games, but i watch every single heat game and mostly only get really pumped up when my team is involved, so these are some of mine for this season...

heat/nets - highly anticipated matchup with the new look nets
heat/rockets - first time playing the new harden/dwight duo
heat/warriors - like their fast paced high scoring offense
heat/cavs - cavs continue to improve and because of lebron it's always intense
heat/spurs - finals rematch
heat/bulls - now that rose is back
heat/thunder - finals rematch
heat/pacers - turning into a bit of a rivalry to replace the celtics/heat one that is dying off since now they're no longer contenders

sportsfan222
07-15-2013, 06:19 PM

true, but the bulls are a better team now than they were 3 years ago when healthy.

also, although the heat did win in 5, the bulls easily could have won that series had they not collapsed in the 4th qtr of game 2, which would have given them a 2-0 lead.

also, if boozer even played like a good bench player and not a D league scrub, that would have helped probably.

it is what it is though, but i feel more confident than ever that a healthy bulls team will beat the heat.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
true, but the bulls are a better team now than they were 3 years ago when healthy.

also, although the heat did win in 5, the bulls easily could have won that series had they not collapsed in the 4th qtr of game 2, which would have given them a 2-0 lead.

also, if boozer even played like a good bench player and not a D league scrub, that would have helped probably.

it is what it is though, but i feel more confident than ever that a healthy bulls team will beat the heat.

can't wait to find out. the east is gonna be one hell of a ride come this years playoffs. between the heat/pacers/bulls/nets there are bound to be some great battles and tight series.

elledaddy
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Bulls( Rose) - Wash(Wall)
Wash( Wall) - OKC( Westbrook)
Suns( Bledsoe) - LAC( CP3)
Clev - Hou
Knicks - OKC,LAC,Nets,GS,DEN( in Den), Ind( in Indy)

sportsfan222
07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
can't wait to find out. the east is gonna be one hell of a ride come this years playoffs. between the heat/pacers/bulls/nets there are bound to be some great battles and tight series.

deff going to be exciting. this is by far the best the east has looked on paper in years.

you got the heat, bulls, pacers, nets, knicks, as your top 5, i dont know if that will be the order, maybe id flip flop bulls and heat because the bulls tend to usually be the better regular season team, but either way, barring injury that should be your top 5.

then we got teams this year who have done nothing the past few years such as the cavs, wizards, and even the pistons can all maybe surprise a bit and grab a playoff spot.

im interested to see the wizards, because when wall came back they started playing really well, but the question is can they do it for an entire season?

no reason why a team like the wizards can not get the 7th or 8th seed. playoff teams from the past like the hawks, celtics, bucks will prob not make the playoffs this season.

im just so excited to watch derrick rose again, its been way too long.

archdevil84
07-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Heat vs OKC. Lebron vs Durant when Bron is in his true top. I'm curious to see how Durant competes against him. Heat - Pacers is gonne be great this year aswell i hope.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 08:20 PM
deff going to be exciting. this is by far the best the east has looked on paper in years.

you got the heat, bulls, pacers, nets, knicks, as your top 5, i dont know if that will be the order, maybe id flip flop bulls and heat because the bulls tend to usually be the better regular season team, but either way, barring injury that should be your top 5.

then we got teams this year who have done nothing the past few years such as the cavs, wizards, and even the pistons can all maybe surprise a bit and grab a playoff spot.

im interested to see the wizards, because when wall came back they started playing really well, but the question is can they do it for an entire season?

no reason why a team like the wizards can not get the 7th or 8th seed. playoff teams from the past like the hawks, celtics, bucks will prob not make the playoffs this season.

im just so excited to watch derrick rose again, its been way too long.

i hate the bulls, but even i agree...been way too long, the league needs more players like rose for sure.

Riodagoat
07-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Rockets @ Lakers
Nets @ Knicks
Nets @ Celtics

Because the Heat hasn't beaten the Bulls when they were healthy right? Like 3 years ago right?

sportsfan222
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
i hate the bulls, but even i agree...been way too long, the league needs more players like rose for sure.

yup, deff. rose is imo the most exciting player to watch when fully healthy in the nba, and a top 3 player.

the league was not the same without him. lets just hope for the sake of bull fans like myself, and more so for the sport of the nba that rose comes back 110 percent and is better than ever, and does not become a penny hardaway, so much talent but remembered more for his injuries than his play.

3RDASYSTEM
07-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Rockets @ Lakers
Nets @ Knicks
Nets @ Celtics

So whats the bigger so called stage? the reg. or playoff season?

you mean to tell me you were sleeping under a rock when MIAMI damn near swept out the nba mvp ROSE led BULLS team in 11' ECF? didn't it go 4-1 MIAMI? Now INDY is a whole different talk, more to what you were saying

NYMetros
07-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Thunder-Rockets
Thunder-Spurs
Spurs-Rockets
Warriors-Spurs
Warriors-Thunder
Warriors-Rockets
Nuggets-Warriors
Heat-Nets
Heat-Bulls
Heat-Pacers
Pacers-Bulls
Bulls-Nets
Knicks-Nets
Cavs-Hawks
Knicks-Hawks
Nets-Hawks
Cavs-Nets
Cavs-Pacers
:shrug:

smiddy012
07-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Bulls fans are being too cocky. We probably won't even be healthy come playoffs.

Hawkeye15
07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Clips versus Wolves so Chronz and I can argue

smiddy012
07-15-2013, 09:35 PM
-

Cal827
07-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Wolves and Clippers so Chronz and Hawkeye can argue

Raptors and Pistons, so I can bait Piston fans over who has the better young Center

Lakers vs Houston, so some of the annoying Laker "fans" who disgrace the actual fanbase take a trip to the village

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Thunder-Rockets
Thunder-Spurs
Spurs-Rockets
Warriors-Spurs
Warriors-Thunder
Warriors-Rockets
Nuggets-Warriors
Heat-Nets
Heat-Bulls
Heat-Pacers
Pacers-Bulls
Bulls-Nets
Knicks-Nets
Cavs-Hawks
Knicks-Hawks
Nets-Hawks
Cavs-Nets
Cavs-Pacers
:shrug:

This is exactly what I didn't want to read hahaha.

Monta is beast
07-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Warriors vs Clippers
Warriors vs Rockets

Munkeysuit
07-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Miami Heat vs Brooklyn Nets
Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs
Houston Rockets vs Los Angeles Lakers
Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder
Houston Rockets vs Los Angeles Clippers
Brooklyn Nets vs New York Knicks
Brooklyn Nets vs Indiana Pacers
Brooklyn Nets vs Chicago Bulls
Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics (mainly for the atmosphere)

-Playoff Series-
Houston Rockets vs Los Angeles Lakers
Golden State Warriors vs Oklahoma City Thunder
Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers
Brooklyn Nets vs New York Knicks

-Game of the year-
Brooklyn Nets @ New York knicks

sportsfan222
07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
So whats the bigger so called stage? the reg. or playoff season?

you mean to tell me you were sleeping under a rock when MIAMI damn near swept out the nba mvp ROSE led BULLS team in 11' ECF? didn't it go 4-1 MIAMI? Now INDY is a whole different talk, more to what you were saying
yes miami did win the series 4-1 overall, but to say they almost damn near swept them is making the series out to be like it was all miami.

you do realize that the bulls blew the heat out in game 1, and in game 2 also had a significant lead and choked in the 4th qtr. the bulls were so close to going up 2-0.

also, the bulls got nothing from boozer, and rose was the only real threat for the bulls, and despite rose going 1 on 3 vs wade james and bosh, the bulls played a very competitive series vs the heat.

if the bulls and heat meet this season, expect a different result than in the 2011 eastern conference finals.

Bostonjorge
07-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Lakers vs Miami

Lebron vs kobe enough said

houstonfan
07-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Rockets and Warriors. Those two teams started to HATE each other last year. Plus they will both be fighting for 3/4 in the west.

lol, please
07-16-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm excited to watch the Dubs sweep the Lakers and Rockets during the regular season.

aTinyPanda
07-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Heat v Pacers
- Obvious reasons

Rockets v Lakers
- Again

Rockets v OKC
- Want to see KD and RW's reaction when they get blown out in the regular season by good buddy James and the new look squad.

Wolves v OKC
- Had some great games last 2 seasons. Always fun to watch.

NYK v BK
- again, obvious.

Pelicans vs anyone
- Just want to see them in their sweet new jerseys.

sunsfan88
07-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Warriors vs Rockets

The two fan bases have been going at war on PSD and the winner of this series will get trash talking rights.

IKnowHoops
07-16-2013, 03:09 AM
Heat vs Nets. Want to see if the nets are for real. Especially if the Heat get Oden.

RiceOnTheRun
07-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Knicks v Nets
Because come on. If you're a New Yorker, you need to pick one side or another. New Yorkers are the biggest *******s in the world and this is just fuel for us. I think it's important to have mutual respect of the strength of both teams, but trashtalking should be encouraged between the two. It's rare to see two New York teams at this level at the same time. If by some chance there's a playoff series between the two, you know there's going to be some **** going down at almost every local bar. On that note, **** the Nets, go Knicks.

Heat v Bulls
Personally, I think Derrick Rose is a great player. Just my opinion, but he is a bit overhyped because of the MVP thing and all, but undoubtedly a top-5 point guard in the league if he recovers to his previous self. I don't think he will be able to stop the Heat at this point, but I would throughly enjoy seeing him try and claim his spot among the Eastern conference. Especially with young rising PGs in Kyrie and Wall, he needs to assert his dominance as the best in the East. There's no better way than leading his team against the Heat. The Bulls have been one of the most injury prone teams in the league and a healthy Bulls vs the Heat should be a very entertaining matchup.

Knicks vs Pacers
A chance at revenge for last year? Yes please. Pacers are without a doubt, the team for us to beat this year. They shut us down good last year (even though I think the huge free throw disparity had something to do with it) and this is our chance to show our improvement as a team. This can either end up in a huge victory for the Knicks or embarrass us to the ends of the earth. Also, **** you Copeland.

Others
Rockets v Lakers
Clippers v Lakers
Rockets v OKC
Heat v Spurs

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Nets vs Knicks
Bulls vs Heat
Warriors vs Rockets
Lakers vs Rockets
Celtics vs Clippers
Celtics vs Nets
Cavs vs Heat
Pelicans vs everyone lol

smiddy012
07-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Between the Heat, Pacers, Bulls, Nets, & Knicks, I'm going to be interested just to see how the seeding plays out. Will probably be most competitive it's been in the East in a while.

TheMagicAct24
07-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Nets vs Knicks
Thunder vs Rockets
Thunder vs Heat
Thunder vs Warriors
Thunder vs Clippers
Thunder vs Bulls
Heat vs Knicks
Heat vs Nets
Heat vs Clippers
Heat vs Bulls
Warriors vs Spurs
Spurs vs Heat
Pacers vs Heat
Rockets @ Lakers
Nuggets vs Warriors
Grizzlies vs Thunder
Grizzlies vs Heat
Knicks vs Thunder
Knicks @ Nuggets
Spurs vs Rockets
Spurs vs Mavericks
Rockets @ Magic
Heat @ Cavs
Clippers vs Grizzlies
Celtics vs Nets
Pacers vs Bulls
Wizards vs Bulls

boboo73
07-16-2013, 08:36 AM

I guess you forgot Rose was playing on a sprained ankle that he injured during play versus the pacers and would walk around in a walking boot outside of the games...#oops

BleedingGreen9
07-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Celtics vs anyone

Nets vs Clips

anyone vs anyone just ready for some ball

BleedingGreen9
07-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Celtics vs anyone

Nets vs Clips

boboo73
07-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Celtics vs anyone

Nets vs Clips

Thats the bottom line!

Delrayhc
07-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Nets / Knicks .... Big apple rivalry , both good teams in the same season

Nets / Clippers ..... Both loaded ( plus doc , k.g , pierce )and hopefully develop a new east west rivalry

Nets / Heat ..... See how the Nets stack up

Rockets / Lakers ..... See who gets the last laugh as the rest of us ALL laugh

Sacramento / Sacramento ..... They will be playing with themselves

JLynn943
07-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Kings vs Warriors - almost every time they play each other it's an incredibly entertaining, close game

Kings vs Pelicans - basically because of the Vasquez/Tyreke trade