PDA

View Full Version : MWP reaches agreement with Knicks

Pages : [1] 2 3

LTBaByyy
07-14-2013, 05:20 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Metta World Peace has cleared waivers and become a free agent, league source tells Y! Sports.

Knicks and Clippers are at the top of his list

bowdown27
07-14-2013, 05:21 PM
He'll be a Knick. I'm not a huge fan of his but seems likely he comes home.

AI
Come home Ron.

SINCESTARBURY25
Go knicks go knicks

Santana4Prez'08
07-14-2013, 05:27 PM
pleaseeee come home

chi-townlove1
07-14-2013, 05:30 PM
He already said he wants to coach, go to china, or play arena football..

Two-3
07-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Bring it home ron.

Becks2307
#bringworldpeacebackhome

RipCity32
I wish the nut job would just leave the league already.

kobe4thewinbang
07-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Him firing up brainless shots for NYC will be fun to watch.

LTBaByyy
07-14-2013, 05:38 PM
If the Knicks get Ron Artest added to their already tough aggressive players

Just imagine the fights we are going to have during the Knicks-Nets games

ManRam
i'm not convinced MWP is an asset anymore at this point in his career.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
he said he'll probably retire from the NBA

nycericanguy
07-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Chris Broussard: Source close to Metta just told me MWP definitely wants to play for Knicks. Clippers fairly distant 2nd, China 3rd Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Al Iannazzone: If Metta World Peace clears amnesty waivers at 5 pm, the Knicks are expected to be first in line to sign him. Twitter @Al_Iannazzone

Would be a huge pickup, nice piece off the bench.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 05:40 PM
I think he still has defensive value. Definitely wouldn't want him on my team, but he'd still be useful for cheap.

LAKobeBryant
07-14-2013, 05:42 PM
he should rap

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I wish we could land him for about 3 or 4 years.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 06:13 PM
I wish we could land him for about 3 or 4 years.

You will. Similar situation to Andray Blatche. He will be getting paid no matter what so he will go wherever he will be happy. As you may know Blatche is still with the Nets even though he is worth much more than the vet minimum.

Artest sucks at this point. His defense is overrated. He can hit the 3 tho

njnets
07-14-2013, 06:14 PM
its either knicks or china. i dont see the clippers signing MWP. they already have a lot of depth.

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 06:17 PM
You will. Similar situation to Andray Blatche. He will be getting paid no matter what so he will go wherever he will be happy. As you may know Blatche is still with the Nets even though he is worth much more than the vet minimum.

Artest sucks at this point. His defense is overrated. He can hit the 3 tho

Dont you have to wait til he signs with the Knicks before you start with the players sux bit? I thought that was the protocol on PSD?

AddiX
07-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Knicks bringing back the goon squad.

I've been waiting for this for years to see the Knicks be a rough house team again. I know I know, "still won't win a ring, etc etc," and whatever other unoriginal bs you clowns come u with.

Dont matter to me what we do, this the kind of team the Knicks should be.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Dont you have to wait til he signs with the Knicks before you start with the players sux bit? I thought that was the protocol on PSD?

He is not that good anymore. Just a glorified 3 and D guy whose defense if highly overrated. Sometimes people talk about him as if he is Tony Allenesque

He is not a shut down guy. He doesnt have the athleticism nor quickness anymore. His help defense and basketball iq are meh

I mean he helps give whoever signs him depth at SF imo but he not a game changing player. Hope he goes back home. Always wanted Artest back in NY

I wanted him with the Nets because our defense was based solely on KG but thank god Prokhorov is a boss and we got Kirilenko instead

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Knicks bringing back the goon squad.

I've been waiting for this for years to see the Knicks be a rough house team again. I know I know, "still won't win a ring, etc etc," and whatever other unoriginal bs you clowns come u with.

Dont matter to me what we do, this the kind of team the Knicks should be.

At least nobody can call you guys soft. Hope he gives Lebron a real reason to fall on the floor every 3 minutes when the Knicks play Miami if he lands in NY

Stunner
07-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Felton
Shump
MWP
Melo
Chandler

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Felton
Shump
MWP
Melo
Chandler

I think the rotation depends on who we area playing.

beasted86
07-14-2013, 06:43 PM
If the Knicks get him he helps out HUGE... people need to stop downplaying his impact he could have.... you must be forgetting the Knicks have Stoudemire and Bargnani at PF. If they sign him, it gives them an extra guy to switch certain matchups and have Artest defend either the SF or PF.

If they get him, it makes Bargnani workable between Chander and him.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 06:43 PM
he said he'll probably retire from the NBA

Maybe you should read the reports again

tredigs
07-14-2013, 06:48 PM
N/M preemptive fake.

Stunner
07-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I think the rotation depends on who we area playing.

Reports are Woodson wants to keep Melo at the 4 because of team success and mismatch

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Reports are Woodson wants to keep Melo at the 4 because of team success and mismatch

I love Melo at the 4 he couldnt shoot worth a flip at the 3 for some reason. I want to move Amare :(

JNA17
07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
As a Lakers fan, it was nice to have a guy willing to go to war with you, but over the last two years, he has been SOOOOOOOOO freaking useless on both ends of the floor.

He was a god awful shooter. Seriously I can not put more emphasis on how bad he is there. Seriously teams would always leave him wide open every offensive possession and would brick/air ball that ****. It was frustrating to watch. His dribbling...oh my freaking god his dribbling. Seriously I played center in high school and I was pretty bad in this area, but I guarantee I can dribble better than Ron now. I bet any PSD poster here can do. IT IS CRINGE WORTHY TO WATCH!

His defense, while still can provide some clutch plays on that end, he is no where near the capable defender he was a long time ago. He's much slower and can no longer defend all star caliber type players anymore like he use too. He's just good at annoying people honestly. XD

His strengths are that he is a GREAT TEAMMATE, will get into other teams heads at times, and on his good days, can provide some nice defense but don't expect him to guard guys like Paul George or Rudy Gay.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 07:25 PM
As a Lakers fan, it was nice to have a guy willing to go to war with you, but over the last two years, he has been SOOOOOOOOO freaking useless on both ends of the floor.

He was a god awful shooter. Seriously I can not put more emphasis on how bad he is there. Seriously teams would always leave him wide open every offensive possession and would brick/air ball that ****. It was frustrating to watch. His dribbling...oh my freaking god his dribbling. Seriously I played center in high school and I was pretty bad in this area, but I guarantee I can dribble better than Ron now. I bet any PSD poster here can do. IT IS CRINGE WORTHY TO WATCH!

His defense, while still can provide some clutch plays on that end, he is no where near the capable defender he was a long time ago. He's much slower and can no longer defend all star caliber type players anymore like he use too. He's just good at annoying people honestly. XD

His strengths are that he is a GREAT TEAMMATE, will get into other teams heads at times, and on his good days, can provide some nice defense but don't expect him to guard guys like Paul George or Rudy Gay.

He is going to be good this year def. a 12-15 ppg kinda guy for us. New York can change players itll either make him or break him.

JNA17
07-14-2013, 07:31 PM
He is going to be good this year def. a 12-15 ppg kinda guy for us. New York can change players itll either make him or break him.

He might or he might not. Who knows. But I would love to hear your reasoning on how Metta will go from the worst starting Small Foward in the league to near his career point averages on a team with Melo and J.R. In it. If he can't do with Nash, Kobe or Gasol giving him good looks, I don't see how he will do any better with the current knicks roster.

Please don't tell me you actually want Metta to start? He will hurt your team more just by being on the court I promise you lol.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 07:33 PM
He might or he might not. Who knows. But I would love to hear your reasoning on how Metta will go from the worst starting Small Foward in the league to near his career point averages on a team with Melo and J.R. In it. If he can't do with Nash, Kobe or Gasol giving him good looks, I don't see how he will do any better with the current knocks roster.

Please don't tell me you actually want Metta to start? He will hurt your team more just by being on the court I promise you lol.

I think he will provide a strong second unit with J.R. and he might fit our roster better than he fit with the lakers.

RLundi
07-14-2013, 07:33 PM

7-9ppg MAX. He isn't sniffing double digits from the bench.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 07:34 PM
If we play Miami and Indiana I want Artest to start no doubt.

JNA17
07-14-2013, 07:38 PM
I think he will provide a strong second unit with J.R. and he might fit our roster better than he fit with the lakers.

He might be a better fit, but if you expect Ron to average near career numbers as the 7th/8th man on the bench, I would say your being too optimistic.

JNA17
07-14-2013, 07:39 PM

Which in those games, usually results in Lebron getting a triple double and Paul George having a career game. :mad:

kblo247
07-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 10m
Metta World Peace to The Times via text regarding Clippers: “Of course I’m interested in Clippers. I have to meet them first.”

Makes no sense for him to leave LA and uproot his family after all these year if he doesn't have to

JerseyPalahniuk
07-14-2013, 07:41 PM
He might be a better fit, but if you expect Ron to average near career numbers as the 7th/8th man on the bench, I would say your being too optimistic.

Dude is a starbury fan. Enough said.

Good pick but no way he's averaging 12ppg off the bench

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 07:43 PM

and BKN too. He can pull Paul Pierce's shorts again

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 10m
Metta World Peace to The Times via text regarding Clippers: “Of course I’m interested in Clippers. I have to meet them first.”

Makes no sense for him to leave LA and uproot his family after all these year if he doesn't have to

They reportedly have no interest while the Knicks do as they desperately seek a counter punch to the Nets's moves.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Dude is a starbury fan. Enough said.

Good pick but no way he's averaging 12ppg off the bench

Loved Marbs when he actually played.

LAKobeBryant
07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
wait don't teams bid for him since he got amnestied?

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
wait don't teams bid for him since he got amnestied?

well JNA17 says he is a worthless bum, so why would they bother?

AI
07-14-2013, 07:52 PM
They reportedly have no interest while the Knicks do as they desperately seek a counter punch to the Nets's moves.

Seriously? What a ridiculous thing to say. :laugh2:

Anyways...

Metta World Peace is expected to meet with New York Knicks executives in Las Vegas within the next two days, pushing the free-agent forward closer to an eventual contract agreement with the Knicks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks are the strong frontrunner to sign World Peace to a veteran's minimum deal of $1.4 million for the 2013-14 season, sources said. A possible deal could include a second year with a player option, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/metta-world-peace-becomes-free-agent-after-clearing-amnesty-waivers-212355714.html

NYSpirit1
07-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Yup, as always this entire forum hates the Knicks.

The Bargnani acquisition for virtually nothing 'sucked' and this Artest signing will 'suck' while all the Nets acquisitions of old timers who are 37 are brilliant.

But wait.. last year when the Knicks signed old geezers it was dumb, right?

Get a grip. Pierce and KG can easily go down the crapper this year on a new team at the end of their careers without Doc. Pierces days of 18-20 a game are over. 10-12 is much more realistic on this team.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Just pray Pierce and KG don't get hurt

justinnum1
07-14-2013, 07:59 PM

The Bargnani acquisition for virtually nothing 'sucked' and this Artest signing will 'suck' while all the Nets acquisitions of old timers who are 37 are brilliant.

Get a grip. Pierce and KG can easily go down the crapper this year on a new team at the end of their careers without Doc. Pierces days of 18-20 a game are over. 10-12 is much more realistic on this team.

Ever think there is a reason that toronto was trying to give him away?

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 07:59 PM
The knicks won this off season with getting bargnani

Nope Nets won just they'll win the east!!!

AI
07-14-2013, 08:00 PM
The knicks won this off season with getting bargnani

Is this really necessary? It's always the same people baiting.

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM

Let them have their offseason fun dude. Like last offseason we all saw how that ended up.

AI
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Yet another thread derailed by the same ****ing people. Ban them already.

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Yet another thread derailed by the same ****ing people. Ban them already.

+1

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Seriously? What a ridiculous thing to say. :laugh2:

Anyways...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/metta-world-peace-becomes-free-agent-after-clearing-amnesty-waivers-212355714.html

Its ok let the hate flow through you :)

Seriously though the Knicks are trying to keep pace with the east and lost Copeland to the Pacers while getting a player with negative value in Bargnani (30% from 3 and 39% overall as a C. That is not a typo.) and losing their floor general and glue guy in Kidd.

Artest adds depth i guess but as far as basketball he is just a meh 3 and D guy that will struggle to defend Lebron and George in the East. He might do well against Pierce but i am not sure cuz i dont have the head to head available and too lazy to look it up.

Artest in his late years has mastered the art of looking like a great defender while actually being just decent if that.

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Seriously though the Knicks are trying to keep pace with the east and lost Copeland to the Pacers while getting a player with negative value in Bargnani (30% from 3 and 39% overall as a C. That is not a typo.) and losing their floor general and glue guy in Kidd.

:facepalm: can you possibly over exaggerate anymore????

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Let them have their offseason fun dude. Like last offseason we all saw how that ended up.

True

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Welp those old geezers took the Knicks to 6 without Rondo and under heavy workload. Maybe you didnt notice but the Nets have legitimate depth and flexibility to rest those guys through the season as they please

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:10 PM

Because 30% from 3pt range is considered a certified sniper

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Welp those old geezers took the Knicks to 6 without Rondo and under heavy workload. Maybe you didnt notice but the Nets have legitimate depth and flexibility to rest those guys through the season as they please

But they arent in a Knicks uniform.. dont you understand??

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Here come the rest of the Nets squad :rolleyes:

Just waiting for Wavey......

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:14 PM
:laugh2: in all seriousness its all in good fun Knicks fans. This is a legit rivalry now and so you can expect good a natured ribbing from time to time. Just so juiced up from this amazing off season and sad that i have to wait till football season to get my fix for sports so im entertaining myself by messing with Knicks fans.

You cant deny that you guys make for easy targets with your short fuses and your teams head scratching moves

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Because 30% from 3pt range is considered a certified sniper

Wasn't saying that when Gerald Wallace was shooting 9% on the court

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Here come the rest of the Nets squad :rolleyes:

Just waiting for Wavey......

:laugh2: you guys are too easy

Seriously though Metta will be a solid addition. You guys will have a solid body to throw at Dunleavy, Korver, Derozan. Between him and Shump with Chandler you guys will easily have a solid defense.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Wasn't saying that when Gerald Wallace was shooting 9% on the court

You are right. I wasnt. Cuz i was pulling my hair out anytime i saw him shoot :( glad he is gone and the problem of paying a guy ridiculous money to build cement houses on the court now rests with a rival team.

Karma is good. So glad i survived 12-70

Chronz
07-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I hope the Clips arent seriously considering him, plz go to NY. Go miss shots and get blown by in NY

AI
07-14-2013, 08:22 PM
:laugh2: in all seriousness its all in good fun Knicks fans. This is a legit rivalry now and so you can expect good a natured ribbing from time to time. Just so juiced up from this amazing off season and sad that i have to wait till football season to get my fix for sports so im entertaining myself by messing with Knicks fans.

You cant deny that you guys make for easy targets with your short fuses and your teams head scratching moves

You don't think that dealing with you, wavey, DMF, justinum and others gets annoying? It's always the same baiting/trolling routine in every Knicks related thread. I don't hate the Nets or any other team. Neither do I make it a point to go out of my way to post childish things in all their threads.

I guess you guys have to make up for having no life by trying to be "cool and funny" on an internet site. Go ahead, carry on, luckily for us normal folks there's an ignore list.

NYSpirit1
07-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Because Bargnani was unmotivated and sucked last year. But the previous two years he averaged 20. He's an excellent scorer. A poor man's Dirk. I'm not saying hell be amazing, but NY is sure a great place for a career renaissance.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2013, 08:26 PM
You are right. I wasnt. Cuz i was pulling my hair out anytime i saw him shoot :( glad he is gone and the problem of paying a guy ridiculous money to build cement houses on the court now rests with a rival team.

Karma is good. So glad i survived 12-70

Great to have you back. Thought Wavey and DMF dismantled the entire Nets fan base on here

justinnum1
07-14-2013, 08:27 PM
I hope the Clips arent seriously considering him, plz go to NY. Go miss shots and get blown by in NY

:laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:29 PM
You don't think that dealing with you, wavey, DMF, justinum and others gets annoying? It's always the same baiting/trolling routine in every Knicks related thread. I don't hate the Nets or any other team. Neither do I make it a point to go out of my way to post childish things in all their threads.

I guess you guys have to make up for having no life by trying to be "cool and funny" on an internet site. Go ahead, carry on, luckily for us normal folks there's an ignore list.

Sensitive much? Go look in my history and find where i constantly troll Knicks fans on the level you are trying to put me on. :laugh2: I am just messing with you guys. No need to compare me to DMF and whoever.

Seriously its gonna be a long rivalry so this kinda thing is gonna happen. Did i say Knicks fans are morons or something? Just stating facts. Artest is not a good player anymore and Bargs lol is worse

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Great to have you back. Thought Wavey and DMF dismantled the entire Nets fan base on here

Na bro. I always browse just dont post too much. Too much bad rep for Nets fans around here.

I like messing with you guys but in all seriousness i love interacting with you all. Most Knicks fans on here are pretty reasonable when i sit down to talk seriously about basketball.

I have nothing against you guys. just tryna enjoy the rivalry. :cheers:

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Paul Pierce and KG are my two of my all time favorite players so I actually will be watching a ton of games this year.... I might have to cop the Pierce jersey I already have a celtics one.

KnickaBocka.44
07-14-2013, 08:46 PM

what head scratching moves are you referring to?

KnickaBocka.44
07-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Paul Pierce and KG are my two of my all time favorite players so I actually will be watching a ton of games this year.... I might have to cop the Pierce jersey I already have a celtics one.

that'll be your first step out the door,

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 08:51 PM
that'll be your first step out the door,

Yeah because im a fan of other players on other teams..... I also want a Durant jersey, Brandon jennings, and some other guys im such a traitor right.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 09:03 PM
what head scratching moves are you referring to?

Bargnani the deadly 30% sniper for one.

nyKnicks126
07-14-2013, 09:04 PM
I think he will sign for the Knicks!

kblo247
07-14-2013, 09:16 PM

Playing Metta at the 4 and Blake at the 5 reduces the way the Clips get ****ing destroyed by post ups in a series. He's a fine third big. His sf days are gone but he's better than Deandre defending the post. Heck Odom was better on post D, much like Kenyon and Reggie than Jordan. You should want him

You should want Metta behind Deandre, so that he plays alongside Blake.

RLundi
07-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Is this really necessary? It's always the same people baiting.

Seriously. It's comical to see mods deleting their posts for insults, yet there are never any repercussions. They need to see the Ban Hammer immediately.

Metsboi69
07-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Would certainly be a good move for the Knicks, no real downside.

krisxsong
07-14-2013, 09:33 PM
People act like getting Metta get the Knicks from being a 5th seed to the 2nd seed. THe guy is not good anymore. Is he physical? Yes. That's just about his only positive attribute he brings to the table.

This guy would the Nets 9th best player and fans act like the KNicks are now better. Really? He would be our 9th or 10th best player and our 3rd string SF. Riiiight.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Nets vs Knicks games are gonna be epic this year. The mods on PSD are gonna love it!

KnickaBocka.44
07-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Yeah because im a fan of other players on other teams..... I also want a Durant jersey, Brandon jennings, and some other guys im such a traitor right.

a Brooklyn jersey tho?...thats our rival dude

KnickaBocka.44
07-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Bargnani the deadly 30% sniper for one.

Oh, you mean the former 20 ppg scorer entering his prime that we got for next to nothing? yeah, him.

29$JerZ
07-14-2013, 10:06 PM
People act like getting Metta get the Knicks from being a 5th seed to the 2nd seed. THe guy is not good anymore. Is he physical? Yes. That's just about his only positive attribute he brings to the table.

This guy would the Nets 9th best player and fans act like the KNicks are now better. Really? He would be our 9th or 10th best player and our 3rd string SF. Riiiight.

He fills an urgent need the Knicks lack at the backup SF slot and can defend decently enough.
That's all the signing is.
Norris Cole and Birdman would be the 11th-14th best players on most teams but they are pretty important for Miami. It's about how valuable they are for the team.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh, you mean the former 20 ppg scorer entering his prime that we got for next to nothing? yeah, him.

Well phrased sir. Couldnt have said it better. The FORMER 20ppg scorer. The one that has never shot higher that 47% from the field as a C and for the last 3 seasons has gotten progressively worse at shooting the deep ball which is supposed to be his strength 34% 29% 30%...

Not to mention he will no longer benefit from the passing of Calderon but maybe Prigioni can fill some of that void.

I guess you could argue that Bargnani hated TOR and maybe playing in NY will wake him up or so Knicks fans would hope

Marques24kobe
07-14-2013, 10:25 PM
As a Laker fan, I hope he goes home and joins the Knicks.

Jtirado16
07-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Knicks is where he'll go! Loved him in LA. Wish him the best

SINCESTARBURY25
07-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I think ill get a Metta jersey a shump and a J.r.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Im sorry but this post is a little ridiculous. So if I sign Mike James right now for the minimum does that mean Im getting a big time former 20 PPG scorer for next to nothing? Is that how I should categorize it? Is that what I should expect from him entering 2013? Or could that maybe be a single glorious year in an obvious mediocre career.

There is a reason why 95% of Raptors fans hated the guy, just because hes now donning a Knicks uni doesnt mean hes all of a sudden going to figure it out again and become efficient as well as healthy.

Now did the Knicks get him for nothing? Sure they did, but that doesnt mean theyre necessarily upgrading to any large degree. You can act as though this is some "Knicks hatred" but in reality the guy sucks and prior to him being a Knick the majority of you agreed with that notion.

AI
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Im sorry but this post is a little ridiculous. So if I sign Mike James right now for the minimum does that mean Im getting a big time former 20 PPG scorer for next to nothing? Is that how I should categorize it? Is that what I should expect from him entering 2013? Or could that maybe be a single glorious year in an obvious mediocre career.

While I don't want to get involved in the discussion because I know it'll end up in a trollfest, I'll bite.

Between 2010-12 he did average 20.8 PPG on 44 FG%. So comparing him to Mike James is very extreme when you consider that before last season, in which Bargnani suffered from an injured elbow, Bargnani had 2 straight years where he averaged 20 PPG.

There is a reason why 95% of Raptors fans hated the guy, just because hes now donning a Knicks uni doesnt mean hes all of a sudden going to figure it out again and become efficient as well as healthy.

Now did the Knicks get him for nothing? Sure they did, but that doesnt mean theyre necessarily upgrading to any large degree. You can act as though this is some "Knicks hatred" but in reality the guy sucks and prior to him being a Knick the majority of you agreed with that notion.

I don't think any rational Knicks fan thinks this guy is anything else but a good, young, role player. Part of the reason Toronto hated him was because, for a #1 overall pick, he was a failure. Expectations were very high for him and he failed to live up to those expectations. In New York we are not expecting much, we'll take whatever he can give us whether that be 15/6 or 20/8.

I think we all believe he's worth the risk because at this point it's a buy-low/high-reward move and besides the 1st we really didn't give up anything of value because Novak is a one-dimensional player and Camby is old and injury prone. Maybe all Bargnani needed was a change of scenery? We'll see. However, to claim like we all believe he's going to be a star is way off, some of us just believe he can be a good stretch 4 who will suck out the defense instead of clogging the paint.

BALLER R
07-14-2013, 11:43 PM
While I don't want to get involved in the discussion because I know it'll end up in a trollfest, I'll bite.

Between 2010-12 he did average 20.8 PPG on 44 FG%. So comparing him to Mike James is very extreme when you consider that before last season, in which Bargnani suffered from an injured elbow, Bargnani had 2 straight years where he averaged 20 PPG.

I don't think any rational Knicks fan thinks this guy is anything else but a good, young, role player. Part of the reason Toronto hated him was because, for a #1 overall pick, he was a failure. Expectations were very high for him and he failed to live up to those expectations. In New York we are not expecting much, we'll take whatever he can give us whether that be 15/6 or 20/8.

I think we all believe he's worth the risk because at this point it's a buy-low/high-reward move and besides the 1st we really didn't guve up anything of value up because Novak is a one-dimensional player and Camby needs to retire. Maybe all Bargnani needed was a change of scenery? We'll see. However, to claim like we all believe he's going to be a star is way off, some of us just believe he can be a good stretch 4 who will suck out the defense instead of clogging the paint.

Being from Toronto I can say this guy has game. It just disappeared. His only weakness is really rebounding and his help defense. Any rational raptors fan can tell you that. I have a feeling he's going to work out for the Knicks. One thing I can also say about him is if you guys get the Andrea from a couple years ago look out. When he's on offensively he's unguardable.

Knicks21
07-14-2013, 11:45 PM

As much as we talk about players having fluke seasons, there is no such thing imo. Its 82 games and its the NBA, I dont care how you put it you have to be pretty good to score 20 a game in this league, Mike James or not.

Whilst he may not be as good as he once was because of injuries, there is still an expectation he can come in and be serviceable which is entirely reasonable, just like Pierce and co.

Raider fans hated Randy Moss, surround him with good talent in New England, like surrounding Bargs with good talent in NY, can make a difference.

Its a gamble, but the window is closing and if you dont make a move you get left behind.

beasted86
07-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Seriously. It's comical to see mods deleting their posts for insults, yet there are never any repercussions. They need to see the Ban Hammer immediately.

The mods on this site think that bickering and trolling make this site "interesting", that's why this forum has become worse over the past 2 years. They see a thread with a bunch of posts and views and they think it will draw more user to join and post. Never mind the fact that it's usually the same 10 posters baiting each other back and forth in every thread.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Being from Toronto I can say this guy has game. It just disappeared. His only weakness is really rebounding and his help defense. Any rational raptors fan can tell you that. I have a feeling he's going to work out for the Knicks. One thing I can also say about him is if you guys get the Andrea from a couple years ago look out. When he's on offensively he's unguardable.

and so is whoever he is matched up with

Captain Moroni
07-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Back on topic, I hope Artest does indeed come home.

D-Leethal
07-15-2013, 12:24 AM
and so is whoever he is matched up with

If you actually follow what Rap fans are saying, his 1v1 defense is actually pretty good, and his help is atrocious. So whoever he was guarding probably doesn't actually light him up, its probably the perimeter guys getting the rim because the Bargs help is late. Your example would be better suited for a guy like Deron Williams, who cannot stay in front of his man 1v1.

The goods
07-15-2013, 12:25 AM
I can't to watch him on another team, I think I'll love him more.

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2013, 12:27 AM
If you actually follow what Rap fans are saying, his 1v1 defense is actually pretty good, and his help is atrocious. So whoever he was guarding probably doesn't actually light him up, its probably the perimeter guys getting the rim because the Bargs help is late. Your example would be better suited for a guy like Deron Williams, who cannot stay in front of his man 1v1.

I know it was just an easy opening to slip in the joke.

AI
07-15-2013, 12:37 AM
I know it was just an easy opening to slip in the joke.

Jokes on you.

uprightciti
07-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I refuse to read any ******** nets comments.
If Metta is a knick that's great.
Get Kmart back. Sign Tyler. And go for Nate.

Or try to do the impossible and trade for rondo.

But the nets are still ****ed.
To many vets that all want the ball down the stretch.

Lopez will struggle
Deron will not co exist with Paul and KG
And Joe...oh joe you old greedy bastard.

Goodnight Brooklyn
Have fun in lux tax hell

JNA17
07-15-2013, 12:45 AM

Lopez will struggle

Goodnight Brooklyn
Have fun in lux tax hell

I understand that there are a lot of jerk off fans and fan bases but do you really think making bold claims is really gonna make it better? I mean you could be right but still.

Crackadalic
07-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Lol he was playing 30 mins a game last year. He's a 15-18 min guy if he signs with the knicks so I don't get all the hate for the guy. He's a trolling nut but he's a good addition if he's not playing starters mins.

still1ballin
07-15-2013, 12:57 AM
People act like getting Metta get the Knicks from being a 5th seed to the 2nd seed. THe guy is not good anymore. Is he physical? Yes. That's just about his only positive attribute he brings to the table. The Bargnani acquisition for virtually nothing 'sucked' and this Artest signing will 'suck' while all the Nets acquisitions of old timers who are 37 are brilliant. Artest adds depth i guess but as far as basketball he is just a meh 3 and D guy that will struggle to defend Lebron and George in the East. He might do well against Pierce but i am not sure cuz i dont have the head to head available and too lazy to look it up. I think he will provide a strong second unit with J.R. and he might fit our roster better than he fit with the lakers.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-15-2013, 12:57 AM
I just scored 25 with Artest in 2k13 so if you think he cant put up the points your wrong *Rolls eyes*

lakers4sho
07-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Hes probably headed to China. Don't know what goes on inside that dude's head.

AI
07-15-2013, 01:50 AM
People act like getting Metta get the Knicks from being a 5th seed to the 2nd seed.

Did the Knicks not win the 2 seed last year? Did they not take the Pacers, same team that took the eventual champs to 7 games in the ECF, to 6 games in the ECS even though they played awful?

Artest adds depth i guess but as far as basketball he is just a meh 3 and D guy that will struggle to defend Lebron and George in the East. He might do well against Pierce but i am not sure cuz i dont have the head to head available and too lazy to look it up. I think he will provide a strong second unit with J.R. and he might fit our roster better than he fit with the lakers.

Here are some interesting statistics:

Lebron James vs Metta World Peace: LBJ's career shooting efficiency drops about 20 percent, and his turnovers increase by about 35% vs MWP.

In close to 100 minutes against Metta World Peace, Paul George has shot 39%, including 6/20 FG with 4 turnovers against Lakers just this March

Lesson of the day: Don't make bold comments without the facts to back them up.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 02:15 AM

Lopez will struggle

Goodnight Brooklyn
Have fun in lux tax hell

Now this ladies and gentlemen is gold.

I mean I can totally delve into how idiotic each and every sentence of this is but I wouldn't want you to have to read some more "******** nets comments".

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2013, 02:53 AM
I just scored 25 with Artest in 2k13 so if you think he cant put up the points your wrong *Rolls eyes*

:laugh2: and Knicks fans wonder why they are easy targets

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 02:59 AM

I think he meant that sarcastically, hence the "rolls eyes".

At least I hope so...

VendettaRed07
07-15-2013, 03:02 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 03:14 AM

Your first paragraph is pretty ridiculous so I'm just not going to address it.

Being in a winning environment and not having to live up to the expectations of being a franchise changing player and #1 pick will take a lot of pressure off of him. I dont expect him to score 20 per game, or anything close to it really, but he is going to have some big games and his presence is going to do a lot of positive things for this team on the offensive end of the floor.

I'm not going to waste too much time defending the move because non-Knick fans just like to bash any move the team makes. But he had his best seasons as a 2nd/3rd option and thats what he is going to be again. The move has almost no "bust" potential.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Get the salt water out of your mouth kid. Nets are gonna own the Atlantic and Artest does not change that. Knicks are gonna get that *** tapped. #KnicksTape

You were in here spouting this same garbage last year around this time. You are a Nets Troll.

sintaks12
07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Well that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. This used to be a forum that I could visit and expect semi-intelligent conversation. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Carry on children.

NYY09
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I usually dont post much in the Knicks forum, even though I'm a fan but this is just comical so WTH...

Would the team be better with MWP than without? yes

Is the team better with Bargnani than Novak & Camby? yes

Is anyone better than Miami? No

So the rest is really semantics, though it is funny to read some of these posts.... :laugh2:

NYJ - NYY
07-15-2013, 10:12 AM
is this thread about bargs or mwp?

NYKnickFanatic
07-15-2013, 10:27 AM
is this thread about bargs or mwp?

Neither, it's about the Nets being better than the Knicks. Lol

NYKnickFanatic
07-15-2013, 10:27 AM

:laugh2:

Captain Moroni
07-15-2013, 10:45 AM
in a thread about an amnestied player clearing waivers, there sure seems to be alot of grandstanding about a team not even involved as a possible landing spot for this player. what are they so worried about?

Something tells me that if that other team landed this player he would suddenly become incredible.

blahblahyoutoo
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM

oh please, just stop it with the victim mentality.
i'm not crazy about either acquisition of pierce/kg or bargs (although he could be a pleasant surprise) and definitely am bullish about artest, who has no shot, no dribble, no D and no athleticism at this point.

Rockice_8
07-15-2013, 11:34 AM
So what is NY working with now should they sign MWP.

Felton/Pablo
Shump/JR
MWP/Hardaway Jr.
Melo/Amare
Chandler/Bargs

They have a solid wing rotation but are seriously lacking up front still. They still don't match MIA on the wings and the other teams (CHI, INDY, BK) who they will be fighting with all have a serious size advantage still.

I don't think they solved any of their issues they had last year. They added a stretch big and added more wing depth but still are going to be a poor rebounding team with no interior defense who again will rely on the long ball.

Seems like the same story as last year when they're hot they can beat anyone but they couldn't sustain it throughout the playoffs.

They are in so much need of a rebounding defensive big to match up with the very big east frontcourts.

AI
07-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Most likely scenario would be MWP serving as our backup SF.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 12:12 PM
oh please, just stop it with the victim mentality.
i'm not crazy about either acquisition of pierce/kg or bargs (although he could be a pleasant surprise) and definitely am bullish about artest, who has no shot, no dribble, no D and no athleticism at this point.

if you said this 2 years ago you'd be right, but he came back in great shape and played very well last season. Your analysis of MWP right now is wrong.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-15-2013, 12:16 PM
HA this thread is getting funner by the day.

NYJ - NYY
07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Neither, it's about the Nets being better than the Knicks. Lol

ooo sounds good thats what i thought :facepalm:

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
So what is NY working with now should they sign MWP.

Felton/Pablo
Shump/JR
MWP/Hardaway Jr.
Melo/Amare
Chandler/Bargs

They have a solid wing rotation but are seriously lacking up front still. They still don't match MIA on the wings and the other teams (CHI, INDY, BK) who they will be fighting with all have a serious size advantage still.

I don't think they solved any of their issues they had last year. They added a stretch big and added more wing depth but still are going to be a poor rebounding team with no interior defense who again will rely on the long ball.

Seems like the same story as last year when they're hot they can beat anyone but they couldn't sustain it throughout the playoffs.

They are in so much need of a rebounding defensive big to match up with the very big east frontcourts.

not bad at all. Pretty good lineup.

29$JerZ
07-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Knick's whole philosophy is beat you with the 3. That's how we are able to make up for the lack of size and just talent most of the time.

I doubt Bargs/Hardaway is enough to compensate for losing Novak/Copeland/Kidd shooting but we'll give it a shot anyway.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
As with any team that hads new pieces, it'll be up to Woodson to figure out how to work that Melo/Amare/Barg/Chandler rotation. Very interested to see how it works out. They have 4 bigs who have (or still can) play at All-Star levels. Health and chemistry man. Same with my Nets although the pieces seem to fit better on paper.

AddiX
07-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Knick's whole philosophy is beat you with the 3. That's how we are able to make up for the lack of size and just talent most of the time.

I doubt Bargs/Hardaway is enough to compensate for losing Novak/Copeland/Kidd shooting but we'll give it a shot anyway.

Novak couldn't even get a good look at a shot this past season, teams are n to him and his quicker release is mo where near as efficient as his old one.

Thats a problem bargs won't have. No matter what anyone thinks of bargs, he's tall and can get off his shot from anywhere behind the 3 pretty easily. He spreads the floor a lot for everyone, especially melo.

Jetsguy
07-15-2013, 12:56 PM
As a Knicks fan the only way we see significant improvement IMO is a healthy return of Amare. As far fetched as that seems these days he is a wild card. Otherwise we are +/- the same exact team we were last year while others in the conference have improved or gotten healthy.

We shall see they are capable of anywhere 2-6 in the EC

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I would wait to call Bargnani a good pickup. He is a 7 footer who averaged 3.7 boards a game. Ty Lawson averaged that a couple years ago.

Sure he can stretch the floor. He can hit the outside shot. I don't buy the "his rebounds are low because he shoots from outside bit" thought for two words. Kevin Love. He's the 3rd worst rebounding 7 footer in the entire history of the NBA (Tskitzshvili, and Brad Sellers are the only two who rebounded a lower % of available rebounds ever) Anyways, there's nothing wrong with a player like that who doesn't defend well. Too weak for post players, too slow for anyone that can put the ball on the floor. And his offense is questionable. 30% from downtown over the past 3 years (Novak hit 4 times as many three's and shot 45% in that time frame).

You give him a few million a year, play him 10-15 minutes a game, and hope he hits big shots for you. But they are paying him 22.3 million over the next two years, giving up cap space to attempt to improve the team through free agency instead in upcoming years, and threw in a first round pick. Is Melo at PF and Bargnani at Center an inside presence you want?

It just looks like they gave up a guy in Novak who spaces the floor, and rebounds (he isn't a good rebounder for sure but he does), for a guy in Bargnani who does both things worse, AND costs another 8 mil a year. Plus throw in three picks to boot.

There's a LOT of risk to look at in that choice. Sure, as a fan you should look at the potential silver lining. JR Smith became a bit less immature in NY. Melo at times played D. Why can't Bargnani improve?

As for Metta... ehh, why not. He came back from a weak season the year before, and looked pretty decent. He shot better, but I think that was more due to getting more open looks. I'd use a midlevel exemption on him and see what happens if I had a playoff caliber team he wanted to play for.

I see the stats when those two play each other. Lebron's shooting percentage drops, so do his points scored, his turnovers go up. They look good until you realize a lot of those games were Metta in his prime years vs. Lebron at a much younger age. Lets look at recent memory... aka where those guys are now.

Lebron since joining Miami has averaged 28.8 points, 9 boards, 7.7 assists, 3.2 steals, 2.3 turnovers, shooting 54% from the field and 45% from downtown vs. Metta and the Lakers. Everything improved over his 3 year averages in Miami except his FG% which is exactly where it has been.

Metta isn't the lockdown guy he once was. Watching him play, he still is good. Lebron may have gotten his, but the Lakers weren't forced to double. That opens up how you can play defense. A similar situation would have been Ben Wallace guarding Shaq in the finals. In most of his playoffs there he was double teamed (esp. in the Western Conference finals). Kobe was able to go nuts in those series. But in that finals they could play Shaq straight up and he wouldn't get 40 and 20. Shaq still shot 63% and averaged 27 and 11. But his assists were WAY down as he wasn't passing out of a double team to an open Horry or Fisher. Teams could concentrate more on Kobe and he shot 38% in that series.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 01:14 PM
:clap: Great analysis ^

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I would wait to call Bargnani a good pickup. He is a 7 footer who averaged 3.7 boards a game. Ty Lawson averaged that a couple years ago.

Sure he can stretch the floor. He can hit the outside shot. I don't buy the "his rebounds are low because he shoots from outside bit" thought for two words. Kevin Love. He's the 3rd worst rebounding 7 footer in the entire history of the NBA (Tskitzshvili, and Brad Sellers are the only two who rebounded a lower % of available rebounds ever) Anyways, there's nothing wrong with a player like that who doesn't defend well. Too weak for post players, too slow for anyone that can put the ball on the floor. And his offense is questionable. 30% from downtown over the past 3 years (Novak hit 4 times as many three's and shot 45% in that time frame).

You give him a few million a year, play him 10-15 minutes a game, and hope he hits big shots for you. But they are paying him 22.3 million over the next two years, giving up cap space to attempt to improve the team through free agency instead in upcoming years, and threw in a first round pick. Is Melo at PF and Bargnani at Center an inside presence you want?

It just looks like they gave up a guy in Novak who spaces the floor, and rebounds (he isn't a good rebounder for sure but he does), for a guy in Bargnani who does both things worse, AND costs another 8 mil a year. Plus throw in three picks to boot.

There's a LOT of risk to look at in that choice. Sure, as a fan you should look at the potential silver lining. JR Smith became a bit less immature in NY. Melo at times played D. Why can't Bargnani improve?

As for Metta... ehh, why not. He came back from a weak season the year before, and looked pretty decent. He shot better, but I think that was more due to getting more open looks. I'd use a midlevel exemption on him and see what happens if I had a playoff caliber team he wanted to play for.

I see the stats when those two play each other. Lebron's shooting percentage drops, so do his points scored, his turnovers go up. They look good until you realize a lot of those games were Metta in his prime years vs. Lebron at a much younger age. Lets look at recent memory... aka where those guys are now.

Lebron since joining Miami has averaged 28.8 points, 9 boards, 7.7 assists, 3.2 steals, 2.3 turnovers, shooting 54% from the field and 45% from downtown vs. Metta and the Lakers. Everything improved over his 3 year averages in Miami except his FG% which is exactly where it has been.

Metta isn't the lockdown guy he once was. Watching him play, he still is good. Lebron may have gotten his, but the Lakers weren't forced to double. That opens up how you can play defense. A similar situation would have been Ben Wallace guarding Shaq in the finals. In most of his playoffs there he was double teamed (esp. in the Western Conference finals). Kobe was able to go nuts in those series. But in that finals they could play Shaq straight up and he wouldn't get 40 and 20. Shaq still shot 63% and averaged 27 and 11. But his assists were WAY down as he wasn't passing out of a double team to an open Horry or Fisher. Teams could concentrate more on Kobe and he shot 38% in that series.

Novak is a horrible rebounder and defender, worse than Bargnani in both areas. Bargnani is actually a pretty damn good post defender.

The fact that you think there is any risk to this move tells me a lot. You think there's a lot, that says even more. There is no risk in this move for the Knicks. They got him almost for free. His contract doesn't matter, with the exception that it is over before Novak's which actually makes it MORE attractive. The only first rounder we gave up can be swapped with Denver's if it is anywhere near desirable and one of the other 2nd round picks is top 55 protected. They aren't sacrificing anycapspace because they are already over the cap.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
:clap: Great analysis ^

I typically respect your opinion, but how can you say that was great analysis? Its not factual and is almost totally opinion based.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 01:26 PM
metta could help out the knicks a little i suppose...

Becks2307
07-15-2013, 01:28 PM

You are really missing the nuances of this deal.

Secondly, Novak is pretty much a non-entity. Didnt play in the playoffs past 2 years practically. Love him, but he can't do anything against any team that knows he exists.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Novak couldn't even get a good look at a shot this past season, teams are n to him and his quicker release is mo where near as efficient as his old one.

Thats a problem bargs won't have. No matter what anyone thinks of bargs, he's tall and can get off his shot from anywhere behind the 3 pretty easily. He spreads the floor a lot for everyone, especially melo.

He does shoot well for a 7 footer, but he doesn't shoot that well lately overall. His effective FG% was 38% on his jumpers (18% in the final 10 seconds of a shot clock last year) last year. His team was better with him on the bench than the floor (partly due to in his time on the floor, he was outscored by 7 points and outboarded by 8 vs. his opponent per 48 minutes).

That 38% is even lower than Josh Smith (one of the guys who probably shouldn't be shooting as much from outside) and Michael Beasley. Chris Bosh for example is at 47% on his jumpers, Ryan Anderson was 50%, Aldridge was 43%, Matt Bonner was 60% and Gasol was 40% to compare that to other stretch 4 types. So when it comes to scoring points off the jumper, he is one of the worst last year.

And outside from 3 he isn't very effective either. Of the 48 forwards or centers who took at least 400 three's in the past few seasons he ranks 44th in FG%. Josh Smith is the only other PF/C to hit a lower %.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM

He does shoot well for a 7 footer, but he doesn't shoot that well lately overall. His effective FG% was 38% on his jumpers (18% in the final 10 seconds of a shot clock last year) last year. His team was better with him on the bench than the floor (partly due to in his time on the floor, he was outscored by 7 points and outboarded by 8 vs. his opponent per 48 minutes).

That 38% is even lower than Josh Smith (one of the guys who probably shouldn't be shooting as much from outside) and Michael Beasley. Chris Bosh for example is at 47% on his jumpers, Ryan Anderson was 50%, Aldridge was 43%, Matt Bonner was 60% and Gasol was 40% to compare that to other stretch 4 types. So when it comes to scoring points off the jumper, he is one of the worst last year.

And outside from 3 he isn't very effective either. Of the 48 forwards or centers who took at least 400 three's in the past few seasons he ranks 44th in FG%. Josh Smith is the only other PF/C to hit a lower %.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM

Thats all well and great but if you are going to say all that you may as well also point out that he was trying to play through injury and only played 35 games last year.

Rockice_8
07-15-2013, 01:47 PM

Novak was just as good a floor spacer as Bargs is and he's far more deadly behind the arc than bargs ever will be. Just because Novak can't do much else doesn't mean teams didn't stick to him like glue when he was out there. He had a quick release so you couldn't give him space at all.

I'd say an open Novak is far more dangerous than an open Bargs. Novak was just more easier to cover cause you knew where he was going to shoot it but in terms of floor spreading there aren't many better then Novak.

Chandler needs to step it back up cause if plays like he did last year then Knicks have no presence inside at all.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Novak was just as good a floor spacer as Bargs is and he's far more deadly behind the arc than bargs ever will be. Just because Novak can't do much else doesn't mean teams didn't stick to him like glue when he was out there. He had a quick release so you couldn't give him space at all.

I'd say an open Novak is far more dangerous than an open Bargs. Novak was just more easier to cover cause you knew where he was going to shoot it but in terms of floor spreading there aren't many better then Novak.

Chandler needs to step it back up cause if plays like he did last year then Knicks have no presence inside at all.

Chandler was injured at the end of the season. He was an absolute beast for us for the first half of the season.

NyMik3
07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Steve Novak shouldn't be in the same sentence as Bargnani. Bargnani wasn't able to get into shape last year due to injury. Novak is a better spot up shooter and that is it...

Rockice_8
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Chandler was injured at the end of the season. He was an absolute beast for us for the first half of the season.

Fine if that's how you see it but again an injury prone Chandler is the Knicks only inside presence. Not a recipe for success if you ask me. Not even an injury but simple foul trouble and the Knicks have zero paint presence with the only other size being Bargs and Amare. Having guys like Melo and MWP playing significant time at the PF spot is not a sustainable solution.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I typically respect your opinion, but how can you say that was great analysis? Its not factual and is almost totally opinion based.

I was referring mostly to the first few paragraphs talking about bargnani. I called it a great analysis not because it was completely factual but because he used some facts (his rebounding numbers, his shooting percentage, and his salary) to formulate a coherent argument. I didn't nitpick everything but you are right Novak is a worse rebounder and defender but he also makes millions of dollars less per year.

You are also correct about it not really affecting the salary cap since they are over the cap (same issue with my Nets and getting Garnett/pierce - we actually are in a better cap situation for getting reading of Wallace's 3 years). Rooting for Barg though. Tough to see a player picked #1 in the draft not work out. Hopefully his rebounding/shooting struggles were primarily due to injury and not a lack of effort or talent.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Fine if that's how you see it but again an injury prone Chandler is the Knicks only inside presence. Not a recipe for success if you ask me. Not even an injury but simple foul trouble and the Knicks have zero paint presence with the only other size being Bargs and Amare. Having guys like Melo and MWP playing significant time at the PF spot is not a sustainable solution.

It's not how I see it, it's a fact. I agree, I would like to see the Knicks pickup another physical big, but Chandler has nothing to do with it.

He's also not injury prone. Only 24 missed games in the past 3 seasons.

redsoxknicks
07-15-2013, 02:02 PM

I know it sounds funny, but for an athlete, Tyson also gets the flu far too often. That is a sign of something going on. Could be he feels run down more than average and is susceptible with all the traveling, etc. Or it could be a sign of something else, but even when he gets back on the floor afterwards, he still disappears for a week or two.

It was hard to ignore last season (plus playoffs the year before), and explained some of his play when we finally were told he had been battling the flu and lost weight.

KnickaBocka.44
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I know it sounds funny, but for an athlete, Tyson also gets the flu far too often. That is a sign of something going on. Could be he feels run down more than average and is susceptible with all the traveling, etc. Or it could be a sign of something else, but even when he gets back on the floor afterwards, he still disappears for a week or two.

It was hard to ignore last season (plus playoffs the year before), and explained some of his play when we finally were told he had been battling the flu and lost weight.

Both situations were pretty unique with him having the flu for like 2 weeks and then this past year with a disc problem in his neck. He should be fine going into next season, but you're right, the timing has been very bad.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 02:30 PM
You are really missing the nuances of this deal.

Secondly, Novak is pretty much a non-entity. Didnt play in the playoffs past 2 years practically. Love him, but he can't do anything against any team that knows he exists.

And Bargnani was good for 6 points 1.4 boards and 33% shooting his last playoff after averaging 15 and 6 in the regular season. Like I said, it just seems like more $ for a similar product.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Thats all well and great but if you are going to say all that you may as well also point out that he was trying to play through injury and only played 35 games last year.

And just 31 the year before. And just 66 the year before that. He's missed 40% of the season over the past 3 years. three straight years of injuries and three straight years of declining Fg%.

I guess I could have brought up his injury history too as a risk. I don't really see that as a positive though.

Rockice_8
07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
It's not how I see it, it's a fact. I agree, I would like to see the Knicks pickup another physical big, but Chandler has nothing to do with it.

He's also not injury prone. Only 24 missed games in the past 3 seasons.

Well that's great but you just made up an excuse that he was injured as to why he played like crap at the end of the year. Sure he was on the court but if he's not playing up to par cause of an injury then he's injury prone since it happens more often than not. You can't have it both ways cause the Knicks fans were all complaining how they were injured both of the past two years in the playoffs and both times Chandler was on the walking wounded list.

Right now I'm looking at the Knicks and they have the same exact problems as last year which is most likely going to lead to similar results this year.

Boozer/Noah
West/Hibbert
KG/Lopez
Bynum/AV
Monroe/Drummond
Nene/OK4

These are the front courts they have to deal with out East and I don't see Chandler being able to do it with no help.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
It will be interesting to see how the rotation works. Where do you let your mismatch work. And what mismatches do you allow. He gets beaten badly inside by centers, but those guys are who he is most effective against offensively. Do you pair him with Chandler at times? Which puts Melo at the SF? Or does he relieve Chandler, where you could have Bargs and Melo as your frontcourt?

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
THat is a tough list there...

Throw in Varejao and Tristan Thompson who got no press but both were good for a double double last year. If Tristan gets better in his 2nd year as a starter....

Vucevick and Glen Davis would be a similar duo. They did average 28 and 19 between them and Vucevick is entering his 2nd year as a starter too.

leprechaun5
07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.

:)

bowdown27
07-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Was about to post this. Very nice pickup and perfect for Woodson.

AddiX
07-15-2013, 03:07 PM
This is a very unexpected pick up if you asked anyone a few weeks ago.

Fits what us old school knick fans been begging for, for years. More tough hrd nosed players. this is starting to look more like a Knicks team I can recognize.

gotoHcarolina52
07-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Bully! He's takin ya cookies! We goin' to the Finals, mother ****er!

4milesperday
07-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Honestly, I don't know what he brings to the Knicks besides bad shooting. His defense has fallen off terrible...

AI
07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Yayz. I really like this for the Knicks.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 03:10 PM

LOL You watch that guy on Youtube I see. BULLY!

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Honestly, I don't know what he brings to the Knicks besides bad shooting. His defense has fallen off terrible...

He brings elbows,. Elbows for all of the stats, melo better watch out an elbow may come his way on accident

LAKobeBryant
07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
He brings elbows,. Elbows for all of the stats, melo better watch out an elbow may come his way on accident

he raps too

Becks2307
07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Im just happy we can put Shump and Metta on other teams' elite wings.

shep33
07-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Good pick up. He's horrible on offense and has lost speed to guard elite perimeter guys, but he's a great locker guy, and he adds toughness while also being a very good stretch 4.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Good pick up. He's horrible on offense and has lost speed to guard elite perimeter guys, but he's a great locker guy, and he adds toughness while also being a very good stretch 4.

Ya'll act like were breaking the bank to get him. He's coming for the minimum.

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2013, 03:16 PM
he raps too

Him and shump rap battle :drool: but on all seriousness I like that he brings energy every game

ManningToTyree
07-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome home you crazy ****er

AI
07-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Ya'll act like were breaking the bank to get him. He's coming for the minimum.

Not really...

The first year of World Peace's deal is for roughly $1.6 million; what was left on mini-midlevel after knicks signed Prigioni.

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
defense fell off
shooting fell off
toughness still there

This is not a good pick up for us. 4 yrs. ago, yes. Now?

still1ballin
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Happy for Metta. He will be missed. Good for the Knicks. Not what he use to be, but still a solid role player.

Cali4rnia
07-15-2013, 03:20 PM
He is danger to public lol really he will beat up anyone without a reason. :)

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I love it that he drives an F1 car around on the street. Guy is just crazy. I'm happy he's still sticking with the NBA instead of Arena League football or professional yo-yo champ or whatever other nutjob idea he has running around in his head. His reaction after winning the finals when he got interviewed was epic. I forget who the reporter was (Suzy Kolber?) but she looked scared and lost all at the same time while he ranted about his psychiatrists.

Should be a fine pickup, not a big cap hit for them, not a big risk. Maybe not the role model you want for JR Smith, but it should be fun at least.

J4KOP99
07-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Play him at the 4 if you know what's good for you

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Not really...

OMG 1.6 Million that could of gone to...wait for it... Kenyon Martin instead is really gonna hurt us in the long run.

ManRam
07-15-2013, 03:22 PM

He's still got a little left in him defensively. Not much, but he's still a slight asset in that regard. Fallen off for sure, but there's some defensive ability still there.

This isn't changing my outlook for the Knicks much. His impact just isn't significant overall any more. For the price there's no reason to criticize it.

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Play him at the 4 if you know what's good for you

that's Melo's spot. Or Bargnani.

Lakersfan2483
07-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Knicks fans will love World Peace, no pun intended. He's a team guy, plays hard every game and although he's lost a step or two defensively, you will never see him not put forth the necessary effort to help the team win. I am happy for Metta as a person as well, he's a good guy and deserves a chance to go back to his hometown.

fresh prince
07-15-2013, 03:26 PM

His bigget asset now is his heart and toughness. The guy is slow as hell now and cant really stay in front of most 3's but he sure as hell tries hard all the time. On most good teams his hustle and intensity will spread creating an intense group.hES A GUY YOU WANT ON YOUR SQUAD.

NYKalltheway
07-15-2013, 03:28 PM
finally, we're piling up with nutcases :nod: Feels like NY basketball once again :D

Lakersfan2483
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
His bigget asset now is his heart and toughness. The guy is slow as hell now and cant really stay in front of most 3's but he sure as hell tries hard all the time. On most good teams his hustle and intensity will spread creating an intense group.hES A GUY YOU WANT ON YOUR SQUAD.

:clap:

Lakersfan2483
07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
finally, we're piling up with nutcases :nod: Feels like NY basketball once again :D

Reminds me of the days of Anthony Mason, John Starks, etc....

LAKobeBryant
07-15-2013, 03:31 PM
can you see knicks playing melo at the center position in a regular rotation now and mwp at the 4?

BigBlueCrew
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
All we are saying is give Peace a chance!!!

:laugh: yes I had to say it :laugh:

29$JerZ
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Decent SF with size, charisma and hopefully ends the Shumpert as a SF experiment .
Nothing but good things for NY. Still need another big though.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Good pick up. One of my favorite players in the league. Already tweeted "Where Brooklyn At?" hahaha. Very excited for the Knicks/Nets games

nycericanguy
07-15-2013, 03:35 PM
He averaged almost 2 made 3 pointers per game last year, that's more than anyone on NY's roster aside from Melo who averaged 2.3 made 3's.

So this idea that he's some horrible shooter? Not sure where that's coming from, he'll be a good stretch 4 that can rebound and defend and provide some toughness.

Knicks got an $8m player for $1.6m, can't be mad

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Knicks fans will love World Peace, no pun intended. He's a team guy, plays hard every game and although he's lost a step or two defensively, you will never see him not put forth the necessary effort to help the team win. I am happy for Metta as a person as well, he's a good guy and deserves a chance to go back to his hometown.

WTF are you trying to fool? he's at best average. His defense has regressed, on top of that he's a nutcase. He's too slow for SG, he's not playing SF, PF on this team. Some of us watched your Laker games.

smood999
07-15-2013, 03:37 PM
OMG 1.6 Million that could of gone to...wait for it... Kenyon Martin instead is really gonna hurt us in the long run.

Kenyon can sign for 1.6 as well using the non bird exception

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 03:37 PM
MWP should be thankful he gets to join the Knicks. At least now he will get to feel what it's like to win basketball games.

Is this sarcasm or? I mean he was just a Laker and a ring ?

Yeah... This has to be sarcasm.

Chronz
07-15-2013, 03:39 PM
He and Melo were suppose to be teammates in Denver but Karl was too scared to pull the trigger

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Can we talk about how FUN it will be to watch Knicks/Nets games? God I am too excited

Dwill, JJ, Pierce, KG, Lopez, AK47, Blatche, Terry, Evans

vs

Felton JR Smith Shumpert MWP Melo Chandler Amare Bargnani Pablo (not saying thats the rotation)

So many different personalities and emotion. :clap:

Happy to say that I'll be within 30 minutes of New York City next year after graduating college

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:41 PM
someone post some good numbers of Metta last yr. cuz right now all I see is Brooklyn taking the Atlantic division.

JOhnnyTHaJet
He averaged almost 2 made 3 pointers per game last year, that's more than anyone on NY's roster aside from Melo who averaged 2.3 made 3's.

So this idea that he's some horrible shooter? Not sure where that's coming from, he'll be a good stretch 4 that can rebound and defend and provide some toughness.

Knicks got an $8m player for $1.6m, can't be mad
It's not about makes its about shooting percentages. He shot 40% from the field and 34% (average but not that overwhelming). He's just not that great of a shooter anymore.

I think his toughness and defensive IQ will be the biggest factor he brings over, besides that, you can't expect much on the offensive end.

Crackadalic
Good pickup. Again he's a 15-18 min guy off the bench now and can add more toughness. He's still a crazy nut but you need those to go far.

Crackadalic
07-15-2013, 03:44 PM
It's not about makes its about shooting percentages. He shot 40% from the field and 34% (average but not that overwhelming). He's just not that great of a shooter anymore.

I think his toughness and defensive IQ will be the biggest factor he brings over, besides that, you can't expect much on the offensive end.

Besides shumpert, who should really only guard pg/sg, we never had a wing defender on our squad last season. Not saying he can check those tops guys like Lebron etc but we actually have someone who can focus soley on just playing hard on defense on the lebrons gays pierce of the world

Lakerhead4ever
Great pick up because I think he will bring a lot of energy and toughness to a team that needs it.

But it's funny how everyone is saying how he's an elite defender now and how he's going to be great for the Knicks Lol. But with with the lakers he was called terrible, old, slow, and plenty other names by the same fans who are excited to have him now.

Funny how things work on psd..

KniCks4LiFe
Good pickup. Again he's a 15-18 min guy off the bench now and can add more toughness. He's still a crazy nut but you need those to go far.

the NBA referees disagree wit you.

NYKnickFanatic
If any other team signed him, it would have been a great pick up.

Nothing is better than having a player playing for your team, the team he grew up rooting for, from his hometown. I'll take that any day of the week. You guys say he is on his decline, that's fine.

NYKnickFanatic
07-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Great pick up because I think he will bring a lot of energy and toughness to a team that needs it.

But it's funny how everyone is saying how he's an elite defender now and how he's going to be great for the Knicks Lol. But with with the lakers he was called terrible, old, slow, and plenty other names.

Lol what posts have you been reading?

KniCks4LiFe

But it's funny how everyone is saying how he's an elite defender now and how he's going to be great for the Knicks Lol. But with with the lakers he was called terrible, old, slow, and plenty other names.

how is this a great pick up? please give me something factual about this pick up.

preach this ****!

AddiX
Nets fans coming in here talking about artest has regressed.

Y'all just traded for pierce and kg... Smh

Metta def has as much left as either of them do.

RiceOnTheRun
Good pick up. One of my favorite players in the league. Already tweeted "Where Brooklyn At?" hahaha. Very excited for the Knicks/Nets games

Can't wait for the first game.

I'm putting my money on a MWP + JR double elbow combo on Jason Terry.

Crackadalic
07-15-2013, 03:46 PM
the NBA referees disagree wit you.

Again he's not ask to be a starter and if he is he's not playing 30 mins like last season. Some players just play better in a reduce role.

nycericanguy
07-15-2013, 03:47 PM

34% from 3 is above average, especially for a PF.

Great shooter? Of course not, never was... but for a guy that shot a high volume of 3's and hit them at above average, and can play PF... that's pretty solid.

People are acting as if he's a horrible shooter was my point. He hit more 3's than any Knick outside of Melo... think about that... and NY was a team that hit more 3's than anyone!

RiceOnTheRun
Besides shumpert, who should really only guard pg/sg, we never had a wing defender on our squad last season. Not saying he can check those tops guys like Lebron etc but we actually have someone who can focus soley on just playing hard on defense on the lebrons gays pierce of the world

Yeah. Now we can throw MWP at Jason Collins.

KniCks4LiFe
@MettaWorldPeace

Where Brooklyn at?

this is really why it was done.

ewmania
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
people praised nets for bringing in old *** garnett and pierce but diss us about MWP

typical PSD lol

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM

In that sense, yes, he'll be needed to slow down some of the better 3's in the league.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 03:49 PM
someone post some good numbers of Metta last yr. cuz right now all I see is Brooklyn taking the Atlantic division.

Guy if your a brooklyn fan as well than just say it. In no way is Brooklyn leaps and bounds better than NY.

BigBlueCrew
07-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Guy if your a brooklyn fan as well than just say it. In no way is Brooklyn leaps and bounds better than NY.

He swears he's not. I gave him this same **** last season as well.

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Again he's not ask to be a starter and if he is he's not playing 30 mins like last season. Some players just play better in a reduce role.

If he's off the bench for 15 mins vs 2nd units I'll give it a chance. But this is crazy here. We're asking for trouble here. We couldn't control JR but now we add Metta on top of that?

Lakerhead4ever
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
This is a very unexpected pick up if you asked anyone a few weeks ago.

Fits what us old school knick fans been begging for, for years. More tough hrd nosed players. this is starting to look more like a Knicks team I can recognize.

Yayz. I really like this for the Knicks.

Im just happy we can put Shump and Metta on other teams' elite wings.

A lot of knock fans are ecstatic about this signing. These are just a few

Knick_Fever
07-15-2013, 03:52 PM
dp

KniCks4LiFe

We just brought a SF who's slow, can't guard the perimeter like he use to.

Metta, Melo and Barg all 3 have had injury issues the last 3 yrs. It's a big risk. The only good thing about this is the price isn't as steep.

The goods
Glad he didn't john the Clippers I would've had to hate him.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Peace will be highly motivated to rep for his home town. I say he continues his defensive aggression and makes a comeback offensively. Knicks vs Nets better be the opener. Cannot imagine how fun a playoff series will be between them. Haha I might be more excited than Knicks fans are of this acquisition.

Lakerhead4ever
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
He brings toughness to a Knick team who has 0 toughness. He also competes and uses no excuses. Just goes out there and plays the game like its his last, no matter how bad he's doing. Knicks need that.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
We just brought a SF who's slow, can't guard the perimeter like he use to.

Metta, Melo and Barg all 3 have had injury issues the last 3 yrs. It's a big risk. The only good thing about this is the price isn't as steep.

I guarantee you none of them sit out for any significant amount of time. Its amazing how healthy players can be when they are on contenders.

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
I guarantee you none of them sit out for any significant amount of time. Its amazing how healthy players can be when they are on contenders.

you guarantee it? so we're going to ignore health here? ok.

Metsboi69
07-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Nets fans coming in here talking about artest has regressed.

Y'all just traded for pierce and kg... Smh

Metta def has as much left as either of them do.

Just read this thread didn't see much of that, Knicks fans being very defensive. Anyway for basically the minimum this is a very good signing, should give the Knicks some fire for 15 minutes a night. But don't belittle Pierce and Garnett please. JUST Pierce and KG took the Knicks to 6 games, with the Nets depth they'll be even fresher, lets not compare their talent to MWP. "SMH."

Jarvo
07-15-2013, 03:57 PM
"Say Queensbridge" lmao but really idk what this pickup does for The Knicks.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 03:58 PM
34% from 3 is above average, especially for a PF.

Great shooter? Of course not, never was... but for a guy that shot a high volume of 3's and hit them at above average, and can play PF... that's pretty solid.

People are acting as if he's a horrible shooter was my point. He hit more 3's than any Knick outside of Melo... think about that... and NY was a team that hit more 3's than anyone!

I just think your reasoning is flawed. Just because he has more makes from 3 than anyone besides Melo still doesn't make him this fantastic 3 point shooter or even above average. He shot just as many 3's (412) as he did 2's. Think of it this way, he was 18th in 3 point attempts last year with 412, yet, 101st in 3 point percentage.

LAKobeBryant
07-15-2013, 03:59 PM

wasn't lakers a contending team beginning of the season last year? on paper.

TheNumber37
07-15-2013, 03:59 PM
nowadays you need two perimeter defenders. people say he has lost a step, which is fair, but he plays defense with Felton, Shump and Chandler now. much different than playing with aging kobe, old Nash and others on the perimeter...

I expect him to be a solid contributor. 12ppg 6rpg 3apg close to 2 steals.

this helps Shumpert a lot who won't have to guad the other teams best player All the time. seriously had shump defending everone from Paul, to George, to James last season..

now he can focus on the guards like he should.

Gibby23
07-15-2013, 04:00 PM
He will be a good defender if Tyson Chandler is healthy.

AddiX
07-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Just read this thread didn't see much of that, Knicks fans being very defensive. Anyway for basically the minimum this is a very good signing, should give the Knicks some fire for 15 minutes a night. But don't belittle Pierce and Garnett please. JUST Pierce and KG took the Knicks to 6 games, with the Nets depth they'll be even fresher, lets not compare their talent to MWP. "SMH."

Knicks took a few games lightly. Every game before that was a complete blowout, seems people forgot that.

nycericanguy
07-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I just think your reasoning is flawed. Just because he has more makes from 3 than anyone besides Melo still doesn't make him this fantastic 3 point shooter or even above average. He shot just as many 3's (412) as he did 2's. Think of it this way, he was 18th in 3 point attempts last year with 412, yet, 101st in 3 point percentage.

No, not flawed. I'm saying he's an above average 3 pt shooter, that hits alot of 3's... whats flawed about that?

And why are you so concerned?

JOhnnyTHaJet
people praised nets for bringing in old *** garnett and pierce but diss us about MWP

typical PSD lol

Pierce and Garnett are leaps and bounds better than Metta. Did you watch the NBA last season? What is with some of you? The second someone becomes a Knick they become immortal apparently.

TeamSeattle

Yea but were never a top 3 seed at any point of the season and always hovered near the bottom of the seeds all season; hence the difference.

3RDASYSTEM
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM

I think under a defensive minded coach he will be more focused but of course he's not the same DPOY back in like what 03 or 04'? him and O'Neal anchored the INDY d and he still has some scrap left in him, a lot of that, of course his side to side movement has lost its edge, ARTEST used to get owned by PIERCE but still was DPOY candidate, a older ARTEST is still solid, check the 10' finals, he can at least play that type of solid d,believe it or not

nycericanguy
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM

15 mpg? Come on now... the guy averaged 34mpg last year on a playoff team as a starter most the year? Now because he's on NY he's all of a sudden a 15mpg player? Kind of a steep dropoff no?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Yea but were never a top 3 seed at any point of the season and always hovered near the bottom of the seeds all season; hence the difference.

Knicks were #2 seed. How healthy was Amare during that time? Dude that argument makes no sense. There are countless examples of health being an issue even for contenders.
Yes, players will have more motivation to come back from a weak injury on contending teams but that doesn't belittle an ongoing injury problem itself.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-15-2013, 04:05 PM
No, not flawed. I'm saying he's an above average 3 pt shooter, that hits alot of 3's... whats flawed about that?

And why are you so concerned?

Whats flawed about that is he is not an above average 3 point shooter plain and simple. He is a decent defensive 3/4 who can play solidly on one and but will struggle on the other. What I don't understand is how once someone becomes a Knick all of a sudden when a flaw is brought up its "Knicks hate" or blasphemy. I'm just commenting on the signing, similar to how others from your fandom comment on Nets signings.

Captain Moroni
Happy for Metta. He will be missed. Good for the Knicks. Not what he use to be, but still a solid role player.

And this is exactly what the Knicks were looking for. A solid role player. We have superstar talent, we have scoring, we have a loaded bench. This is nothing more than adding to a solid team.
People talk about talent falling off, that pretty much sums up every player over 32. Kobe is not what he used to be, Wade is not what he used to be, Garnett and Peirce aren't close to what hey used to be. That is just the fact of getting older, But all of those players can still contribute and help a team win. Artest is no different,

Kmart last year was sitting home all winter until a 10 day contract brought him to the Knicks. he was so valuable down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Don't underestimate this move by a team that needed someone at his position. No knick fan expects him to be 2004 Ron Artest, just a bench guy that we really needed.

If Artest signed with the Spurs, Nets, Pacers or Clippers everyone would be applauding this as a great addition. Knicks did well here.

BigBlueCrew
15 mpg? Come on now... the guy averaged 34mpg last year on a playoff team as a starter most the year? Now because he's on NY he's all of a sudden a 15mpg player? Kind of a steep dropoff no?

did you see the crap in the "MWP clears waivers" thread? He's only gonna score 7 - 9 points a game. Must be because he's a knick now

JerseyPalahniuk

I would agree with you here. It's just that most of the Knicks fans here posted the very same thing saying he'll play 15-20 minutes of the bench. Kinda confusing. I would think he should start with Melo at the four and CHandler at 5.

Gibby23
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM

He played 75 games.

Riodagoat
You know your team sucks when you get excited about a MWP signing at this point of his career.

LAKobeBryant

But thats mainly because of injuries. your statement was players don't get injured on contending teams.

TeamSeattle
Knicks were #2 seed. How healthy was Amare during that time? Dude that argument makes no sense. There are countless examples of health being an issue even for contenders.
Yes, players will have more motivation to come back from a weak injury on contending teams but that doesn't belittle an ongoing injury problem itself.

Ok your mixing two different responses in this but i hear ya.

Captain Moroni
07-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I belive the Kirelenko signing was great for Brooklyn and this is just as important for the Knicks

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 04:07 PM
did you see the crap in the "MWP clears waivers" thread? He's only gonna score 7 - 9 points a game. Must be because he's a knick now

he scored 12ppg on an injury riddled Lakers team while playing 35 mpg. I don't think the Knicks should WANT him to score that much when you have Melo/Amare/Barg/Chandler as your bigs already. He should be used as a glue guy and occasionally slash toward to basket/shoot open threes.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
But thats mainly because of injuries. your statement was players don't get injured on contending teams.

I never said don't get injured. I said "out for a signficant amount of time", hence still the likelihood of small injuries.

KniCks4LiFe
please let us pick up Tyrus Thomas. :hope:

LAKobeBryant
He played 75 games.

Just Kobe doesn't mean you're a contending team.
im talking about the whole team everyone on roster missed multiple games.

Metsboi69
07-15-2013, 04:09 PM

So he's a starter? A sixth man? I LIKE THE SIGNING jesus. I just thought with the Knicks depth hed be good playing 15-20 minutes.

Gibby23
please let us pick up Tyrus Thomas. :hope:

WTF? Artest is better thab Thomas, but you want Thomas and not Artest?

JOhnnyTHaJet
I belive the Kirelenko signing was great for Brooklyn and this is just as important for the Knicks

Just a question, are you implying that they'll have the same impact or that they're important in terms of what each team could do with the money they had?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-15-2013, 04:10 PM

Agreed. One shouldnt compare the KG/Pierce signing with this at all. This is a much better comparison. Although I do believe AK is a better player at this point in their respective careers.

John Walls Era
07-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Everyone do the LT

:dance: