PDA

View Full Version : Aceves outrighted to AAA

-Lavigne43-
07-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 11m
Wow- Alfredo Aceves outrighted to Triple-A, this clearing a spot on the 40-man. Means he went unclaimed on outright waivers, despite options

Wow. I can't believe not a single team took a chance on him. I'm also not really sure why we DFA'ed him

Station 13
07-14-2013, 10:13 PM
To clear a roster spot. Guessing they will make a trade or promote someone.

AI
07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Wonder who we're going to promote or trade for.

-Lavigne43-
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 2m
I spoke to Alfredo Aceves the day he was optioned. He said he was hurt, "I can't pitch." Red Sox didn't think so

Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 1m
Aceves, who's tough to understand: "It may be the end of the season for me. Because yesterday I pull my oblique."

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 1m
Aceves removed from 40-man roster, clears waivers. Source says move was simply to clear spot; no countermove planned

Lackeyfan41
07-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 2m
I spoke to Alfredo Aceves the day he was optioned. He said he was hurt, "I can't pitch." Red Sox didn't think so

Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 1m
Aceves, who's tough to understand: "It may be the end of the season for me. Because yesterday I pull my oblique."

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 1m
Aceves removed from 40-man roster, clears waivers. Source says move was simply to clear spot; no countermove planned

what.....

Honestly, they just need to get rid of this guy. Stashing him at AAA is likely to be bad for players down there just trying to learn the game.

AI
07-15-2013, 01:55 AM
If you go back to the M's game where he pitched, he did clearly grimace after making a pitch as if he hurt himself. Also, I just read that he had told team officials when he got called up that something was definitely bothering him, so maybe Aceves is indeed hurt.

bagwell368
07-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Rumors persist that Sox in it for Garza - ugh.

grandsalami
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Rumors persist that Sox in it for Garza - ugh.

Only way we get garza Is if clay is out even longer. Other then that I don't see us trading did him

bagwell368
07-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Only way we get garza Is if clay is out even longer. Other then that I don't see us trading did him

Texas rumor seems stronger and makes much more sense...