8. Los Angeles Lakers
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. Dallas Mavericks
12. New Orleans Pelicans
13. Utah Jazz
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Pheonix Suns

Disclaimer, I don't think LAC goes to the Finals, just that they win the most regular season games. I think their depth and youth makes them best suited to do so.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Probably too early, and probably a terrible list:

1. Los Angeles Clippers
2. Oklahoma Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Houston Rockets
5. Golden St Warriors
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Los Angeles Lakers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. Dallas Mavericks
12. New Orleans Pelicans
13. Utah Jazz
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Pheonix Suns

Disclaimer, I don't think LAC goes to the Finals, just that they win the most regular season games. I think their depth and youth makes them best suited to do so.

while it seems like a safe bet to make, I highly doubt the same 8 teams will make the playoffs again.

ManRam
07-14-2013, 10:07 PM
while it seems like a safe bet to make, I highly doubt the same 8 teams will make the playoffs again.

For sure. I'd imagine one, maybe only two of those teams actually finish where I have them pegged. I'd be stunned if I got even 1/3rd of that close to correct. Crazy ****: it's gonna happen.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
For sure. I'd imagine one, maybe only two of those teams actually finish where I have them pegged. I'd be stunned if I got even 1/3rd of that close to correct. Crazy ****: it's gonna happen.

Yeah it's fun to try to predict rankings but INJURIES (unfortunately) will decide a significant portion of these rankings.

lakers4sho
07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Honestly, I think Kobe coming back before January is a long shot. That can affect things quite a bit.

RiceOnTheRun
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
1.Oklahoma Thunder
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Golden St Warriors
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Houston Rockets
6.Los Angeles Lakers
7.Memphis Grizzlies
8.Denver Nuggets
9.Portland Trail Blazers
10.Dallas Mavericks
11.Utah Jazz
12.Minnesota Timberwolves
13.New Orleans Pelicans
14.Sacramento Kings
15.Pheonix Suns
Tell me what yall is

Lakers over Memphis and Denver? Are you high?

Memphis beat the Clippers and a Westbrook-less Thunder. Lakers wouldn't beat either of those teams with their 2013-14 roster.

Denver lost plenty of nice pieces, but they still have youth over LA. Kobe probably won't be in full form until at least a month or two into the season. Not to mention Nash's health is also up in the air as well. This will definitely cost them a few crucial games in the beginning of the season that could affect the standings later on.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 10:24 PM
I've posted it a couple times now, but I still feel comfortable with this list:

1: OKC (this team is still absolutely loaded despite many doubters)

2: LAC (should be a tight division race with GS. Solid bench pickups)

3: GSW (main weakness is if they get hurt, but with one of the deeper benches can now afford it a bit)

4: Memphis (Will have a tough division race with the Spurs)

5: San Antonio (This may be low, but like KG said, I could see Duncan's minutes limited to 25. Still, a 1 seed would not be entirely shocking)

6: Houston (Until I see a legitimate PF, some bench scoring and while Lin is still their PG, I can't be as high on HOU as some. 3-6 is what I expect, but I'm leaning 6)

7: Denver (They're still a strong team without Iggy and I expect them to finish 2nd to OKC in the division)

8: Minnesota (A potentially healthy season of Pek+Rubio+Love will be nice, tho' losing AK47 + a weak D is an issue)

9: New Orleans (Young talent is big on this squad)

10: Mavs (This is on Dirk and his health. Calderon + Monta aren't going to help you win too many more)

11: Lakers (cringe-worthy defense. Maybe the worst)

12: Blazers (some decent moves, could surprise)

13+: Wiggins hunters.

Yeah it's fun to try to predict rankings but INJURIES (unfortunately) will decide a significant portion of these rankings.

Yeah, injuries and possibly mid-season trades (looking at Houston).

JEDean89
07-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Denver is gonna be in the playoffs, I put them at the 5th, 6th seed. If Gallo can come back by December, they could have Chandler and Gallo healthy together for the first time since the trade. I think they will be a 52-53 win team. Brian Shaw has some big shoes to fill but I will be impressed if he can just keep this team together right now. I really don't know what management is doing stacking the PF position and signing Randy ****ing Foye to 3 years 9 mil but hopefully they prove me wrong.

ManRam
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
All the gains Denver made last year defensively have flown right out the door. They'll regress.

Lombardi
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I like tredigs' rankings a lot with a few small differences.

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Golden State
4. Houston
5. Spurs
6. Memphis
7. Denver
8. Pellies

I underrate the Spurs every single year so if they go 3rd or 4th it wouldn't shock me in the slightest. Also have a slightly irrational liking towards the Pelicans roster. Mostly just excited to see them play, could be really fun to watch this year.

Jint.
07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Clippers
OKC
Spurs
Grizz
Rockets
Warriors
Nuggets
Wolves

just missed: Blazers

topdog
07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
1.Oklahoma Thunder
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Golden St Warriors
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Houston Rockets
6.Los Angeles Lakers
7.Memphis Grizzlies
8.Denver Nuggets
9.Portland Trail Blazers
10.Dallas Mavericks
11.Utah Jazz
13.New Orleans Pelicans
14.Sacramento Kings
15.Pheonix Suns
Tell me what yall is

Not very stimulating for conversation when you don't include reasoning. How the hell do the Lakers (after losing Howard, amnestying MWP and having Kobe out injured for a good portion of the season) project to be better than West semi-finalist Memphis?

Here's mine:

1. OKC: They've been the best in the regular season 2 years straight. Lamb and Adams probably are enough to make up for losing Martin

2. LAC: The rich keep getting richer. They still have some holes in the frontcourt but Reddick adds a new dimension to an already impressive team

3. San Antonio: Pop gets the most out of his guys always. Maybe we'll see a third year surge with more responsibility given to Kawhi

4. Memphis: Despite the coaching change and the offensive struggles, Memphis has been an improving team and is far more tested than the other available choices

5. Houston: Having elite players at the SG and C positions as well as a very valuable SF, a number of trade chips and a system to score sounds like a recipe for regular season success

6. Minnesota: call it my homer pick, but regular season records are about offense and the Wolves have a ton of it in Love, Pek, Martin and Budinger with Rubio running the show (playoffs are a different animal)

7. Golden State: lots of things went right last year so I'm going to assume that some bumps (likely to Bogut, Lee and/or Curry) will slow them down

8. New Orleans: with too many other teams having too many doubts and New Orleans aggressively trying to improve, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope to see some ridiculous pelican hats and T's come playoff time

9. Denver: Can their new coach effectively use Javale McGee and do they have the depth and shooting to stay relevant? I am most uneasy about leaving the Nuggets out of the playoffs, but they are on the downward trend.

10. Dallas: Dirk and Vince probably can will their mercenary buddies to keep things interesting as they pass another year in limbo

11. Portland: The Lillard-McCollum dynamic will be interesting to watch but I still don't see enough of a bench to keep the Blazers fresh when games 60+ come around

12. LAL: Gasol and Nash certainly are competitors and still "have it" but Kobe's out for a few months and no one much who matters will be around to help the playoff cause - the Wiggins cause on the other hand...

13. Utah: Interesting decision by the Jazz to not compete this year and rather take a long look at what they have in Favors/Kanter. Their trade with Golden State punts their free agent moves to 2014 offseason which may well be well played

14. Sacramento: Familiar territory with similar questions about talent and coaching. Can Cousins focus on the court (and stick to the interior)? Will someone actually direct the offense? MacLemore was a nice get, but so far he looks to have a bit of an adjustment period.

15. Phoenix: Youth abound and 82 games to figure out what sticks. I'm not sold on Kendall Marshall but Bledsoe and Dragic are quality PGs. Hard to say how Gortat performs with another down year and his replacement just drafted. Oh, and another year of Michael Beasley to look forward to! :D

goku
07-14-2013, 11:55 PM
its to early to tell right now I mean with injuries and wat not effecting the standings

1.Spurs " can the vets keep it going
2.Thunder "perkins is still starting at center and other then westbrook and KD
3.Clips "Griffin and mostly Jordan do anything other then dunk
4.Rockets "Will Harden and Dwight coexist
5.Warriors Curry ankles holding up along with bogut staying healthy
6.Griz "Coach change"
7.Denver coach change and losing AI2
8.Wolves Love staying healthy

SugeKnight
07-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Spurs
Warriors
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzlies
Mavericks
Nuggets
Blazers
Kings
Pelicans
Suns
Jazz
Lakers

Tony_Starks
07-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Not very stimulating for conversation when you don't include reasoning. How the hell do the Lakers (after losing Howard, amnestying MWP and having Kobe out injured for a good portion of the season) project to be better than West semi-finalist Memphis?

Here's mine:

1. OKC: They've been the best in the regular season 2 years straight. Lamb and Adams probably are enough to make up for losing Martin

2. LAC: The rich keep getting richer. They still have some holes in the frontcourt but Reddick adds a new dimension to an already impressive team

3. San Antonio: Pop gets the most out of his guys always. Maybe we'll see a third year surge with more responsibility given to Kawhi

4. Memphis: Despite the coaching change and the offensive struggles, Memphis has been an improving team and is far more tested than the other available choices

5. Houston: Having elite players at the SG and C positions as well as a very valuable SF, a number of trade chips and a system to score sounds like a recipe for regular season success

6. Minnesota: call it my homer pick, but regular season records are about offense and the Wolves have a ton of it in Love, Pek, Martin and Budinger with Rubio running the show (playoffs are a different animal)

7. Golden State: lots of things went right last year so I'm going to assume that some bumps (likely to Bogut, Lee and/or Curry) will slow them down

8. New Orleans: with too many other teams having too many doubts and New Orleans aggressively trying to improve, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope to see some ridiculous pelican hats and T's come playoff time

9. Denver: Can their new coach effectively use Javale McGee and do they have the depth and shooting to stay relevant? I am most uneasy about leaving the Nuggets out of the playoffs, but they are on the downward trend.

10. Dallas: Dirk and Vince probably can will their mercenary buddies to keep things interesting as they pass another year in limbo

11. Portland: The Lillard-McCollum dynamic will be interesting to watch but I still don't see enough of a bench to keep the Blazers fresh when games 60+ come around

12. LAL: Gasol and Nash certainly are competitors and still "have it" Kobe's out for a few months and no one much who matters will be around to help the playoff cause - the Wiggins cause on the other hand...

13. Utah: Interesting decision by the Jazz to not compete this year and rather take a long look at what they have in Favors/Kanter. Their trade with Golden State punts their free agent moves to 2014 offseason which may well be well played

14. Sacramento: Familiar territory with similar questions about talent and coaching. Can Cousins focus on the court (and stick to the interior)? Will someone actually direct the offense? MacLemore was a nice get, but so far he looks to have a bit of an adjustment period.

15. Phoenix: Youth abound and 82 games to figure out what sticks. I'm not sold on Kendall Marshall but Bledsoe and Dragic are quality PGs. Hard to say how Gortat performs with another down year and his replacement just drafted. Oh, and another year of Michael Beasley to look forward to! :D

Shouldn't we at least wait until October before we officially declare Kobe as out for a good portion of the season?

goku
07-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Shouldn't we at least wait until October before we officially declare Kobe as out for a good portion of the season?

torn Achilles at age 35 there is no need to wait we know even if he comes back early u expect him to be playing at the level he was before the injury I understand he is kobe but father time is still undefeated and will always be

seikou8
07-15-2013, 12:44 AM
1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Golden State
4. Spurs
5. rockets
6. Memphis
7. Denver
8. Lakers

okc will still be top of conference being that have best 1-3 punch in west and martin was nothing more that spot up shooter for them. clips have improved and there offseason is not over yet they will be better doc will get the most of dj and blake griffin.if gs is healthy they can do some damage they add iggy and several other additions to improve there defense. Houston will have growing pains but overall be better basketball team. spurs will be a bit worse being other teams have improved but they will ready and never count them out.

Lakersfan2483
07-15-2013, 12:46 AM
1. OKC Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Los Angeles Clippers
4. Houston Rockets
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Dallas Mavericks

tredigs
07-15-2013, 12:48 AM
torn Achilles at age 35 there is no need to wait we know even if he comes back early u expect him to be playing at the level he was before the injury I understand he is kobe but father time is still undefeated and will always be

Not at 34/35 he sure isn't. Jordan led the league in points, WinShares and was MVP + FMVP at 34. Kareem led showtime in pts/rbs/blks through the playoffs at age 37 and won FMVP. Even in front of our eyes, Duncan's All NBA 1st team at 36.

That said, these guys are all better players and were on better team imo (and weren't coming off of injury), but Kobe's not too old to get it done. The Lakers having the worst D in the league while having a few too many chuckers on offense will be an issue, though.

goku
07-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Not at 34/35 he sure isn't. Jordan led the league in points, WinShares and was MVP + FMVP at 34. Kareem led showtime in pts/rbs/blks through the playoffs at age 37 and won FMVP. Even in front of our eyes, Duncan's All NBA 1st team at 36.

That said, these guys are all better players and were on better team imo (and weren't coming off of injury), but Kobe's not too old to get it done. The Lakers having the worst D in the league while having a few too many chuckers on offense will be an issue, though.

big men last longer not to mention they play closer to the basket also .....kobe can get it done but this isn't kobe from 5 yrs ago eventually he will start declining coming off a major injury at 35 could speed up his regression

tredigs
07-15-2013, 01:08 AM
big men last longer not to mention they play closer to the basket also .....kobe can get it done but this isn't kobe from 5 yrs ago eventually he will start declining coming off a major injury at 35 could speed up his regression

I think what you're saying is that athleticism is less important for big men than SGs, which I agree. He'll have more retooling to do to remain elite this year.

topdog
07-15-2013, 01:09 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-far-ahead-of-rehab-schedule-20130710,0,1191836.story?track=rss

This article says he is "far ahead" of schedule but that the middle of training camp is the earliest he'll be ready to play. That's the earliest. It could be another 3 months. So, maybe Kobe comes back sooner, but the odds are that he sits out, he isn't the usual Kobe for awhile, or there's a good chance he sustains a related injury.

I mean, Ricky Rubio was supposedly doing great with his rehab last year but he didn't play until December and he wasn't himself until a couple months after that.

NBA-GMaster
07-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Hmm.. Let's see..
1.San Antonio Spurs (The Western champs, with Neal on restricted possibly go or not plus addition of Bellineli makes them a much better team)
2.Oklahoma Thunder (I think Thunder and Clippers are a little bit tie, but Russell Westbrook(current 2nd best PG) and Kevin Durant (current 2nd best player) make differences)
3.Los Angeles Clippers (Much improve core players with Collison and Redick)
4.Golden St Warriors (I should've put Houston here but their bench are much better than the Rockets)
5.Houston Rockets (with Dwight(former no.1 center) and Harden (consensus no.1 SG) just the same team with Thunder, w/ 2 top 10 players but not much have a good bench)
6.Memphis Grizzlies (they showed what they can do in the playoffs and beat Clippers and Thunder but can they do it again w/ their new coach)
7.Denver Nuggets (Even without Iggy they can still be a contender with the return of Gallinari)
8. Portland Trail Blazers (For a new start, better teammates McCollum, Robinson and Lopez became much better teams)
9. New Orleans Pelicans (I'd put New Orleans above Dallas and LA, I' m very intrigue with Holiday(last yr allstar player) and Evans(former ROY))
10. Los Angeles Lakers (Good news, Lakers are still better than Cuban's team, with Kaman, Young and another good addition player they can still fight for the 7th and 8th spot again)
11. Dallas Mavericks (Ellis is a good addition for the team but the question is, can he blend with the team plus they dont have a great/good starting center to sign)
12. Minnesota Timberwolves (A big loss to lose AK47 and Ridnour will hurt them in this conference)
13. Phoenix Suns (Dont know what team are they building? Adding Len, Bledsoe and Butler will cause less minutes for Gortat, Dragic and Beasley)
14. Sacramento Kings (McClemore is still an unproven top rookie and this team still weak in PG and SF spot)
15. Utah Jazz (Trey Burke alone cannot make this team a contender, its obvious they're in Tanking mode)

=P

abe_froman
07-15-2013, 01:20 AM
1.spurs
2.okc
3.clippers
4.rockets
5.w's
6.grizz
7.den
8.lakers

Jarvo
07-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Spurs
Thunder
Grizz
Warriors
Clippers
Rockets
Nuggets
Pelicans
Lakers

cmellofan15
07-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I find it hilarious that people have Denver dropping from the 3rd seed to completely out of the playoffs, where they haven't been in 9 years.

Chronz
07-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I find it hilarious that people have Denver dropping from the 3rd seed to completely out of the playoffs, where they haven't been in 9 years.

Thats the West brah

AI4MVP
07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the lack of recognition for the Wolves.

Rubio, Martin, Love, Pekovic. This team will make the playoffs with ease if healthy, and make substantial noise.

AI4MVP
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
****ing idiots who think the Lakers will get in. Nothing has happened except replacing the best center in the NBA with a below average center, adding a bunch of scrubs, and losing your star player for at least half the season.

Lo Porto
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
West Contenders (teams that can make the Finals) - SA, Thunder, Clippers

Really great playoff teams but not quite West Contenders - Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets

Playoff bubble teams - Dallas, Portland, Lakers, Minny, Denver, NO

Not making the playoffs - Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix

RLundi
07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Lol Lakers fans having the Lakers anywhere near spots 1-7. 8th spot is the most optimistic, assuming Kobe is healthy and Nash and Pau don't regress with age (doubtful). More than likely they'll fall between 8-10:

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Warriors
6. Rockets
7. Nuggets
8. Timberwolves
9. Lakers
10. Mavericks
11. Trailblazers
12. Pelicans
13. Kings
14. Suns
15. Jazz

aTinyPanda
07-15-2013, 12:33 PM
I just really do not understand how anyone could think that the Lakers are going to compete for a playoff spot this year. They barely got in last season, with the best center in the league and a healthy Kobe. Nash is going to miss 20+ games, Kobe is going to miss 20+ games, Pau will likely miss a fair chunk as well. They have insanely bad defense. There is no way this team competes for a spot IMO.

1. Thunder (Westy comes back healthy, Durant progresses a bit like usual, team dominates regular season)

2. Clippers (Great upgrades on the wing. Redick should really bolster CP3's ability to get to the rim/kick and punish)

3. Spurs (I could see them sliding to 5, or being 1. Hard to say with a team this old, but they will be in the mix for sure. Really depends on Pop's regular season minute distribution)

4. Grizz (They may struggle offensively at times, but there are few better teams at team defense and that really pays off in the regular season. They work hard without working too hard individually. Gasol is a beast)

5. Rockets (Hit many hiccups during season 1. Bench struggles at time, but still come out with a respectable record. I just don't see a team with great scoring in Harden, and elite post defense failing to win in the regular season)

6. Warriors (Obviously they made a great move with getting Iggy, but I'm not convinced they didn't way out-perform their roster last season.)

7/8. Nuggets (Big losses on the defensive end. Have plenty of youth. IMO the organization is taking a big risk with the team this season. New coach, new system. Lets see how it plays out)

7/8. Wolves (All hinges on their health. Martin and a healthy Love, and Bud should stretch the floor. Free up Pek in the post and let Rubio run wild. Defense could be an issue. Lets see how Brewer helps shore that up)

9. Blazers (really like this team. Could slide up 2 spots if the chemistry on the wings turns out better than I tend to expect at this point)

10. Pelicans
11/12. Mavs
11/12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Jazz
15. Suns

Oefarmy2005
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
The way it sits right now:
1) Spurs
2) Thunder
3) Clippers
4) Rockets
5) Grizzlies
6) Warriors
7) Nuggets
8) Wolves/Blazers
9) Wolves/Blazers
10) Pelicans
11) Lakers
12) Jazz
13) Maverics
14) Kings
15) Suns

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
this is how i see it as of now...

1) Clippers
2) Thunder
3) Spurs
4) Warriors
5) Rockets
6) Grizzlies
7) Nuggets
8) Blazers
9) Timberwolves
10) Pelicans
11) Lakers
12) Jazz
13) Mavericks
14) Kings
15) Suns

not that i think the clippers are the best team in the west, i just think that with their depth they are suited to win a lot of games during the regular season, while the spurs will take a small step back, and the thunder will be up there as always but like miami they're a team just waiting for the real season to begin.

3baller9
07-15-2013, 02:03 PM
1. Oklahoma City Thunder - They still have RW and KD and while Martin is gone I believe Jackson and Lamb can and will make up for him...

2. Los Angeles Clippers - They are a deep team playing in IMO the easiest western division with GSW as their only real competition...

3. San Antonio Spurs - There won't be any easy games in the Southwest division this season that is why I have Spurs behind OKC and the Clippers...

4. Golden State Warriors - They were the 6th seed without Iggy and with Bogut out for much of the last season. They are still a young team able to improve form within and if they stay somewhat healty I can't see who can take the 4th seed away from them...

5. Houston Rockets - They are heading into their first season together with Howard and should be championship contender for years to come but they play in IMO the toughest division in the NBA and like I said it's their first year...

6. Memphis Grizzlies - Competition is getting better while the Grizzlies are standing still and that can only mean falling down the standings. Having to face San Antonio and the Rockets 4 times won't help either....

7. Portland Trail Blazers - Greatly improved bench and defense IMO (Robin Lopez, Dorell Wright, C.J. McCollum and Thomas Robinson) and the fact that if they didn't finish the season with 0-13 record they'd be right around 0.500 last year...

8. Minnesota Timberwolves - I am giving Minny an edge over Dallas and NOP simply because they don't have to play the Spurs, Grizzlies and the Rockets 4 times...

9. Dallas Mavericks

10. New Orleans Pelicans

11. Denver Nuggets

12. Los Angeles Lakers

13. Sacramento Kings

14. Utah Jazz

15. Pheonix Suns

sunnydayin'zona
07-15-2013, 02:29 PM
1.Oklahoma Thunder
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Golden St Warriors
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Houston Rockets
6.Los Angeles Lakers
7.Memphis Grizzlies
8.Denver Nuggets
9.Portland Trail Blazers
10.Dallas Mavericks
11.Utah Jazz
13.New Orleans Pelicans
14.Sacramento Kings
15.Pheonix Suns
Tell me what yall is

Man, I hope you're right! :D

FOBolous
07-15-2013, 02:51 PM
1, Clippers - deepest and most talented team in the NBA?

2. Memphis - obligatory cause they kept the team that reached the Conference Finals intact

3. Thunder - got worse imo. Westbrook is questionable and they now don't have a sixth man

4. Spurs - role players are young but core players are getting older and non of the young players, imo, are good enough to replace any of the core players. but Pop will keep them competitive.

5. Rockets - kept the young, potential-filled rotation from last year intact (minus Deflino. hes not that young anyways) while adding Howard. plus the Rockets have the league's best SG and best C.

6. Warriors - great team. Curry's ankles and losing a capable PG that could back up Curry in the event he gets injured makes the Warriors questionable despite adding Iguodala

7. Pelicans - they have a REALLY young and REALLY talented starting 5. Jehru Holiday, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Ryan Anderson, and Anthony Davis? I think they will surprise a lot of people.

8. Lakers - think they could finish 8, 9, or 10 depending on how soon Kobe returns from his injury, how well he can play post-injury, and how well Nash ages. However, now that Pau Gasol should keep the team fairly competitive now that he doesn't have to worry about accommodating Howard anymore and assuming D'Antoni will use him correctly,

9. Wolves - could finish 8, 9, or 10. has a young, talented team. could've been in the running for a playoff spot last year if it wasn't for injures.

10. Mavericks - could finish 8, 9, or 10 depending on how healthy Dirk is, how well he plays, and how the team meshes with all the new players.

11. Trailblazers

12. Nuggest - not only did they lose key players, they lost Coach Karl. Coach Karl was who that kept this team competitive.

13. Kings

14. Jazz -

15. Suns - what are they even doing?

VCaintdead17
07-15-2013, 03:06 PM
OKC
Clippers
Spurs
Grizzles
Rockets
Warriors
Nuggets
Blazers
Timberwolves
Mavs
Lakers
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz
Suns

Cali4rnia
07-15-2013, 03:26 PM
1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. Golden State
5. Clippers
6. Memphis
7. Denver
8. Lakers

5ass
07-15-2013, 03:43 PM
1.OKC
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Houston
5.Warriors
6.Memphis
7.Wolves
8.Pelicans

Supreme LA
07-15-2013, 04:27 PM
These Lakers haters are absolutely right. It would take a miracle for the Lakers to get into the playoffs this season with their current roster and Kobe would have to play like one of the greatest players of all-time for them to get anywhere higher than the 7th seed.

I guess we'll see.

Chronz
07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Going by my gut instinct

Rockets (Best trio in the league, one of the best defenses in the league)
OKC (Declining talent)
Clippers (Solid additions, potential for 2nd seed)
Warriors (See Above)
Spurs (Decline time)
Grizzlies (Lost their coach and got older, barring Gasol emergence, this team declines)
Timberwolves (Should be a great offensive unit whos defense holds them back)
Nuggets (Lawson likely to have his best year, depth becoming less of a strength for this team could go ahead of Minny)
Blazers
Lakers (Kobe wont be ready in time to save the season, dont care when he starts playing, he wont be himself for months IMO)
Mavs (Dirk+Vet experience puts this team in a class with LA)
Pelicans (Mishmash of talent that should be good enough to compete with LAL, too bad Lakers suck now)
Jazz
Kings
Suns

Chromehounds
07-15-2013, 05:36 PM
1.Oklahoma Thunder
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Golden St Warriors
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Houston Rockets
6.Los Angeles Lakers
7.Memphis Grizzlies
8.Denver Nuggets
9.Portland Trail Blazers
10.Dallas Mavericks
11.Utah Jazz
13.New Orleans Pelicans
14.Sacramento Kings
15.Pheonix Suns
Tell me what yall is

1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Warriors
4. Rockets
5. Nuggets
6. Grizllies
7. Spurs
8. Blazers

Sorry but I don't see the Lakers cracking the top 10. Kobe is not a sure shot of coming back 100% or coming back at all next year. Nash and Gasol are coming off injuries plagued season. The Lakers might even go into Tanking mode next year.

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2013, 05:41 PM
1. Clippers
2. Rockets
3. Thunder
4. Grizzlies
5. Spurs
6. Warriors
7. Nuggets
8. Timberwolves

showtym24
07-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Lmao so many laker haters. Delusional. If kobe and nash stay relatively healthy we will win 50 games. But if kobe misses alot of time/isnt the same for a while we could miss the playoffs.

Craptors84
07-15-2013, 05:51 PM
1. OKC
2. Houston
3. GSW
4. Clippers
5. Spurs
6. Grizz
7 & 8. Tight crazy battle between DEN, POR, LAL, MIN, NOP, DAL

aTinyPanda
07-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Lmao so many laker haters. Delusional. If kobe and nash stay relatively healthy we will win 50 games. But if kobe misses alot of time/isnt the same for a while we could miss the playoffs.

So if the delusional haters are saying the Lakers will miss the playoffs because Kobe might not be 100% or get back in time to save the season.... how exactly is that different from what you just said? It's just a matter of what you think is more likely. I think it's more likely Kobe doesn't come back 100% and can't save the season. You obviously don't. How are either of those things delusional?

5ass
07-15-2013, 06:19 PM

do you even understand what you type?

ManRam
07-15-2013, 06:23 PM

you basically admit that it's understandable to rank the lakers basically anywhere, yet you're calling people "laker haters" for not suggesting they'll make the playoffs, even though you just said yourself that it's possible.

:confused:

edit: was beaten to the punch. glad i'm not the only one whose head hurt after reading that

ztilzer31
07-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Only Lakers fans would call someone a hater for thinking they'd be worse after they lost the best Center in the league.

It's those type of posts that just baffle me. We get it you have faith in your team. Doesn't mean you have to be ridiculous about it.

1. LAC
2. OKC
3. SA
4. HOU
5. GS
6. MEM
7. MIN
8. DAL

I keep flip flopping on this. Think the West could really end up weird next year, but LAC probably has the best roster as far as depth, and size goes. Garnet is the type of player that can go into any team and play well IMO. I don't know how long it'll take Houston to gel.

Hawkeye15
07-15-2013, 06:33 PM
1.OKC (just a ton of chemistry, should win a lot of regular season games)

2.LAC (love the additions in the offseason, they are ready to contend)

3.Houston (still a work in progress, but a great trio in Harden/Dwight/Parsons)

4.San Antonio (every year we predict their decline. Nothing new here)

5.Memphis (defense will be great, but their offense is just nothing special)

6.Golden State (tough one for me here. I think they overachieved, and they are a Curry/Bogut likely injury from falling, but the talent is there)

7.Minnesota (should have a top 3-5 offense if healthy, if they can even land top 15-18 in defense while doing so, this is a lock)

8.Portland (bolstered their bench in the draft/FA)

9.Denver (their offseason is going horrific. I see a drop)

10.New Orleans (the talent is in place. Now come the growing pains)

11.LAL (Kobe is not going to save their season. By the time he gets right, which might not be all year, they will be too far behind)

12.Dallas (missed on everyone, settled for players that will simply make them a 30-32 win team)

13.Utah (their frontcourt and PG are guys who are first time starters. Too tough in the west)

14.Sacramento (will they ever figure it out)

15.Phoenix (they finally have a plan, and a GM I like, but they know they need to suck, bad, before they can build again. Wiggins draft candidate for tank job)

Supreme LA
07-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I really want to see what a lot of you guys feel about Kobe if/when he pushes his team into the playoffs and at a higher seed than 8. So far, everyone is counting them out.

tredigs
07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I really want to see what a lot of you guys feel about Kobe if/when he pushes his team into the playoffs and at a higher seed than 8. So far, everyone is counting them out.

You won't like to hear this, but I think a bigger burden rests on Pau, as Kobe stopped playing D a few years ago and you have no other +defenders. So whatever paint protection he can offer will be crucial. He'll also need to step up his offensive game, which I think is possible alongside Nash and without Dwight. We will see. I have them as outside candidates for a 1st round bludgeoning, but I like a couple other teams chances better.

Plus, all of this "you'll see what happens in X months!" from overzealous Laker homers was used up last year when we were promised the dethroning of the Heat from them and many others just did not see the team fitting together nicely. Might be best to just sit quiet for a year.

aTinyPanda
07-15-2013, 07:54 PM

I mean.. why would we care if that happens, aside from maybe one of our own teams being kicked out of the playoffs? These predictions aren't life or death situations. I think I could live with the fact that the Lakers made the playoffs, even though I didn't think they would in the middle of July. Maybe. It'd be a tough fact to swallow.

The bottom line is, we don't have a personal vendetta against your team just because we don't think they'll make the playoffs for one season. I happen to be a huge huge Kobe fan. I just don't see it this season, as it stands now. Don't take it as a slight against your franchise.

torocan
07-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Not sure I can peg rankings so precisely, especially with trades still in progress.

Here's what I'm thinking...

1-3 Spurs, OKC, Clippers. I can see any of these teams in the top spot during the regular season. People keep saying the Spurs are on their way down... they were literally 20s from another Championship. OKC lost Harden, but assuming RW is good they'll be in the mix. And the Clippers not only got better players but they now have Doc... that's a heck of a coaching upgrade.

4-6 Rockets, GSW, Memphis. Could go any way in this range. GSW and Rockets are both very young and have made substantial roster changes. Memphis is still Memphis, but they changed coaches. A lot will depend on team chemistry and how the new coach does for Memphis. I wouldn't be surprised with any of those teams in 4th or 6th.

7-8 Ok, this is really tough. Denver should be better but you don't lose the EoY AND the CoY at the same time and not pay a price. Portland should be better and in the race for a spot. Minnesota gets the obligatory "If they're healthy" factor. NO was playing REALLY well in the last half of the season and I expect them to be right in the mix for a play off spot.

9-10 Close but no cigar. Lakers, Dallas, and Utah all fit in this spot. Lakers lost Dwight, amnestied MWP, and Kobe's coming off injury. I just don't see it happening. Dirk is still good but it's going to take more to get him back in the play offs than what they have. Utah jettisoned all their Vets, so they have a young and promising team but I just don't see them competing in the West.

This will likely all change given a few more trades of course.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-15-2013, 10:39 PM
1) Spurs
2) Warriors
3) Thunder
4) Clippers
5) Rockets
6) Grizzlies
7) Nuggets
8) Timberwolves/Mavericks/Blazers
11) Pelicans
12) Lakers
13) Jazz
14) Kings
15) Suns

Monta is beast
07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
1) Thunder
2) Clippers
3) Spurs
4) Warriors
5) Grizzlies
6) Rockets
7) Nuggets
8) Timberwolves

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2013, 10:54 PM

I think you're underestimating how badly Mike D'Antoni sucks as a coach of the Lakers. Even with Dwight Howard, it was hard for them to get into the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
1. Clippers-homer pick
2. OKC-still probably the best team. Didn't have Westbrook for playoffs
3. Spurs-don't think the decline will come this year, but they won't win the regular season
4. Golden State-could win the Conference if they gel.
5. Houston-boom or bust type team this year. I can see them being 1-7. I'll guess low middle.
6. Memphis-didn't take a step forward, a few teams did. Could still be VERY tough.
7. Denver-still very good but took a major step back, still can't figure out why
8. Minnesota- will be healthier without doubt
9. Portland- have Aldridge, Lillard, Batum
10. Lakers- could be higher depending on when Bryant can play
11. New Orleans- better players but how will they fit?
12. Dallas- the collapse is complete
13. Sacramento- improved but still not good, may yet make a trade
14. Utah- tanking
15. Phoenix- same, but may try to be good.

I think the West is pretty wide open from 1-6 and 7-13. There is a clear line in the sand from 6 to 7 IMO.

lol, please
07-16-2013, 01:03 AM
I'll cosign Tredigs list. Best of them all.

Clippersfan86
07-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Not sure I can peg rankings so precisely, especially with trades still in progress.

Here's what I'm thinking...

1-3 Spurs, OKC, Clippers. I can see any of these teams in the top spot during the regular season. People keep saying the Spurs are on their way down... they were literally 20s from another Championship. OKC lost Harden, but assuming RW is good they'll be in the mix. And the Clippers not only got better players but they now have Doc... that's a heck of a coaching upgrade.

4-6 Rockets, GSW, Memphis. Could go any way in this range. GSW and Rockets are both very young and have made substantial roster changes. Memphis is still Memphis, but they changed coaches. A lot will depend on team chemistry and how the new coach does for Memphis. I wouldn't be surprised with any of those teams in 4th or 6th.

7-8 Ok, this is really tough. Denver should be better but you don't lose the EoY AND the CoY at the same time and not pay a price. Portland should be better and in the race for a spot. Minnesota gets the obligatory "If they're healthy" factor. NO was playing REALLY well in the last half of the season and I expect them to be right in the mix for a play off spot.

9-10 Close but no cigar. Lakers, Dallas, and Utah all fit in this spot. Lakers lost Dwight, amnestied MWP, and Kobe's coming off injury. I just don't see it happening. Dirk is still good but it's going to take more to get him back in the play offs than what they have. Utah jettisoned all their Vets, so they have a young and promising team but I just don't see them competing in the West.

This will likely all change given a few more trades of course.

:clap:

Yogieye
07-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Spurs
Clippers
OKC
Memphis
Houston
Golden State
Nuggets
Lakers
Dallas
Minnesota
Portland
Pelicans
Sac
Suns
Jazz

Bostonjorge
07-16-2013, 03:54 AM
1. Clippers
2. Okc
3. GS
4. Spurs
5. Lakers
6. Houston
7. Memphis
8. Denver

Silent
07-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Thunder
Rockets
Clippers
Warriors
Spurs
Grizz
Pelicans
Nuggets

shep33
07-16-2013, 04:15 AM
I think we can surprise some people if we're healthy. Fully healthy, I like this year's team better than last years.

Nash/Farmar/Blake
Kobe/Meeks/Young/Johnson
Young/Johnson
Pau/Hill
Kaman/Sacre

But again.. we're old and hurt, so I can't estimate how well we'll do at this stage. Either way, I love how everyone is on a one year deal

Guppyfighter
07-16-2013, 04:28 AM
I think we can surprise some people if we're healthy. Fully healthy, I like this year's team better than last years.

Nash/Farmar/Blake
Kobe/Meeks/Young/Johnson
Young/Johnson
Pau/Hill
Kaman/Sacre

But again.. we're old and hurt, so I can't estimate how well we'll do at this stage. Either way, I love how everyone is on a one year deal

Looks like a team that's not as good as most teams out west.

DanG
07-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Spurs
OKC
Warriors
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzlies
Trail Blazers
Lakers
Nuggets
Mavs

Asik's better
07-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Spurs- there still the spurs. They still got a year or two left
OKC- still a great team lead by a future MVP. Just need ibaka to take a leap forward to take the next step.
Clippers/houston- could go either way for the 3rd and 4th seed. A lot depends on their big men.
Warriors- made good step forwards. A lot depends on the development of curry/Barnes/klay
Memphis- haven't made a lot of improvements, lost a good coach and really just a year older.
Denver/lakers/Dallas will fight for the last two spots. For lakers and dallas, a lot depends on how healthy they are. And there are too many unknowns involving the nuggets.
The rest.

RollingWave
07-16-2013, 07:57 AM
I'll make a slightly bolder take.

OKC
HOU
LAC
SAS
MEM
GSW
MIN
DEN

The underlying assumption of point differential that these teams started at, and the career trajectory of where most players on those teams are at.

RollingWave
07-16-2013, 08:08 AM
I think you're underestimating how badly Mike D'Antoni sucks as a coach of the Lakers. Even with Dwight Howard, it was hard for them to get into the playoffs.

Or simply, that the last time a star big left the Lakers, and Kobe wasn't fully healthy, the Lakers totally killed it to the tune of 34-48 right?

Granted, Pau and Nash is better than Odom and Butler, but Kobe is almost 8 years older

todu82
07-16-2013, 08:20 AM
1) Thunder
2) Clippers
3) Rockets
4) Warriors
5) Grizzlies
6) Spurs
7) Timberwolves
8) Pelicans

Ty_Lawson
07-16-2013, 12:17 PM
1.)sas
2.)okc
3.)lac
4.)den/gsw
5.)gsw/den
6.)hou
7.)mem
8.)nop

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Spurs
Thunder
Rockets
Grizz
Warriors
Lakers
Twolves
Nuggets

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 12:28 PM
I think the twolves are being under estimated this year.

pek.johnson.deing
Love.williams
Brewer.budinger.cunningham
martin.shved
Rubio.barea

Hawkeye15
07-16-2013, 12:35 PM

pek.johnson.deing
Love.williams
martin.shved
Rubio.barea

don't forget that piece of crap Shabazz

smith&wesson
07-16-2013, 12:38 PM
don't forget that piece of crap Shabazz

Lol that's right..

Seriously though I'm looking forward to the twolves this year. I think this is the year it all comes together and they make the post season while making some noise and really pushing teams.. specially if love & rubio stay healthy.. I can see them putting up a very respectable season with the wings they've added.

will be an exciting team to watch

aTinyPanda
07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Lol that's right..

Seriously though I'm looking forward to the twolves this year. I think this is the year it all comes together and they make the post season while making some noise and really pushing teams.. specially if love & rubio stay healthy.. I can see them putting up a very respectable season with the wings they've added.

will be an exciting team to watch

Can't blame people that aren't fans of the franchise for doubting them tbh. I could see the team in the 10/11 spot in the West just as easily as the 6/7/8. Really depends on if the team stays healthy, and how the defense turns out.

Sly Guy
07-16-2013, 12:54 PM
a 15-way tie for both first and last with records of 0.000

Nihenben
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Actually father time is not undefeated. He's been defeated plenty of times now by PED users.

fresh prince
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Father Time has taken his share of beat downs

Raul Ibanez is currently kicking FT's *** and here are some others to take down Father Time:

Bernard Hopkins
The Dos Equis man
Heather Locklear
George Foreman
Dick Bavetta
Keith Richards
The guy that host Jeopardy

Kobe could be next in that group. The guy has an insane work ethic and is supposedly 3 months ahead of schedule

Nihenben
07-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Only Lakers fans would call someone a hater for thinking they'd be worse after they lost the best Center in the league.

It's those type of posts that just baffle me. We get it you have faith in your team. Doesn't mean you have to be ridiculous about it.

1. LAC
2. OKC
3. SA
4. HOU
5. GS
6. MEM
7. MIN
8. DAL

I keep flip flopping on this. Think the West could really end up weird next year, but LAC probably has the best roster as far as depth, and size goes. Garnet is the type of player that can go into any team and play well IMO. I don't know how long it'll take Houston to gel.

Only a Laker hater would fail to notice that they added the best center in the league last year and got worse.

Vinny642
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM

IF KOBE STAYS HEALTHY.... wtf does that mean? He isnt healthy right now... and you guys lost Dwight, MWP and Clark..... I am not scared of the Lakers

Vinny642
07-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Loving this Pelican love btw, and I dont see how the Nuggets drop so much, nor how the Lakers are rated over them

Vinny642
07-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Nash is a year older too, their guard defense is NON Existent even when Kobe plays, ad they lost Dwight for a non defensive C.... coool beans

tp13baby
07-16-2013, 01:59 PM

pek.johnson.deing
Love.williams
martin.shved
Rubio.barea

Don't bring that into the Nuggets forum because they will put you down. I agree completely though.

OKC
LAC
SAS
GSW
MEM
HOU
DEN
MIN

Oefarmy2005
07-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Health and depth are the main issues for NO. They need Gordon healthy to be a legit threat to make the playoffs but the addition of Jrue is huge. The guy is arguably a top 10 PG. Evans isn't a bad pickup either, especially if you can shift him to SF. I personally think they are a couple of years away, but fans always fall in love with young promising rosters - see Cleveland in the East who have the same injury concerns for Bynam, Verijao and even Kyrie. To me, the pelicans still need a legit center to be in contention for the playoffs and make some noise, but as history shows - any team can over achieve - see GS, who are actually a much better team this year.

Oefarmy2005
07-16-2013, 02:04 PM
I think it's about chemistry with some rosters like DEN, MIN for example. If the teams gel and stay healthy, both have good enough rosters to make the playoffs.

fresh prince
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Nash/Farmar/Blake
Kobe/Meeks/Young/Johnson
Young/Johnson
Pau/Hill
Kaman/Sacre

The Lakers are suddently in the underdog role. Think back a year ago and we were the off season champs and Vegas favorites to rep the West in the Finals. Flash forward a year and people have us finishing 10-12 in the west.. hell some even have us dead last. This years Lakers will be a new twist for Laker fans. We have no expectations...but guess what we will compete.

Were not going to win a title but this team is going to play with a chip on its shoulder for most of the season. When you couple that with whats quietly turned into a pretty good roster and the will of a healthy and motivated Mamba this team could surprise. With that said i got:

1. Clipps - Too much talent and now a coach to go with it
2. Spurs - Kawahi Leonard takes the next step and begins leading this team night after night
3. OKC - Still elite just a little step back with a weaker bench. Reggie Jackson could easily blossom and help push them up the ladder
4. G state - Barnes and Klay improve Curry stays wet and Iggy adds the intagibles
5. Mem - The news Spurs boring tough consistent and efficient
6. Rockets - Can Dwight return to the eilte level? Probably not and Harden is likely to regress some trying to accomodate his new sidekick
7. Lakers - Kobe is reportedly 3 months ahead of schedule Young Farmar and Wes Johnson provide depth and speed that was missing, Kaman and Pau should compliment each other down low.
8. Minny - I love this roster if healthy. A top 11 of Love, Pek, Rubio, Martin, Buddinger, Brewer, Williams, Shved, Shabazz, Barrea and Deng seems like it could be a 4 seed if everything goes accorrding to plan

Knocking on the door:

Nuggets: Lose of Iggy and Brewer hurts. Still a solid roster up and down but other than Ty LAWSON no one else has the ability to be the best player on the floor night in and night out. Iggy gave them that.

Mavs: Calderon, Monta Ellis and Shane Larkin could make enough plays to sneak the Mavs into the playoffs

Munkeysuit
07-16-2013, 07:40 PM
1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Memphis
6. Golden State
7. Lakers
8. Jazz

mrblisterdundee
07-16-2013, 10:50 PM
The guy that host Jeopardy

Kobe could be next in that group. The guy has an insane work ethic and is supposedly 3 months ahead of schedule

You seriously don't know who Alex Trebek is? Go home; you're drunk.

2-ONE-5
07-17-2013, 11:39 AM
1. OKC
2. LAC
3. GS
4. HOU
5. SAS
6. MEM
7. POR
8. MIN

Mavs, Lakers, Nuggets battle for last 2 seeds

dolfan720
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
My projected western conference standings

1) Thunder
2) Clippers
3) Spurs
4) Rockets
5) Warriors
6) Grizzlies
7) Timberwolves
8) Nuggets
9) Pelicans
10) Blazers
11) Lakers
12) Mavs
13) Kings
14) Jazz
15) Suns

STL Don
07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Expect big things from the "other" team in LA this season. Their offseason has been brilliant.

1.LA Clippers
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Okc Thunder
4.GS Warriors
5.Houston Rockets
6.Memphis Grizzlies
7.Denver Nuggets (George Karl)
8.LA Lakers
9.Portland Trailblazers
10.NO Pelicans
11.Dallas Mavericks
12.Pheonix Suns
13.Sacremento Kings
14.Minnesotta Timberwolves
15.Utah Jazz

The only reason i have Denver so low is bc of the coaching change.
I never really liked the thought of Iggy meshing into the starting lineup. Yes he was good last season, however, its probably better to go in a differeny direction.
With that said, i could very well see yhem finishing higher ththan the 7th seed.
As of right now though, LAC, SA, GS & Hou have all improved.

The 8th seed is a toss up. If Kobe plays 65-70+ games, they are probably the safest bet.
Although Portland has improved their bench and Dallas has added Calderon/Ellis. So its tough to say.
Lets also not count out the new and improved 'Pelicans'.

Anthony Davis will continue to get better.
They've added their franchise pg in Holiday to pair up with Eric Gordon, who SHOULD be happier, as well as Tyreke Evans, Austin Rivers and a solid pg in Brian Roberts. That backcourt is not a joke..
IF they stay healthy, ecpect tjem to be competing for a seed.

Minnesotta will have to prove me wrong this time around. Its time for Kevin Love to prove he can be durable. Enough is enough

dolfan720
07-17-2013, 04:16 PM
1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Memphis
6. Golden State
7. Lakers
8. Jazz

Like the first 6, then your last 2 are just big question marks in my head... Especially the Jazz at 8

Oefarmy2005
07-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Expect big things from the "other" team in LA this season. Their offseason has been brilliant.

1.LA Clippers
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Okc Thunder
4.GS Warriors
5.Houston Rockets
6.Memphis Grizzlies
7.Denver Nuggets (George Karl)
8.LA Lakers
9.Portland Trailblazers
10.NO Pelicans
11.Dallas Mavericks
12.Pheonix Suns
13.Sacremento Kings
14.Minnesotta Timberwolves
15.Utah Jazz

The only reason i have Denver so low is bc of the coaching change.
I never really liked the thought of Iggy meshing into the starting lineup. Yes he was good last season, however, its probably better to go in a differeny direction.
With that said, i could very well see yhem finishing higher ththan the 7th seed.
As of right now though, LAC, SA, GS & Hou have all improved.

The 8th seed is a toss up. If Kobe plays 65-70+ games, they are probably the safest bet.
Although Portland has improved their bench and Dallas has added Calderon/Ellis. So its tough to say.
Lets also not count out the new and improved 'Pelicans'.

Anthony Davis will continue to get better.
They've added their franchise pg in Holiday to pair up with Eric Gordon, who SHOULD be happier, as well as Tyreke Evans, Austin Rivers and a solid pg in Brian Roberts. That backcourt is not a joke..
IF they stay healthy, ecpect tjem to be competing for a seed.

Minnesotta will have to prove me wrong this time around. Its time for Kevin Love to prove he can be durable. Enough is enough

Lol at your list, regardless of injuries, the Wolves are not the second worst team in the conference, I don't even think they are with both Love and Rubio out of the lineup.

koreancabbage
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
first 4:

OKC
Clippers
Rockets
SA or GS

fresh prince
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol at your list, regardless of injuries, the Wolves are not the second worst team in the conference, I don't even think they are with both Love and Rubio out of the lineup.

I honestly felt liek puttign them 8 was probably too low on my list. I like that roster a lot..

Like I said if everything goes right the Wolves could easily finish 4th-5th

rhino17
07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
1) San Antonio
2) OKC
3) Houston
4) LA Clippers
5) Golden State
6) Memphis
7) Minny
8) Dallas

I think Denver falls off a cliff without Karl

lol, please
07-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Don't tell Nuggets fans that, they were ecstatic when he left.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2013, 10:26 PM
1) San Antonio
2) OKC
3) Houston
4) LA Clippers
5) Golden State
6) Memphis
7) Minny
8) Dallas

I think Denver falls off a cliff without Karl

and Iggy, Brewer, Koufus, their GM....etc

rhino17
07-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't tell Nuggets fans that, they were ecstatic when he left.

Not true at all. I live in colorado, everyone here was absolutely pissed and have basically given up on the season

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Not true at all. I live in colorado, everyone here was absolutely pissed and have basically given up on the season

Firing Karl doesn't mean they were upset they lost Karl. They were upset about Iggy leaving and Gallo being hurt and Masai leaving. If they are upset about Karl they are stupid.

rhino17
07-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Firing Karl doesn't mean they were upset they lost Karl. They were upset about Iggy leaving and Gallo being hurt and Masai leaving. If they are upset about Karl they are stupid.

Losing a role player like iggy is no big deal, losing a top 5 nba coach is huge

LayBraun
07-18-2013, 03:39 AM
love the people picking the pelicans over the wolves... comedy

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 03:50 AM

Too bad Karl was a really awful coach and no where near top five. Iggy is a "role player," but in the sense that he's the second or third best wing defender in the league. And the Nuggets were six points worse with him off the floor.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Losing a role player like iggy is no big deal

Didnt know that a role player averaged 18 ppg 8 rpg 5 apg 2 spg on 50% fg and 48% 3pt shooting in the playoffs all while playing great d.

tyler55
07-18-2013, 03:59 AM

Iggy is not a role player. Someone like Klay Thompson is a role player. Calling Iggy a borderline all star is more fitting. As for George Karl, he's 80-105 in the playoffs.

Pop, Rivers, Thibadeou, Carlisle, and Collins are all better coaches. I would have mentioned Vogel, but I think Pacers' success came from Shaw.

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 04:24 AM
love the people picking the pelicans over the wolves... comedy

almost as funny as the same old line about how the wolves will be in the playoffs like there fans seem to say every year. lets not act like they've proven anything either. its a toss up and either team is capable

RollingWave
07-18-2013, 06:01 AM
The Wolves should be in the mix as long as they can stay healthy. assuming Love / Pek's injury are just freak injury then I'd put them ahead of the Pelicans, but it's not a sure thing, they need to show me they can defend, I have a fair amount of confidence that the Pelicans can defend at least above average, I'm not sure sure about the Wolves. (actually I'm fairly sure they'll be below average, just depend on how much so relative to how good their offense is.)

I think the three teams I see having zippo chance for the playoffs this year is Phoenix / Utah and maybe Sacramento , I say maybe on SAC because they actually have an above average offense, if it proves that Malone can teach them to be even acceptable on defense then they might surprise. and I'm a pretty big fan of Cousin's talent at least.

the one mystery team I really have no feel for is Denver, they could go anywhere between 4th to 10th seed IMHO.

emman03
07-18-2013, 06:32 AM
1.OKC
2.LAC
3.HOU
4.GSW
5.MEM
6.SAS
7.DEN
8.DAL

i dont see SAS in top 4 because no major upgrade like clips,gsw,hou and i put memphis ahead of them because i believe in young legs and ofcourse KD is KD. den is in good hands on brian shaw dallas is starting making big moves dalembert and ellis >>> kaman+mayo because dalembert+ellis is +defense and +offense to the mavs that can help dirk and if you can see no lakers i'm not a hater lakers is now in rebuild mode for me even they have kobe nash and pau last season they almost out of the playoffs and clark mwp and dwight is a very very bigloss to them you cant have guys like them and kobe will be degrade because of injury we all know injury can downgrade a player ill be happy of lakers make the playoffs

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 06:47 AM
almost as funny as the same old line about how the wolves will be in the playoffs like there fans seem to say every year. lets not act like they've proven anything either. its a toss up and either team is capable

Twolves are better than your team.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 06:48 AM
1.OKC
2.LAC
3.HOU
4.GSW
5.MEM
6.SAS
7.DEN
8.DAL

i dont see SAS in top 4 because no major upgrade like clips,gsw,hou and i put memphis ahead of them because i believe in young legs and ofcourse KD is KD. den is in good hands on brian shaw dallas is starting making big moves dalembert and ellis >>> kaman+mayo because dalembert+ellis is +defense and +offense to the mavs that can help dirk and if you can see no lakers i'm not a hater lakers is now in rebuild mode for me even they have kobe nash and pau last season they almost out of the playoffs and clark mwp and dwight is a very very bigloss to them you cant have guys like them and kobe will be degrade because of injury we all know injury can downgrade a player ill be happy of lakers make the playoffs

SAS never has a big upgrade. You are wrong for dropping them this much.

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 06:54 AM

based on? you might be right...but you or I cant prove that just yet.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 06:57 AM
based on? you might be right...but you or I cant prove that just yet.

I guess we don't know, yet, but I am fairly confident the Twolves will be better. But I could be wrong.

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 06:59 AM
i'm fairly confident the overhaul NO has done will shock some people. only thing i'm worried about is starting Center. might be in for a world of trouble if Steisma is starting

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 07:00 AM
just seems like people have been banking on Minny for a few years now. Then need to do something this year. I know they've had terrible luck with Injuries though

sagemania
07-18-2013, 08:13 AM
OKC: Healthy Westbrook and Durant will be a must.Someone needs to fill in martins points off the bench

Clippers: bes PG in the game and having two scrappers and great 3pt shooters in Dudley and Reddick improves them. Doc is a great coach at developing a team harmony and motivating players to play for a team cause. I see the Clippers as a real threat.

Spurs: Duncan,Parker and Splitter will be good next season again but the key is will Gino get healthy?

Houston: Best interior defense and rebounding in the league with Asik and Howard. Harden is a top 3 SG and Parsons a rising star.This team will be good for the next 5 to 8 years..

Memphis: still have Gasol, Allen, Randolph, Conely and Prince. Very good defensive team thats built for the playoffs.

GSW: Speight and Iggy make them much better on the defensive end, but losing Jack and Landry means they regress on offense especially from the bench.

Denver: Outside of Iggy and Brewer majority their core is returning. Brian Shaw is a very good coach so I don't see them dropping off a lot.

New Orleans :They've improved big time with Holiday and Davis will be better after his 1st season where he showed how good he will be in the future..

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Mehhhh

ChitownBears22
07-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Houston

Everyone else

Lakers

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Your tripping if you think they will have the one seed and be far superior to every team in the west

AddiX
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
I really don't think new Orleans made the kind of moves that puts them in the 8th spot. To me the lakers, Dallas, minny, new Orleans, all have an equal chance for that last spot.

Minny has an edge because there core guys been playing together for good account of time, and they have a good idea of everyones role, and unlike the lakers aren't so old. I also think they did just enough to add the kind of talent they needed to make that final push.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
i'm fairly confident the overhaul NO has done will shock some people. only thing i'm worried about is starting Center. might be in for a world of trouble if Steisma is starting

you just hit it on the head why the Wolves won only 31 games last year. Steamer started some games for us. We were so depleted it was unreal. I am a pretty damn rational fan, but I thought we had the capability of winning 45-50 games with last years roster. I truly think if the Wolves stay healthy, while I have reservations concerning our defense, I think with Adelman having his shooters, with Kevin Love back, Rubio healthy and a full offseason, and a decent bench in Barea/Brewer/Cunningham/Williams, we can again expect to win 45+ games.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Mehhhh

they probably are this season. 2 years down the line? Not so sure.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 03:28 PM
just seems like people have been banking on Minny for a few years now. Then need to do something this year. I know they've had terrible luck with Injuries though

this is year 2 of high expectations, and even as the most patient Wolves fan (I watched every game through the post KG era), they need to shut up with the excuses and Love needs to lead them to the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2013, 03:35 PM
OKC
Houston
Clippers
Spurs
GSW
Grizz
Minny
Denver

AddiX
07-18-2013, 04:00 PM
this is year 2 of high expectations, and even as the most patient Wolves fan (I watched every game through the post KG era), they need to shut up with the excuses and Love needs to lead them to the playoffs.

WHOA, if I said this you would of got md. :P

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 04:18 PM
WHOA, if I said this you would of got md. :P

Well, so many are criticizing him for not leading a pile of crap to the playoffs, but he has the help now.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Wolves are a bubble team for me, but all things equal - they have more depth and are arguably better at all 5 starting positions - so they are a better team on paper then NO, at least in the very near future. Paper hasn't been kind to the Wolves for decade now though.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, so many are criticizing him for not leading a pile of crap to the playoffs, but he has the help now.
Martin was a very good pick up for you and should help you get to that cause but ak47 loss will hurt. And health will be a key issue for you guys as I don't think your deep enough in enough areas to survive a key loss for extended time.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Martin was a very good pick up for you and should help you get to that cause but ak47 loss will hurt. And health will be a key issue for you guys as I don't think your deep enough in enough areas to survive a key loss for extended time.

I am hoping the ridiculous rash of injuries we had last year will make it so this year we are much more fortunate in that department.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I am hoping the ridiculous rash of injuries we had last year will make it so this year we are much more fortunate in that department.

I hope so too. As a warriors fan I feel your pain when it comes to injuries.

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
they probably are this season. 2 years down the line? Not so sure.

Honestly it all depends how we mesh, I wouldnt be surprised if you guys are, because it takes time for players to mesh.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Honestly it all depends how we mesh, I wouldnt be surprised if you guys are, because it takes time for players to mesh.

you have to develop your star player(s), and integrate a lot of new players. The new guys we have are either familiar with Adelman's offense, or vets. And our star is developed.

Like I said, I think the Pelicans future is very bright after this summer and last. But the Wolves are primed to win now, for whatever that is worth.

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 05:15 PM

We've been in the same boat as well . I think there are a handfull of teams capable of being in that 8th seed. Whoever can keep their guys on the court longest should grab it.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
We've been in the same boat as well . I think there are a handfull of teams capable of being in that 8th seed. Whoever can keep their guys on the court longest should grab it.

no offense, but the Wolves had more missed games due to injury than any team in so many years. Over 300 games missed, and they still managed to cling onto 31 wins.

Like I said, I just think the Pelicans are a year away from really doing some damage. But, who knows.

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Pelicans aren't doing anything until AD reaches his KG level.

2-ONE-5
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Pelicans will finish with the 6th worst record.

realisitcally anywhere from 9-12 in the west

ll_eric_ll
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Okc
houston
dallas
san antonio
memphis
denver
gsw
denver
minny

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 05:41 PM

I don't think he has that ceiling personally.

JordansBulls
07-18-2013, 05:45 PM
1. Houston Rockets
2. Oklahoma Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Golden St Warriors
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Dallas Mavericks

BenFrank
07-18-2013, 06:04 PM
[1]. Houston Rockets
[2]. Oklahoma City Thunder
[3]. Los Angeles Clippers
[4]. San Antonio Spurs
[5]. Golden State Warriors
[6]. Memphis Grizzlies
[7]. Portland Trail Blazers
[8]. Minnesota TimberWolves

teddygreen17
07-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I like tredigs' rankings a lot with a few small differences.

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Golden State
4. Houston
5. Spurs
6. Memphis
7. Denver
8. Pellies

Yeah, this is about right with Minny getting close if Love stays healthy

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 06:54 PM
no offense, but the Wolves had more missed games due to injury than any team in so many years. Over 300 games missed, and they still managed to cling onto 31 wins.

Like I said, I just think the Pelicans are a year away from really doing some damage. But, who knows.

damn lol

bgdreton
07-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Okc
houston
dallas
san antonio
memphis
denver
gsw
denver
minny

I hope this is a joke bc it's prob the most un realistic top 8 lol... Oh and you have denver twice :facepalm:

JeffG20
07-18-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think he has that ceiling personally.

If he can play a full season, bulk up a little he might come close to it. Don't really like comparing 2nd year players to HOF player because so much can happen but he's certainly shown flashes of it last year. Long way to go

Hawkeye15
07-18-2013, 08:04 PM
I hear you. I still dont think he has a KG impact, but even 85% of that is a perennial all star.

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Ignorance

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Ignorance

I don't think you know what that word means.

True Rocket
07-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Clippers
Thunder
Rockets
Spurs
Warriors
Grizzlies
Lakers
Twolves

RollingWave
07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Davis last year was probably better than KG in his first 2 years. granted, comparing across such large time frame and role is difficult.

Re: the Pelicans, I think they're in the mix for those final 2 spots, my concern remains that Holiday ran a pretty horrific offense in Philly last year and Evan's been terrible for 2 years and was improved by still a mixed bag last year. with that said, I think 1 MAJOR advantage they have over those other 8th seed competitor is that they are probably going to be a top 10 defense. and top 10 defense rarely miss the playoffs.

This of course, would require Davis to play at least 70+ games.

ldawg
07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
1st tier
Thunder
Clippers
Memphis
Spurs
2nd tier
Warriors
Rockets
Lakers
Denver

tredigs
07-18-2013, 09:55 PM
1st tier
Thunder
Clippers
Memphis
Spurs
2nd tier
Warriors
Rockets
Lakers
Utah

Warriors and Rockets are in the tier with the Lakers and Jazz? ...Explain?

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Davis last year was probably better than KG in his first 2 years. granted, comparing across such large time frame and role is difficult.

Re: the Pelicans, I think they're in the mix for those final 2 spots, my concern remains that Holiday ran a pretty horrific offense in Philly last year and Evan's been terrible for 2 years and was improved by still a mixed bag last year. with that said, I think 1 MAJOR advantage they have over those other 8th seed competitor is that they are probably going to be a top 10 defense. and top 10 defense rarely miss the playoffs.

That is terrible....? WTF lmao please quit.

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Warriors and Rockets are in the tier with the Lakers and Jazz? ...Explain?

its logic, man

Vinny642
07-18-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't think you know what that word means.

We dont need AD to be KG to be successful, I would rather AD be the better defender and blocker, and have less offense. As compared to KG, our team has gained a lot of offense this offseason

Guppyfighter
07-18-2013, 10:09 PM
We dont need AD to be KG to be successful, I would rather AD be the better defender and blocker, and have less offense. As compared to KG, our team has gained a lot of offense this offseason

Jrue running the point will only prove to be extremely inefficient.

Turnover city with Evans and Jrue.

Kingz4L
07-18-2013, 10:16 PM
1. Spurs 60-22
2. Thunder 57-25
3. Clippers 56-26
4. Grizzlies 53-29
5. Rockets 52-30
6. Warriors 50-32
7. Nuggets 49-33
8. Mavericks 48-34
9. Lakers 46-36
10. Pelicans 43-39
11. Suns 43-39
12. Timberwolves 40-42
13. Blazers 37-45
14. Kings 33-49
15. Jazz 24-58

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 10:22 PM
its logic, man

Dude you most not watch a lot of bball if you think the lakers and jazz will be on an equal level as the warriors and rockets

ldawg
07-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Warriors and Rockets are in the tier with the Lakers and Jazz? ...Explain?I forgot Denver took out Jazz. Houston is young and dont have a very good bench, Asik and Howard on the floor together makes no sense. In Short Houston is not serious contender yet if all teams a healthy. Lakers will not be as bad as you think If Kobe is healthy thats a big IF.

ldawg
07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Dude you most not watch a lot of bball if you think the lakers and jazz will be on an equal level as the warriors and rockets8 teams from each conference goes to the playoffs. In the west If all teams are healthy Rockets is around 5th

ldawg
07-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Lakers will fight for the last 3 spots. Like the Rockets the role players lack that experience. Rockets advantage is Howard and Harden is Younger than Kobe and Pau dont talk about Nast he is old grandfather in NBA years.

TrueFan420
07-18-2013, 10:42 PM
8 teams from each conference goes to the playoffs. In the west If all teams are healthy Rockets is around 5th

I know that but the warriors rockets will be fighting for spots 4-6 while the lakers will be lucky to make it in at 8 and the same applies for the jazz. They don't belong in the same tier of teams.

Clippersfan86
07-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Okc
houston
dallas
san antonio
memphis
denver
gsw
denver
minny

Clippers miss the playoffs?

Guppyfighter
07-19-2013, 01:07 AM
He probably just accidently put Dallas instead of LA.

Mudvayne91
07-19-2013, 01:19 AM
All the gains Denver made last year defensively have flown right out the door. They'll regress.
They just need Shaw to turn Jordan Hamilton into the next Paul George. No big whoop.

I think you're spot on about Denver though. 7-8 seed seems about right.

RollingWave
07-19-2013, 02:35 AM
That is terrible....? WTF lmao please quit.

Maybe you missed the part where Tyreke Evans in year 2, scored 17 per game, but shot .409/.291 from FG / 3s ? and year 3 it was .453(decent.)/ .201 ? . the Kings in those 2 season were 25th and 21st in offense.

He came back enough this year and is young enough that I see a decent chance of returning to a positive curve, but there's no argument that those 2 season were not good at all. and one of the main reason was that he was derailed by injury .

TrueFan420
07-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Clippers miss the playoffs?
Yea haven't you heard Chris Paul is overrated

cg_la00
07-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Okc
Memphis
Clippers
SA
Warriors
Houston
Lakers
Twolves/denver

aTinyPanda
07-19-2013, 11:06 AM
1. Spurs 60-22
2. Thunder 57-25
3. Clippers 56-26
4. Grizzlies 53-29
5. Rockets 52-30
6. Warriors 50-32
7. Nuggets 49-33
8. Mavericks 48-34
9. Lakers 46-36
10. Pelicans 43-39
11. Suns 43-39
12. Timberwolves 40-42
13. Blazers 37-45
14. Kings 33-49
15. Jazz 24-58

The Suns are going to finish better than both the Blazers and Twolves? What depth charts are you looking at?

Vinny642
07-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Maybe you missed the part where Tyreke Evans in year 2, scored 17 per game, but shot .409/.291 from FG / 3s ? and year 3 it was .453(decent.)/ .201 ? . the Kings in those 2 season were 25th and 21st in offense.

He came back enough this year and is young enough that I see a decent chance of returning to a positive curve, but there's no argument that those 2 season were not good at all. and one of the main reason was that he was derailed by injury .

Look at the whole team... and look at his roles in each of the three years before last. He has never had a consistent role, he was always switching position, and the team was switching as well, and they were bad even when they made moves. Im not saying he was amazing but he wasnt as bad as you make him out to be

Vinny642
07-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Dude you most not watch a lot of bball if you think the lakers and jazz will be on an equal level as the warriors and rockets

Sarcasm wasnt well received there I see

JordansBulls
07-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Here is mine

1. Houston Rockets
2. Oklahoma Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Golden St Warriors
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Dallas Mavericks

Eastern Conference --> http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?830216-Standings-in-the-East-right-now-for-2014

Legendary33
07-21-2013, 07:09 PM
1.Thunder
2.Warriors
3.Clippers
4.Rockets
5.Spurs
6.Grizzlies
7.Timberwolves
8.Pelicans
9.Lakers
10.Nuggets
11.Mavs
12.Trailblazers
13.Suns
14.Kings
15.Jazz

Hawkeye15
07-21-2013, 07:13 PM

Davis was better as a rookie than KG, but remember, he at least had a year of NCAA under his belt. Can Davis become KG though? I seriously doubt it.

Punk
07-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Hard to guess but i'm going with

1. Spurs
2. Rockets
3. Clippers
4. Thunder
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Timberwolves
8. Pelicans
___
9. Nuggets (will compete for 7th or 8th)
10. Lakers (will compete for 7th or 8th)
11. Mavs (will compete for 7th or 8th)

RollingWave
07-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Look at the whole team... and look at his roles in each of the three years before last. He has never had a consistent role, he was always switching position, and the team was switching as well, and they were bad even when they made moves. Im not saying he was amazing but he wasnt as bad as you make him out to be
That's a lot of ifs and buts there for something your stating so absolute, the role thing is relevant but the team thing is much less so, i'll note that for example, Goran Dragic's line hardly changed going from a decent Rockets team to a horrific Suns team for example.

Not to mention, I'm not too confident the Pelicans definition of Evan's role would be that much better. if they stick with using him as the 6th man all year that might work out, but I'm highly dubious of Eric Gordon and Austin River starting 82 games on a winning team at this point.

I think the Pelicans could make the playoffs, don't get me wrong, and I think Evans could be good, I'm just seeing a lot more ifs and buts moving parts that need to go right for them at this point, which isn't surprising since they ... well.. moved the most parts.

RollingWave
07-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Davis was better as a rookie than KG, but remember, he at least had a year of NCAA under his belt. Can Davis become KG though? I seriously doubt it.

Well obviously it's never safe to project anyone as a hall of famer ;) and I think the bigger difference tend to be durability, guys like KG and Kobe had mad mad durability.

But purely in terms of the Pelicans making the playoffs, he doesn't need to be peak Garnett to push them over the top obviously, he just need to continue to improve on a normal trajectory and staying healthy, of course, that's easier said than done.

Jaded
07-22-2013, 07:22 AM
1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Golden State Warriors
5. Houston Rockets/Memphis Grizzlies
6. Memphis Grizzlies/Houston Rockets
7. Minnesota Timberwolves
8. Denver Nuggets/Dallas Mavericks/Los Angeles Lakers

nolafan33
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
There are a lot of teams that people are ranking that aren't better than the Pels.

3ddiiee
07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Spurs
Thunder
Grizz
Warriors
Clippers
Rockets
Nuggets
Pelicans
LakersThis

lamzoka
07-22-2013, 01:57 PM
1- Thunder
2- Spurs
3- L.A Clipps
4- Rockets
5- GS
6- Memphis
7- Lakers
8- Mavs

JLynn943
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM

Yeah, Tyreke was playing 3 different positions for a series of horrible coaches on a bunch of bad rosters. Granted he has shooting issues, but that's the only real flaw to his game in my opinion (he forces things sometimes, but I think that was a product of having no offensive system in Sacramento), and he finally showed improvement in his shot last season. I expect him to play very well for New Orleans.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Well obviously it's never safe to project anyone as a hall of famer ;) and I think the bigger difference tend to be durability, guys like KG and Kobe had mad mad durability.

But purely in terms of the Pelicans making the playoffs, he doesn't need to be peak Garnett to push them over the top obviously, he just need to continue to improve on a normal trajectory and staying healthy, of course, that's easier said than done.

if Gordon can just stay on the floor, and Davis makes a gradual, expected jump, they may challenge for a spot. I just don't see it this year. Down the line? For sure.

Dee_Edge
07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Safe to Say.....

#1 - Thunder
#2 - Grizz
#3 - Clippers
#4 - Rockets
#5 - Warriors
#6 - Spurs
#7 - Nuggets
#8 - Pelicans

tp13baby
07-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Here's mine:

12. LAL: Gasol and Nash certainly are competitors and still "have it" but Kobe's out for a few months and no one much who matters will be around to help the playoff cause - the Wiggins cause on the other hand...

Denver is on the downward trend? Please explain. Losing a coach that took us to the second round 1 time in the last decade? Losing Iggy is the only response that can be used. The fact is we have a healthy Wilson Chandler for the first time in his tenure with the Nuggets. Ill Will can ease the mind of losing Iggy.

When were we going up because the last 10 years proved once playoffs came around we showed we were never were going up.

Not to mention we are going to be a top 5 youngest team in the league again.

_KB24_
07-22-2013, 02:29 PM
1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Spurs
4. GS
5. Lakers
6. Rockets
7. Grizz
8. Nuggets
9. Minny

I think the West is pretty much open from the 2 seed, the first two are the only locks. I was real tempted to have the Warriors ahead of the Spurs and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Spurs not be in the top 4. Rockets are too much of a question mark for me with Dwight, I'm not totally convinced Howard is going to make them that much better. Grizz and Nuggs both regressed and lost GREAT coaches, who had a great hand in their success. I'm excited to see what the Wolves have in store for us but it seems like injuries just love to catch up to them.

Dee_Edge
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
My Heart says.....

#1 - Clippers
#2 - Grizz
#3 - Thunder
#4 - Rockets
#5 - Warriors
#6 - Spurs
#7 - Nuggets
#8 - Pelicans

tp13baby
07-22-2013, 02:47 PM
1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Spurs
4. GS
5. Lakers
6. Rockets
7. Grizz
8. Nuggets
9. Minny

I think the West is pretty much open from the 2 seed, the first two are the only locks. I was real tempted to have the Warriors ahead of the Spurs and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Spurs not be in the top 4. Rockets are too much of a question mark for me with Dwight, I'm not totally convinced Howard is going to make them that much better. Grizz and Nuggs both regressed and lost GREAT coaches, who had a great hand in their success. I'm excited to see what the Wolves have in store for us but it seems like injuries just love to catch up to them.

:facepalm:
Most sickening argument.

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
There are a lot of teams that people are ranking that aren't better than the Pels.

Such as? Care to explain your reasoning or is this just a homer statement?

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Denver is on the downward trend? Please explain. Losing a coach that took us to the second round 1 time in the last decade? Losing Iggy is the only response that can be used. The fact is we have a healthy Wilson Chandler for the first time in his tenure with the Nuggets. Ill Will can ease the mind of losing Iggy.

When were we going up because the last 10 years proved once playoffs came around we showed we were never were going up.

Youth =/= success... it just means you have a lot of room to improve. If you think losing Iggy, a HOF coach, a beast of a GM, a defensive wing stopper, etc.. isn't regressing at least a little bit IDK what you're looking at. I still think they'll play in to the playoffs somewhere, or be in a close battle for it down the stretch. They are not the team they were last season though.

Ty_Lawson
07-22-2013, 03:57 PM
No they are not, they are better!

And we have Nate :D

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 04:01 PM

How are they improved from last season, exactly?

Oefarmy2005
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Youth =/= success... it just means you have a lot of room to improve. If you think losing Iggy, a HOF coach, a beast of a GM, a defensive wing stopper, etc.. isn't regressing at least a little bit IDK what you're looking at. I still think they'll play in to the playoffs somewhere, or be in a close battle for it down the stretch. They are not the team they were last season though.

Not sure what "=/=" means? I understand "!=" from programming. :) I like the Pels, but I think my team is better. Time will tell. Everything else equal, the Wolves have a better coach.

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Not sure what "=/=" means? I understand "!=" from programming. :) I like the Pels, but I think my team is better. Time will tell. Everything else equal, the Wolves have a better coach.

haha, when I typed it out I had != (I code as well) but I've seen folks use =/= (which is more a symbol used in mathematics I believe) around here so I thought I'd stick with the local style.

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM

And I agree the Pels should be a much improved team this season.. I just think they need 1 or 2 more years to mature and form some kinda chemistry. A bunch of highly skilled young guys thrown together does not a playoff team make.

Oefarmy2005
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM

I think that what you lost defensively with Iggy & Brewer you will not make up offensively with Chandler and Robinson.

Ty_Lawson
07-22-2013, 04:09 PM
How are they improved from last season, exactly?

1.) Better coach, he will actually teach them to play defense, not just talk about it.
2.) We won't be only R&G team, we will have plays this year, we didn't have that for last 10 seasons.
3.) We have true backup PG now, and we still have time to improve with Miller and some PF on the block(even Faried maybe)
4.)We actually have backup PF now(2 maybe, if Arthur is healthy), and we don't have to play Gallo at that position.
5.) We have players that can shoot 3s(Foye,JHam,Evan,Nate,Ty,Gallo...) and if they show they can play, they will, it's not like when Karl was here when Miller and Brewer played even if they sucked.
6.) McGee will start, and i think he can be 15+ppg 10rpg player.

@Oefarmy we didn't lose anything with Brewers defense..

aTinyPanda
07-22-2013, 04:15 PM
1.) Better coach, he will actually teach them to play defense, not just talk about it.
2.) We won't be only R&G team, we will have plays this year, we didn't have that for last 10 seasons.
3.) We have true backup PG now, and we still have time to improve with Miller and some PF on the block(even Faried maybe)
4.)We actually have backup PF now(2 maybe, if Arthur is healthy), and we don't have to play Gallo at that position.
5.) We have players that can shoot 3s(Foye,JHam,Evan,Nate,Ty,Gallo...) and if they show they can play, they will, it's not like when Karl was here when Miller and Brewer played even if they sucked.
6.) McGee will start, and i think he can be 15+ppg 10rpg player.

@Oefarmy we didn't lose anything with Brewers defense..

You lost your two best perimeter defenders in Iggy and Brewer. How is your defending not going to take at least a minor hit?

As for your other points, I don't necessarily disagree with some.. but most of what you're saying is contingent upon a new coach coming in and rewiring a squad to play an entirely different style of basketball. That is a lot of assumptions to make, which is why I'm taking the conservative route and assuming it is not going to be a perfect transition. Your run and gun offense was one of their main strengths last season.. I don't understand why it is a good thing that you parting ways with it?

Ty_Lawson
07-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Not parting ways, but adding some plays to it.
And we didn't lose anything with Brewers defense, Chandler is much better defender than him, JHam too, atleast they don't gamble like Brewer when they play defense!

tp13baby
07-22-2013, 04:37 PM
You lost your two best perimeter defenders in Iggy and Brewer. How is your defending not going to take at least a minor hit?

As for your other points, I don't necessarily disagree with some.. but most of what you're saying is contingent upon a new coach coming in and rewiring a squad to play an entirely different style of basketball. That is a lot of assumptions to make, which is why I'm taking the conservative route and assuming it is not going to be a perfect transition. Your run and gun offense was one of their main strengths last season.. I don't understand why it is a good thing that you parting ways with it?

Run and gun has showed us it can't be your only offensive system you can run in the playoffs.

Karl couldn't get out of the first round and was too stubborn to change his ways.

Iggy and Brewer? Wilson Chandler has a better PER and WS/48 then both of them. So I like it. It seems like an upgrade to me. Oh and Nate Robinson has a better PER and WS/48 over Brewer and Iggy too. Defensively Ill Will is a good defender. Nate Robinson, A **** ton better than Andre Miller which he is probably replacing. Not to mention it makes us now a top 3 youngest team so a ton of growing room is possible. We saved a ton of money for guys who produce better and more efficiently.

tredigs
07-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Run and gun has showed us it can't be your only offensive system you can run in the playoffs.

Karl couldn't get out of the first round and was too stubborn to change his ways.

Iggy and Brewer? Wilson Chandler has a better PER and WS/48 then both of them. So I like it. It seems like an upgrade to me. Oh and Nate Robinson has a better PER and WS/48 over Brewer and Iggy too. Defensively Ill Will is a good defender. Nate Robinson, A **** ton better than Andre Miller which he is probably replacing. Not to mention it makes us now a top 3 youngest team so a ton of growing room is possible. We saved a ton of money for guys who produce better and more efficiently.

If you like Wilson Chandler over Iggy and Brewer because of PER and WS/48, you might want to look into what PER and WS/48 tell you about a player: 1 hint - it's not their defensive impact. It's a massive loss for you. Nate, another guy who just obliterates a team defense. Miller wasn't great on that end, don't get me wrong, but Nate's terrible.

You guys are without a doubt a worse team this year. Still good, but clearly worse. I'm guessing 45-49 wins.

tp13baby
07-22-2013, 04:47 PM

Downward has a negative connotation though. Im not saying we will win 57 games. No Nuggets fan believes that. Shaw is going to do things Karl never did. He will develop the young guys, run a half court offense and stay away from what Karl always did. In the longrun we are better off. Its pretty easy to see too. You can't win in the playoffs playing run and gun (what Karl always did), our big men that are more efficient didn't play as much as they should of, and the young guys should play more instead of playing favorites. Corey Brewer was by far the worst player in the series for Denver next to Kosta Koufos. Brewer an energy guy brings it every game, dumb as hell, but the effort is there and that's why he shines in the regular season. Why he struggled in the playoffs, everyone plays with effort.

tp13baby
07-22-2013, 05:09 PM
If you like Wilson Chandler over Iggy and Brewer because of PER and WS/48, you might want to look into what PER and WS/48 tell you about a player: 1 hint - it's not their defensive impact. It's a massive loss for you. Nate, another guy who just obliterates a team defense. Miller wasn't great on that end, don't get me wrong, but Nate's terrible.

You guys are without a doubt a worse team this year. Still good, but clearly worse. I'm guessing 45-49 wins.

Wilson Chandler is a very good defender. Not as good as Iggy an I get it, but guess what, Iggy got lit the **** up by Curry and Thompson. Brewer is nothing to fret about cause Evan Fournier is just as good of a defender as him. Im not saying we are better than last year cause the words never came across my mouth. 57 wins. Probably not going to happen. The guy said we are going downward when I think we disagree.

Karl runs an offense that doesn't work in the playoffs. It showed. 9/10 seasons bounced in the first round.

Shaw said he will play McGee more. McGee has way more talent than Kosta Koufos.

We are extremely young. Get out players developed we will be a force in the future.

Combine the intent of Shaw implementing some half court offense, us getting younger and more money, and not playing favorites, make me think we have a better future then what we did.

scissors
07-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Absolutely nobody has the Mavericks in the playoffs.

The Mavs finished the season 27-17 last year (a shay over 50 wins pace) with a much worse roster.

Dirk came back when they were 6 games under and they lost another 5 or so. By the time he looked close to himself they were going 27-17. With terrible point guard play and terrible rebounding.

THE REBOUNDING WILL BE close to AS BAD THIS YEAR

But the turnovers and bad PG play will be gone.

They SHOULD finish the season at 50 wins (since that was their pace the last half of last season and they have a much improved roster). But won't go anywhere in the playoffs.

WadeKobe
07-22-2013, 05:33 PM
1) Oklahoma City
2) Los Angeles Clippers
3) Houston
4) San Antonio
5) Memphis
6) Denver
7) Golden State
8) Utah

Kingz4L
07-22-2013, 07:12 PM
The Suns are going to finish better than both the Blazers and Twolves? What depth charts are you looking at?

Just my opinion, the additions they made give me the reason to put them above those teams. Minnesota can't get healthy, and Blazers have a star that doesn't even want to be there.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 07:36 PM

- you lost your coach
- you lost your excellent GM
- your best player left
- you traded away Koufus for a lesser player
- you basically replaced Brewer with Robinson, impact wise
- your defense is far weaker across the board now

Not sure how the Nuggets possibly get near 57 wins again. I am guessing 45-48 wins.

WadeKobe
07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
- you lost your coach
- your best player left

Not sure how the Nuggets possibly get near 57 wins again. I am guessing 45-48 wins.

They upgraded coaching-wise.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
They upgraded coaching-wise.

and now they have to learn a new system, new rotations, new offense, new defense, etc. I didn't say they lost a better coach, I am saying they now will get hit with a few losses that may have been wins this year due to transition.

WadeKobe
07-22-2013, 07:51 PM
and now they have to learn a new system, new rotations, new offense, new defense, etc. I didn't say they lost a better coach, I am saying they now will get hit with a few losses that may have been wins this year due to transition.

Possibly.

I don't think that will be their problem, though. It will be talent. They lost two of their 4 best players from last year and replaced them with perimeter chuckers.

So, I think you're right ultimately, but I don't think the coaching situation is their problem. They ditched a bad coach for a good one as far as I can see it.

tredigs
07-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Wilson Chandler is a very good defender. Not as good as Iggy an I get it, but guess what, Iggy got lit the **** up by Curry and Thompson. Brewer is nothing to fret about cause Evan Fournier is just as good of a defender as him. Im not saying we are better than last year cause the words never came across my mouth. 57 wins. Probably not going to happen. The guy said we are going downward when I think we disagree.

Karl runs an offense that doesn't work in the playoffs. It showed. 9/10 seasons bounced in the first round.

Shaw said he will play McGee more. McGee has way more talent than Kosta Koufos.

We are extremely young. Get out players developed we will be a force in the future.

Combine the intent of Shaw implementing some half court offense, us getting younger and more money, and not playing favorites, make me think we have a better future then what we did.

No, Wilson Chandler is not a very good defender. You could say that he's decent, but I'd argue he's less than average (Wins Produced, RAPM, Synergy, Opp PER all show him as less than average if we're going completely objective). Iggy's all world on the wing and significantly improved your entire teams defense when he was on the court. You guys are going to feel that hole big time. Brewer? You're right, not a big loss and easily replaceable.

McGee's raw talent is only surpassed by his stupidity, so hopefully he takes to this new/larger role well. But up to this point Kosta has been the more reliable player. As far as still being young and having a bright future with a new coach? Totally agree. The franchise is in fine shape, but in this particular year they are worse.

FOBolous
07-24-2013, 03:14 PM
this is what ESPN thinks the standing will be next season:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9504710/early-look-western-conference

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Houston Rockets
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Golden State Warriors
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Minnesota Timberwolves
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. New Orleans Pelicans
12. Los Angeles Lakers
13. Utah Jazz
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Phoenix Suns

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
We are going for Wiggings Tier:

15 Pelicans
14 Suns
13 Kings
12 Jazz

We are not bad enought to tank for wiggings, so lets try to get one of those 2 poff spots left, tier :

11 Blazers
10 Mavericks
9Nuggets
8 Lakers
7 Wolves

We are a lock for playoffs but we are not getting to the finals tier:
6 Grizzlies
5 Warriors
4 Spurs

We may get to the finals to get our *** spanked b y the heats trheepeat tier :
3 Thunder
2 Rockets
1 Clippers

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
this is what ESPN thinks the standing will be next season:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9504710/early-look-western-conference

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Houston Rockets
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Golden State Warriors
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Minnesota Timberwolves
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. New Orleans Pelicans
12. Los Angeles Lakers
13. Utah Jazz
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Phoenix Suns

Love it! Keep underrating us ESPN, apparently we didn't prove you wrong last season!

#JustUs

Monta is beast
07-24-2013, 05:23 PM
I really don't see how the Thunder finish anywhere higher than the 3rd seed.

1) San Antonio Spurs
2) Los Angeles Clippers
3) Golden State Warriors
4) Houston Rockets
5) Oklahoma City Thunder
6) Memphis Grizzlies
7) Denver Nuggets
8) Minnesota Timberwolves

Vinny642
07-24-2013, 05:38 PM

15 Pelicans
14 Suns
13 Kings
12 Jazz

We are not bad enought to tank for wiggings, so lets try to get one of those 2 poff spots left, tier :

11 Blazers
10 Mavericks
9Nuggets
8 Lakers
7 Wolves

6 Grizzlies
5 Warriors
4 Spurs

3 Thunder
2 Rockets
1 Clippers

Last..... lmaoooo

tp13baby
07-24-2013, 05:47 PM
- you lost your coach
- your best player left

Look at it from a Denver perspective
-Added a coach that will develop and run offenses
-GM wise Masai is one of a kind but Connelly has done alright.
-Iggy didn't want Denver.
-Koufos disappeared in the playoffs, got a guy that can benefit Ty Lawson on pick an pops.
-Brewer? Addition by subtraction. Chandler will get more of his minutes and Fournier will get the rest. Not to mention he was the worst player on the floor for Denver game 3-6 in the playoffs last year.
-Karl is an awful defensive coach so Shaw should make up for it. Fournier has the potential to be just as good as Brewer was and Chandler is pretty good himself.

Denver fans including myself don't think we are going to win 57 maybe not even 50, but really we are still set up very good for the future and better off for the future.

ManRam
07-24-2013, 05:50 PM

15 Pelicans
14 Suns
13 Kings
12 Jazz

11 Blazers
10 Mavericks
9Nuggets
8 Lakers
7 Wolves

6 Grizzlies
5 Warriors
4 Spurs

3 Thunder
2 Rockets
1 Clippers

Wait, you think the Pelicans will be the worst team in the West? Huh?

I think your tiers are fine besides that...though I would put the Pelies in that next tier with those 5 other teams.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Look at it from a Denver perspective
-Added a coach that will develop and run offenses
-GM wise Masai is one of a kind but Connelly has done alright.
-Iggy didn't want Denver.
-Koufos disappeared in the playoffs, got a guy that can benefit Ty Lawson on pick an pops.
-Brewer? Addition by subtraction. Chandler will get more of his minutes and Fournier will get the rest. Not to mention he was the worst player on the floor for Denver game 3-6 in the playoffs last year.
-Karl is an awful defensive coach so Shaw should make up for it. Fournier has the potential to be just as good as Brewer was and Chandler is pretty good himself.

Denver fans including myself don't think we are going to win 57 maybe not even 50, but really we are still set up very good for the future and better off for the future.

but why would I? You have to look at it from a neutral perspective.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Wait, you think the Pelicans will be the worst team in the West? Huh?

I think your tiers are fine besides that...though I would put the Pelies in that next tier with those 5 other teams.

in reality i expect the tiers to be like that, but the orded does not have to be exactly like that.

but i dount barring massive injurys to one team any of them moves to a different slot/tier.

nolafan33
07-24-2013, 08:53 PM

15 Pelicans
14 Suns
13 Kings
12 Jazz

11 Blazers
10 Mavericks
9Nuggets
8 Lakers
7 Wolves

6 Grizzlies
5 Warriors
4 Spurs

3 Thunder
2 Rockets