PDA

View Full Version : Teague staying in ATL

Stunner
07-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Who knows where the Bucks go now , do they even want Jennings back ? http://hoopshype.com/

Max.This
07-13-2013, 10:11 PM
jennings is restricted, bucks cant afford to lose jennings too unless their tanking

shep33
07-13-2013, 10:11 PM
This is so awkward for Jennings now

Lo Porto
07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty happy for the Hawks on this one. Teague has shown plenty of signs of being a good NBA pg and $8 million a year is cheap.

PG Teague/Schroeder
SG Jenkins/Williams
SF Stevenson/Korver
PF Millsap
C Horford/Afro Man

Chucky Woods
07-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Tank city baby...

THE MTL
07-13-2013, 10:40 PM
How the Bucks go out and try to sign Teague and failed and now they looking at Jennings in the face. #awkward

HouRealCoach
07-13-2013, 11:25 PM
I hope Jennings stay away so the Bucks can get Parker, Wiggins, or Smart next year

Cal827
07-14-2013, 12:21 AM
:laugh: Priceless

Jennings and Milwaukee, whether either party likes it or not.

LakersMaster24
07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Its kinda sad when teams match a contract even when a player chooses another team. Essentially you're retaining a player who wants to be somewhere else.

OceanSpray
07-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Why would it be awkward for Bucks to look for Jennings? They do business and if Jennings doesn't want to play for Bucks, tons of other players can take that position.

UPRock
07-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Its kinda sad when teams match a contract even when a player chooses another team. Essentially you're retaining a player who wants to be somewhere else.

Teague loves Atlanta.

AI
07-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Teague loves Atlanta.

He personally said he didn't want Atlanta to match the offer because he wanted to play for his former coach in MIL.

sunsfan88
07-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Wow Dragic is cheaper than Teague and Dragic is much better than him too

ldawg
07-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Jennings should sign a one year deal with Bucks become an unrestricted agent next summer sign with Lakers.

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Wow Dragic is cheaper than Teague and Dragic is much better than him too

Suns fan turning this into something about the Suns. What a shocker.

king4day
07-14-2013, 01:43 PM

When do you ever see this? I'd love to see other posts because I feel like Suns talk has been buried for a couple of years now.
I've seen threads be turned into the Lakers and Heat or Kobe and Lebron, but the Suns?

king4day
07-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Jennings has to hate that Milwaukee showed they don't want him. I be he resigns for the QO and bolts next year

True Sports Fan
07-14-2013, 02:50 PM

Well, if the Hawks don't resign him they probably have to rely on someone like Tinsley, Harris. So they pretty much had to retain him.

True Sports Fan
07-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Jennings has to hate that Milwaukee showed they don't want him. I be he resigns for the QO and bolts next year

If I remember correctly, Jennings said something about wanting to leave Milwaukee during last season, so not like it's just from the Bucks side. Would be best for both sides to get Jennings out of Milwaukee, but if they deal him they need a starting caliber PG in return

king4day
07-14-2013, 03:05 PM
If I remember correctly, Jennings said something about wanting to leave Milwaukee during last season, so not like it's just from the Bucks side. Would be best for both sides to get Jennings out of Milwaukee, but if they deal him they need a starting caliber PG in return

I wonder if Charlotte and Milwaukee would do a Jennings for Henderson deal. He probably wouldn't do well with Kemba in the starting lineup but maybe have Walker as their 6th man.

HowFit
07-14-2013, 03:10 PM

and immature...

HowFit
07-14-2013, 03:14 PM
When do you ever see this? I'd love to see other posts because I feel like Suns talk has been buried for a couple of years now.
I've seen threads be turned into the Lakers and Heat or Kobe and Lebron, but the Suns?

That's why he said "what a shocker..."

FOXHOUND
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM
It is a bit awkward, as Teague did publicly say that he didn't want Atlanta to match and that he was, "ready to move on." Still, these things can be sorted out quickly once the team is together practicing again. As much as he liked playing for Larry Drew I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy playing with Horford more, rather than what they have in Milwaukee.

sunsfan88
07-14-2013, 06:58 PM
The last good young restricted free agent who signed with another team only to have the contract matched by his current team was Eric Gordon. And that sure as hell did not turn out well as Gordon did not want to play for the Hornets and then he pouted and milked his injuries all through out last season.

Hopefully Atlanta doesn't suffer the same fate. Maybe this is a sign that their finally gonna put good players around Horford. Teague has room to grow still.

kobe4thewinbang
07-14-2013, 08:00 PM
(I'm copying & pasting this from what I wrote on the article from NBA.com)

The point that Atlanta doesn’t seem to get, though they are acting completely within their rights, is that the Hawks are a mess right now and have been underachieving for years. Their GM has no idea how to build a winning team, and that is why players don’t want to keep wasting away, especially a young player like Teague.

ugafan
07-15-2013, 12:40 AM

The point that Atlanta doesn’t seem to get, though they are acting completely within their rights, is that the Hawks are a mess right now and have been underachieving for years. Their GM has no idea how to build a winning team, and that is why players don’t want to keep wasting away, especially a young player like Teague.

Our GM joined our team a year ago and proceeded to trade away the most untradable contract in NBA history as well as Marvin Williams' contract. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't reply to this thread again.

JNA17
07-15-2013, 12:48 AM
If the Bucks want to be rid of Jennings, they can take Blake and Meeks off the Lakers hands for him in a sign and trade. :D

sunsfan88
07-15-2013, 05:06 AM

They did get a new GM though. However, it should be noted that this is the GM who was GM for the Cavs when LeBron left cause they didn't put much talent around him.

I wish the Hawks would let Horford go though. He deserves to be on a good contender. They should trade him to Memphis, Denver, Chicago or something. The Bulls could give a nice package of Deng, Gibson, picks plus rights to Mirotic as well.

time4change
07-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Well, if the Hawks don't resign him they probably have to rely on someone like Tinsley, Harris. So they pretty much had to retain him.

So now they pay Jeff Teague over 8 mill a year for the next 4 years to what? Groom Schroeder?

As pissed as I was when I saw the Hawks match, however I was more so please just not to be a Hawks fan, no offense.

Yeah my team is in a pretty cruddy position as we sit however at least my team is trying to get a sense of direction, which is more than I can say about Ferry, the guy is a joke.

time4change
07-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Our GM joined our team a year ago and proceeded to trade away the most untradable contract in NBA history as well as Marvin Williams' contract. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't reply to this thread again.

This argument doesn't hold water when the team you traded him to, has an owner who has made billions of dirty money that can afford to pay their players on the side.

I don't care that he resigned Teague, it's the fact that he completely turns face and lies out of the side of his mouth about wanting Teague that makes me lose total respect for the man.

kobe4thewinbang
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Our GM joined our team a year ago and proceeded to trade away the most untradable contract in NBA history as well as Marvin Williams' contract. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't reply to this thread again.LOL, you're a Hawks fan. I was trying to give you some company.

thomass
07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
jeff Teague is a beast. it's only a matter of time b/f he's the best pg in the game.

UPRock
07-16-2013, 11:02 PM
^LOL no

SINCESTARBURY25
07-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Jennings>teague and I live in GA

Chucky Woods
07-17-2013, 01:09 AM
jeff Teague is a beast. it's only a matter of time b/f he's the best pg in the game.No.

Jennings>teague and I live in GATalent wise maybe, Intangible wise not even ****ing close.

Guppyfighter
07-17-2013, 03:17 AM
No.

Talent wise maybe, Intangible wise not even ****ing close.

Jennings may have more talent, but Teague is more important for winning and that's the bottom line.