PDA

View Full Version : Who would you choose to win a Championship first, Rockets or Warriors?

nickdymez
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Assuming no more changes are made to both teams right now, core players I guess. Who has a better chance to win?

IndyRealist
07-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Rockets. Dwight and Harden are the two best players on either team, and I like the Rocket's problem of having too many quality bigs. The Warriors are a Bogut or Curry injury from the lottery, and they are prone.

The Rockets are thin behind Harden, but he doesn't miss games.

3RDASYSTEM
07-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Let me see here, out of all the so called star or superstar players only HOWARD has led his team to the FINALS

that was easy

that RED NATION in TX

2 all nba caliber players puts you in contention in any era

ManRam
07-13-2013, 08:07 PM
doubt either will, but the upside in regards to what harden and howard can do would give them the nod.

tredigs
07-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Let me see here, out of all the so called star or superstar players only HOWARD has led his team to the FINALS

that was easy

that RED NATION in TX

2 all nba caliber players puts you in contention in any era
lol - and of those three only HOWARD is going into his 10th season (and went to those FINALS in the east in a season # that these two have yet to reach).

Rockets:

PG: Lin / Beverley
SG: Harden / Garcia
SF: Parsons / ?
PF: Terrence Jones? / Motiejunas
C : Howard / Asik

Warriors:

PG: Curry / Douglas / Euro pick
SG: Thompson / Iguodala
SF: Iguodala / Barnes
PF: D. Lee / Speights
C : Bogut / J. O'Neal / Ezeli

I actually think the Warriors have the better offense, defense, depth and team chemistry. But we'll see. One thing I don't want to see too much of is Speights + O'Neal. I think Lee or Barnes as a stretch 4 should run with O'Neal to keep the offense stronger.

PraiseJesus
07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Warriors x 1,000,000

The Rockets are a complete joke. Im sitting around like a little kid before christmas waiting for you all to see Dwight take the Rockets into the Garbage.

Dwight thinks he is Wilt Chamberlin on offense and he is really closer to Kwame Brown. In fact I think Kwame Brown shoots better ft%.

Im WAITING to see Harden pass the ball inside to Dwight 20+ times in the post

Just to see him brick both FT

I cant wait to bump this thread at that point so u can see how preposterous it was to ever think Dwight, Lin, and the Rockets have a chance to win anything

nycericanguy
07-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Rockets easily.

Best C in the game, top 3 SG, two solid PG's, and one of the better SF's out west. Best backup C as well.

GSW might not get 78 games from Curry again, and Bogut is a major risk as well.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2013, 08:36 PM
HOUSTON!! :win:
But GS have better bench right now.. GM Morey need to intensively upgrade his bench players.. Lets GO ROCKETS!!

tredigs
07-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Did Rockets fans feel that Motiejunas and Terrence Jones were as bad defensively as their RAPM shows? Especially Motiejunas' was just brutal. But it's not a great stat for Rookies, to be honest. Starts them negative and it increases its sample size/relevance over time.

Actually looking at it, Asik was the only player on their entire team that showed true +impact on the defensive side for RAPM. Registered a massive 5.37 (I think that's top 5 on D). Well Parson's slid in at 0.12+, but a slight negative offensively. Morey wasn't kidding when he said they fell apart without Asik in.

nickdymez
07-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Did Rockets fans feel that Motiejunas and Terrence Jones were as bad defensively as their RAPM shows? Especially Motiejunas' was just brutal. But it's not a great stat for Rookies, to be honest. Starts them negative and it increases its sample size/relevance over time.

Actually looking at it, Asik was the only player on their entire team that showed true +impact on the defensive side for RAPM. Registered a massive 5.37 (I think that's top 5 on D). Well Parson's slid in at 0.12+, but a slight negative offensively. Morey wasn't kidding when he said they fell apart without Asik in.

We still talking about basketball here?

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2013, 09:01 PM
:ballspinning:

Tony_Starks
07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Warriors. More depth, better coach.

clutchfan
07-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Rockets no doubt.

rockets-fan
07-13-2013, 09:19 PM

Jones and Montejunas have no defense what's so ever. Something they will probably be working on, but they can stretch the floor so if they can hold their own defensively they are a great fit with Howard. Btw Casspi is likely our back up sf but Garcia will prolblably play there more, Harden doesn't sit out much.

Anyways back to the O.P

Rockets IF, BIG IF here, Dwight plays like he did in Orlando. And maybe if Lin is more consistent which I think he will be since he was recovering a bit last season from his injury. And I hate Lin btw this is as much good as I'll ever say about him, when he's hot, he is hottt.

Btw why is everyone dissing the Rockets about how everyone can just hack a Howard?? Asik sucked money balls ft wise last year and that didn't lose us any games. In tight games at least. But we are just replacing last years center with a better defensive one and a bit more aggressive offensivly( dunks) both suck at free throws so we won't digress offensivly at all. Stop hating. This and harden getting a real offseason with these guys, remember this team was completely new last season and they surprised everyone.

tredigs
07-13-2013, 09:23 PM
We still talking about basketball here?

Most telling stat I've come across for player impact. For example, unlike PER, it knows that Sefalosha and especially Tony Allen and Iguodala are ridiculous for wings on the defensive side of the ball. Also knows Monta is a low impact player, Kyrie's a mess defensively, Rondo's D is indeed a net negative, and that Kobe is still a joke on that end. It's a stat that still needs context for certain players, but blows away something like PER that doesn't even try to account for defense (or WS/48 that might overrate high steal/block totals in favor of actually making the best play).

bucketss
07-13-2013, 09:29 PM
best sg in the game paired up with the best center, than you have great role guys like parsons,omer.. i'll go with the rocs!

tredigs
07-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Jones and Montejunas have no defense what's so ever. Something they will probably be working on, but they can stretch the floor so if they can hold their own defensively they are a great fit with Howard. Btw Casspi is likely our back up sf but Garcia will prolblably play there more, Harden doesn't sit out much.

Anyways back to the O.P

Rockets IF, BIG IF here, Dwight plays like he did in Orlando. And maybe if Lin is more consistent which I think he will be since he was recovering a bit last season from his injury. And I hate Lin btw this is as much good as I'll ever say about him, when he's hot, he is hottt.

Btw why is everyone dissing the Rockets about how everyone can just hack a Howard?? Asik sucked money balls ft wise last year and that didn't lose us any games. In tight games at least. But we are just replacing last years center with a better defensive one and a bit more aggressive offensivly( dunks) both suck at free throws so we won't digress offensivly at all. Stop hating. This and harden getting a real offseason with these guys, remember this team was completely new last season and they surprised everyone.

Oh yeah, forgot you got Casspi. And some holes aside, I agree with you for the most part. Having a top 5 offensive player and 2 top 10 defensive juggernauts that will cover 48 most nights definitely doesn't go unnoticed. They're definitely going to beast.

bucketss
07-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Warriors x 1,000,000

The Rockets are a complete joke. Im sitting around like a little kid before christmas waiting for you all to see Dwight take the Rockets into the Garbage.

Dwight thinks he is Wilt Chamberlin on offense and he is really closer to Kwame Brown. In fact I think Kwame Brown shoots better ft%.

I cant wait to bump this thread at that point so u can see how preposterous it was to ever think Dwight, Lin, and the Rockets have a chance to win anything

probably because of miami, but they have a shot to come out the west.

WadeKobe
07-13-2013, 10:36 PM
If the Rockets can work chemistry out and find ways to get max minutes out of both Howard and Asik, including lineups with both on the floor.... Thy have the potential to be very, very, very good.

Most teams don't have one good 7'. The Rockets have two. Look out.

PraiseJesus
07-13-2013, 10:36 PM
probably because of miami, but they have a shot to come out the west.

I think they have zero chance and that once the season starts it will be obvious

Bostonjorge
07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Warriors have better players.

CluTcH_c1tY
07-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Warriors MIGHT have the better depth right now, but the Rockets have Morey. Morey has proven that he's relentless and will maneuver the roster as many times to get quality role players. Having 2 of the top 15 players on one team can also lure veterans looking to win a championship (i.e Ray Alllen). Warriors are an upcoming team but they're no better than a 5th and a 1st round exit.

sfattahian
07-13-2013, 11:18 PM
I may be in the minority but I'd take Curry over Harden any day. And I'd take Bogut and Lee over Dwight and whoever plays PF for HOU. I'd also take Iguodala over Parsons. I'd take Barnes over anybody on the Rockets bench. I'd take Curry/Thompson over Lin/Harden easily. I'd take Mark Jackson over Kevin McHale. I'd take Warriors fans over Rockets fans easily also.

Warriors were title contenders last year, pushing the Spurs to six games. Houston got beat in the first round. Warriors finished above Houston last year. Warriors in a landslide, Rockets have too many missing parts.

nickdymez
07-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Warriors MIGHT have the better depth right now, but the Rockets have Morey. Morey has proven that he's relentless and will maneuver the roster as many times to get quality role players. Having 2 of the top 15 players on one team can also lure veterans looking to win a championship (i.e Ray Alllen). Warriors are an upcoming team but they're no better than a 5th and a 1st round exit.

So Morey is better than Jerry West? Who actually won a tittle as a GM????

John Walls Era
07-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Warriors x 1,000,000

Someone is emotional.

John Walls Era
07-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Warriors are a more complete team. But im not going to get mad or be surprised if the Rockets win one first like the over emotional bigots.

steveweve
07-13-2013, 11:38 PM
I give the Warriors the slight nod. Only because chemistry, Coach J(ackson) will be a huge factor, and they are so young, they kept their core intact and added one of the best wing perimeter defenders in the game, which was a big factor in why lost last postseason against the Spurs.. Don't get me wrong I understand the talent of that Houston team, but we have yet to see Howard and Harden play together. They could be the best 2 punch in the entire league, or for all we know all hell can break loose. Both teams haven't proven anything with their new looks, but heading forward for Dubnation I believe our team will only get better, thank lord for Jerry West.

3RDASYSTEM
07-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Warriors have better players.

So did SAC TOWN vs LA in 02', top to bottom, what happened again?
HEAT for lastest example in 11' FINALS

Lo Porto
07-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Teams don't win titles when they rely on the pg to be the catalyst for everything. That stopped in the early 90's with Isaiah. Teams need an elite wing.

I like Houston in this debate.

steveweve
07-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Teams don't win titles when they rely on the pg to be the catalyst for everything. That stopped in the early 90's with Isaiah. Teams need an elite wing.

Thompson is one of the top up and coming SG's in the league, above average defender. One of the best shooters in the league, however he is streaky.. Igudola is an elite wing defender, they don't need much offense out of him. I don't see where they lack wings, they are stacked @ wings bro.

Lo Porto
07-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Thompson is one of the top up and coming SG's in the league, above average defender. One of the best shooters in the league, however he is streaky.. Igudola is an elite wing defender, they don't need much offense out of him. I don't see where they lack wings, they are stacked @ wings bro.

The Warriors live by Curry and die by Curry.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I think they have zero chance and that once the season starts it will be obvious

Haha dude he didn't want the Lakers move on. Anyone in the west that's a playoff team has a shot of coming out the west is stacked. Stop hating and use the knowledge of basketball we all know you have to make rational and intelligent posts not sad pathetic emotional ones.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:02 AM

And since when do they rely on Curry to be the catalyst for everything, last time I checked they have a top starting lineup in the league, and have a great bench

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:03 AM
The Warriors live by Curry and die by Curry.

Ah, I guess Thompson/Barnes will be busts.. Igudola will play bad defense, Lee won't have any say in this, don't worry he didn't lead the league in double doubles. Bogut is an awful center, and we have no bench. You're right, Curry is the only good player on the warriors.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:05 AM
So many homers on both fans part haha it's ridiculous

Whose a better team right now and prolly this season, Warriors.

Who would win a chip first, Rockets.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:06 AM
So many homers on both fans part haha it's ridiculous

Whose a better team right now and prolly this season, Warriors.

Who would win a chip first, Rockets.

I don't understand how I am a homer if you are referring to me lol, just stating facts.. I believe this guy only checks the box scores.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Ah, I guess Thompson/Barnes will be busts.. Igudola will play bad defense, Lee won't have any say in this, don't worry he didn't lead the league in double doubles. Bogut is an awful center, and we have no bench. You're right, Curry is the only good player on the warriors.

No he is not, the warriors have plenty of good players, but without curry, they aren't a threat, especially with jack gone now. Curry is the superstar on that team and if he issnt playing, they won't be a threat.

Btw to other posters the Warriors finished two games ahead of the Rockets last year, calm down.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:09 AM
I don't understand how I am a homer if you are referring to me lol, just stating facts.. I believe this guy only checks the box scores.

By acting like there is no way in the world the Rockets can win before the warriors, homer.

Edit: my bad I thought you were someone else haha

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:10 AM
No he is not, the warriors have plenty of good players, but without curry, they aren't a threat, especially with jack gone now. Curry is the superstar on that team and if he issnt playing, they won't be a threat.

Btw to other posters the Warriors finished two games ahead of the Rockets last year, calm down.

Without Harden, Rockets aren't a threat. What's your point? Curry missed 4 games last season.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Without Harden, Rockets aren't a threat. What's your point? Curry missed 4 games last season.

My point was defending what that other poster posted lol I was just saying that he has a point not that they would be without curry or that the Rockets would be good without Harden.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Alright, well you can basically say the same thing for everyteam in the NBA. What would the Heat be without Lebron, Spurs without Parker. Thunder without Durant, it goes on and on lol.

Lo Porto
07-14-2013, 12:14 AM
The Warriors have more good players but the offense runs through Curry. And if he's out or off, who can they really run the offense through? Bogut? Lee? Ha. Jack used to run the offense when Curry struggled or was out. Douglas can't. Neither can Iggy.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:15 AM
The Warriors have more good players but the offense runs through Curry. And if he's out or off, who can they really run the offense through? Bogut? Lee? Ha. Jack used to run the offense when Curry struggled or was out. Douglas can't. Neither can Iggy.

Uh yeah they can run an offense through David Lee. Watch a Warrior game in the regular season before he got hurt in the playoffs.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:15 AM

I would also watch out for Klay Thompson and Barnes

PraiseJesus
07-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Haha dude he didn't want the Lakers move on. Anyone in the west that's a playoff team has a shot of coming out the west is stacked. Stop hating and use the knowledge of basketball we all know you have to make rational and intelligent posts not sad pathetic emotional ones.

Look at the links in my sig son

Im a very unbiased sports analyst

Im looking at what Dwight wants and was promised: That he will be a central part of the teams offense as a post presence

That means he wants to get passed the ball inside 20+ times a game.

Im logically thinking how that will work in Houston and I dont see it happening.

Harden is too Dynamic. Harden will come to the same conclusion that Kobe did:

Dwight is Tyson Chandler v2

At that point Dwight will throw his annual temper tantrum and the problems will begin

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:24 AM

Im looking at what Dwight wants and was promised: That he will be a central part of the teams offense as a post presence

Im logically thinking how that will work in Houston and I dont see it happening.

At that point Dwight will throw his annual temper tantrum and the problems will begin

I just don't see it that way and it's fine because we have different opinions. This is and will be Hardens team, Dwight can be the poster boy or face of the Rockets but Harden is going to be taking the clutch shots, and having the offense run through him more than Howard. And Howard actually choosing his destination and working with all the Rockets legends, I think he will be serviceable on offense .

But like you said I can't wait for the season to start so one or the other (sides of the argument) can feel completely stupid when he proves everyone wrong, or right in your case.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:25 AM

It isn't worth your time debating with a Rockets fan on this site.

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 12:31 AM

Because y'all warrior fans are soooooo worth the time right lmao please

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Because y'all warrior fans are soooooo worth the time right lmao please

80% of Rocket fans on this site are delusional. Howard hasn't played a single game for the Rockets yet, how did it work for LA last year? You can make the claim Kobe dominates the ball, same exact situation with Harden.. I'm glad the Warriors didn't get him, your chemistry is bound to get screwed over

Bostonjorge
07-14-2013, 12:43 AM
If Howard plays like last year the rockets will always be a 8th seed. Harden couldn't win in okc how can he win with houston.

Warriors are stacked with good players that might leave in a couple years for more $.

If both teams add another star then they can be the favorits to win it all. As of today it's the warriors since they have more talent.

Lo Porto
07-14-2013, 12:44 AM

That's the funniest and most hypocritcal thing I've read on this forum is some time.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 12:49 AM
That's the funniest and most hypocritcal thing I've read on this forum is some time.

The funniest and most hypocritcal thing I've ever read on this forum was you saying Curry is all the Warriors have.

Lo Porto
07-14-2013, 01:12 AM
The funniest and most hypocritcal thing I've ever read on this forum was you saying Curry is all the Warriors have.
Learn to read please. I said that the Warriors are led by Curry. They will go as far as he can take them. I don't think the Warriors can win a title with that much pressure on him.

Of course GS has a good roster. Losing leader Jack hurts though. More pressure on Curry now.

steveweve
07-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Learn to read please. I said that the Warriors are led by Curry. They will go as far as he can take them. I don't think the Warriors can win a title with that much pressure on him.

Of course GS has a good roster. Losing leader Jack hurts though. More pressure on Curry now.

You said something along the lines of win by curry die by curry. That's a little different from what you're saying now. Igudola > Jack

astrosmaniac
07-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Alright, well you can basically say the same thing for everyteam in the NBA. What would the Heat be without Lebron, Spurs without Parker. Thunder without Durant, it goes on and on lol.

None of those players have the injury history curry does. It's a legit worry to be more concerned with curry's health than any of the players you mentioned.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 01:40 AM

What you don't get is that more Curry and less Jack is a godsend.

None of those players have the injury history curry does. It's a legit worry to be more concerned with curry's health than any of the players you mentioned.

Agreed - but we're also talking about a guy who has only missed double digit games in one season, and much of that was just precautionary rest while the team not so subtly tanked. Though coming back too soon from his sprains is what has plagued him in the past. Which is why it's nice the team is coming in 100% rather than injured and off surgery like Curry and Bogut were last season.

bgdreton
07-14-2013, 02:01 AM
I say the warriors just bc of chemistry. The warriors do not have players who need the ball in hand to be a factor, adding Iggy will be a small adjustment for the team in comparison to adding Howard to Houston. We all know that Howard wants more touches and doesn't like pick and roll. This means he wants post up touches. This would cause everyone to play around three point line and wait for kick outs if doubled. There are glaring problems with this. First Dwight is not that good passing out of double teams ( he is capable but not great). Second Lin and harden are sub 37 percent 3 pt shooters ( only parsons I would be scared of). Third harden is most effective with the ball in his hands. There are major chemistry issues here that need to be worked out. Houston has two stars and only one ball. Wasn't that the same problem that the lakers had? I'm really trying not to be a homer but I don't see how they can co exist at a high level. I hope I'm wrong bc I like Howard and I want good warrior rocket games...

rockets-fan
07-14-2013, 02:05 AM
If Howard plays like last year the rockets will always be a 8th seed. Harden couldn't win in okc how can he win with houston.

Warriors are stacked with good players that might leave in a couple years for more $.

If both teams add another star then they can be the favorits to win it all. As of today it's the warriors since they have more talent.

Idk may e because in OKC he was a sixth man and now he's the man. Btw no way the rockets are an 8th seed if Howard plays like last year, your telling me replacing Asik with Howard from last year won't move us up at all, ok.

Bostonjorge
07-14-2013, 04:10 AM
Idk may e because in OKC he was a sixth man and now he's the man. Btw no way the rockets are an 8th seed if Howard plays like last year, your telling me replacing Asik with Howard from last year won't move us up at all, ok.

So harden couldn't win as a sixth man but can lead a team to a championship? So if okc gave the team to harden and made Durant and Westbrook his sidekicks they would of been better off? Harden couldn't beat that same okc team with no Westbrook. Howard needs more then harden to win a title.

asandhu23
07-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Definitely the Warriors.

jam
07-14-2013, 06:30 AM
The rockets, without question.

The best offense in the assoc. has now added the best center in the game, and the game's premier defender. Asik is an excellent defender also.

The only serious question mark is at PF. However, with Asik as a huge trade asset, and with the likely development of Terence Jones, this issue can be addressed and remedied, both in the short term and long term.

PraiseJesus
07-14-2013, 08:03 AM
The rockets, without question.

The best offense in the assoc. has now added the best center in the game, and the game's premier defender. Asik is an excellent defender also.

The only serious question mark is at PF. However, with Asik as a huge trade asset, and with the likely development of Terence Jones, this issue can be addressed and remedied, both in the short term and long term.

I really hope u re read this at the all star break

Guppyfighter
07-14-2013, 08:28 AM

Want to make a bet?

Greedy22
07-14-2013, 09:04 AM
If healthy I'm taking the warriors. More depth, better coach, and I like their backcourt better.

JordansBulls
07-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Warriors won a title first. They won in 1975, Rockets in 1994.:)

ManRam
07-14-2013, 11:36 AM
i have no doubt the rockets will fill out their roster with very nice depth over the span of the next season plus. GS has the more deep roster now, but i think howard and harden is the safer bet to bet on winning a title in the future...since neither are winning it this season. much like the lakers, celtics and heat of recent years, guys will start going to houston on discounted contracts to fill out that roster nicely.

nycericanguy
07-14-2013, 11:46 AM
why do HOU & GSW fans hate each other so much?...lol

both have good young teams, but I think HOU def has better pieces to win a title.

If Bogut was 100% healthy and reliable it might be different, same for Curry.

ambisme56
07-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Neither. Brooklyn will win a Championship first

nickdymez
07-14-2013, 12:53 PM
i have no doubt the rockets will fill out their roster with very nice depth over the span of the next season plus. GS has the more deep roster now, but i think howard and harden is the safer bet to bet on winning a title in the future...since neither are winning it this season. much like the lakers, celtics and heat of recent years, guys will start going to houston on discounted contracts to fill out that roster nicely.

Houston will never be an attractive destination like LA and Miami.. Howard is the only maniac that would pick houston over LA

ElChinoLatino
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
If healthy, Warriors because of depth, but it is close.

mizo21
07-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Warriors.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Oooo. Who's winning? Best time to beat the lines is the off-season! : ]

steveweve
07-14-2013, 01:44 PM

How about Rose for the Bulls? Russel Westbrook for the Thunder? What about the Wolves without Love? Yes he has had issues with his ankles, he missed FOUR games

tredigs
07-14-2013, 01:47 PM
As it stands I see two ~50 or so win teams with Finals chances depending on how the Rockets fill out their roster (if one of their young PF's improves beyond where we expect, they will be filthy) and how healthy Golden State is entering the post-season. I see GS with the potential to be quite a bit stronger overall if their core stays healthy and Klay/Barnes/Curry show improvement, and seeing as they gave SAS a steep fight while the Spurs swept the other two Western teams, I see no reason why that's not a contender.

Guppyfighter
07-14-2013, 04:51 PM
This thread is full of idiots on both sides. It's painful to read.

LakersMaster24
07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Is neither an option?

tredigs
07-14-2013, 05:50 PM
This thread is full of idiots on both sides. It's painful to read.

What are your projected rankings for the upcoming season, Guppy?

The off-season has essentially played its hand at this point. So far I've seen that you think Houston hit it big with D. Howard, that's about it.

astrosmaniac
07-14-2013, 05:58 PM
How about Rose for the Bulls? Russel Westbrook for the Thunder? What about the Wolves without Love? Yes he has had issues with his ankles, he missed FOUR games

Those players weren't mentioned and we weren't talking about those teams. If you are comparing the rockets and warriors, and you go off the premise that losing your star will cripple the team, it's more realistic to be weary of curry's health concerns than Dwight or harden. And that's based off their careers, not one season. The year before this one curry only played 26 games and the source of his missed games over the last three years have all been ankle injuries. Harden and Howard have missed significantly less time due to injuries over the last three years.

And to address your questions: I don't think anyone considers Chicago a contender unless Rose comes back almost completely healthy and yes people have expressed concerns about that. Westbrook hasn't missed a single game in his Career until now, so he's proven to be pretty durable. But even with that, yes people are questioning how good the thunder will be this year. They aren't the unanimous choice to be the #1 seed out west. And does anyone expect Min to be more than a 7th or 8th seed with or without Love?

Guppyfighter
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
What are your projected rankings for the upcoming season, Guppy?

The off-season has essentially played its hand at this point. So far I've seen that you think Houston hit it big with D. Howard, that's about it.

If I have to pick seeds right now I'd say

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Twolves

tredigs
07-14-2013, 06:17 PM
If I have to pick seeds right now I'd say

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Twolves

Seems about right, we have the same teams in varying orders:

1: OKC (this team is still absolutely loaded despite everyones doubts)
2: LAC (should be a tight division race with GS. Solid bench pickups)
3: GSW (main weakness is if they get hurt, but with one of the deeper benches can now afford it a bit)
4: Memphis (Will have a tough division race with the Spurs)
5: San Antonio (Will Manu fade before Duncan???)
6: Houston (Until I see a legitimate PF + bench and while Lin is still their PG, can't be as high on HOU as some)
7: Denver (Are still a strong team without Iggy and expect them to finish 2nd to OKC in the division)
8: Minnesota (A healthy season of Pek+Rubio+Love will be nice, tho' losing AK47 + a weak D is an issue

lincecum=future
07-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I really don't see how anyone can say either team "by a mile"

Warriors proved they can make some noise in the west last year and they have improved their team. Have core of curry/Thompson/Barnes/Iggy/Lee locked up for the next few years.

Rockets have also greatly improved their team on paper but remains to be seen how they will play together. Although I'm sure it really won't be a problem like so many people have alluded to.

Two pretty evenly matched teams with bright futures if you ask me. I bet they play in the first round if both squads stay healthy.

sunsfan88
07-14-2013, 07:09 PM
The Rockets fans-Warriors fans rivalry will be the #1 rivalry on PSD replacing the Knicks fans-Heat fans rivalry.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Butthurt nation at its finest right here. As long as, LBJ remains in Miami neither GSW or hou has a chance at the ship.. But atleast those two team cab compete, can say the same for the LA butthurts.

lol at no chance. God I wish Ray Allen's last second prayer did not go in sometimes. The heat's ***** is on a shaky pedestal on PSD right now.

tredigs
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not even a Heat fan, just being real. You're GSW fan right??? Do you honestly believe a S. Curry led team can beat a LBJ lead Heat, in a 7 game series.
I know you're not, I just think it's silly to think Miami can't be beat by these guys in the right situation.

If the cards fell right, I could see it happening. If Wade continues to decline and the Warriors were at full health (or sorry, Miami fans, if Wade gets unlucky with injury again), and with another year on the books for Ray, Miller and Battier, without a doubt.

To put it very simply - it's obviously not far fetched that their team as it's currently constructed (with Lee and Iggy) could beat San Antonio in a playoff series (seeing what they did without both, and being that they should see improvements from their youth). And we know it took a desperation three with the clock running down for Miami to beat San Antonio, so yes, through that logic they certainly could.

jam
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Lakers, dodgers, jesus.

lakers4sho
07-15-2013, 01:05 AM
neither

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
the team with 2 top 10 players on it...so houston.

PraiseJesus
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Warriors won the vote.

PSD got it right

PraiseJesus
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Lakers, dodgers, jesus.

NBA asb

PraiseJesus
07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Butthurt nation at its finest right here. As long as, LBJ remains in Miami neither GSW or hou has a chance at the ship.. But atleast those two team can compete, can't say the same for the LA butthurts.
reported for baiting

steveweve
07-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Those players weren't mentioned and we weren't talking about those teams. If you are comparing the rockets and warriors, and you go off the premise that losing your star will cripple the team, it's more realistic to be weary of curry's health concerns than Dwight or harden. And that's based off their careers, not one season. The year before this one curry only played 26 games and the source of his missed games over the last three years have all been ankle injuries. Harden and Howard have missed significantly less time due to injuries over the last three years.

And to address your questions: I don't think anyone considers Chicago a contender unless Rose comes back almost completely healthy and yes people have expressed concerns about that. Westbrook hasn't missed a single game in his Career until now, so he's proven to be pretty durable. But even with that, yes people are questioning how good the thunder will be this year. They aren't the unanimous choice to be the #1 seed out west. And does anyone expect Min to be more than a 7th or 8th seed with or without Love?

It was an example of someone who was saying if curry goes down so do the Warriors, which is true. It can be said for every team in the NBA. This off season he can finally work on his game, which is a scary thought... 2 seasons ago he continued to play regular season games at 60% and he learned his lesson that he has to heal up 100% physically and mentally before stepping back on the court. At the end of the day (mark jackson voice) he only missed 4 games last season, every player in the NBA can go down at any minute, watch out for curry next year.