PDA

View Full Version : Why Lebron James should bolt Miami in 2014?

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Lebron!! You just won your second title with the Miami Heat. But can they do it again. With league finally figuring their weakness (size), the Miami will most likely face a tougher road to the finals with Derrick Rose coming back, Paul Pierece, KG and Jason Terry going the Nets and the Knicks getting Amare and Bargnani off the bench.

So my question is: are the Miami good enough to get Lebron more rings than Jordan?

The answer is no. With Dwayne Wade's knee issues and Chris Bosh's inconsistency in the playoffs makes Miami, it will be hard for Lebron to get to 7. Therefore, he should take his talent to a new city even if he wins his third championship ring.

So what teams make sense? How about Cleveland?

The Cavaliers have a young point guard in Kyrie Irving, first pick in the draft in Anthony Bennett Dion Waiters, an improving Tristan Thompson and possibly an all star in Andrew Bynum. Would this be enough to take Lebron over the hump? Possibly. They're a young team with lots of potential. However, they cannot offer what the Los Angeles Lakers can offer.

The Los Angeles Lakers only have Steve Nash on contract. If they trade Steve Nash for an expiring, they will go from the league's highest team payroll to lowest with $0 on their payroll. With Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph and many others Lebron could potentially HANDPICK which superstar free agents he wants to play with, in other words a new superteam. He might not get another chance to do this.

THE MTL
07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Ppl act like Lebron James is just someone who hops from team to team. He had ABSOLUTELY good reason to leave Cleveland and he gave them 7 years of elite level play in the process. He did it all himself and basketball is a team sport.....thats why he left.

If he leaves Miami Heat for a team other than Cleveland (or New York lol :D), then he honestly is just a title hopper.

HouRealCoach
07-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Idk why the Heat are so hesitant to get a Center, I mean they passed on Ezeli, & won't sign a Center in FA if their lives depended on it

Slug3
07-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes lets leave a team that kept their promise of getting him titles.

canefandynasty
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
There are alot of fans of opposing teams out there right now that envy the Miami Heat to where their opinion regarding this topic should not be taken seriously.

True Sports Fan
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM
If Chicago amnesties Boozer, the Bulls may have enough cap space to get Lebron.

True Sports Fan
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Ppl act like Lebron James is just someone who hops from team to team. He had ABSOLUTELY good reason to leave Cleveland and he gave them 7 years of elite level play in the process. He did it all himself and basketball is a team sport.....thats why he left.

If he leaves Miami Heat for a team other than Cleveland (or New York lol :D), then he honestly is just a title hopper.

if he goes back to Cavs then it's for him to fillful is promise of winning Cavs a ring

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Or he could just convince Miami to dump bosh and wade

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
What about the Lakers? He could maybe team up with Kobe and another superstar.

SteBO
07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I've been trying to avoid this topic but....

Sweet Jesus you people just love to overrate Cleveland's young talent. If they were as good as you're claiming OP, then they'd likely have Lamarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love right now. But how did that turn out? Only the Cavs organization think they're that good. Nobody else does.

Listen, I wouldn't blame LeBron one bit if he went to CLE to try to win a title for those fans, because they sure deserve it given the misery they've been through as a sports town. But good luck actually accomplishing that, because Kyrie has yet to have a healthy season, Bynum is another knee injury waiting to happen, and they aren't going to attract stable options via free agency based on their free agent history.

As for the Lakers, there's nothing they can offer that Miami can't. Don't forget, Miami's got money coming off the books in 2014 as well and they have yet to use their amnesty clause, something LA's already used up. Oh, and the Heat have Pat Riley who's done a great job holding up his end of the bargain.

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:37 PM
If Haslem and Mike Miller pick up their options, the Heat will have 10 million on the books. What people are missing here is that the Lakers have no one signed past next year so $0 in total payroll. He could pick any 2 free agents he chooses.

SteBO
07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
If Haslem and Mike Miller pick up their options, the Heat will have 10 million on the books. What people are missing here is that the Lakers could potentially have no one signed past next year.
Not convinced that's going to be the case.....but in the end Miami will be in just as good a position as them. It'll depend on what LeBron's priorities are going forward after next year.

Goose17
07-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Lebron won't go anywhere, Wade isn't nearly as bad as people are making out and neither is Bosh. Besides, both are valuable trade bait. Wade had the highest PER of any off-guard during the regular season.

If anything, Bosh will be traded with a pick or bench player to bring in a competent center. They have so many guys coming off the books during next years offseason that they could make some nice moves.

Ray Allen
Joel Anthony (P)
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh (ETO)
Mario Chalmers
Udonis Haslem (P)
LeBron James (ETO)
James Jones
Rashard Lewis
Mike Miller (P)
Dwyane Wade (ETO)

All of those guys are free agents after next season^

Gortat is an appealing option out of the FA pool. But if they call around offering a S&T that packages Bosh and something else, they'll get a bite for most big men.

I reckon Wade will be with Miami until he dies.

Kyle Lowry will be a FA as well, I like the idea of him in Miami.

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:45 PM
The thing is that Lebron could pick the players he wants to play with. He won't be limited to Wade and Bosh.

SteBO
07-12-2013, 02:47 PM
The thing is that Lebron could pick the players he wants to play with. He won't be limited to Wade and Bosh.
And he couldn't do that in Miami?

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Lebron won't go anywhere, Wade isn't nearly as bad as people are making out and neither is Bosh. Besides, both are valuable trade bait. Wade had the highest PER of any off-guard during the regular season.

If anything, Bosh will be traded with a pick or bench player to bring in a competent center. They have so many guys coming off the books during next years offseason that they could make some nice moves.

Ray Allen
Joel Anthony (P)
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh (ETO)
Mario Chalmers
Udonis Haslem (P)
LeBron James (ETO)
James Jones
Rashard Lewis
Mike Miller (P)
Dwyane Wade (ETO)

Gortat is an appealing option out of the FA pool. But if they call around offering a S&T that packages Bosh and something else, they'll get a bite for most big men.

Not all those guys will be free agents. I'm sure one of these guys will pick up their player options.

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 02:50 PM
And he couldn't do that in Miami?

Miami might not have the cap space to do that especially if Haslem and Mike Miller pick up their options.

ManRam
07-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Miami won't be the best choice in FA next year, but I'm not certain we can answer or guess about this yet. It will play itself out

lajoie
07-12-2013, 02:52 PM
"Please come play with a crippled Kobe and a senior citizen in the form of Steve Nash."

-Lakers pitch to Lebron in 2014

SteBO
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Miami won't be the best choice in FA next year, but I'm not certain we can answer or guess about this yet. It will play itself out
Not to delve into this much further, but I must ask you why you think this is the case because you can't be basing this off anything concrete.

Goose17
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Not all those guys will be free agents. I'm sure one of these guys will pick up their player options.

Yes, they will all be free agents. Some of them might get extensions, but they'll probably be free agents first. You're right about the options though.

I just don't see any reason for James to leave. Miami have just won back to back championships. Even if they lose next year they're still a legit contender.

Ryan328
07-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I personally think he's staying in Miami for another 3 years or so...THEN maybe back to Cleveland.

Slug3
07-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Miami might not have the cap space to do that especially if Haslem and Mike Miller pick up their options.

Miami will just Amensty one of them then. Miami is in line to have a lot of cap space as well after this year. You really think Lebron wants to leave Miami for anywhere else? I mean Pat has done everything he has promised and would do more to keep Lebron around. I may not be a fan of Spo, but he is better then what the Lakers and Cavs have at the coaching position.

True Sports Fan
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
If Haslem and Mike Miller pick up their options, the Heat will have 10 million on the books. What people are missing here is that the Lakers have no one signed past next year so $0 in total payroll. He could pick any 2 free agents he chooses.

Lakers still have Nash's contract on books....

bucketss
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
lol he said bargnani

Slug3
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Nothing against Laker fans, but they are not what they use to be. Jerry was great at getting free agents and he is now gone (RIP). No way Mike as a coach is going to make anyone flock to go play with them. Kobe seems like he still has a huge ego problem and would be a pain to play with. All while Miami has be the winning-est team the last 10 years in the league (championship wise). Why would a FA not want to go there?

Ryan328
07-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Miami will bring back Wade, on a cheaper deal IMO, and then James will get his 5/107. I think he would only want to take 3 years or so to see what the team is like (like what he did with Cleveland in 07). I do think they will let Bosh go and look to replace his salary with a few good pieces.

FYL_McVeezy
07-12-2013, 03:17 PM
LBJ is not leaving SOUTH BEACH to go back to CLEVELAND, OHIO to go be some superhero for his hometown team.

If Wade or Bosh fades that much where it takes them out of championship contention, Pat Riley will just devise another devious plan to get another superstar to go to Miami. Stop being so gullible and listening to the media amp up this silly notion that he would return to Ohio after the way he left, and after the pinnacle he is reaching while living in SOUTH BEACH of all places.

Just stop please!

THE MTL
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Idk why the Heat are so hesitant to get a Center, I mean they passed on Ezeli, & won't sign a Center in FA if their lives depended on it

Iono maybe the fact that they been to the NBA finals three years staright and won back-to-back championships helps.

True Sports Fan
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM
LBJ is not leaving SOUTH BEACH to go back to CLEVELAND, OHIO to go be some superhero for his hometown team.

If Wade or Bosh fades that much where it takes them out of championship contention, Pat Riley will just devise another devious plan to get another superstar to go to Miami. Stop being so gullible and listening to the media amp up this silly notion that he would return to Ohio after the way he left, and after the pinnacle he is reaching while living in SOUTH BEACH of all places.

Just stop please!

Oh you didn't hear? Lakers are obviously gonna bring LeBron and Melo to play alongside Kobe and Nash ;)

Kobe-Melo-LeBron-Hill-Pau ;)

Silent
07-12-2013, 03:23 PM
I Honestly think Rose doesn't want James on the Bulls, He had a chance to pitch Lebron and he didn't

Ryan328
07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
I Honestly think Rose doesn't want James on the Bulls, He had a chance to pitch Lebron and he didn't

Nor do I think LBJ would wanna play in Chicago with MJ legacy and all....

3RDASYSTEM
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM

Ray Allen
Joel Anthony (P)
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh (ETO)
Mario Chalmers
Udonis Haslem (P)
LeBron James (ETO)
James Jones
Rashard Lewis
Mike Miller (P)
Dwyane Wade (ETO)

rarely does a player play with his team until the end unless he chooses to retire prematurely

JORDAN-DREAM-BARKLEY-SHAQ and many others didn't retire with team who drafted them, and JORDAN won 6 rings for CHI

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 03:35 PM
rarely does a player play with his team until the end unless he chooses to retire prematurely

JORDAN-DREAM-BARKLEY-SHAQ and many others didn't retire with team who drafted them, and JORDAN won 6 rings for CHI

The Heat might not have the size to win another championship.

bucketss
07-12-2013, 03:36 PM

rose is anti social, he probably starts blushing when hes in the kings presence.

Ryan328
07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Noah-Gibson-James-Butler-Rose would be pretty crazy....I'm assuming amnesty Boozer and let Deng walk

bucketss
07-12-2013, 03:47 PM
i think theres a bigger chance rose leave the bulls, his brother did say he doesn't have enough help(which contributed to him not coming back from injury) wouldn't be suprised if he bolts.

lajoie
07-12-2013, 03:55 PM

Uh, Rose did try to recruit Lebron.

Big Zo
07-12-2013, 03:58 PM

Technically, Jordan retired twice with Chicago. Lol

Devster3
07-12-2013, 04:00 PM

What you aren't getting, is that none of those players played for The Heat. The Heat organization is known for loyalty, just like the Spurs. So Yes Wade and Haslem will retire as Heat players. Most likely they will be joining the coaching staff afterwards too. It depends on what organization you play for.
-Also Why Duncan is going to retire a Spur. The organizations are loyal.

Now lets think outside the box: Bosh, Wade and Lebron are known for taking pay cuts. Wade may be the only one to opt out just so he can take a pay cut because he's smart and he guaranteed a job either on espn or with the Heat after so he doesn't have to worry.

anything is possible these days, The Heat players aren't morons and they are best friends. They may just work out something so they can win 7 championships (at least I hope so.)

Haha.

The main thing is The Heat organization preaches Loyalty. So that could be a factor leading to Lebron leaving because we are guaranteed to keep Wade or also a reason for why he stays.

FYL_McVeezy
07-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh you didn't hear? Lakers are obviously gonna bring LeBron and Melo to play alongside Kobe and Nash ;)

Kobe-Melo-LeBron-Hill-Pau ;)

:laugh:

Funny how gullible people can be. Melo and LBJ are going nowhere. There is a higher chance that Melo leaves as opposed to LBJ, but they both will end up staying put.

Now KD on the other hand.......................

ClevelandSpider
07-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Only two options I see next summer 1) stay in Miami and 2) return to Cleveland...if the Heat win it all again for a 3-peat, my money is on him staying in South Beach...Jordan and Kobe never won 4 in a row, I can't for the life of me see him pass up that chance, as the 3-time defending champs, just can't see it...now if they get bounced in lets say the 2nd round, Wade's health continues to decline and Bosh does his best Waldo impersonation, then I can see him returning to Cleveland, who's youngsters are as underrated by outsiders as they are overrated by the FO, they're somewhere in between...plus a lot of people forget the Cavs are STILL loaded with draft picks the next few years, with 1st rounders from Memphis, Miami and Sacramento to go along with their 1st round picks, plus a plethora of extra 2nd rounders...so the Cavs have youngsters, cap space and picks...IMO no way he goes to LA or anywhere else, he knows first hand you can't just assemble a dynasty overnight...Miami was beaten in the Finals their first year mainly due to LeBron not taking that next step to being the best in the game and a lack of chemistry...Boston won it their first year but only got back one more time and lost...what he has in Miami is good, Cleveland would be the next best option and he's not taking a pay cut again...

The Cavs season depends on the health of its players, you people keep bringing that up, well that's true for every NBA team...Kyrie has been out with various injuries past two years but what you casual followers of the game don't realize is that much of the time he missed he would've played if the games mattered...the Cavs didn't rush him and kept him out longer than needed because the team wasn't going anywhere, you call it tanking, I call it preserving your franchise for the games that matter most...

Finally, the Cavs of 2013 going forward aren't the hapless Cavs of LeBron's 1st 7 years in the league...Chris Grant has shown in the past 3 years he was a far better GM than Danny Ferry, one example and that's all I'll give because the fools who keep :horse: on the Cavs are in constant need of an education on the matter and it's busy work helping them understand, but he traded Mo Williams for Bo Diddy and the 1st pick in the draft, which became Kyrie Irving, enuf said, already better than Ferry...Brown is a better coach than he was and the Cavs aren't salary cap strapped and have tons of draft picks, the future looks bright and if Bynum is back and becomes and all star again like he just said and the rest of the team is healthy, Cleveland is gonna look pretty good to LeBron if the Heat fall short of expectations next June...

That being said, my money is on the Heat 3-peating and him staying in Miami...though I will say the Russian's corrupt ownership in Brooklyn might pose a formidable road block to their plans, by corrupt I mean paying AK47 $3 million in the US and $10 million back home in the motherland, guaranteed there are under the table transactions going on and I don't mind it one bit, I want the Heat to lose and LeBron to return, I just don't see it happening...

jeter 2
07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Only two options I see next summer 1) stay in Miami and 2) return to Cleveland...if the Heat win it all again for a 3-peat, my money is on him staying in South Beach...Jordan and Kobe never won 4 in a row, I can't for the life of me see him pass up that chance, as the 3-time defending champs, just can't see it...now if they get bounced in lets say the 2nd round, Wade's health continues to decline and Bosh does his best Waldo impersonation, then I can see him returning to Cleveland, who's youngsters are as underrated by outsiders as they are overrated by the FO, they're somewhere in between...plus a lot of people forget the Cavs are STILL loaded with draft picks the next few years, with 1st rounders from Memphis, Miami and Sacramento to go along with their 1st round picks, plus a plethora of extra 2nd rounders...so the Cavs have youngsters, cap space and picks...IMO no way he goes to LA or anywhere else, he knows first hand you can't just assemble a dynasty overnight...Miami was beaten in the Finals their first year mainly due to LeBron not taking that next step to being the best in the game and a lack of chemistry...Boston won it their first year but only got back one more time and lost...what he has in Miami is good, Cleveland would be the next best option and he's not taking a pay cut again...

The Cavs season depends on the health of its players, you people keep bringing that up, well that's true for every NBA team...Kyrie has been out with various injuries past two years but what you casual followers of the game don't realize is that much of the time he missed he would've played if the games mattered...the Cavs didn't rush him and kept him out longer than needed because the team wasn't going anywhere, you call it tanking, I call it preserving your franchise for the games that matter most...

Finally, the Cavs of 2013 going forward aren't the hapless Cavs of LeBron's 1st 7 years in the league...Chris Grant has shown in the past 3 years he was a far better GM than Danny Ferry, one example and that's all I'll give because the fools who keep :horse: on the Cavs are in constant need of an education on the matter and it's busy work helping them understand, but he traded Mo Williams for Bo Diddy and the 1st pick in the draft, which became Kyrie Irving, enuf said, already better than Ferry...Brown is a better coach than he was and the Cavs aren't salary cap strapped and have tons of draft picks, the future looks bright and if Bynum is back and becomes and all star again like he just said and the rest of the team is healthy, Cleveland is gonna look pretty good to LeBron if the Heat fall short of expectations next June...

That being said, my money is on the Heat 3-peating and him staying in Miami...though I will say the Russian's corrupt ownership in Brooklyn might pose a formidable road block to their plans, by corrupt I mean paying AK47 $3 million in the US and $10 million back home in the motherland, guaranteed there are under the table transactions going on and I don't mind it one bit, I want the Heat to lose and LeBron to return, I just don't see it happening...

It's not like they are guareenteed to win the finals next year. They barely won this year.

Lo Porto
07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
As a neutral fan, I hope he doesn't go anywhere but Miami or Cleveland. LBJ crushed his own image by going to Miami especially the way he did it. If he stays in Miami and keeps winning, he'll gain respect. He'll gain respect if he takes hometown Cleveland to a title as well.

If he finishes out the last two years of his contract with Miami with titles then went to Cleveland, that's a perfect scenario for LBJ and his image and his legacy.

Bostonjorge
07-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I only see him leaving if melo goes to LA then melo and kobe recruit him to also go to LA. If melo goes to LA that gives him his best chance to win multiple rings. Can't see any team beating that team.

3RDASYSTEM
07-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Why should he leave?

according to psd standards he is entering his prime and already has 4 MVP's, 2 in MIA

he won 2 in CLE in 7yrs with 1 FINALS app. and 2 in MIA in 3yrs to go along with 3 FINALS app. and 2 rings

the tough decision would be leaving MIA

RILEY has setup a dynasty, with BRON leading the way

carlthack
07-13-2013, 12:36 AM
At "the announcement" he claimed the Heat were gonna win at least 7 championships with that squad so shouldn't he stay and fulfill that promise?

amos1er
07-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Wade is pretty much done. Lebron will go wherever he can form a super team and chase a ring.

seikou8
07-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Wade is pretty much done. Lebron will go wherever he can form a super team and chase a ring.

another shot at lebron by his biggest hater that's a shock :speechless::rolleyes:

TheTreys
07-13-2013, 02:22 AM
I can see Lebron staying in Miami but I can see him leaving too. Lebron is the type of guy that only wants to win titles. He's proven that by taking less money already. The Lakers, Mavericks, Knicks, Spurs, and Cavs will probly try to steal him away next summer

amos1er
07-13-2013, 02:25 AM
another shot at lebron by his biggest hater that's a shock :speechless::rolleyes:

Actually Skip Bayless would be his biggest hater.

BTW, I am not a hater. Just truthful. Please name anything I have ever said that was untrue. Lebron formed a super team and went ring chasing in Miami. Thats a fact. Just because I called it out, doesn't mean I'm a hater.

DChibes
07-13-2013, 03:16 AM
If Chicago amnesties Boozer, the Bulls may have enough cap space to get Lebron.

As much as I would love this...it would never happen, LeBron is too scared to work hard for Tibs. No way he decides to grow a pair and join the hardworking Bulls.

But, Rose Butler Deng LeBron and Noah:cheers:

DChibes
07-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Dude Melo, Kobe, and LeBron on the same team...NASTY

Enjoy paying $300 for Standing Room Only LA

naps
07-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Wade is pretty much done

If that means still being the best shooting guard on the planet since 2005 yeah it's not a bad thing at all.

naps
07-13-2013, 03:37 AM
Congratulations Lebron!! You just won your second title with the Miami Heat. But can they do it again. With league finally figuring their weakness (size), the Miami will most likely face a tougher road to the finals with Derrick Rose coming back, Paul Pierece, KG and Jason Terry going the Nets and the Knicks getting Amare and Bargnani off the bench.

So my question is: are the Miami good enough to get Lebron more rings than Jordan?

The answer is no. With Dwayne Wade's knee issues and Chris Bosh's inconsistency in the playoffs makes Miami, it will be hard for Lebron to get to 7. Therefore, he should take his talent to a new city even if he wins his third championship ring.

So what teams make sense? How about Cleveland?

The Cavaliers have a young point guard in Kyrie Irving, first pick in the draft in Anthony Bennett Dion Waiters, an improving Tristan Thompson and possibly an all star in Andrew Bynum. Would this be enough to take Lebron over the hump? Possibly. They're a young team with lots of potential. However, they cannot offer what the Los Angeles Lakers can offer.

The Los Angeles Lakers only have Steve Nash on contract. If they trade Steve Nash for an expiring, they will go from the league's highest team payroll to lowest with $0 on their payroll. With Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph and many others Lebron could potentially HANDPICK which superstar free agents he wants to play with, in other words a new superteam. He might not get another chance to do this.

LeBron just won back to back. Why would he leave the team that's made his life a heaven and why would he trust anyone else than game's most brilliant and dynamic mind Pat Riley and one of the best owners in pro-sports, if not the best?

Now if you wanna talk about your boy Melo then we got ourselves something to talk about. You apparently have always had boner for LeBron as it seems from your thread making history.

Ezekial
07-13-2013, 03:43 AM
LOLNBAForum

ThunderousDemon
07-13-2013, 03:48 AM
If that means still being the best shooting guard on the planet since 2005 yeah it's not a bad thing at all.

:laugh2:

Nonsense.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-13-2013, 03:50 AM

These Kobephiles, man.

LOL, you're such a clown. Ban yourself.

Delrayhc
07-13-2013, 08:07 AM

BTW, I am not a hater. Just truthful. Please name anything I have ever said that was untrue. Lebron formed a super team and went ring chasing in Miami. Thats a fact. Just because I called it out, doesn't mean I'm a hater.

Good coverup.

TrueFan420
07-13-2013, 09:39 AM
He's not THAT stupid. He won't leave the heat and if he does it would only be to go back to the cavs. If he jumps anywhere else he will be ridiculed by everyone and will tarnish his legacy.

prodigy
07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
If he goes back to cleveland i don't think many people would consider him a title hopper. He promised to win a title there and part of me thinks he will honor his word.

Here are the reasons I believe he will leave the Heat.

1. D. Wade and his banged up body- Wade and Bosh will pickup their options with the Heat because i don't see other teams offering them that much money. So if Lebron also picked up his I don't believe D. Wade can play at a high level another 3 years.

2. Heat Cap Space- With Lebron, Wade, Bosh all making max dollars that hurts the Heat from siginng good FA's. They will never get anything more then old players and D-leaugers.

3. The fan base- Lebron feeds off the fans. the Heat prob have the worse fan base in sports. Flordia in general are really bad at supporting their teams. Plus the heat never sellout the arena until alittle after game time. Thats sad.

4. The Cavs young core- Thompson, Waiters, Irving, Bennett, Bynum(hopefully), AV, Zeller, Jack, Miles, Gee, Clark, Russian rookie. They have alot of pretty darn good players, Still missing that superstar though.

5. Lagacy- If he comes back and wins ships for the Cavs theres no question he will go down as the best player ever in my mind.

t_money25
07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
If he goes back to cleveland i don't think many people would consider him a title hopper. He promised to win a title there and part of me thinks he will honor his word.

Here are the reasons I believe he will leave the Heat.

1. D. Wade and his banged up body- Wade and Bosh will pickup their options with the Heat because i don't see other teams offering them that much money. So if Lebron also picked up his I don't believe D. Wade can play at a high level another 3 years.

2. Heat Cap Space- With Lebron, Wade, Bosh all making max dollars that hurts the Heat from siginng good FA's. They will never get anything more then old players and D-leaugers.

3. The fan base- Lebron feeds off the fans. the Heat prob have the worse fan base in sports. Flordia in general are really bad at supporting their teams. Plus the heat never sellout the arena until alittle after game time. Thats sad.

4. The Cavs young core- Thompson, Waiters, Irving, Bennett, Bynum(hopefully), AV, Zeller, Jack, Miles, Gee, Clark, Russian rookie. They have alot of pretty darn good players, Still missing that superstar though.

5. Lagacy- If he comes back and wins ships for the Cavs theres no question he will go down as the best player ever in my mind.

Worst fan base in sports? You must be kidding. The Heat had the third highest avg home attendance in the league last season and they were first in avg road attendance

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

You talk about the health of Wade but the Cavs just picked up Bynum who missed tons of games in LA and missed the ENTIRE SEASON last year. You're crazy if you're gonna depend on his health. On top of that, the Cavs best player who happens to only 21 hasn't been healthy since his early years in high school.

RLundi
07-13-2013, 11:08 AM
1. LeBron is NOT going back to Cleveland. Idk why people are speculating that. He will never go back there as long as his sanity is intact. Do people forget the atrocity that was his departure? The owner's horrid letter? The fans' treatment of LBJ? The fact that Cleveland is one of the least desirable cities in the United States compared to Miami, one of the most? I don't see LeBron leaving Miami at all, but ESPECIALLY not for Cleveland.

2. Why are the Knicks mentioned in the OP? Sorry, but they aren't championship contenders. Bulls, Pacers and Nets are squarely ahead of the Knicks in the east, and even they aren't all really contenders themselves. New York is absolutely not competing for a ring as constructed, at least not without a drastic revamping of their team.

RLundi
07-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Didn't you wish LeBron would blow out his knee?

RLundi
07-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Worst fan base in sports? You must be kidding. The Heat had the third highest avg home attendance in the league last season and they were first in avg road attendance

Um, he's absolutely right. Miami fans are terrible, among the worst in sports. Not just basketball, but everything. Florida in itself is very transient and not a good state for supporting its teams (though honestly Orlando has always been solid ;)).

Did you forget that a bunch of Heat "fans" left what would've been the last game of the season early? Classless. Miami loves partying, cocaine, women with plastic surgery, the beach AND THEN sports as its favorite pastimes. When you have to remind a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the league (at the time) to "fan up," you know the fanbase is absolute crap and fair-weather.

h2r09
07-13-2013, 11:43 AM
lol the ultimate test for why there really is no reason for lebron to leave is you guys bringing up the fans.

as if lebron will decide where to reside the next 6 years based on who has the best fans. i hate to break it to you guys but they couldnt care less.

slashsnake
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
The fans make no sense. They show up to see him play. Same as in Cleveland. Dead last in % of tickets sold vs. capacity the year before he was drafted. In 2010, they sold 100% of their capacity (when Lebron was there). This past season they were ahead of only Detroit (29th) in % of tickets sold.

Who knows where the Heat will be next year. Remember, they haven't used their amnesty clause yet, and Bosh/Wade's contracts would fall under that. I think that is the biggest reason why they didn't amnesty Mike Miller. Because if Bosh has an awful year, or Wade's knees get worse, they can amnesty, and re-sign Lebron and another elite player. Maybe Kobe or Dirk come back strong. Maybe a sign and trade for a disgruntled Kevin Love... Who knows, but I think that could still be the best option and he doesn't have to move.

John Walls Era
07-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Because everyone wants to go from Miami to Cleveland lol. You can make a scenario for every team and say that "Lebron can choose who he wants to play with" for all of them.

D-Leethal
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
The same reasons he left Cleveland for Miami in the first place.

I personally think he viewed Miami as a guaranteed championship and than he could truly do what he wanted once he got the monkey off his back. I think he wants to go back to being the hometown hero now that he cemented his legacy as a champ.

TheNumber37
07-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Wade will be going on 33. Where are their young prospects? Norris Cole? Whatever happened to Dexter Pittman?

Bosh would be his most productive number 2, that's not winning anything.

Bobcats!

slashsnake
07-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Wade will be going on 33. Where are their young prospects? Norris Cole? Whatever happened to Dexter Pittman?

Bosh would be his most productive number 2, that's not winning anything.

Bobcats!

With Lebron though, it doesn't need to be about young prospects. That is a gamble. Maybe you get another Bosh... maybe you get Darko Milicic.

If he is in Miami, it is a top free agent destination. If Wade isn't there, that's a near-max salary the Heat can pay to get the top free agent available.

slashsnake
07-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Really... That was a "super team" in the finals there? Bosh with that scoring outburst in the game 7, and showing us that Tim Duncan can look 25 again? Wade and his knee? The other two stars gave the heat 26 points, 11 boards and 6 assists per game COMBINED on the road to the finals in the playoffs. Yes that is right. Steve Blake and Andrew Goudelock were equal scorers to Lebrons "super team".

Bosh gives the heat 18-8. A lot less in the playoffs (13 and 7 in their championship years). The numbers he gets from the other two are worse than what Lamarcus Aldridge and Marcin Gortat put up. No he isn't on an awful team. They won't be setting any records for the worst team in NBA history the day he walks away like Cleveland did.

But I don't see the heat as any better than their 42 win season a couple years before Lebron showed up. Then they had a much better Wade, Beasley, Marion, Jermaine Oneal, and a healthier Haslem. So a team that could manage a few games over .500 is a "super team"???

And since when is going somewhere to be a champion instead of money a bad choice? When did that one happen? Cleveland wasn't a choice. They were always going to be too good to get a top draft pick, and their front office was HORRENDOUS in getting talent through trades and free agency.

Crackadalic
07-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Depending on what happens this season he might stay one more season

Bostonjorge
07-13-2013, 07:22 PM
If lebron can carry Miami this year to another championship then he might opt in to try for 4. If not then he might look for a best chance to win now.

justinnum1
07-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Who should be miami get that will take 3mil a year?

Delrayhc
07-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Um, he's absolutely right. Miami fans are terrible, among the worst in sports. Not just basketball, but everything. Florida in itself is very transient and not a good state for supporting its teams (though honestly Orlando has always been solid ;)).

Did you forget that a bunch of Heat "fans" left what would've been the last game of the season early? Classless. Miami loves partying, cocaine, women with plastic surgery, the beach AND THEN sports as its favorite pastimes. When you have to remind a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the league (at the time) to "fan up," you know the fanbase is absolute crap and fair-weather.

Thats right! We are terrible and proud of it!

D-Leethal
07-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Miami's attendance clearly doesn't tell the whole story when it comes to their fanbase. They are a touristy town and the Heat have National allure. They are gonna sell tickets as long as they are a championship team led by the 3 amigos. But the large majority of those guys buying tickets don't have deep ties to their team, they lose interest when the team is bad, they don't live and die with their team, they have to be taught how to be legitimate fans, its not natural and the arena will look like Marlins Park when the team begins to decline.

SteBO
07-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Miami's attendance clearly doesn't tell the whole story when it comes to their fanbase. They are a touristy town and the Heat have National allure. They are gonna sell tickets as long as they are a championship team led by the 3 amigos. But the large majority of those guys buying tickets don't have deep ties to their team, they lose interest when the team is bad, they don't live and die with their team, they have to be taught how to be legitimate fans, its not natural and the arena will look like Marlins Park when the team begins to decline.
Ticket prices are absurd....but in general you're pretty spot on. The real fans are on the upper deck, and there are tons of them.

TSDN
07-14-2013, 03:13 AM
I think Lebron should stay in Miami as long as he can they are gonna spend the money to make sure he always has the right pieces around him. Dan Gilbert isnt bout that life i wouldn't trust him with my future if i was lEBRON

ThunderousDemon
07-14-2013, 03:25 AM
He should only leave if he's going to the Lakers.

RiceOnTheRun
07-14-2013, 05:50 AM
The Heat have something that no other team in the NBA has. Pat Riley.

He takes care of his players, it's pretty obvious when you see most of the Heat players. None of them ever seem unhappy or discuss trade rumors too much, because it's a great situation for them. On a good day, Jim Buss is allowed to fetch Pat Riley's newspaper for him. If anyone could reload, it would be him. Just makes me imagine what the Knicks would've been like, if Pat Riley ran stuff during the 2000s instead of he-who-shall-not-be-named...

slashsnake
07-14-2013, 12:00 PM

But outside of huge markets like LA and NY, that is true about everywhere. Cleveland had the worst attendance in the league until Lebron showed up. Sold out 100% of their available seats according to NBA.com his last year there, and are now 2nd to last in % of seats sold. There are very few markets in the NBA which will sell a LOT of tickets when a team is doing poorly. Fans show up for a good game.

Nobody would call Detroit a touristy town but they went from top of the league in sellout% in their Billups/Wallace etc heyday to last this past season. Unless you are the Lakers or the Knicks, you aren't selling out your arena without a great team. Even the Celtics aren't immune, they were 20th in attendance the year before they got their big 3.

Granted I would say they have a more loyal fan base, just most fans would rather read about them or see them on tv than shell out money to see a bad Celtic team.

I would say the NFL is about the only place where teams can have fans show up no matter how their team plays. GB has a tiny market and was horrible before Favre showed up for years, but still had the 50 year waiting list for season tickets. No offense to San Antonio or OKC fans, but my guess is when their runs end and they go through lean years, their attendance will fall way off.

slashsnake
07-14-2013, 12:15 PM
The Heat have something that no other team in the NBA has. Pat Riley.

He takes care of his players, it's pretty obvious when you see most of the Heat players. None of them ever seem unhappy or discuss trade rumors too much, because it's a great situation for them. On a good day, Jim Buss is allowed to fetch Pat Riley's newspaper for him. If anyone could reload, it would be him. Just makes me imagine what the Knicks would've been like, if Pat Riley ran stuff during the 2000s instead of he-who-shall-not-be-named...

Gotta agree here. When you look at a team's attraction there are a few things to look at.

1. Front office/coaching. I think Pat Riley now has passed Phil Jackson (with his "retirement" and uncertainty if he came back to coaching that he would stay there for more than a year or two) as the #1 draw from a front office/coaching standpoint.

2. Location. Its Miami. If you have kids, Orlando is a few hours away and the Keys are fun. If you like the nightlife, its up near the top with South Beach. If you like the weather, winter in Miami (during the season) is about as good as it gets. I think LA, NY, and Miami would be your top 3 draws for most players.

3. Teammates. It has been talked to death. For Lebron, Miami may not be the best choice in 2014... But he makes Miami a top FA destination for any NBA player. They are automatically a title contender with him there. Who knows who they could bring in if they amnesty Bosh/Wade next year if one of them doesn't rebound from last year.

4. $ This is where Miami could lose out. Of course right now the luxury tax may be worth it to keep them as an elite moneymaking team. 4 finals games at 23000 people each for an average of 400 bucks on the primary market (resale average is 1200 plus) is 36 mil in revenue. Throw in increased jersey sales, avg season attendance and ability to sell tickets at a higher price, sponsor costs, tv income, etc, and that luxury tax hit might not seem so bad. It cost the Cavaliers 150 million in Value to see Lebron go.

IndiansFan337
07-14-2013, 09:11 PM
He shouldn't and he won't. He's not going to just start jumping teams. If Wade declines immensely this upcoming year LBJ will have the power to tell Riley don't re sign him and get some other talent in here next to me. That probably will not be the case.

A lot of people in the media like to talk about Wade's decline. He's been banged up and maybe is a little bit less athletic than he was 5 years ago. But who isn't? He's still a top 2-3 SG in the NBA....and it is debatable that he's still #1 with Kobe a bigger injury question and Harden still only having done it at the elite level for one year. Who are the Heat going to replace him with that is true upgrade, regardless of everyone loving to discuss his "decline"?

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 01:52 PM
he shouldn't and won't...

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
He shouldn't and he won't. He's not going to just start jumping teams. If Wade declines immensely this upcoming year LBJ will have the power to tell Riley don't re sign him and get some other talent in here next to me. That probably will not be the case.

A lot of people in the media like to talk about Wade's decline. He's been banged up and maybe is a little bit less athletic than he was 5 years ago. But who isn't? He's still a top 2-3 SG in the NBA....and it is debatable that he's still #1 with Kobe a bigger injury question and Harden still only having done it at the elite level for one year. Who are the Heat going to replace him with that is true upgrade, regardless of everyone loving to discuss his "decline"?

That decline was pretty obvious this year. He had 17 games in the playoffs where he scored less than 20 points. That is more than he had his first championship run... and throughout that entire regular season combined. Defensively the fall off looks just as bad. This year was arguably his worst post-season of his career (scored more his rookie year in the playoffs, but more complete player today).

I think that this upcoming year will either blow this Lebron FA thing up massively, or go away depending on how Wade and Bosh come back next year. If Bosh could be a 20-10 guy again with some consistency, Lebron stays. If Wade can put his knee injuries behind him, or adapt his game (a-la Jordan and Kobe) to be just as effective without the elite athleticism, this is a non-issue. If both have the same drop off next year as they had this year, well I don't think they get out of the East, and Lebron may look, barring a major change to the team to bring in new help.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 04:14 PM
That decline was pretty obvious this year. He had 17 games in the playoffs where he scored less than 20 points. That is more than he had his first championship run... and throughout that entire regular season combined. Defensively the fall off looks just as bad. This year was arguably his worst post-season of his career (scored more his rookie year in the playoffs, but more complete player today).

I think that this upcoming year will either blow this Lebron FA thing up massively, or go away depending on how Wade and Bosh come back next year. If Bosh could be a 20-10 guy again with some consistency, Lebron stays. If Wade can put his knee injuries behind him, or adapt his game (a-la Jordan and Kobe) to be just as effective without the elite athleticism, this is a non-issue. If both have the same drop off next year as they had this year, well I don't think they get out of the East, and Lebron may look, barring a major change to the team to bring in new help.

wade will be fine this year. he was obviously injured in the playoffs, he had a solid regular season. he didn't just all of a sudden decline right when the season ended and the playoffs started lol. the heat just need to manage him better during the regular season. i think the win streak actually hurt them since wade got the initial injury during it, and they didn't rest him right away but played him through it because of the streak.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 04:42 PM
wade will be fine this year. he was obviously injured in the playoffs, he had a solid regular season. he didn't just all of a sudden decline right when the season ended and the playoffs started lol. the heat just need to manage him better during the regular season. i think the win streak actually hurt them since wade got the initial injury during it, and they didn't rest him right away but played him through it because of the streak.

well his regular season wasn't even usual wade (lowest scoring since his rookie year, rebounding down, etc.)

And if that was playing him too much this past season, I think that proves my point. Was 70 games too much to ask? The only year he played fewer minutes per game in his career was last year. We are talking about a guy who's game is predicated on his athleticism having a knee injury in his 30's. He was rested in that streak too. I think the final couple games of it they rested him for what he said was a minor injury at the time.

We will see next season. Maybe his body will hold up and he will be the same wade who bangs down the middle. I hope so, because I think he might have a tough transition to being a jump shooter. And it is great news he shouldn't require surgery for it.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 05:26 PM
well his regular season wasn't even usual wade (lowest scoring since his rookie year, rebounding down, etc.)

it wasn't bad at all though, people make it seem like it was bad almost lol. his rebounding wasn't down he averaged 5 a game which is his career average. and lowest scoring since rookie season yes, but on lowest shot attempts since his rookie season and a career high FG%. and he was still i think 8th in the league in PPG. steals and blks were good as usual, only other thing down was assists at 5 a game, but that's been the case ever since lebron has been around to take the ball out of his hands, and its actually the most assists he's had since the big 3 formed.

And if that was playing him too much this past season, I think that proves my point. Was 70 games too much to ask? The only year he played fewer minutes per game in his career was last year. We are talking about a guy who's game is predicated on his athleticism having a knee injury in his 30's. He was rested in that streak too. I think the final couple games of it they rested him for what he said was a minor injury at the time.

We will see next season. Maybe his body will hold up and he will be the same wade who bangs down the middle. I hope so, because I think he might have a tough transition to being a jump shooter. And it is great news he shouldn't require surgery for it.

ya all that's true. after having surgery last offseason i'm glad as well that that doesn't appear to be the case this offseason for him at least. i think he'll have a very good season, but only time will tell i guess.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 05:39 PM
it wasn't bad at all though, people make it seem like it was bad almost lol. his rebounding wasn't down he averaged 5 a game which is his career average. and lowest scoring since rookie season yes, but on lowest shot attempts since his rookie season and a career high FG%. and he was still i think 8th in the league in PPG. steals and blks were good as usual, only other thing down was assists at 5 a game, but that's been the case ever since lebron has been around to take the ball out of his hands, and its actually the most assists he's had since the big 3 formed.

Well he scored about 1000 fewer points for the Heat than he did 5 years ago via lower scoring average and injuries. Dwyane year 1 with Lebron, 25.5 points, 6.4 rebounds. Year 3 21.2 points 5 rebounds.

His shooting % went up but that is because he is no longer taking 3's. He shot 53.4% inside the 3pt line and 30.6% from beyond in year 1 of the big 3. He shot 53.7% inside and 25.8% outside this year. Much smarter shooting (how Pat let him shoot 200 three's a year was beyond me for those few years), but not necessarily better.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Well he scored about 1000 fewer points for the Heat than he did 5 years ago via lower scoring average and injuries. Dwyane year 1 with Lebron, 25.5 points, 6.4 rebounds. Year 3 21.2 points 5 rebounds.

His shooting % went up but that is because he is no longer taking 3's. He shot 53.4% inside the 3pt line and 30.6% from beyond in year 1 of the big 3. He shot 53.7% inside and 25.8% outside this year. Much smarter shooting (how Pat let him shoot 200 three's a year was beyond me for those few years), but not necessarily better.

good points, but still it was a solid season. especially when his doctors said he wouldn't be his usual self until the allstar break coming back from offseason knee surgery. he had to rehab all off season instead of working on his game which takes a toll as well, and he was busy promoting his book too much probably. hopefully he'll have a better offseason basketball wise and come back strong this year. i know there's valid reasons for doubt, but wade has proven the doubters wrong so many times, i'm not gonna be one of them that's for sure...he'll have a very good season i'm calling it now.

slashsnake
07-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Agreed... It is just a risky situation and hard to tell if that decline will continue or if he will rebound from it. I doubt he is ever the Wade he was 5-6 years ago, but he doesn't need to be that Wade anymore with Lebron.

And I don't think he really has the old man game to play after his athleticism leaves. Kobe's got that deadly jumper. Jordan got that post up game. Dominique didn't and kinda went thud.

Melo always looked to me like a guy who would transition nicely into the old man game for some reason.

Krizzle88
07-15-2013, 06:57 PM
He'll join the team that will give me a free ride to another nba title it's that simple

todu82
07-15-2013, 07:29 PM
No, he should sign long-term with Miami.

3RDASYSTEM
07-15-2013, 07:51 PM
The Heat might not have the size to win another championship.

that's what the experts said when they formed the trio along with weakness at PG spot, it showed in 11' the most obvious but they also got beat up on glass during this past back to back title run

3 straight Finals with no legit on the block big man, they might not need one since BRON eats up the boards and you cant have no player taking stats from him that aint worthy, and none are on the market of worthy and the only one worthy was scooped up by HOUSTON, JEFFERSON takes a strong second place prize for big man worthy

NYK|NYY
07-15-2013, 07:53 PM
I honestly hope he stays. I don't want to see him turn into some mercenary type player.

3RDASYSTEM
07-15-2013, 08:00 PM
He'll join the team that will give me a free ride to another nba title it's that simple

JORDAN needed a free ride from BIRD/MAGIC/ZEKE

they all had to get old and injured and STERN turned the bad boys into choir boys after mopping up and shutting down JORDAN in the playoffs over and over, where it never counted against him until he won his first ring,then he never lost again so everyone magically assumed he just went to his 1st postseason, 7yrs into his career

he gave CAVS 7yrs of all nba mvp caliber play and they couldn't ante up and put a WADE/BOSH together with him in 7yrs in CLE, he didn't free ride nothing he exercised his free agent rights and picked the best situation for him and his fam, just like owners who cut-release-trade players/nitpick on deals/cry about tax penalty when they are billionaires and so on at their liking

it works both ways, the owners are free riding off the players, nobody is paying to see the owners play but they are definitely paying for the owners promotion of his franchise by generating big big $$$$$ revenue, despite lockouts and finger pointing

I Rock Shaqs
07-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Sign and trade to Toronto for Rudy Gay...BOOK IT!

bucketss
07-15-2013, 08:16 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS04Qq8n4GESpIXB3yjZ0hSAmzDKz7mG oWG3w0H9EMUHHEB8UAz_A

jeter 2
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
that's what the experts said when they formed the trio along with weakness at PG spot, it showed in 11' the most obvious but they also got beat up on glass during this past back to back title run

3 straight Finals with no legit on the block big man, they might not need one since BRON eats up the boards and you cant have no player taking stats from him that aint worthy, and none are on the market of worthy and the only one worthy was scooped up by HOUSTON, JEFFERSON takes a strong second place prize for big man worthy

I think that's what gets them next season. They don't have enough big men. I could really see the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks and Nets exploiting them down low.

ATX
07-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I think that's what gets them next season. They don't have enough big men. I could really see the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks and Nets exploiting them down low.

That's what they've been saying for three years...And every time Miami prevailed and went on to the finals. Signing Birdman last year was a huge help...Possibly signing Oden for next season as they gun for a 3rd straight title could potentially be another answer to their lack of size. Oden is probably fools gold, but who knows. Maybe he can stay healthy, as he'll only be asked to play 15-20 minutes a night.

bucketss
07-15-2013, 08:46 PM

lol this is literally said every year.

bucketss
07-15-2013, 08:48 PM
also LOOL!! at the fact the knicks exploiting them with their big man!!! who bargnani?

ATX
07-15-2013, 09:02 PM
also LOOL!! at the fact the knicks exploiting them with their big man!!! who bargnani?

But they're getting "Better" while Miami does nothing!!

SMH

jeter 2
07-16-2013, 04:32 PM
lol this is literally said every year.

They were one Ray Allen three away from losing and if Lebron doesn't get past Paul George in Game 1. Who knows? Maybe they lose in the ECF.

Munkeysuit
07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Watch the Throne ...

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
They were one Ray Allen three away from losing and if Lebron doesn't get past Paul George in Game 1. Who knows? Maybe they lose in the ECF.

you can play the what if game all day, doesn't matter. what if wade were healthy in the playoffs? would there be any game 7s? probably not.

jeter 2
07-17-2013, 11:48 AM
you can play the what if game all day, doesn't matter. what if wade were healthy in the playoffs? would there be any game 7s? probably not.

Yes. They would. What if everyone they played was healthy? I don't think they would get past the Bulls or the Pacers.

ATX
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes. They would. What if everyone they played was healthy? I don't think they would get past the Bulls or the Pacers.

All your woulda, shoulda, coulda's won't change a thing. B2B.

justinnum1
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
:dance:

Lots of salty tears in this thread. Haters can suck it.

TheIlladelph16
07-17-2013, 12:18 PM
lol at "they almost lost to the Spurs"... So what?

When the buzzer sounded, the Heat were the ones who were champs. People use that scenario as a negative factor, but I look at it as a positive. In the most pressurized situation they could be in, the Heat STILL persevered and won.

EL_MACHETE
07-17-2013, 02:07 PM
I doubt it would EVER happened but what if LeBron/Melo or both goes to L.A then Kobe would be the odd man out..
Then I could see Kobe with two possible teams..

Chicago Bulls to team up with Rose & Noah

Oklahoma City Thunder to team up with Durant, Westbrook & Ibaka

I know its a long shot but it'll surprise everyone

Bostonjorge
07-17-2013, 02:13 PM
If melo goes to LA then lebron can pick to play with wade and bosh or kobe and melo. Don't see lebron leaving wade and bosh for any other team but kobe and melo. Lebron is made for LA.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2013, 02:14 PM
I doubt it would EVER happened but what if LeBron/Melo or both goes to L.A then Kobe would be the odd man out..
Then I could see Kobe with two possible teams..

Chicago Bulls to team up with Rose & Noah

Oklahoma City Thunder to team up with Durant, Westbrook & Ibaka

I know its a long shot but it'll surprise everyone

kobe would stay to try to get that 6th ring and because he won't wanna leave LA in his last year or 2. but it wouldn't work out because he wouldn't be able to handle being the 3rd option on a team and would sabotage everything trying to be the man lol.

jeter 2
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
If Lebron doesn't win, he'll probably be gone. He'll do the same thing to Miami as he did to Cleveland.

kswissdaf
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Lebron has the choice to join prime kobe prime gasol bynum odom in 2010 says no. Now he has a broken down Kobe broken down gasol and no role players and hes going to join now?

ChicagoJ
07-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Lebron would be seen as a team hopper if he leaves. He does need a stacked team to be successful, but he has that in Miami so why leave?

The thing that interests me is when lebron doesn't have a team as stacked as the heat are, where will his level of play fall to? It seems right now he's on the best team he's probably going to have in his career, so it will be interesting to see how good he is when he doesn't have the help he currently has.

hotdalton18
07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Your dumb

#loveheathaters

kdspurman
07-17-2013, 04:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZi9DfCEAALLBc.jpg

jeter 2
07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZi9DfCEAALLBc.jpg

He'll bolt and leave Heat fans just as shocked as Cavs fans were.