PDA

View Full Version : With all the additions BK has made.

herewegocubbies
07-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I can honesty see them either, gel good with all that depth and finally be the ones to eliminate the Heat in the East.

OR completely blowing up in their face and possibly have a worse season then the Lakers had last year.

With KG grabbing rebounds and playing D, Lopez scoring 20+ ppg, Dwill facilitating more and scoring less, And even if with PP and JJ one being hot and one not, I think they can take down the Heat. They are loaded with talent and only time will tell if they will be able to click well together. Either way I think this is the most interesting thing to watch this season. That being said they have a lot of guys that have been stars in this league and if they don't somehow find some chemistry together they can really blow up hard ala Lakers.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
I can't see them beating Miami. And JJ is never hot in the playoffs, he shrinks like a unit after getting out of a cold pool, sorry.

AI
07-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Can we please press pause on beating anyone until we see how they actually play together/gel?

Last year people jumped the gun on the Lakers, how did that turn out?

Games are won by playing them, not on paper.

Avenged
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Maybe in their primes but they will definitely be a threat.

Lake_Show2416
07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Miami had difficulties stopping Hibbert, both KG & Lopez can score well, than u factor is the other talented players on the roster, the Heat r in trouble if they can't sign a legit center

abe_froman
07-11-2013, 08:15 PM
I can't see them beating Miami. And JJ is never hot in the playoffs, he shrinks like a unit after getting out of a cold pool, sorry.

i can,i think they're a good matchup against miami.they have good inside presence that the the heat are vulnerable at,several guys that can handle ball handling duty to keep from being trapped,guys who have shown the ability to get hot and be explosive scorers.

not saying they def will,just that out of all the teams in the nba,sans spurs ,they probably have the best shot at it.

ManRam
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM
i'm gonna wait and see how they actually look together on a basketball court before i start suggesting that they can beat the heat. too much could go wrong

More-Than-Most
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM
They are not close to the Heat and are still not as good as the pacers/Bulls in my opinion. I am not a fan of the KG/PP trade but the other trades were good. I think they are maybe a top 8-10 in the NBA with the new addition today but have next to no shot at winning a title and its sad that they screwed their future on so many aged players.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Health will be the biggest factor during the season. Making sure Pierce and Garnett get rest during the season for the playoffs is key. If we can be semi near 100% going into the playoffs we should be able to seriously challenge the Heat.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2013, 08:19 PM
They are not close to the Heat and are still not as good as the pacers/Bulls in my opinion. I am not a fan of the KG/PP trade but the other trades were good. I think they are maybe a top 8-10 in the NBA with the new addition today but have next to no shot at winning a title and its sad that they screwed their future on so many aged players.

The Nets could get Lebron, Durant, and Cp3 and you'd still hate it.

Guppyfighter
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
I thought the deal for pierce and KG was stupid from their perspective, but that will be fun to watch, which is why I love it.

Also, that AK47 deal they got, that's amazing.

More-Than-Most
07-11-2013, 08:22 PM
The Nets could get Lebron, Durant, and Cp3 and you'd still hate it.

I would buy season tickets. I have no hate for the nets at all and have been a D-Will defender for years. If I hate any team its probably the knicks. I also didnt know saying a team is a top 8-10 team is having hate. That is pretty good but for what their payroll is and what they gave up they should be a top 2 team and they are not. Not close.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2013, 08:25 PM
I would buy season tickets. I have no hate for the nets at all and have been a D-Will defender for years. If I hate any team its probably the knicks. I also didnt know saying a team is a top 8-10 team is having hate. That is pretty good but for what their payroll is and what they gave up they should be a top 2 team and they are not. Not close.

I just personally have never seen you make one positive comment about them. Not to say that you should or shouldn't but I just see signs of hating the team in general no matter what move they make.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

More-Than-Most
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
I just personally have never seen you make one positive comment about them. Not to say that you should or shouldn't but I just see signs of hating the team in general no matter what move they make.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

I hate JJ and dislike Brook to be honest. I think Brook is a great offensive player who lacks on defense/Rebound but turned it around a bit this year. I am probably the hardest on him. I was one of the bigger D-Will defenders but there is only so much you can say until he turned it around this past season. I have no love for the knicks or the Nets. I hate the knicks more than I do the Nets and up until this recent signing thought the knicks were slightly better than the Nets. I am just not a fan of how their team is constructed and what they keep giving up for aged talent.

Metsboi69
07-11-2013, 08:34 PM
I consider myself a conservative, almost pessimistic Nets fan. But this team is going to damn good. You have to give Miami the respect it deserves as #1 in the east, but the Nets should be right there with the Bulls for the #2 seed.

Oldmantrash
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Dam, you don't think we have have a chance, shucks I thought we could.
Sorry....lol

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I love the hate!

Rockice_8
07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Well Knicks fans are clearly not happy about this.

Delrayhc
07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Miami had difficulties stopping Hibbert, both KG & Lopez can score well, than u factor is the other talented players on the roster, the Heat r in trouble if they can't sign a legit center

Thats been said for the past 3 seasons.

ManRam
07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
I love the hate!

one person said he didn't think they were as good as the bulls or the pacers. besides that, where's the "hate"? hell, suggesting a team thrown together this quickly is already a top 4 team in the east is far from "hate".

unless i'm reading the wrong thread here....

Ebbs
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM

well except in this years best post season game lol. He was on then,

Delrayhc
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I love the hate!

Good!

More-Than-Most
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
one person said he didn't think they were as good as the bulls or the pacers. besides that, where's the "hate"? hell, suggesting a team thrown together this quickly is already a top 4 team in the east is far from "hate".

unless i'm reading the wrong thread here....

Its their health and age that also concerns me...We seen what happens when teams get thrown together with what people think are great players like the Lakers. I am not saying they are a horrid team...8-10 in the NBA is about where I have them. I just think there is way to many question marks to think they are close to the heat or even better than a team like the bulls/pacers. Now could they be? Of course. I just wouldnt bank on it

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I believe that in the East Miami is the only team right now that has a clear edge. As much as everyone wants to say on paper its great but let's see how they play, in which I totally agree, we don't know how Rose comes back for the Bulls? I think it is still premature to write off the Bulls being better than the Nets this soon, and vice versa. To predict is one thing but for those saying that right now one is better than the other is silly.

Teeboy1487
07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
For some reason this feel different from the Lakers last year. Honestly, the threat of injuries is with every team in the league. What I'm saying is, if the Nets enter the playoffs healthy next year, they will be a huge threat.

greg_ory_2005
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm excited to watch them play. That's for sure.

denverfan66
07-11-2013, 09:16 PM
The teams that win and advance in the playoffs end up being determined by who has the best player. As star-studded as this team is, I don't see one of their players outperforming Lebron or a healthy Rose in a 7 game series. If he keeps improving, George could be added to that list.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
i can,i think they're a good matchup against miami.they have good inside presence that the the heat are vulnerable at,several guys that can handle ball handling duty to keep from being trapped,guys who have shown the ability to get hot and be explosive scorers.

not saying they def will,just that out of all the teams in the nba,sans spurs ,they probably have the best shot at it.

They won't have the defense to handle Miami. Not even close honestly. The only way to stop Miami, currently, is elite interior defense, to keep Bron an co. away from the rim, and a team that is athletic, deep, and has shooters. I don't see Brooklyn as a threat to the Heat.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Dam, you don't think we have have a chance, shucks I thought we could.
Sorry....lol

all things equal (both teams healthy), no, I don't think the Nets can beat the Heat in a playoff series.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
well except in this years best post season game lol. He was on then,

I enjoy sample size. Of which, Joe Johnson becomes a butt reaming average starter by NBA standards come playoff time, and that is being nice.

Slug3
07-11-2013, 09:22 PM
I love the hate!

Welcom to the table, lol.

ohreally
07-11-2013, 09:27 PM

This is a stacked team. Anything can happen, but to say they are not better than Bulls or Pacers is absurd. Pierce and KG playing limited minutes will be huge. A complet bench will be huge. They do have Kidd coaching, but no one can seriously say they are not among a handful of teams that might seriously vie for the title. Hate or not, you're really not judging this with an open mind. Pacers still have lots of weaknesses. Chicago is a well coached team and Noah is an enigma, but they're no powerhouse either.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
This is a stacked team. Anything can happen, but to say they are not better than Bulls or Pacers is absurd. Pierce and KG playing limited minutes will be huge. A complet bench will be huge. They do have Kidd coaching, but no one can seriously say they are not among a handful of teams that might seriously vie for the title. Hate or not, you're really not judging this with an open mind. Pacers still have lots of weaknesses. Chicago is a well coached team and Noah is an enigma, but they're no powerhouse either.

Why? You are talking about the two teams who may very well be 1-2 in defense, with a healthy Rose returning. On top of that, there is the natural progression of George/Hibbert, etc to factor in. The Nets are stacked on paper, but employ a TON of old players who are at risk of missing time or declining, and that is a real fact.

ohreally
07-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Why? You are talking about the two teams who may very well be 1-2 in defense, with a healthy Rose returning. On top of that, there is the natural progression of George/Hibbert, etc to factor in. The Nets are stacked on paper, but employ a TON of old players who are at risk of missing time or declining, and that is a real fact.

Nets already matched up well with the Pacers, rose is a s much a question mark as anyone else, and injuries could happen to anybody. Who are all the old players? The Celtics, really. But even Pierce isn't ancient and with all the pieces they have both Pierce and KG will play limited minutes. Every player goes through rough patches, but the'r are a lot of very capable guys on this team. They might be subject to being run off the floor by a young team, but I wouldn't bet on that in the playoffs.

leprechaun5
07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
dwill/livingston/taylor
jj/terry
pierce/ak47
kg/blatche/teletovic/evans
lopez/plumlee

if healthy they can challenge the heat .

smood999
07-11-2013, 09:56 PM

yup see Knicks last season of the possible negatives of being so old and Lakers last season as a cautionary tale of being paper champions

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
With the AK signing, we are now there talent wise. Just need to stay healthy and work on the chemistry throughout the regular season.

This move now puts us in the same tier as the Bulls/Pacers, used to have them ahead and Nets at a clear 4th.

ee
07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Even without kg and pierce, they are still 4th in the east....they only lost hump and crash... Replaced by ak....

Pierce and kg can get all the rest they need with ak and blatche playing more...

shep33
07-11-2013, 10:03 PM
They have a shot at beating Miami. Not saying they will because they still have to mesh, but the talent is there. Insane talent.

5ass
07-11-2013, 10:21 PM
That AK addition was a strange signing. I cant help but think AK is getting a yacht full of *****es somewhere in Russia. Prok's little present.

Pacerlive
07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
With the AK signing, we are now there talent wise. Just need to stay healthy and work on the chemistry throughout the regular season.

This move now puts us in the same tier as the Bulls/Pacers, used to have them ahead and Nets at a clear 4th. I agree with this and most logical Bulls and Pacer fans would agree. The X factor is Kidd as the coach to which I am not sold as a fan who think he can navigate this team in game when it matters.

The team no doubt is stacked but they need to have a defensive identity to beat the Heat. That means Lopez has to step up which is an impossible task when you consider Joe Johnson as a wing defender and a old Paul Pierce. Wade and Lebron will cause the Nets bigs to get into foul trouble and that is the weakness I see in the Nets team.

Bostonjorge
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
The nets are the second best team in the east. They match up the best against the heat then any other team in the east. We will see.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2013, 11:49 PM
I agree with this and most logical Bulls and Pacer fans would agree. The X factor is Kidd as the coach to which I am not sold as a fan who think he can navigate this team in game when it matters.

The team no doubt is stacked but they need to have a defensive identity to beat the Heat. That means Lopez has to step up which is an impossible task when you consider Joe Johnson as a wing defender and a old Paul Pierce. Wade and Lebron will cause the Nets bigs to get into foul trouble and that is the weakness I see in the Nets team.

A great defensive scheme is what we most need and that Lawrence Frank will have control over - not Jason Kidd. Kidd has already said that in the beginning (these summer league, pre-season games) it will be Frank covering the defense and Welsh (George Karl's assistant) working on offense while Kidd learns the X's and O's from them and has final say on decisions. This year will be more of a team effort in coaching. I'm confident that those 3 minds will at the very least get us past the Knicks and healthy Cavs/Pistons and hopefully ahead of one of the Bulls/Pacers (want to avoid that 4th seed).

Jarvo
07-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Keep calm & wait til the new season start.

4milesperday
07-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Who would you rather have, the whole Nets team or Lebron James. I rest my case!

JEDean89
07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
lebron james

Federal Reserve
07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
The Nets have a bunch of old guys on the team. I can tell you now: the Nets will be fortunate to finish the regular season as the 5th seed.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2013, 12:05 AM
The Nets have a bunch of old guys on the team. I can tell you now: the Nets will be fortunate to finish the regular season as the 5th seed.

Your sig is a perfect response to that statement.

diu9leilomo
07-12-2013, 12:07 AM

This move now puts us in the same tier as the Bulls/Pacers, used to have them ahead and Nets at a clear 4th.

Bro, based on your sig, do you hate VC? Just curious.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Bro, based on your sig, do you hate VC? Just curious.

Didn't like him on the Nets. Knew he would get us more wins based on talent but I missed the Martin/Kittles days. He joined our team just a few years after we had made it to the Finals. Never saw the drive and passion in him. Him not being in my sig doesn't mean I hate him. Doesn't deserve a mention due to character size limits haha.

--23--
07-12-2013, 12:20 AM
If everything goes right they should be a damn good team. The "scary" thing about them is that KG & Pierce don't have to be heavily depended on like when they was on the Celtics, so that keeps them fresher though-out the season/playoffs. Also they have very solid weapons at each starting position along with a solid bench.

Can't wait to see KG's impact on Brook Lopez.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2013, 12:24 AM
If everything goes right they should be a damn good team. The "scary" thing about them is that KG & Pierce don't have to be heavily depended on like when they was on the Celtics, so that keeps them fresher though-out the season/playoffs. Also they have very solid weapons at each starting position along with a solid bench.

Can't wait to see KG's impact on Brook Lopez.

The two points you just made are what I've been repeating over and over again when the age of those two are questioned. The KG mentality ALONE makes this trade that much valuable.

mavwar53
07-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Sort of reminds me of the lakers getting Malone and Payton, looks great but I don't think it's going to work well.

And with Kidd coaching, I think he has respect but not the way Doc would have respect from KG and PP, respect from them as a player, but as a coach who knows, very easily could blow up.

Good thing is the east is weak after the first 5 teams atop which I'd include the nets in right now, very possible they have big struggles at points during the season and get it together the final 20 games and carry the momentum into the playoffs and win it all.

I think what happens though is an inexperienced coach has troubles with being friends with players and tries to please KG, PP, JJ, and DWill and coaches situations very poorly, that they end up out in the 1st round to the Pacers in a 4/5 seed match up.

ee
07-12-2013, 12:36 AM
nets weakest link last season were evans and crash who averaged 10points combined....can't wait...

BIG worm
07-12-2013, 01:03 AM
i like what the Nets have done, but the wildcard to me is Kidd. I mean a year ago all these guys were playing against him, no they have to look up at him as a coach....could get sketchy.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-12-2013, 01:06 AM
i like what the Nets have done, but the wildcard to me is Kidd. I mean a year ago all these guys were playing against him, no they have to look up at him as a coach....could get sketchy.

I actually think they would embrace him more than a random coach like Shaw or Hollins.