PDA

View Full Version : Lakers & Nick Young agree to terms.

Ryan328
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Per Stein, Aldridge, Shelburne twitter. Young & Meeks are gonna be chucking all day

ManRam
07-11-2013, 05:30 PM
For the minimum it's fine. He'll be a headache more often than not, but he gets hot occasionally.

Not certain he's a D'Antoni guy or not. On one hand, he's ALL offense. But he doesn't really pass the ball, like at all...and D'Antoni really likes guys to push the ball and zip it around.

The Lakers certainly will be interesting next year.

Swift Game
07-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Lakers sign Nick Young
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Aust
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Lakers better score 120 a night because we'll be giving up 115.

A lot of fans got the guy they wanted. They've been clamoring for him for awhile now.

Ryan328
07-11-2013, 05:33 PM
He's prob gonna be the starting SF assuming MWP does infact get amnestied.

kblo247
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM
LA kid ... Reporters were scooped by the twitter kid again lol

kblo247
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Will be nice to have someone who can take a shot n not give it kobe 30 ft out w 4 secs. 2 people because Farmar and young don't care about fg%

Chacarron
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
For the minimum it's fine. He'll be a headache more often than not, but he gets hot occasionally.

Not certain he's a D'Antoni guy or not. On one hand, he's ALL offense. But he doesn't really pass the ball, like at all...and D'Antoni really likes guys to push the ball and zip it around.

I am assuming Nick Young respects Kobe enough to listen and pass the ball around. Can't have two people hogging the ball, after all there is only one basketball.

RLundi
07-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I am assuming Nick Young respects Kobe enough to listen and pass the ball around. Can't have two people hogging the ball, after all there is only one basketball.

Lol I don't think Nick Young respects anybody.

In fact, I'm unconvinced that Nick Young thinks at all.

Stunner
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Will be nice to have someone who can take a shot n not give it kobe 30 ft out w 4 secs. 2 people because Farmar and young don't care about fg%

Farmar had a good fg% in New Jersey off the bench

DillyDill
07-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Leeeggooo love the pickup USC product 2

Aust
07-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Our defense is going to be so amazing this year..

BIG worm
07-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Lakers fans wanted Nick Young???? They must all be thinking "tank, tank, tank". Kobe would never ever let that happen, you guys know better! I actually think the Lakers will be a better team this year than last. With all the Dwight tension gone i believe this team will perform better. Unfortunately, it still will not be to get out of the first or second round come playoff time.

nickdymez
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Your a massive hater. Your little "The Lakers will be interesting next year" line doesnt fool me...

ManRam
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM

I don't know man. Swaggy P gon' Swaggy P.

We'll see. Time will tell. Impossible for us to know if he respects Kobe enough. Most playing snap into line with Kobe, but a few from time to time haven't.

But either way, it's worth the risk.

Jenceman
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM

We'll see. Time will tell. Impossible for us to know if he respects Kobe enough. Most playing snap into line with Kobe, but a few from time to time haven't.

Haha I remember Von Wafer

True Sports Fan
Lakers gearing up for another championship run

Jenceman
Your a massive hater. Your little "The Lakers will be interesting next year" line doesnt fool me...

You give Laker fans a terrible terrible reputation.

ManRam
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM

Thank you for once again providing wonderful things to threads! Always expanding our minds and sharing knowledge.

This is what I meant by "interesting": Arousing or holding the attention; absorbing.

I found that from a dictionary. I meant nothing more and nothing less than that. The Lakers will, once again, be fascinating to follow.

Aust

He wasn't trying to pull anything. Sure, he doesn't like the Lakers, but I know ManRam is better than that.

Aust
Lakers gearing up for another championship run

nah

I'm predicting we'll be one of the worst defensive teams. Not a very bold prediction either

AI
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
He's prob gonna be the starting SF assuming MWP does infact get amnestied.

Is he getting amnestied or not? Haven't really heard much about it since the rumors/news first came out.

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
nah

I'm predicting we'll be one of the worst defensive teams. Not a very bold prediction either

I could actually see it happening if Kobe returns playing superstar basketball as we all are accustomed too.

J4KOP99
07-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Is he getting amnestied or not? Haven't really heard much about it since the rumors/news first came out.

Lakers have until the 16th to decide. I think that eventually metta will be amnestied.

kobe4thewinbang
Hopefully that rape case was settled...

At least they're signing people.

I would've preferred a shooter like Daequan Cook or something.

Chacarron

Nick Young is from LA and probably loves Kobe Bryant as he grew up watching him. You are right though, only time will tell.

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Lakers putting together a solid squad. Not sure their fans are used to just having a solid squad tho. Surprised he couldn't more money. Nick Young is a freaking idiot tho, I do have to say that. He turned down $20 mil from the Clippers last season because he could make $1.5 mil more in year 1 with Philly. Thought he'd make up the difference on his next contract. How'd that work out for ya Swaggy!?

abe_froman
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
perfect for a dantoni team.all chucking,no defense but at min its a great deal

kblo247
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Lakers have until the 16th to decide. I think that eventually metta will be amnestied.

Still say they may have analyzed it and looked at Blake. Hs missed so much time the past three years and played poorly that they've wasted most their investment. Metta still gives them something

nickdymez
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
He wasn't trying to pull anything. Sure, he doesn't like the Lakers, but I know ManRam is better than that.

I didnt say he was trolling or baiting. He was just hatin. The Lakers could invent a time machine and sign:

Jordan
Magic
Shaq
Barkley
Pippen

And he would still say they wont be that good.... Just hate

Chronz
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Chuck city is back baby!!

jerryred
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Looks like a good team
Pg:Nash/Blake/Farmer
Sg:Bryant/Meeks
Sf: Metta/Young
PF:Hill/Kelly
C:Gasol/Kamen

Way more depth then last season

Chronz
07-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Nick Young gets a bad rap, when he was in LA, he was willing to do as told, which is chuck when open.

BKdoubleStacker
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
atleast the lakers will be fun to watch, I think they could go as high as a 6 seed depending on health.

shep33
07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
What's sad is that our team this year will probably be better than our team from last year with Dwight

MinnesotaFtw
07-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Lakers to the ship!

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Is it the Lakers goal to have 0 defense this year?

Seriously this team is going to get smoked if they don't get some help defensively. Artest definitely wasn't the same guy defensively as he was 10 years ago, but he was better than Nick Young lol.

Wouldn't be bad on a lot of teams, but I really don't understand this on the Lakers... I guess it's not a big deal... Cheap signing... Guess even if they're bad they'll be fun to watch..

ManRam
07-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I didnt say he was trolling or baiting. He was just hatin. The Lakers could invent a time machine and sign:

Jordan
Magic
Shaq
Barkley
Pippen

And he would still say they wont be that good.... Just hate

You must have not been around when you guys traded for Dwight and I thought the Lakers were the best team in the NBA. I refused to watch the first Magic/Lakers game because I thought you guys would just obliterate us. I was obviously wrong, but I thought Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Dwight was a perfect starting 5 full of perfect compliments and skill sets. I wasn't hating then. I mean, I was hating the team probably more than ever, but I have the ability to still think rationally. You also weren't around for the three consecutive years here on PSD that I picked the Lakers to win the Finals, even picking them in a poll to beat the Magic in the 2009 Finals.

I don't have a hard to separating my emotions from my basketball opinions...unlike, I don't know...you.

No Laker hating here :shrug: You're looking hard for it, though. It would be nice if for once you actually posted something worth a damn and didn't fixate and **** like this. From here on out, I'm done acknowledging you. Wasted too many words on your terrible, terrible, terrible posts. Even your fellow Lakers fans are getting sick of you.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
What's sad is that our team this year will probably be better than our team from last year with Dwight

Really? This is the starting lineup for the Lakers next year....

PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Nick Young
PF Antawn Jamison
C Pau Gasol

Seriously looks like one of the worst defensive teams int he NBA today.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
You must have not been around when you guys traded for Dwight and I thought the Lakers were the best team in the NBA. I refused to watch the first Magic/Lakers game because I thought you guys would just obliterate us. I was obviously wrong, but I thought Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Dwight was a perfect starting 5 full of perfect compliments and skill sets. I wasn't hating then. I mean, I was hating the team probably more than ever, but I have the ability to still think rationally. You also weren't around for the three consecutive years here on PSD that I picked the Lakers to win the Finals, even picking them in a poll to beat the Magic in the 2009 Finals.

I don't have a hard to separating my emotions from my basketball opinions...unlike, I don't know...you.

No Laker hating here :shrug: You're looking hard for it, though. It would be nice if for once you actually posted something worth a damn and didn't fixate and **** like this. From here on out, I'm done acknowledging you. Wasted too many words on your terrible, terrible, terrible posts. Even your fellow Lakers fans are getting sick of you.

I feel bad because there are some excellent Lakers poster on here, but seriously like the top 5 dumbest posters on this forum are all Lakers fans. Gives the rest a bad name, but it's guys like that, that make guys like me hate the Lakers... Have so many stupid fans... I'm sorry it's part of being the favorite team of the NBA I guess.

FOBolous
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Really? This is the starting lineup for the Lakers next year....

PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Nick Young
PF Antawn Jamison
C Pau Gasol

Seriously looks like one of the worst defensive teams int he NBA today.

isn't Jamison in talk to sign with the Clippers?

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 07:44 PM
isn't Jamison in talk to sign with the Clippers?

Well I didn't actually figure they were going to keep Jamison at starting PF, but behind him who do they have?

rhd420
07-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Nick Young gets a bad rap, when he was in LA, he was willing to do as told, which is chuck when open.

that also means he has little creativity and is doing what he is told to do ... and D'Antoni is the coach which doesn't bode well. There is something to be said about reasoning on why he would sign for the veteran minimum, heck there wasn't really that much buzz on the kid going into the off season for a reason

It's a cheap one year deal meaning that the 2014-2015 season is the key year ... heck, I'm sure Mitch is calling up Tmac as well now lol

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Miracle if Lakers make the playoffs. When you just look at the teams in the West... With Love coming back in Minny. Teams have gotten better while Lakers have just blown the hell up. I'd seriously put 100 bucks on LA missing the playoffs.

L8kers4life
07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Well I didn't actually figure they were going to keep Jamison at starting PF, but behind him who do they have?

Dude what are you talking about? The lakers starting Power forward will be Jordan Hill or Pau will start there and Kaman will start at center, also Metta has not been amnestied yet, so it may be Metta at the small forward. And Lamar Odom will probably be back. \

A lakers line up of
Nash
Kobe
Young or Metta
Hill
Pau
is not the end of the world, that is pretty damn good, compare it to the clippers

Paul
Reddick
Dudley
Griffin
Deandre

Clippers are better at the point and PF, but center, sg lakers got them, and small forward is a toss up. Now lets look at the bench's

Clippers
Collison
Crawford
Barnes
Jamison
Hollins

Lakers
Farmar
Blake
Young
Lo
Kaman

hate to break it to everyone on here, Lakers will not be bad at all

L8kers4life
07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Miracle if Lakers make the playoffs. When you just look at the teams in the West... With Love coming back in Minny. Teams have gotten better while Lakers have just blown the hell up. I'd seriously put 100 bucks on LA missing the playoffs.

I will gladly take your bet, Dude we have lost Dwight, that is it, Jamison and Clark are scrubs, lets sig bet, if lakers make the playoffs, you delete this account and start a new one, if the lakers do not make the playoffs, I will leave and I will gladly take your 100 dollar bet.

Marques24kobe
07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Metta just officially amnestied

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 08:39 PM
I will gladly take your bet, Dude we have lost Dwight, that is it, Jamison and Clark are scrubs, lets sig bet, if lakers make the playoffs, you delete this account and start a new one, if the lakers do not make the playoffs, I will leave and I will gladly take your 100 dollar bet.

K. Never made a sig bet I'm down.

I think Pau will have a way better season, but the West is deep.

1. OKC
2. SA
3. Clippers
4. Houston
5. Golden State
6. Memphis
7. Minny
8. Denver

I don't see how you think the Lakers have improved any way possible, but can't blame faith in ones team. This whole Dwight made us worth thing is totally ********. It's kind of embarrassing that a lot of Lakers fans are buying this.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
So if the Lakers don't make the playoffs you have to delete your account and make a name of my choosing, and keep the signature for a year.

I'll do the same if you win. Agreed?

Edit: I'll do the same of course if they make the playoffs.

L8kers4life
07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
So if the Lakers don't make the playoffs you have to delete your account and make a name of my choosing, and keep the signature for a year.

I'll do the same if you win. Agreed?

Edit: I'll do the same of course if they make the playoffs.

I agree, and I like the idea of picking user names.:clap:

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I agree, and I like the idea of picking user names.:clap:

Yeah I thought that could be funny for one of us :).

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 08:53 PM
This is going to be so funny. I'm going to be throwing name idea's during the entire NBA season lol.

L8kers4life
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
K. Never made a sig bet I'm down.

I think Pau will have a way better season, but the West is deep.

1. OKC
2. SA
3. Clippers
4. Houston
5. Golden State
6. Memphis
7. Minny
8. Denver

I don't see how you think the Lakers have improved any way possible, but can't blame faith in ones team. This whole Dwight made us worth thing is totally ********. It's kind of embarrassing that a lot of Lakers fans are buying this.

The lakers will be improved, because everyone on this team wants to be here, Dwight never comnitted and created a lot of division within the team, Nash will stay healthy, Pau will have a better year, Kobe will look to prove the doubters wrong and our bench is much better. As far as your list goes, Minny will be better, but still will not take the leap, Memphis and Denver will take a step back, new coaches, change in personel. You make a great argument, but chemistry means a lot in this league, Lakers will be improved in that are for sure.

L8kers4life
07-11-2013, 08:57 PM
This is going to be so funny. I'm going to be throwing name idea's during the entire NBA season lol.

Who is your team?

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Who is your team?

The Sonics :(.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm an LBJ fan though so you can work with that.

carlthack
07-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Nick Young too? I heard a rumor that the Lakers signed Sasha Vujacic. Is this true or just b.s?

LakersMaster24
07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
:laugh:

I think we're gonna win more games than last year.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
:laugh:

I think we're gonna win more games than last year.

Based on what... And not "I think we're better than Dwight" , but how have the Lakers gotten better?

shep33
07-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Based on what... And not "I think we're better than Dwight" , but how have the Lakers gotten better?

All depends on Kobe. If he plays close to last year's standards, we'll make the playoffs no doubt. Not sure that's what we want though lol

LakersMaster24
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM

We added more youth? Quickness? Scoring off the bench?

We replaced Dwight with Kaman, who is of course no where near Dwight, but a solid replacement. Lakers are a deeper, more cohesive team than last year. If you don't see it, then I am sorry.

nickdymez
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM

Heres another generic Laker hater whose favorite word happens to be "chuck"..

nickdymez
07-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Chuck city is back baby!!

Im dead serious.

kblo247
07-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I have no problem with what chronz use of chuck. This team needed guys who could chuck. We went from Farmar Shannon and Sasha all Chucking to Blake, Meeks, being spot up guys who couldn't hit. Too many games we had no one who could iso aside from Kobe unlike having Lamar, Shannon, and Jordan off the bench who could go at their guy and didnt revert to give it to kobe with 4secs and 30ft out.

Asik's better
07-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I could see the lakers sneak in. But their a first round exist at best. They will probably have contend with minny and Dallas for the 8th seed. It will all depend on how healthy each team is

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Run and gun, baby. Run and gun.

kblo247
07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I really got to look at people saying la won't make the playoffs.

Pau isn't Dwight but at C, he's better than most 5s and is comfortable for a 17 and 9 guy. Kaman playing outside like Pau fits better because his jumper is better. Nash and Blake should be healthy. Hill will play and they are talking to Odom who is an upgrade from Jamison. Farmar and Young offer penetration and no fear of chucking. Kobe going full tilt got la the third best record in the league in the second half last year, so he just has to get his legs under him. They are a 5-7 seed

Minny? When has Love ever brought wins with his stats? When has a team starting Martin ever made the playoffs? When has Love ever played a full season or defense? When did Brewer and Budinger become a talented wing rotation?

Denver? Doesn't gallo have to heal too? Isn't shaw new at head coaching? Didn't they trade their starting C, lose Iggy and Brewer? And aren't they relying on Foye?

When did Portland ever get a competent training staff? Where are the vets in Utah? Isn't Nola in need of direction despite their talented peices? And are the kings still incompetent?

C'mon son

Chronz
07-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Heres another generic Laker hater whose favorite word happens to be "chuck"..
Laker hater? So then why am I defending the signing? Is there something incorrect in my statement? Nothing wrong with being a chucker if its the role the team signed/traded you for. Like we did back in 2012.

shep33
07-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Young chucks, but he can hit 3's and he's athletic. We need that

ManRam
07-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Laker hater, I'm dead serious!

shep33
07-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Laker hater, I'm dead serious!

Haha, he is totally a chucker, but he can help us out.

ManRam
07-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Haha, he is totally a chucker, but he can help us out.

"Chucking" is certainly a negative thing, but in moderation and in the right system plenty of chuckers have value. Again, there's no risk to this so there's no reason for anyone to bash this signing. It might not work out, but whatever.

TheNumber37
07-11-2013, 10:12 PM
PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.

I have been saying that his guy is the homeless man's Kobe Bryant. A Poor Man's Jr Smith, if you will.

Maybe he can step up under the lights and Kobe can teach him something.

RLundi
07-11-2013, 10:15 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Warriors
6. Rockets
7. Nuggets
8. Timberwolves
9. Lakers
10. Blazers

I don't think the Lakers make the playoffs. The West is too stacked. I don't see them leapfrogging any of the top 8.

shep33
07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Warriors
6. Rockets
7. Nuggets
8. Timberwolves
9. Lakers
10. Blazers

I don't think the Lakers make the playoffs. The West is too stacked. I don't see them leapfrogging any of the top 8.

I think it all depends on Kobe and when he comes back, and also at how well he plays. I think Nash and Pau will be a lot better though

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 10:24 PM
We added more youth? Quickness? Scoring off the bench?

We replaced Dwight with Kaman, who is of course no where near Dwight, but a solid replacement. Lakers are a deeper, more cohesive team than last year. If you don't see it, then I am sorry.

You still have Dantoni at coach. You still have 0 perimeter defense, and Pau isn't a great defensive Center. I just don't see this team doing anything but doing the only thing Dantoni knows how to do. Score a lot of points.

Nash is still 40, Kobe is coming back from an Achilles injury. Don't get me wrong I think Pau is going to have a comeback year, but depth wise I just see a bunch of ugly. I see a bunch of old guys, and a bunch of chuckers.

Where your team synergy now? You think your team is going to synergize better with another new starting lineup? You think Nash is going to magically get 10 assists per game again while Kobe handles the ball?

I just don't see enough improvement. I see a bottom grade team. I could be wrong like I've said, but I doubt it...

And lol at the guy who said 5-7 seed. How does your playoff bracket lay out next year? Because if it's Lakers at 5 you need to turn your homer blinders off.

Just love this. Beginning of the year they got Howard, and they were going to win 70 games. Now they lost Howard, and they're still gonna win 55+ games because they're better without him.

The ridiculousness is just hilarious on how bad these Lakers fans flip flop.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Lets keep in mind the Lakers really shouldn't of even made the playoffs this year. They got handed the playoffs. Anyone who saw the Portland game at the end of the year knows this.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Chuck city!

kblo247
07-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Lets keep in mind the Lakers really shouldn't of even made the playoffs this year. They got handed the playoffs. Anyone who saw the Portland game at the end of the year knows this.

The Lakers got handed the third best record out of 30 teams in the NBA, the second half of the year?

**** out of here with that bs

soundjunkies2
07-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Solid pick up for the min. The Lakers needed to get younger and more athletic and he helps feel that void.

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 10:55 PM
The Lakers got handed the third best record out of 30 teams in the NBA, the second half of the year?

Yeah, and a big reason for that is Dwight picking up his defense after the all start break. He was still laboring from his shoulder and back at the beginning of the season... How short your memory is hilarious. Unless you don't actually watch the games.

Howard was the one who picked it up in the second half and made that team a playoff contender. No Howard=no defense for the Lakers.

bgdreton
07-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Nick young got a burner! But.... plays zero D

jayjay33
07-11-2013, 11:09 PM

Except the lakers were very good when they finally got mike d too LISTEN and slow down 28-12. And that was with all the injuries,lol. They dont even need to be better just play the same way they did in the second half, last year. I assume your prediction is all based kobe, nash, and pau not being right. because there's no logical arugment to be made without saying they wont be healthy. Which of course we have know way of knowing. Although I would like to see odom back, it's mental with him he needs to be back in his comfort zone. But i think it's obvious that anyone saying they will be a playoff team or a 5-7 seed is basing it on the assumption those 3 will be right. "if" healthy they will be a very good team. that is As long as Mike d dont start that run and gun shat again. An stick with what worked so well in the second half of the season. Once he started listing to the players. when they played like a 4-5 seed. I think you should keep in mind who the lakers really were last year once they started playing "THERE GAME". thats not a coincidence,lol. Even when bickerstaff took over for mike brown. And just let them play, they won. So don't get the facts twisted. When they were allowed to "ground and pound" last year there were IN FACT one of the better teams. So that lakers shouldn't have made the playoffs is BS. The real story is they should have been a higher seed and breezed in, playing there style of basketball. Which they will this year, because even mike d cant argue with the results they got once he let them slow it down and play there game. Lakers size is still gong to be a problem (especially if LO is back) for most teams and the will have more people who can shoot and attack of the dribble on the perimeter. Than they have had since 2010 or longer.

But all that aside just keeping the same playing style from the second half the season. The one that actually fit the players they have on the team and alloweded them go 28-12. Will get them in the playoffs no question, barring injuries of course. Even with all that happened injury wise the lakers were still a very good team. as long as the damn coach didnt run them into the ground. Ie....mike brown's constant motion Princeton and mike d's run and gun. But after the success in the second half the season there's no way that mistake will be made again.

LADTXR
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
The lakers are tanking for a top pick in a deep draft next year. Lakers aren't doing **** next year and a lot of money coming off the books...

kblo247
07-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah, and a big reason for that is Dwight picking up his defense after the all start break. He was still laboring from his shoulder and back at the beginning of the season... How short your memory is hilarious. Unless you don't actually watch the games.

Howard was the one who picked it up in the second half and made that team a playoff contender. No Howard=no defense for the Lakers.

You have no idea what you're saying. Nash went on the god damn radio and said they agreed to give the ball to Kobe in that meeting because Dwight didnt want to play fn pick and roll with him.

Kobe stayed off the fkn ball, shot 48%, was one of the top post up conversion guys in the league, lead the league in scoring while doing so, and averaged 4asts to boot while not holding the damn thing. Dwight refused to play pick and roll, he refused to give the post to Pau until Kobe said Pau stand there we are going thru you. Likewise it was Kobe going on the ball, making the plays, is on scoring, drawing doubles and triple while playing 40 plus minutes a night as that is what he did the whole stretch of 28-12.

Stop trying to spin **** when you didnt watch the game, are ignoring the players and what they have said, and the fact Kobe played like a madman leading the league in minutes to get that record by carrying scoring and facilitating duties. Stop ignoring Nash had to give up his bread and butter of being on the ball and playing pick and roll because Dwight didnt want to do it to prove to Shaq he wasn't a European big. Stop ignoring Pau was pushed out to 18 feet and to take jumpers over being in the post, and that LA went undefeated while Dwight sat and Pau started at C last year and posted averages akin to his b2b title days, and that Pau closed the season in the paint with Dwight being a clean up guy because they werent going to force freed him anymore to their detriment.

Don't give me bull ****, I'm not buying what you're selling when it cost me $190 damn dollars to follow the team and watch every game, the players cite them all agreeing Kobe needed to be the one making the plays to appease the guy, and that the Lakers can't play ball when they played the second half of the season better than 27 teams riding Kobe's back and with Nash and Pau trying to be round pieces in square pegs to make superboy happy and make the playoffs

There's no logical argument to say Denver will finish better than them and didnt take a step back. There's no logical way to say the wolves will be better when Love and Martins numbers never have translated to win, they have no D, and Love and Martin are glass men to boot. Thers no logical reason to say Dallas, Sac, Portland, Utah, or NOLA are better. You can argue and place the Clips, Houston, GS, SA, OKC, and Memphis above them but OKC, SA, and Memphis aren't perfect either. As OKC still hasn't signed Thabo back and lost their 6th man, SA has never played well coming off a finals trip even when their big 3 were young and in their prime couldn't handle the physical and mental burnout of getting back there consecutive years, and Memphis has a rook coach

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Except the lakers were very good when they finally got mike d too LISTEN and slow down 28-12. And that was with all the injuries,lol. They dont even need to be better just play the same way they did in the second half, last year. I assume your prediction is all based kobe, nash, and pau not being right. because there's no logical arugment to be made without saying they wont be healthy. Which of course we have know way of knowing. Although I would like to see odom back, it's mental with him he needs to be back in his comfort zone. But i think it's obvious that anyone saying they will be a playoff team or a 5-7 seed is basing it on the assumption those 3 will be right. "if" healthy they will be a very good team. that is As long as Mike d dont start that run and gun shat again. An stick with what worked so well in the second half of the season. Once he started listing to the players. when they played like a 4-5 seed. I think you should keep in mind who the lakers really were last year once they started playing "THERE GAME". thats not a coincidence,lol. Even when bickerstaff took over for mike brown. And just let them play, they won. So don't get the facts twisted. When they were allowed to "ground and pound" last year there were IN FACT one of the better teams. So that lakers shouldn't have made the playoffs is BS. The real story is they should have been a higher seed and breezed in, playing there style of basketball. Which they will this year, because even mike d cant argue with the results they got once he let them slow it down and play there game. Lakers size is still gong to be a problem (especially if LO is back) for most teams and the will have more people who can shoot and attack of the dribble on the perimeter. Than they have had since 2010 or longer.

But all that aside just keeping the same playing style from the second half the season. The one that actually fit the players they have on the team and alloweded them go 28-12. Will get them in the playoffs no question, barring injuries of course. Even with all that happened injury wise the lakers were still a very good team. as long as the damn coach didnt run them into the ground. Ie....mike brown's constant motion Princeton and mike d's run and gun. But after the success in the second half the season there's no way that mistake will be made again.

This is what I think.

1. Lakers didn't get any younger by getting rid of Dwight. Getting rid of Metta was a good idea, but replacing him with Nick Young is not IMO.

2. Looks like the same disaster Dantoni had with the Knicks. No legitimate PG (sorry I love Nash, but he's not the same at his age), and just a crap load of offense.

3. Kobe is getting older. He cannot keep up defensively with all star calibur players anymore. He can still score with the best of them. Even in his prime Kobe lacked defensively, but last year even most Lakers agree was by far his worst season on defense. Now he's coming off and Achilles tear and he's suppose to be better? The Lakers can't guard anything on the perimeter.

4. Pau back at Center makes sense offensively, but defensively he was already starting to slip 2 years ago. One of the reasons people really liked the Dwight move was because Pau had started to slip defensively the previous season. Pau might be able to move back to the

5. Depth. Lakers still have no depth. One could even argue with losing Clark, and Jamison that they are even worse depth wise.

Five big reasons I don't think the Lakers will make the playoffs. Who knows if Kobe will even be able to keep the scoring efficiency he had last year, and even if his offensive abilities stay the Lakers can't guard anyone. Any star player can tear through there team like a chainsaw through butter. They truly don't have any defense. You can't win games without defense.

We'll see. Like I've said... Oh yeah, and if you don't believe the Lakers were handed the playoff's this year watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0

ztilzer31
07-11-2013, 11:47 PM
You have no idea what you're saying. Nash went on the god damn radio and said they agreed to give the ball to Kobe in that meeting because Dwight didnt want to play fn pick and roll with him.

Kobe stayed off the fkn ball, shot 48%, was one of the top post up conversion guys in the league, lead the league in scoring while doing so, and averaged 4asts to boot while not holding the damn thing. Dwight refused to play pick and roll, he refused to give the post to Pau until Kobe said Pau stand there we are going thru you. Likewise it was Kobe going on the ball, making the plays, is on scoring, drawing doubles and triple while playing 40 plus minutes a night as that is what he did the whole stretch of 28-12.

Stop trying to spin **** when you didnt watch the game, are ignoring the players and what they have said, and the fact Kobe played like a madman leading the league in minutes to get that record by carrying scoring and facilitating duties. Stop ignoring Nash had to give up his bread and butter of being on the ball and playing pick and roll because Dwight didnt want to do it to prove to Shaq he wasn't a European big. Stop ignoring Pau was pushed out to 18 feet and to take jumpers over being in the post, and that LA went undefeated while Dwight sat and Pau started at C last year and posted averages akin to his b2b title days, and that Pau closed the season in the paint with Dwight being a clean up guy because they werent going to force freed him anymore to their detriment.

Don't give me bull ****, I'm not buying what you're selling when it cost me $190 damn dollars to follow the team and watch every game, the players cite them all agreeing Kobe needed to be the one making the plays to appease the guy, and that the Lakers can't play ball when they played the second half of the season better than 27 teams riding Kobe's back and with Nash and Pau trying to be round pieces in square pegs to make superboy happy and make the playoffs

There's no logical argument to say Denver will finish better than them and didnt take a step back. There's no logical way to say the wolves will be better when Love and Martins numbers never have translated to win, they have no D, and Love and Martin are glass men to boot. Thers no logical reason to say Dallas, Sac, Portland, Utah, or NOLA are better. You can argue and place the Clips, Houston, GS, SA, OKC, and Memphis above them but OKC, SA, and Memphis aren't perfect either. As OKC still hasn't signed Thabo back and lost their 6th man, SA has never played well coming off a finals trip even when their big 3 were young and in their prime couldn't handle the physical and mental burnout of getting back there consecutive years, and Memphis has a rook coach

This whole post is useless. Nash played in barely any games last year and was ineffective in those games. He's 40 years old, and one more injury will end his career. Sorry no faith in Nash. No faith in this starting lineup full of people 30+ years old.

No one is arguing that Kobe wasn't terrific offensively last year. Do you need me to pull up other years where Kobe was terrific offensively, and the Lakers sucked because they had no defense? I can, but I figured since your a Lakers fan you can do it yourself....

Kobe scoring 30 a game doesn't win you games by itself. You need defense and rebounding. Which defensively they are horrriibbbllleeee.

kblo247
07-11-2013, 11:50 PM
All they need is depth and PF schemes. Odom assuming he comes makes pick and roll D better. They need a funneling system or zone concept. Having Lamar in place of Earl or Jamison covering pick and roll is a big difference, title years, and the clips stats show that last year. The talk of adding Rambis would likely be to implement funneling as he did just that with Fisher and Bynum.

As far as depth goes. Its hard to argue having Blake and Nash presumably for the season start is better than Duhon and Morris for a quarter of the year. Having Hill can arguably be better than having Clark since Dantoni only played one after the other got hurt. Kaman is presumably going to be the third big in the vein Jamison was when he played off the bench minutes wise as both are looking at 20. And I don't see a logical argument that says having Farmar and Young isnt better than having Duhon and Morris as their other guards on the roster. Meeks is still there. The perimeter depth is better by a lot compared to last year. Interior wise, it isn't perfect, I will admit, but Pau/Hill/Kaman/Odom presuming he signs isn't below average, not great, but not subpar assuming health.

I just can't see how people can say well the lakers are old and will get hurt, and then put the Wolves in the playoff race when Mrtin and Love stays hurt more than Pau, Kobe, or Nash historically.

LADTXR
07-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Lakers aren't trying to win this year, who gives a ****

kblo247
07-11-2013, 11:55 PM
The lakers have finished under 500 once in Kobe's career. And they had the win percentage of a 5th seed when Caron, Kobe, and Lamar played together for 44 games. It took serious injuries to Kobe and a saskn enter to Odom to make them miss the playoffs. They've never finished at or below 500 other wise in all that time, 16/17 years, and even with scrubs they finished over 500 in 06 and 07.

Is hard to say that Love can lead his team to the playoffs when his record has been below 500 when he's played every year of a his career and Martin has never been a starter on a playoff team in his nba career. How do you have them over LA and with a straight face even think they will be healthy when Love ain't never played a full season of ball in his professional life?

John Walls Era
07-12-2013, 12:03 AM

You know him irl?

At least Nick Young can score.

ztilzer31
07-12-2013, 12:07 AM
All they need is depth and PF schemes. Odom assuming he comes makes pick and roll D better. They need a funneling system or zone concept. Having Lamar in place of Earl or Jamison covering pick and roll is a big difference, title years, and the clips stats show that last year. The talk of adding Rambis would likely be to implement funneling as he did just that with Fisher and Bynum.

As far as depth goes. Its hard to argue having Blake and Nash presumably for the season start is better than Duhon and Morris for a quarter of the year. Having Hill can arguably be better than having Clark since Dantoni only played one after the other got hurt. Kaman is presumably going to be the third big in the vein Jamison was when he played off the bench minutes wise as both are looking at 20. And I don't see a logical argument that says having Farmar and Young isnt better than having Duhon and Morris as their other guards on the roster. Meeks is still there. The perimeter depth is better by a lot compared to last year. Interior wise, it isn't perfect, I will admit, but Pau/Hill/Kaman/Odom presuming he signs isn't below average, not great, but not subpar assuming health.

I just can't see how people can say well the lakers are old and will get hurt, and then put the Wolves in the playoff race when Mrtin and Love stays hurt more than Pau, Kobe, or Nash historically.

The Wolves are loaded with youth and talent. Faith in youth is usually a lot more rewarding then faith in aged veterans.

We'll see but I'm sticking by what I said. The West is deep. I see the Lakers finishing as a 9th seed at best. I mean you never know. Maybe there able to do some ridiculous trade like the year they got Pau.

jayjay33
07-12-2013, 12:30 AM

This is what I think.

1. Lakers didn't get any younger by getting rid of Dwight. Getting rid of Metta was a good idea, but replacing him with Nick Young is not IMO.

2. Looks like the same disaster Dantoni had with the Knicks. No legitimate PG (sorry I love Nash, but he's not the same at his age), and just a crap load of offense.

3. Kobe is getting older. He cannot keep up defensively with all star calibur players anymore. He can still score with the best of them. Even in his prime Kobe lacked defensively, but last year even most Lakers agree was by far his worst season on defense. Now he's coming off and Achilles tear and he's suppose to be better? The Lakers can't guard anything on the perimeter.

4. Pau back at Center makes sense offensively, but defensively he was already starting to slip 2 years ago. One of the reasons people really liked the Dwight move was because Pau had started to slip defensively the previous season. Pau might be able to move back to the

5. Depth. Lakers still have no depth. One could even argue with losing Clark, and Jamison that they are even worse depth wise.

Five big reasons I don't think the Lakers will make the playoffs. Who knows if Kobe will even be able to keep the scoring efficiency he had last year, and even if his offensive abilities stay the Lakers can't guard anyone. Any star player can tear through there team like a chainsaw through butter. They truly don't have any defense. You can't win games without defense.

We'll see. Like I've said... Oh yeah, and if you don't believe the Lakers were handed the playoff's this year watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0

Even in his prime Kobe lacked defensively? Lol, you lose serious cred here.

They are going to slow it down. Limit possessions, pack the paint, and pound glass with size. Know the game my dude. More than one way to skin a cat. That Combine with There offense will make them extremely difficult for most teams to beat.

Your only argument is that Kobe and Nash won't be right. But you don't know that. But just to be sure ill ask you straight out. Are you saying that based on your knowledge of the game. That Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol together. If there right, are not good enough to get ANY team in the playoffs? Because we both know based on what they have proven in the league you can't even begin to back that up. So really your whole (and only) argument is that Kobe and Nash are wont be themselves are close to it. And that remains to be seen.

Also if the lakers weren't playoff team explain why they went 28-12 as soon as they slowed it down and started playing their style of basketball? Where the lakers one of the better teams last year when they went in side and played to there size? That size pau odom, Bynum pau, Bynum odom, d12 pau...etc has proven EVERY YEAR to be a handful.

Since pau got there. When have the lakers EVER played with there size and not won twice as many as they lost, every? Even last year. That alone sends your playoff theory right out the window.

lakers4sho
07-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Mike D'Antoni

Htownballa1622
07-12-2013, 01:24 AM
I like the signing for them. Obviously, he has a bad rep of chucking but i'd rather him shoot than steve blake or mwp(even though he's gone).

Cheap signing that could provide much needed outside shooting, especially if Kobe's not there at the start.

The goods
07-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Him next to Nash and Kobe will be fine he has 2 great mentors

LakersMaster24
07-12-2013, 02:00 AM
How can you hate on a Nick Young signing for Vets Minimum?

ztilzer31
07-12-2013, 02:19 AM
How can you hate on a Nick Young signing for Vets Minimum?

I really have no issue with the signing. I just think it's a middle piece to a puzzle without the borders yet.

ArmLaker
07-12-2013, 02:44 AM
I really have no issue with the signing. I just think it's a middle piece to a puzzle without the borders yet.

Payton and KEEEEMPPPPPPP

Odominator
07-12-2013, 03:28 AM

Usually its the other way around, Kobe holding onto the ball for 21 seconds and giving it to a teammate to shoot with 3 seconds left because he is tripled team

shep33
07-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Usually its the other way around, Kobe holding onto the ball for 21 seconds and giving it to a teammate to shoot with 3 seconds left because he is tripled team

No, kblo was right. Anyone who watches Laker games knows what he said is spot on

sunsfan88
07-12-2013, 05:06 AM
Lakers fans wanted Nick Young???? They must all be thinking "tank, tank, tank". Kobe would never ever let that happen, you guys know better! I actually think the Lakers will be a better team this year than last. With all the Dwight tension gone i believe this team will perform better. Unfortunately, it still will not be to get out of the first or second round come playoff time.
I agree with this completely. I also think the Lakers will actually be better with no locker room issues and Dwight gone. Not enough to be a contender but still enough to better from last year.

And this is a very underrated signing. IMO Young has the potential to blow up in D'Antoni's system. Wouldn't shock me if he transformed Young into a poor man's version of prime Joe Johnson.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2013, 05:31 AM
I agree with this completely. I also think the Lakers will actually be better with no locker room issues and Dwight gone. Not enough to be a contender but still enough to better from last year.

And this is a very underrated signing. IMO Young has the potential to blow up in D'Antoni's system. Wouldn't shock me if he transformed Young into a poor man's version of prime Joe Johnson.

Eh, it would have to be a very poor man's JJ because Nick Young is pretty one dimensional.

raiderposting
07-12-2013, 05:56 AM
The lakers are so hated you know they've been doing some **** right. That's what decades of success get you.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2013, 09:36 AM

he actually worked on the defensive end in Philly last year it was quite a surprise. He not a bad dfender when he puts the work in. He had some good stretches for us after he was let out of the dog house he went off for a few big games and then got a chance to start and played good. that all fizzled out and he was back to the pine after he got hurt but i grew to dislike him less after seeing him on my team

Rockice_8
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Nick Young is terrible. I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my team.

BKLYNpigeon
07-12-2013, 10:18 AM
nick young > jr smith

Chronz
07-12-2013, 10:20 AM
that also means he has little creativity and is doing what he is told to do ... and D'Antoni is the coach which doesn't bode well. There is something to be said about reasoning on why he would sign for the veteran minimum, heck there wasn't really that much buzz on the kid going into the off season for a reason

It's a cheap one year deal meaning that the 2014-2015 season is the key year ... heck, I'm sure Mitch is calling up Tmac as well now lol

Yea, Vinny tried running some PnR with him, it doesn't work. But Jason Richardson was a similar kind of player for Mike and that was a beautiful pairing. I think he can make use of a gunner like this.

Chronz
07-12-2013, 10:20 AM

Dude stop hating on the Lakers

Chronz
07-12-2013, 10:27 AM

SRS says they were +1.4 or something during that span. Basically the equivalent of a .520 team. You guys accomplished this with Mike D playing a playoff rotation (while other teams had less to play for) and with Kobe+Dwight playing at much higher levels than the beginning of the year.

The only thing that should help LA is Pau having the post all to himself. The offense should flow better without Dwights maddening turnovers, which should help the D alil, but I dont know if thats enough considering Metta+Dwight are gone now.

Odom should help the D while hurting the O, basically a net neutral player. I see .500 as something of a ceiling. Then again, I thought you guys would tear **** up this time last year.

GMpunk
07-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Nick Young will play SF and sum SG....

ElChinoLatino
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Championship bound.

Tony_Starks
07-12-2013, 03:44 PM
All the Cali kids coming home. Too bad we can't get Afflalo to come on back.....

AddiX
07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Kobe is going to kill nick young before the season is over.

And at some point the lakers need to acknowledge that if you don't give mike d his kinds of players than he has no ability to coach.

Kobe is going into full blown depression next hear with this team.

jayjay33
07-12-2013, 10:10 PM

SRS says they were +1.4 or something during that span. Basically the equivalent of a .520 team. You guys accomplished this with Mike D playing a playoff rotation (while other teams had less to play for) and with Kobe+Dwight playing at much higher levels than the beginning of the year.

The only thing that should help LA is Pau having the post all to himself. The offense should flow better without Dwights maddening turnovers, which should help the D alil, but I dont know if thats enough considering Metta+Dwight are gone now.

Odom should help the D while hurting the O, basically a net neutral player. I see .500 as something of a ceiling. Then again, I thought you guys would tear **** up this time last year.

28-12 but the equivalent of a 500 team.
Good god now advance stats trump wins too. I have seen it all. I guess they should just stop counting wins and losses altogether.

Depends on what odom you get. He was six man of the year just 2 years ago. Everything with odom has always been mental. Being back with the lakers will do wonders for him.

D won't be any worse than 2011 or 2012. An I am sure think they will sign a wing defender. They got 1 sf on the whole team.

And lastly assuming the team is healthy That front line of kaman, gasol odom, hill. Will be far to much to keep out the playoffs. People will laugh now. But they won't be when the lakers have one of the best front courts in the league next year. #sizematters

kblo247
07-13-2013, 05:54 AM

1) Pau having the Post to himself will help, he can't do worse:
- According to My Synergy Sports, Dwight, who posted up 45.2% of the time (way too high) averaged 0.74 points per possession (worst in the league) and turned the ball over 18.2%. Only 11.4% of his offense derived from the pick-and-roll, where he averaged 1.29 points per possession and turned it over 10% of the time.

2) other teams had plenty to play for
- Houston for example after Harden got named an all star could have been the 5th seed. Harden chucked them all the way down to 8th. The Warriors played to stay out of thing LA record wise because they would have ended up totally different. Dallas when they played and after the amnesty Kobe stuff were playing for their playoff life and that game sunk them back down the standings. They played OKC in that stretch who was playing for hca. Not truly fair to just say they lacked something to play for

3) Odom if he came is the question mark.
- his most efficient seasons were as a Laker playing off Kobe. He had an unbelievable synergy with Pau closing games and playing 30mpg. He would get the chance to play a bunch of minutes. He would play logically in a second unit with Farmar where he averaged a double double before and be allowed to exit off ego as and push. And there is no way in hell Kobe lets Uncle L Boogie take 5 shots like with the clips. I think he would have a shot at being a 10 and 10 or 12 and 8 guy with the Lakers. Play a welcome back video like they did for Fishs first preseason game when he returned to the lakers, give him the candy, and run that 3 man game to get him some damn swag back

Chronz
07-13-2013, 09:34 AM
28-12 but the equivalent of a 500 team.
Good god now advance stats trump wins too.
Its about projecting future success, which means contextualizing past success. If you have a problem with the methodology, take it up with statisticians and GM's the employ the practice. These barometers are proven to be greater indicators of a teams level of play. Put it this way, when the Lakers were sub .500, they had the SRS of a +.500 team, which meant the law of averages were in their favor. Even without the improvements, they were bound to rebound. That Dwight+Kobe were going full bore in the 2nd half led to an even greater turn around. Overall however, the Lakers weren't a power house even when winning, which in turn makes it less impressive and likely, less sustainable.

Wins and losses are stats as well, considering how they won only adds context. I cant tell you how many bets Ive won because people have mistakenly assumed a superior record indicates a higher probability of success. We all have our subjective arguments but objective tools like this do have value. Otherwise, NBA reps wouldn't be studying them.

I have seen it all. I guess they should just stop counting wins and losses altogether.
So you've never heard someone say, that team isn't as good as their record suggests? You've never seen GM's talk about the importance of team efficiency? Same concept here. If you have a greater means for projecting team success, by all means, stop posting here and apply with the Rockets. Morey would love to have your objective insight.

Depends on what odom you get. He was six man of the year just 2 years ago. Everything with odom has always been mental. Being back with the lakers will do wonders for him.

Odom was due for a decline that year anyways, its another statistical rule known as the fluke rule. It rarely fails, that Odom declined to that degree was unpredictable but at this point, I highly doubt its all mental. Im willing to bet he rates below league average this year, certainly no more impactful than Antawn Jamison.

D won't be any worse than 2011 or 2012. An I am sure think they will sign a wing defender. They got 1 sf on the whole team.

Bold claim IMO.

And lastly assuming the team is healthy That front line of kaman, gasol odom, hill. Will be far to much to keep out the playoffs. People will laugh now. But they won't be when the lakers have one of the best front courts in the league next year. #sizematters
You mean, if Kobe is still Kobe right? I plan on doing some statistical evaluations of teams this year, but with LA I plan on doing one where Kobe plays at his previous level, another where he plays at an All-Star level. I think alot of wins hinge on just how much Kobe can play.

Kaman's career is plagued with inconsistency, hes skilled but a definite wild card.
I would think the most important bigs are Pau-Hill. Odom+Kaman will likely disappoint you.

TrueFan420
07-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Yea, Vinny tried running some PnR with him, it doesn't work. But Jason Richardson was a similar kind of player for Mike and that was a beautiful pairing. I think he can make use of a gunner like this.

Um please don't compare nick young and JRich. JRich was a far superior player.

Goose17
07-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Lakers could have done a lot worse.

Chronz
07-13-2013, 10:33 AM
1) Pau having the Post to himself will help, he can't do worse:
Im well aware of the stats, thats why I agreed.

2) other teams had plenty to play for
- Houston for example after Harden got named an all star could have been the 5th seed. Harden chucked them all the way down to 8th. The Warriors played to stay out of thing LA record wise because they would have ended up totally different. Dallas when they played and after the amnesty Kobe stuff were playing for their playoff life and that game sunk them back down the standings. They played OKC in that stretch who was playing for hca. Not truly fair to just say they lacked something to play for

Im not just talking about the games LAL played, but all the games being played during that span (because we are comparing the Lakers to the league) and I dont believe anyone played the short rotation LA did. Maybe Dallas. As for Harden, might want to check your facts. The Rockets made a few midseason trades costing them their best stretch-4's. Harden had to work alot harder for his shots and even then you exaggerate. I've seen you try to pass this argument off before, it revolves around his FG% correct? But you already know where Im going to go with that piss poor barometer. His TS% was still .580 during the Final 20 games. I fail to see how thats chucking them out of games.

3) Odom if he came is the question mark.
- his most efficient seasons were as a Laker playing off Kobe. He had an unbelievable synergy with Pau closing games and playing 30mpg. He would get the chance to play a bunch of minutes. He would play logically in a second unit with Farmar where he averaged a double double before and be allowed to exit off ego as and push. And there is no way in hell Kobe lets Uncle L Boogie take 5 shots like with the clips. I think he would have a shot at being a 10 and 10 or 12 and 8 guy with the Lakers. Play a welcome back video like they did for Fishs first preseason game when he returned to the lakers, give him the candy, and run that 3 man game to get him some damn swag back
Sounds like you're speaking from emotional nostalgia more than anything. Ill be shocked if he even produces at a league average rate. His defense is still there but I like to think his heart was in LA last year and even then he couldn't produce offensively.

And how do you think being out of the triangle will effect him? Seemed like it was the perfect system for him+Pau. Will Mike D try running his O, will they even have an offense? Diaw was similar to Odom and he thrived alongside Mike. Maybe he can bring out the best in Odom, god knows Farmar should play better outside the triangle.

Chronz
07-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Um please don't compare nick young and JRich. JRich was a far superior player.

Why not? Whats him being superior have anything to do with what Im talking about?

Federal Reserve
07-13-2013, 10:44 AM
The Lakers are slowly becoming the laughing stock of the NBA.

TrueFan420
07-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Why not? Whats him being superior have anything to do with what Im talking about?

Hey im tired and its hella early here so i might have misunderstood but it just seems like your calling JRich just a gunner. Nick young can only throw the ball up. JRich had many more aspects to his game than nick young.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2013, 01:09 PM

Yeah because Young, Farmar, and Caveman are all inferior players and downgrades over Goudlock, Morris, and Sacre.........

Chronz
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey im tired and its hella early here so i might have misunderstood but it just seems like your calling JRich just a gunner. Nick young can only throw the ball up. JRich had many more aspects to his game than nick young.

I thought J-Rich was a gunner tho. At least during his Phoenix days but thats not a bad thing. Hes a MUCH better gunner than Nick Young, that should go without saying, but the point Im trying to make is that Mike D has made use of such players. On certain teams, a guy like Nick Young prolly wouldn't be a viable option but in LA, I think he can do some good. If Im wrong so be it, but Im not trying to compare him to a clearly superior player, just their similar game styles. But maybe I underrate Jason's game.

waveycrockett
07-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Problem with J-Rich unlike Nick Young he can't create his own shot.

shep33
07-13-2013, 01:34 PM

What a terrible post

Chronz
07-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Problem with J-Rich unlike Nick Young he can't create his own shot.

Really? I would have thought the opposite, thinking that maybe thats what separated the 2. Along with Rich being a better shooter and team player.

lol, please
07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
:laugh2:

TrueFan420
07-13-2013, 03:59 PM
I thought J-Rich was a gunner tho. At least during his Phoenix days but thats not a bad thing. Hes a MUCH better gunner than Nick Young, that should go without saying, but the point Im trying to make is that Mike D has made use of such players. On certain teams, a guy like Nick Young prolly wouldn't be a viable option but in LA, I think he can do some good. If Im wrong so be it, but Im not trying to compare him to a clearly superior player, just their similar game styles. But maybe I underrate Jason's game.
I think you def underrate his game but I'm a little bias as a warriors fan. I've watched him a lot mostly in his prime and he could do some good things just got stuck with a horrible owner that didnt care to put a good team on the court and when they finally did they blew it up after one year.

TSDN
07-14-2013, 04:00 AM
I don't know how i feel about this pick up. I'm a laker but i don't know nick Young is gunslinger like J.R. Smith hopefully he and Kobe get along. Im just glad Dwight is gone for good thank god!

dodie53
07-14-2013, 04:30 AM
where's the wes johnson thread?
hehe

nykobe24
07-14-2013, 04:41 AM
where's the wes johnson thread?
hehe
Lol haha we aren't rocket fans who make threads of signing like Francisco Garcia or Omar cassispi. Wes Johnson doesn't need a thread and hopefully no one makes it. And I know you're being sarcastic lol I'm just saying.