PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight wanted LA to amnesty Kobe

Pages : 1 [2]

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 11:37 AM
This is still more smug BS

It doesn't have anything to do with the Lakers winning a title

And I don't see how I "care too much", I'm calling you out for making a crazy guarantee.

You can't name the first player on this supposed title team

I couldn't name a playe they would get when Magic retired. I couldn't neame one when Shaq got traded. I can't name one now. Doesn't matter to me though, I trust the Lakers.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 11:39 AM
This **** is why people despise the Lakers and a large portion of their fans.

And why would it matter to us if another fan or fanbase likes the Lakers or their fans?

Sandman
07-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I couldn't name a playe they would get when Magic retired. I couldn't neame one when Shaq got traded. I can't name one now. Doesn't matter to me though, I trust the Lakers.

There's still a big difference between all of that smug bs and GUARANTEEING a title.

One guy just walked away from you.

Are you guaranteeing the next Shaq is going to walk to you in free agency?

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 11:53 AM
There's still a big difference between all of that smug bs and GUARANTEEING a title.

One guy just walked away from you.

Are you guaranteeing the next Shaq is going to walk to you in free agency?

Don't know, but I know the Laker franchise would make some good moves. They wouldn't have paid a guy like Amare max just so they can have a star. They will be smart with the money, they always are.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Don't know, but I know the Laker franchise would make some good moves. They wouldn't have paid a guy like Amare max just so they can have a star. They will be smart with the money, they always are.

again smart with money =/= championship show me where you're drafting the next Kobe and signing the next Shaq before you GUARANTEE something.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 12:06 PM
again smart with money =/= championship show me where you're drafting the next Kobe and signing the next Shaq before you GUARANTEE something.

I don't need to show you ****. I am content with the 7 championships I have see growning up and into my adult life. You show me a championship DVD for your team. Show me why the next great Center you draft wont come to the Lakers. Show me a time period where the Lakers have missed the playoffs 2 straight years.

The Lakers will always be in a position to rebuild within 5 year windows. It could lead to championships, it has in the past. You can't even come close to making a statement like that about your team. They are rebuilding with a star that played a part in 5 rings, they have money to try to make another run in the next 5 years with the same star.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't need to show you ****. I am content with the 7 championships I have see growning up and into my adult life. You show me a championship DVD for your team. Show me why the next great Center you draft wont come to the Lakers. Show me a time period where the Lakers have missed the playoffs 2 straight years.
In the words of the great Mark McGwire, I'm not here to talk about the past.

The Lakers will always be in a position to rebuild within 5 year windows. It could lead to championships, it has in the past. You can't even come close to making a statement like that about your team. They are rebuilding with a star that played a part in 5 rings, they have money to try to make another run in the next 5 years with the same star.
I already told you the Laker future doesn't look bleak and they have avenues to rebuild. Don't give me this "Could" BS now, the guarantee was stupid, plain and simple.

KniCks4LiFe
07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Roxs vs Lakers is going to be fun to watch :laugh2:

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 12:48 PM
In the words of the great Mark McGwire, I'm not here to talk about the past.

I already told you the Laker future doesn't look bleak and they have avenues to rebuild. Don't give me this "Could" BS now, the guarantee was stupid, plain and simple.

Can't talk about the past if there isn't one to talk about.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Can't talk about the past if there isn't one to talk about.
:confused: I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here

LAKERMANIA
07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
:confused: I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here

It's not an argument, it's a statement. Stop playing dumb.

Blitzbolt
07-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Lol

Sandman
07-12-2013, 01:39 PM
It's not an argument, it's a statement. Stop playing dumb.
:confused: what do the Knicks and Magic have to do with the Lakers guaranteeing a championship in the next 10 years? Please remove your asshat.

cmellofan15
07-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Well that would be the only way Kobe would take a paycut :shrug: maybe Dwight was just trying to help the Lakers

5ass
07-12-2013, 01:59 PM
We just don't have a loser mentality like some other fan bases that wish they could see there team win just on championship. It's a good feeling, trust me. That is why most Laker fans are ok with this. You wont see any team win every year, but I have seen my team win 4 times in my 20's and once when I was 30. What else can I ask for? You would be happy with one from your team in the last 10 years. ****, you are cheering for 2 teams and still haven't seen one. Why should Laker fans care what fans like you have to say about the future of our team?

I like how Lakers fans think they're above everyone else for what their franchise has done. You're just a ****ing fan dude. You haven't done **** to deserve praise. You just happen to like a team that wins a lot.

LAKERMANIA
07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
:confused: what do the Knicks and Magic have to do with the Lakers guaranteeing a championship in the next 10 years? Please remove your asshat.

You said "I'm not here to talk about the past"

to which he responded "Can't talk about the past if there isn't one to talk about"

Capiche?

Sandman
07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
You said "I'm not here to talk about the past"

to which he responded "Can't talk about the past if there isn't one to talk about"

Capiche?

which has nothing to do with the point he is trying to/cant make. Are we caught up now?

LAKERMANIA
07-12-2013, 02:09 PM
which has nothing to do with the point he is trying to/cant make. Are we caught up now?

lol, you're the one who made that initial statement. Dont ever give the opponent ammunition against yourself.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I like how Lakers fans think they're above everyone else for what their franchise has done. You're just a ****ing fan dude. You haven't done **** to deserve praise. You just happen to like a team that wins a lot.

Im not asking you to praise me or the Lakers. The Lakers don't need praise from you, they get more praise than the team you root for. **** the Lakers get more hate than your team does praise. Just how it is. 16 titles speaks for itself. Im a fan, I know, I also remember how good it feels after you watch your team for the whole season and then they win the championship. Do you have any idea how good it feels watching the teem you root for win the NBA championship? Let me tell you man, it feels great. It doesn't get old man, 2010 felt just as good as 200. 2009 felt good to but it was a given they would beat the Magic. Do you remember how it felt when the Magic lost? When the team you root for wins it all, it feels alot better than that.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 02:19 PM
lol, you're the one who made that initial statement. Dont ever give the opponent ammunition against yourself.

uhh.... :confused:

Ammunition for what?

I'll say it again if you're still confused, there's nothing wrong with the initial statement

He's wrong, still is, and is trying to use KNICKS SUCK as a reason to say the Lakers should win a title in the next 10 years

TheIlladelph16
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM
And why would it matter to us if another fan or fanbase likes the Lakers or their fans?

You know, when people post/say things like this everyone else tends to view them as a smug jack***. Now I'm not saying you are, but that's the interpretation by anyone with reading comprehension. It would do you well in life to not be that type of person person.

Also, I'm sure you don't care nor should you, but there are very real reasons as to why people dislike your fan base. Do you guys have the championships to be so smug? Sure. But along with that comes the fact that your fan base is made up of a HUGE portion of bandwagon fans with zero ties to LA ala the Yankees and Cowboys. I'll take my city's awful championship record any day over a fan base made up of fake *** fans who talk down to others because they happen to watch a specific basketball team.

The Dwight nonsense has only compounded this. How dare the franchise cornerstone center ask if the $30 million dollar Achilles heel might be amnestied to free up contract money for younger pieces, am I right? 12 months ago everyone in LA was on this guy's jock, and now he is somehow the biggest POS in the world to some of you guys. Its mind boggling how arrogant a team and its fans can be after how horrendous they were last season.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM

And for you, you should read what I wrote. I wasn't guaranteeing anything. I said I feel good about it.
My quote below.

I feel good about them getting one more in the next 5. I can't be sure, but the Laker franchise over the 25 years I have been a fan has shown me that they can lose a star and put a championship team together pretty quick.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
You know, when people post/say things like this everyone else tends to view them as a smug jack***. Now I'm not saying you are, but that's the interpretation by anyone with reading comprehension. It would do you well in life to not be that type of person person.

Also, I'm sure you don't care nor should you, but there are very real reasons as to why people dislike your fan base. Do you guys have the championships to be so smug? Sure. But along with that comes the fact that your fan base is made up of a HUGE portion of bandwagon fans with zero ties to LA ala the Yankees and Cowboys. I'll take my city's awful championship record any day over a fan base made up of fake *** fans who talk down to others because they happen to watch a specific basketball team.

The Dwight nonsense has only compounded this. How dare the franchise cornerstone center ask if the $30 million dollar Achilles heel might be amnestied to free up contract money for younger pieces, am I right? 12 months ago everyone in LA was on this guy's jock, and now he is somehow the biggest POS in the world to some of you guys. Its mind boggling how arrogant a team and its fans can be after how horrendous they were last season.

Still don't care.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
And for you, you should read what I wrote. I wasn't guaranteeing anything. I said I feel good about it.
My quote below.
and here is where you entered yourself into the guarantee talk

Yeah I'm sure we can all SAY the same things about our team
Sure you can, but Lakers fans really mean it, they have seen it. Have you seen your team win it all? 1 time? 2 times? 3 times? 4 times? 5 times? 6 times? 7 times? have to stop at 7 because I eas too young to remember Magics first 3. Have you seen your teams win in 2 different decades?

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
and here is where you entered yourself into the guarantee talk

I said that Lakers fans mean when they say the team can win in the next 5 years and have a better chance than alot of teams. And I was saying that you can make the claim about your team to, it is easy to make a claim, but if you said that about the 2 teams you root for, it wouldn't mean much because they don't have the track record like the Lakers. The Lakers win over and over again. Not just 1 or 2 times. Not 1 good 5 year run. They do it all the time going back decades with a small dry spell in the 90's and that was only about 10 years long.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I said that Lakers fans mean when they say the team can win in the next 5 years and have a better chance than alot of teams. And I was saying that you can make the claim about your team to, it is easy to make a claim, but if you said that about the 2 teams you root for, it wouldn't mean much because they don't have the track record like the Lakers. The Lakers win over and over again. Not just 1 or 2 times. Not 1 good 5 year run. They do it all the time going back decades with a small dry spell in the 90's and that was only about 10 years long.
Fantastic. Still no guarantees.

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Fantastic. Still no guarantees.

Cool stuff man. It is easy to root for a team that is not expected to do much. I will guarantee that the Lakers will win 1 title in the next 7 years. That is a 10 year window from the last one 3 years ago. I will also guarantee that the Lakers win 3 more before the Magic get 1. Happy? Now you can go back and root for one of your 2 teams. Atleast you have a better chance that way if one of your teams wins a title, but the one team I root for, the Lakers, the Purplr and Gold, they will win another championship before the Magic or the knicks.

ElChinoLatino
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Cool stuff man. It is easy to root for a team that is not expected to do much. I will guarantee that the Lakers will win 1 title in the next 7 years. That is a 10 year window from the last one 3 years ago. I will also guarantee that the Lakers win 3 more before the Magic get 1. Happy? Now you can go back and root for one of your 2 teams. Atleast you have a better chance that way if one of your teams wins a title, but the one team I root for, the Lakers, the Purplr and Gold, they will win another championship before the Magic or the knicks.

Can you guarantee the lottery numbers for this Saturday's power ball? Or your predicting powers do not go beyond basketball related predictions?

Gibby23
07-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Can you guarantee the lottery numbers for this Saturday's power ball? Or your predicting powers do not go beyond basketball related predictions?

Just Lakers stuff.

kblo247
07-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Perspective:

According to My Synergy Sports, Dwight, who posted up 45.2% of the time (way too high) averaged 0.74 points per possession (worst in the league) and turned the ball over 18.2%. Only 11.4% of his offense derived from the pick-and-roll, where he averaged 1.29 points per possession and turned it over 10% of the time.

3RDASYSTEM
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Cant really blame HOWARD

why play with a guy since the 11' season has been going for ALCINDOR's record and nothing more nothing less

HARDEN and co. are shooting for titles,something bean has tasted on 5 occasions, he's not as hungry as he claims anymore, just check the stats, from scoring to w-l, and most important playoff outings since 03', 3 finals in 10yrs, after reaching 4 in his first 8, his mental will never change but that wont change the results from here on out if he keeps his 'most money' negotiating stance

DaLakerz Rulz
07-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Perspective:

According to My Synergy Sports, Dwight, who posted up 45.2% of the time (way too high) averaged 0.74 points per possession (worst in the league) and turned the ball over 18.2%. Only 11.4% of his offense derived from the pick-and-roll, where he averaged 1.29 points per possession and turned it over 10% of the time.

Exactly. This was brought up in the Lakers forum several times throughout the season. Its funny how people think that we were all on Dwight's jock. I would say the majority of Laker fans on here were not at all. The closer you look at it, the dude's offense is pretty bad and he refused to adjust at all.

kblo247
07-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Exactly. This was brought up in the Lakers forum several times throughout the season. Its funny how people think that we were all on Dwight's jock. I would say the majority of Laker fans on here were not at all. The closer you look at it, the dude's offense is pretty bad and he refused to adjust at all.Yep its not a question of the fact he sucked with taking care of the ball, hack a dwight, and demanding he posted up over Pau. Everyone changed their game. Nash tried to run pick and roll, he tried to, and then Dwight wasn't into and barely set good screens thus getting him trapped. So Nash became a spot shooter. Kobe started off the ball, lead the league in scoring, shot 48%, got 4 apg, and really acted like a SG for the first time in his career, but when Dwight didn't run pick and roll the team, not Kobe, but the team agreed he needed to be on the ball and give up his scoring to draw doubles and triples then make the play for others. PAu stood out the paint, he was all the way at the 3 point line at some points, trying to give him the paint to make it work, and he honestly even turned his lil jumper into a set lob to appease him.

Dwight's O needed work, he wanted to be Shaq without half the game or finesse. People act liek Shaq was a bull in a China shop, but he had a soft touch off the glass, foot work, and he could pass and control the ball with the best of them because he didn't bring it down low every catch.

Dwight can be successful in Houston. He will be in for a rude awakening as will Houston if they try to slow their pace down and go from a 3% of the time post team to a 50+% post team. He needs to go and watch some old Kareem tapes with showtime, and I mean old Kareem. He needs to give out outlets, come down and score when possible, and not clog the lane, stand with 2 feet in the paint and finish