PDA

View Full Version : Where will Cleveland stand??

SINCESTARBURY25
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
With a star point guard and a healthy Bynum plus if Anthony Bennett turns out to be a monster this year and takes the rookies by storm where do you put the Cavs?

This line-up
----------
PG-Irving 14-17 ppg 8 assist
Sg-Dion Waiters 9-14 ppg
sf-Anthony Bennett 9-15 ppg
PF-Tristian Thompson 9-12 ppg 6-9 rbd
C-Andrew Bynum 15-25 ppg 8-12 rbd

I got them in the 6th seed in the East.

Aust
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Who do you have ahead of them?

Heat, Pacers, Knicks, Nets, Cavs?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Who do you have ahead of them?

Heat, Pacers, Knicks, Nets, Cavs?

I think you're forgetting the Bulls, or at least I hope so

ManRam
07-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Still too much youth, and a big injury concern, for me to jump to saying 6th seed. That would be like a 20 game improvement. They'll be better...and you didn't even mention their bench which is now actually pretty damn solid...but there's still too much that could go wrong.

There's also still time for other teams to improve. A bit too early. I think playoffs are certainly a possibility, but I'm gonna hold off on my final prediction. If anything, there are too many variables and I'd therefore err on the side of caution.

They aren't besting Miami, New York, BK, Indy or Chicago. 6th is the absolute ceiling IMO.

4milesperday
07-10-2013, 11:21 PM
better than Knicks

SINCESTARBURY25
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
1.Miami
2.Brooklyn
3.Bulls
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Cavaliers
7.Hawks
8.Pistons

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
If Healthy, 4-6

RipCity32
07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
A lot of If's surrounding them being as high as a 6th seed but its looks like a playoff team on paper.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 11:34 PM
A lot of If's surrounding them being as high as a 6th seed but its looks like a playoff team on paper.

Theres "ifs" surrounding every team.

RipCity32
07-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Theres "ifs" surrounding every team.

True but I think The main XFactor in this team making the 6th seed is Bynum and his health correct.Seems like a pretty big if considering he hasn't even seen a basketball court in over a year.

PacersForLife
07-10-2013, 11:41 PM
1.Miami
2.Brooklyn
3.Bulls
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Cavaliers
7.Hawks
8.Pistons
How do you figure the Pacers will drop to the 5th seed?

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM
True but I think The main XFactor in this team making the 6th seed is Bynum and his health correct.Seems like a pretty big if considering he hasn't even seen a basketball court in over a year.

I feel you. I think that is reason why he will be healthy. A full year of rest without a team trying to rush him back . The Lakers were always chasing a ring and i think that held him back

tp13baby
07-10-2013, 11:51 PM

That's what I was thinking....

But
Miami
Pacers
Brooklyn
Chicago
Knicks
Atlanta

Washington, Toronto, Milwaukee, Cavaliers, and Detroit all will battle for the last two spots

Cavs got the young talent but growing pains will make them fighting for 7/8.

Iron24th
07-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I can see them stealing the 8th seed if Bynum is healthy

kyubi256
07-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Out of the playoffs

diu9leilomo
07-11-2013, 12:00 AM
East will be deep this year, even Bobcats might sneak into 8th.
Only 2 teams out of playoff race: Celtics and Magic

Ryan328
07-11-2013, 12:01 AM
If all goes well, 6 seed

Ryan328
07-11-2013, 12:01 AM
East will be deep this year, even Bobcats might sneak into 8th.
Only 2 teams out of playoff race: Celtics and Magic

76ers to

ClevelandSpider
07-11-2013, 12:04 AM
It's hard to determine how much of Bynum not playing last season was due to injury vs not caring/lack of desire or motivation...the same things people are saying about Bynum could be said about Derrick Rose, both missed last season...go back to 2011-12 season, Rose was just about the best PG in the game if not THE BEST and Bynum was 1 or 1a as best big man in the game...

With an incentive laden deal, we will see how bad his knees really are, I have a feeling he's going to come back strong and earn that $12 million...the problem with Drew is his health and determination, if he's healthy and motivated, this guy's a two time champion and just about as good as Dwight, except for only $6 million guaranteed...it is impossible to criticize the move the Cavs FO made in signing Bynum, there is absolutely no risk with huge reward potential, but haters gonna hate

RipCity32
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
I just don't see Bynum having enough drive for the game to recover and come back 100%.Hes never really seemed like a player who loved the game.Instead I feel like Hes content with his situation and is just looking to steal some more money for the last time.Im sure Philly knew he was done before they would just let him go like that without trying.Star players that can make recoveries (which is pretty uncommon for a big man in his condition)Have to really dedicate themselves for a comeback.However I think it's out of his hands now anyways.

PC
07-11-2013, 12:10 AM
They'd probably be the 6th best team in terms of talent in the East. As long as nothing crazy happens, that's where I see them at the end of the season

PC
07-11-2013, 12:13 AM

They were the 3 seed this year and I can definitely see the Nets & Bulls leapfrogging both the Knicks and Pacers. It'll be either the Knicks or Pacers at 4 or 5 in my opinion

RipCity32
07-11-2013, 12:22 AM
They were the 3 seed this year and I can definitely see the Nets & Bulls leapfrogging both the Knicks and Pacers. It'll be either the Knicks or Pacers at 4 or 5 in my opinion

I think Pacers are a 2 or 3 seed.They are just a all around tough team.

Aust
07-11-2013, 12:24 AM
I think you're forgetting the Bulls, or at least I hope so

I knew I was forgetting someone lol

Thanks

SINCESTARBURY25
07-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't count the Celtics out

shep33
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Not only is he an injury risk, but people forget that he hasn't played an NBA game in a year. Who knows what he looks like at this point

WITZ
07-11-2013, 12:57 AM
With a star point guard and a healthy Bynum plus if Anthony Bennett turns out to be a monster this year and takes the rookies by storm where do you put the Cavs?

This line-up
----------
Sg-Dion Waiters 9-14 ppg

Not singling you out seen it on ESPN and on here before as well, but Bennett was not drafted to play SF the Cavs have already came out and said Bennett was drafted as a PF but may slide over to SF for only a few minutes a game. I Dont understand why they keep putting him at SF. The Central division should be a great this season could potentially have 4 playoff teams excluding the bucks, 6th seed seems about right tho if all goes well.

PacersForLife
07-11-2013, 02:45 AM

Eh, we'll see. I've got a feeling we'll be fighting for the top few spots. I don't see us regressing by any means. It's hard to predict where the Bulls and Nets will be because their starting lineups will be a lot different. I think the Nets will be a 4th seed again, but a stronger one if that makes sense.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-11-2013, 02:52 AM
The Middle-Back End Of The East has gotten stronger imo. The only teams I would completely count out before the season starts would be Orlando and Philly who are both clearly in tank mode (Orlando since last year and Philly trading Holiday for Noel who is starting the season hurt).

Locked In:

1. Miami
2. Nets
3. Bulls
4. Pacers
5. Knicks

I still think its too early to do this as several fa dominoes have yet to fall in place but as of now My Picks are:

6. Atlanta (I have them at 6 for now but they still have a lot of questions to be answered. We still don't know what's happening with them at pg. If they keep Teague I expect them to make the playoffs somewhere 6-8 but if they replace him with Jennings I feel they could slip out. Regardless after losing Smith and Pachulia I don't expect them to take a bit of a step back this season).

7. Toronto (500 team post Rudy Gay Trade Last Year - Boston was 7th last year with that record)

8. Washington (With Wall, Beal and Nene playing together they were a 500 if not better team last year. If they all remain more or less healthy, and with the addition of Porter as well, I expect them to sneak into the playoffs)

9. Pistons (Smith makes them better than last year but I don't think itl be a great fit with Monroe and Drummond. I think losing Jose will hurt them a bit too). I think they improve but just miss the playoffs by a game or 2 in the end.

10. Cavs (Jack and Bennett improve their weak bench dramatically, especially if Bennett can come in and make an impact right away. I still very much question the health of Bynum, Varajao and Irving. If everything falls in line for them they could certainly make the playoffs but I foresee injuries holding them back. I think they improve their win total by 10 or so but still miss the playoffs

11. Bucks (After they fired their coach they seemed like they were in a steady decline and the team just seemed to lack chemistry. I just feel like they are trending downward still. They have some good individual pieces but it just doesn't seem to me like itl mesh. Plus theres still the Jennings/Teague situation to be sorted out so things may change).

12. Boston (With Green and Rondo still there they will be competitive but Rondo would probably have to play the whole season at peak form for them to have any chance)

13. Charlotte (Jefferson helps them a lot imo by giving them an option down low, so I won't completely count them out, but a lot of things would have to go perfectly for them in order to make it)
------------------------------
14. Philly (Although I wouldn't be surprised if they were better than this since they really only lost Jrue from last years team but I think they are trying to play for the lottery this year)

15. Orlando

Washington and Cleveland are the 2 biggest wildcards imo. Depending on injuries both could land anywhere from 6th-12th in the conference

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 02:59 AM
That's what I was thinking....

But
Miami
Pacers
Brooklyn
Chicago
Knicks
Atlanta

Washington, Toronto, Milwaukee, Cavaliers, and Detroit all will battle for the last two spots

Cavs got the young talent but growing pains will make them fighting for 7/8.

This. Personally, I have

Miami
Pacers
Chicago
Brooklyn
Knicks
Hawks
X
X

I think the main three contenders would be Washington, Cavs and Detroit. Wizards have arguably the better backcourt out of the three, while Detroit arguably has one of the highest ceilings on their frontcourt in the NBA. Cleveland has a solid, offensive starting lineup and would probably have the most potential to jump past the Hawks if Bynum is healthy. Toronto has Rudy Gay and Lowry, but I'd still have to give the edge to the other three teams with stars like Kyrie, Wall and Smith. Ujiri definitely seems to be taking them (slowly) into a better direction though. We'll see in a few years. With Reddick and Ellis gone, BJ either really needs to step up his game or Larry Sanders suddenly turns into Bill Russell.

abe_froman
07-11-2013, 03:03 AM
Don't count the Celtics out

why not? they're trying to race to the bottom

as for the cavs,if healthy they're 6-8 in the east,i'll say 7th

nyKnicks126
07-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Surprised that the cavs aren't tanking for a chance at Wiggins... Then again maybe Bynum will be out another year and they get into the lottery again... Not a bad return for losing LeBron James....

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Andrew Wiggins
Anthony Bennett
Andrew Bynum
On a side note I think the league will do everything possible to get the Lakers the number one pick

rockbottom2010
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Surprised that the cavs aren't tanking for a chance at Wiggins... Then again maybe Bynum will be out another year and they get into the lottery again... Not a bad return for losing LeBron James....

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Andrew Wiggins
Anthony Bennett
Andrew Bynum
............….......................
On a side note I think the league will do everything possible to get the Lakers the number one pick

Cavs have improved in their starting lineup their bench, they are automatically a 6th place team. Secondly, as long as Kobe, Gasol, Nash, and Kaman...they won't tank....they can't afford to tank or they will lose fans at the Staples Center.

HouRealCoach
07-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Miami
Bulls
Knicks
Pacers
Brooklyn
Washington
Cavaliers
whoever

& Kyrie is a LOCK to average more than 20 ppg

kblo247
07-11-2013, 09:08 AM
No freaking way they make the playoffs. Their three best guys are made of glass. Kyrie, Andy, and Bynum all are going to get hurt and miss time, its what they do, and the record will suffer when Jack, Waiters, Clark, Bennett, and Thompson are their team

FYL_McVeezy
07-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Cavs have improved in their starting lineup their bench, they are automatically a 6th place team. Secondly, as long as Kobe, Gasol, Nash, and Kaman...they won't tank....they can't afford to tank or they will lose fans at the Staples Center.

Are you calling Laker fans fair weather fans?

ATX
07-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I'd guess the 2013/14 season in the East ends up something like this:

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
Brooklyn
New York
Atlanta
Cleveland
Washington
-
Detroit
Toronto
Boston
Milwauke
Charlotte
Philadelphia
Orlando

prodigy
07-11-2013, 09:39 AM
This line-up
----------
PG-Irving 20-25 ppg 8 assist
Sg-Dion Waiters 15-18 ppg
sf-Anthony Bennett 8-12 ppg
PF-Tristian Thompson 13-15 ppg 10-12 rbd
C-Andrew Bynum 12-18 ppg 8-12 rbd(if healthy)

AV, Jack, Zeller, Gee, Clark, Miles, Karasev

Bennett prob won't start for the Cavs, not the first half of the season anyways. Grant still see's him as a PF.

Really gotta be impressed with what Clevleand is trying to do. Health will be such a huge factor for them with Irving, Bynum and AV. If they all stay somewhat healthy thoughout the season I think 5th seed is def possible. But i think 7-8 seed is alittle more realistic, get some playoff experience and grab a star player in FA market.

rockbottom2010
07-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Are you calling Laker fans fair weather fans?

does celebs like Jack Nicholson or Denzal Washington want to see the Lakers tank?....I don't think so

ottograham14
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM
6th Seed is their ceiling with probably around the 10th seed as their floor. Obviously their entire season will depend on the health of KI, Dion, AV and Bynum now. If all can at least give 60-70 games this year then they have accumulated enough depth with Thompson, Karasev, Jack, Clark, Bennett, Gee and Zeller to go with those four.

Also I would be very surprised too if they are not going to go out there and try finding a shooting 3 to go with their starting unit to space the floor for Dion, KI and leave the block open for Andy, TT and Bynum.

The biggest ? though after health will be Mike Brown's rotations. They essentially have 5-6 guys that are all frontcourt players now in Bynum, AV, TT, Zeller, Bennett and Clark where Bennett will probably get about 6-7mpg at the 3 on certain nights and Clark probably 16-18mpg a night there so it will be interesting to see if this does end up being the final roster of what Brown is going to do with all this size now. Also a big ? mark will be how the youngsters of the team like KI, Dion and Bennett take to Browns defense.

Alot of ?'s still concerning the team but on paper they look legit as a playoff team this year which makes this low risk high reward very exciting for Cavs fans. Plus its no ones money besides Dan Gilberts so why do we care how much he is making and he isn't tying them up if they don't pick up his option after this year so this is a no brainer signing IMO.

kblo247
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
does celebs like Jack Nicholson or Denzal Washington want to see the Lakers tank?....I don't think so

Jacks been there from day one. A good portion have been from the forum days like Ice Cube etc.

That said I agree they don't want the other stars not there when they make so much off crazy ticket prices. A preseason staples game costs like a playoff or all star game for most teams when the Lakers are involved. Likewise TWC gave them 5 billion reasons to not tank

D-Leethal
07-11-2013, 10:07 AM
People are underestimating the Cs. My money is on them being a playoff team next year. Rondo is going to finally have a team suited to his skillset, and a team that can finally run with him. He is as good as anyone on the break and now it will be guys like Bradley and Green running it with him, and not KG/Pierce slowing it down to half court. Don't sleep on the whiteboy from Gonzaga either, he has sleeper ROY written all over him. I think Boston sneaks in as a 7-8 seed.

rockbottom2010
07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Jacks been there from day one. A good portion have been from the forum days like Ice Cube etc.

That said I agree they don't want the other stars not there when they make so much off crazy ticket prices. A preseason staples game costs like a playoff or all star game for most teams when the Lakers are involved. Likewise TWC gave them 5 billion reasons to not tank

As long as Kobe is around, the Lakers will still compete for a playoff spot. In addition, hes way ahead of his sched. He could be ready by opening day...which is surprising

boboo73
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Miami
Bulls
Knicks
Pacers
Brooklyn
Washington
Cavaliers
whoever

& Kyrie is a LOCK to average more than 20 ppg

I think your analysis is pretty accurate. Kyrie definitely a 20+ppg guy.

Bulls and Miami will be fighting for the top spot. Pacers, Brooklyn and Knicks will be in 3,4,5 (no particular order) Washington is still a wild card. They played well down the stretch but I am not sold on their coach. I could see Detroit getting into the playoffs. Drummond is a monster and Smith might try playing now that he is getting paid.

rockbottom2010
07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I think your analysis is pretty accurate. Kyrie definitely a 20+ppg guy.

Bulls and Miami will be fighting for the top spot. Pacers, Brooklyn and Knicks will be in 3,4,5 (no particular order) Washington is still a wild card. They played well down the stretch but I am not sold on their coach. I could see Detroit getting into the playoffs. Drummond is a monster and Smith might try playing now that he is getting paid.

Pistons, Hawks, Bucks will compete for the final spot...east is back

TheNumber37
07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
you guys are crazy putting them Anywhere higher than 6.

they play in the central. they have to get a better record than the BOTH the Pacers and the Bulls to get a 4 seed. that requires for sure winning more than 50 games.

whose gonna win 50 next year...
Miami, Indiana, Brooklyn, NY, Chicago no other east team are capable of winning their division or winning 50.

RLundi
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. Cavs
8. Wizards

KnickaBocka.44
07-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Pistons, Hawks, Bucks will compete for the final spot...east is back

Bucks? I dont know about that.

TheLegend
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
People are underestimating the Cs. My money is on them being a playoff team next year. Rondo is going to finally have a team suited to his skillset, and a team that can finally run with him. He is as good as anyone on the break and now it will be guys like Bradley and Green running it with him, and not KG/Pierce slowing it down to half court. Don't sleep on the whiteboy from Gonzaga either, he has sleeper ROY written all over him. I think Boston sneaks in as a 7-8 seed.

Idiotic post of the year right here.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Not trying to be a hater here... but they don't have a star point guard. I don't understand why people continue to say that. They added an often injured center, to a team who's main center piece is an often injured guard.

TheLegend
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Not trying to be a hater here... but they don't have a star point guard. I don't understand why people continue to say that. They added an often injured center, to a team who's main center piece is an often injured guard.

And now u are the runner up. Kyrie is a star all day long

SINCESTARBURY25
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
If Anthony Bennett busts I think the the Cavs miss playoffs.

boboo73
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM

Kyrie's defense is lacking and decision making could be a little better but his ability to shoot and his ball handling are pretty unbelievable. If Rondo is considered a star for passing, then Irving is definitely a star for ball handling alone.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
And now u are the runner up. Kyrie is a star all day long

Keep telling yourself that. Josh Smith > any (healthy) player you have on your team.

People need to stop talking about Kyrie though, his career hasn't even started yet.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
If he's healthy, sure Kyrie is a star... the guy has an incredible talent set.

TheLegend
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
I personally think Bynum is done. Big men don't do well with bad knees, once the legs go on a big it's usually a wrap. See Yao Ming. See A'mare. There's a reason Bynum wouldn't work out for teams. Pistons will be better than Cavs next year IMO.

TheLegend
07-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Josh Smith > any (healthy) player you have on your team.

People need to stop talking about Kyrie though, his career hasn't even started yet.

Josh Smith would've been a star had he went to college.

KnickaBocka.44
07-11-2013, 12:13 PM

Josh Smith is pretty overrated bro.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Why do people continue to say that?

Watch the Hawks suck this year. Everyone just assumes that Josh Smith had nothing to do with them being a good team for his entire career.

He's not a superstar, but we feel as if he's an impact player.

@Thelegend, lol @ the college comment.

king4day
07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I think best case scenario is 5th seed. Worst is missing the playoffs again (but not bad enough to get a high lottery team).
All depends on health.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Being from Georgia Ive had a chance to watch Josh Smith every game since his rookie year. Well not every game.
He has huge heart and I hated to see him leave but he does have his bad shot selection and he loves to shoot jump shots when hes not that great at making them... To me he doesnt fit the Pistons and he my as well stayed in Atlanta....

herewegocubbies
07-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Penciling Bynum in for 15-25 pts is a bit over zealous in my opinion. Their is obviously a reason he and his agent didn't want anyone to look at his knee.

RLundi
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM

No.

Cal827
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I guess I'm one of the few thinking that they pretty much have a playoff spot.

-Even if Irving is out, they got a back-up who is able to handle the load fairly well in Jack. I feel that's a really underrated signing.

-I know both were hurt last season. But if Bynum can come back and provide a decent number, they will make the division tougher for the other teams. Even if Bynum misses, if AV is able to stay healthy, he can play near all star level.

-Waiters/Thompson should see an improvement to their respective games since they are young. Bennett could help too

-Irving is already near all star level and he should see improvement.

Irving/Jack
Waiters
Gee/Bennett
Thompson/Bennett
Bynum/AV

And a few Bench guys like Zeller and Miles.

Also consider that I'm pretty sure the team is likely not finished shopping. Even with the Bynum Signing, they still have quite a bit of cap space, so if a deal for a SF is available, they might consider it (Granger, Gay, etc).

The East is going to be top heavy again. Miami, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn and likely the Knicks taking the top 5 spots. But after that, I think they have the advantage over teams like Atlanta, and some of the semi ready teams like Washington/Detroit.

Bostonjorge
07-12-2013, 04:02 AM
I got them in the 6th spot eliminating the bulls in the first rd.

GunFactor187
07-12-2013, 04:12 AM
I've no idea why so many of you have AV coming off the bench, his natural position is PF. I think if both are healthy, him and Bynum could create an amazing frontcourt also adding Bennett at SF, they could be a powerhouse.

ottograham14
07-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I've no idea why so many of you have AV coming off the bench, his natural position is PF. I think if both are healthy, him and Bynum could create an amazing frontcourt also adding Bennett at SF, they could be a powerhouse.

Bennett is not starting at the 3 and he will play his more natural position of PF for most of the season while probably getting about 10-12mpg at the 3. AV will not start either and he will be backup depth at the 5 or start at the 5 if Bynum isn't ready as Brown has always loved his motor and tenacity against bigs to wear them down and frustrate them. He will probably get about 20-24mpg to limit him for injury concerns like they couldn't do in the past. Tristan Thompson was the teams MIP last year and is continuing to only get better. If the roster stays the way it is he will be the starting 4 with the hope that Bynum opens the season at the 5 but they have already said that they will take it slow with Bynum and AV. If anyone is going to play the most at the 3 for the team with how it is currently constructed it will be Earl Clark or Gee more than likely.

PG – Kyrie Irving (34), Jarrett Jack (14)

SG – Dion Waiters (32), Jarrett Jack (12), Sergey Karasev (4)

SF – Earl Clark (12), Anthony Bennett (12), Alonzo Gee (14), Sergey Karasev (10)

PF – Tristan Thompson (22), Anthony Bennett (14), Earl Clark (8), Anderson Varejao (4)

C – Andrew Bynum (25), Anderson Varejao (20), Tristan Thompson (3)

Here is a good lay out of how mpg will probably go if all are healthy.

boboo73
07-12-2013, 08:34 AM
I got them in the 6th spot eliminating the bulls in the first rd.

LOL. I hope you are trolling otherwise you are awful at evaluating teams. Assuming the Bulls arent missing Rose to injury again there is no way the Bulls would lose to the Cavs in a 7 game series with home court advantage.

Did you have the Lakers over the Spurs last year too?

RipCity32
07-12-2013, 11:05 AM
You guys are overreacting a bit over a player who hasn't played in over a year and has no knees left.There is no way a 25 year old center like Bynum would even be around for the Cavs to take if every other GM didn't know he was done.

ClevelandSpider
07-12-2013, 11:11 AM
You guys are overreacting a bit over a player who hasn't played in over a year and has no knees left.There is no way a 25 year old center like Bynum would even be around for the Cavs to take if every other GM didn't know he was done.

Me thinks yous a bit jealous....

RipCity32
07-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Why would I be jealous,We have the best Frontcourt rotation in the league right now in my opinion.I hope he does work out for you but just stop and think about it a minute.Why was there no offers for a 25 year old big of that caliber.

boboo73
07-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Or pointing out a logical analysis.

Sandman
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Cleveland will stand on Bynum's shaky knees

could pay off

3RDASYSTEM
07-12-2013, 11:35 AM
if all stayed healthy for 75-78 games they could easily be a top 4 eastern squad

they'd basically have the same blueprint version as HOUSTON, allstar on perimeter and allstar on the block, easily top 4 team if healthy, but we all know ANDY-BYNUM-IRVING will sooner or later be on that sideline in taylor made suits, I hope not because that would really balance out the east and make it that more exciting to watch

KnickaBocka.44
07-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Why do people continue to say that?

Watch the Hawks suck this year. Everyone just assumes that Josh Smith had nothing to do with them being a good team for his entire career.

He's not a superstar, but we feel as if he's an impact player.

@Thelegend, lol @ the college comment.

At what position?

prodigy
07-12-2013, 12:02 PM

Well Bynum talked to Cavs, Mavs, Hawks, and a few others so its not like Cavs were the only team calling. IMO teams were scared off by his Knee's and didn't wannt give him 6 mill with incentives a year. By no means is that saying Bynum will never play basketball again. They just didn't wanna deal with it. Its worth the risk fro the Cavs, it'll be interesting to watch.

I remember Big Z getting bolts put in his foot, people thought he would never play again. Not only did he play another 8-9 years but he was an all-star.

mavwar53
07-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Bynum and Irving stay healthy they could be as high as 3rd, and as low as 8. If each are out foray least a 20 games then 6th is the best the could do, or as low as 12th.

Vee-Rex
07-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Umm... Kyrie will average more than 14-17ppg to the original poster. Try 20+.

ClevelandSpider
07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Why would I be jealous,We have the best Frontcourt rotation in the league right now in my opinion.I hope he does work out for you but just stop and think about it a minute.Why was there no offers for a 25 year old big of that caliber.

:laugh2: You Pistons fans are just like the Cavs FO, who have a reputation around the league of vastly overrating their players...there is no one, and I repeat no one on your Pistons team that I would call untouchable in terms of trades, there are no players on the Pistons that could even be considered building blocks of a championship team...but since we're gonna play who can be the biggest homer, if you guys have the best frontcourt, then my Cavs have the best backcourt rotation in the league...

As far as Bynum goes...the Cavs had the cap space and their window of contending is just opening, whereas the Mavs are on Dirk's last legs and there's certainly more pressure there with Cuban...the Cavs have a better team than Atlanta, especially after losing Josh Smith...this really was a no risk, high reward situation, if Bynum doesn't play at all or doesn't meet the incentives, it amounts to $6 million, or what they paid Luke Walton last year! If he plays 75 games, returns to all star form and is truly recovered and healthy, you get the best or 1a big man in the game for a bargain next year at $12 million while still having the cap space to bring LeBron back...there is absolutely no way a rational person can criticize the move, absolutely NO WAY...the Cavs chances of making the playoffs are contingent on Bynum being recovered, but before the move I picked them to make the playoffs as the 8th seed, now they add Bynum, if he's healthy, watch out...

RipCity32
07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Well Bynum talked to Cavs, Mavs, Hawks, and a few others so its not like Cavs were the only team calling. IMO teams were scared off by his Knee's and didn't wannt give him 6 mill with incentives a year. By no means is that saying Bynum will never play basketball again. They just didn't wanna deal with it. Its worth the risk fro the Cavs, it'll be interesting to watch.

I remember Big Z getting bolts put in his foot, people thought he would never play again. Not only did he play another 8-9 years but he was an all-star.

It was worth the risk for you guys for sure.I just think its pretty good odds that Hes done especially with his non desire for the game.

RipCity32
07-12-2013, 12:41 PM
:laugh2: You Pistons fans are just like the Cavs FO, who have a reputation around the league of vastly overrating their players...there is no one, and I repeat no one on your Pistons team that I would call untouchable in terms of trades, thb on the Pistons that could even be considered building blocks of a championship team...but since we're gonna play who can be the biggest homer, if you guys have the best frontcourt, then my Cavs have the best backcourt rotation in the league...

As far as Bynum goes...the Cavs had the cap space and their window of contending is just opening, whereas the Mavs are on Dirk's last legs and there's certainly more pressure there with Cuban...the Cavs have a better team than Atlanta, especially after losing Josh Smith...this really was a no risk, high reward situation, if Bynum doesn't play at all or doesn't meet the incentives, it amounts to $6 million, or what they paid Luke Walton last year! If he plays 75 games, returns to all star form and is truly recovered and healthy, you get the best or 1a big man in the game for a bargain next year at $12 million while still having the cap space to bring LeBron back...there is absolutely no way a rational person can criticize the move, absolutely NO WAY...the Cavs chances of making the playoffs are contingent on Bynum being recovered, but before the move I picked them to make the playoffs as the 8th seed, now they add Bynum, if he's healthy, watch out...

:laugh2: that's funny,I wish we had your championship team.Guys like Bennett,Waiters and Thompson.Hell your GM shuts down your best player every year for a higher draft pick.Yep that's how you run a orginization.Now you guys are going to go out back and pick up your pile of ashes that was once a Lebron jersey because he might come back out of sympathy after Hes done winning titles.

bgdreton
07-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Cavs are not higher than 6th at best. Heat, pacers, bulls are lock for top 3. Next would be nets, Knicks then maybe cavs. If Bynum can play at a high level then I see them here if not I see them 8th. Other than Bynum who is playing defense on that team? Kyrie umm no, waiters to small and no, Bennett is really a pf trying to be a sf no, Thompson is so so. All and all I would say they would fight for 7/8 seed.

mp3
07-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Possibly a low seed if they all play. I don't think Bynum plays no more than half the season. Kyrie is going to miss some games as well.

THE MTL
07-12-2013, 02:03 PM
They have to remain healthy. Kyrie Irving has yet to play 60 games in one season. And Bynum is an enigma.

KnickaBocka.44
07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
:laugh2: You Pistons fans are just like the Cavs FO, who have a reputation around the league of vastly overrating their players...there is no one, and I repeat no one on your Pistons team that I would call untouchable in terms of trades, there are no players on the Pistons that could even be considered building blocks of a championship team...but since we're gonna play who can be the biggest homer, if you guys have the best frontcourt, then my Cavs have the best backcourt rotation in the league...

:laugh2: that's funny,I wish we had your championship team.Guys like Bennett,Waiters and Thompson.Hell your GM shuts down your best player every year for a higher draft pick.Yep that's how you run a orginization.Now you guys are going to go out back and pick up your pile of ashes that was once a Lebron jersey because he might come back out of sympathy after Hes done winning titles.

The Detroit/Cleveland rivalry is already brewing :catfight:

KnickaBocka.44
07-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Just saw the contract numbers and this is extremely low risk. Only 6 million guaranteed and a team option on year 2. This is a good move for the Cavs...maybe too good since they are still working on finalizing the contract.

Klivlend
07-12-2013, 02:27 PM
The Detroit/Cleveland rivalry is already brewing :catfight:

It was a good one. Short, but fun. I'm ready for part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

I can't believe how bad that Cavs team was...Eric Snow, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones..wtf
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

iam brett favre
07-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Have they officially signed Bynum yet? I went to their forum and see nothing about it :shrug:

AddiX
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
IMO Bynum barely touches the court this year, and since I've known of Irving he's been injured, kid is made of glass. His injury report since college is crazy.

Not expecting much from caves.

Goose17
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
If Bynum plays and plays like he did in LA? Playoffs.

If he doesn't? Lottery.

How long before Irving contract runs out? He's going to bolt.

boboo73
07-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Bynum and Irving stay healthy they could be as high as 3rd, and as low as 8. If each are out foray least a 20 games then 6th is the best the could do, or as low as 12th.

No way they are a third. That would mean they finish with a better record than the Bulls and Pacers. Its not like the Cavs just signed a young Shaq. They signed a middle of the career, bad knees, bad work ethic Bynum. Kyrie is a solid player and they have good depth but they are no where near the Bulls/Pacers.

MonroeFAN
07-12-2013, 04:19 PM

Suggesting that Monroe, Drummond & Smith are one of the best frontcourt rotations in the league is something worth laughing at?

What exactly is your thought process when making a post like that? Just being a douche? I would love to see a list of teams that absolutely have a better front court. I can't imagine many teams are looking forward to having to deal with it. Your cavs have some nice pieces, if they can stay healthy then we can talk about it. As of right now, both teams suck.

bootleg42
07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
At best, the Cavs are 8th or 7th.

Let's just admit it. They're building up for LeBron's return.

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2013, 05:05 PM
They're, at best, the fifth best team, after Miami, Indiana, Chicago and Brooklyn.

ryder78c
07-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Still too much youth, and a big injury concern, for me to jump to saying 6th seed. That would be like a 20 game improvement. They'll be better...and you didn't even mention their bench which is now actually pretty damn solid...but there's still too much that could go wrong.

There's also still time for other teams to improve. A bit too early. I think playoffs are certainly a possibility, but I'm gonna hold off on my final prediction. If anything, there are too many variables and I'd therefore err on the side of caution.

They aren't besting Miami, New York, BK, Indy or Chicago. 6th is the absolute ceiling IMO.

add in Detroit because there gonna be a beastly young team

Drummond
Monroe/Maxiell & Jerebko & Villanueva
J.Smith/Maggette
Caldwell-Pope/Stuckey
Knight/Billups

ryder78c
07-12-2013, 05:32 PM
No way they are a third. That would mean they finish with a better record than the Bulls and Pacers. Its not like the Cavs just signed a young Shaq. They signed a middle of the career, bad knees, bad work ethic Bynum. Kyrie is a solid player and they have good depth but they are no where near the Bulls/Pacers. not really

Lake_Show2416
07-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Cavs will surprise ppl if Bynum stays healthy, they can finish 5th or 6th seed if things go well

GMpunk
07-12-2013, 05:34 PM
free agency aint done yet... but 4 now they look as high as 6th...

prodigy
07-12-2013, 06:55 PM
especially with his non desire for the game.

This is also my biggest worry even if he never had knee injuries. But im hoping this injury will wake him up. change him for hte better. It's happened to guys before.

Dade County
07-12-2013, 07:02 PM
they will be a good young team, they might get the 8th seed with a little bit of luck...

Wouldn't it be cool, HEAT vs Cav's 1st rd matchup.

prodigy
07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
not really

yes really. right now as of today their bench would be Bennett, Jack, CJ miles, Clark, AV, Zeller, the russian rookie who was considered the best shooter in the draft even luke Walton who played pretty well for us last season. Thats a pretty good bench, Cavs will go 12 deep easy maybe more pending how the rookies come along. I'm not saying thats the best bench in the NBA, but i def think it will be a top 10 for sure.

prodigy
07-12-2013, 07:12 PM
they will be a good young team, they might get the 8th seed with a little bit of luck...

Wouldn't it be cool, HEAT vs Cav's 1st rd matchup.

Ya this coming season Heat 1st seed Cavs 8th. Then the following year Cavs with Lebron 1st seed vs Heat banged up injury prone wade 8th seed.

(kinda a joke but its possible.)

Dade County
07-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Ya this coming season Heat 1st seed Cavs 8th. Then the following year Cavs with Lebron 1st seed vs Heat banged up injury prone wade 8th seed.

(kinda a joke but its possible.)

I wouldn't even be mad at Lbj if he left to go back to the Cav's... But something is telling me that the HEAT will still win a ring if he does leave ( not being a homer here, I just have that feeling ).

RipCity32
07-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't even be mad at Lbj if he left to go back to the Cav's... But something is telling me that the HEAT will still win a ring if he does leave ( not being a homer here, I just have that feeling ).

I doubt that

Tony_Starks
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
As horrible as the East is they should be a playoff team...

prodigy
07-12-2013, 11:36 PM

gonna go with no on that. But its nice to believe.

PC
07-12-2013, 11:52 PM

With a diminished Wade and Bosh? Yea somehow I doubt that

rockbottom2010
07-12-2013, 11:55 PM
With a diminished Wade and Bosh? Yea somehow I doubt that

they are not diminished......ask kobe or duncan if they were dmiminished in their late 20s early 30s

PC
07-12-2013, 11:59 PM
they are not diminished......ask kobe or duncan if they were dmiminished in their late 20s early 30s

Bosh I think is still pretty much the same player (talent wise) as he was when he signed with Miami but Wade's been banged up a lot in his career and for a player who's relied heavily on his athleticism, that's not a good thing

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
add in Detroit because there gonna be a beastly young team

Drummond
Monroe/Maxiell & Jerebko & Villanueva
J.Smith/Maggette
Caldwell-Pope/Stuckey
Knight/Billups

But Detroit's so weak in the back court that it'll have trouble getting the ball to that logjam in the front court. That deal for Josh Smith wasn't a good decision, even if Smith is a defensive ace and a stat stuffer.

nickdymez
07-13-2013, 04:07 PM

Kobe = Second best shooting guard of all time
Duncan = Greatest PF of all time

See the difference?

N3TS
07-14-2013, 01:52 AM
I can see them finishing anywhere from 6th to 10th in the east.

IndiansFan337
07-14-2013, 09:21 PM

This line-up
----------
Sg-Dion Waiters 9-14 ppg

Those averages are pretty out there, but 6th-7th seed is reasonable if they can get 25 mpg from Bynum and Varejao. They need a healthy Varejao if they are to compete. Another issue I have is playing TT and Bynum together. I don't think they will want to move TT to the bench, but he and Bynum both need to play on the low block and will be in each others way. It will be very interesting to see how Mike Brown splits up the big man rotation with Bynum, Varejao, TT, Bennett, Clark, and Zeller. Zeller was starting for us the final 2/3 of last season and this year he might be our 6th best big. That's a huge improvement. Granted, this is until some of those guys start falling victim to their usual injuries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Varejao/Bynum can each play 60+ games. That isn't too much to ask, IMO.