PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets-Lakers-Sixers-Magic Trade

Guppyfighter
07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Who won the trade guys?

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Lakers, we basically avoided signing Bynum to a Max by acquiring that diva from Orlando.

Bostonjorge
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
There are no winners. But lakers will recover faster maybe even sign melo and that guy in Miami.

ManRam
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
No one "won".

Magic "lost" the least.

ManRam
07-10-2013, 11:01 PM
There are no winners. But lakers will recover faster maybe even sign melo and that guy in Miami.

They might recover faster, but not because of anything that happened via the trade. It will be for other reasons (the fact that they are the LA Lakers).

CavsYanksDuke
07-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Trading away D12 = Win.

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
lol worse "blockbuster" trade ever.

Cracka2HI!
07-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Probably the worst trade in history, but ironically the Lakers do actually come out in much better shape because they didn't max Byman. Man even they completely screw up it works.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-10-2013, 11:10 PM
The Rockets won the trade.

bholly
07-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Orlando got a bunch of pieces that help them with the path they're on - Vuc, Harkless, picks, and whatever they end up getting out of Afflalo. That's not the case for any of the other three teams. Easy call.

More-Than-Most
07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Magic but I would do the deal all over again if I were the sixers. Getting rid of iggy was the best move and we can finally rebuild.

Aust
07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I guess you can say the Lakers won if the alternative was signing Bynum to the max/big money lol.

Magic did better than people gave them credit for at the time.

jimm120
07-10-2013, 11:21 PM
No one "won".

Magic "lost" the least.

I think that's the perfect description.

Orlando: Lost Dwight and playoff hopes but got back some #3 talent...

Lakers: Got Dwight for 1 year but most importantly, allowed them to not sign Bynum to the max. Didn't get Dwight to stay.

Nuggets: Got Iggy and helped them this year...but only for 1 year.

Philly: got the worst of all. Got rid of Iggy but Bynum was out all year.

As said, no one won. The one that "lost the least" were the Nuggets. Orlando managed to start rebuilding but losing Dwight made them a non-contender. Lakers got out of Bynum's extension but now have no great center/cornerstone for their franchise.

TrueFan420
07-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Didnt we do this thread once this off season already

kyubi256
07-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I think the Nuggets did well. Sure they only had Iggy for a year but they still have a stacked team. And Orlando actually got something for Howard instead of nothing

bleedprple&gold
07-11-2013, 12:09 AM
We don't know for sure that the Lakers were going to sign Bynum to a max deal. They had reservations about his knees. They wouldn't have had to make that decision until this offseason, and they obviously wouldn't have at that point.

THE MTL
07-11-2013, 12:12 AM
The magic came out the clear winners and it's not close. Ppl give it to LA because they got cap space.......well orlando got cap space, good role player in afflao, young prospect in nikola, and picks.

*Superman*
07-11-2013, 12:20 AM
The Magic...we finally won something...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/ace_ventura.gif

Aust
07-11-2013, 12:22 AM
The Magic...we finally won something...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/ace_ventura.gif

:up:

bholly
07-11-2013, 12:23 AM
The Lakers might be better off for not having re-signed Bynum, but that doesn't mean the deal itself was good for them. Bynum had serious value at that point, so they would've been much better off trading him for something permanent. So at best the deal cost them a very valuable asset and some picks. That's not the worse case scenario (maxing Bynum), but it's also not winning a trade.

Likewise, the Sixers are in a far better situation now than they were before the trade, and you could argue the trade forced them into rebuilding, but that doesn't mean the actual trade was good for them. They'd have been much better off keeping the young pieces and picks and moving Iggy for something else. They're better off, but it's not because the trade itself was good.

The only team who're better off because of the actual trade are Orlando.

SoFreshNsoClean
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
gotta give the nod to the magic. LA lost Dwight, Denver ultimately lost Big Al, AAA (both liked denver) and obv iggy but I think hes overrated anyway, Philly lost the Bynum gamble...(but they also got rid of iggy who again is overrated)

All teams discussed are in different stages, directions and have acquired new pieces but for what the purpose of the trade was orignally for Magic came out the winners...

Aust
07-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Wasn't there a Bynum-Melo trade open at one point?

SoFreshNsoClean
07-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Bynum had serious value at that point, so they would've been much better off trading him for something permanent.

This woulda been the smart move assuming they had some takers...

5ass
07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
The magic win this easily.
We dont know if lakers were going to resign bynum. Theres no reason to think he wouldnt have been out all season in LA too. Unless they dont have bowling alleys in LA bynum wouldve likely been in the same situation.
Everybody expected the magic to take bynum. Rob hennigen is the youngest GM in the league. He was making his first GM decision when he traded howard. He worked for the best GM in the leauge, Presti. I expect the magic to be the new OKC in the east, but without the cheap owner.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2013, 12:54 AM
haha a 4 team trade where everyone lost

roshan3ai
07-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Magic but I would do the deal all over again if I were the sixers. Getting rid of iggy was the best move and we can finally rebuild.

Getting rid of Vucevic was horrendous though.

*Superman*
07-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Getting rid of Vucevic was horrendous though.

Moe is pretty solid too...

abe_froman
07-11-2013, 01:18 AM
that is funny how the magic reall did win this trade,dont think anyone would have said that a year ago :laugh2:

bholly
07-11-2013, 01:31 AM
This woulda been the smart move assuming they had some takers...

My memory is hazy, but weren't the Rockets trying to muscled their way in there? Given he'd just played the whole season, and only had a year left on his deal, I think someone would've taken a shot.

Jenceman
07-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Wasn't there a Bynum-Melo trade open at one point?

Yeah, we should have done that...

2-ONE-5
07-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Sixers and Magic are in the best position going forward. Yea we got creamed in the trade but we all knew the otherside of it was a rebuild and cap space like it is now.

TheNumber37
07-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Magic are the only team who kind of has what they wanted. picks assets, cap space.

Lakers traded 0 for 0.
Nuggets lost in the first round and then lost iggy to the team that beat them.
Sixers should've at least signed an traded Bynum for varejao.

2-ONE-5
07-11-2013, 11:23 AM
how could we S&T for Bynum when they are under the cap? also no need to Andy V ither then just to flip him

THE MTL
07-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Sixers and Magic are in the best position going forward. Yea we got creamed in the trade but we all knew the otherside of it was a rebuild and cap space like it is now.

Bynum was supposed to be what you guys only hope Noel would be. And you lost a top 7 nba pg to do it.

I just hated how u traded a 22 year old allstar nba point guard who is only getting better for a 200lb 7fter who is already damaged goods.

In this 2013 draft, holiday would be 1st overall and at 22years old his age even matches.

PhillyFaninLA
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
If we get Wiggens (or one of the other studs) and a nice player with the Pelicans pick and 2 good free agents next off season, the Sixers if not the Magic

PhillyFaninLA
07-11-2013, 12:57 PM

I was hoping Bynum was a one year guy because I wanted the cap space....its cause and effect, the cap space we have, the trading of Jrue, the hopefully being the worst team in the league next year and getting luck in the lottery, hopeing the Pelicans are just bad enough to get us the 6th overall.

Without that deal none of that happens, the players we traded would have made us a little better and we would have kept Jrue and not had as good of a cap situation next year.

It all relates to this trade and Bynum leaving. (along with the Brand contract off the books).

PhillyFaninLA
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Bynum was supposed to be what you guys only hope Noel would be. And you lost a top 7 nba pg to do it.

I just hated how u traded a 22 year old allstar nba point guard who is only getting better for a 200lb 7fter who is already damaged goods.

In this 2013 draft, holiday would be 1st overall and at 22years old his age even matches.

Bynum is an offensive minded player, Noels is a shot blocker and rebounder, if both are healthy and playing there best Noels is not what we hope Bynum would be...completely different play styles.

2-ONE-5
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM

the expectations for Noel are nowhere near what we expected form Bynum and how is Noel damaged goods? He tore is ACL he doesnt have a degenerate knee issue like Bynum. Also Jrue would not be close to the top pick this year if you are basing it off what he did at UCLA. We also didnt give up Jrue for Noel we got a (top 3 or 5) lottery pick next year too and have the possibility to draft not 1 but TWO players who could turn out to be much much better than Jrue.

todu82
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Orlando.

Lakers Ghost
07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I guess you can say the Lakers won if the alternative was signing Bynum to the max/big money lol.

Magic did better than people gave them credit for at the time.

agree with that we even got clark who prove to be better than expected yes he left but thats because lakers dont want long contracts at this moments

Tymathee
07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Magic are the only ones with players from the trade.