PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA event pained you more?

IKnowHoops
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
What ruined your day worse?

1.Watching your team getting eliminated in the playoffs.

2.Watching the Spurs get eliminated by the Heat in the finals.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I am a Wolves fan, so neither...

kobe4thewinbang
07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Lakers were dead at the starting gate (i.e. no Kobe Bryant), so I expected them to go down in flames quickly.

So, definitely #2.

If Duncan had been in game 6 to get the rebound, Ray Allen would've likely never gotten that 3 point attempt.

Game 7 was even worse because Ginobili committed horrendous turnovers, Parker was nonexistent, and Duncan missed a layup, Danny Green missed a would-be-game-tying 3 pointer with virtually no defensive pressure after a steal, then Duncan missed a put-back attempt.

It was the ultimate choke job. Miami survived and were virtually 5 seconds away from losing it all in game 6.

:sigh:

IKnowHoops
07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I am a Wolves fan, so neither...

I guess this question is really directed at Heat haters who's favorite team was in the playoffs. What is stronger, your love for your team, or the Hate for the Heat?

Hawkeye15
07-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I guess this question is really directed at Heat haters who's favorite team was in the playoffs. What is stronger, your love for your team, or the Hate for the Heat?

exponentially the love for my team. Not even close. I DESPISE the Lakers, but it would pain me far more to see my puppies eliminated than it would to see the Lakers hold up another trophy.

D-Leethal
07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
#1 especially after Shumperts 3 point barrage to get us back in it and eventually have a lead late. Broken dreams....

#2 hurt the **** out of my bank account though

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Granted, I knew the Lakers had no chance of going very far, but I still hate to see us lose.

As for the other option, I never doubted that Miami would win. If they stay healthy next season, they'll be back in the Finals again. The only real question is who will they face in the West.

kdspurman
07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Both. Still painful till this day, and I'm still not fully able to comprehend what happened.

ManRam
07-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Unless you're a Lakers fan (knowing you had no chance in round 1) if you're voting for option #2 that's pretty pathetic.

saadrvb
07-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I knew the Lakers had no chance of going very far, but I still hate to see us lose.http://www.camj.info/7j1.jpg

Sadds The Gr8
07-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Spurs. Wanted Miami to lose so badly. Plus the Craptors never make playoffs anyways

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
exponentially the love for my team. Not even close. I DESPISE the Lakers, but it would pain me far more to see my puppies eliminated than it would to see the Lakers hold up another trophy.

Just like in 03 and 04?

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Both. Still painful till this day, and I'm still not fully able to comprehend what happened.

I feel for you man :cheers:

Bostonjorge
07-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Kobe limping off the court was the worst for me. It was a bad week.

PacersForLife
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
My team getting knocked out. I wanted the Spurs to win but I didn't lose any sleep over it.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Unless you're a Lakers fan (knowing you had no chance in round 1) if you're voting for option #2 that's pretty pathetic.

What if you're a Bucks fan?:laugh2:

Greet
07-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Clearly it's #1. Especially losing to that Bulls team......

IKnowHoops
07-11-2013, 12:31 AM

Ive been a Spurs fan since David Robinson (my favorite player of all time) was a rookie. I am equally a Lebron fan. I wanted Miami to win because I wanted Lebron to win. And I think the reason I have been cheering for Lebron over the Spurs is because of all the hate he gets. I think that if from day one, everyone was saying he was better than Jordan, I would never of had to defend the man so much which makes me cheer for he and myself to be right. Where as with the Spurs everyone acknowledges they are the best run franchise with the best head coach with the greatest power forward of all time.

All that being said, I feel you man. So sorry.

Wade n Fade
07-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Neither since the Heat won the championship again.

Jarvo
07-11-2013, 02:14 AM
I live in Miami and a Spurs fan, So I watched how people were happy and out on the streets enjoying the victory and still have not got over it.

seikou8
07-11-2013, 02:20 AM

this only if your spurs fan its ok

DreamShaker
07-11-2013, 03:14 AM
I actually was rooting for the Heat to beat the Spurs. So it was watching the Rockets lose, even though I was realistic about their chances. I think watching Westbrook go down was the biggest bummer for me besides the obvious.

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Losing to Indy. Well, watching the Knicks display an effort in futility at least, was terrible. Props to Indiana, but at the same time, it was a disappointment to watch one of our best seasons go down in flames.

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 03:21 AM
What if you're a Bucks fan?:laugh2:

Bucks got it in 8, don't worry.

bloomis1307
07-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I knew the Celtics weren't going all the way this year (I guess now for the next couple too :() So I guess seeing the Sputs lose was the bigger disappointment. I enjoy watching basketball but for a while there the Heat Celtics was a real good rivalry so obviously I'd want the heat to lose...

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2013, 11:20 AM
My love for the grizz outweighs my hate for the heat so my teams elimination stung more

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Plus anyone with a brain knows the spurs had it won. A missed free throw and a divine intervention from Jesus (shuttlesworth) is the only reason the spurs didn't close out game 6

thesprite
07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Ive been a Spurs fan since David Robinson (my favorite player of all time) was a rookie. I am equally a Lebron fan. I wanted Miami to win because I wanted Lebron to win. And I think the reason I have been cheering for Lebron over the Spurs is because of all the hate he gets. I think that if from day one, everyone was saying he was better than Jordan, I would never of had to defend the man so much which makes me cheer for he and myself to be right. Where as with the Spurs everyone acknowledges they are the best run franchise with the best head coach with the greatest power forward of all time.

^This. Echoed my thoughts.

The Kings weren't in the playoffs. But it pained me seeing the Maloofs go...laughed and grinned so hard it hurts.

Slug3
07-11-2013, 11:57 AM

I think spur fans will be talking about the end if game 6 for a long time an wondering what happened. I'm sure it's so hard to sit there and think that one more FT is all that's needed.

RLundi
07-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Neither applied to me.

Goose17
07-11-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm happy for Lebron, the more rings he gets the more he proves people wrong.

As a Dubs fan I hated watching them be eliminated obviously, but I was proud of the improvement we made in the space of a single season.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Just like in 03 and 04?

just like every time they have made the playoffs dude, those years aren't special because your Lakers were the ones who did it.

Trueblue2
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Any non spurs fan that says 'watching lebron win' is just hating. Why hate the best player of a generation? Youre priveleged to watch him build his legacy, hell go down as an all time great, appreciate it while it lasts.

TrueFan420
07-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Slam dunk contest

TrueFan420
07-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Any non spurs fan that says 'watching lebron win' is just hating. Why hate the best player of a generation? Youre priveleged to watch him build his legacy, hell go down as an all time great, appreciate it while it lasts.

I didn't wanna see the heat win so that as a warriors fan I could say we lost to the eventual champions. Also you say enjoy watching Lebron build a legacy but what if we wanna see Duncan and pop continue to add to their legacy before they retire. I'd have loved to see Duncan end up 5-5 in finals maybe even pick up a 6th. Dude has been unreal but was overshadowed by others that are flashier. What if I like that he and pop represent going about the game the right way, working hard and being true professionals.

How is that hating?

ChicagoJ
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Watching the spurs blow an elimination game for a championship was the worst thing that happened. The heat needed help from the spurs to not get eliminated and they got it. That was tough to watch.

Rivera
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Im a magic fan we weren't in it

But seeing ray rays three to send it in ot sent a dagger through my heart

ChicagoJ
07-11-2013, 05:40 PM

Everyone has their own perspective. As a fan I admit I have great pride for the legacy of my team and what they accomplished. I've been a bulls fan since 87 and watched that whole era.

I root for teams to not three-peat, not win 6 or more titles, not win 72 games in a season, no player to be considered at mj's level, etc... So if anything has potential to rival any of those things I root against it.

Now, records are meant to be broken and I get that. Some players / teams I'd root for even if they rival some of the bulls legacy. But the way Miami was formed in combination with everything else is why I root against them.

With all that said, I am entertained by watching lebron and its fun rooting against him. I don't hate him and think he's an incredible player. I Just want him to always be 2nd best if that.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Im a magic fan we weren't in it

But seeing ray rays three to send it in ot sent a dagger through my heart

Hhahahahaha. I couldn't help but notice your pain, it runs deep, share it with me.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Watching the spurs blow an elimination game for a championship was the worst thing that happened. The heat needed help from the spurs to not get eliminated and they got it. That was tough to watch.

So seeing that happen was worse than seeing the Heat eliminate your Bulls team?

IKnowHoops
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Its crazy I know, but funny too. I'm loving hearing the accounts of these people