PDA

View Full Version : Kristo

Rangers in 7
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
this is for you Sly:

Following the Rangers acquisition of Danny Kristo, for Christian Thomas, Leslie Treff of Hockey’s Future tweeted that the Rangers continue to take the Montreal Canadians to the cleaners.

If Danny Kristo and Ryan McDonagh lead the Rangers to a Stanley Cup, Montreal may sink into the river and never be heard from again.—
Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) July 02, 2013

Julie Robenhymer writes that that the Rangers “stole” Kristo from Montreal and that he will enter a locker room with players that he knows which will lead to a comfortable situation for him. She notes that a comfortable Kristo is a “confident Kristo and a confident Kristo is a successful Kristo.”

She says that this deal is a “huge win” for the Rangers.

Robenhymer writes that a reputation for maturity issues has followed Kristo since his early days at North Dakota but that after an issue with frostbite in 2011, he cleaned up his act and improved his focus on the ice.

Larry Brooks writes in the NY Post that the Rangers feel they “absolutely stole” Kristo from Montreal.

nyr1980
07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Hopefully that's the case. If he makes the team and becomes a productive guy, that wouod be huge.

Rangers in 7
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Hopefully that's the case. If he makes the team and becomes a productive guy, that wouod be huge.

kid has all the tools to score 25-30 goals a year, MTL would kill themselves if that happens

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I like the sound of this move for sure. It would be funny if Slats pulled off another robbery of the Habs.

P.S. Why is it for me specifically? Did I miss something? :)

Rangers in 7
07-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I like the sound of this move for sure. It would be funny if Slats pulled off another robbery of the Habs.

P.S. Why is it for me specifically? Did I miss something? :)

we had a conversation about kristo in another thread a few days ago, it wasnt specifically for you but thought youd be interested after we talked about him

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
we had a conversation about kristo in another thread a few days ago, it wasnt specifically for you but thought youd be interested after we talked about him

Oh thanks. I'm interested in him for sure. The shout out made me think there was something specific I might have said. Kristo sounds like he could be a steal but sometimes we have to wait and see on these prospects.

IAmARanger18
07-11-2013, 02:52 AM
People worry to much sbout kids partying. He's 23 years old, in college, what do you expect? He's on an organization that will keep him im check and with 2 players he is very familiar with in Stepan and Kreider. I liked this kid a lot when the Habs drafted him and from the WJC. He keeps his act together, he can very well be a 20+ goal scorer.

bsi
07-11-2013, 10:57 AM
People worry to much sbout kids partying. He's 23 years old, in college, what do you expect? He's on an organization that will keep him im check and with 2 players he is very familiar with in Stepan and Kreider. I liked this kid a lot when the Habs drafted him and from the WJC. He keeps his act together, he can very well be a 20+ goal scorer.

Yes kids party, but if that's more their focus than being an NHL'er then it becomes a problem, and it's only exacerbated when they get a big chunk of money at 23 years old. I don't know much about how much of an issue it was for him all I know is that the Canadiens decided it was better to be without him, and they know him better than me so that makes me a bit nervous. Having said that it could be a non issue, but there are risks involved. With our roster sporting Hagelin and Zuccarello(presumably) I don't see much point keeping Thomas around though, he's a nice goal scorer but we'd be looking a little small up front with those three in the lineup.

Mr.Wiskers
07-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I thought it was a fair trade, Kristo is 2 yrs. older than Thomas. So right now it may seem like we have the better player, but Thomas 2 yrs. from now can develop some more and be better. You have to remember Ken Gernander plays the same defensive system Torts uses--- that could be what is keeping Thomas' #'s down. What really sets Kristo apart from Thomas is his speed( Kristo is only 2" taller than Thomas).
As far as McDonagh goes, I thought the reason he was put in the Gomez deal was because he didn't want to sign with Montreal and was going to go back into the draft.

NYSPORTS98
07-13-2013, 10:39 AM

Had to trade for the talent but let's not pretend this nothing to worry about in the NY playground.

Redfish
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Had to trade for the talent but let's not pretend this nothing to worry about in the NY playground.

The Rangers made a very good trade, worth the risk of bringing into Manhattan a highly talented forward who has to learn how to manage himself off the ice. The risk is worth it because of the leadership of Stepan and McDonagh who, as friends, will hold Kristo accountable, not to mention Ryan Callahan.

I would do this trade 10 out of 10 times, and never look back.