PDA

View Full Version : Of the free agents left, who can make the biggest difference and for who?

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Every year the big names get picked up early, but often times it is some of the older vets who sign a little later in the offseason that make the biggest difference.

Last season, Reggie Evans was a last minute signing and no teams really seemed interested in him, but he had perhaps the best rebounding season in the league. Chris Andersen didn't get picked up until past half way through the season and he was HUGE for Miami (they wouldn't have won without him and Ray Allen). We've seen this time and again. Guy like Ariza (via trade) or James Posey, ends up making a bigger difference than the big name free agents that switched teams.

So that said... of the guys who are left, who do you think will make the biggest impact and what team would they be best suited for?

I'm inclined to go with Billups in GSW or Miami... both of those teams could use a championship point guard coming off the bench, regardless of how old he is. Dalembert could be a huge pick up for Miami (Zaza and Przybilla could be huge for somebody too). And of course MWP. Nate Robinson could be a great spark off the bench for somebody too.

What do you guys think?

MrfadeawayJB
07-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Mike James

SugeKnight
07-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Bynum to the Cavs make them playoff contenders in the east

Aust
07-10-2013, 12:48 AM
I think Chauncey still has something left in the tank.

Bynum is another name that could have an impact somewhere.

Jarvo
07-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Monta Ellis :dance:

Jarvo
07-10-2013, 12:51 AM
But Bynum if he gets his head out his *** and grow the **** up.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Millsap is still there, no?

abe_froman
07-10-2013, 12:54 AM
its gotta be bynum,the season before last he put up 19/11 and decent defense think the lakers should kick the tires on bringing him back for the year..because,why not?

AI
07-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Millsap is still there, no?

He signed with the Hawks.

KnickaBocka.44
07-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Every year the big names get picked up early, but often times it is some of the older vets who sign a little later in the offseason that make the biggest difference.

Last season, Reggie Evans was a last minute signing and no teams really seemed interested in him, but he had perhaps the best rebounding season in the league. Chris Andersen didn't get picked up until past half way through the season and he was HUGE for Miami (they wouldn't have won without him and Ray Allen). We've seen this time and again. Guy like Ariza (via trade) or James Posey, ends up making a bigger difference than the big name free agents that switched teams.

So that said... of the guys who are left, who do you think will make the biggest impact and what team would they be best suited for?

I'm inclined to go with Billups in GSW or Miami... both of those teams could use a championship point guard coming off the bench, regardless of how old he is. Dalembert could be a huge pick up for Miami (Zaza and Przybilla could be huge for somebody too). And of course MWP. Nate Robinson could be a great spark off the bench for somebody too.

What do you guys think?

Zaza was signed by the Bucks 3 years/ 15 million.

shep33
07-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Outside of Bynum and Ellis, Nick Young is still out there, as is Aaron Brooks

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2013, 03:49 AM
I think Monta Ellis, if he's willing to be a super-sub, can have the biggest impact. He could easily be the sixth man of the year. Andrew Bynum has to actually play a reasonable amount of time before I'll give him any value. People can discount health all they want; it's still the biggest factor in the success of star's career.

Aust
07-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Lakers are bringing Odom, Farmar and Sasha back. Dynasty in the making guys :cool:

ThaDubs
07-10-2013, 04:14 AM
I'd like Chauncy but we already picked up Tony Douglas.

5ass
07-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Isn't Andre Kirilenko a FA?

kdspurman
07-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Isn't Andre Kirilenko a FA?

:sigh: Yea... Minny wasn't willing to do a S&T with us. I'm still hoping there's a chance, but reports are a deal won't get done.

eternal slumber
07-10-2013, 08:54 AM
would like my Rockets to get Corey Brewer. versatile, long, athletic, able to defend and shoot.

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
would like my Rockets to get Corey Brewer. versatile, long, athletic, able to defend and shoot.

They been rumored to want Corey Brewer for months. But I agree I think he would make a nice little bench addition. The Rockets have a little more cap room as well now that the salary cap came in a little higher than expected.

KNAN
07-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Jeff Teague is a good candidate...

GunFactor187
07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Mike James

Yes!

I think Chauncey still has something left in the tank.

Bynum is another name that could have an impact somewhere.

I see what you did there, lol. :p

Chronz
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
What about Dalembert

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
What about Dalembert

I don't want to see Miami win another title... but Miami would be a great fit for Dalembert. I'm not sure how much he's lookin' for or how much people are willing to pay, but he's a double-digit rebounder with starting minutes. You plug him into MIA's starting line up.... forgetaboutit.

He'd be a good fit for the Thunder to, but I think they need to spend their money on a shooting guard.

Hopper15
07-10-2013, 06:49 PM
If the Cavs got Bynum and could get 50 games out of him that would be my choice. But that's a lot of if's.

xxplayerxx23
07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Jeff Teague, Bynum,Ellis.

HowFit
07-10-2013, 07:17 PM
I think Monta Ellis, if he's willing to be a super-sub, can have the biggest impact. He could easily be the sixth man of the year. Andrew Bynum has to actually play a reasonable amount of time before I'll give him any value. People can discount health all they want; it's still the biggest factor in the success of star's career.

I agree with this...

HowFit
07-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Bynum would be big or nothing...