PDA

View Full Version : Nash: Dwight was unwilling/uninterested in pick and roll, and more

Pages : [1] 2

kblo247
07-09-2013, 10:53 PM
@DuranSports: Steve Nash "didnt think Dwight was comfortable here...wish him best and we move on"

@janiscarr: Nash: "He (Dwight) never quite felt comfortable ... and I don't think that was anybody's fault."

@LakersReporter: Here's @SteveNash on @DwightHoward (on @ESPNLA710): "Ultimately I think Dwight wasn't comfortable (in L.A.) and didn't want to be here."

@LakersReporter: Nash said a big part of the problem last season was that he, @paugasol and Howard weren't themselves - all season - due to injuries.

@LakersReporter: A consistent problem Nash mentioned all season/reiterated on @ESPNLA710 was Howard's being unwilling/uninterested in running pick and roll.

@janiscarr: Nash on D'Antoni: "I think he's a very bright coach. He's not w/o flaws, but none of us are."

@LakersReporter: Nash on D'Antoni: "I think he's a very bright coach we all should be judged by the fans, it's their team, and we have a lot to prove."

@janiscarr: Nash: "We cant blame Mike for everything."
Dang.

@janiscarr: Nash on Metta: "One of the coolest guys, nice people....this is a world class guy.
"It was a pleasure to play with him."

@janiscarr: Nash on waiving Metta "Its tough to lose a guy like that. ... You don't like to see a guy like that go." Called Metta "hard-nosed."

@LakersReporter: Nash said he plans on being "100%" healthy heading into next season. Was very disappointing for him that he couldn't get there last year.

You can hear the interview on the podcast of espn la too. Just thought it would give some light to Dwight's problems with the team and be taken at face value coming from Nash.

Likewise thought it was interesting how this correlates with what Shaq said about him being a euro big who couldn't post up. He tried hard and failed miserably, second most post ups of all centers

Aust
07-09-2013, 10:55 PM
If he didn't feel comfortable here then he made the right decision by leaving.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah Dwight wanted Brooklyn lets just hope he isn't un-happy in Houston and makes them mediocre on purpose.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 10:58 PM
If he didn't feel comfortable here then he made the right decision by leaving.

Yup. Move on.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Some of you people say he is the best center in the league. That's laughable. Nash is your point and you don't want to run the pick n roll? Houston, you have a problem!

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Yup. Move on.

Cant wait to see your posts mid way through the season when you see how overrated Dwight is..

Aust
07-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Cant wait to see your posts mid way through the season when you see how overrated Dwight is..

How overrated can the #1 center in the NBA be? I think he'll be a monster in Houston.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Dwight averaged 17/12/2 on a "bad" year. i think we'll be alright.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:04 PM
How overrated can the #1 center in the NBA be? I think he'll be a monster in Houston.

lol@ the number 1 center...

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:05 PM

Yea those are amazing numbers!!!!!

Aust
07-09-2013, 11:07 PM

For a bad year those are fantastic numbers. He is the #1 center in the NBA btw.

kblo247
07-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Some of you people say he is the best center in the league. That's laughable. Nash is your point and you don't want to run the pick n roll? Houston, you have a problem!

Only because Shaq teased him early in the year for not being able to post and needing pnr to score.

Score 2 for Shaq, got him to try and be what he wasnt, and then got him to leave town for new material

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Only because Shaq teased him early in the year for not being able to post and needing pnr to score.

Score 2 for Shaq, got him to try and be what he wasnt, and then got him to leave town for new material

Please explain your post to me and while your at it, explain to me why Shaq and Dwight are in the same sentence?

More-Than-Most
07-09-2013, 11:09 PM
How can you not be excited for the pick and Roll when you have Nash? Honestly. I do not understand Howard. I have been his biggest defender but damn that is silly. Him and Nash could have been special.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:10 PM
For a bad year those are fantastic numbers. He is the #1 center in the NBA btw.

He can be the number 1 center to you, not to me. Im a Lakers fan and I was saying it during the year when i saw absolutely NOTHING from him.... Hurt or not.

KobeOwnSU
07-09-2013, 11:11 PM
:yawn:

Aust
07-09-2013, 11:12 PM
He can be the number 1 center to you, not to me. Im a Lakers fan and I was saying it during the year when i saw absolutely NOTHING from him.... Hurt or not.

Who is your #1 center and where do you rank Dwight at C?

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:15 PM

not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic :confused: those are pretty damn good numbers. no players in the league came close to averaging that last year. and again, he averaged that on a supposed down year.

rockets-fan
07-09-2013, 11:15 PM
It's not like Nash played like Nash either, dude is old. And nickdymez it's your opinion that's cool, so who is the best center? I see it as,

1a. Howard
1b. Gasol

Trade off to me really, but a healthy non drama Dwight is clear cut number 1

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:18 PM
not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic :confused: those are pretty damn good numbers. no players in the league came close to averaging that last year. and again, he averaged that on a supposed down year.

what?

J4KOP99
07-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Enough is enough. We know Dwight wasn't happy. We know he wanted Phil. We know if he got Phil, he would have stayed. He did not get Phil. He is now in Houston.

Dwight is a dominant force on the defensive end and the rockets and their fans should be very excited to have him on their team.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:20 PM
what?

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:23 PM

All seriousness... He is an excellent rebounder and help side defender. He has no offensive game that would warrant him being the best center in the league.

AI
07-09-2013, 11:26 PM
According to a tweet from Hoopsworld.com's Bill Ingram, a rumor has bubbled to the surface that the Rockets are interested in trading for Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, but Dwight Howard has no interest in playing with the four-time All-Star.

Houston, we have liftoff. Let the Dwightmare commence.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Part of why I hate comparing Dwight to past centers is because of the era we play in now. You can't just give the ball to Dwight and expect him to dominate like you did with Shaq. Different era, it's much tougher to rebound now than it was when centers played back then. Dwight has to do this pick and roll nonsense and can't camp out on the paint 24/7.

ArmLaker
If he had a consistent offensive game and wasn't a headcase then I wouldn't have any problems ranking him number 1. And since the aforementioned isn't true in any way, like nickdymez said, Houston you really do have a problem.

FOBolous
Houston, we have liftoff. Let the Dwightmare commence.

i agreed with Dwight on this one. wth are the Rockets trying to trade for Rondo? dude has a terrible attitude. worse in the league. and he can't shoot the 3 for crap so he'll be a bad fit for the team. and if you thought Lin and Harden had trouble adjusting to each other, Rondo and Harden will DEFINITELY have trouble adjusting to each other cause both of them need the ball to succeed. i think this "rumor" is unsubstantiated and made up by this Bill Ingram. Trading for Rondo is just a terrible idea all around.

plus the Rockets should really be focusing on trying to get a starting PF. a stretch 4 preferably.

I Rock Shaqs
07-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah that's cool Nash, I wish all these butthurt Laker players would stop talking about him already, move on.

thomass
07-09-2013, 11:33 PM
so you signed a self-centered, whinny little ***** to try to win a championship? hope you get satisfaction out of winning (if you do win)

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:34 PM
-delete-

UPRock
07-09-2013, 11:35 PM
All seriousness... He is an excellent rebounder and help side defender. He has no offensive game that would warrant him being the best center in the league.

You were one of the peoples here rocking signatures of him at the beginning of the season, and now all of a sudden he's not the best center in the league and a piece of ****, you are a hypocrite.

thomass
i agreed with Dwight on this one. wth are the Rockets trying to trade for Rondo? dude has a terrible attitude. worse in the league. and he can't shoot the 3 for crap so he'll be a bad fit for the team. and if you thought Lin and Harden had trouble adjusting to each other, Rondo and Harden will DEFINITELY have trouble adjusting to each other cause both of them need the ball to succeed. i think this "rumor" is unsubstantiated and made up by this Bill Ingram. Trading for Rondo is just a terrible idea all around.

plus the Rockets should really be focusing on trying to get a starting PF. a stretch 4 preferably.

so why the **** did u just sign Dwight?

marj987
Dwight moved on, now can we ALL move on from this? Can we please stop talking bout Dwight Howard?

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:36 PM
see all the butt hurt Lakers fan in the thread trying to bait? :pity: prove that Houston fans are NOT the ones responsible for the back and forth in the forum recently.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 11:37 PM
see all the butt hurt Lakers fan in the thread trying to bait? :pity: prove that Houston fans are NOT the ones responsible for the back and forth in the forum recently.

If it means anything, I think you're a good poster all this back and forth bickering aside.

shep33
He's quit on us. Whatever, we'll rebound sooner or later

Jarvo
With every story coming out it sounds more and more everday Lakers of old and new and some fans sound bitter as ****, Get over it and let's move on. It's almost like Lebron all over it.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:39 PM
If it means anything, I think you're a good poster all this back and forth bickering aside.

awww thank you :love:

:p

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 11:40 PM
He's quit on us. Whatever, we'll rebound sooner or later

What part of

1) He wasn't 100%.
2) He didn't like the system on the team.
3) D'Antoni didn't put him in a position to succeed.
4) Steve Nash and Gasol were injured through the entire season.

Dwight didn't get a fair shake. He didn't even want to be a Lakers. He was fighting through his injuries just to make the playoffs as well. If you want to talk about quitting, why have I not heard anything about Rose?

LAKERS 24/7
07-09-2013, 11:41 PM
You were one of the peoples here rocking signatures of him at the beginning of the season, and now all of a sudden he's not the best center in the league and a piece of ****, you are a hypocrite.

He's just acting irrationally to the Dwight trade, or maybe he's just stupid, I'm not sure. What I am sure of, is that he's giving Laker fans a bad name. For all of his flaws, and he has plenty, he is, without a doubt, the best center in the league. The most skilled? No. But regardless of his technique, he gets the job done. And that is why the lakers would have loved to keep him. We will move on and the Lakers will be fine, but Dwight and the Lakers were not a good fit. Despite his defensive and athletic prowess, Houston fans will get sick of his BS, that is guaranteed.

thomass
07-09-2013, 11:42 PM
What part of

1) He wasn't 100%.

Dwight didn't get a fair shake. He didn't even want to be a Lakers. He was fighting through his injuries just to make the playoffs as well. If you want to talk about quitting, why have I not heard anything about Rose?

um where were u during the playoffs?

Mr_Jones
07-09-2013, 11:44 PM

stop

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:45 PM

I changed my signature before the all star break bandwagon Heat fan.....

ArmLaker
What part of

1) He wasn't 100%.

1.) True and I applaud his effort to at least give us the allusion of playing hard every night
2.) I don't like my current job or the situation I'm in but I don't go hide under a rock. If I'm in the playoffs and the season is progressing on whether I like it or not, I'm aiming for a title as best as I could. That time will fly by regardless of wth you do or think. Then I'll decide where I wanna be from there on out.
3.) D'Antoni's system is flawed, yes I know I watch the Lakers :D. But what the hell does that have to do with Howard not boxing out and dunking? Is D'Antoni supposed to box out and dunk for him. It's his limited offensive abilities(2nd most touches int he post btw) and lackluster effort that got him here.
4.) Nash+Gasol were a big loss and if they were healthy and in rythym then we're looking at a 55+ win season.

nickdymez
stop

shut up

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:46 PM
He's just acting irrationally to the Dwight trade, or maybe he's just stupid, I'm not sure. What I am sure of, is that he's giving Laker fans a bad name. For all of his flaws, and he has plenty, he is, without a doubt, the best center in the league. The most skilled? No. But regardless of his technique, he gets the job done. And that is why the lakers would have loved to keep him. We will move on and the Lakers will be fine, but Dwight and the Lakers were not a good fit. Despite his defensive and athletic prowess, Houston fans will get sick of his BS, that is guaranteed.

Houston has a group of tight knit, good natured, laid back players who likes to goof off. I'm hoping Dwight will fit right in and the overall good nature-ness of Houston's players will keep Dwightmare v3.0 from happening.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:49 PM

lmfao.. What?? Im giving Lakers fans a bad name by saying what i feel about Dwight? Ok.. You seem like one of the people on PSD that suck dick to be respected around here.. I keep **** real bro. I never liked Dwight. Dont lump me in with other Lakers fans... I told the guy how i feel. Dwight is a tremendous rebounder. Dwight plays excellent help side D. He has below average offensive skills. He's a baby. He thinks he is better than he really is. WTF is wrong with you? I should lie to "give lakers fans a good name"? **** outta here. I tell the truth to give lakers fans a good name. Stop being a sissy and tell the truth.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Houston has a group of tight knit, good natured, laid back players who likes to goof off. I'm hoping Dwight will fit right in and the overall good nature-ness of Houston's players will keep Dwightmare v3.0 from happening.

Thats the formula to never win a championship bro...

bucketss
07-09-2013, 11:51 PM

lol @ you calling it laughable, who the hell is so much better than dwight to the point you would start laughing if someone said dwight was better,

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 11:51 PM
1.) True and I applaud his effort to at least give us the allusion of playing hard every night
2.) I don't like my current job or the situation I'm in but I don't go hide under a rock. If I'm in the playoffs and the season is progressing on whether I like it or not, I'm aiming for a title as best as I could. That time will fly by regardless of wth you do or think. Then I'll decide where I wanna be from there on out.
3.) D'Antoni's system is flawed, yes I know I watch the Lakers :D. But what the hell does that have to do with Howard not boxing out and dunking? Is D'Antoni supposed to box out and dunk for him. It's his limited offensive abilities(2nd most touches int he post btw) and lackluster effort that got him here.
4.) Nash+Gasol were a big loss and if they were healthy and in rythym then we're looking at a 55+ win season.

Well, at least you can appreciate something about Howard. #3 falls into #1 but Mike D'Antoni is the one to blame. He gives the ball to Kobe and then leaves it at that.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm not agreeing with his methods, but I can't say he's wrong at all.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:52 PM
lmfao.. What?? Im giving Lakers fans a bad name by saying what i feel about Dwight? Ok.. You seem like one of the people on PSD that suck dick to be respected around here.. I keep **** real bro. I never liked Dwight. Dont lump me in with other Lakers fans... I told the guy how i feel. Dwight is a tremendous rebounder. Dwight plays excellent help side D. He has below average offensive skills. He's a baby. He thinks he is better than he really is. WTF is wrong with you? I should lie to "give lakers fans a good name"? **** outta here. I tell the truth to give lakers fans a good name. Stop being a sissy and tell the truth.

http://www.troll.me/images/asdasdasdasdasdasd/watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

kblo247
07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
I agree he should fit personality wise with them. Not sure on the floor because I want to see who the 4 is. But he definitely fits personality wise more with a younger crew where he is the elder statesmen of the group and will be given Captain stripes from day one.

nickdymez
lol @ you calling it laughable, who the hell is so much better than dwight to the point you would start laughing if someone said dwight was better,

No one is that much better than Dwight, but there are much more complete centers than Dwight.

OceanSpray
Thats the formula to never win a championship bro...

You're right, they should be angry and not have any fun. Miami is that exact team that FOB stated, yet they won. Why? Because camaraderie brings out the best of us.

nickdymez
07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/asdasdasdasdasdasd/watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Yea, stick to your memes and other nerd ****.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Yea, stick to your memes and other nerd ****.

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/u-mad-bro-meme.jpg

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Well, at least you can appreciate something about Howard. #3 falls into #1 but Mike D'Antoni is the one to blame. He gives the ball to Kobe and then leaves it at that.

As Shaq previously stated, he wasn't a triangle player before Jackson came in but once he gave it a shot, the rest is history. Dwight is not pick and roll but unlike other greats, he refused to adapt and give effort to even see how it'll end up or if he might actually change his mind and like the situation. You get me? All I know is as a supposed "superstar" you have to alter the game a bit to your liking but also to benefit the team. If you have the 2nd most post touches but lack the skills and will to score, pass, box out and dunk on the defenders, how is that D'Antoni's fault? In this particular case especially. You could be my coach for all I care and I'll hate your guts but when I'm on the floor and near the post and the ball is in my hands, I'm not going to blame you for my incompetence offensively. He had the 2nd most post touches in the NBA for crying out loud. How was the offense solely around Kobe is what I would like to be explained to me

kblo247
07-09-2013, 11:56 PM

If you listen to Nash, he said it was agreed they gave it to Kobe and put him on the ball because they werent playing pick and roll and Dwight wanted to post up. Kobe started year off the ball and shot over 48% from the field and was averaging 4 assists. They gave into the one ISO guy the team had to create.

In retrospect it was still stupid I agree, I've never heard of Kobe Ball being the preference over Pau posting or Nash playing pnr, and I don't even know how they all collectively said **** it we are doing it. But if he didnt want to pick and roll with Nash and he didnt want to play as a flasher off Pau in the post, it becomes Kobe Ball.

I will say it shall be interesting to see how Nash and Pau play next year don't you agree if they get to be more comfortable?

LakersMaster24
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
How can you not be excited for the pick and Roll when you have Nash? Honestly. I do not understand Howard. I have been his biggest defender but damn that is silly. Him and Nash could have been special.

This.

Everything set aside, how do you say no to running pick and roll with STEVE NASH?

Enemey
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Im glad the Lakers didn't give in to Dwight's demand of firing the Coach like Orlando. He was going to leave no matter what.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:01 AM
As Shaq previously stated, he wasn't a triangle player before Jackson came in but once he gave it a shot, the rest is history. Dwight is not pick and roll but unlike other greats, he refused to adapt and give effort to even see how it'll end up or if he might actually change his mind and like the situation. You get me? All I know is as a supposed "superstar" you have to alter the game a bit to your liking but also to benefit the team. If you have the 2nd most post touches but lack the skills and will to score, pass, box out and dunk on the defenders, how is that D'Antoni's fault? In this particular case especially. You could be my coach for all I care and I'll hate your guts but when I'm on the floor and near the post and the ball is in my hands, I'm not going to blame you for my incompetence offensively. He had the 2nd most post touches in the NBA for crying out loud. How was the offense solely around Kobe is what I would like to be explained to me

This post sums it up. Dwight had the opportunity to do something special, but his ego wouldn't let him. I was done with him when he showed the Lakers locker room his box score. i was done when I saw all the injuries and realized that Kobe was the only "superstar" that seemed like he still wanted to win and be special (Nash and Gasol were hurt). I saw Howards demeanor out there. I saw him get stripped pretty much every time he touched the ball in the post. To the point where his laburnum got torn. Call me "butthurt" all you want. I am butthurt, Im a lakers fan and still cant get over the fact that a player wouldn't give his all to try and win a chip. A superstar player at that. so Houston fans, Im glad he is gone. No one in southern cali really cared. I don't really even think the Lakers cared that much.

AI
07-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Im glad the Lakers didn't give in to Dwight's demand of firing the Coach like Orlando. He was going to leave no matter what.

You shouldn't be glad that D'Antoni is still your coach.

UPRock
07-10-2013, 12:04 AM

LMAO you're one lying beach, I remember you trolling when the Lakers got him saying that nobody stand a chance and now look at you, still trolling like we can see BUT lying the **** out. You're a joke and even Lakers fans agree so I'm not that surprised.

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 12:05 AM
This post sums it up. Dwight had the opportunity to do something special, but his ego wouldn't let him. I was done with him when he showed the Lakers locker room his box score. i was done when I saw all the injuries and realized that Kobe was the only "superstar" that seemed like he still wanted to win and be special (Nash and Gasol were hurt). I saw Howards demeanor out there. I saw him get stripped pretty much every time he touched the ball in the post. To the point where his laburnum got torn. Call me "butthurt" all you want. I am butthurt, Im a lakers fan and still cant get over the fact that a player wouldn't give his all to try and win a chip. A superstar player at that. so Houston fans, Im glad he is gone. No one in southern cali really cared. I don't really even think the Lakers cared that much.

are you suuuure bout that? :eyebrow: you seem to care a lot.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Some of you want Dwight to dominate like Shaq, then some of you want him to play the damn pick and roll. Stop making excuses! You can't have it both ways, god damnit. You guys have a billion excuses as to why you don't like Howard but I'm pretty sure 90% of you were going bananas when the news came up that Howard was going to Houston. And don't even deny that, you fans are behaving just like Cleveland fans. Never happy with what you have and constantly crying. LAL have some of the greatest players of all time, stop crying. You guys had and will continue to have your fair share of superstars. LAL can't have them all and soon Miami fans will all be irate next year, stop CRYING.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:07 AM
LMAO you're one lying beach, I remember you trolling when the Lakers got him saying that nobody stand a chance and now look at you, still trolling like we can see BUT lying the **** out. You're a joke and even Lakers fans agree so I'm not that surprised.

I did say that no one stood a chance. We had a good TEAM. I thought Dwight made our TEAM better. Now shut up and go to sleep

Jenceman
07-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Some of you want Dwight to dominate like Shaq, then some of you want him to play the damn pick and roll. Stop making excuses! You can't have it both ways, god damnit. You guys have a billion excuses as to why you don't like Howard but I'm pretty sure 90% of you were going bananas when the news came up that Howard was going to Houston. And don't even deny that, you fans are behaving just like Cleveland fans. Never happy with what you have and constantly crying. LAL have some of the greatest players of all time, stop crying. You guys had and will continue to have your fair share of superstars. LAL can't have them all and soon Miami fans will all be irate next year, stop CRYING.

Nobody here is crying. And what's wrong with playing the pick and roll? It's the only way for Dwight to be effective on offense, yet he didn't want to do it. That **** is on him.

kblo247
07-10-2013, 12:08 AM
There's a good portion of fans who have never liked Kobe, Shaq, and/or Phil. Hell the owner didnt like Phil. They like winning though. You didnt have to like Dwight to believe that he could help the team win. At the end of the day when it comes to be remmbered as a Lakers its what he was judged by, not talent, not personality alone as Van Exel had more talent and swagger than Fisher, same with Rice and Eddie over Fox, but you would be hard pressed when you start mentioning respected, not liked, but respected Lakers names like Fisher, Cooper, and Scott going unmentioned as more worthy in Ice Cubes own words "of going up on that god damn wall" than Dwight

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:10 AM
are you suuuure bout that? :eyebrow: you seem to care a lot.

Im dead serious. More people were upset about Metta being amnestied..

Mr_Jones
07-10-2013, 12:13 AM
shut up

!!!

Well, you just sound like one of the Laker fans that all of a sudden changed their opinion about Dwight after he left. First he was the best C in the league and now he's all of a sudden not.

He's still arguably the best, though Marc makes it difficult to choose.

I'm a Lakers fan but the whole change of opinion in some posters is just downright silly. I really didnt like Dwight to begin with, and when he was in LA I tried my best to like him, but I just couldnt. I cant defend his actions or his lack of true work ethic. But just cause he left doesnt mean hes all of a sudden this terrible player.

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 12:16 AM
!!!

Well, you just sound like one of the Laker fans that all of a sudden changed their opinion about Dwight after he left. First he was the best C in the league and now he's all of a sudden not.

I'm a Lakers fan but the whole change of opinion in some posters is just downright silly. I really didnt like Dwight to begin with, and when he was in LA I tried my best to like him, but I just couldnt. I cant defend his actions or his lack of true work ethic. But just cause he left doesnt mean hes all of a sudden this terrible player.

I think the point is he was portrayed as this franchise-changing superstar to us and to himself. When you fail to meet expectation in LA and decide to bolt instead of gaining respect and a better chance to win, you will leave a lotta bad taste in peoples' mouths. As Shep said, he quit on us during the playoffs and in no way shape or form are we going to take that lightly. As I've said earlier, let these other fans put themselves in our shoes for a moment, what would they think about Dwight.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Dwight is the best center in the league whether anyone likes it or not. Nobody is saying he will maintain that position as he ages, but right now he is the best.

Dwight left its over. No big deal. The whole idea of having to CONVINCE someone to stay is sad to me. I rather have someone walk than convince them to stay, because in the future they will always look back and say "What if I didn't stay here, what if I didn't fall for their words?" etc.

We are the Lakers. We will bounce back from this.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Nobody here is crying. And what's wrong with playing the pick and roll? It's the only way for Dwight to be effective on offense, yet he didn't want to do it. That **** is on him.

LAL fans are crying, I can see the tears. Oh yeah, lets blame Dwight for not playing the pick and roll. It had nothing to do with Pau and Nash being injured most of the season. Nothing to do with them signing D'Antoni. Nothing to do with how D'Antoni tries to run the same offense he did in Phoenix. Yup, it's all Dwight Howard's fault. This year, you guys will be exposed even further. With Howard gone, who will you guys blame next? Oh yeah, let's blame Chris Kaman. He seems like an easy victim.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:19 AM
!!!

Ok again... When he first was signed, I was excited because the team on paper was sick. Then injuries disappointed me, then I saw all the flaws in Dwight's game. By the middle of the season i was on PSD ready to trade Dwight. Look it. But anyway, think what you want.

Mr_Jones
07-10-2013, 12:19 AM
I think the point is he was portrayed as this franchise-changing superstar to us and to himself. When you fail to meet expectation in LA and decide to bolt instead of gaining respect and a better chance to win, you will leave a lotta bad taste in peoples' mouths. As Shep said, he quit on us during the playoffs and in no way shape or form are we going to take that lightly. As I've said earlier, let these other fans put themselves in our shoes for a moment, what would they think about Dwight.

Well, absolutely. I don't condone his decisions and it's made me think even less of him. I thought he was going to do well when he was initially traded here, but he couldn't handle the media scrutiny that you go through if youre a centerpiece in LA. Which is why I was cool with him leaving. Its a bummer that he proved me right and it turns out that he really actually wasnt tough enough to handle it.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Dwight is the best center in the league whether anyone likes it or not. Nobody is saying he will maintain that position as he ages, but right now he is the best.

Dwight left its over. No big deal. The whole idea of having to CONVINCE someone to stay is sad to me. I rather have someone walk than convince them to stay, because in the future they will always look back and say "What if I didn't stay here, what if I didn't fall for their words?" etc.

best center even with no offensive game and terrible ft shooting?

Mr_Jones
07-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Ok again... When he first was signed, I was excited because the team on paper was sick. Then injuries disappointed me, then I saw all the flaws in Dwight's game. By the middle of the season i was on PSD ready to trade Dwight. Look it. But anyway, think what you want.

I agree. It's just HOW you presented your position. I, too, was one of the people that wanted to think about maybe getting rid of him but thought we might as well try it out with him. HOW you presented it was why I said stop, as most people would assume you're baiting.. Which would start a fight.. Which basically happens no matter what nowadays.

Mr_Jones
07-10-2013, 12:22 AM

That's what keeps me thinking about rather having Marc and Hibbert as the best.

Enemey
07-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Dwight Howard was a huge dissapointment last year. Bynums offense is better then Howards. He couldnt even dominate a 37 year old Time Duncan and this is the best Center in the League?

5ass
07-10-2013, 12:23 AM
" we all should be judged by the fans, it's their team, and we have a lot to prove."

Loved this one.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:25 AM

No offensive game and terrible FT shooting? Since when was FT shooting a requirement? Granted, Howard's offensive game isn't great but it's not horrible. He can still put up 20 on a given night, name one center who can put up 20 on a given night? Not a handful. Three of the greatest centers ever were horrific foul shooters. Wilt, Shaq, Russell. What's your issue with Howard? If Kaman left LAL, would you be this upset?

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:25 AM
I agree. It's just HOW you presented your position. I, too, was one of the people that wanted to think about maybe getting rid of him but thought we might as well try it out with him. HOW you presented it was why I said stop, as most people would assume you're baiting.. Which would start a fight.. Which basically happens no matter what nowadays.

No baiting at all.. I just say how I feel about it. Its text so people read it how they ASSUME I would say. But no one here knows me. Thats why I get banned every other week. But its all good. I was in shock at how bad Dwight was on offense. I was also in shock at how terrible his attitude is. I wanted us to trade him for hibbert and george mid season, look up my post.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:27 AM

Yes, BUT. The gap between Dwight and the rest of the top centers is a lot smaller now. It used to be not even close but now its pretty darn close. For now, Dwight still holds his ground as the best center due to his athleticism, size and other physical abilities. His defensive presence, rebounding etc definitely benefit.

However, I can easily see him losing tat #1 title in the next 2 years or so.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Dwight Howard was a huge dissapointment last year. Bynums offense is better then Howards. He couldnt even dominate a 37 year old Time Duncan and this is the best Center in the League?

Dwight Howard wasn't even 100% last year. He couldn't even dominate a 37 year old Tim Duncan? Buddy, who the hell in the league DOMINATED Duncan? No one. Tim Duncan is the greatest PF of all time, just because he's 37 doesn't mean he can't play. Bynum's offense WAS better than Howard's. We don't even know what Bynum has been up to these days. Bowling, perhaps?

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:29 AM
No offensive game and terrible FT shooting? Since when was FT shooting a requirement? Granted, Howard's offensive game isn't great but it's not horrible. He can still put up 20 on a given night, name one center who can put up 20 on a given night? Not a handful. Three of the greatest centers ever were horrific foul shooters. Wilt, Shaq, Russell. What's your issue with Howard? If Kaman left LAL, would you be this upset?

Shaq was averaging 36 points in the finals. Can Dwight do that? Has anyone ever seen Dwight dominate?

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Shaq was averaging 36 points in the finals. Can Dwight do that? Has anyone ever seen Dwight dominate?

Don't even compare Dwight to Shaq.

Shaq was as physically dominant as Dwight, however he had an incredibly soft touch around the basket and had a post game that no one could stop due to his sheer power and speed.

OceanSpray
No baiting at all.. I just say how I feel about it. Its text so people read it how they ASSUME I would say. But no one here knows me. Thats why I get banned every other week. But its all good. I was in shock at how bad Dwight was on offense. I was also in shock at how terrible his attitude is. I wanted us to trade him for hibbert and george mid season, look up my post.

For someone who doesn't care, you sure are angry. It was already stated that in grabbing Howard, LAL was taking a huge risk. It's your management's fault. You want, you want. Howard didn't want LAL, you guys wanted him. Don't complain when you guys were warned before the trade even occurred. Seeing as how you mentioned you get banned every other week, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that you portray yourself as a troll with your seemingly, nonsensical posts.

Aust
If Kaman left LAL, would you be this upset?

No, Kaman isn't expected to be the future, Dwight was.

Yeah, I want players who want to play for my team.

nickdymez
Yes, BUT. The gap between Dwight and the rest of the top centers is a lot smaller now. It used to be not even close but now its pretty darn close. For now, Dwight still holds his ground as the best center due to his athleticism, size and other physical abilities. His defensive presence, rebounding etc definitely benefit.

However, I can easily see him losing tat #1 title in the next 2 years or so.

I always said that a healthy Bynum is better than a healthy Dwight. And i still believe that. Even more now.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:32 AM

There you go again. You compare Shaq to Dwight. How do you even compare anyone to Shaq? He is and will always be the most dominating player of ALL time. Only Wilt can compare and even then, I don't think it's fair because Shaq would've eaten that era like an all night buffet. Also, the league is much different than back then. How come Marc Gasol/Hibbert/Noah don't dominate like Shaq? Okay, so there goes your pointless comparison.

nickdymez
For someone who doesn't care, you sure are angry. It was already stated that in grabbing Howard, LAL was taking a huge risk. It's your management's fault. You want, you want. Howard didn't want LAL, you guys wanted him. Don't complain when you guys were warned before the trade even occurred. Seeing as how you mentioned you get banned every other week, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that you portray yourself as a troll with your seemingly, nonsensical posts.

How am I angry? Does the way I post upset you? Does it make you defensive? Cuz im not angry at all. Im just saying the things that i've been saying since February..

bucketss

how is someone able to average 20 pts a game, with no offensive game?:facepalm:

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
There you go again. You compare Shaq to Dwight. How do you even compare anyone to Shaq? He is and will always be the most dominating player of ALL time. Only Wilt can compare and even then, I don't think it's fair because Shaq would've eaten that era like an all night buffet. Also, the league is much different than back then. How come Marc Gasol/Hibbert/Noah don't dominate like Shaq? Okay, so there goes your pointless comparison.

I didnt compare ****. I was responding to a post YOU made when YOU mentioned shaq.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
I always said that a healthy Bynum is better than a healthy Dwight. And i still believe that. Even more now.

If Bynum didn't have knee problems he would be by far better than Dwight, and I don't think anyone can disagree. Even on one leg, busted knees, Bynum was in the race for the #1 center title last year in his first semi-healthy year. You know why? Because he knew how to use his size and had a true back to the basket game.

If Drew was healthy and never had those freak knee injuries, we wouldn't even have to think about trading for Dwight.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:34 AM
I didnt compare ****. I was responding to a post YOU made when YOU mentioned shaq.

Don't fall for his baiting. Not worth it.

nickdymez

lol. Example of someone who never played basketball......

shep33
What part of

1) He wasn't 100%.

He quit during games. He quit in the playoffs.

Shaq said it best. It's not about the coach, you have to adapt and make it work.

Dwight got the 2nd most post touches in the NBA behind Jefferson I believe. He turned it over half the time or got sent to the line where he was terrible. Even Steve Nash said Dwight never truly bought into what they were doing on offense. Dwight made Amare and ****** Gortat into great P&R players. I don't get what system people were wanting him to play? Throw it down into the block?

At times he'd set soft screens at the beginning of the year, then when we started winning he'd set harder ones. Depended on how he felt.

He's a quitter. Pain and simple. He didn't want to be here, and he quit.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:35 AM

Oh come on, don't tell me you think Dwight is a great offensive player. Be serious now. Sure he can score here and there, but I can't trust his offense enough to give him the ball in the last 2 minutes of a close game and say go score 6-8 points for us in a row.

lakerboy
100% or not, I have seen Dwight Howard really not try on the court. It was freaking depressing. Even the commentators were saying it on TV all the time. I hope Houston never has to experience this.

All in all, I think when both healthy Dwight is slightly better than Andrew Bynum. Andrew is a freaking beast offensively.

OceanSpray
How am I angry? Does the way I post upset you? Does it make you defensive? Cuz im not angry at all. Im just saying the things that i've been saying since February..

No, you're just ranting because you expected Howard to give LAL another chance and he didn't. If Howard resigned, you would be praising how LAL would recover with a healthy Kobe/Nash/Gasol/Howard. Instead, you do what you do best and fixate yourself on finding excuses as to why Howard ultimately left LAL. Cleveland fans did the exact same thing. They knew LeBron was the best player but they made excuses and downgraded him out of anger. Don't be fooled, we all know you were emotionally damaged when Howard declared H-Town his next team.

Bruno
07-10-2013, 12:36 AM
there was an article before last season stating how Howard was the most effective pick and roll big man, and how Nash was the number one pick and roll point guard. it's a shame that he wasn't willing, LAL would have been more difficult to guard.

that's exactly what it should have been, with Gasol on the box. but it became about ego rather than efficiency and production.

dwight probably also felt insecure about his ability to set screens because of his health; he was a slow and mediocre screen setter all season because of his health.

bucketss
07-10-2013, 12:37 AM
lol. Example of someone who never played basketball......

i think you meant to say, dwight doesn't look cool when he scores so he has no offensive game.

nickdymez
No, you're just ranting because you expected Howard to give LAL another chance and he didn't. If Howard resigned, you would be praising how LAL would recover with a healthy Kobe/Nash/Gasol/Howard. Instead, you do what you do best and fixate yourself on finding excuses as to why Howard ultimately left LAL. Cleveland fans did the exact same thing. They knew LeBron was the best player but they made excuses and downgraded him out of anger. Don't be fooled, we all know you were emotionally damaged when Howard declared H-Town his next team.

This post is why i cant talk to Heat/Cleveland fans.

Enemey
Dwight Howard wasn't even 100% last year. He couldn't even dominate a 37 year old Tim Duncan? Buddy, who the hell in the league DOMINATED Duncan? No one. Tim Duncan is the greatest PF of all time, just because he's 37 doesn't mean he can't play. Bynum's offense WAS better than Howard's. We don't even know what Bynum has been up to these days. Bowling, perhaps?

Hey buddy, Dwights the best center he can't be playing average against a washed up Tim Duncan. Back in 2009 Pau Gasol outplayed Dwight in the finals and Howard is still the same player he was.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:38 AM
i think you meant to say, dwight doesn't look cool when he scores so he has no offensive game.

No, he gets stripped when he gets the ball, cant shoot, has no post moves so he has no offensive game. Heat fan...

LakersMaster24
there was an article before last season stating how Howard was the most effective pick and roll big man, and how Nash was the number one pick and roll point guard. it's a shame that he wasn't willing, LAL would have been more difficult to guard.

that's exactly what it should have been, with Gasol on the box. but it became about ego rather than efficiency and production.

dwight probably also felt insecure about his ability to set screens because of his health.

Bruno is here.

Game over for everyone else :laugh2:

OceanSpray

Shaq said it best. It's not about the coach, you have to adapt and make it work.

Dwight got the 2nd most post touches in the NBA behind Jefferson I believe. He turned it over half the time or got sent to the line where he was terrible. Even Steve Nash said Dwight never truly bought into what they were doing on offense. Dwight made Amare and ****** Gortat into great P&R players. I don't get what system people were wanting him to play? Throw it down into the block?

At times he'd set soft screens at the beginning of the year, then when we started winning he'd set harder ones. Depended on how he felt.

You listen to Shaq? Oh Lord. Dwight did quit, game 4 against Spurs when the game was already out of hand. You know who quit on LAL? Kobe quit on them too, remember he publicly asked for a trade to LAC or Detroit? Stop making a huge deal for no reason. Dwight made Gortat/Amare pick and roll players? In making these accusations up, you wrongfully typed Dwight. It's not all about Dwight, LAL screwed up the moment they hired D'Antoni. Everyone knew that, and when it happened, you just need an excuse. Next year, you guys will struggle to make the playoffs and boy, I would love to see who gets the judgement's doom.

Krizzle88
Nash played like 10 games last season shut up and get over it jeez

Aust
07-10-2013, 12:39 AM

Well, he wanted to be in Houston, so I don't see him quitting there.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 12:40 AM
You listen to Shaq? Oh Lord. Dwight did quit, game 4 against Spurs when the game was already out of hand. You know who quit on LAL? Kobe quit on them too, remember he publicly asked for a trade to LAC or Detroit? Stop making a huge deal for no reason. Dwight made Gortat/Amare pick and roll players? In making these accusations up, you wrongfully typed Dwight. It's not all about Dwight, LAL screwed up the moment they hired D'Antoni. Everyone knew that, and when it happened, you just need an excuse. Next year, you guys will struggle to make the playoffs and boy, I would love to see who gets the judgement's doom.

Oh lord, Kobe quit 10 years ago....

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:40 AM
You people just haven't watched enough Lakers games this season. We know what we are talking about. We were all super excited about Dwight, but we just didn't see the effort or desire to compete from him. Its not just injuries, its all about his head. He chose not to try his best, and it was his choice. He left. Adieu!

DoubleDragon
07-10-2013, 12:42 AM

It's crazy. Why have Nash (one of the best EVER in the pick n roll) on your team and have a big NOT want to run the pick n roll? Defeats the purpose. Oh well, onwards and upwards to a new day.

Bruno
07-10-2013, 12:43 AM

asking to be traded in the off-season isn't quitting on your team. its setting a fire under your management's *** so they know you're serious; it creates pressure on them to meet your demands. it is giving them the opportunity to get it together before they get left for nothing. qutting on your team is giving up in the post-season and then leaving the team in the off season for nothing and no assets.

dont forget that kobe resigned with the lakers long term in 2007 before Pau was even traded for. and he had already sacrificed his prime years of 26-28 with scrub players the three years leading up to that junction. he was patient and stayed the course, he certainly didn't quit.

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:44 AM

My bad on the spelling error, but you know what I meant.

Kobe at least redeemed himself.

D'antoni was a horrible hire. But Dwight never gave 100% every night, and he never bought into being a Laker. Which is fine. Wish him luck in Houston. Although he quit.

I love how if this were any other franchise people would be calling Dwight out. But since its the Lakers, Dwight somehow gets sympathy, despite all the reports of him causing chemistry issues and not giving full effort all the time.

LakersMaster24
It's crazy. Why have Nash (one of the best EVER in the pick n roll) on your team and have a big NOT want to run the pick n roll? Defeats the purpose. Oh well, onwards and upwards to a new day.

Before the Lakers traded for Dwight, they did a lot of study and research and found out that Dwight is actually most effective in the pick and roll due to his ability to set great screens and his ability to dive to the basket. He just refused to believe in that, and it was obvious.

Dwight would set a lazy screen, and then jog towards the basket instead of going hard getting the pass from Nash and dunking that ****.

bucketss
No, he gets stripped when he gets the ball, cant shoot, has no post moves so he has no offensive game. Heat fan...

but still scores 20 a game despite all that, i wonder if he rewarded free points or something:laugh:

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Hey buddy, Dwights the best center he can't be playing average against a washed up Tim Duncan. Back in 2009 Pau Gasol outplayed Dwight in the finals and Howard is still the same player he was.

Who outplayed Tim Duncan? Not Marc Gasol, not Zach Randolph, not Andrew Bogut, not Chris Bosh, not Dwight Howard. See what I'm getting at? No one in the league stopped Duncan at that position. Go find someone else to blame, it wasn't only Dwight struggling. Nash/Pau weren't even doing their part in the regular season. Remember when you guys wanted to trade Pau Gasol too? Lmao, now all of a sudden you guys praise him? LAL is one funny team. When Howard came, fans self proclaimed LAL as the champions. Even Kobe kept bugging Russ/Harden/Durant during the Olympics that they were going to the NBA finals. Then when you guys lose, you act like you saw it coming all along. Haha, I'm done. It's truly ridiculous how low you guys scoop. Just wait till next year, like everyone else is doing and not complaining while doing so.

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, he wanted to be in Houston, so I don't see him quitting there.

See I think he'll be great in Houston. Dwight is nuts, he's so fragile, and if he doesn't get exactly what he wants, he quits.

People seem to forget his last season in Orlando. Clearly he had a bunch of games where he didn't give 100%.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:46 AM

D'antoni was a horrible hire. But Dwight never gave 100% every night, and he never bought into being a Laker. Which is fine. Wish him luck in Houston. Although he quit.

I love how if this were any other franchise people would be calling Dwight out. But since its the Lakers, Dwight somehow gets sympathy, despite all the reports of him causing chemistry issues and not giving full effort all the time.

Kobe is known for causing chemistry issues.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:47 AM
but still scores 20 a game despite all that, i wonder if he rewarded free points or something:laugh:

He averages 18 for his career. Watch his game, dude.

70% of his points come off of easy dunks, set ups etc. He doesn't have a single offensive move he can go to.

OceanSpray
See I think he'll be great in Houston. Dwight is nuts, he's so fragile, and if he doesn't get exactly what he wants, he quits.

People seem to forget his last season in Orlando. Clearly he had a bunch of games where he didn't give 100%.

And you seem to forget that Dwight was a legitimate top 5 player for years and was unquestionably dominating every other center. He wasn't healthy, what's so hard to understand. He wasn't even supposed to be playing but put himself out there and further delayed his shoulder. Give him a break, watch him dominate this year and you guys moat about it, again.

shep33
Who outplayed Tim Duncan? Not Marc Gasol, not Zach Randolph, not Andrew Bogut, not Chris Bosh, not Dwight Howard. See what I'm getting at? No one in the league stopped Duncan at that position. Go find someone else to blame, it wasn't only Dwight struggling. Nash/Pau weren't even doing their part in the regular season. Remember when you guys wanted to trade Pau Gasol too? Lmao, now all of a sudden you guys praise him? LAL is one funny team. When Howard came, fans self proclaimed LAL as the champions. Even Kobe kept bugging Russ/Harden/Durant during the Olympics that they were going to the NBA finals. Then when you guys lose, you act like you saw it coming all along. Haha, I'm done. It's truly ridiculous how low you guys scoop. Just wait till next year, like everyone else is doing and not complaining while doing so.

Dwight was god awful in the playoffs. 17 ppg, 11 rpg seem solid, but he also committed over 4 fouls per game, shot 44% from the line and turned it over 4 times per game.

**** Pau who had no knees put up 15, 13.2 and 7.4 assists per game

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:48 AM

Yet there was enough chemistry on those teams to win 5 rings in the process. Kobe just doesn't like ********, he doesn't like you if you are not 100% to the winning effort.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:49 AM

70% of his points come off of easy dunks, set ups etc. He doesn't have a single offensive move he can go to.

70% of his points come off of easy dunks, set ups, etc., :laugh: Yet you criticize him for quitting when that's all he does, LOL!!!!

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:50 AM

Not this year dude, even Nash hated Dwight.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Nash played like 10 games last season shut up and get over it jeez

He played enough games to know Dwight is a punk. Dwight couldn't help set up a P'n'r to save his life, which is why Nash's APG deflated.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:51 AM
70% of his points come off of easy dunks, set ups, etc., :laugh: Yet you criticize him for quitting when that's all he does, LOL!!!!

He couldn't even do that this season. He didn't try.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-10-2013, 12:52 AM

What? Do you even read your posts?

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Dwight was god awful in the playoffs. 17 ppg, 11 rpg seem solid, but he also committed over 4 fouls per game, shot 44% from the line and turned it over 4 times per game.

**** Pau who had no knees put up 15, 13.2 and 7.4 assists per game

Hey, I don't care what Howard did or didn't do. He wasn't supposed to be playing and was forced to play because everyone was questioning him when he said his shoulder was hurting him. He had to play for LAL to even have a shot at it. Pau Gasol was sitting his butt on the bench for nearly half the regular season, more than enough time to recover. Howard missed 6 games when he WASN'T even READY to PLAY because HIS shoulder WAS still HURTING. What part of that don't you guys understand? If he was 100% and putting those numbers, I understand where you're coming from. But he's not and you people use that against him? What if he said "I want to heal my shoulder before I play because I feel I can then dominate"? You guys would be saying he has no heart and is quitting! The joy of being a LAL fan, thinking just because of their history, they should be rewarded every great player out there.

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:54 AM
All I know is he better win some rings. Put up or shut up. You have everything you need.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:54 AM

They said Dwight quit but they also say all he does is put back/easy dunks. How can you tell someone quit if that's all they do? Can you comprehend information?

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Why is dnewguy still here?

bucketss
07-10-2013, 12:55 AM

20-18 who cares same ishh, and he has avg 20 a game before so we know he can do it. everything you listed are part of a offensive game, also quick question, if he has no offensive game, than why is he doubled teamed every time they dump it down in the post?

jam
07-10-2013, 12:56 AM
His offensive game is extremely limited, his intelligence highly suspect, and he has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old brat.

I'm still not sold on the rockets' ability to win a chip with Howard as their #1 option.

Aust
07-10-2013, 12:56 AM
The joy of being a LAL fan, thinking just because of their history, they should be rewarded every great player out there.

What does this have to do with the topic you are arguing? It seems very petty that you would change the subject and resort to saying such things.

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey, I don't care what Howard did or didn't do. He wasn't supposed to be playing and was forced to play because everyone was questioning him when he said his shoulder was hurting him. He had to play for LAL to even have a shot at it. Pau Gasol was sitting his butt on the bench for nearly half the regular season, more than enough time to recover. Howard missed 6 games when he WASN'T even READY to PLAY because HIS shoulder WAS still HURTING. What part of that don't you guys understand? If he was 100% and putting those numbers, I understand where you're coming from. But he's not and you people use that against him? What if he said "I want to heal my shoulder before I play because I feel I can then dominate"? You guys would be saying he has no heart and is quitting! The joy of being a LAL fan, thinking just because of their history, they should be rewarded every great player out there.

Suck it up. Players get hurt, his back eventually got stronger, and his shoulder didn't require surgery. Doctors cleared him to play, so I have no idea what your talking about. If his injury was severe and could cause further damage or caused him incredible amounts of pain, he wouldn't be playing. Simple as that. That's what a medical staff is for

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:57 AM
20-18 who cares same ishh, and he has avg 20 a game before so we know he can do it. everything you listed are part of a offensive game, also quick question, if he has no offensive game, than why is he doubled teamed every time they dump it down in the post?

They don't do that every time. If the defender is big enough/strong enough, he can handle Dwight. Pau manhandled him in the Finals. They would only double him when he would try to do that stupid drive he does.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 12:58 AM
What does this have to do with the topic you are arguing? It seems very petty that you would change the subject and resort to saying such things.

Preach.

OceanSpray
asking to be traded in the off-season isn't quitting on your team. its setting a fire under your management's *** so they know you're serious; it creates pressure on them to meet your demands. it is giving them the opportunity to get it together before they get left for nothing. qutting on your team is giving up in the post-season and then leaving the team in the off season for nothing and no assets.

dont forget that kobe resigned with the lakers long term in 2007 before Pau was even traded for. and he had already sacrificed his prime years of 26-28 with scrub players the three years leading up to that junction. he was patient and stayed the course, he certainly didn't quit.

No, that's regarded as quitting. Quitting means to leave. Kobe was threatening a trade because he was upset that LAL didn't pair him up with anyone worth mentioning. Sorta reminds me of LBJ in Cleveland but I do remember LBJ never getting that fair shake. Anyways, Kobe only agreed to staying when Jerry told him their plans. Kobe wanted to quit, he couldn't handle playing without help. Something LBJ HAD to do for 7 years.

bucketss

lmao i'll kill myself if that man becomes a laker, this kid use to dominate my old highschool

Chronz
07-10-2013, 12:59 AM

dwight probably also felt insecure about his ability to set screens because of his health; he was a slow and mediocre screen setter all season because of his health.
Show me. I lol everytime this was mentioned by amateur analysts ... maybe there are some facts Im missing.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm out. Seems like I've disturbed a mass amount of "fans" who just don't quite get it. Next year, Howard won't be on your team. You won't have any excuses, let's see how it goes.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm out. Seems like I've disturbed a mass amount of "fans" who just don't quite get it. Next year, Howard won't be on your team. You won't have any excuses, let's see how it goes.

LOL.

You completely change the topic, great.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:01 AM
No, that's regarded as quitting. Quitting means to leave. Kobe was threatening a trade because he was upset that LAL didn't pair him up with anyone worth mentioning. Sorta reminds me of LBJ in Cleveland but I do remember LBJ never getting that fair shake. Anyways, Kobe only agreed to staying when Jerry told him their plans. Kobe wanted to quit, he couldn't handle playing without help. Something LBJ HAD to do for 7 years.

Oh yeah lets compare Smush, Kwame, Ira Newble, Radmanovic, Walton, Cook, Chucky Atkins, pothead Odom to a group of role players that fit Lebron's play style. Shooters and players that do all the dirty work like Varejao.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Suck it up. Players get hurt, his back eventually got stronger, and his shoulder didn't require surgery. Doctors cleared him to play, so I have no idea what your talking about. If his injury was severe and could cause further damage or caused him incredible amounts of pain, he wouldn't be playing. Simple as that. That's what a medical staff is for

Clearing doesn't mean he's ready... So what's everyone's excuse for Derrick Rose? He was cleared, he didn't play a single game. Dwight Howard's cleared, he plays, doesn't perform 100% because he's not healthy, you guys use that as an attack towards him? Gotta love it. Preach, by that logic, Kobe should be playing because pain is nothing. Kobe should suck it up.

ArmLaker
Dwight quit. Plain and simple. He's not going to change at this age. The first thing that goes wrong with Houston whether its the pollen in the air or finding out that free bbq deal was a scam, he's going to wanna bolt.

jam
The lakers have no plan whatsoever in place. Jim Buss is just a flat out moron.

Aust

There are some delusional fans in the Laker forum, but most of us expect our team to be terrible. A lot of us want to tank lol.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Oh yeah lets compare Smush, Kwame, Ira Newble, Radmanovic, Walton, Cook, Chucky Atkins, pothead Odom to a group of role players that fit Lebron's play style. Shooters and players that do all the dirty work like Varejao.

Put Kobe on LeBron's Cleveland team. How many games do they win?

LakersMaster24
Clearing doesn't mean he's ready... So what's everyone's excuse for Derrick Rose? He was cleared, he didn't play a single game. Dwight Howard's cleared, he plays, doesn't perform 100% because he's not healthy, you guys use that as an attack towards him? Gotta love it. Preach, by that logic, Kobe should be playing because pain is nothing. Kobe should suck it up.

He does.

LakersMaster24
Put Kobe on LeBron's Cleveland team. How many games do they win?

A lot more than he did with the Lakers in the post-Shaq pre-Pau era.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:04 AM
The lakers have no plan whatsoever in place. Jim Buss is just a flat out moron.

This guy gets it. LAL management is at fault, why did they sign D'Antoni over Phil? Why did they trade Bynum for Howard, knowing Howard had the option of leaving next season? Well, who knows. For now, let's just blame Howard because he's the most recent news.

Aust
07-10-2013, 01:05 AM

Over the past 5 years Kobe did "suck it up" and played through a ridiculous amount of injuries. gtfo with that crap. Kobe deserves better than your clown comments.

LakersMaster24
This guy gets it. LAL management is at fault, why did they sign D'Antoni over Phil? Why did they trade Bynum for Howard, knowing Howard had the option of leaving next season? Well, who knows. For now, let's just blame Howard because he's the most recent news.

Jerry Buss wanted D'Antoni.

Oh, I am so bummed we traded Bynum. He totally dominated last season.

OceanSpray
He does.

Where was Kobe when LAL won those last few games to ultimately make the playoffs?

LakersMaster24
Oceanspray is running out of ******** to say.

Aust

Most Laker fans blame Jim Buss. Pretty much all of us greatly dislike the guy and are praying his sister and Phil take over.

OceanSpray
Jerry Buss wanted D'Antoni.

Oh, I am so bummed we traded Bynum. He totally dominated last season.

Jerry Buss, Jim Buss, Jeannie Buss. Doesn't matter, you guys made that move and it bit you guys.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Where was Kobe when LAL won those last few games to ultimately make the playoffs?

Umm...he couldn't walk? A ****ing torn achilles :laugh:

ArmLaker
Is this guy trying to imply having Ilgauskas, Varejao, Mo Williams, Past his prime Shaq, 3 point shooters all over the floor in a weak *** eastern conference is worse than Smush, Kwame, Cook, Mihm????? :D :D :D :D. Kobe led these hacks into the playoffs in the tough west and came close to winning a playoff series lmao

LakersMaster24
Jerry Buss, Jim Buss, Jeannie Buss. Doesn't matter, you guys made that move and it bit you guys.

No one is praising that move, lol. What is your point?

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Oceanspray is running out of ******** to say.

Yup, not that I didn't expect LAL fanboys to come running out here. You guys will get over it, it hurts now but eventually you'll move past it.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:07 AM
No one is praising that move, lol. What is your point?

You guys screwed yourself over, stop commenting. I'd like for someone to actually make some sense. You traded for an injured Howard and expected a Shaq like player out of him.

Bruno
07-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Show me. I lol everytime this was mentioned by amateur analysts ... maybe there are some facts Im missing.

i remember the logic being as simple as dwight howard got the majority of his fg's off the roll, and that nash got the majority of his assists off p&r. there's not really any specific reason why those two shouldn't have been successful in the p&r other than their own injuries. to say they 'could have been the best p&r tandem in the league' or that 'dwight was the ideal p&r man for steve nash' is overkill and was proven to wrong be last year. in which cause yea- the idea is especially laughable now that we witnessed it fail when it was attempted.

by the time la went 28-12 to close out the season kobe was running the pg and nash was off ball. they didn't roll with it that much.

Aust

omg I can't believe you just said that. The little grains of sand of credibility you had just disappeared.

OceanSpray
Umm...he couldn't walk? A ****ing torn achilles :laugh:

By Shep's logic, play through it.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:09 AM
omg I can't believe you just said that. The little grains of sand of credibility you had just disappeared.

I know. I'm not being serious but if you're going to say Kobe couldn't play because he was injured, why can't Dwight get that benefit of a doubt? He was injured before the season even started. Heck, he didn't even play in the playoffs for Orlando because of that injury.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:09 AM
You guys screwed yourself over, stop commenting. I'd like for someone to actually make some sense. You traded for an injured Howard and expected a Shaq like player out of him.

You didn't watch enough Lakers games to understand what we are talking about.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Is this guy trying to imply having Ilgauskas, Varejao, Mo Williams, Past his prime Shaq, 3 point shooters all over the floor in a weak *** eastern conference is worse than Smush, Kwame, Cook, Mihm????? :D :D :D :D. Kobe led these hacks into the playoffs in the tough west and came close to winning a playoff series lmao

You're right, LBJ had the best team. Or, did he just make his teammates better than they really were?

Bruno
07-10-2013, 01:10 AM
how longs the list of players nash has become visibly angry with on the court? this thread reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TBz2phCgY

Bruno
07-10-2013, 01:13 AM

correct, and kobe didn't leave.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:14 AM
You didn't watch enough Lakers games to understand what we are talking about.

I don't have to watch LAL games to understand that Howard was injured and playing through pain. What don't you guys get, I mean really? Howard was injured, he couldn't give it his all because his damn injury affected his play. First you guys sign Nash, who was practically useless last season. Gasol was injured half the season. You guys had no legitimate three point threat because Meeks was completely off. What did you guys expect to happen? There's no need for Nash if you're going to have Kobe draw up every offensive play, Nash is nothing more than a three point shooter if that's your goal. I'm sorry but you guys are looking for someone to blame and it's not fair that Dwight is getting the majority of it. Blame the management who traded Bynum, signed an aging PG who is known to have back issues, and not trade Gasol when you had the chance. If not, just blame Howard. I for one don't like Howard, he is mentally weak and doesn't seem to give a crap. But I'm not ignoring the fact that he was placed in a horrible situation. It was literally Howard+Kobe because Nash+Gasol were not viable to the team during their playoff chase. Howard resigning with Houston means a bigger threat for Miami, no, I have no reason to support Howard. I'm just defending the silly reasons you guys impose on him. For everything you mentioned, I've heard nothing about Nash/Gasol being useless.

shep33
how longs the list of players nash has become visibly angry with on the court? this thread reminded me of this.

Nash didn't like Dwight one bit, its amazing that people didn't catch on. He had so many slight jabs at Dwight this season after games. During games he and Dwight had a couple heated arguments, I know this one is a prominent video, but there are other examples of this. Wasn't a one time thing

OceanSpray
correct, and kobe didn't leave.

Was that after or before he was told Pau Gasol would be coming in?

shep33
07-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Dwight quit on Orlando and he quit on LA. Hopefully he sticks this through in Houston, which is a great fit for him

PraiseJesus
07-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Dwight was a passive aggressive self centered diva that over values his skills as a center and post up threat

If he miraculously becomes a team player in Houston its because Nash is right and Dwight was apparently on a campaign to ruin the Lakers season.

I think Dwight is underestimating how much his act has worn on his reputation. You can kiss the idea of him being a widely loved NBA player goodbye.

The whole Magic fanbase already hates him. Now the Laker fanbase does as well which is by the largest. Not only that but any sports fan has had to listen to his drama for years and they are sick of it as well.

All the while he isn't as good of a player as he is hyped to be! He is simply living in an era where all the other big men got career ending injuries. Also just less talented

With that said I dont see him getting in any movies or tnt gigs after he retires because it will likely end up that Houston hates him too

shep33

Before. He talked to Jerry Buss who convinced him to stay. Otherwise he would've forced a trade before the season started.

Don't know if you know this, but Detroit and LA had a deal in place to send Kobe to Detroit. Would've went through if Jerry hadn't convinced Kobe to stay. Jerry also gave the thumbs up on the trade if Kobe wanted it because we were getting multipe assets back. But he wanted Kobe to stay, which he did.

LakersMaster24

Clearly before, idiot.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:19 AM
I don't have to watch LAL games to understand that Howard was injured and playing through pain. What don't you guys get, I mean really? Howard was injured, he couldn't give it his all because his damn injury affected his play. First you guys sign Nash, who was practically useless last season. Gasol was injured half the season. You guys had no legitimate three point threat because Meeks was completely off. What did you guys expect to happen? There's no need for Nash if you're going to have Kobe draw up every offensive play, Nash is nothing more than a three point shooter if that's your goal. I'm sorry but you guys are looking for someone to blame and it's not fair that Dwight is getting the majority of it. Blame the management who traded Bynum, signed an aging PG who is known to have back issues, and not trade Gasol when you had the chance. If not, just blame Howard. I for one don't like Howard, he is mentally weak and doesn't seem to give a crap. But I'm not ignoring the fact that he was placed in a horrible situation. It was literally Howard+Kobe because Nash+Gasol were not viable to the team during their playoff chase. Howard resigning with Houston means a bigger threat for Miami, no, I have no reason to support Howard. I'm just defending the silly reasons you guys impose on him. For everything you mentioned, I've heard nothing about Nash/Gasol being useless.

We didn't expect Howard to block and dunk on everyone, because we knew he was injured. Its the little things we are talking about, the little things you can't know about because you didn't watch LAL games. Frankly those little things are the factors where you see that he showed zero effort, and just looked uninterested.

Bruno
07-10-2013, 01:19 AM

pau was traded for in february 2008. kobe resigned with the Lakers in the 2007 off-season.

he resigned with little more than a 20 year old Bynum and Lamar Odom to a team that was .500 the year before.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Okay, so Jerry convinced Kobe to stay because he told him of his plan. So basically, Kobe was thinking about quitting but changed his mind when he realized that Jerry had big changes in mind. Okay, makes sense. If LeBron was aware of that in Cleveland, he would've resigned with Cleveland instead of going to Miami.

LakersMaster24
07-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Okay, so Jerry convinced Kobe to stay because he told him of his plan. So basically, Kobe was thinking about quitting but changed his mind when he realized that Jerry had big changes in mind. Okay, makes sense. If LeBron was aware of that in Cleveland, he would've resigned with Cleveland instead of going to Miami.

What was was Jerry supposed to tell Kobe? "Yeah, everything will be the same. You and scrubs. Deal with it."

I guarantee you that Dan Gilbert and Co. promised to get some help for Lebron as well. Your logic is flawed.

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:22 AM
We didn't expect Howard to block and dunk on everyone, because we knew he was injured. Its the little things we are talking about, the little things you can't know about because you didn't watch LAL games. Frankly those little things are the factors where you see that he showed zero effort, and just looked uninterested.

Frankly, those little things were exactly what you saw in Orlando, when his name was up in trade discussions. You signed him, deal with it. He was clearly unhappy with being in LAL, does it mean he wasn't trying? No, that's just how Dwight Howard is. Dwight Howard recently said he's already made it. He hasn't won a ring, what has he made it into? NBA. So clearly, Dwight isn't the same as everyone else. He's childish and doesn't think. You signed him, don't complain when you didn't get the exact opposite of what Dwight is.

shep33
07-10-2013, 01:23 AM

Errybody is a quitter

DoubleDragon

Actually there was one game Dwight gave his all in, and his numbers I think were 39 pts 19 rebs 8 dimes (or close), and that was a game he had his own special reason. His first game back in Orlando.

OceanSpray
What was was Jerry supposed to tell Kobe? "Yeah, everything will be the same. You and scrubs. Deal with it."

I guarantee you that Dan Gilbert and Co. promised to get some help for Lebron as well. Your logic is flawed.

Your logic is flawed because Dan did promise help. He got Shaq, remember? That WAS supposed to be the help that LeBron "needed". An aging Shaq who couldn't even make it to the other end of the court at times.

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Ilgauskas, Mo, Post prime Shaq, Varejao all have more talent in their collective toenails with or without LeBron than Kwame, Smush, Cook, Mihm, Walton on super saiyan mode. So yes, Kobe would make that team an instant contender in the Eastern conference.

shep33
07-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Actually there was one game Dwight gave his all in, and his numbers I think were 39 pts 19 rebs 8 dimes (or close), and that was a game he had his own special reason. His first game back in Orlando.

True. Also took 39 freethrows that game lol

OceanSpray
07-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Okay, I'm done. Nice to see the 50 notifications I have because LAL fans are being ignorant. I'm not even a fan of Howard but I'm not going to say he's not the best center. I get it. Die hard fans get upset when a star player leaves, I did too when Glen was traded to Hornets for Alonzo. I was furious but we got a better player in Alonzo. Things will get better and maybe then you'll realize Dwight wasn't the reason for LAL's bad season. Heck, you guys got a better situation than 20 or so teams because you have a clean slate next year with LeBron/Wade/Melo and other quality players being free agents. Or you can keep blaming Howard, that works too. A reason why people blame others is because they refuse to believe the things that have happened. So if that's how you cope with reality, great for you.

DoubleDragon
07-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Your logic is flawed because Dan did promise help. He got Shaq, remember? That WAS supposed to be the help that LeBron "needed". An aging Shaq who couldn't even make it to the other end of the court at times.

Everybody's logic is flawed. Dwight never quit. Kobe was a quitter. Shaq was fat. Lebron's perfect. Nash is Canadian, and Kobe should have won a ring with Smush Parker. (Am I missing anything?) Us kids hate it when mommy and daddy fight

Chronz
07-10-2013, 01:40 AM
i remember the logic being as simple as dwight howard got the majority of his fg's off the roll, and that nash got the majority of his assists off p&r. there's not really any specific reason why those two shouldn't have been successful in the p&r other than their own injuries. to say they 'could have been the best p&r tandem in the league' or that 'dwight was the ideal p&r man for steve nash' is overkill and was proven to wrong be last year. in which cause yea- the idea is especially laughable now that we witnessed it fail when it was attempted.

by the time la went 28-12 to close out the season kobe was running the pg and nash was off ball. they didn't roll with it that much.

Ive heard the spiel, what a load of crock. No offense, its just what I would think if my team was feeding me this bull. Lakers FO came out and said we analyzed his PnR play (yea ****ing right, the 1 team that doesn't send a rep to the Sloan conference is allegedly analyzing possession usage? LMFAO ) I shouldn't just blame the Lakers, the media spread this notion of Dwight as this PnR scorer pretty quickly and the masses just ran with it. No, Dwight did not get the majority of his fg's off the PnR, hes the best FINISHER in the PnR, but that doesnt imply a high rate of usage.

Not sure what the 2nd paragraph is about, thats a very simple summation of how the Lakers closed out the year, 28-12 loses its luster when you consider the SRS and the very short rotation they ran.

PS: Nash's assist value has been dropping over the years as well, its not that surprising to see them both struggling.

Chronz
07-10-2013, 01:43 AM

Dwight has the basketball IQ of a turnip, no doubt about it. But like Max always says, technique is a means to an end. Dwight can still be overpowering when healthy, putting him in situations where he has to think on the fly isn't his strong suit. PnR opened up the offense for OTHER players in Orlando, not necessarily for him.

kblo247
07-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Ive heard the spiel, what a load of crock. No offense, its just what I would think if my team was feeding me this bull. Lakers FO came out and said we analyzed his PnR play (yea ****ing right, the 1 team that doesn't send a rep to the Sloan conference is allegedly analyzing possession usage? LMFAO ) I shouldn't just blame the Lakers, the media spread this notion of Dwight as this PnR scorer pretty quickly and the masses just ran with it. No, Dwight did not get the majority of his fg's off the PnR, hes the best FINISHER in the PnR, but that doesnt imply a high rate of usage.

Not sure what the 2nd paragraph is about, thats a very simple summation of how the Lakers closed out the year, 28-12 loses its luster when you consider the SRS and the very short rotation they ran.

PS: Nash's assist value has been dropping over the years as well, its not that surprising to see them both struggling.

Shaq and the gang is their round table to open the season. In the round table discussion Shaq sad Dwight wasnt a real C, he was a European C who ended pick and roll and couldn't score out the post onus that should have been BBQ chicken. He even said Lopez was better on nba TV. Then he finished up with a challenge to prove him wrong.

Dwight's pnr numbers

Howard thrived as the pick-and-roll man last season, averaging more points per play than all players except Tyson Chandler. He made 80-of-101 shots (79 percent). No other player in the NBA who had at least 75 shots, turnovers, or trips to the free throw line was even at 70 percent.

Shaq just ****ed up his dome

Avenged
07-10-2013, 02:01 AM
He wanted the ball in the post that's why. Thing is, he isn't that good down there. It either led to a miss or a steal.

Chronz
07-10-2013, 02:25 AM
He wanted the ball in the post that's why. Thing is, he isn't that good down there. It either led to a miss or a steal.

Even to the bitter end, Shaq wanted to remain a post player. Its hard for guys to let go of what they once had, and in Dwights case, its especially hard because it was literally a year ago that he was dominating, he believes the potential is still there. Can u rly blame him?

kblo247
07-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Yes I can blame him when he's the third best post player on the team.

LegendsNvrDie23
07-10-2013, 02:35 AM

Lol, a big one.

Howard will never lead a team to a ring. Houston will have big problems if Dwight wants to be the number one option over harden. Howard will only get worse while Harden will be getting better. I bet you Dwight throws a fit and wants out by year 3.

5ass
07-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Errybody is a quitter

Not me. I keep coming back and never give up. Until it becomes difficult, then I quit.

Chronz
07-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Why? Im not even sure thats true with how Pau plays now.

shep33
07-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Not me. I keep coming back and never give up. Until it becomes difficult, then I quit.

:laugh:

shep33
07-10-2013, 02:57 AM

Haha who knows at this point? We just abandoned him at the high post the last two years.

Eg714
07-10-2013, 03:00 AM

Dwight can't hold Pau's jock strap in the post. It's when Pau became a three point shooter that he started having problems.

goku
07-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Enough is enough. We know Dwight wasn't happy. We know he wanted Phil. We know if he got Phil, he would have stayed. He did not get Phil. He is now in Houston.

Dwight is a dominant force on the defensive end and the rockets and their fans should be very excited to have him on their team.

finally a laker fan with sense

DLCK
07-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Haha good luck Houston with all this false hope

TorontoHuskies
07-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Lakers should be blamed for the Howard situation not Howard. Howard never wanted to go there in there first place so how can you blame him for leaving when he was forced into a situation he never wanted. Lakers are a dumb team who have been spoiled over the years with stars and couldn't fathom that a star didn't want to be there. What's even more dumb is that they willl continue to cling on to washed up Kobe until he retires when it's never been more clear that his time is up there. There's gonna be no championships in LA for a long time.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Lakers should be blamed for the Howard situation not Howard. Howard never wanted to go there in there first place so how can you blame him for leaving when he was forced into a situation he never wanted. Lakers are a dumb team who have been spoiled over the years with stars and couldn't fathom that a star didn't want to be there. What's even more dumb is that they willl continue to cling on to washed up Kobe until he retires when it's never been more clear that his time is up there. There's gonna be no championships in LA for a long time.

Dwight is a clown.

There are a lot of ways to deal with playing for a team u dont like and slothing up and down the court and dragging a great franchise through the mud was not the best way.

"he played hurt"

Thats not our fault. If hes hurt then sit out. He didnt want to play after all right??

Hey

Maybe Dwight is just making excuses for the fact that he couldnt hack it in LA

Bostonjorge
07-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Howard is the best C in the game today. He's the best big man in NBA C or PF. But he's not taking the rockets to a championship. Last year he fell off big time. I hear all the excuses for that and that he's going to be the Howard in Orlando. The last playoffs he played for Orlando he lost in the 1st rd . He got hurt his final year in orlando so he missed the playoffs. He does make the rockets and better team just not a great one.

kblo247
07-10-2013, 04:48 AM

I'm just glad you didn't even argue about who the best post player is. But Pau for all his faults, didnt tend to turn it over and get stripped then miss free throws. Was infuriating at times that he couldn't just keep it high. I mean Kwame knew to do that with his baby hands

kblo247
07-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Howard is the best C in the game today. He's the best big man in NBA C or PF. But he's not taking the rockets to a championship. Last year he fell off big time. I hear all the excuses for that and that he's going to be the Howard in Orlando. The last playoffs he played for Orlando he lost in the 1st rd . He got hurt his final year in orlando so he missed the playoffs. He does make the rockets and better team just not a great one.
If you're ignoring that Melo and Bron have been playing the 4 sure, if not I can't say best C or PF, C sure, he just played down a level where others appeared much closer, whereas its always only been Bynum nipping on his heels

thenaj17
07-10-2013, 04:51 AM
What part of

1) He wasn't 100%.

Dwight had 2nd most post touches in the league and bricked the ball more than enough times. Dwight was put to the line a dozen times a game and failed to make half his FT's. Plenty of opportunity there.

Granted Lakers didn't have the best shooters to make teams pay and help defense was an issue but he had opportunity with the ball in hand.

As for Nash and Gasol being injured most the season, this point was completely ignored by a lot of Laker haters when they were almost missing the playoffs. Somehow it was Kobe's fault as the team leader they were doing so badly. Amazing how things change when trying to argue another point.

Iron24th
07-10-2013, 04:55 AM

Numbers are fooling you, seems like you don't watch a lot of basketball games.

Players including Kobe stopped the flow of the game often to give him the touches he was crying for, watching him trying his only robotic inefficient post move, to then get his ball stripped or hacked and then bricking both his freethrows.

Do you realize Pau Gasol who averaged more than 18pts per game in his Lakers tenure has averaged 13.7pts las year just to throw some alley oop to howard and make him happy.

When howard was out, Pau was beasting, surprising isn't it?

Howard stats from last year were a fluke, you will learn it soon enough.

Davidgta1
07-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Why are we even still talking about this it's over let's move on he's in Houston now.

Iron24th
07-10-2013, 04:58 AM

Third? I've seen Artest being more efficient when posting people up than howard.

He was the 4th at best.

WARRIORS@GR
07-10-2013, 05:55 AM
Howard is the best C in the game today. He's the best big man in NBA C or PF.Tim Duncan even when he will be 45,would be more valuable to a team than Dwight Howard.

jam
07-10-2013, 06:25 AM
LOL, just ignore those HOU frontrunner trolls.

You are spot on about dwight. His offensive skill set is pretty pathetic. And kobe gave him the ball in exactly the manner you suggest. It really was like watching a doting parent giving a whining child a toy or some candy.

Dwight is like the ugly girl in the club who thinks she's hotter than britney spears and charlize theron combined.

He is fueled by a strange delusion bordering on megalomania. He says the right things, but whenever things go just the slightest bit wrong, he throws a tantrum for months, even years on end.

Even many HOU fans knew this prior to his committing to the rockets. They're gloating now, but things could get very ugly once Dwight realizes other people on the team want to shoot the ball: harden, parsons, lin, garcia, etc.

Players including Kobe stopped the flow of the game often to give him the touches he was crying for, watching him trying his only robotic inefficient post move, to then get his ball stripped or hacked and then bricking both his freethrows.

Do you realize Pau Gasol who averaged more than 18pts per game in his Lakers tenure has averaged 13.7pts las year just to throw some alley oop to howard and make him happy.

time4change
07-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Dwight Howard is a 27 year old *****. Oops I meant boy...

xxplayerxx23
07-10-2013, 06:47 AM

You are a Kobe/laker fan, please you have a ton of bias against Howard. He had a torn laburnum and a bad back. He is easily the best rebounding and defensive player in the nba. Sure he has his flaws like ft shooting and no real go to move but guess what he still is a good offensive player and puts up better numbers then most and his defensive impact is crazy. He is easily the best center in the game, gasoline, Noah,healthy Bynum,Lopez ate not near him. I dislike Howard but your hate is crazy and you sound hurt he left your lakers to Rot.

xxplayerxx23
07-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Lmao laker fans crack me up.

Iron24th
07-10-2013, 07:02 AM
LOL, just ignore those HOU frontrunner trolls.

You are spot on about dwight. His offensive skill set is pretty pathetic. And kobe gave him the ball in exactly the manner you suggest. It really was like watching a doting parent giving a whining child a toy or some candy.

Dwight is like the ugly girl in the club who thinks she's hotter than britney spears and charlize theron combined.

He is fueled by a strange delusion bordering on megalomania. He says the right things, but whenever things go just the slightest bit wrong, he throws a tantrum for months, even years on end.

Even many HOU fans knew this prior to his committing to the rockets. They're gloating now, but things could get very ugly once Dwight realizes other people on the team want to shoot the ball: harden, parsons, lin, garcia, etc.

Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about, if things don't go his way, and with some chuckers like harden, parsons, lin and co, it will probably not, dwight will create another diwghtmare and people from houston will bash him first.

meloman1592
07-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Lmao laker fans. Dwight isn't the #1 center in the nba? Cmonnnnnnnn

mike_noodles
07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Lmao laker fans. Dwight isn't the #1 center in the nba? Cmonnnnnnnn

I would still take Timmy and and play him at C over Dwight. And I'm not a Lakers, Rockets, Magic or Spurs fan. Two reasons, they both clearly have the talent to be all NBA so I won't go there. Coachability and attitude/ego.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I would still take Timmy and and play him at C over Dwight. And I'm not a Lakers, Rockets, Magic or Spurs fan. Two reasons, they both clearly have the talent to be all NBA so I won't go there. Coachability and attitude/ego.

Pretty much this. Some people are brainwashed by espn into thinking Dwight is the number 1 center when he clearly doesn't have a number 1 skillset.

t_money25
07-10-2013, 09:06 AM
More Dwight Howard hate threads? He's gone already.......let it go. This is a business. Players can leave after they fulfill their contracts...smh

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 09:16 AM

LOL you must be basketball deficient or intentionally overlooking the Lakers problems last year. Let me explain it to you. The reason Pau excelled when Dwight was out is because of the system. In D'Antoni's system Pau could be the mobile rolling center that D'Antoni needed. Mike D does not know how to properly use a big man, let alone 2 big men, in the system he runs. With the Rockets they have McHale which can utilize Dwight much better.

The funny thing is that looking at the stats Dwight had a good year last year just not as dominating as we have seen. Dwight is not a major health risk since he has only really missed 25 games in 9 years. A healthy Dwight can dominate on defense and provide enough on offense to help the Rockets. The Rockets have enough slashers and spot up shooters to be effective.

They also have the best 1-2 center combo in the NBA. If the Rockets can add a couple more perimeter shooters (Harrington, Turkoglu, Ryan Anderson, etc) they will be a really tough team. The interior defense of the Rockets will probably be the best in the league as they lose nothing going to the bench to Asik. 2 Young superstars in their prime make Houston a contender, they need to do some more work but it is ABSOLUTELY ASININE to discount the Rockets just because you're butt-hurt about Dwight leaving. Let's get real.

c.c.
07-10-2013, 09:19 AM
If you're ignoring that Melo and Bron have been playing the 4 sure, if not I can't say best C or PF, C sure, he just played down a level where others appeared much closer, whereas its always only been Bynum nipping on his heels

Your signature though :redcard:

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Pretty much this. Some people are brainwashed by espn into thinking Dwight is the number 1 center when he clearly doesn't have a number 1 skillset.

Please enlighten us zenmaster, what is a #1 skill-set for a center?

ManRam
07-10-2013, 09:22 AM
You can hear the interview on the podcast of espn la too. Just thought it would give some light to Dwight's problems with the team and be taken at face value coming from Nash.

Likewise thought it was interesting how this correlates with what Shaq said about him being a euro big who couldn't post up. He tried hard and failed miserably, second most post ups of all centers

Nash defending D'Antoni? Stunning!

The blame can be spread thick and wide for what happened last year; I agree with Nash about that. MDA got most of the blame at the time...now we're backtracking because people are mad at Dwight. But the reality the whole time was that everyone played a role in last year's disappointment.

And if he wasn't comfortable, then why are we bashing him for leaving?

bucketss
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM

dwight doesn't play "cool" enough, so as you can see he hates him and his game. maybe if dwight adds a fancy fadeaway dwight can become GOAT in nicks eyes.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 09:31 AM

Ummmm, back to the basket game? If not, then a nice little hook shot maybe? Maybe some sort of go to move in the post? You really don't know what center's skillset should be or are you trying to bait/troll?

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
dwight doesn't play "cool" enough, so as you can see he hates him and his game. maybe if dwight adds a fancy fadeaway dwight can become GOAT in nicks eyes.

your a troll/cavs fans

ATX
07-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I just think Dwight hated playing with Kobe and in D'Antoni's system...

So he got the hell out.

The blame needs to be spread around, as there were many things going wrong last season. It's not all on Dwight.

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Ummmm, back to the basket game? If not, then a nice little hook shot maybe? Maybe some sort of go to move in the post? You really don't know what center's skillset should be or are you trying to bait/troll?

LOL I know what a center's skill-set should be. It's the same one that makes Dwight Howard the best center in the NBA. If he was 100% healthy last year he would have been EVEN BETTER. I have said it 100 times but I'll explain it again. I would hate for you to appear this NBA ignorant to anybody else, so let me educate you:

Dwight Howard last season (with a bad back AND a torn labrum) averaged 17 points and 12.5 rebounds (which led the league). At his position, he had a WS of 12.31 (#1 in NBA), 22.1 EFF (#2 in NBA), 2.47 block per game (#5 in NBA), and 3.64 DEF (#3 in NBA).

Actually let’s look at more of his ranks at center:

1st in Rebounds
1st in Defensive Rebounds
1st in Free-throws attempts
1st in Free-throws made
1st in Field-goal percentage
3rd in Efficiency
5th in Blocks
5th in Points
5th in Steals

OKAY NOW LET’S LOOK AT THE POST ALL-STAR GAME BREAK STATS (YOU KNOW WHEN DWIGHT WAS MORE HEALTHY):

Dwight Howard - Per Game
Pre All-Star 16.3 PPG -- 11.8 RPG -- 1.5 APG -- 2.3 BPG
Post All-Star 15.5 PPG -- 14.8 RPG -- 0.8 APG -- 2.6 BPG

You can see a difference in Howard's play. He has been more active on the defensive end and on the glass, and has been better in pick and rolls on the offensive end.

Dwight Howard - Rebounding
Pre All-Star OREB%: 10.8% -- DREB%: 26.5% -- REB%: 18.9%
Post All-Star OREB%: 12.5% -- DREB%: 32.1% -- REB%: 22.6%

The increase in Howard's rebounding numbers are not just based on per-game stats, which can vary based on opponent and pace of the game. If you look at Howard's rebounding percentage, he has increased the amount of available rebounds he has grabbed on both the offensive and defensive end since the All-Star break.

Dwight Howard - Advanced
Pre All-Star OffRtg: 104.0 -- DefRtg: 102.1 -- NetRtg: +1.9 -- USG%: 22.1% -- [+/- (per game)]: +35 (0.7)
Post All-Star OffRtg: 113.0 -- DefRtg: 98.7 -- NetRtg +14.3 -- USG%: 21.4% -- [+/- (per game)]: +88 (8.8)

Here you'll see that Howard's usage rate has dipped slightly -- a pair of 40+ point performances from Kobe likely contributed to that -- but his on-court plus/minus has increased dramatically. The same goes for Howard's on-court offensive and defensive efficiency -- up 9.0 points per 100 possession on offense and giving up 3.4 fewer points per 100 possessions on defense.

Also here's some game-tape on Mr Howard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDeUWTbeBvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOswI9Up_1E

I don't know if you noticed the offensive spin moves and drives to the hoop, especially in the 2nd vid. It's cool to be wrong don't worry about it slick.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I just think Dwight hated playing with Kobe and in D'Antoni's system...

So he got the hell out.

The blame needs to be spread around, as there were many things going wrong last season. It's not all on Dwight.

Im pretty sure every player hates playing with Kobe, but they do because they want to win. It isnt about who you like, its about winning. Kobe and Shaq hated each but they stayed for 3 rings.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2013, 09:44 AM
With every story coming out it sounds more and more everday Lakers of old and new and some fans sound bitter as ****, Get over it and let's move on. It's almost like Lebron all over it.

Well when Howard signed all the initial stories were anti Laker so what's wrong with the other side of the story being told.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 09:49 AM
LOL I know what a center's skill-set should be. It's the same one that makes Dwight Howard the best center in the NBA. If he was 100% healthy last year he would have been EVEN BETTER. I have said it 100 times but I'll explain it again. I would hate for you to appear this NBA ignorant to anybody else, so let me educate you:

Dwight Howard last season (with a bad back AND a torn labrum) averaged 17 points and 12.5 rebounds (which led the league). At his position, he had a WS of 12.31 (#1 in NBA), 22.1 EFF (#2 in NBA), 2.47 block per game (#5 in NBA), and 3.64 DEF (#3 in NBA).

Actually let’s look at more of his ranks at center:

1st in Rebounds
1st in Defensive Rebounds
1st in Free-throws attempts
1st in Free-throws made
1st in Field-goal percentage
3rd in Efficiency
5th in Blocks
5th in Points
5th in Steals

OKAY NOW LET’S LOOK AT THE POST ALL-STAR GAME BREAK STATS (YOU KNOW WHEN DWIGHT WAS MORE HEALTHY):

Dwight Howard - Per Game
Pre All-Star 16.3 PPG -- 11.8 RPG -- 1.5 APG -- 2.3 BPG
Post All-Star 15.5 PPG -- 14.8 RPG -- 0.8 APG -- 2.6 BPG

You can see a difference in Howard's play. He has been more active on the defensive end and on the glass, and has been better in pick and rolls on the offensive end.

Dwight Howard - Rebounding
Pre All-Star OREB%: 10.8% -- DREB%: 26.5% -- REB%: 18.9%
Post All-Star OREB%: 12.5% -- DREB%: 32.1% -- REB%: 22.6%

The increase in Howard's rebounding numbers are not just based on per-game stats, which can vary based on opponent and pace of the game. If you look at Howard's rebounding percentage, he has increased the amount of available rebounds he has grabbed on both the offensive and defensive end since the All-Star break.

Dwight Howard - Advanced
Pre All-Star OffRtg: 104.0 -- DefRtg: 102.1 -- NetRtg: +1.9 -- USG%: 22.1% -- [+/- (per game)]: +35 (0.7)
Post All-Star OffRtg: 113.0 -- DefRtg: 98.7 -- NetRtg +14.3 -- USG%: 21.4% -- [+/- (per game)]: +88 (8.8)

Here you'll see that Howard's usage rate has dipped slightly -- a pair of 40+ point performances from Kobe likely contributed to that -- but his on-court plus/minus has increased dramatically. The same goes for Howard's on-court offensive and defensive efficiency -- up 9.0 points per 100 possession on offense and giving up 3.4 fewer points per 100 possessions on defense.

Also here's some game-tape on Mr Howard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDeUWTbeBvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOswI9Up_1E

I don't know if you noticed the offensive spin moves and drives to the hoop, especially in the 2nd vid. It's cool to be wrong don't worry about it slick.

Again, I pointed out that Dwight is an EXCELLENT rebounder and defender. Im talking about offense. Now since i watched every Lakers game last year pretty much, Your advanced stats dont mean anything to me. Dwight got a lot of put backs from his REBOUNDING. I can show you some "in game tape" of terrible offensive dwight plays. And are you putting up a ft number??? This is why i dont respect people who try to come in and think they are some basketball brain because they can copy and paste numbers from another site. If you think Dwight is even an above average offesinve center, then we cant talk type basketball anymore..

TheIlladelph16
07-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I truly, truly hate the LA/NY media and a faction of their fans sometimes. This is pathetic.

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Again, I pointed out that Dwight is an EXCELLENT rebounder and defender. Im talking about offense. Now since i watched every Lakers game last year pretty much, Your advanced stats dont mean anything to me. Dwight got a lot of put backs from his REBOUNDING. I can show you some "in game tape" of terrible offensive dwight plays. And are you putting up a ft number??? This is why i dont respect people who try to come in and think they are some basketball brain because they can copy and paste numbers from another site. If you think Dwight is even an above average offesinve center, then we cant talk type basketball anymore..

Not only can you show me stats to refute my argument, the bolded part takes away any credibility you might have had. Of course advanced stats don't mean anything to you, your basketball IQ is not high enough to understand them.

nickdymez
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Lmfao. I love these condescending advanced stat guys who dont know the game. They know math.

ManRam
07-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Lmfao. I love these condescending advanced stat guys who dont know the game. They know math.

You're willingness to write them off 100% is what you should be mocking. To suggest they are completely worthless is a solid indictment on you as a poster. Go tell anyone in any front office that advanced stats mean "nothing"...they'll sit there and laugh at you.

blahblahyoutoo
07-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Who is your #1 center and where do you rank Dwight at C?

Centers I would clearly pick over Howard, in no particular order:
both gasols, lopez, bynum, hibbert, aldridge

Centers I would have trouble deciding between Howard:
Chandler, Asik, Bogut, Noah, Monroe, horford

Sandman
07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Unwilling to PNR or marginalized from doing it on every single play

D'Antoni sucks

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Centers I would clearly pick over Howard, in no particular order:
both gasols, lopez, bynum, hibbert, aldridge

Centers I would have trouble deciding between Howard:
Chandler, Asik, Bogut, Noah, Monroe, horford
All I can say is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

If you think any of those guys are better than Dwight Howard, you know about basketball and should probably stick to hockey.

I challenge you to provide ANY stats that can be strung together to prove ANY of those guys are better than Dwight Howard. I mean are you kidding right now?

Chronz
07-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Haha who knows at this point? We just abandoned him at the high post the last two years.
I wish I could parse post plays to show efficiency in the high/low post area, there might be some truth to that. As it stands, his post up efficiency has steadily declined over the last few years. Ill see what I can do to isolate the possessions because Im really hoping Pau has something of a rebirth but every time I do, he flops.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2013, 11:51 AM
All I can say is this:

If you think any of those guys are better than Dwight Howard, you know about basketball and should probably stick to hockey.

I challenge you to provide ANY stats that can be strung together to prove ANY of those guys are better than Dwight Howard. I mean are you kidding right now?

Dwight doesn't play hard

Chronz
07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm just glad you didn't even argue about who the best post player is. But Pau for all his faults, didnt tend to turn it over and get stripped then miss free throws. Was infuriating at times that he couldn't just keep it high. I mean Kwame knew to do that with his baby hands
Yea but this is literally year 1 of Dwight having to adapt his game due to injury. Make no mistake, Dwight shot a higher FG% than Pau in post sets, what made Pau more efficient was his passing game and that he limited turnovers in the process. Those turnovers could be indicative of the lack of strength Dwight had. He did mention that his back surgery caused nerve damage that would take awhile to recuperate.

I mean, I dont recall Dwight getting stripped like this in the past but he was completely inept in the post this year. Ill chalk that up to an injury fluke until it becomes a trend. When it does, thats when Ill join the whole, Dwight has no post game talk.

Pau should have a better year tho, the post is all his and I hope the trend of him playing better without Dwight continues.

I guess Dwight is the 3rd best post player when everyone is playing right, but who do you think has the best chance to regain that form next year?

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
All I can say is this:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: @ the Youtube link response to blahblahyoutoo. that's golden.

3RDASYSTEM
07-10-2013, 12:41 PM

jus replying to you 'often copied never successfully duplicated' pic you forgot to add the originals of it, ALCINDOR/MAGIC, they loss the same amount of Finals SHAQ/bean went to as a duo, i think the earlier duo went to like 9Finals and won 5

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Dwight doesn't play hard

Only a Lakers fan would think this is a stat or anything other than an biased, opinionated, observation.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Lol only Lakers fans think that Dwight Howard is overrated.

When are they gonna understand that it wasn't all Dwight's fault, and that their whole team is getting older with ****** coaching to boot?

I can't wait for the Lakers to struggle again. This time they won't be able to blame Dwight.