PDA

View Full Version : Will Metta clear waivers?

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 08:07 PM
So Metta World Peace has made it known that he would like to join my new york knicks if he clears amnesty waivers :cool:

now Metta is by no means a scrub, there could be a chance a team swipes him up before the knicks even get a shot at him. If so, will this happen? who are possible candidates to bid on Metta?

Discuss!

LakersMaster24
07-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Welcome to PSD!

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 08:12 PM
thanks, i've been a lurker on the boards for a while, decided to start posting :)

LivinLakers
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
thanks, i've been a lurker on the boards for a while, decided to start posting :)
Welcome aboard...way to come out.
I think Metta will prolly clear waivers, as he has already made it known that he is not interested in playing for another team other than NY or the Lakers (I think Brooklyn could also be a place that he would play). The last thing any young team wants is an unhappy Metta around.

With that said, I think MWP could be a great addition to a team like the Knicks. He has a pretty solid post up game and could do an effective job at subbing for Melo. He is also still an above average defender for spurts on quicker players, and is one of the best defenders in the league for post up type players.

I am a huge Lakers fan and would hate to see him go, but the Knicks are my second favorite team, so if he goes anywhere, I would be cool with NY.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Welcome aboard...way to come out.
I think Metta will prolly clear waivers, as he has already made it known that he is not interested in playing for another team other than NY or the Lakers (I think Brooklyn could also be a place that he would play). The last thing any young team wants is an unhappy Metta around.

With that said, I think MWP could be a great addition to a team like the Knicks. He has a pretty solid post up game and could do an effective job at subbing for Melo. He is also still an above average defender for spurts on quicker players, and is one of the best defenders in the league for post up type players.

I am a huge Lakers fan and would hate to see him go, but the Knicks are my second favorite team, so if he goes anywhere, I would be cool with NY.

Metta has said he only wants to play for the knicks or clippers! so the nets are not a threat imo. I think that he could be an impact player for the knicks off the bat. If possible i really like this move as it gives us a greater defensive presence on the perimeter as well as another 3 point shooter, he fills a lot of needs

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
NYK are not going to be contending at all. Bulls, NJN, Miami, and Pacers are already better than them. One has to wonder what NYK plan on doing with Amare. Huge bust for them.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2013, 08:54 PM
NYK are not going to be contending at all. Bulls, NJN, Miami, and Pacers are already better than them. One has to wonder what NYK plan on doing with Amare. Huge bust for them.

So might as well give one of those teams the championship already, why bother playing the games...

Green_Monster
07-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Metta has said he only wants to play for the knicks or clippers! so the nets are not a threat imo. I think that he could be an impact player for the knicks off the bat. If possible i really like this move as it gives us a greater defensive presence on the perimeter as well as another 3 point shooter, he fills a lot of needs

Do you have a link to that quote?

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
So might as well give one of those teams the championship already, why bother playing the games...

Not saying they shouldn't at least try but they haven't improved a bit while other teams are getting stronger.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 08:57 PM

Amid rumors that Metta World Peace will be released by the Los Angeles Lakers via the amnesty clause, his longtime friend and head of his foundation, Jose Morales, said the forward "hopes to land with the Knicks."

The Lakers can't make an official amnesty move until Wednesday, and sources told ESPN Tuesday that the team hasn't made a decision. World Peace's camp told ESPN that the team also told them that no decision has been made.

Morales said World Peace would be "upset" if the Lakers amnesty him, and that he would even consider retirement if any team with room to fit him under the salary cap claimed him off waivers. Those teams would have the first opportunity to claim him.

"If the Lakers do amnesty him, he might want to retire," Morales said. "If one of these small-market teams picks him up, he won't be happy with that. He doesn't want to play there."

Morales said World Peace would also be open to playing for the Clippers, but if he can't stay in Los Angeles he would only want to play in New York, his hometown.

"If the Lakers amnesty him, he's going to have a point to prove that he can still be that player in New York," Morales said.

If World Peace ended up in New York, he would be an ideal candidate to start at small forward and play alongside Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks are in the market for a wing player who can defend and stretch the floor with 3-point shooting. World Peace, if available, would arguably be the best candidate to fill that role, and being that he's from the city, he would be an obvious choice.

Morales also said money is not a factor in World Peace's next destination, as he'll still get paid $7.7 million from the Lakers through the 2013-14 season if he's amnestied.

"Whatever he makes next is an added bonus," Morales said. "Playing with a team that has a chance with the championship would be even better. He loves the Knicks.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Not saying they shouldn't at least try but they haven't improved a bit while other teams are getting stronger.

Well that's said more nicely. :)

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM

i disagree i think they have just as good a chance as any of the other eastern teams sans miami. And they may try to trade him...possibly sell Boston on the idea of Amares expiring + picks for Rondo, melo has expressed interest in playing with rondo.

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Thats your opinion. I mean, the Heat literally havent done one thing to get better so far.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
i disagree i think they have just as good a chance as any of the other eastern teams sans miami. And they may try to trade him...possibly sell Boston on the idea of Amares expiring + picks for Rondo, melo has expressed interest in playing with rondo.

Lol, Boston would never take Amare for Rondo.. Silly rumors. Bulls coming back strong with healthy D.Rose, Pacers Paul George only getting better with Granger coming back, NJN grabs Garnett, Deron, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Lol, Boston would never take Amare for Rondo.. Silly rumors. Bulls coming back strong with healthy D.Rose, Pacers Paul George only getting better with Granger coming back, NJN grabs Garnett, Deron, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez.

we'll agree to disagree. Amare's contract will be a 23 mil expiring next year...enticing for any rebuilding team. Bulls i can't disagree with. With regards to indiana, granger didnt look good his few games back last year so the jury is out on that. And you can't make a judgement on BK until you see them in action. Rookie coach + four ball dominant players..who knows how that works out

Green_Monster
07-09-2013, 09:10 PM

No.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:11 PM
No.
and why not? 23 million expiring seems pretty good

LivinLakers
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I agree...I think the Knicks have just as good a shot at contending as San Antonio did this year. Plus I think Miami is a DWade injury away from being beatable. I don't like the moves they made with Bargnani, but I think Tyson could be a difference maker come playoff time. I think the Knicks have a real shot.

ATX
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Thats your opinion. I mean, the Heat literally havent done one thing to get better so far.

Brought back Birdman today...

But seeing as they are B2B Champions, they aren't the ones needing to make a lot of changes. Riley will probably bring in one more big and maybe give a youth a chance on the roster. No need to change things up and potentially disrupt the team chemistry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I agree...I think the Knicks have just as good a shot at contending as San Antonio did this year. Plus I think Miami is a DWade injury away from being beatable. I don't like the moves they made with Bargnani, but I think Tyson could be a difference maker come playoff time. I think the Knicks have a real shot.

not to high on bargnani either but i think its too early to say. He flourished playing behind Bosh...the same thing could happen with Carmelo and if it does that instantly puts us in serious contention if he plays the way he did behind bosh as a second option. Its a bit of wishful thinking...but many players do play better after a change of scenery. The east isnt miamis anymore...they are clearly getting vulnerable. i think multiple teams have a real shot at the finals next year

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Brought back Birdman today...

But seeing as they are B2B Champions, they aren't the ones needing to make a lot of changes. Riley will probably bring in one more big and maybe give a youth a chance on the roster. No need to change things up and potentially disrupt the team chemistry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

Well, firstly, bringing back your own players isnt getting better, its keeping the status quo. But if everyone else is getting so much better, as he says, then surely the Heat will need to make moves to ensure that they keep their spot as untouchable in the East.

theGhost-isGone
07-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Amid rumors that Metta World Peace will be released by the Los Angeles Lakers via the amnesty clause, his longtime friend and head of his foundation, Jose Morales, said the forward "hopes to land with the Knicks."

The Lakers can't make an official amnesty move until Wednesday, and sources told ESPN Tuesday that the team hasn't made a decision. World Peace's camp told ESPN that the team also told them that no decision has been made.

Morales said World Peace would be "upset" if the Lakers amnesty him, and that he would even consider retirement if any team with room to fit him under the salary cap claimed him off waivers. Those teams would have the first opportunity to claim him.

"If the Lakers do amnesty him, he might want to retire," Morales said. "If one of these small-market teams picks him up, he won't be happy with that. He doesn't want to play there."

Morales said World Peace would also be open to playing for the Clippers, but if he can't stay in Los Angeles he would only want to play in New York, his hometown.

"If the Lakers amnesty him, he's going to have a point to prove that he can still be that player in New York," Morales said.

If World Peace ended up in New York, he would be an ideal candidate to start at small forward and play alongside Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks are in the market for a wing player who can defend and stretch the floor with 3-point shooting. World Peace, if available, would arguably be the best candidate to fill that role, and being that he's from the city, he would be an obvious choice.

Morales also said money is not a factor in World Peace's next destination, as he'll still get paid $7.7 million from the Lakers through the 2013-14 season if he's amnestied.

"Whatever he makes next is an added bonus," Morales said. "Playing with a team that has a chance with the championship would be even better. He loves the Knicks.

So he wants to play in NY, and he "loves the Knicks". He also is from NY, and doesn't want to play for a "small market team" (he wants to play for a legit contender). I see Brooklyn being in play, and he would make a great fit there imho.

Thanks for the info, good post!

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:30 PM
So he wants to play in NY, and he "loves the Knicks". He also is from NY, and doesn't want to play for a "small market team" (he wants to play for a legit contender). I see Brooklyn being in play, and he would make a great fit there imho.

Thanks for the info, good post!

I still don't think he would go to Brooklyn..just because Metta is Metta. I mean he mentioned the knicks for a reason

AI
07-09-2013, 09:31 PM
If he clears he's going to sign with the Knicks.

After the Knicks, World Peace's list of preferred destinations if he's amnestied includes the Clippers, Nets, Bulls, Heat, Thunder, Spurs, and Pacers, in that order, reports Sam Amick of USA Today. As Amick notes, the list reads like a who's-who of title contenders, and sends a message to teams with cap space that MWP isn't interested in being claimed by a non-contender.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 09:36 PM

That's cause they are already better than NYK. Why would Boston want Amare? They just got Humphries and Evans, they don't have a need for Amare. Amare has been in and out for nearly two years and just drains their salary cap. NYK could've went after Dwight but grabbing Amare prevents them from doing any of that.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
That's cause they are already better than NYK. Why would Boston want Amare? They just got Humphries and Evans, they don't have a need for Amare. Amare has been in and out for nearly two years and just drains their salary cap. NYK could've went after Dwight but grabbing Amare prevents them from doing any of that.

He has 2 years left on his contract? next year he will be a 23 million dollar expiring...thats a lot of cap space. its not hard to understand

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
He has 2 years left on his contract? next year he will be a 23 million dollar expiring...thats a lot of cap space. its not hard to understand

And out of all the available players, they'll take Amare.. Give me a break.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
And out of all the available players, they'll take Amare.. Give me a break.

again....expiring contract...they would take him for the contract not for his talents? you act like this has never happened before? Eddy Curry's expiring was traded to minnesota...Joe Johnson's contract was traded with multiple years left. There are tons of examples i could bring up these are just two

AI
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM

Only way the Celtics would be interested in Amare is if we gave up Shumpert and a few picks in the deal and took on the contracts of Bass, Lee and Wallace along with Rondo. I don't see a fit between the two teams as trade partners. NY would be better off being patient and going shopping in 2015.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Only way the Celtics would be interested in Amare is if we gave up Shumpert in the deal and took on the contracts of Bass, Lee and Wallace along with Rondo. I don't see a fit, would much rather that the Knicks be patient and go shopping in 2015.

This is the route i prefer as well..all i'm saying is that it is a possibility

AI
07-09-2013, 09:50 PM
This is the route i prefer as well..all i'm saying is that it is a possibility

No, it is not possible to turn Amare's expiring next year into Rondo.

I'm a Knicks fan, but that's just insane.

D-Leethal
07-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Cuban is the only guy I'm worried about. He is the only one who would take the chance at placing a pissed off Metta into his lockeroom.

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM

It's not about being better than the Knicks, its about being better than the other teams that you think have improved so drastically.

I didnt say anything about Amare, not sure why you're bringing him up.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM
again....expiring contract...they would take him for the contract not for his talents? you act like this has never happened before? Eddy Curry's expiring was traded to minnesota...Joe Johnson's contract was traded with multiple years left. There are tons of examples i could bring up these are just two

It does happen, then again anything can happen. Who is going to invest in Amare, he rarely played the past two seasons and when he did, he was nothing like his old self. As a NYK fan, you're entitled to believing things will get better but Boston is clearly tanking for the future. Young coach who needs 2-3 years, an absurd amount of future picks, and they don't seem interested in signing anyone right now.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 10:15 PM
It's not about being better than the Knicks, its about being better than the other teams that you think have improved so drastically.

I didnt say anything about Amare, not sure why you're bringing him up.

Replying to someone else with Amare comment but Miami is already the favorite again because of LeBron. It'll be tougher for them to win this year but they don't need to upgrades like NYK does. Miami is clearly the favorites next year and you can't deny that.

Captain Moroni
07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Knicks with Ron Artest are a very good team. He would start alongside Melo I believe. With Bargs and Amare off the bench.
Everyone keeps praising Brooklyn, who now have 5 guys demanding shots, didnt work in Los Angeles and it won't wor their either. Joe Johnson might be a worse contract than Amare.
Indiana gets a free pass, because they beat the Knicks in 6 but how exactly are they any better? Granger is a HUGE question mark. If we just assume he is back to his old form why not Amare as well? They lost Hansboro and totally overachieved last year.
Bulls got awesome contribution from Robinson and everyone again assumes that Rose is the same Rosť after missing the whole season.

I believe Bargs is going to shock everyone. Going from first option to 3 or 4 will be big. And the Knicks gave up nothing for him.

Kidd, Novak, Copeland, gone is laughable. Knicks are just being slapped around because they are the Knicks. Let the games begin.

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Replying to someone else with Amare comment but Miami is already the favorite again because of LeBron. It'll be tougher for them to win this year but they don't need to upgrades like NYK does. Miami is clearly the favorites next year and you can't deny that.

I'm not denying it. No one is. But you have to understand that teams dont only get better against your competition, if everyone else ends up being as good as you think they are then the Heat will have a much tougher road if they dont make any improvements.

Captain Moroni
07-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Would love to have him

Captain Moroni
07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm not denying it. No one is. But you have to understand that teams dont only get better against your competition, if everyone else ends up being as good as you think they are then the Heat will have a much tougher road if they dont make any improvements.

Miami is a great team, they will find a way to sign every vet that wants to win a ring before retiring.

cubs1st
07-09-2013, 10:28 PM
$23 million of expiring Amare and picks is not getting Rondo. The Warriors dumped $24 million along with two firsts and get basically nothing back, not a blue chipper like Rondo.

Captain Moroni
07-09-2013, 10:30 PM
$23 million of expiring Amare and picks is not getting Rondo. The Warriors dumped $24 million along with two firsts and get basically nothing back, not a blue chipper like Rondo.

I agree. Knicks do not have the pieces unless they are unloading Shumpert to start with...not gonna happen

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 10:30 PM

... If you know anything about Miami, you would know that Wade's health is their biggest concern right now. If Wade is healthy, Miami doesn't need much of an improvement. I know what you're trying to say. Yes, Miami will need to make improvements if they still plan on dominating. However, the fact that they are defending champions and have the greatest player in the world gives them that leverage that NYK doesn't have. NYK haven't gotten past the second round, completely different scenario. Furthermore, convincing players to play alongside Melo and NYK.co will be much tougher than it takes for Miami to convince players to come play with LeBron and Miami.co. Simply put, Miami doesn't have to make changes, they are still just as good if not better than everyone else. NYK are not just as good and are not better than Nets, Chicago, Pacers, or Miami.

Captain Moroni
07-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Celtics are going to demand something back worthwhile to their rebuilding efforts

AI
07-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Exactly. What that deal does though is offer hope that the Knicks will ultimately be able to find a suitor for Amare's expiring contract and be able to re-allocate that money towards someone else (much klike GS did by signing Iguodala).

cubs1st
07-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah that salary dump by the Warriors has lead to some nice moves in signing Iguodala and backups like Speights and Douglass.

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
... If you know anything about Miami, you would know that Wade's health is their biggest concern right now. If Wade is healthy, Miami doesn't need much of an improvement. I know what you're trying to say. Yes, Miami will need to make improvements if they still plan on dominating. However, the fact that they are defending champions and have the greatest player in the world gives them that leverage that NYK doesn't have. NYK haven't gotten past the second round, completely different scenario. Furthermore, convincing players to play alongside Melo and NYK.co will be much tougher than it takes for Miami to convince players to come play with LeBron and Miami.co. Simply put, Miami doesn't have to make changes, they are still just as good if not better than everyone else. NYK are not just as good and are not better than Nets, Chicago, Pacers, or Miami.

Im not talking about the Knicks, theres no point in you bringing them up. But since you keep bringing them up, you keep saying they arent as good as all of those teams, but the Knicks have in no way gotten worse since last year, they may even be a bit better than you, or most of the Knick detractors, think they will. But if the Knicks were the 2 seed, and there are 3 teams better than them now, the Heat definitely need to make improvements.

shep33
07-09-2013, 11:19 PM
He loves New York. If possible it'll be Brooklyn or the Knicks... Knicks 1st

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Im not talking about the Knicks, theres no point in you bringing them up. But since you keep bringing them up, you keep saying they arent as good as all of those teams, but the Knicks have in no way gotten worse since last year, they may even be a bit better than you, or most of the Knick detractors, think they will. But if the Knicks were the 2 seed, and there are 3 teams better than them now, the Heat definitely need to make improvements.

You don't make any sense. I brought up NYK, you brought up Miami. Two completely different cases because one team isn't winning and the other one is winning. You don't seem to get it. I never brought Miami to this discussion, they are excluded because they already have a team capable of winning - again. NYK have not won anything and haven't gotten any better this season that would allow me to say they are going to win. The Heat definitely need to make improvements. Guess what? 29 other teams could to. Every team could use an improvement, some not as much as the other. Furthermore, yes, Bulls, Pacers, and BKLYN are getting better because of huge changes. Are they still better than Miami? Nope. Are they better than NYK? Yes, because NYK haven't changed a thing.

NYKDynasty
07-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Exactly. What that deal does though is offer hope that the Knicks will ultimately be able to find a suitor for Amare's expiring contract and be able to re-allocate that money towards someone else (much klike GS did by signing Iguodala).

Simply put, all i'm saying is the people who say Amare's contract is unmoveable are wrong. All Contracts become moveable...as time ticks twoards 2015 amares contract will become more and more valuable and we will find a suitor

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 11:33 PM
There isn't any other team I would rather have Artest go to than NY.

BlahaTRUTH
07-10-2013, 12:40 AM
NY would obviously be awesome. I'd like to see Artest on the Wolves.

KnickaBocka.44
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
You don't make any sense. I brought up NYK, you brought up Miami. Two completely different cases because one team isn't winning and the other one is winning. You don't seem to get it. I never brought Miami to this discussion, they are excluded because they already have a team capable of winning - again. NYK have not won anything and haven't gotten any better this season that would allow me to say they are going to win. The Heat definitely need to make improvements. Guess what? 29 other teams could to. Every team could use an improvement, some not as much as the other. Furthermore, yes, Bulls, Pacers, and BKLYN are getting better because of huge changes. Are they still better than Miami? Nope. Are they better than NYK? Yes, because NYK haven't changed a thing.

The bolded is where you are making a huge mistake. They are capable of winning again, but they arent excluded from anything. You actually contradict yourself later in your post by saying they do need to make improvements. The Knicks made a major upgrade from Novak to Bargs, if you cant see that then you're blind.

Lakers Ghost
07-10-2013, 02:37 AM
So Metta World Peace has made it known that he would like to join my new york knicks if he clears amnesty waivers :cool:

now Metta is by no means a scrub, there could be a chance a team swipes him up before the knicks even get a shot at him. If so, will this happen? who are possible candidates to bid on Metta?

Discuss!

metta will clear waivers due to his personality issues but will contribute where he goes.

Lab Rat Robby
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
idk if the spurs have the cap space or the interest. but i know they can amnesty/trade bonner. and they have a need for a defensively gifted, hard workin' 3/4. and they love vets, especially vets with championship experience.

if mwp could be persuaded to play for a team other than the knicks/nets. i think it'd be the spurs.

AI
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
He still hasn't been amnestied correct? Maybe they changed their minds and decided to keep him.

NYKnickFanatic
07-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Well he just posted a pic of himself, on instagram, in a Knicks hat. Guess that means he is coming here, right guys? ;)

Rickety Cricket
07-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Have fun with Metta. Guy is terrible.

AI
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Have fun with Metta. Guy is terrible.

Thanks. Have fun with Dwight... Oh wait.

east fb knicks
07-10-2013, 04:57 PM
the lakers have until july 16 to amnesty metta

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah no team hopefully is stupid enough to claim Metta off of waivers when he has already said he will only play in New York.

There are a few teams, Orlando is one, Clippers in the past have been one, or Philadelphia, that are capable of doing something like this and dealing with an entire year or drama. They seem to enjoy the drama, or see it as a contest of wills between player and ownership, and have nothing to lose by flushing yet another crap season down the toilet.

Ironically I'd put the Knicks on that list as well, as we've seen them *wheeee* have a multi-year drama with Starbury just out of sheer spite and stubborness while they flushed a couple more crap seasons.

With all that being said, it is great for New York that Metta wants to go there. He can defend Bosh and he is a great defender on Lebron in a lot of spots, because he is one of the only players that stacks up against Lebron in terms of size, density and sheer physical strength. So, he is still an extremely valuable defender and will probably be the Knicks best defender on day 1. He also is underrated on offense, and can get hot and knock down a lot of shots sometimes. Would be fun to see him on the Knicks.

shep33
07-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Hasn't been amnestied yet. Maybe he won't be after all. Just signed Farmar, so I kinda don't get why we'd need Blake.

Why not just amnesty him?

GMpunk
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
i think mavz claim him

shep33
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Well he just posted a pic of himself, on instagram, in a Knicks hat. Guess that means he is coming here, right guys? ;)

HAha he was also wearing a Lakers shirt

GMpunk
07-10-2013, 05:40 PM
amnestied blake and sign Josh Selby

meloman1592
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM

we can judge that at the end of next season

GMpunk
07-10-2013, 05:45 PM
im not a big fan of metta...

GMpunk
07-10-2013, 05:53 PM
if i was the Lakers GM i would amnestied metta.... n trade blake for a SF (expiring)

ManRam
07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah no team hopefully is stupid enough to claim Metta off of waivers when he has already said he will only play in New York.

Sam Amick says that Artest has said that he'd be willing to play for the Knicks, Clipps, Nets, Bulls, Heat, Thunder, Spurs and Pacers...in order.

There are a few teams, Orlando is one, Clippers in the past have been one, or Philadelphia, that are capable of doing something like this and dealing with an entire year or drama. They seem to enjoy the drama, or see it as a contest of wills between player and ownership, and have nothing to lose by flushing yet another crap season down the toilet.

Why do you say those teams "enjoy" drama? Love to hear that explanation.

Ironically I'd put the Knicks on that list as well, as we've seen them *wheeee* have a multi-year drama with Starbury just out of sheer spite and stubborness while they flushed a couple more crap seasons.

The Knicks are clearly all in and since MWP would like to play there I don't think it's a huge risk at all. I think it would be a fine fit.

KnickaBocka.44
07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
HAha he was also wearing a Lakers shirt

I noticed that, I like that he was covering all his bases haha.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Why do you say those teams "enjoy" drama? Love to hear that explanation.

Sure. I say they love "drama" of the type we are discussing because they have frequently found a way to step in it and then just spend an entire season or multiple seasons rolling around in it and complaining to the media how much it smells and how bad it is.

Take the Clippers: they have had a number of weird contract scenarios in their history, with players and coaches and even a GM if I'm not mistaken, where they've forced somebody who publicly has said they don't want to be there to show up for work. This is kind of the Al Davis "keep Marcus Allen signed for 3 years and sit him on the bench for every game without playing him" kind of thing. See also: New York and Stephon Marbury.

Of course we saw Orlando go through two solid years of ridiculous drama with Dwight Howard, and then literally beg him for more and sign him to another max contract extension; once Dwight signed he immediately started pissing on them even harder then before and somehow somebody finally cried "uncle" and traded him to Los Angeles.

AND of course we've just seen Andrew Bynum make an absolute mockery of the Philadelphia 76rs for an entire solid year, and every day the team managers and coaches show up to take it in the face one more day, answering questions about whether Bynum will play today and what the outlook for the Bynum situation is.

So... yeah. I think I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by saying they "love it." That's probably the nicest way to frame it, that they are doing it to themselves on purpose.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
But yeah, the extended Bynum Bukkake session with the Philadelphia 76rs kind of took it to a whole new level.

So, just sayin', maybe you want to add Metta to the mix and he can trash your team, your system, your coach and all his teammates to the media every night and then go home and tweet about how the 76rs suck, and then everyday the coaches and the teammates can spend an hour commenting to the media about the situation.

I mean Bynum signing in Cleveland has left a huge hole for the 76rs, they need some fresh drama and *yayy* here is Metta just floating on waivers just DARING some team to take him and give him an excuse to Twitter them into the ground

ManRam
07-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Of course we saw Orlando go through two solid years of ridiculous drama with Dwight Howard, and then literally beg him for more and sign him to another max contract extension; once Dwight signed he immediately started pissing on them even harder then before and somehow somebody finally cried "uncle" and traded him to Los Angeles.

So, you have a sample size of ONE here, right? One.

I assure you, no one in this regime "loves" that. Remember, we have a new FO. Otis did everything and anything he could to convince Dwight to stay...because if he did then it meant Otis' jobs might be safe. Alex Martins was a part of that all but he's been pushed to a different role now. They went all in to keep Dwight and it failed. So be it.

Even still, one freaky Dwight Howard situation is a stupid reason to think a team would embrace a volatile player. I assure you Metta Ron Peace is the last thing the Magic are interested in. Literally the last player in the league they'd want.

NBA-GMaster
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Clippers would be the better choice than Knicks, He would have a chance to be a starter rather in NY with Melo, Bargnani/Stoudemire & Tyson on the starting lineup, got a better coach(Doc Rivers), got 2 allstar starters Paul and Griffin plus you dont have to pack your bags..

Sssmush
07-11-2013, 02:00 AM
So, you have a sample size of ONE here, right? One.

I assure you, no one in this regime "loves" that. Remember, we have a new FO. Otis did everything and anything he could to convince Dwight to stay...because if he did then it meant Otis' jobs might be safe. Alex Martins was a part of that all but he's been pushed to a different role now. They went all in to keep Dwight and it failed. So be it.

Even still, one freaky Dwight Howard situation is a stupid reason to think a team would embrace a volatile player. I assure you Metta Ron Peace is the last thing the Magic are interested in. Literally the last player in the league they'd want.

Ok.

Actually, it's a funny coincidence, because Orlando Magic became a franchise in 1989, so that means they've been around for 24 years. And so the two solid years of alternating Dwightmare and begging Dwight for more actually works out to 8% of the franchise's entire existence...

Coincidentally, 8% is roughly equal to the odds that the ESPN advanced stat experts are being pressured by their bosses to say the Houston Rockets have to win the title next year... Of course anybody who considers it closely wouldn't give Houston more than a 2% chance to win it all next year.

ikeryder13
07-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Metta's dad already said if he is amnestied he is gonna retire