PDA

View Full Version : Dubs sign Jermaine O'Neal, 1 year $2 million

Goose17
07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Courtesy of Chris Haynes/HoopsRumours

robbnen#31
07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Don't have a link but the ESPN update just came up on my phone.

Goose17
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh and for the record. This team is stacked.

MrfadeawayJB
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM
I like the additions you guys have. I do think it will be tough to replace jack and Landry, but an admirable job thus far

heemboyraz
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I just texted that to my brother lol I havent been so excited about the Dubs since.....ever. SHHHH just got real

Goose17
07-09-2013, 03:05 PM
I like the additions you guys have. I do think it will be tough to replace jack and Landry, but an admirable job thus far

You do or don't?

Surely you do.

We lost Jack, Landry, Rush, Biedrins, Jefferson

We gained Iguodala, Douglas, Speights, O'Neal, Nedovic.

Defensively Iggy > Jack and Rush combined. And his offense has gone down hill but he still has a half decent jumper if we need it, truth is we didn't need any more shooters though we needed an athletic guy that could attack the rim, job done.

Defensively, Douglas > Jack.

Speights > Landry in every way, they're pretty much equal in defense, Speights might have a slight edge but they both suck defensively. Speights has more range though for a big guy.

O'Neal and Nedovic should be nice players for the minutes they'll cover.

Biedrins and Jefferson could have been replaced with this dog;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-iEVK_Yf0

ESaady
07-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Liking this offseason a lot.

lol, please
07-09-2013, 07:30 PM
:dance:

lincecum=future
07-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Speights is comparable or better than Landry in everything except basketball IQ. And probably regular IQ if you ever seen the dudes twitter.

Absolutely love this move though. Just what we needed with the question mark of Ezeli

MackShock
07-09-2013, 07:59 PM
dubs are no longer the laughing stock and is now a free agent destination... can't believe it

lol, please
07-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Mackshock is late. We made the playoffs last season iirc. ;)

TrueFan420
07-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Rounding out the bench nicely

lincecum=future
07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
But seriously Signing decent role players to short cheap contracts? It's like I don't even know this team anymore

MackShock
07-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Mackshock is late. We made the playoffs last season iirc. ;)

we dont have to overpay for ppl to come here anymore..we got free agents begging bob myers for a shot

steveweve
07-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Warriors will be ballin' on Nba 2k14

king4day
07-09-2013, 08:50 PM
O'Neal was our second best player last year after Dragic. Def our best big man. Couldn't believe we didn't deal him at the deadline. This is a major value deal for you guys. Defense off the bench and he can still make younger bigs look like his *****.
Enjoy and good luck!

Cyclops
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Cyclops Approves. Well done, Bob Myers.

tredigs
07-09-2013, 09:09 PM
O'Neal was our second best player last year after Dragic. Def our best big man. Couldn't believe we didn't deal him at the deadline. This is a major value deal for you guys. Defense off the bench and he can still make younger bigs look like his *****.
Enjoy and good luck!

Boner.

We are contenders if this squad makes it to the post-season alive, folks.

MackShock
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Cyclops Approves. Well done, Bob Myers.

get your head out your butt.

Leandres_sf
07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
What an offseason, this team is stacked! Great starting 5 and now plenty if bench depth!!

MrfadeawayJB
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM

You do or don't?

Surely you do.

We lost Jack, Landry, Rush, Biedrins, Jefferson

We gained Iguodala, Douglas, Speights, O'Neal, Nedovic.

Defensively Iggy > Jack and Rush combined. And his offense has gone down hill but he still has a half decent jumper if we need it, truth is we didn't need any more shooters though we needed an athletic guy that could attack the rim, job done.

Defensively, Douglas > Jack.

Speights > Landry in every way, they're pretty much equal in defense, Speights might have a slight edge but they both suck defensively. Speights has more range though for a big guy.

O'Neal and Nedovic should be nice players for the minutes they'll cover.

Biedrins and Jefferson could have been replaced with this dog;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-iEVK_Yf0

On paper it looks better. Landry and jack both were vital last season and made big shots/plays.

One concern I had was toughness trading away jack/Landry but with a healthy bogut and the addition of oneal they should be tough

Scoots
07-09-2013, 10:16 PM
I am still not certain the coaching staff can keep the psyche of the team in as good a shape as it was last year with so many players who expect to play, but there is no doubt O'Neal could be a significant contributor.

tredigs
07-09-2013, 10:16 PM
On paper it looks better. Landry and jack both were vital last season and made big shots/plays.

One concern I had was toughness trading away jack/Landry but with a healthy bogut and the addition of oneal they should be tough

Not sure what you mean by toughness, but neither were good defenders. The bench is FAR better than last year, and the starting lineup was bolstered as well.

4GiantWarrior9
07-10-2013, 01:48 AM
I am still not certain the coaching staff can keep the psyche of the team in as good a shape as it was last year with so many players who expect to play, but there is no doubt O'Neal could be a significant contributor.

i totally agree with this statement especially with Malone gone, we'll have to see and I find out but in Mark Jackson I trust...I love the additions the FO has made, very key p/u's...I love that we got some prime defenders on this team for once compare to the Nelly days

bigmac8675
07-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Love it! This team just keeps building up to be better and better with our depth!

PatelJ1010
07-10-2013, 04:07 AM
So hear is my thinking after all these moves we made:

Here is my starting lineup
PG- Curry
SG- Iguadola
SF- Barnes
PF- Lee
C- Bogut

Bench unit #1
PG- Douglas
SG- Thompson
SF- Green
PF- Speights
C - O'Neal (until Festus Ezeli returns)

Bench Unit #2
PG- Nedovic (His role could be mixed with Douglas)
SG- Bazemore (Best Bench Warmer Cheerleader ever)
SF- Murray
PF- D-Leaguer
C - D-Leaguer

So unless they waive someone from Non-Guarantee roster spots (Bazemore, Murray, Machado) I expect this to be the lineup. I hoping we make one more move like another Center to help back up O'Neal if Bogut gets hurt.

Scoots
07-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Your roster doesn't include Ezeli as the 14th guy. Even injured he takes a roster spot

eDush
08-04-2013, 08:11 PM

No one can replace Jack on this team but I live the veteran leadership of O'Neal more than what he can provide on the court. Vets are what this team needs now to get over the hump of being too young. Forget the upcoming draft for more rookies, we got enough of them.

Scoots
08-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Curry is a vet now, as is Iggy and Bogut and Lee. There is only 1 rookie on the current extended roster and he's unlikely to get much if any time on the floor.

likemystylez
08-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Curry is a vet now, as is Iggy and Bogut and Lee. There is only 1 rookie on the current extended roster and he's unlikely to get much if any time on the floor.

I dont think he literally meant rookies- He meant to say we have enough players lacking significant experience. Guys like Thompson, Curry, Green, Ezeli, Barnes are all still developing their nba games. They arent rookies- but they perovide the team with its share of youth