PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Bulls rank in the east this coming season?

InYoBicCuddy
07-09-2013, 09:55 AM
with the return of a healthy rose(lemme do this for u before trolls start: "blah blah he should have come back last year" "he was never injured" "he quit on his team" blah blah)where do u see this team next season?

I think they are a definitely shoe in for one of the top 3 seeds in the east next year, and i have them either at the 2 or 3 seed, maybe more likely they finish second as they always go all out in the regular season. as "all star" carlos boozer was quoted as saying when they were knocked out of the playoffs by the sixers a year ago:

"I thought I played well, especially with the kind of season it was," Boozer said, when asked to assess his second season in Chicago. "We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that's all that matters, yo."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/carlos-boozer-tells-everyone-really-matters-nba-214419522.html

maybe the regular season is all that matters for the bulls and their front office :shrug:

in terms of the teams in the east, i have them ranked 3rd.

im not all that convinced that they can beat the pacers just yet, especially without us knowing whether rose will return to all star form next season. and even if he does, with the pacers defense, and the bulls lack of offensive options, and return of granger, i dont think it would be unfair to say that the pacers could very well take them out in 6 or 7 games

even with a fully healthy rose, even if they pass the pacers, they certainly wont beat the heat. winning just 1 game the last time both teams faced off in the playoffs, and barely improving their roster since, i dont see them beating them either

the 2013 bulls have the same issue the 2010 bulls had : a lack of a second option. and in the playoffs, that just doesnt cut it.

while derrick rose has shown to be a superstar, he cannot do it alone. he over his past two seasons, has become somewhat of a volume shooter, do to the lack of ability of his teammates to create for themselves. in his last 2 playoffs, he has managed to shoot amazingly: sub 40% from the field and averaging over 23 shot attempts (i always thought he and monta ellis looked alike, maybe they are related?)

and with players like luol deng on the wing, shooting sub 43% for the past two seasons, and the removal of nate robinson, probably the only other guard on their team who had an ability to somewhat create for themselves, i dont see rose becoming more efficient.

not to mention lack of a bench, with holes at the backup 2 guard, point, and center positions, joahim noah hasnt been fully healthy for any playoff series for them over the past 3 years, and has managed to play a maximum of 64 games over the past 5 seasons, and no help in sight for the bulls as they prepare to ride out this roster and hope to land one of 2014's luxorious free agents

including:

lebron
melo
90 year old kobe
90 year old dirk
90 year old gasol

restricted free agents:

demarcus cousins

paul george

i think it is within reason to believe the bulls finish as a top 2-3 seed, and a 2nd round or ecf exit, barring a move by their front office to acquire some help.

what are your thoughts on the bulls?