PDA

View Full Version : From Dwight Howard's point-of-view

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 02:40 AM
there's been a lot of article about Howard from the analyzing/critiquing Howard based on the PERCEPTION the writer has about Howard. Here's an article about Howard's decision based on an interview with Howard:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/07/dwight-howard-its-a-clean-slate-for-me-its-a-fresh-start/

Rockets’ history, culture enticed Howard

Dwight Howard prayed. He needed just one more push, one more reason. He needed a sign.

Howard had a decision to make. Time was running out. He wanted it to feel right. For all the information gleaned from all those meetings in Los Angeles, all the travails along the way to this moment, and all the arguments careening in his head, he just needed something, one last piece of evidence, to be at peace with his choice.

“It was on the Fourth of July,” Howard said. “That’s when I felt it was Houston. I was in Colorado. It seemed like every person that I met was from Houston. It was just so ironic. I’d walk around. Someone would ask for a picture. They’d give me a business card and it would say Houston on it. I was like, ‘Is everybody in Colorado from Houston right now?’ It was unbelievable.

“I was like, ‘You know what, this has to be from God.’ You pray for things to happen. You pray for signs, for God to show you things. It just seemed like, this was it.”

A day after his decision was final, Howard was as relieved as Rockets general manager Daryl Morey was elated, as content as he could have imagined. The tough part — the decision and the conversations that followed when he told representatives of the Mavericks, Hawks, Warriors and especially the Lakers — was over. The anxiety of his controversial, injury-marred final season in Orlando and subsequent frustrating one in Los Angeles was behind him.

He felt empowered to have made the choice that he considered best for him, rather than to please others. He finally had no second thoughts, no regrets.

While much has been made of the state of the Rockets a year ago, clearing out the roster for the moves they hoped would come, Howard was coming off back surgery, confined almost entirely to a bed or recliner, venturing out only for a one-block walk around his hotel home. But he, too, was making plans.

“When I had the back surgery, the one thing I kept envisioning was holding up that (championship) trophy,” Howard said. “Every day in the gym, before I even got an opportunity to run, I just envisioned myself holding that trophy. That’s what gave me the drive to want to get up and get back to basketball. Even though physically, I might not have been all the way there, I wanted to get back into it so bad.

“For the first four months I couldn’t do anything but lay on my back and walk. I watched as the Heat won and I sat in that room. I was just so upset. I just hated that taste, that bad taste of getting to the Finals and watching somebody else win. I wanted to win.”

Shot at titles was key

To Howard, no consideration meant more to him when he weighed his options this week than “championship potential.” He had been moved by the conversations with Hakeem Olajuwon and excited by the plan described by Kevin McHale. He said his private conversation with Rockets owner Leslie Alexander might have meant more than even all the talks with Chandler Parsons and James Harden. But the greatest issue, he said, was the chance to win championships.

When the Finals ended this season, Parsons watched the Heat celebrate and sent Howard a text that read, “Come to Houston. That could be us.” Howard, however, said that he could not stand watching another championship won by another team.

“What he said, he was on point,” Howard said. “But I tried not to watch the Finals because it (ticked) me off to the point I would get mad, start crying. I was so upset because I worked extremely hard. I’ve been to the Finals. I’ve tasted it. I’ve seen that trophy. I’ve been four games away from winning a championship. It hurt to watch other people win. I was like, ‘Man, I hate to see other people win this championship.’ I’m so passionate about it. When he said that, I know he wants to win, but if there’s anybody that wants the trophy it’s me.

“The biggest thing was a championship potential. I watched the team after we got out of the playoffs. I looked at their team. I looked at a couple teams. Their team just stood out. I think this is the best fit for me as far as playing basketball. I’m looking forward to it.”

Olajuwon offers praise

Howard had gotten the feeling that in Houston, he would be welcomed to the club of great big men, from Elvin Hayes to Moses Malone, Ralph Sampson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming. Olajuwon’s influence was especially crucial. Howard has worked with Olajuwon in past offseasons and will again, and while he hopes to be able to mimic some of Olajuwon’s moves and success, he had the impression down.

“It meant a lot, just having Hakeem show up from Jordan,” Howard said. “He’s a great guy. We’ve had opportunities in the past to get together. He’s been one of my biggest supporters. I really thank Hakeem. I trust his judgment. I trust a lot of things he says. He’s been good from the first day he talked to my mom and said he wanted to work with me. I would work out with him and he would do a move and I would do a move and instead of the hook shot, I would dunk it and he would jump up and down and scream and say, “Oooh, you do my move better than me. Dwight, you have to do this in a game.’ We would just laugh. It was so great to be around him.

“I’m looking forward to having him and Kevin McHale push me. When I sat down with Kevin, he reminded me a lot of the drive of Clifford Ray (a former Magic assistant coach) when Clifford Ray was my big man coach. He pushed me to the limit every day and then I worked out. He always said, ‘I’m going to kick your (butt)’ and at the end of the day give you a hug.’ ”

Putting egos aside

Howard’s NBA career was blossoming then, long before his uncertainty about remaining in Orlando and the backlash from effort to join Kobe Bryant’s Lakers. In Houston, he said he can be himself again. He felt accepted from the friendships with Parsons and Harden, including Friday’s visit with Harden to plot their future together, and from the knowledge of the Rockets’ long pursuit of him.

“Even sitting down with James last night, we had an opportunity to talk about us winning the championship and how it’s important that we, as leaders of the team, are on the same page and of one accord. Everybody else will fall in line. It starts with me and him. We took the egos out of it and we’ll have a great season.

“I chose to go to Houston. I wasn’t traded. I was just like I had an opportunity to do something for myself and it wasn’t anybody’s else’s choice. It wasn’t a friend or fans or based off anybody but myself. In Orlando, I wanted to do everything for everybody else and I wasn’t happy inside with what I did. I just wanted to see everybody else happy. This time, I wanted to make myself happy and get back to being who I am, being Dwight, having fun and being happy.

“I’m just looking forward to this opportunity. It’s a clean slate for me. It’s a fresh start. It’s like I get a second chance at this. I’m looking forward to coming to Houston and making a big impact throughout the city. I love dealing with people. I love having fun. I’m looking forward to meshing with the city, getting out there. I know I’ve gotten a bad rep for a lot of things. I would say 95 percent of that stuff is false. I want to show people who Dwight Howard really is. I genuinely love being around people and giving people joy. I look forward to giving people a lot of joy, a lot of smiles and a lot of wins.”

Bruno
07-09-2013, 02:43 AM
so he picked houston because he met a lot of people in colorodo on the 4th of july who were from houston? :clap:

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Dwight Coward ladies and gentlemen. :clap::clap:

LakersMaster24
“I was like, ‘You know what, this has to be from God.’ You pray for things to happen. You pray for signs, for God to show you things. It just seemed like, this was it.”

:laugh:

LakersMaster24
Glad Dwight decided to join the best franchise in sports though!

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 02:50 AM

Glad Dwight decided to join the best franchise in sports though!

are you a Rockets' fan or a Lakers' fan? I am so confused :confused: or a Dwight Howard fan? lol

so he picked houston because he met a lot of people in colorodo on the 4th of july who were from houston? :clap:

butthurt people will stay butthurt :shrug: Dwight Howard never said he wanted to play for the Lakers anyways. The Lakers took a gamble on him (assuming he would want to stay with the team since...you know...they're the Lakers) when they traded for him and they lost the gamble. they have no one to blame but themselves for trading for a player that has one year left on the contract without previously getting a verbal agreement from the player that he would resign.

btw...why aren't anyone butthurt about Antwan Jamison "betraying" the Lakers by jumping ship to rival Clippers?

BenFrank
07-09-2013, 02:58 AM
It's funny how people are so quick to take things out of context because they have so much hatred for a person they do not know, and will problably never see in there life.. smh

all the travails along the way to this moment, and all the arguments careening in his head, he just needed something, one last piece of evidence, to be at peace with his choice.

If u forgot about this sentence, understand choosing the Rockets was a decision that was already made..
He needed one more sign that would make him comfortable of leaving 30 Mil on the Table and the LA Lakers, this GREAT storied franchise.. Don't b butthurt about it, lol..

goku
07-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Where Is the Antwan Jamison slander laker fans ???

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 03:06 AM
All that said, Dwight said yesterday to Stephen A Smith that if Phil Jackson was the coach, he would still be a Laker. Regardless of the roster situation. Hard to know what's true and what's not.

I don't like hipocrates though. Dwight can't claim to be a man of "God" and have 5 kids from 4 women. I don't think Dwight got a sign from anybody. He knew where he wanted to go and he went. Its that simple. No need to make it seem like there was some type of divine intervention.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 03:08 AM
All that said, Dwight said yesterday to Stephen A Smith that if Phil Jackson was the coach, he would still be a Laker. Regardless of the roster situation. Hard to know what's true and what's not.

I don't like hipocrates though. Dwight can't claim to be a man of "God" and have 5 kids from 4 women. I don't think Dwight got a sign from anybody. He knew where he wanted to go and he went. Its that simple. No need to make it seem like there was some type of divine intervention.

he's only human. no one's perfect. i'm Buddhist and i eat meat :shrug: and i'm sure there are many other Christians out there who don't do everything they're suppose to do.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 03:16 AM
he's only human. no one's perfect. i'm Buddhist and i eat meat :shrug: and i'm sure there are many other Christians out there who don't do everything they're suppose to do.

Of course nobody is perfect. But when people wear their faith on their sleeve and are always talking about how they are men of whatever God they believe in, meanwhile living a life that totally contradicts that I don't like it. I didn't like that Kobe simingly found faith when he was in trouble 10 years ago. I don't like that Evander was a "holy man" and had so many children that he did not care for. And same with Dwight. Or how Mark Jackson preaches holier than thou as a pastor while cheating on his wife. Just a pet peave of mine. No big deal.

Aust
07-09-2013, 03:18 AM
He was a FA and made his decision. Can we leave him alone?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Where Is the Antwan Jamison slander laker fans ???

Why would we care that he is gone? He's no good.

UPRock
07-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Question though, since we know the astronomical numbers against our universe surviving the initial big bang, and the subsequent fine tuned forces that allow the universe to flourish, I would assume you believe in the multi verse theory am I correct?

No you silly! We actually live in the Pokemon world, we were Mankey's before, then we evolved into Primeapes and soon we're going to evolve into another pokemon, we're just wating for Arceus to come to the Earth and save us.

Teeboy1487
Why are we sign talking about this guy? Put this is the Rockets forum.

Chuck Taylor
From Akeem the Dream to the Dwightmare.....good luck Astros....haha

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 03:38 AM
Question. If we take Howard for his word, he would be a Laker right now if Phil was his coach. So does that mean he does not want to win a championship? Cause everyone agrees the Rockets have a better roster right? Does it mean that he could play with Kobe? Does it mean that him seeing Jesus in a bowl of soup would not have persuaded him to leave? I'm just trying to put the story together because all I have heard was that the Rockets were a better situation, he can't stand Kobe, and he wants a ring.

But by his recent comments, all he wanted was for the Lakers to hire who he wanted and he would have stayed. But that's not a sexy story so lets hide that one.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Question. If we take Howard for his word, he would be a Laker right now if Phil was his coach. So does that mean he does not want to win a championship? Cause everyone agrees the Rockets have a better roster right? Does it mean that he could play with Kobe? Does it mean that him seeing Jesus in a bowl of soup would not have persuaded him to leave? I'm just trying to put the story together because all I have heard was that the Rockets were a better situation, he can't stand Kobe, and he wants a ring.

But by his recent comments, all he wanted was for the Lakers to hire who he wanted and he would have stayed. But that's not a sexy story so lets hide that one.

he wants to win a championship and Phil Jackson was the man behind over 50% of the championships this past 20 years and he believes playing for the mastermind behind so many championships will give him to best chance to win and for that, he will put up with Kobe....sooo yeeea...he's pretty consistent with his comments. i'm not sure what you're getting at. you're trying REALLY hard to twist Howard's words to make him look like a hypocrite. and imo, all you're doing is making yourself look more butthurt by putting so much thought into how to make Howard look bad.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 03:51 AM
The butt-hurt is strong with this Astros fan.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 03:54 AM
The butt-hurt is strong with this Astros fan.

wrong forum. since i'm a nice guy, i'll point you to the right direction: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Houston-Astros :)

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 04:06 AM
he wants to win a championship and Phil Jackson was the man behind over 50% of the championships this past 20 years and he believes playing for the mastermind behind so many championships will give him to best chance to win and for that, he will put up with Kobe....sooo yeeea...he's pretty consistent with his comments. i'm not sure what you're getting at. you're trying REALLY hard to twist Howard's words to make him look like a hypocrite. and imo, all you're doing is making yourself look more butthurt by putting so much thought into how to make Howard look bad.

I'm not trying to twist his words. I am glad he said what he said. I am pointing out that the real reason he left has nothing to do with what you and others have tried to insinuate.

I have seen you say he could not play with a "dick like Kobe". If that were true don't you think that Dwight would be out no matter who the coach is? Dwight squashes that theory and all others out the window by admitting he did not want to play with a team that did not aquiess to his demands.

Why are you so intent on believing that every Laker fan is "butthurt"? My post reflected nothing of the sort unless you were actively seeking that conclusion to justify a preconcieved notion that Laker fans feel like the world is ending. Which its not.

I like Dwight. Not from his Laker days but from his dunk contest Orlando days. I hope he gets back to that. Because the player that we saw last year gave us the reason to feel we did not miss out on much. And I know he is so much more

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 04:07 AM
wrong forum. since i'm a nice guy, i'll point you to the right direction: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Houston-Astros :)

He is emulating what Phil Jackson said about Dwight going to Houston fwiw

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm not trying to twist his words. I am glad he said what he said. I am pointing out that the real reason he left has nothing to do with what you and others have tried to insinuate.

I have seen you say he could not play with a "dick like Kobe". If that were true don't you think that Dwight would be out no matter who the coach is? Dwight squashes that theory and all others out the window by admitting he did not want to play with a team that did not aquiess to his demands.

Why are you so intent on believing that every Laker fan is "butthurt"? My post reflected nothing of the sort unless you were actively seeking that conclusion to justify a preconcieved notion that Laker fans feel like the world is ending. Which its not.

I like Dwight. Not from his Laker days but from his dunk contest Orlando days. I hope he gets back to that. Because the player that we saw last year gave us the reason to feel we did not miss out on much. And I know he is so much more

i can never understand why, to Lakers' fans, Kobe is immune to criticism. Kobe and Howard's rocky relationship is widely documented. Kobe's rocky relationship with other players is widely documented. Phil Jackson himself said so in his book when he compared Kobe to MJ. and Dwight Howard believed playing for the mastermind behind over half the championships this past 2 decades give him the best chance of winning the championship so for that, he would put up with Kobe. with how little talent the Lakers team have, and without this mastermind at the helm, Howard doesn't believe the Lakers have what it takes to win the championship and see no reason to put up with Kobe so he left. simple as that. it's nothing about him not being happy that the team isn't doing what he wants to do and this is HIS way of retaliating vs the team.

He is emulating what Phil Jackson said about Dwight going to Houston fwiw

i know. i was playing dumb with him.

LakersMaster24
07-09-2013, 04:11 AM
i know. i was playing dumb with him.

You don't have to play.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:15 AM
You don't have to play.

Quemarrrrrrrrrrrr.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:16 AM
You don't have to play.

says the "basketball fan" who doesn't know the difference between the Rockets and the Astros. looks more like a bandwagoner to me.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:17 AM
says the "basketball fan" who doesn't know the difference between the Rockets and the Astros. more like a bandwagoner to me.

This makes no sense.

sunsfan88
07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
LOL at this new Rockets fans-Lakers fans rivalry.

I hate how now that Rockets got Dwight, their fans are all starting to post in the NBA forum while before there was never Rockets fans around in the NBA forum. What made them come here now?

LakersMaster24
07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
says the "basketball fan" who doesn't know the difference between the Rockets and the Astros. looks more like a bandwagoner to me.

Wut.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:23 AM

I hate how now that Rockets got Dwight, their fans are all starting to post in the NBA forum while before there was never Rockets fans around in the NBA forum. What made them come here now?

there hasn't been any new Rockets fans. every Rockets fans that's been posting has been on the forum for awhile. so many Rockets fans are posting in the main forum cause people feel the need to defend Howard vs all the butthurt Lakers fans are exhibiting.

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2013, 04:30 AM
He should grow some balls

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 04:42 AM
i can never understand why, to Lakers' fans, Kobe is immune to criticism. Kobe and Howard's rocky relationship is widely documented. Kobe's rocky relationship with other players is widely documented. Phil Jackson himself said so in his book when he compared Kobe to MJ.

So Shaq and Dwight have no blame in their disputes at all? Shaq who bad mouths everyone and had to leave Orlando and Penny because he did not like all the pub that he was getting? Kobe was 19. Shaq was 28. Who should have been the bigger man?
And Dwight, who is notoriously a person that does not like criticism? Kobe called him out for making impressions behind his back to his teammates. Who is at fault there? The guy who goes to the other guys face and says "if you have something to say, say it to my face" Or the guy that acts like a child and is passive aggressive by mimicking the other guy when he is not in the room.

Kobe called him out for not trying to play through pain and not playing hard enough. So did Steve Nash and Nash is the biggest team guy there is. Dwight did not give his all for the first half of the season. As soon as he was called out, he averaged 16 boards a game.

and Dwight Howard believed playing for the mastermind behind over half the championships this past 2 decades give him the best chance of winning the championship so for that, he would put up with Kobe.
Has Dwight said this? Only thing that I have heard Dwight say is that Kobe's words to him were twisted around in the last meeting. Prove otherwise

with how little talent the Lakers team have,

That's just ignorant.

and without this mastermind at the helm, Howard doesn't believe the Lakers have what it takes to win the championship and see no reason to put up with Kobe so he left. simple as that.

Prove it.

it's nothing about him not being happy that the team isn't doing what he wants to do and this is HIS way of retaliating vs the team.

Well, since he did not play as hard as he could, and then admitted that he would have stayed if they gave him the coach he asked for, I think its safe to say that he did not get his way and pouted about it all year.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:49 AM
So Shaq and Dwight have no blame in their disputes at all? Shaq who bad mouths everyone and had to leave Orlando and Penny because he did not like all the pub that he was getting? Kobe was 19. Shaq was 28. Who should have been the bigger man?
And Dwight, who is notoriously a person that does not like criticism? Kobe called him out for making impressions behind his back to his teammates. Who is at fault there? The guy who goes to the other guys face and says "if you have something to say, say it to my face" Or the guy that acts like a child and is passive aggressive by mimicking the other guy when he is not in the room.

I'm just sayin'...there's a common denominator. Dwight and Shaq aren't the only ex teammates of Kobe's that had problems with him either. why is it that Kobe can't do no wrong to you people?

Has Dwight said this? Only thing that I have heard Dwight say is that Kobe's words to him were twisted around in the last meeting. Prove otherwise

Google. Their rocky relationship is widely documented. I'm just filling in the gaps with the information given like what you're trying to do.

That's just ignorant.

if all the players were in their prime...the Lakers would be THE most talented team in the NBA. At their current age and health, the Lakers are far from being considered a talented team.

Prove it.

see above.

Well, since he did not play as hard as he could, and then admitted that he would have stayed if they gave him the coach he asked for, I think its safe to say that he did not get his way and pouted about it all year.

i think health has more to do with it than anything.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm just sayin'...there's a common denominator. Dwight and Shaq aren't the only ex teammates of Kobe's that had problems with him either. why is it that Kobe can't do no wrong to you people?

So..... are you going to answer my questions? All anyone has said about Dwight and Kobe is that Dwight did not want to be second fiddle for 3 more years. Does that sound like its a conflict between them? Who else did Kobe not get along with? I'll give you Smush Parker. Pau loves Kobe. Lamar almost had a nervous breakdown when he got traded. He still hasn't recovered. Metta loves Kobe. What other players have had an issue with Kobe? Please enlighten me.

Google. Their rocky relationship is widely documented. I'm just filling in the gaps with the information given like what you're trying to do.

So Kobe telling Dwight that if he came to the Lakers, he would be the third option on offense is wrong? Dwight is not better than Kobe and Pau offensively. Kobe telling Dwight to not talk about him behind his back, Kobe telling Dwight to get on the court, and Kobe not telling fans to back off Dwight because he is playing hurt is what I got from my Google search. But I already knew all that. If Dwight had issues with that, that's a Dwight problem.

if all the players were in their prime...the Lakers would be THE most talented team in the NBA. At their current age and health, the Lakers are far from being considered a talented team.

Gotcha. But if they are even semi healthy, they will have a better record than last year. The Lakers had the worse year injury wise is league history. I don't think they get bit like that twice. Plus Dwight's advanced numbers are equal to Samuel Dalembert last year. Sam may have had the better year on a per minute basis.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=howardw01&y1=2013&p2=dalemsa01&y2=2013

see above.

Seen it. Still need proof

i think health has more to do with it than anything.

Would agree. But if it was really just health, his play and production would not all of a sudden jump up after he gets called out. If it was just health, he would have been called out and not have been able to do anything about it.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:11 AM

I've always posted here. Ask Knicks fans, I'm usually churning up a rivarly with them.

But now that I was proven SO damn right about Amare Stoudamire, it's back to the Lakers. Rockets fans have always had a rivalry with the Lakers if you ask me. Back to when Yao got hurt and we took them to game 7 (and should have whipped that *** lol damn Yao). Rockets fans hate Kobe Bryant, and ya'll call Dwight a bad teammate.

Sssmush
07-09-2013, 05:13 AM
I knew 99% for sure that Dwight was leaving when the story that Kobe had challenged Dwight and offered to teach him how to win championships came out. That story was allegedly "leaked" and I immediately knew then that Dwight was almost certain to leave.

First off, if the story was leaked that had to be from Dwight's camp. So... if Dwight was considering staying, or even had any real respect for the Lakers, that would never have been leaked from the meeting. (in fact Dwight must've told an acquaintance who then "leaked" the story to a reporter). If Dwight had any intention of staying with the Lakers, he would never have let that story out--because it is slightly embarassing for him, that Kobe was talking down to him and was being more alpha. So if Dwight was going to stay he would've just took his medicine and shown up for work; the fact that he publicized that particular detail meant that he was using it to show that "see, Kobe is really arrogant and hard to get along with" and to use that as an excuse, painting a picture of being unhappy in Los Angeles.

so, if you put yourself in Dwight's shoes and imagine how he felt, it's easy to see that the "Kobe offers to teach Dwight how to win titles" story would never EVER have been leaked by Dwight or his camp unless Dwight was 100% sure that he was leaving. So that's how I knew. Of course in retrospect Dwight was probably 100% gone back in December or January; whether it was before or after the legendary team meeting is unknown but it's pretty clear that Dwight was faking everything--every smile, every interview, every game--all year, and that he's actually been "gone" for 7+ months.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:18 AM
I've always posted here. Ask Knicks fans, I'm usually churning up a rivarly with them.

But now that I was proven SO damn right about Amare Stoudamire, it's back to the Lakers. Rockets fans have always had a rivalry with the Lakers if you ask me. Back to when Yao got hurt and we took them to game 7 (and should have whipped that *** lol damn Yao). Rockets fans hate Kobe Bryant, and ya'll call Dwight a bad teammate.

Shouldn't a rivalry be a two way thing? I know Laker fans and Celtic fans have one. But the Lakers cant have a rivalry with every team that does not like them. They cant be a rival with the Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Kings. Blazers etc.

naps
07-09-2013, 05:26 AM
I am just glad that the Dwightmare finally has ended and he seems to be finally happy. Really wanna see the Dwight of Orlando back on court. Another exciting team to keep a close eye on- Can't wait for the next season!

Reading some of these bitter comments here is pretty comical! Keep up the madness and new-found hatred Lakers fans!

Chuck Taylor
07-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Houston Asstros..................:laugh:

Chuck Taylor
07-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Even better......Houston Asstrolls..........:laugh::laugh:

ldawg
07-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Sound more to me like he just wana have fun. Dude is prime madonna. Dude for the last three years you played like i dont want to be here right now. Stop your BS dont bring god into your punk ways. Just be a man and say the truth. They did not bend over for me and i dont like that. I wana have fun, i just wana i just wana have fun.

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 07:56 AM

loool imagine if he met some people from charlotte :facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
07-09-2013, 08:17 AM
No one cares. im glad all this drama is over for another 4 years.

ldawg
07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
No one cares. im glad all this drama is over for another 4 years.Its not over this is only the beginning all eyes will be on this prime madonna.

D1JM
07-09-2013, 09:32 AM
loool imagine if he met some people from charlotte :facepalm:

:laugh: Dwight

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 10:12 AM
No one cares. im glad all this drama is over for another 4 years.

If everything goes his way (which I doubt) yes, if not, look for him to demand a trade once again, rockets fans seem to not really care about that but this is real, this guy can't handle any adversity.

Its not over this is only the beginning all eyes will be on this prime madonna.

This.

Htownballa1622
07-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Not true. I love how you post in anything Rockets related trying to stir **** up.

tr3ymill3r
07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
He who is without sin cast out the first stone. Laker fans are just butthurt and they will continue to bring this up for the next 15 years because it's the first time they have been broken up with. You always remember your first.

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 10:40 AM

That's what I don't get. Dwight makes fun of Kobe behind his back and it's hey no big deal just having fun. Kobe challenges Dwight to give his all but he's a dick.

Kobe is not easy to play with even die hard Laker fans would admit that but based on what I've read on this Howard thing Kobe is being portrayed as a locker room cancer.

PhillyFaninLA
07-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Sour Grapes ladies and gentlemen. :clap::clap:

shep33
07-09-2013, 11:00 AM
He quit on us last year. No question about that

J4KOP99
07-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Lol. He got a bunch of business cards while in aspen, and all of those cards had Houston on it... And that is what made him sign with the rockets.

This guy is even crazier than I thought.

-I also find it extremely hard to believe that there are more people from Houston than Los Angeles in aspen, co. Sounds like more ******** from Dwight haha

-oh and why do we take Dwight's word on this but then when he comes out in public and says Kobe was not the reason he left, we still blame Kobe for being an *******? Get your story straight astro fans

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM

Agree 100%

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM

You know, when a joke isn't working once, don't try it twice, give it up already:facepalm:

J4KOP99
07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I want you all to think about how crazy that sounds... He got a few business cards from people that were from Houston.

The most weak minded dude in the nba. His agents must have some classic stories.

"Hey Dwight you want Chinese food or pizza for dinner?"

shep33
07-09-2013, 11:27 AM
“It was on the Fourth of July,” Howard said. “That’s when I felt it was Houston. I was in Colorado. It seemed like every person that I met was from Houston. It was just so ironic. I’d walk around. Someone would ask for a picture. They’d give me a business card and it would say Houston on it. I was like, ‘Is everybody in Colorado from Houston right now?’ It was unbelievable.

I stopped reading after this.

J4KOP99
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
And why is that ironic? Maybe coincidental?

PhillyFaninLA
07-09-2013, 11:34 AM
You know, when a joke isn't working once, don't try it twice, give it up already:facepalm:

I didn't post that twice, nor did I read every thread here....have a tissue and move on.

shep33
07-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I want you all to think about how crazy that sounds... He got a few business cards from people that were from Houston.

The most weak minded dude in the nba. His agents must have some classic stories.

"Hey Dwight you want Chinese food or pizza for dinner?"

Confirms that he's insane

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 11:38 AM
And why is that ironic? Maybe coincidental?

Because his mind was already dead set on going to HOU. Everything that happened just reinforced his stance that HOU was the right choice.

ThunderousDemon
07-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Propaganda.

Bruno
07-09-2013, 11:41 AM
yeah, Laker front office shares the bulk of the overall blame for blundering everything post Dallas 2011 sweep.

I don't like hipocrates though. Dwight can't claim to be a man of "God" and have 5 kids from 4 women. I don't think Dwight got a sign from anybody. He knew where he wanted to go and he went. Its that simple. No need to make it seem like there was some type of divine intervention

haha does he really?

Bruno
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM

eating meat and knocking up how many different women are the same in regards to religious purity?

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Dwight made the right choice though.

He went to a team that is the perfect fit for him right now.

All other nonsense and fluff aside, I can't blame him for that given the circumstances.

ldawg
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
That's what I don't get. Dwight makes fun of Kobe behind his back and it's hey no big deal just having fun. Kobe challenges Dwight to give his all but he's a dick.

Kobe is not easy to play with even die hard Laker fans would admit that but based on what I've read on this Howard thing he is being portrayed as a locker room cancer.to be honest Kobe is a dick but Howard is a bigger one. i am sorry you cant deny that not because he walk away from the Lakers, trace all the way back to Orlando. I want the ball late in game, i want more touches, i want a say in who the team target i deserve that right. When those things dont happen he pouts like a big man child i want to go somewhere else. All those are his weak points simply he cant scout talent, he is not a very good post player and you cant give him the ball late in the game with his awful free throw shooting. The classic was when Stan was being interviewed and he was talking About Howard wanting him fired and heard it from management and Then Howard not knowing came in smiling his back stabbing butt to put his arms around Stan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40tqTw5fbU

Just FYI many Laker fans waned to keep Bynum over Howard but dude just cant stay healthy. They felt he was the better player. Howard was high Maintenance and he can be a liability in close games. It was about 60/40 in favor of Howard.

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Here are some fresh grapes the one's you are eating are very sour.

I didn't post that twice, nor did I read every thread here....have a tissue and move on.

Really? Hum OK

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM

to be honest Kobe is a dick but Howard is a bigger one. i am sorry you cant deny that not because he walk away from the Lakers. trace all the way back to Orlando. I want the ball late in game, i want more touches, i want a say in who the team target i deserve that right. When those things dont happen he pouts like a big man child i want to go somewhere else. All those are his weak points simply he cant scout talent, he is not a very good post player and you cant give him the ball late in the game with his awful free throw shooting. The classic was when Srtan was being interviewed and he was talking About Howard wanting him fired and Then Howard not knowing brought is smiling back stabbing butt to put his arms around Stan.

You forgot his classic "in orlando I played with a team full of nobodies who no one wanted and I did it with a smile on my face"........

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
to be honest Kobe is a dick but Howard is a bigger one. i am sorry you cant deny that not because he walk away from the Lakers. trace all the way back to Orlando. I want the ball late in game, i want more touches, i want a say in who the team target i deserve that right. When those things dont happen he pouts like a big man child i want to go somewhere else. All those are his weak points simply he cant scout talent, he is not a very good post player and you cant give him the ball late in the game with his awful free throw shooting. The classic was when Srtan was being interviewed and he was talking About Howard wanting him fired and Then Howard not knowing brought is smiling back stabbing butt to put his arms around Stan.

That will always go down as one of the weirdest interviews ever lol. It was just so awkward and creepy.

abe_froman
07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
dont listen to all the hate,laker nation is just hurt because they got burned by someone for the first time so are lashing out.just remember they would be so upset if they werent this jealous of the rockets

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 11:57 AM
That will always go down as one of the weirdest interviews ever lol. It was just so awkward and creepy.

You can clearly see how vicious he is in his eyes.

Iron24th
07-09-2013, 11:58 AM
dont listen to all the hate,laker nation is just hurt because they got burned by someone for the first time so are lashing out.just remember they would be so upset if they werent this jealous of the rockets

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 12:01 PM

I don't know if it's jealously because why would the Lakers be jealous of the Rockets. Hell the Lakers aren't even jealous of the Celtics and they have been rivals for decades. The Rockets now have a team they can be proud and they have every right to be. I don't mind them being happy about it but Laker fans aren't going to sit back and watch them spout off **** about LA and not reply. "Enjoy sucking for the next decade, Kobe is a cancer, glad to see the Lakers fail, etc"

If a Laker fan creates a bait/hate thread then yes it's uncalled for and threads like that get shut down anyway.

abe_froman
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know if it's jealously because why would the Lakers be jealous of the Rockets. Hell the Lakers aren't even jealous of the Celtics and they have been rivals for decades. The Rockets now have a team they can be proud and they have every right to be. I don't mind them being happy about it but Laker fans aren't going to sit back and watch them spout off **** about LA and not reply. "Enjoy sucking for the next decade, Kobe is a cancer, glad to see the Lakers fail, etc"

If a Laker fan creates a bait/hate thread then yes it's uncalled for and threads like that get shut down anyway.
they have a team on the rise,filled with young budding stars like harden,parsons and howard.

you laker fans claim your not mad,and dont care. but all you guys have done since howards decision is *****,whine and hate on howard and the rockets.those who really dont care ,dont spend so much time and energy in these emotional outbursts. your actions these past few days betray what you guys claim

Bostonjorge
07-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Howard made the right choice to go to Houston. In LA every year he's expected to win a championship. In Houston he's only expected to make all star games and a playoff spot. Everyone know he's not going to win a championship in Houston at all. Howard is a good player just not on a good enough team.

8kobe24
07-09-2013, 12:22 PM
The man made the best choice for himself and his families. Cannot blame him at all. No sir. He got divine intervention through business cards with "houston" written on it, god is good. Praise allah almighty. Heaven's gate has opened with trumpets playing to the tune of allelujah song. Dwight, good luck man...James Harden will do his bestest possible effort that someday, some how (hopefully before you whine about not winning and opt out of your current contract) that are able you raise that championship trophy (while he raises his FMVP hardware). Again, you made the right choice. Don't cry if the media bashes you, it comes with the territory that with great whining, comes great bashing. Houston is ready to cuddle you now.

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 12:23 PM
they have a team on the rise,filled with young budding stars like harden,parsons and howard.

you laker fans claim your not mad,and dont care. but all you guys have done since howards decision is *****,whine and hate on howard and the rockets.those who really dont care ,dont spend so much time and energy in these emotional outbursts. your actions these past few days betray what you guys claim

I haven't hated on Howard or Hou at all. I've said it since last week I wanted him back but he made the choice to go another team. The rational Laker fans for the most part are just trying to balance out all the negative **** being thrown the teams way.

ldawg
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
The Last time i look Howard was not part of a championship team. He has been to the finals once. What is there to be up set about? I think he made the right choice it fits him. Point his he is not a winner but has potential. I like him in Orlando and I think i will like him in Houston. I just dont want him on my Lakers as the highest paid Player in the new CBA. He is a good center however not great one can be exploit. If he get a pattern move and hit his free throw he can be great but if he dont at the end of this contract he will be in decline and have a career along the lines of Ben Wallace or Alanzo morning. Thats not bad company but he as the physical tools be better than that but he has been a mental midget.

rockets-fan
07-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I have a question for Lakers fans, most not all. If Howard wasn't good enough to be a laker and he is such a head case, why not just leave the topic alone and move on with y'all's perfect Laker lives? We get it, ***-trolls haha funny, Houston Astros haha funny, he's going to demand a trade haha funny. Grow up and move on its not like y'all are the bobcats or cavs, y'all will have another star filled roster in a season,or two chill out.

And to the ones who say Rockets fans came out of no where, not true. No bandwagon fans so far. Stop instigating.

ManRam
07-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I think it's obvious why he picked Houston over LA. Don't need paragraphs and paragraphs to explain to me how they're better set-up to win now, there's less drama/pressure/annoyances and he doesn't have to deal with Kobe/D'Antoni. What player wouldn't rather play in Houston? Who cares about being tough or whatever? He owes nothing to LA. He doesn't have to prove he can be a "true Laker". Go to the place that's best for you. :shrug:

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I think it's obvious why he picked Houston over LA. Don't need paragraphs and paragraphs to explain to me how they're better set-up to win now, there's less drama/pressure/annoyances and he doesn't have to deal with Kobe/D'Antoni. What player wouldn't rather play in Houston? Who cares about being tough or whatever? He owes nothing to LA. He doesn't have to prove he can be a "true Laker". Go to the place that's best for you. :shrug:

thank you :clap: plus he never said he wanted to be there. he was a FA and he made a decision that he thought was best for HIS career. i mean...think about it. NBA players' careers are short. They are only in their "prime" for so long. What sane, smart star will waste their prime years away waiting for a team to rebuild? How many stars in the league do yall know would willingly play for a rebuilding team? Howard's decision isn't that out of the ordinary. This isn't the first time in history that a star-caliber player bolted from a rebuilding team. He has to be INCREDIBLY dumb if he chose to stay with the Lakers.

ldawg
07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I think it's obvious why he picked Houston over LA. Don't need paragraphs and paragraphs to explain to me how they're better set-up to win now, there's less drama/pressure/annoyances and he doesn't have to deal with Kobe/D'Antoni. What player wouldn't rather play in Houston? Who cares about being tough or whatever? He owes nothing to LA. He doesn't have to prove he can be a "true Laker". Go to the place that's best for you. :shrug:I think this is what most Lakers fans, analyst and even Howard him self are saying, nothing new. He made the right choice. But when you walk away from a team like the Lakers it going to have some back lash no matter what. Thats the biggest stage in the NBA.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 12:50 PM

The only reason why Houston fans are doing this because LA won't stop talking ish about our new star and our city. Houston fans were celebrating and out of nowhere comes LA fans saying "oh he's not going to win a championship there" and talking about how Howard, and Houston by default, will never win a championship and how somehow Howard left his best chance to win a championship (still don't know the logic and reasoning behind this cause all analyst states otherwise) to a team that never will. LA baited first. Houston responded.

He who is without sin cast out the first stone. Laker fans are just butthurt and they will continue to bring this up for the next 15 years because it's the first time they have been broken up with. You always remember your first.

Lol. He got a bunch of business cards while in aspen, and all of those cards had Houston on it... And that is what made him sign with the rockets.

This guy is even crazier than I thought.

-I also find it extremely hard to believe that there are more people from Houston than Los Angeles in aspen, co. Sounds like more ******** from Dwight haha

-oh and why do we take Dwight's word on this but then when he comes out in public and says Kobe was not the reason he left, we still blame Kobe for being an *******? Get your story straight astro fans

why's that?

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
The only reason why Houston fans are doing this because LA won't stop talking ish about our new star and our city. Houston fans were celebrating and out of nowhere comes LA fans saying "oh he's not going to win a championship there" and talking about how Howard, and Houston by default, will never win a championship and how somehow, Howard left his best chance to win a championship (still don't know the logic and reasoning behind this cause all analyst states otherwise) to a team that never will. LA baited first. Houston responded.

why's that?

Are you sure about that we've been hearing Howard to Hou even before the season ended. Even before free agency started it was D12 is going to Hou why would he want to stay in LA with a dick like Kobe and a bad coach in D'antoni.

teecoop29
07-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I want to say this why now that Howard chose houston that now Howard not good he is a bum , he never going to win anything but for laker fans y'all kill me cause before he chose houston u was wishing he stay with the laker now that he did not y'all want to talk mad **** about Howard now

ldawg
07-09-2013, 01:08 PM
He made the right choice La was a bad fit for him and he was a bad fit for La. Houston team is tailor maid for him. The personalities and being young match him. The rough Patch La going true right now wont jell with his personality. Houston was the easy choice and the right choice base on who Howard is.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 01:11 PM
He made the right choice La was a bad fit for him and he was a bad fit for La. Houston team is tailor maid for him. The personalities and being young match him. The rough Patch La going true right now wont jell with his personality. Houston was the easy choice and the right choice base on who Howard is.

yup. Houston has a group of laid back, chilled, fun-loving players...he'll fit right in.

dee279
07-09-2013, 01:20 PM
are you a Rockets' fan or a Lakers' fan? I am so confused :confused: or a Dwight Howard fan? lol

butthurt people will stay butthurt :shrug: Dwight Howard never said he wanted to play for the Lakers anyways. The Lakers took a gamble on him (assuming he would want to stay with the team since...you know...they're the Lakers) when they traded for him and they lost the gamble. they have no one to blame but themselves for trading for a player that has one year left on the contract without previously getting a verbal agreement from the player that he would resign. THIS

btw...why aren't anyone butthurt about Antwan Jamison "betraying" the Lakers by jumping ship to rival Clippers?

couldnt agree more

ldawg
07-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I want to say this why now that Howard chose houston that now Howard not good he is a bum , he never going to win anything but for laker fans y'all kill me cause before he chose houston u was wishing he stay with the laker now that he did not y'all want to talk mad **** about Howard nowYes Many Laker fans wanted him to Come to LA, I was one of them. Some wanted to keep Bynum over him, I debated with them. I wanted him to Stay and not go into a full Rebuild. He is the best center athletic wise so he has value and not loose him for nothing. But I never thought we can win with him as the best Player. When word got out That Clippers Wanted him and was willing to give up Blake and Eric I was all over that and felt La was stupid for not jumping on that. I felt La could have form a better team had they done that than keeping Howard. Winning rings how the pieces match is very important. I felt Blake would have been a better teammate and they needed a pg to put old Nash on the bench. My only reserve was Pairing Howard with Paul. I think him and Harden can have the same Magic but that depends on which Howard shows up.

teecoop29
07-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Howard never said he wanted to be a laker he was traded there. I think Howard is going to be a beast this year his Health should be better in plus he is going to be somewhere that he feel wanted and with all these people talking bad about him he going to come into this season with a chip on his shoulder in want to prove to everyone that he is still one of the top 10 player this year

ldawg
07-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Howard never said he wanted to be a laker he was traded there. I think Howard is going to be a beast this year his Health should be better in plus he is going to be somewhere that he feel wanted and with all these people talking bad about him he going to come into this season with a chip on his shoulder in want to prove to everyone that he is still one of the top 10 player this yearLakers were on his list of teams he had reserve of following Shaqs path and Kobe saying its my team. He accepted it at first but the season was like no other. They never found a comfort zone and he felt the roaster is to old going Forward with a coach he dont like. Like i said Houston was the best choice with the moves they made when you weigh the positives and negatives of either team at present. The team he never wanted was Houston base on the players they had. Howard get upset when teams dont do what he wants. He wanted Phil but Lakers is not the club that let players call shots. Howard left LA for the same reason he left Orlando. If you want to keep Howard happy get the players and coach he request or you will be in his dog house.

Sssmush
07-09-2013, 08:51 PM
I am just glad that the Dwightmare finally has ended and he seems to be finally happy. Really wanna see the Dwight of Orlando back on court. Another exciting team to keep a close eye on- Can't wait for the next season!

Reading some of these bitter comments here is pretty comical! Keep up the madness and new-found hatred Lakers fans!

Haa haa.

Having lived through this most recent Laker season, all I can say to Houston Rocket fans is the same exact thing I said to excited Dallas fans after the Mavs made the awesome trade to land Lamar Odom:

PREPARE TO BE UNDERWHELMED

Sssmush
07-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Seriously... has Stephen A. Smith lost his damn mind?

Suddenly the Houston rag tag team of castoffs (Harden, Lin) plus Dwight is an "instant contender" for the title. Really? You can really look into the camera and with a straight face say that Dwight and the Rockets have a snowballs chance in Cleveland of winning the title?

Hello. A "contender" is somebody who is really contending, who actually would "win" the title and is a threat to beat the other "contending" teams in order to win. "Contender" isn't just a nice label we give a team because one of the league's better known players landed there.

Calling the Rockets "legit contenders" and then in the next breath saying "of course they won't win the title" is pretty freakin' hair-brained. Kornheiser should lay down the smack on this, because the NBA industrial media complex is scrambling so hard to spin this as "not that bad" for Dwight and somebody really needs to point out that this is a joke. 3 teams in 3 years and heading to a Houston team that was thoroughly mediocre, after having made a legit championship Laker team (an actual real contender with a multiple ring MVP on it) much worse through his lackadaisicalness and weak unfocused attitude.

As a Laker fan, watching this next season is going to be FUN. And who wants to bet that the Lakers finish with a better regular season record? I'd take that bet. My only concern is that I don't want Kobe to rush back, he should be smart and rehab till March or even do the Derrick Rose thing.

NOT signing Dwight (just like trading Bynum) was just another demonstration of how the basketball gods seem to favor Los Angeles. Now if they could trade Dantoni to Dallas for Rick Carlisle... maybe the Clippers have started a new trend of trading coaches!!

ManRam
07-09-2013, 09:47 PM

Suddenly the Houston rag tag team of castoffs (Harden, Lin) plus Dwight is an "instant contender" for the title. Really? You can really look into the camera and with a straight face say that Dwight and the Rockets have a snowballs chance in Cleveland of winning the title?

Hello. A "contender" is somebody who is really contending, who actually would "win" the title and is a threat to beat the other "contending" teams in order to win. "Contender" isn't just a nice label we give a team because one of the league's better known players landed there.

Calling the Rockets "legit contenders" and then in the next breath saying "of course they won't win the title" is pretty freakin' hair-brained. Kornheiser should lay down the smack on this, because the NBA industrial media complex is scrambling so hard to spin this as "not that bad" for Dwight and somebody really needs to point out that this is a joke. 3 teams in 3 years and heading to a Houston team that was thoroughly mediocre, after having made a legit championship Laker team (an actual real contender with a multiple ring MVP on it) much worse through his lackadaisicalness and weak unfocused attitude.

As a Laker fan, watching this next season is going to be FUN. And who wants to bet that the Lakers finish with a better regular season record? I'd take that bet. My only concern is that I don't want Kobe to rush back, he should be smart and rehab till March or even do the Derrick Rose thing.

NOT signing Dwight (just like trading Bynum) was just another demonstration of how the basketball gods seem to favor Los Angeles. Now if they could trade Dantoni to Dallas for Rick Carlisle... maybe the Clippers have started a new trend of trading coaches!!

stopped reading after that...

OKC traded him away, but reducing him merely to a "castoff" is hilarious.

Aust
07-09-2013, 09:52 PM

No way..

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 10:21 PM

This dude serious?

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Yes very serious as scary as it sounds

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
I have a question for Lakers fans, most not all. If Howard wasn't good enough to be a laker and he is such a head case, why not just leave the topic alone and move on with y'all's perfect Laker lives? We get it, ***-trolls haha funny, Houston Astros haha funny, he's going to demand a trade haha funny. Grow up and move on its not like y'all are the bobcats or cavs, y'all will have another star filled roster in a season,or two chill out.

And to the ones who say Rockets fans came out of no where, not true. No bandwagon fans so far. Stop instigating.

This. Move on like yall did when Antwan Jamison "betrayed" the Lakers to go to the Clippers and rockets fans will back off.

Aust
07-09-2013, 10:28 PM
They can't simply move on line they did when Antwan Jamison "betrayed" the Lakers to go to the Clippers because they know Dwight Howard is good and wanted desperately to stay. So desperate did they want him to stay they begged like they never begged another player before. When Howard left anyways, their feelings were hurt and well...you got what you have right now.

We were begging Howard?

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 10:31 PM
We were begging Howard?

Yea I deleted that post cause I didn't want to start another round of back and forth with Lakers fans. I'm getting worn out Tbh lol but for the record, the Lakers did kind of begged.

Aust
07-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Yea I deleted that post cause I didn't want to start another round of back and forth with Lakers fans. I'm getting worn out Tbh lol but for the record, the Lakers did kind of begged.

Yeah, ok..

jam
07-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Howard's saying all the right things. Unfortunately, so did Aaron Hernandez before he joined the patriots.

I judge a person by their actions, not by their words.

And Howard's actions show that he has the emotional makeup of a 12 year old girl.

--

Rockets’ history, culture enticed Howard

Dwight Howard prayed. He needed just one more push, one more reason. He needed a sign.

Howard had a decision to make. Time was running out. He wanted it to feel right. For all the information gleaned from all those meetings in Los Angeles, all the travails along the way to this moment, and all the arguments careening in his head, he just needed something, one last piece of evidence, to be at peace with his choice.

A day after his decision was final, Howard was as relieved as Rockets general manager Daryl Morey was elated, as content as he could have imagined. The tough part — the decision and the conversations that followed when he told representatives of the Mavericks, Hawks, Warriors and especially the Lakers — was over. The anxiety of his controversial, injury-marred final season in Orlando and subsequent frustrating one in Los Angeles was behind him.

He felt empowered to have made the choice that he considered best for him, rather than to please others. He finally had no second thoughts, no regrets.

While much has been made of the state of the Rockets a year ago, clearing out the roster for the moves they hoped would come, Howard was coming off back surgery, confined almost entirely to a bed or recliner, venturing out only for a one-block walk around his hotel home. But he, too, was making plans.

“When I had the back surgery, the one thing I kept envisioning was holding up that (championship) trophy,” Howard said. “Every day in the gym, before I even got an opportunity to run, I just envisioned myself holding that trophy. That’s what gave me the drive to want to get up and get back to basketball. Even though physically, I might not have been all the way there, I wanted to get back into it so bad.

“For the first four months I couldn’t do anything but lay on my back and walk. I watched as the Heat won and I sat in that room. I was just so upset. I just hated that taste, that bad taste of getting to the Finals and watching somebody else win. I wanted to win.”

Shot at titles was key

To Howard, no consideration meant more to him when he weighed his options this week than “championship potential.” He had been moved by the conversations with Hakeem Olajuwon and excited by the plan described by Kevin McHale. He said his private conversation with Rockets owner Leslie Alexander might have meant more than even all the talks with Chandler Parsons and James Harden. But the greatest issue, he said, was the chance to win championships.

When the Finals ended this season, Parsons watched the Heat celebrate and sent Howard a text that read, “Come to Houston. That could be us.” Howard, however, said that he could not stand watching another championship won by another team.

“What he said, he was on point,” Howard said. “But I tried not to watch the Finals because it (ticked) me off to the point I would get mad, start crying. I was so upset because I worked extremely hard. I’ve been to the Finals. I’ve tasted it. I’ve seen that trophy. I’ve been four games away from winning a championship. It hurt to watch other people win. I was like, ‘Man, I hate to see other people win this championship.’ I’m so passionate about it. When he said that, I know he wants to win, but if there’s anybody that wants the trophy it’s me.

“The biggest thing was a championship potential. I watched the team after we got out of the playoffs. I looked at their team. I looked at a couple teams. Their team just stood out. I think this is the best fit for me as far as playing basketball. I’m looking forward to it.”

Olajuwon offers praise

Howard had gotten the feeling that in Houston, he would be welcomed to the club of great big men, from Elvin Hayes to Moses Malone, Ralph Sampson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming. Olajuwon’s influence was especially crucial. Howard has worked with Olajuwon in past offseasons and will again, and while he hopes to be able to mimic some of Olajuwon’s moves and success, he had the impression down.

“It meant a lot, just having Hakeem show up from Jordan,” Howard said. “He’s a great guy. We’ve had opportunities in the past to get together. He’s been one of my biggest supporters. I really thank Hakeem. I trust his judgment. I trust a lot of things he says. He’s been good from the first day he talked to my mom and said he wanted to work with me. I would work out with him and he would do a move and I would do a move and instead of the hook shot, I would dunk it and he would jump up and down and scream and say, “Oooh, you do my move better than me. Dwight, you have to do this in a game.’ We would just laugh. It was so great to be around him.

“I’m looking forward to having him and Kevin McHale push me. When I sat down with Kevin, he reminded me a lot of the drive of Clifford Ray (a former Magic assistant coach) when Clifford Ray was my big man coach. He pushed me to the limit every day and then I worked out. He always said, ‘I’m going to kick your (butt)’ and at the end of the day give you a hug.’ ”

Putting egos aside

Howard’s NBA career was blossoming then, long before his uncertainty about remaining in Orlando and the backlash from effort to join Kobe Bryant’s Lakers. In Houston, he said he can be himself again. He felt accepted from the friendships with Parsons and Harden, including Friday’s visit with Harden to plot their future together, and from the knowledge of the Rockets’ long pursuit of him.

“Even sitting down with James last night, we had an opportunity to talk about us winning the championship and how it’s important that we, as leaders of the team, are on the same page and of one accord. Everybody else will fall in line. It starts with me and him. We took the egos out of it and we’ll have a great season.

“I chose to go to Houston. I wasn’t traded. I was just like I had an opportunity to do something for myself and it wasn’t anybody’s else’s choice. It wasn’t a friend or fans or based off anybody but myself. In Orlando, I wanted to do everything for everybody else and I wasn’t happy inside with what I did. I just wanted to see everybody else happy. This time, I wanted to make myself happy and get back to being who I am, being Dwight, having fun and being happy.

“I’m just looking forward to this opportunity. It’s a clean slate for me. It’s a fresh start. It’s like I get a second chance at this. I’m looking forward to coming to Houston and making a big impact throughout the city. I love dealing with people. I love having fun. I’m looking forward to meshing with the city, getting out there. I know I’ve gotten a bad rep for a lot of things. I would say 95 percent of that stuff is false. I want to show people who Dwight Howard really is. I genuinely love being around people and giving people joy. I look forward to giving people a lot of joy, a lot of smiles and a lot of wins.”

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 01:06 AM
I just can't wait until basketball season, then this piss poor speculation about Howard will be over.

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 01:09 AM
I just can't wait until basketball season, then this piss poor speculation about Howard will be over.

this.

jam
07-10-2013, 01:10 AM
You won't even have to watch since you guaranteed they'll win a chip this season. smh

jam
07-10-2013, 01:12 AM
You just started a thread about dwight howard. This invites opinions about dwight howard while he's not playing.

Now you're agreeing with a post denouncing speculation about dwight howard after starting a thread inviting discussion about him during the offseason.

Confused much?

this.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 01:52 AM
stopped reading after that...

OKC traded him away, but reducing him merely to a "castoff" is hilarious.

Well, Harden was "cast off" by OKC, however you look at it. They didn't have to trade him, in fact they could've re-signed him many times or kept him through the season, but they traded him for Lamb and Martin and something else I forget. Didn't even save that much money really, and they kept Perkins instead.

So... HELLO. James Harden isn't some kind of Dwayne Wade MVP best player in the league or something. Jeez, he's a promising young player but he's also one that OKC saw fit to dump, for whatever reason--something that has never, ever happened to a Lebron, a Wade, a Westbrook, a Durant, a Kobe, a Carmelo, etc etc. No top level guys ever get traded while under contract when they are 23 and want to stay with the team. So that means he's not a top level guy (yet). He's just a nice young player.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 02:05 AM
I have a question for Lakers fans, most not all. If Howard wasn't good enough to be a laker and he is such a head case, why not just leave the topic alone and move on with y'all's perfect Laker lives?

Yeah, uh, sorry Houston fans if you're kind of caught up in all this now, but this Howard situation is just WAY too juicy for us to just "let it go" and forget it about it all that quick.

For one thing... the whole three teams in 3 years (even though it feels like 4 teams in 4 years because of how he extended with Orlando after all the Dwightmare drama) and faking his way through a phony *** season with the Lakers (one of the worst if not THE worst Laker seasons of all time, and arguably one of the most disappointing teams in sports history) and then announcing he's leaving via Twitter and then disappearing out the backdoor of Los Angeles like a freakin' vagabond without even a press conference, and *surprise* nobody even cares that much.

Has Houston even had a splashy jersey ceremony for Howard yet? Or are his agents unsure where he is?

But truly, what makes this even funnier is the sportswriters who are struggling to keep Howard built up as some kind of NBA hero/superman aka guy-with-a-shoe-deal, a "name" player who just has to be good and we just have to keep talking about him because hey, he got 12 and 12 last year and he's been in the All Star game a lot and did some NBA commercials.

It's just funny. And it's just all set up for a big FAIL in Houston, the signs are everywhere. People talked about wanting to see Lebron fail in Miami but no one ever really believed it, and secretly everyone thought it was cool to see the Lebron super team come together. And honestly I don't think anybody wants to see Dwight fail in Houston but c'mon, after last season in Los Angeles and then choosing to run to Houston for 30% less guaranteed money, essentially chased out of town by Kobe Bryant because the guy just couldn't get the job done... I mean no one is really saying it but probably everybody sees the possibility that Houston could just suck next year.

Maybe they don't. Who knows. I think their coach kind of sucks and doesn't use Jeremy Lin correctly, but yeah.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 02:10 AM
This dude serious?

uhhhh, is Stephen A. Smith when he says the Rockets could contend for the title next year?

Seriously, is there anybody on this forum that ACTUALLY thinks the Rockets could win the NBA
championship next year? Dwight and Harden and Lin are suddenly gonna be rock hard and precision executing every single possession down the stretch of every game and make it through LA, Golden State, Spurs, OKC and then go to the Finals and beat the Heat?

Is there even ONE SINGLE PERSON on this entire forum that believes that could happen? I mean I guess we know that Stephen A. Smith thinks that could happen, and you know what if I was making a million dollars a month I would be happy to believe it too. But honestly, on this forum, is there anybody who actually believes Rockets - NBA Title - 2014 ??

goku
07-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Ok we gotta stop with all these Howard threads cause laker fans are gonna whine and moan and act like they didn't care about Howard leaving

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 02:15 AM
I mean, I wasn't going to say this, but I think all Laker fans secretly understand that

A. If Dwight was as good as a Magic or a Kareem or a Kobe he would never choose to leave the Lakers because the Lakers is the ultimate venue for a true NBA superstar

and

B. If the Lakers had truly been determined to keep Dwight in LA they would have, even if that meant amnestying Kobe, firing Dantoni on the spot, putting some ultimate California Sunshine girls on his dick,
and flying in their best billion dollar deal closer from Paris or Tokyo or whatever to get the job done.

If you know the Lakers, then you know that what I just said is absolutely true.

goku
07-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Yeah, uh, sorry Houston fans if you're kind of caught up in all this now, but this Howard situation is just WAY too juicy for us to just "let it go" and forget it about it all that quick.

For one thing... the whole three teams in 3 years (even though it feels like 4 teams in 4 years because of how he extended with Orlando after all the Dwightmare drama) and faking his way through a phony *** season with the Lakers (one of the worst if not THE worst Laker seasons of all time, and arguably one of the most disappointing teams in sports history) and then announcing he's leaving via Twitter and then disappearing out the backdoor of Los Angeles like a freakin' vagabond without even a press conference, and *surprise* nobody even cares that much.

Has Houston even had a splashy jersey ceremony for Howard yet? Or are his agents unsure where he is?

But truly, what makes this even funnier is the sportswriters who are struggling to keep Howard built up as some kind of NBA hero/superman aka guy-with-a-shoe-deal, a "name" player who just has to be good and we just have to keep talking about him because hey, he got 12 and 12 last year and he's been in the All Star game a lot and did some NBA commercials.

It's just funny. And it's just all set up for a big FAIL in Houston, the signs are everywhere. People talked about wanting to see Lebron fail in Miami but no one ever really believed it, and secretly everyone thought it was cool to see the Lebron super team come together. And honestly I don't think anybody wants to see Dwight fail in Houston but c'mon, after last season in Los Angeles and then choosing to run to Houston for 30% less guaranteed money, essentially chased out of town by Kobe Bryant because the guy just couldn't get the job done... I mean no one is really saying it but probably everybody sees the possibility that Houston could just suck next year.

Maybe they don't. Who knows. I think their coach kind of sucks and doesn't use Jeremy Lin correctly, but yeah.

really and truly Lakers should take lin since he exceled with Dantoni in NY Dantoni is a better coach when it comes to PGs I think McHale I better at using big men since he was one if im not mistaken he had to adjust the rockets system since they didn't have a inside presence

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 02:54 AM
really and truly Lakers should take lin since he exceled with Dantoni in NY Dantoni is a better coach when it comes to PGs I think McHale I better at using big men since he was one if im not mistaken he had to adjust the rockets system since they didn't have a inside presence

yeah that's true. I wouldn't have minded if the Lakers had taken Lin (and Asik for that matter) but it seems like the Lakers weren't in any mood to do sign and trades. Also, both of their deals are "backloaded" as I understand it with like $15M in salary the last year or something.

The Lakers totally could've had Lin for a second round draft pick or even as an undrafted rookie free agent, and there was actually a lot of rumours that he was a really excellent prospect. People in CA had seen him play and the Lakers could've had him.

Anyway, Houston has a great player in Lin and I think he will even make Harden better because both of those guys are pretty smart. Yeah, and honestly, if Dwight keeps regaining his strength he could definitely be a solid asset for the Rockets. Would be fun to watch them play, and if they trade him they will get back a lot in return. So, win win.

Sssmush
07-10-2013, 02:55 AM
it was probably best for both teams, as some have said.

And Lakers with Pau, Kobe and Nash could be hella interesting, especially without Metta jacking shots. Dantoni just has to do a better job. Maybe with time to prepare he will do just that.

sunsfan88
07-10-2013, 05:38 AM
there hasn't been any new Rockets fans. every Rockets fans that's been posting has been on the forum for awhile. so many Rockets fans are posting in the main forum cause people feel the need to defend Howard vs all the butthurt Lakers fans are exhibiting.
Why though?

When everyone was ripping Dwight apart for the past 2 years, nobody was here defending him and now HOU fans are here to save him 2 days after he signed with them?

sunsfan88
07-10-2013, 05:38 AM

I know you always posted on PSD but you rarely ever posted in the NBA forum.

You and all other Rockets fans only posted in the Rockets forum.

jam
07-10-2013, 06:14 AM
I doubt it. That's a very slow subforum.

Having said that, the frontrunners and charlatans are out in force to pronounce HOU the next nba champs.

My sense is that HOU is in a similar position to the 2012 OKC squad: talented but very young and probably not ready to win a chip.

If HOU can find an all star caliber 4, I think they'll have a very good shot to win it all in 15/16. The next two seasons will see them struggling with chemistry as all of their new and young players gel and as mchale learns on the job.

I like the rockets and think they are a promising team.

My problem is with the GMO and aspartame damaged weirdos who think they are a lock to win it all right away.

I know you always posted on PSD but you rarely ever posted in the NBA forum.

You and all other Rockets fans only posted in the Rockets forum.

jam
07-10-2013, 06:28 AM
It's homer hypocrisy obviously.

Dwight went from being a consensus immature douche to the untainted holy warrior and savior overnight.

You have really got to wonder about how some of these posters even function IRL.

Why though?

When everyone was ripping Dwight apart for the past 2 years, nobody was here defending him and now HOU fans are here to save him 2 days after he signed with them?