PDA

View Full Version : Does losing Dwight Howard make amnestying Kobe Bryant more plausible?

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I think losing Dwight was another nail in the coffin of Kobe Bryant's championship dreams. Why not let him go, so he can be with a decent team before he retires?
I heard the Nets lack a shooting guard who can perform in the clutch. They also have an owner worth more than $13 million who would get a stiffy at the very thought of signing Bryant. If you believe he can come back strong, he might even make a nice pairing with Dirk Nowitzki, another bonafide superstar watching his championship days fade away.
Even if Bryant comes back strong, the best the Lakers can hope for is their 2005-06 season, when he went off and never made it out of the first round. Maybe they should amnesty Kobe, tank, fire Mike D'Antoni, hire Brian Shaw and start fresh in 2014 through the draft, free agency and luring some superstar with the chance to be "The Man" in Los Angeles.

tredigs
07-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Ron Artest was amnestied today by the Lakers.

/Thread

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Ron Artest was amnestied today by the Lakers.

/Thread
I forgot about that report, but it hasn't been finalized. In my opinion, the Lakers are making the wrong decision if they do that. They're half-assing what will already be a mediocre season next year. Why not just admit you're broken to the core, in both your players and your coach, and blow some **** up? It's not like the Lakers, however much I hate them, don't know how to come back.

Teeboy1487
07-09-2013, 12:33 AM
No

whitemamba33
07-09-2013, 12:34 AM
No offense, but you're an idiot.

Aust
07-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Lakers will amnesty Metta
Just.. stop....

smith&wesson
07-09-2013, 12:56 AM
is it possible for the lakers to amnesty Kobe and then resign him ? I know it's a dumb question but I'm actually curious about this

Aust
07-09-2013, 12:58 AM
is it possible for the lakers to amnesty Kobe and then resign him ? I know it's a dumb question but I'm actually curious about this

No, you can't.

mikekhelxD
07-09-2013, 01:00 AM

Not for a year from what I can remember.

lakers4sho
07-09-2013, 01:14 AM
well, this went south rather quickly