PDA

View Full Version : Shaq disses Houston

Pages : [1] 2

c.c.
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Shaquille O'Neal says the Los Angeles spotlight was too bright for Dwight Howard.

Speaking at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Shaq hammered his former colleague as if they were battling in the post.

O'Neal opened his mouth agape when asked about Howard, who chose to leave the Lakers for the Rockets, and joked about cheering on Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Danica Patrick in Saturday's race.

A few seconds later, he threw an elbow Howard's way.

"It was expected," Shaq said. "We've all been in L.A., and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

Snakeyestx
07-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Wasn't that like 2 or 3 days ago? He's entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be and he'll be the first person to admit being wrong when he's proven so. If Howard has a dominating year, sweeps the Lakers in the regular season and goes onto the WCF or better, Shaq'll own up to his opinion.

c.c.
07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't care about how much he doesn't like Dwight, he shouldn't be dragging the city in it! Its a little town but there's only three cities bigger than it though, screw you Shaquille O'Neal!

LongIslandIcedZ
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Maybe in a basketball sense Houston is little, but I believe it is a rather large city

c.c.
07-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Wasn't that like 2 or 3 days ago? He's entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be and he'll be the first person to admit being wrong when he's proven so. If Howard has a dominating year, sweeps the Lakers in the regular season and goes onto the WCF or better, Shaq'll own up to his opinion.

Yeah but its a fact that isn't small. When people say false stuff knowing its wrong, its kinda a form of disrespect. And yeah its like 2 or 3 days old but I just not seen it and didn't see it on here.

Iron24th
07-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Shaq did what he was supposed to do, dissing a coward who left the city who just retired his jersey, shaq and howard never got along, don't act like you're surprised guys.

c.c.
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM

The part when he said "that's right a little town, I said it", is the part that really ticked me off.

sunsfan88
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Why is sweeping the Lakers considered an accomplishment for a team like Houston who has two of the top 6 players in the NBA on their team with decent role players?

If the Rockets don't get to at least the WCFs and put up a great battle there, it should be considered a disappointing season for Houston.

The Celtics in their first season after teaming up won the title. The Lakers in their first season after putting Pau and Kobe together went to the Finals and won 2 games there. The Heat in their first season after teaming up went to the Finals and won 2 games there.

Only teams that havent had much success since teaming up are the Knicks and the Lakers but injuries haven't worked in their favor much there.

So barring injury, Houston better take it to at least the WCFs to be considered a non disappointing season. And at least a Finals appearance is required for it to be considered a good/great season.

That's just my opinion though.

More-Than-Most
07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
He left LA to play for a heat team with really doesnt have the best fans or city in terms of coverage if I recall.

Iron24th
07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
It's more of dissing howard than dissing houston imo

c.c.
07-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Shaq did what he was supposed to do, dissing a coward who left the city who just retired his jersey, shaq and howard never got along, don't act like you're surprised guys.

Yeah its well known that he never really liked Dwight but why talk $%#! about the city of Houston.

Jenceman
07-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah its well known that he never really liked Dwight but why talk $%#! about the city of Houston.

Cuz it's his new team?

RLundi
07-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Shaq is not very bright. Does he know Houston is one of the largest cities in North America?

rockets-fan
07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Why is sweeping the Lakers considered an accomplishment for a team like Houston who has two of the top 6 players in the NBA on their team with decent role players?

If the Rockets don't get to at least the WCFs and put up a great battle there, it should be considered a disappointing season for Houston.

The Celtics in their first season after teaming up won the title. The Lakers in their first season after putting Pau and Kobe together went to the Finals and won 2 games there. The Heat in their first season after teaming up went to the Finals and won 2 games there.

Only teams that havent had much success since teaming up are the Knicks and the Lakers but injuries haven't worked in their favor much there.

So barring injury, Houston better take it to at least the WCFs to be considered a non disappointing season. And at least a Finals appearance is required for it to be considered a good/great season.

I don't really see people saying the clips had a bad or disappointing season after Paul teamed up with Griffin, but yes I agree wcf or better is what I would expect from a Harden/Howard duo

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Phil Jackson's comments were worse in my opinion. Shaq just called it a small town. Phil acted like he didn't even know that they are the Rockets as opposed to the Astros.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't really see people saying the clips had a bad or disappointing season after Paul teamed up with Griffin, but yes I agree wcf or better is what I would expect from a Harden/Howard duo

Do you think they are better than the Clippers, Thunder, Warriors, Spurs, Nuggets, and Grizzlies? As constructed right now I say no way. There is still plenty of time to make moves though

Crackadalic
07-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Maybe he still feels salty about getting swept by them in his magic days. Who knows

c.c.
07-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Phil Jackson's comments were worse in my opinion. Shaq just called it a small town. Phil acted like he didn't even know that they are the Rockets as opposed to the Astros.

I never saw Phil's comments but screw him too then

ThunderousDemon
07-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Which city was he talking about?

Joshtd1
He didn't say anything about Houston being a bad city, just said something that was factually wrong in that it's a small town. It is more of a shot at Dwight then Houston, don't think it's that big of a deal.

Bmoss12
Shaq is the reason why the NBA is not watched more no-one wants to know whats going to happen.

ManRam
07-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Wait, Shaq called the 4th largest city in the US a "little town"?

:laugh:

And we're supposed to believe he's dissing anyone but himself?

It was the safe move, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

AWC713
07-08-2013, 07:09 PM
houston is the 4th biggest city in the nation, and shaw's buick is not nearly as big as he tries to make it out to be.

clearly shaq is not the smartest individual.

FOBolous
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Nothing irks me more than for people to call Houston a "small town" or a "small market." Doing so only makes you look ignorant and shows how much you know (or in this case, don't know) about your own country

And if Houston is a "little town," what does that make Orlando and Miami?

BenFrank
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I just hope Howard feeds off of all the negative energy, and comes back strong with a chip on his shoulder..

Hope, these guys keep adding fuel to the fire

Teeboy1487
07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Little town was definitely stupid. Even in value, The Rockets are a top 5-10 franchise. Other than that, I think everything else he said about Dwight is true. I hope Dwight realizes that there is even more pressure on him now than ever.

D-Leethal
07-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I think everyone would have guessed Shaq would say something like this instantly. No surprise here. Shaq being Shaq, putting others down to boost his own ego.

Greg.
07-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Do you think they are better than the Clippers, Thunder, Warriors, Spurs, Nuggets, and Grizzlies? As constructed right now I say no way. There is still plenty of time to make moves though

I wouldn't say we're better, but I think we are in the same group as the Nuggets, Grizzlies and Warriors

VendettaRed07
07-08-2013, 07:19 PM
He hasn't failed this badly at being funny since Kazaam

Asik's better
07-08-2013, 07:22 PM

The nuggets have gone backwards. The grizzlies are a year older with last season being their last chance and the warriors are just behind the rockets with Landry and jack gone who where both important players off the bench. It will be a battle between Houston, spurs, thunder and the clippers. I see spurs v.s thunder in the wcf however that depends on how well Westbrook comes back from injury and if the spurs older bodies keep holding up

BenFrank
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Apparently Ice Cube had some choice words for Dwight also

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshh17Q52MH7YZ95NVfY

well it's on world star hip hop, they won't let me post the link apparently

Edit: He sounded pretty butthurt

Hawkeye15
07-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Lakers took their chance on a player with a 1 year deal. They then had plenty of internal issues, their star and Dwight didn't get along, Mike D is not the right coach for Dwight in his eyes, and Kobe's injury and the Lakers salary cap issue made the decision easy.

Coward? Meh.

c.c.
07-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Nothing irks me more than for people to call Houston a "small town" or a "small market." Doing so only makes you look ignorant and shows how much you know (or in this case, don't know) about your own country

And if Houston is a "little town," what does that make Orlando and Miami?

People are so NY-LA.

VendettaRed07
07-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Lakers took their chance on a player with a 1 year deal. They then had plenty of internal issues, their star and Dwight didn't get along, Mike D is not the right coach for Dwight in his eyes, and Kobe's injury and the Lakers salary cap issue made the decision easy.

Coward? Meh.
^ this.

Its not like he's 22 and can wait for a team to rebuild. He can't just throw another season away. With his recent injury trouble, its possible he might start to decline very soon. We might have seen the best of Howard already. I don't know why as a free agent you'd want to waste your time waiting for a train that might not come when your body might not allow that anyway

Sure they have cap space in 2014, but what if they strike out? Houston has everything to contend and compete right now, and have the assets to make ANOTHER big move ontop of everything they have already. It's an easy decision. LA did not do enough to keep him.

smith&wesson
07-08-2013, 07:42 PM
SHAQ is ignorant. Houston is a huge city!

Master Mind
07-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Shaq's a douche

c.c.
07-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Coward? Meh.

And Dwight did say he wasn't gonna verbally commit no team but the Nets from the start. The Lakers was the one so convinced that they could make him stay.

ztilzer31
07-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Funny. Dwight gets traded to a city he doesn't want to, and plays with a player he doesn't like. The team is old. The team needs to rebuild, and has no cap room.

He made the right decision. Said, and done. Who cares what Shaq says? There's not a single argument that makes sense for him to stay.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Pfft... who does Shaq think he is?

LakersMaster24
07-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Washed up Shaq, old man.

Stop talking.

NFLNBA
07-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Shaq is actually a very smart dude! When he said small city he meant it in terms of basketball. When is comes to basketball Houston is a small nobody......they care a lot more about there football, Lakers bright lights all the history to the "Astros" lmao no expectation and not a lot of history

rhino17
07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Like JVG said on the radio today, "Hey LA, we're the one with a football team, not you." Not to mention Shaq has a house in Houston and spends time there. Dumbass

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2013, 09:36 PM

Wow, you really don't know Shaq.

After winning his 4th ring, Shaq had no problems putting the screws to Kobe on a regular basis. "Hey, Kobe, how's my *** taste?" sound familiar? It wasn't until Kobe first matched his ring count and then exceeded it that Shaq quickly learned to stfu.

Needless to say, Dwight will need to put SEVERAL rings on his fingers before Shaq eases up on him. One deep playoff run won't cut it. Another Finals appearance won't cut it. One ring, won't cut it. Shaq can be a real shaq-hole sometimes.

UPRock
07-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Shaquille is still mad that Hakeem kicked his *** in the Finals.

c.c.
07-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Lol I was gonna change my signature to this a few days ago but I didn't wanna change my current one. Its a classic!

c.c.
07-08-2013, 10:21 PM

Hold up a minute, your name and signature don't match. Are you a Laker/Clippers fan or a Rockets fan

c.c.
07-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Washed up Shaq, old man.

Stop talking.

You too!

D1JM
07-08-2013, 10:27 PM

i think shaq meant more in a media perspective. the pressure to play in LA, NY, Boston & chicago is huge because of the media.

Delrayhc
07-08-2013, 11:00 PM

i think shaq meant more in a media perspective. the pressure to play in LA, NY, Boston & chicago is huge because of the media.

Good way for th OP to make something out of absolutly out of nothing . I heard it on the radio. Shaq was laughing pretty much as he was saying Houston was a litte city. Shaq was just playin you could hear him.

rapjuicer06
07-09-2013, 12:20 AM
This was Dwights best career move. He was smart going to Houston. His first move I've actually liked in the past 3 years

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 03:47 AM
This was Dwights best career move. He was smart going to Houston. His first move I've actually liked in the past 3 years

I like that you like the move Rap, LOL.

As far as Shaq, it wasn't little when the Rockets swept his *** right out of the finals. Hakeem whipped his fat *** so bad bad his momma was hurting. Then of course we stuck the broom in his ***.

Shaq had very little raw talent. He was just big and strong. Hell if I was 7'1" and 300lbs I could do exactly what Shaq did. He couldn't shoot, hit free throws, or have any skill unrelated to his size and strength. I guess if size and strength count as skills.......

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 03:55 AM
I like that you like the move Rap, LOL.

As far as Shaq, it wasn't little when the Rockets swept his *** right out of the finals. Hakeem whipped his fat *** so bad bad his momma was hurting. Then of course we stuck the broom in his ***.

Shaq had very little raw talent. He was just big and strong. Hell if I was 7'1" and 300lbs I could do exactly what Shaq did. He couldn't shoot, hit free throws, or have any skill unrelated to his size and strength. I guess if size and strength count as skills.......

Shaq in his prime would take a massive dump on Hakeem. It's comical how your best player wouldn't even be a top 3 center in our franchise yet you're talking as if that olajuwon guy is better than Shaq.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Shaq in his prime would take a massive dump on Hakeem. It's comical how your best player wouldn't even be a top 3 center in our franchise yet you're talking as if that olajuwon guy is better than Shaq.

Hakeem is mentioned a lot with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russell in discussions about who's the best center in NBA history. He's also widely described as the most skilled Center in NBA history. Just sayin'

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:11 AM

LOL you're not even worth debating. Hakeem at 31 destroyed Shaq. Players still go to Hakeem for work on their NBA game, NOBODY is going to Shaq for help.

And for the topper here is what Jordan said about Hakeem:

If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.

-Michael Jordan-

Oh and Hakeem is the All-Time Leader in Blocked Shots. Top 10 in Rebounds, Points, and Steals.

LOL what a mook.

goku
07-09-2013, 04:12 AM

Hakeem is the most skilled center to ever play there is a reason why players go to him for lessons even the Great kobe went to see him no one goes to see shaq ....

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Hakeem is mentioned a lot with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russell in discussions about who's the best center in NBA history. He's also widely dubbed the most skilled Center in NBA history. Just sayin'

Homerism maybe? One of the best? Sure I've seen what he's capable of no doubt. But get over it dude, Shaq, The Captain and Wilt the Stilt. Just sayin :). I think it's more of a testament to the greatness of our organization over the years that most franchises' best players wouldn't even stack up to ours anyway. The Dream is really dreaming if he thinks Dwight's doing jack in H-town. The Cap knows best ;)

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Homerism maybe? One of the best? Sure I've seen what he's capable of no doubt. But get over it dude, Shaq, The Captain and Wilt the Stilt. Just sayin :). I think it's more of a testament to the greatness of our organization over the years that most franchises' best players wouldn't even stack up to ours anyway. The Dream is really dreaming if he thinks Dwight's doing jack in H-town. The Cap knows best ;)

Name a skill Shaq possessed? (big and strong is not a skill)

I guess Michael Jordan is a Rockets homer too.....

goku
and lakers wont be doing jack as long a Jim Buss is running the show

ArmLaker
LOL you're not even worth debating. Hakeem at 31 destroyed Shaq. Players still go to Hakeem for work on their NBA game, NOBODY is going to Shaq for help.

Oh and Hakeem is the All-Time Leader in Blocked Shots. Top 10 in Rebounds, Points, and Steals.

LOL what a mook.

What does him being skilled have to do with the fact that Shaq would wipe the floor with him in his prime?

On a side note, Mr. Shaquille O'Neal is training with Cousins while the dream is supposedly going to train with D12(like that'll ever happen). He never even wanted to train with the Captain himself wth is Hakeem going to do that Kareem couldn't. He already did train with Hakeem before but tell me what happened with Dwight's game. BTW the block shots wasn't kept track of during Wilt's and Russell's careers and the earlier part of Kareem's.

So before you bring up that all time leading block statistic at least understand that is a relatively new stat as opposed to rebounds, points and assists.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Name a skill Shaq possessed? (big and strong is not a skill)

His post moves were quite excellent for a man of his size and stature and his passing abilities out of double and even triple teams were out of this world. Dude if we all had to start out with new franchises and had to start off with our big men I'm pretty sure Hakeem would be fringe top 5 at best(I'll take Duncan over him every day of the week)

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:18 AM

there's a reason why so many of today's best players ask Hakeem to mentor them, not Shaq. just sayin'

His post moves were quite excellent for a man of his size and stature and his passing abilities out of double and even triple teams were out of this world. Dude if we all had to start out with new franchises and had to start off with our big men I'm pretty sure Hakeem would be fringe top 5 at best(I'll take Duncan over him every day of the week)

what is this post move that you are claiming shaq had? and i think ALL great Centers in NBA history are good at passing out of double and even triple teams. i think that's a required skill. you can't be one of the greats if you lose the ball every time you get doubled or tripled.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:21 AM

Cool, I'm glad I didn't have to prove you know nothing about basketball, you did all the work for me.

goku
What does him being skilled have to do with the fact that Shaq would wipe the floor with him in his prime?

On a side note, Mr. Shaquille O'Neal is training with Cousins while the dream is supposedly going to train with D12(like that'll ever happen). He never even wanted to train with the Captain himself wth is Hakeem going to do that Kareem couldn't. He already did train with Hakeem before but tell me what happened with Dwight's game. BTW the block shots wasn't kept track of during Wilt's and Russell's careers and the earlier part of Kareem's.

So before you bring up that all time leading block statistic at least understand that is a relatively new stat as opposed to rebounds, points and assists.

so ur saying shaq is going to be able to hold Hakeem tooo ? I think shaq would have a harder time guarding hakeem more so then hakeem would holding shaq

WhiteSoxGod
there's a reason why so many of today's best players ask Hakeem to mentor them, not Shaq. just sayin'

what is this post move that you are claiming shaq had? and i think ALL great Centers in NBA history are good at passing out of double and even triple teams. i think that's a required skill. you can't be one of the great if you lose the ball every time you get doubled or tripled.

LOL EXACTLY. Loving that sig by the way

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:22 AM
so ur saying shaq is going to be able to hold Hakeem tooo ? I think shaq would have a harder time guarding hakeem more so then hakeem would holding shaq

Didn't we see that in the finals already. Hakeem was 31 yrs old by then too, ha ha ha

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:22 AM
So much lullz in this thread. :laugh2:

2 rings>4 rings

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:29 AM

2 rings>4 rings

Shaq didnt win any championships when MJ was playing either :shrug: i'm not understanding what you're trying to prove. no shame in losing to the GOAT. the most important thing is when the GOAT retired, it's Houston that took his place.

goku
07-09-2013, 04:31 AM

2 rings>4 rings

typical laker fan bringing up rings like it aint a team accomplishment we were discussing skill

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:34 AM
typical laker fan bringing up rings like it aint a team accomplishment we were discussing skill

Yeah, Shaq is better than Hakeem in that thing you call skill.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:34 AM

Yeah, that's why their games are shown on the history channel because they love living in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_By2-Z3tOms

Shaq thinks Hakeem is the best.....

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:35 AM

lol @ Lakers homers who think Shaq is more skilled than Hakeem.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-9Z2LF4fI

:laugh2:

goku
07-09-2013, 04:36 AM

lol u mean power yes the more skilled player nah lets relax on that

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 04:38 AM
He was basically a first round knockout outside of those back to backs, thank Jordan eh Astros? Never have I seen so much homerism and stock put into 1 player who really wasn't that great as people or Astros fans make him seem. I guess it was a dream seeing as though it'll never happen again, not with Dwight at least

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Shaq and Wilt, prolly the most dominant forces ever in the history of the NBA.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-9Z2LF4fI

let me quote that video

"Yea 'The Dream' was my favorite because personal reasons. the reason why because he's the guy i couldn't break. Al the great centers...i can get into their heads a little bid...I couldn't get into HIS head...Hakeem to me is #1"

- Shaq

Shaq and Wilt, prolly the most dominant forces ever in the history of the NBA.

not according to your boy

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Don't know why you guys are getting into semantics. Point is, Shaq>Hakeem.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:41 AM
He was basically a first round knockout outside of those back to backs, thank Jordan eh Astros? Never have I seen so much homerism and stock put into 1 player who really wasn't that great as people or Astros fans make him seem. I guess it was a dream seeing as though it'll never happen again, not with Dwight at least

a "basketball fan" who can't tell the difference between the Rockets and the Astros? I think that in itself completely discounts everything you say.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rN70IuofGw

Get Real, in terms of skill, Shaq can't carry Hakeem The Dream's Sneakers.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:44 AM
let me quote that video

"Yea 'The Dream' was my favorite because personal reasons. the reason why because he's the guy i couldn't break. Al the great centers...i can get into their heads a little bid...I couldn't get into HIS head...Hakeem to me is #1"

- Shaq

not according to your boy

Exactly, Shaq knows because Shaq got dominated by him. That was when Shaq was lean and mean too. That was Shaq's prime and Hakeem served him up.

Don't know why you guys are getting into semantics. Point is, Shaq>Hakeem.

By what measure or stat? Care to add any analytical analysis.

a "basketball fan" who can't tell the difference between the Rockets and the Astros? I think that in itself completely discounts everything you say.

No his lack of any analysis or supportive arguments (plus seemingly asinine statements) discounts everything he says. There is no credibility with this one.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Shaqs skill earned him 4 titles with 6 finals appearances. Hakeem the dream. 20 years later Astros are still dreaming lol

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 04:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rN70IuofGw

Get Real, in terms of skill, Shaq can't carry Hakeem The Dream's Sneakers.

In terms of skill, Lebron cant carry Kobe's sneakers. Does not mean that Kobe is the better player.

goku
07-09-2013, 04:49 AM
In terms of skill, Lebron cant carry Kobe's sneakers. Does not mean that Kobe is the better player.

please don't make this into a Lebron vs Kobe thread...............................

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:50 AM

that's actually VERY debatable. there are so many things Lebron can do better than Kobe.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Exactly, Shaq knows because Shaq got dominated by him. That was when Shaq was lean and mean too. That was Shaq's prime and Hakeem served him up.

A second year player at 22 is in his prime? Okay

By any measure or stat you want to look up. Here you go.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=onealsh01&y1=2011&p2=olajuha01&y2=2002

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 04:51 AM

Shaq in 19 seasons: 23.1 PPG, 11 RPG, 2.3 BPG .586 TS% .582 eFG%
Hakeem in 18 seasons: 21.8 PPG, 11 RPG, 3.1 BPG .551 TS% .513 eFG%

You're welcome.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Shaqs skill earned him 4 titles with 6 finals appearances. Hakeem the dream. 20 years later Astros are still dreaming lol

not only can you not claim to be a real basketball fan, your thoughts are incoherent.

goku
07-09-2013, 04:54 AM

You're welcome.

well ofcourse shaq played closer to the basket then hakeem did he should have better stats hakeem was inside and outside threat not to mention the handles he had for a center

again we are talking more skilled player

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:55 AM
everytime a Lakers fan try to argue that Shaq is better, i will respond with this:

"Yea 'The Dream' was my favorite because personal reasons. The reason why because he's the guy I couldn't break. All the great centers...i can get into their heads a little bid...I couldn't get into HIS head...Hakeem to me is #1"

- Shaq from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_By2-Z3tOms (credit to WSG)

goku
07-09-2013, 04:56 AM
if u want to bring up rings to every conversation then Bill Russell the Greatest player ever since he have 11 rings

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Kenny smith didn't even have that dreamer guy in his top 10 but never did he hesitate to put shaq and Kobe up there and this was before rings 4 and 5 lol

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 04:57 AM
if u want to bring up rings to every conversation then Bill Russell the Greatest player ever since he have 11 rings

yup...Russell's the GOAT. Sam Jones is a close second. and Robert Horry > Kobe Bryant.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:58 AM

You're welcome.

So what you're saying is the guy that actually took shots at the baskets (Hakeem) not just dunks (Shaq) did not have a better fg% (including the various metrics)? Shocking!!

Dunking when you're 7-1 is not a skill. What skills did Shaq posses? Post moves? LOL turning around and muscling through people is not a move. LOL

Asik's better
07-09-2013, 05:01 AM

Shaq also played with wade and some guy called Kobe. Hakeem played with Clyde, horry and cassell. Who had more help?

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Shaq also played with wade and some guy called Kobe. Hakeem played with Clyde, horry and cassell. Who had more help?

But Shaq carried Kobe.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:04 AM
But Shaq carried Kobe.

doesn't change the fact that Hakeem is more skilled. he was just pointing out that Shaq had better teammates. also, Hakeem didnt win more championships for the same reason why all ther 90s great didn't win any championships...cause of the GOAT.

you know...come to think of it...all Shaq was is a bigger, stronger Dwight Howard.

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:04 AM
doesn't change the fact that Hakeem is more skilled.

you know...come to think of it...all Shaq was is a bigger, stronger Dwight Howard.

Lol.

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:06 AM
doesn't change the fact that Hakeem is more skilled.

Thats why Shaq was better than Kobe, and Dwight was not even "the man" when Kobe was 35 and he is in his prime.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Thats why Shaq was better than Kobe, and Dwight was not even "the man" when Kobe was 35 and he is in his prime.

That's because Kobe is an arrogant as****e. He could be 50 and if he was on the team he'd be "the man".

goku
07-09-2013, 05:11 AM
according to laker fans having more rings make u more skilled

Horry > kobe

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:13 AM
according to laker fans having more rings make u more skilled

Horry > kobe

And David Car is a bad *** motherfuker too because he has 2 Super Bowl Rings!!! LOL

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:14 AM

Some of the greatest role players and a nice 2nd man named Clyde the Glide Drexler. Basically Dallas 2011. Speaking of Dallas, Dirk beat the Miami big 3 that year including LeBron, are we going to say Dirk is better? That is basically what most of the Astro homers are doing regarding Shaq and the dream. Tell me, where was the dream pre 94 and post 95?? I seriously don't see anything this guy did noteworthy throughout his career to be in the same convo with Shaquille O'Neal outside those two years. If rings aren't being taken into account here then I will gladly say Patrick Ewing and David Robinson deserve their respect as well. I would go so far as to say Malone and Barkley were more dominant and more talented throughout their careers if we're not using rings as a standard. People are such hypocrites. If you're going to hype up your only superstar in franchise history, don't try to make it seem as if he was MJ as a center please, especially to Laker fans who can name you 5 players better than your best.

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Comparing Dwight to Shaq may have been the dumbest thing i read all year.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:16 AM
That's because Kobe is an arrogant as****e. He could be 50 and if he was on the team he'd be "the man".

Let's tell Kobe to give up the throne to a mental midget instead who faded into obscurity during the playoffs without Kobe, you know his only chance to prove his worth. Let's give it to that guy who didn't even want to be here anyways, right? You don't always need stats to know who's right and who's wrong guy, open your eyes and quit being a homer/hater.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:17 AM

What reason do you have to argue that Kobe wasn't the man even at 35? Let's here it mr statistics and analysis.

goku
07-09-2013, 05:17 AM
And David Car is a bad *** motherfuker too because he has 2 Super Bowl Rings!!! LOL

exactly

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Being able to be so dominant and make opposing C's look like rag dolls IS a skill. Dwight is also big and strong, why isn't he doing what Shaq was doing?

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Horry won 6 as a role player... Mentioning rings is significant when talking about guys who were the 1st or 2nd best on that championship team.

ArmLaker
Being able to be so dominant and make opposing C's look like rag dolls IS a skill. Dwight is also big and strong, why isn't he doing what Shaq was doing?

Because he's a *****, why else?

WhiteSoxGod
Some of the greatest role players and a nice 2nd man named Clyde the Glide Drexler. Basically Dallas 2011. Speaking of Dallas, Dirk beat the Miami big 3 that year including LeBron, are we going to say Dirk is better? That is basically what most of the Astro homers are doing regarding Shaq and the dream. Tell me, where was the dream pre 94 and post 95?? I seriously don't see anything this guy did noteworthy throughout his career to be in the same convo with Shaquille O'Neal outside those two years. If rings aren't being taken into account here then I will gladly say Patrick Ewing and David Robinson deserve their respect as well. I would go so far as to say Malone and Barkley were more dominant and more talented throughout their careers if we're not using rings as a standard. People are such hypocrites. If you're going to hype up your only superstar in franchise history, don't try to make it seem as if he was MJ as a center please, especially to Laker fans who can name you 5 players better than your best.

You must be 16 years old, this literally proves how little basketball knowledge you have. The Rockets had 7 Hall of Fame Players: Rick Barry, Elvin Hayes, Calvin Murphy, Moses Malone, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon.

Then of course Ralph Sampson deserves a mention. Hakeem was a GREAT player his entire career. He did not have the fortunate luck to have an owner that could buy championship teams and an NBA system that allowed him to do so.

goku

wat moves did shaq have other then powering his way towards the basket for a dunk and an occasional hook shot

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:26 AM

lol at Lakers fans thinking being "big" and "strong" is a "skill."

Comparing Dwight to Shaq may have been the dumbest thing i read all year.

why is Howard so dominant? it's certainly not because of his skills. Howard's dominant because he's bigger, stronger, and more athletic than other centers in the league. sound familiar?

c.c.

Mike D'Antoni don't run those type of plays

ArmLaker
wat moves did shaq have other then powering his way towards the basket for a dunk ?

The 4 championship move

YouCan'tBeatLA
Because he's a *****, why else?

Pau made Dwight his ***** in the. 2009 Finals. Pau>Dwight.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Mike D'Antoni don't run those type of plays

Because D'Antoni doesn't "run those type of plays", all of a sudden prevented Howard from dunking and bullying those inferior players? Like Shaq said, you have to adapt sometimes. You have to add a bit of your own besides the gameplan. This just shows how silly some of you fans are and I'm the 16 year old? Are you guys even looking at what you're typing sometimes?

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:29 AM
why is Howard so dominant? it's certainly not because of his skills. Howard's dominant because he's bigger, stronger, and more athletic than other centers in the league. sound familiar?

Lol at Howard being dominant.

goku
07-09-2013, 05:30 AM
The 4 championship move

see this is why no one like laker fans cant have a argument without them bringing up team accomplishments

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Because D'Antoni doesn't "run those type of plays", all of a sudden prevented Howard from dunking and bullying those inferior players? Like Shaq said, you have to adapt sometimes. You have to add a bit of your own besides the gameplan. This just shows how silly some of you fans are and I'm the 16 year old? Are you guys even looking at what you're typing sometimes?

These people are filled with excuses.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:32 AM
You must be 16 years old, this literally proves how little basketball knowledge you have. The Rockets had 7 Hall of Fame Players: Rick Barry, Elvin Hayes, Calvin Murphy, Moses Malone, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon.

Then of course Ralph Sampson deserves a mention. Hakeem was a GREAT player his entire career. He did not have the fortunate luck to have an owner that could buy championship teams and an NBA system that allowed him to do so.

He won with a bunch of great role players and Drexler. If he was so great then what had stopped him from winning not 2 not 3 but more? Then Astros acquired Barkley to go along with him and Clyde. Also I remember Pippen being there for a short while. He's not as great as some of you think he is. I personally think he was a great player as well, but all this overrating and homerism just really irks me sometimes. Maybe his longevity sucked ***? After his title run he just fell off the map I guess. Did he even make the All Star teams anymore after? Probably once or twice?

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Is athleticism not a skill? Are you just born with it?

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:34 AM
see this is why no one like laker fans cant have a argument without them bringing up team accomplishments

Speak on your behalf. We have more Laker fans in Houston than Astros fans. Don't whine and ***** about "no one likes Laker fans" boohoo like a chick just because you can't own up to your words. You're not everyone to make a bold claim of that sort. But then again you think the dream is better than shaq. How funny is it though the dream teaching the dwightmare post moves. lol he's a dream and he's a dwightmare!!!!

c.c.
07-09-2013, 05:35 AM
These people are filled with excuses.

Okay when Mchale draw up plays that put Dwight back in the paint, you gonna get a chance to see Chis Caveman and Paula Gasol get bullied down there.

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Okay when Mchale draw up plays that put Dwight back in the paint, you gonna get a chance to see Chis Caveman and Paula Gasol get bullied down there.

Where was he before?

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:36 AM
He won with a bunch of great role players and Drexler. If he was so great then what had stopped him from winning not 2 not 3 but more? Then Astros acquired Barkley to go along with him and Clyde. Also I remember Pippen being there for a short while. He's not as great as some of you think he is. I personally think he was a great player as well, but all this overrating and homerism just really irks me sometimes. Maybe his longevity sucked ***? After his title run he just fell off the map I guess. Did he even make the All Star teams anymore after? Probably once or twice?

Olajuwon made the All-star game almost every year of his career as a Rocket from 1985 to 1997. Again, since I obviously remember the 80's and 90's in the NBA you should probably not focus on the past but the Lakers future.

And for an example of what he did "before 1994" Hakeem averaged 37 PPG and 16.8 RPG in '87-'88 playoffs and shot 88% from the free throw line, let's see Shaq do that, LOL!!!

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:37 AM

Just like when Paula got bullied in the 09 finals, right?

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Lol at Howard being dominant.

lol at Lakers fans being in denial due to their butthurt. before Howard chose Houston, Lakers wanted Howard to stay. why? cause he is dominant. why he is dominant? cause of size, strength, and athleticism. what was Shaq dominant? because of his size and strength.

but yea...i'm getting too tired to continue this back and forth. it's 2:38am right now (i live in Vegas...moved here from Houston a year ago). how bout my fellow Houstonians...why aren't you tired? isn't it 4am over there right now?

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:40 AM
lol at Lakers fans being in denial due to their butthurt. before Howard chose Houston, Lakers wanted Howard to stay. why? cause he is dominant. why he is dominant? cause of size, strength, and athleticism. what was Shaq dominant? because of his size and strength.

Notice how Shaq was more effective well into his mid 30s and beyond BECAUSE OF HIS POST GAME and DEFENSE. He was a killer on the court. Compare Dwight to Kwame not Shaq. Call me in a couple of years when Howard's athleticism fades and when Astro fans can't wait to trade his *** and hope for him to opt out

c.c.
07-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Speak on your behalf. We have more Laker fans in Houston than Astros fans. Don't whine and ***** about "no one likes Laker fans" boohoo like a chick just because you can't own up to your words. You're not everyone to make a bold claim of that sort. But then again you think the dream is better than shaq. How funny is it though the dream teaching the dwightmare post moves. lol he's a dream and he's a dwightmare!!!!

Them are ban-wagon fans, those same guys are now Rockets fans or fans of another franchise. Just like those guys on page 2, 3, or 4 with Laker names but have Rockets signatures and pictures. Just like you that's gonna be a Clippers fan by the middle of the season. Only down with teams while they contenders.

EDIT: matter of fact it was "youcantbeatLA" that had his signature and pic change lol, you LA Fakers fan. You went back and changed it again. You and that other guy I spoke up on, on page 3 and 4

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:41 AM

When will you and others realize that basketball is a team game but the best players in the league are the ones that win the championships. Its not like baseball and football where the entire team plays an equal part in the success or failure of the team. The best baseball player in the world cannot impact what happens with his teammates. Same thing with the best football player. Even the best QB only plays one side of the field. So if his defense sucks, he wont win.

But in basketball, the best players in the league can make a team a contender. Shaq played in a team sport but he has far more to do and deserves much more credit for a championship than Tom Brady or any great baseball player. Trying to say its a team accomplishment is only to diminish a players value.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Olajuwon made the All-star game almost every year of his career as a Rocket from 1985 to 1997. Again, since I obviously remember the 80's and 90's in the NBA you should probably not focus on the past but the Lakers future.

And for an example of what he did "before 1994" Hakeem averaged 33 PPG and 15 RPG in '87-'88 and shot 88% from the free throw line, let's see Shaq do that, LOL!!!

Took you long enough to google that stat, great job. How did that end up for him? That's right years of mediocrity and almost ended up getting traded because of contract negotiations gone bad.

You know what's more sad? Shaq shot worse from the line and won 4 championships. That's just greatness right there :D

c.c.
07-09-2013, 05:45 AM

but yea...i'm getting to tired to continue this back and forth. it's 2:38am right now (i live in Vegas...moved here from Houston a year ago). how bout my fellow Houstonians...why aren't you tired? isn't it 4am over there right now?

Yeah but we couldn't leave you hanging while these LA Fakers was ganging up on you.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:45 AM
When will you and others realize that basketball is a team game but the best players in the league are the ones that win the championships. Its not like baseball and football where the entire team plays an equal part is the success or failure of the team. The best baseball player in the world cannot impact what happens with his teammates. Same thing with the best football player. Even the best QB only plays one side of the field. So if his defense sucks, he wont win.

But in basketball, the best players in the league can make a team a contender. Shaq played in a team sport but he has far more to do and deserves much more credit for a championship than Tom Brady or any great baseball player. Trying to say its a team accomplishment is only to diminish a players value.

That's their way of trying to slight Shaq's greatness in order to attempt to lower him just so they can compare their boy to ours. Quite pathetic actually. But watch go ahead and tell him Karl Malone and Barkley were greater players overall and they'd send a **** storm your way as if you were the anti-Christ or something

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 05:46 AM

Not disagreeing with you, i for one wanted Howard to stay and i don't hate the guy for leaving, but you and some other Rocket fans are making Howard to be something he is not, he is not a dominant player, at least he was not last season, and comparing him to Shaq is laughable. Why was he not the man last season? Not because Kobe is an arrogant bastard, but because he is not good enough to be it, and it showed in the playoffs. We have seen the best of Dwight Howard.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:46 AM

And for an example of what he did "before 1994" Hakeem averaged 33 PPG and 15 RPG in '87-'88 and shot 88% from the free throw line, let's see Shaq do that, LOL!!!

Hakeem never averaged more than 27.8 points and never averaged more than 14 rebounds per game in any season let alone those averages in the same year. That while playing in the fast paced 80's. Do you think you cant just throw crap out there without anyone calling you on it?

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:47 AM

but yea...i'm getting to tired to continue this back and forth. it's 2:38am right now (i live in Vegas...moved here from Houston a year ago). how bout my fellow Houstonians...why aren't you tired? isn't it 4am over there right now?

It's 5:47 here. Nah I'm good to go lol. I always work early mornings.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Them are ban-wagon fans, those same guys are now Rockets fans or fans of another franchise. Just like those guys on page 2, 3, or 4 with Laker names but have Rockets signatures and pictures. Just like you that's gonna be a Clippers fan by the middle of the season. Only down with teams while they contenders.

Rewind back to the 04-05 Laker season......yeah I had to go through all that 82 games in a row. My eyes were bleeding. Speak for yourself, you just got Howard and now you're thinking you're the ****, then you'll take that LeBron jersey out of your closet again.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Notice how Shaq was more effective well into his mid 30s and beyond BECAUSE OF HIS POST GAME and DEFENSE. He was a killer on the court. Compare Dwight to Kwame not Shaq. Call me in a couple of years when Howard's athleticism fades and when Astro fans can't wait to trade his *** and hope for him to opt out

you're a real confused dude. do you even know what sport you're discussing?

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-09-2013, 05:49 AM

Okay, Dwight has one more tool than Shaq, so why hasn't he been doing anything close to the vicinity of what Shaq has done?

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Yeah but we couldn't leave you hanging while these LA Fakers was ganging up on you.

lol thank you sir

daaang did you even sleep? lol

Okay, Dwight has one more tool than Shaq, so why hasn't he been doing anything close to the vicinity of what Shaq has done?

are you arguing that Dwight is dominant because of other reasons? not understanding what you're trying to get at. beyond size, strength, and athleticism, i don't know of any reason why Dwight's dominant.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Hakeem never averaged more than 27.8 points and never averaged more than 14 rebounds per game in any season let alone those averages in the same year. That while playing in the fast paced 80's. Do you think you cant just throw crap out there without anyone calling you on it?

Good eye buddy, I knew something was wrong when he was throwing out past his prime Abdul Jabbar numbers at me. Maybe he mistook Kareem and Hakeem

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:51 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/olajuha01.html

Crap? LOL How does it feel when you're wrong? Yeah I know just as I said 33 PPG and 15 RPG in '87-'88. I was referring to the playoffs that season look down the stat sheet of the source I cited earlier.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:52 AM

With those numbers you threw out there for Hakeems 87/88 year, I think you should catch some shut eye.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:53 AM
lol thank you sir

daaang did you even sleep? lol

are you arguing that Dwight is dominant because of other reasons? not understanding what you're trying to get at.
Rarely, lol I am working on my doctoral thesis (have been for 3 1/2 years now but whatever ha ha almost done) as well as work a full-time job. I attend my classes 3 times a week as well. I get to work mostly from home so not too bad.

c.c.
Not disagreeing with you, i for one wanted Howard to stay and i don't hate the guy for leaving, but you and some other Rocket fans are making Howard to be something he is not, he is not a dominant player, at least he was not last season, and comparing him to Shaq is laughable. Why was he not the man last season? Not because Kobe is an arrogant bastard, but because he is not good enough to be it, and it showed in the playoffs. We have seen the best of Dwight Howard.

Because the chemistry was bad and he didn't wanna be there. His all was not given

WhiteSoxGod
With those numbers you threw out there for Hakeems 87/88 year, I think you should catch some shut eye.

It was supposed to say 87-88 playoffs. That's why I posted the source.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 05:54 AM

Crap? LOL How does it feel when you're wrong? Yeah I know just as I said 33 PPG and 15 RPG in '87-'88. I was referring to the playoffs that season look down the stat sheet of the source I cited earlier.

Now show us Shaq's playoff numbers kind sir

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Rarely, lol I am working on my doctoral thesis (have been for 3 1/2 years now but whatever ha ha almost done) as well as work a full-time job. I attend my classes 3 times a week as well. I get to work mostly from home so not too bad.

remember those days...i used to something like that...worked full time and went to school full time (not for doctoral tho :laugh2: for bachelor)...it was tough man. hold on there, you'll get through

DODGERS&LAKERS

Don't know, never been wrong. :shrug:

FOBolous

remember those days...i used to something like that...worked full time and went to school full time (not for doctoral tho :laugh2: for bachelor)...it was tough man. hold on there, you'll get through

goku
07-09-2013, 05:57 AM
When will you and others realize that basketball is a team game but the best players in the league are the ones that win the championships. Its not like baseball and football where the entire team plays an equal part in the success or failure of the team. The best baseball player in the world cannot impact what happens with his teammates. Same thing with the best football player. Even the best QB only plays one side of the field. So if his defense sucks, he wont win.

lol I know shaq was great I watched him more then hakeem but I also know what skill is compare to over powering ur and dunking on a player

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 05:58 AM
It was supposed to say 87-88 playoffs. That's why I posted the source.

That was an amazing 4 game run. His teammates must have been playing like booty sweat to have him perform like that and get beat in 4 games

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Now show us Shaq's playoff numbers kind sir

Sure:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Shaq never averaged more than 30 PPG amd right at 15 RPG.

Hakeem's best was 37 PPG and 16.8 RPG

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:00 AM
lol I know shaq was great I watched him more then hakeem but I also know what skill is compare to over powering ur and dunking on a player

Hakeem had great skill for an undersized C....I believe he was 6'9", he didn't even seem that much taller than Kobe tbh....but don't you dare discredit Shaq's skill especially when you mostly saw his power side.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Hakeem had great skill for an undersized C....I believe he was 6'9", he didn't even seem that much taller than Kobe tbh....but don't you dare discredit Shaq's skill especially when you mostly saw his power side.

And that tells you all you need to know about your basketball IQ.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Rewind back to the 04-05 Laker season......yeah I had to go through all that 82 games in a row. My eyes were bleeding. Speak for yourself, you just got Howard and now you're thinking you're the ****, then you'll take that LeBron jersey out of your closet again.

One freaking season, wow that was so hard for you! Check my history here, been reppin Rockets since I came here and many years before.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Shaq has the right to talk ****. In all honesty, Dwight isn't fit to wear his jock strap. Put Shaq on this years Lakers team in place of Howard...

Don't like to deal in hypotheticals, but just something to thing about.

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Sure:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Shaq never averaged more than 30 PPG amd right at 15 RPG.

Hakeem's best was 37 PPG and 16.8 RPG

Shaq did that for 23 games, if your going to take a 4 game span, ill take Shaq's finals stats of 99-00, where he average; 38pts/17boards/3blocks/61% fg in a 6 game span.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:05 AM

Shaq had a hook and a drop step in the post. Moves that were so dominant that he did not need to develop anything else. Why step out for a 10 to 20 footer when they are the most inefficient shots in basketball? Shaq's offensive numbers are awesome. You do not have those numbers if you are just big and strong. There are plenty of big strong 7 footers who cant do what he could do.

He had great hands and quick feet for any man let alone for a man his size.

He was a great passer out of the post.

Like I said earlier, there are people that have to develop skills due to not being as gifted physically, (Hakeem, Kobe) and guys that are so great at being big, fast and strong with just enough skill to get by with one or two moves. (Shaq, Lebron)

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:05 AM
One freaking season, wow that was so hard for you! Check my history here, been reppin Rockets since I came here and many years before.

No offense, you're used to sucking and sometimes sucking hard. I'm not used to it, the worst I expect from my club is deep playoff runs. Try being a Laker fan and have 1 terrible season without the playoffs, its the worst. Thankfully I've only endured it once or twice in my lifetime.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:06 AM

Who cares...Shaq is still the more accomplished player when it comes down to it. No dis on Hakeem, Shaq was just that good. Hakeem is still in my top ten of all time for sure, but Shaq is in my top five. The real debate is Shaq and Wilt, not Shaq and Hakeem.

Nice user name BTW.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:06 AM
And that tells you all you need to know about your basketball IQ.

How tall was he 6'8"?

Gagan136
07-09-2013, 06:07 AM
How tall was he 6'8"?

Listed at 7 feet

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Shaq had a hook and a drop step in the post. Moves that were so dominant that he did not need to develop anything else. Why step out for a 10 to 20 footer when they are the most inefficient shots in basketball? Shaq's offensive numbers are awesome. You do not have those numbers if you are just big and strong. There are plenty of big strong 7 footers who cant do what he could do.

He had great hands and quick feet for any man let alone for a man his size.

He was a great passer out of the post.

Like I said earlier, there are people that have to develop skills due to not being as gifted physically, (Hakeem, Kobe) and guys that are so great at being big, fast and strong with just enough skill to get by with one or two moves. (Shaq, Lebron)

Those aren't skills according to Astros fans. You must be able to pump fake your opponent, do a nice couple of fakes and use elegant footwork and only win 2 championships throughout your career.

ArmLaker
Listed at 7 feet

Go check his height next to Kobe while they're training. No way is he half a damn foot taller than Kobe. NO WAY

c.c.
No offense, you're used to sucking and sometimes sucking hard. I'm not used to it, the worst I expect from my club is deep playoff runs. Try being a Laker fan and have 1 terrible season without the playoffs, its the worst. Thankfully I've only endured it once or twice in my lifetime.

Well get use to it now, forecast says there's 80% chance of sucking for the next 3 years

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Shaq did that for 23 games, if your going to take a 4 game span, ill take Shaq's finals stats of 99-00, where he average; 38pts/17boards/3blocks/61% fg in a 6 game span.

Lol...It's honestly not even worth debating Shaq and Hakeem. You just have to laugh at these guys and move on. The body of work speaks for itself.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Well get use to it now, forecast says there's 80% chance of sucking for the next 3 years

I'm in LA not Houston. Lol at you for actually thinking we're gonna suck. Worst case scenario we tank hard, end up with a great rookie or two. Re-sign Kobe and gasol and add a nice max free agent or two and acquire nice pieces around em......now tell me, does that not sound more enticing that brickhouse howard and bearded douche and chandler mj 2.0 parsons?

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:11 AM

Don't get too cocky now Houston fans. You will be good, but I don't see you all making it past a 4 seed and a second round exit this season. I'm sure thats some sort of victory in your eyes, but here in Laker land, we only celebrate championships.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:12 AM

So you know what they will look like in 14/15? Please tell me what else your crystal ball sees?

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:12 AM
I respect the Lakers and their rich history but their fans are the worst. Worst than Heat fans :puke:

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm in LA not Houston. Lol at you for actually thinking we're gonna suck. Worst case scenario we tank hard, end up with a great rookie or two. Re-sign Kobe and gasol and add a nice max free agent or two and acquire nice pieces around em......now tell me, does that not sound more enticing that brickhouse howard and bearded douche and chandler mj 2.0 parsons?

Ya, they are getting real excited in Houston over being a 4 seed. Even in 2012 we were a 3 seed and it was considered a failure. Guess it's all about where you set the bar. Lol.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I respect the Lakers and their rich history but their fans are the worst. Worst than Heat fans :puke:

Ya, Laker fans can be a bit arrogant at times, but to compare us to Heat fans...well, thats just a low blow. At least we are there during the down times. Don't remember seeing many Heat fans around here before "The Decision".

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Don't get too cocky now Houston fans. You will be good, but I don't see you all making it past a 4 seed and a second round exit this season. I'm sure thats some sort of victory in your eyes, but here in Laker land, we only celebrate championships.

You see them being better than the Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Warriors, Nuggets, and Grizzlies next year? I don't. I think they will be a 7 seed. But there is still plenty of time to make roster moves so that may change

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Don't get too cocky now Houston fans. You will be good, but I, don't seeyou all making it past a 4 seed and a second round exit this season. I'm sure thats some sort of victory in your eyes, but here in Laker land, we only celebrate championships.

You didn't see Dwight leaving neither, if so you wouldn't of been praising him so hard when he got traded here. Now you can't say one good thing about the guy.

goku
07-09-2013, 06:18 AM

this

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:19 AM
You see them being better than the Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Warriors, Nuggets, and Grizzlies next year? I don't. I think they will be a 7 seed. But there is still plenty of time to make roster moves so that may change

I'm figuring they get Josh Smith.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Ya, Laker fans can be a bit arrogant at times, but to compare us to Heat fans...well, thats just a low blow. At least we are there during the down times. Don't remember seeing many Heat fans around here before "The Decision".

I'm quite sure most of you will turn into Clippers fans soon, I've seen some of you all started switching already

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:21 AM

What do you expect when you make comments like the one you did with no basis.

Also,When the Rockets or any other team lose a free agent, people feel sorry for them and don't compound things by talking crap about the players, the coach, the owner and the fans. The first comments from everyone when Howard chose the Rockets were "I love that the Lakers are going to suck", "Suck it Laker fans", "Lakers are set back for the next decade" so on and so forth and in some cases much worst. So we are already upset that they lost an asset but we have to listen to people kick us while we are down? No other team has to go through that. So of course Laker fans are going to act like anyone would when backed into a corner and come out swinging with their history and great players. Its a natural reaction. If people want Laker fans to act better, they should look in the mirror and stop trying to antagonize all the time

goku
07-09-2013, 06:21 AM

lol yall have Jimmy bust running things now until he is gone don't expect much

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm figuring they get Josh Smith.

You think Detroit just signed him to trade him? They could not get him until almost January as well

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:22 AM
You didn't see Dwight leaving neither, if so you wouldn't of been praising him so hard when he got traded here. Now you can't say one good thing about the guy.

I actually predicted Dwight would leave. I honestly don't fault him all that much for it. The current Lakers situation just wasn't for him and the Laker current management is a complete joke mostly thanks to Jimmy "Fredo" Buss. But to compare him to Shaq is just a joke. Shaq would have stayed for sure and we would have won at least one game against the San Antonio Spurs. You can't deny that Shaq is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Howard. Shaq has the right to talk **** even though Jim Buss is the main reason Dwight left.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:23 AM

Put yourself in your situation. Pretend for a second that you're a Lakers fan and what you got from this guy all season long. Then tell me if there is anything good to say about this guy. I would've said something great if he re-signed and faced his doubters to prove them wrong and win championships, but that ship has sailed. He couldn't do it with a Kobe who had one of his best seasons in recent years and a great big man in Gasol with a prehistoric yet effect Nash. What in the hell makes you think he's not going to start whining and moaning when he hits a roadblock in a team with inferior players to say the least?

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:24 AM
You think Detroit just signed him to trade him? They could not get him until almost January as well

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Still, a 4 seed is nothing to brag about. Guess it's considered a victory for a team that hasn't sniffed the WCF since 95.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:24 AM

Jimmy bust has traded for CP3, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, all while not strangling the team with bad contracts for years to come. The only bad move he has done is sign D'antoni. Show me a team who has not hired the wrong coach once or twice

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm quite sure most of you will turn into Clippers fans soon, I've seen some of you all started switching already

Show me those so called fans.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:25 AM

I agree with that 100%.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:27 AM

He got us CP3, Nash, and ***** made D12 which seemed legit at the time. Have the Astros done anything as great in recent years never mind in their history? This is Jimmy Bust who would probably be the owner of the year if he was your owner.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Jimmy bust has traded for CP3, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, all while not strangling the team with bad contracts for years to come. The only bad move he has done is sign D'antoni. Show me a team who has not hired the wrong coach once or twice

Come on man, I got your back and all since we are both Laker fans, but lets not go around defending Jimmy Buss. He completely deserves all the crap he gets. He took a championship squad and turned them into a mediocre team. It takes a special kind of moron to do that.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:28 AM
I agree with that 100%.

Besides the hiring of D'Antoni over Phil, which was his father's dying wish btw. To see showtime basketball at least once more before he passed. I'm sure most of us would fulfill our fathers' wishes as well in that situation. What has he done that's so terrible and that he could've avoided?

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:28 AM
He got us CP3, Nash, and ***** made D12 which seemed legit at the time. Have the Astros done anything as great in recent years never mind in their history? This is Jimmy Bust who would probably be the owner of the year if he was your owner.

Come on man, lets not get carried away. Jim Buss is the worst owner in all of basketball. We should all be praying that Jeanie takes over asap if we are to become relevant again.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Besides the hiring of D'Antoni over Phil, which was his father's dying wish btw. To see showtime basketball at least once more before he passed. I'm sure most of us would fulfill our fathers' wishes as well in that situation. What has he done that's so terrible and that he could've avoided?

Where do you want me to begin...lol

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:30 AM

If you could not tell, "YouCantbeatLA" and "Lakermaster24" were having some fun with Houston fans. I would not call that switching, more like baiting. And I don't see people jumping off of the Laker bandwagon. I see them jump on in every city the Lakers play in, but never once have I heard, "The Lakers are not going for it, I am going to root for the ....." Never!

I wonder if that is why people don't like the Laker fans. Because they live in your city and you have to hear their crap all day. I know I cant stand it when I see so many Yankee fans at Dodger stadium. I understand it but I don't like it.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:32 AM

Also,When the Rockets or any other team lose a free agent, people feel sorry for them and don't compound things by talking crap about the players, the coach, the owner and the fans. The first comments from everyone when Howard chose the Rockets were "I love that the Lakers are going to suck", "Suck it Laker fans", "Lakers are set back for the next decade" so on and so forth and in some cases much worst. So we are already upset that they lost an asset but we have to listen to people kick us while we are down? No other team has to go through that. So of course Laker fans are going to act like anyone would when backed into a corner and come out swinging with their history and great players. Its a natural reaction. If people want Laker fans to act better, they should look in the mirror and stop trying to antagonize all the time

Do the Memphis Grizzlies and Orlando Magic ring a bell to you. Especially the Orlando Magic, Laker fans was comparing that Dwight trade to how they got Shaq in the 90's. How small of a market Orlando was, he's gonna stay because its LA not Orlando, we always get the good end of the lopsided deals because we LA, etc. Lol just love to put every franchise beneath y'all and want to be praised. Stuff like "its bad for the Lakers to not be contenders because everyone wanna see them", speak for yourself and not for all NBA fans!

goku

he chose a mediocre coach over a franchise player who wanted phil and would have stayed had phil been there really in truly howard was doing yall a favor trying to get phil back ...kobe even asked for shaw and he signed who Dantoni so Jim Bust has done a great job destroying all of that in a year time frame

amos1er

LMAO!!! His fathers dying wish was to hire D'Antoni over Phil. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get your facts straight. Thats all Jim Buss propaganda. Please find me one credible source to back that up. His dying wish was for his no-good son to run basketball operations. Which was the worst decision he ever made sadly. Guess we can give him a pass considering he was delusional, suffering from dementia and on heavy drugs while on his death bed.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:33 AM
he chose a mediocre coach over a franchise player who wanted phil and would have stayed had phil been there really in truly howard was doing yall a favor trying to get phil back ...kobe even asked for shaw and he signed who Dantoni so Jim Bust has done a great job destroying all of that in a year time frame

Completely agree. This coming from a 25 year Laker fan too. Jim is a disgrace and an ego maniac. He must be stopped.

goku
07-09-2013, 06:34 AM

LOL Donald sterling is the best owner in LA right now kill that noise

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Come on man, I got your back and all since we are both Laker fans, but lets not go around defending Jimmy Buss. He completely deserves all the crap he gets. He took a championship squad and turned them into a mediocre team. It takes a special kind of moron to do that.

I'm sure and he''s not exempt from deserved criticism but what exactly was it that really ticked most Laker fans off? We were never really in a great situation to make moves with an aging roster and new CBA to begin with. Btw, how do we even know Jeanie is qualified to run this franchise. She can turn out to be a bigger idiot than her brother for all we know. Unless she's setting something up for Phil.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Don't make me go Super Saiyan 4 on your ***

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Show me those so called fans.

Lakersmaster24 and YoucantbeatLA has been ship hopping back n fourth from Lakers and Rockets since Dwight decision

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Agreed

goku
07-09-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm sure and he''s not exempt from deserved criticism but what exactly was it that really ticked most Laker fans off? We were never really in a great situation to make moves with an aging roster and new CBA to begin with. Btw, how do we even know Jeanie is qualified to run this franchise. She can turn out to be a bigger idiot than her brother for all we know. Unless she's setting something up for Phil.

lol for u to be laker fan u really don't know how bad Jim Bust screwed ur organization I know more then u do and im not a laker fan

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:40 AM

For the Mike D hiring I totally agree. But what else? If the CP3 trade does not get blocked. Dwight gets his wish to play with him as a Laker. Dwight does not leave and the Lakers are contenders for another 5 to 8 years.

Eventually you have to pay the piper for being so good for so long. We are not going to be able to build through the draft due to having such a good record, and could only sign 5 million dollar players. The one time we had a decent pick they got Bynum who nobody else wanted. I remember on draft day the experts saying "what are the Lakers doing" Jim Buss had the eye for that guy and was able to trade him for Howard.

They also drafted Marc Gasol in the second round who has proven to be a very good player.

Point is, usually teams go into a rebuilding mode where they have to suck for 4 to 5 years and build up picks and young talent. The Lakers tried to compete for rings with a talented team and then compete the very next year with a new cast of great players going forward for the next 5 to 7 years. Its genius if it would have worked. Hiring D'antoni may have stopped those plans but we don't know yet

goku
07-09-2013, 06:41 AM

she wanted Phil to coach the team or be involved in the organization that's why laker fans been crying for her to run the franchise

goku
07-09-2013, 06:43 AM

Jim Bust is the sole reason howard not a laker

ArmLaker
Lakersmaster24 and YoucantbeatLA has been ship hopping back n fourth from Lakers and Rockets since Dwight decision

I know the latter personally and he's just laughing at you guys, that's all I'm going to say :D

c.c.
Put yourself in your situation. Pretend for a second that you're a Lakers fan and what you got from this guy all season long. Then tell me if there is anything good to say about this guy. I would've said something great if he re-signed and faced his doubters to prove them wrong and win championships, but that ship has sailed. He couldn't do it with a Kobe who had one of his best seasons in recent years and a great big man in Gasol with a prehistoric yet effect Nash. What in the hell makes you think he's not going to start whining and moaning when he hits a roadblock in a team with inferior players to say the least?

Did he or did he not say that the Magic could trade him all they want but he is not agreeing to resign nowhere but Brooklyn. Right or wrong? Blame your organization for thinking they was gonna make him stay

ArmLaker
Jim Bust is the sole reason howard not a laker

Kame-hame-HAAAAAAA!!!!

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Management made errors no doubt but they also made some good moves like CP3 deal, Nash and Dwight as I have stated before. There was effort on their part but it backfired unfortunately. It's a business no less, sometimes it goes well and at times it doesn't. I wanna see what people would think of management once they get their act together and start winning again.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Do the Memphis Grizzlies and Orlando Magic ring a bell to you. Especially the Orlando Magic, Laker fans was comparing that Dwight trade to how they got Shaq in the 90's. How small of a market Orlando was, he's gonna stay because its LA not Orlando, we always get the good end of the lopsided deals because we LA, etc. Lol just love to put every franchise beneath y'all and want to be praised. Stuff like "its bad for the Lakers to not be contenders because everyone wanna see them", speak for yourself and not for all NBA fans!

What came first? Chicken or the egg? Were Laker fans being baited by every other teams fans the reason that some act the way they do? Or did Laker fans actions lead other teams fans to hate them and act the way they do. From my experience, I always notice some fan of another team says something stupid about the Lakers and the Laker fans respond with the typical stuff and it snowballs from there.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Still, a 4 seed is nothing to brag about. Guess it's considered a victory for a team that hasn't sniffed the WCF since 95.

Does the Rockets and Lakers semifinals series in 2009 ring a bell.

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Did he or did he not say that the Magic could trade him all they want but he is not agreeing to resign nowhere but Brooklyn. Right or wrong? Blame your organization for thinking they was gonna make him stay

So that makes him exempt from playing his best to make it work, even if it is for one season. That's like me quitting my job just because I don't like my co workers or the environment especially after they put a degree of trust in me to hire me in the first place. You really do make the most ******** excuses of any poster on here, no offense choke city.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:50 AM

So you think that the Lakers should have kept a player that had a history of bad knees just because the other player would be a free agent? That is not the mindset of a successful person. A successful person does not think that they are going to fail. Or worry about it if they do. You have to sometimes take risk. I would say that mindset has worked out for them pretty well.

goku
07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Management made errors no doubt but they also made some good moves like CP3 deal, Nash and Dwight as I have stated before. There was effort on their part but it backfired unfortunately. It's a business no less, sometimes it goes well and at times it doesn't. I wanna see what people would think of management once they get their act together and start winning again.

well if Jimmy bust continue to let his ego get in the way its going to be while cause no free agent going to want to go there and Donald sterling actually listened to CP3 and got Rivers to coach the Clips and what he do stay and signed the extension ..Howard and Kobe asked for Phil or shaw and what Bust do sign and kept Dantoni who never even been to a finals or knew how to use big men he barely adjusted his system towards the end of the season blame ur bone headed owner for D12 Departure when all it took was coach signage

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:53 AM

Im pretty sure he does recall how that went, which is why he said what he said. :shrug:

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:54 AM
So you think that the Lakers should have kept a player that had a history of bad knees just because the other player would be a free agent? That is not the mindset of a successful person. A successful person does not think that they are going to fail. Or worry about it if they do. You have to sometimes take risk. I would say that mindset has worked out for them pretty well.

Okay well that risk failed, don't hate the man. Hate the plan!

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Okay well that risk failed, don't hate the man. Hate the plan!

I don't hate anyone that's what Im getting at. Buss made a smart move in trading Bynum for Howard. Especially since Bynum did not play one minute last year

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Im pretty sure he does recall how that went, which is why he said what he said. :shrug:

He said "sniffed the WCF" like Game 7 in the semifinals is not close to the WCF

amos1er
07-09-2013, 06:58 AM

Semi's in not WCF last I checked.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Semi's in not WCF last I checked.

Read my comment above please

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:01 AM

Haha. I hated GT...don't really count anything past SSJ3. Or in the new movie "Battle Of The Gods" SSJ God from. GT was trash. It was the Jim Buss of DBZ.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:02 AM
He said "sniffed the WCF" like Game 7 in the semifinals is not close to the WCF

What I actually meant was having a realistic chance of making the WCF. Houston may have made game 7, but did they have a realistic chance of actually winning...I think not.

goku
07-09-2013, 07:03 AM
enjoy the Jimmy bust era laker fans

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't hate anyone that's what Im getting at. Buss made a smart move in trading Bynum for Howard. Especially since Bynum did not play one minute last year

Nope, we lost draft pics and a good trading asset in Bynum who Phil wanted to trade for Carmelo back in 2011. Now we have nothing other than lost draft picks and nothing in return for an entire 2012 season of featuring Bynum as the second option when Gasol was the proven second option who actually won us championships. Jim has wasted 3 years in counting of Kobe's last good years. He tore apart our championship squad and completely changed our coaching staff all in the name of his ego. In the end he did get us Howard, but refused to hire Phil back which resulted in one of the greatest failure seasons of all time. Many picked us to win it all or at least make the finals...Leave it to Jimmy to screw that up. We could have traded Bynum for Carmelo back in 2011, instead we held on for Howard and lost valuable draft picks, Earl Clark, and got nothing in return. Now we are screwed going into this next season and have an injured Kobe as a result of this incompetence. Jim is truly the worst thing that has happened to the Lakers since Smush Parker.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:10 AM
enjoy the Jimmy bust era laker fans

I pray it's over soon and Jeanie and Phil remove that idiot from power. He has cost us 3 season in counting. Most likely 4 if a miracle doesn't happen.

c.c.
07-09-2013, 07:14 AM
What I actually meant was having a realistic chance of making the WCF. Houston may have made game 7, but did they have a realistic chance of actually winning...I think not.

So your team let the Rockets (with T-Mac and Yao hurt) take them to a game 7 right? Your team won a championship that year right? We was the only team to go 7 games with yall right? If those other teams couldn't force a game 7 but we did, so that makes us more competition than those right? If y'all could barely handle us without our two star players, just think if we had them. Y'all probably would of got sweep!

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Haha. I hated GT...don't really count anything past SSJ3. Or in the new movie "Battle Of The Gods" SSJ God from. GT was trash. It was the Jim Buss of DBZ.

Frieza saga FTW!

Vegeta reminds me of Kobe

ArmLaker
07-09-2013, 07:18 AM
So your team let the Rockets (with T-Mac and Yao hurt) take them to a game 7 right? Your team won a championship that year right? We was the only team to go 7 games with yall right? If those other teams couldn't force a game 7 but we did, so that makes us more competition than those right? If y'all could barely handle us without our two star players, just think if we had them. Y'all probably would of got sweep!

I think we can throw t mac and yao being hurt out the window. they've been hurt ever since they've donned the houston jersey but it still didn't hinder you guys from making it to game 7

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Frieza saga FTW!

Vegeta reminds me of Kobe

Yup, Vegeta is by far my favorite character in DBZ and Kobe is by far my favorite basketball player of all time. Both had the best work ethic and killer instincts of their respective worlds.

amos1er
07-09-2013, 07:23 AM

Ever hear of flipping the switch? So you give the 2008 Hawks the same credit as the 2009 Rockets? Both took the champions of that year to game sevens. It's called playing down to the level of your competition. It's a flaw that unfortunately exists in great teams. Of course the truly great ones can flip the switch at will and win when it counts even if they did play down the the level of their competition and underachieve previously. As I recall, game 7 was a complete blowout and in reality, the 2009 Rockets stood as much of a chance of advancing against the Lakers as the 2008 Hawks did against the Celtics.

WVNowitzki
07-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't care about how much he doesn't like Dwight, he shouldn't be dragging the city in it! Its a little town but there's only three cities bigger than it though, screw you Shaquille O'Neal!

You are angry because he called your town little? Wow dude.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Greater Houston Population = 5.6 million

Greater LA Population = 16.4 million

So yeah compared to LA Houston is a little town. Statistics aside I think Shaq was referring to the limelight in Houston being small compared to LA's. Shaq may be a douche but I cant recall him throwing shots at cities, mostly players.

D1JM
07-09-2013, 09:17 AM

LOL what a mook.

Why would you brag about what jordan said? Jordan's eye for talent? :laugh2: look at the bobcats

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 09:38 AM

Exactly now if a Laker fan is going to go on a rant and just pop up with stupid threads then they shouldn't do that either. But all through the season fans have been baiting and messing around with Laker fans. Do they expect us to just sit back and not say anything.
"Hey I'm going to crap on your team and I just want you to sit there and not reply" WTF how does that make any sense.

BigCityofDreams
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM

May seen unfair but what I agree with what you said. They have to make a deep playoff run starting this season to make this mean something. I don't want to hear well it's early give it time. I wanted him to stay in LA but he chose HOU because it gave him the best chance to win championships well show and prove starting this yr.

Ppl forget about The Lakers according to everyone we're finished for the next decade or more so why worry about a team that is no longer a threat.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Shaq is right on the money

Dwight has THIN skin, LA was way too much pressure for him.

and he will be happier in Houston, that is if they win

Shaq also nows about state tax and why Texas and Florida is where the rich go

c.c.
07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Greater Houston Population = 5.6 million

Greater LA Population = 16.4 million

So yeah compared to LA Houston is a little town. Statistics aside I think Shaq was referring to the limelight in Houston being small compared to LA's. Shaq may be a douche but I cant recall him throwing shots at cities, mostly players.

I guess you look up the general population first and seen it was close so you went and looked up "greater population"
next huh lol

sunsfan88
07-10-2013, 05:44 AM
May seen unfair but what I agree with what you said. They have to make a deep playoff run starting this season to make this mean something. I don't want to hear well it's early give it time. I wanted him to stay in LA but he chose HOU because it gave him the best chance to win championships well show and prove starting this yr.

Ppl forget about The Lakers according to everyone we're finished for the next decade or more so why worry about a team that is no longer a threat.
You are a Knicks and a Lakers fan? :speechless:

What are you gonna do if Melo decides to leave for LAL? Or do you want him to stay in NY?

Chronz
07-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Yup, Vegeta is by far my favorite character in DBZ and Kobe is by far my favorite basketball player of all time. Both had the best work ethic and killer instincts of their respective worlds.

Can you substantiate this claim?

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Get over ourselves? Ya'll are going crazy when there's no chance they get out of the second round.

Lakers won't even make the playoffs. $30 million in luxury tax alone for that ****** last year. Hell if Lakers didn't have dwight, they'd have lost 50 games.

ATX
07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Dissing Howard is one thing but dissing the entire city of Houston is just dumb. I figure he doesn't give a ****, but why alienate an entire city? Especially such a huge city and metro as Houston, despite Shaq's ignorant comments. H-Town is a perfectly great city. Sour grapes? I think so.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
You are a Knicks and a Lakers fan? :speechless:

What are you gonna do if Melo decides to leave for LAL? Or do you want him to stay in NY?

I don't really want Melo in LA. I don't think you can win with him being the man on the team. Besides I can't see him leaving NY after he fought so hard to get there.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

*grabs popcorn*

Jenceman
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Lakers won't even make the playoffs. $30 million in luxury tax alone for that ****** last year. Hell if Lakers didn't have dwight, they'd have lost 50 games.

If any team is missing one of it's top two players then they lose a bunch of games. Kobe was still the better player when Dwight was supposed to take that mantle. Good luck incorporating a guy who thinks he can post well into that fast paced offense with a coach worse than Mike D'antoni. Or do you forget McHale's struggles in Minny?

cmellofan15
07-10-2013, 09:49 PM

That is hilarious! They are very similar but I really never thought about it.

-Vegeta starts out running around with a group of tough guys and takes a back seat to Frieza who was considerably stronger than him.

-Then even when he switches sides Goku has to defeat Frieza and other opponents because he's too weak to do it by himself

-He always has some sense of entitlement because he's "prince of the saiyans"

-Awkwardly anti social with the group, even slightly intimidating to some

-Gives up a few times to the likes of Cell, Frieza, and Androids.

-Literally cried because he couldn't be as strong as Goku

-Completely opposed to any sort of team work

Wow.....that was a pretty good comparison man.

cmellofan15
07-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Wait, he's on to something here.

lol, please
07-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Shaq > Houston.

@Chronz Vegeta having the best work ethic in the DBZ universe is common knowlege. Only Piccolos work ethic came close. Vegeta is like the Jerry Rice of DBZ. Goku was like the T.O. of recent years: always thinking hes in top shape then getting embarassed and outworked and having to return to the drawing board.

ArmLaker
07-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Imagine if Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant did the fusion :speechless:

Jenceman
07-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Shaq > Houston.

@Chronz Vegeta having the best work ethic in the DBZ universe is common knowlege. Only Piccolos work ethic came close. Vegeta is like the Jerry Rice of DBZ. Goku was like the T.O. of recent years: always thinking hes in top shape then getting embarassed and outworked and having to return to the drawing board.

Vegeta was always my favorite character. Buu saga should have ended with his sacrifice. They never let him get that final kill in. He's the only character in that series with real character development