PDA

View Full Version : Winners and loser's....nba free ageny... So far!!!

Evil-to-Live90
07-08-2013, 05:16 PM
What are your takes and opinions.......

GMpunk
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Lakers winners!!! 4 addin Chris Kaman

Captain Moroni
still to erly to tell.

More-Than-Most
Winners-All teams that stayed away from Ellis/Smith
Losers- Whomever signed Ellis/Smith

slashsnake
07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Loser... Denver Nuggets.. Coach of the Year, GM of the year, Andre Igoudala, and flirting with Montae Ellis

RLundi
07-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Loser will be whoever signs Bynum to a multiyear deal.

Hello Dallas.

Ryan328
07-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Winners- Portland, LA Clippers, Golden State, Cleveland

Losers- Denver, Dallas, Milwaukee

jimm120
07-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Winners
Bargniani: goes from a toxic situation to one that's less toxic, but more pressure.
Knicks: They got rid of Novak's contract. Also, as much as some might not want JR Smith, Knicks still got the 6thPOY for 5.6 million a year.
Houston: Added Howard for nothing. Young core still. And still there's flexibility.
Josh Smith: Somehow got paid for that inconsistent rainbow shot.

Losers
Knicks: Giving up so many draft picks for someone with negative value.
Lakers: Bad contracts and continued to eff it up till the end with Howard.

jimm120
07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Winners-All teams that stayed away from Ellis/Smith
Losers- Whomever signed Ellis/Smith

By smith, are you talking about JR Smith or Josh Smith?

Both are bad imo. But at least with JR Smith I can say that the Knicks got him on discount. He was due 7-10 mil a year and they got him for 5.6. That's something. Easy to trade that talent and contract, too.

Snakeyestx
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I've got the Clips as winners, coaches (Rivers + Gentry), core essentially remained the same, added good pieces.

Losers : Boston - lost their core, their identity, their coach, almost nothing came back in return?

I coulda went the easy route with the Lakers, but they're not gutted and they picked up Kaman, and FA isn't over yet.

Houston actually... I wouldn't call them a winner just yet. Sure, we picked up Howard, but we pissed off Asik who formally requested a trade (he just won't accept playing WITH Howard.. why? Who knows? Turkish Racism I guess?). We didn't land Smith despite the rumor he was waiting to see where Dwight lands, so that was a swing and a miss. A trade for Asik/Lin for Horford/Korver would be epic, but probably never materialized. We're still a bit lacking at PF and PG; there's potential there, but nothing that could ensure a conference final yet.

Alwaysballin247
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Celtics got 3 first round picks for two old players when it was time to rebuild and a first for a coach that pretty much was over coaching in Boston ... So idk why you would say they are losers .... Been a great start to what they need to do( next in line rondo followed by wallace and maybe bass and maybe lee)

TrueFan420
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I've got the Clips as winners, coaches (Rivers + Gentry), core essentially remained the same, added good pieces.

Losers : Boston - lost their core, their identity, their coach, almost nothing came back in return?

I coulda went the easy route with the Lakers, but they're not gutted and they picked up Kaman, and FA isn't over yet.

Houston actually... I wouldn't call them a winner just yet. Sure, we picked up Howard, but we pissed off Asik who formally requested a trade (he just won't accept playing WITH Howard.. why? Who knows? Turkish Racism I guess?). We didn't land Smith despite the rumor he was waiting to see where Dwight lands, so that was a swing and a miss. A trade for Asik/Lin for Horford/Korver would be epic, but probably never materialized. We're still a bit lacking at PF and PG; there's potential there, but nothing that could ensure a conference final yet.
He's pissed cause he played great for them and they basically said your not good enough and we wanna replace you with Howard.

More-Than-Most
07-08-2013, 05:51 PM
By smith, are you talking about JR Smith or Josh Smith?

Both are bad imo. But at least with JR Smith I can say that the Knicks got him on discount. He was due 7-10 mil a year and they got him for 5.6. That's something. Easy to trade that talent and contract, too.

Josh. Jr I am not a fan of either though.

More-Than-Most
07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I think Boston is a clear cut winner. I think they should trade Rondo as well and get even more.

Snakeyestx
07-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Celtics got 3 first round picks for two old players when it was time to rebuild and a first for a coach that pretty much was over coaching in Boston ... So idk why you would say they are losers .... Been a great start to what they need to do( next in line rondo followed by wallace and maybe bass and maybe lee)

I just mean in the short term.. their summer league roster has a lot of promising pieces.

He's pissed cause he played great for them and they basically said your not good enough and we wanna replace you with Howard.

That's what I don't really get... Asik got winded a lot starting all 82 games last season and the guy deserves a breather. He's a one-man defensive army with the lack of a dominant PF to help things along. I think Morey and McHale envisioned a 3 man rotation of Asik, Howard and Greg Smith to keep all 3 fresh and healthy for the duration, but Asik just isn't buying into that... yet.

shep33
07-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Lakers... Kaman

Aust
07-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Boston huge times winners.

WarriorFan4Life
07-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Golden State are the clear winners. added an all-star for a nothing and kept their core.
Curry-thompson-iguadala-barnes-lee-bogut-green. amazing team and they still have time to shore up the roster.

Losers are the lakers and denver nuggets

29$JerZ
07-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Lakers and Denver are the obvious losers of the off season.

Houston, Brooklyn and Boston are the clear winners.

Lo Porto
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Golden State are the clear winners. added an all-star for a nothing and kept their core.

Jack, Landry, Jefferson, Biedrins, Rush, 2 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iguodala

Lo Porto
07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Winners: Boston, Houston, Clippers, Jazz, Hawks

TBD: Golden State - they got a great player, but they only have 6 players worth a damn & two are fragile with no quality backups (Curry & Bogut)
Portland - if all their additions fit, they could be much improved. That's a big IF.

Losers: Lakers, Dallas, Bucks (could move to TBD with right move)

COOLbeans
07-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Jack, Landry, Jefferson, Biedrins, Rush, 2 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iguodala

Lol @Utah Jazz fans constantly trolling the Warriors.

You didn't watch any warriors games because losing Rush, Jefferson, Biedrins, next years 1st and the two 2nd rounders mean absolutely nothing to the Warriros franchise.

And Iggy > Landry, Jack and the 2017 1st rounder since we were losing at least Landry to free agency and we gained a better decision maker, athlete, a player of need in Igoudala for losing Jack and next years late first round pick (who wouldn't have made the team).

Oh and we gained increased leverage to make more moves by dropping those unneeded contracts.

COOLbeans
07-08-2013, 06:40 PM

TBD: Golden State - they got a great player, but they only have 6 players worth a damn & two are fragile with no quality backups (Curry & Bogut)
Portland - if all their additions fit, they could be much improved. That's a big IF.

The Jazz are winners but the Warriors are tbd? HAHAHAHAHA :clap:

rockets-fan
07-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Winners: Houston,Golden state,New Orleans,Brooklyn

Losers: Lakers,Mavs.

Lake_Show2416
07-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Rush didnt play, Jefferson & Biedrins r trash, so they pretty much lost Jack & Landry for Iggy, 2 role players who got big contracts & can b replaced for an all star, i'll take that

Bmoss12
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM

The Jazz are the biggest losers of free agency, but it is as if they wanted to be.

Winner is definitely, Brooklyn, Clippers, GS and Houston.

COOLbeans
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli were instrumental in the Warriors success over the Jazz last season, and were very consistent throughout the season and the playoffs. But they're not worth a damn? Again, you're hilarious! hahahaha :cheers:

COOLbeans
07-08-2013, 06:52 PM
The Jazz are the biggest losers of free agency, but it is as if they wanted to be.

Winner is definitely, Brooklyn, Clippers, GS and Houston.

How does he even remotely write or believe that with a straight face?

topdog
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Winners:

Houston: adding Dwight far outweighs the complications of what to do with Lin/Asik; still work to do though

Clippers: retained key players and got a hometown discount from Collison to mitigate loss of Bledsoe

Nets: I'm kind of surprised that people aren't making a bigger deal of Deron-J.J.-Pierce-Garnett-Lopez

Losers:

Bucks: Traded solid assets over the last 2 seasons to fill the SG position only to get a couple 2nd rounders for the trouble; settling for past mediocre players

Dallas: Lost out on Dwight, signed a bunch of PGs, best hope of doing anything this year depends upon overpaying Bynum

Pistons: Trusted Dumars with capspace again allowing him to pay Josh Smith $14M a year while already having one of the most promising frontcourts of the future - Drummond/Monroe

TBD:

Warriors: Nice job finding a taker for big expirings to get someone they wanted, but it remains to be seen how well they can replace 6th man candidate Jack and fellow super-sub Landry

Minnesota: Can their new offensive firepower overcome their apparent lack of defense (at least on paper)

rhino17
07-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Winners - Rockets (Dwight)

Losers - Warriors (giving a role player one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen)

tredigs
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Winners - Rockets (Dwight)

Losers - Warriors (giving a role player one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen)

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

tredigs
07-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Long story short? Free Agency is not over, so too soon to tell, but based on current moves + projected ones:

Rockets: They still need to move Asik for a PF and acquire some bench scoring. And if they can do that while somehow improving the PG position? Morey goes down in legend.

Warriors: Dumped 25+ million in dead contracts, acquired a top 3 wing defender and less selfish 2nd playmaker in Iggy over Jack, and replaced Landry with a better rebounder + defender with a deadly mid-range shot for half the price (Speights). If they retain their euro guard they drafted and can get Jermaine O'Neal for <2mil in order to secure regular season depth. Chance as a real contender.

Clippers: Keeping Cp3 makes it a huge offseason alone. Securing a good backup PG for Bledsoe's loss is also big.

Nets: It was just fun and ballsy, if nothing else. Better win now though.

Losers:

Lakers: Although at least they cleared cap space and won't be paying the luxury tax with Artest amnestied.
Dallas: Just couldn't get anything to stick again.

IgglesFanInCO
07-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Loser... Denver Nuggets.. Coach of the Year, GM of the year, Andre Igoudala, and flirting with Montae Ellis

Losing Ujiri hurt, but we'll see how the new guy replaces him, seems like a smart guy so far

And any educated NBA fan realizes that the nuggets improved by firing Karl, he was the most overrated coach in nba history, he used to be decent but the past few years he hasnt made any semblance of positive impact on the team, and Brian Shaw seems like a capable replacement(theres a reason Karl doesnt have a new gig even though he really wanted to keep coaching)

Losing iggy is what it is, hes always going to be an enigma in the sense of whether or not he is worth the money, prone to ugly turnovers and stupid shots while being a pathetic shooter (especially ft shooting) but excelling at defense in a way few others can, considering his payday, and what GS had to do to get him, while hindering Barnes and Klays development, its definitely not as clear a positive move as it seems at first for GS, but we'll see

The nuggets havent had a great offseason by any means, but I'll take Hickson and Foye on manageable contracts for depth and a 9 mil TPE while getting rid of a few of our biggest cancers, also, the nuggets are not close to done, be ready for more from them

Clippersfan86
07-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Winners- Portland, LA Clippers, Golden State, Cleveland

Losers- Denver, Dallas, Milwaukee

Great stuff, I have the same ones along with Houston. Only other bad one I may add is Memphis. They added nothing but lost a couple guys. Considering everybody in the west competing for HCA with them improved, they fail by default.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Oh I forgot New Orleans and Brooklyn. They definitely did nice things this summer. So we have nearly 10 winners probably.

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2013, 12:27 AM
I would give the Blazers a C. They're still very thin in the front court, and Robin Lopez is just another unproven big man. At least they made a reasonable decision in the draft.

BudGrant
07-09-2013, 01:10 AM
As a Bucks fan, I'm just jonesin' for another 8th seed.

likemystylez
07-09-2013, 01:17 AM

well- the jazz got beidrins, and in fairness- he was a double double center on a playoff team..... and jefferson was an all star in 1973 or something

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Not too many clear winners, but a lot of clear losers IMO. Even the teams with the best off-seasons have tons of ?'s. My Clippers still lack bigs and need Blake to be a Superstar. Is Dwight Howard really still a franchise player and will he get childish if Harden stays the man there? Are Igudala and Speights really upgrades over Jack and Landry? Brooklyn just looks too damn old, will those 2016 and 2018 picks really mean nothing? Why in the hell did the Pelicans pick up Evans? Did Boston really get anything? And Don't forget the Bulls get Rose back.

Most of the bad teams are doing bad...surprise, surprise. I don't have the Lakers as big of losers as most. They were at the end of the line with or without Howard. They have cap space now and even though I like to rag on some of their fans I know they will do something with it sooner than later. The only loser I think worth mentioning is Dallas. They tore down a Championship team and this was their last chance to make it matter. They didn't. They will go in 2014 as an afterthought just like this year. Not saying they could have had a dynasty of anything but they failed epically.

DeyAce
07-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Winners: Houston, Clippers
Losers: Nuggets, Lakers

3ddiiee
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Winners: Houston,Golden state,New Orleans,Brooklyn

Losers: Lakers,Mavs.Finally I Was Waiting On Someone To Say New Orleans

HowFit
07-10-2013, 08:38 AM
So if DH reinjured his back in first week of season and cause him to be out rest of year or if all hell break loose bc the chemistry becomes a problem means Rockets winners? My point is it's best to see the outcome of their season's performance before deciding winners and losers...

Lo Porto
07-10-2013, 09:10 AM

Yep. Show me another team that has picked up a 2014 first for a 2013 2nd rounder who never hardly played. Utah didn't take on one bad contract because Biedrins, Rush and RJ are all expiring and they needed to spend $20+ to reach the salary floor anyway.

GS is TBD because they got better in positions where they didn't really need help yet they downgraded positions where they desperately need quality depth.

Lo Porto
07-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I think the Pelicans are off season winners. If they could also pull off a deal trading Anderson for Asik, they improved the most of anyone.

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah New Orleans, Houston, and Golden State all have had great off seasons. The Warriors are going to be a tough gritty team. As long as they stay healthy they will be top 3 in the West.

KNAN
07-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Not sure why people are considering the Nuggets losers but here are my winners/losers so far:

Winners - Pistons, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets

Losers - Bucks, Thunder, Bulls, Lakers, Mavericks

LeperMessiah
07-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Winners
Bargniani: goes from a toxic situation to one that's less toxic, but more pressure.
Knicks: They got rid of Novak's contract. Also, as much as some might not want JR Smith, Knicks still got the 6thPOY for 5.6 million a year.
Houston: Added Howard for nothing. Young core still. And still there's flexibility.
Josh Smith: Somehow got paid for that inconsistent rainbow shot.

Losers
Knicks: Giving up so many draft picks for someone with negative value.
Lakers: Bad contracts and continued to eff it up till the end with Howard.

He could barely withstand pressure being in a massively mediocre team.

Mcdoh
07-10-2013, 10:25 AM
winners: Clippers, Houston and Warriors

BKLYNpigeon
07-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Nets

BKLYNpigeon
07-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Dark Horse Winner... Utah Jazz.

Got Trey Burke in the draft.

Took on a bunch of stupid 1 year contracts, but got many draft picks in return.

they are destined to fail and reload in 2014.

AYozzy
07-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Winners- 1)Brooklyn,
2)Clippers
3) Cavs

Losers- Bucks, Nuggets

PhillyFaninLA
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Sixers get an incomplete....if we are bad enough and lucky enough we get Wiggins and if the Pelicans are just bad enough we end up with 6 or 7 overall as well, you add to that almost $40 million for free agency next offseason, there lack of free agent moves could turn into the best off season of anyone but that needs to play out first.

Houston, Brooklyn, and I like the Clippers keep CP3 have done very well, also the Warriors

True Sports Fan
07-10-2013, 12:24 PM

There is no way in hell Atlanta will trade Horford for that. Teague > Lin and Horford > Asik. Sure Asik is a little bit of a better fit with Millsap, but no reason for Atlanta to do that.

shep33
07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Houston, Clips and Gstate are big winners

Chronz
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Losers: New Orleans, Denver and the Jazz

Winners: GS, Houston, Philly

Max.This
07-10-2013, 01:09 PM
He could barely withstand pressure being in a massively mediocre team.

hes not a first option on a team. I think Toronto expected him to be and he felt he needed to produce like one. He doesnt have that kind of pressure in New York to be the number 1 option.

mjt20mik
07-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I would toss in the Raptors as winners.. got 3 picks and Novaks 3m/year salary

abe_froman
07-10-2013, 02:13 PM
winners-clippers,warriors,rockets,nets

losers-mavs,lakers,pistons

Vinny642
07-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Losers: New Orleans, Denver and the Jazz

Winners: GS, Houston, Philly

Ha I can understand us not being winners.... but losers???? LMAO

COOLbeans
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Yep. Show me another team that has picked up a 2014 first for a 2013 2nd rounder who never hardly played. Utah didn't take on one bad contract because Biedrins, Rush and RJ are all expiring and they needed to spend $20+ to reach the salary floor anyway.

GS is TBD because they got better in positions where they didn't really need help yet they downgraded positions where they desperately need quality depth.

Utah did well with maneuvering their cap situation and gathering picks..but you also lost all of your best players and didn't really improve This year. So Utah is more in the to be determined stage since your own opinion is predicated on an unknown draft position and unknown picks. The Warriors on the other hand clearly upgraded..

Mudvayne91
07-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Not sure why people are considering the Nuggets losers but here are my winners/losers so far:

Winners - Pistons, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets

Losers - Bucks, Thunder, Bulls, Lakers, Mavericks

I would reckon because they missed out on Iggy and the FO departures. However, I was actually pretty ecstatic Iggy decided against the 5 year deal with Denver for the amount of $ he's making. No question he's a good defender, but his offensive game was highly inconsistent. He just isn't the go to guy Denver needs to get into contention and it would have really handicapped their cap for quite some time. I was also pretty happy the Nugs were able to get the trade exception for 9 mill after the Foye deal with Iggy's departure. I'm hopeful they can make good use of the tpe. None of this is to say I am thrilled by the offseason so far, but I do believe people are overreacting on Iguadola's departure.

And although I do think what GS has done collectively has been great, I actually don't care for the Iggy move for GS. I don't deny it gives them great depth, but for the $ he's making and what it will potentially take away from Barnes and/or Thompson, I just don't think he's worth it.

Chronz
07-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Ha I can understand us not being winners.... but losers???? LMAO

Its mostly for the name change.

JK

Really tho, unless you guys get rid of EG, I dont see the point of Tyreke as a 6th man or detrimental SF. I thought the Pelicans were on the right track, they cashed in their chips too early.

Tyreke has the potential to prove me a moron or a believer in common sense. I like Jrue as a prospect, hes a bargain at his contract, but at the same time, he plays a position that doesn't seem that hard to replace.

I hope this isn't the core going forward, that they got these guys with a bigger picture in mind. As in, collecting guys with talent and overlapping skillsets so that they can flip one later knowing they already have a replacement on the team.

tredigs
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM

JK

Really tho, unless you guys get rid of EG, I dont see the point of Tyreke as a 6th man or detrimental SF. I thought the Pelicans were on the right track, they cashed in their chips too early.

Tyreke has the potential to prove me a moron or a believer in common sense. I like Jrue as a prospect, hes a bargain at his contract, but at the same time, he plays a position that doesn't seem that hard to replace.

I hope this isn't the core going forward, that they got these guys with a bigger picture in mind. As in, collecting guys with talent and overlapping skillsets so that they can flip one later knowing they already have a replacement on the team.

Funniest sig I've seen in a while.

Aust
07-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Lakers are by far the biggest winners. We resigned Robert Sacre! :D

:dance:

Vinny642
07-10-2013, 04:50 PM

JK

If EG pans out to be pretty healthy and good, why would Tyreke be a bad sixth man? Manu does it... and plus, we didnt lose anything that we couldnt replace, we got Jrue for a crappy pick and another next season. And also picked up Morrow who can shoot lights out, and two bigs in Withey and Seis. This is definitely a step in the right direction. ANd we can always trade EG, but it wasnt necessary to do it YET

Chronz
07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Ur right, the moves dont lump them in with the Losers. I was getting flashbacks to when New Orleans signed Peja and then Posey, guys who made them better in the interim but werent meant to last for the long haul (ultimately wasting CP3's peak). But all the guys you got are in their primes so it can all work out lovely.

If their moves pan out, the pick they gave up prolly wont be worth much, but if it bombs, they gave a lotto pick in a deep draft for guys who didn't pan out because its obvious they are trying to make a run towards being a .500 team. I can also understand wanting to surround AD with quality players asap, its just a team can make that jump sooner than they should. I have OKC vs Cleveland in mind as team that rebuilt around Durant the right way (Cleveland did Bron wrong), imagine if instead of stripping the team down and rebuilding patiently, they keep Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis and try to stay competitive. They would have never gotten Westbrook and co.

Cracka2HI!
07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Funniest sig I've seen in a while.

yea that really is a great sig! I thought it was Chuck Lidell at first. I LOL'd.