PDA

View Full Version : Bynum to the Cavs for one year ?

Stunner
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2013/07/nba-rumor-cavs-interested-in-1-year-deal-for-andrew-bynum/

king4day
07-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I really hope this happens. I think he'll end up in Dallas but if you add a healthy Bynum to this Cavs team, suddenly they are in discussion for maybe a 4-6 seed in the east.

GMpunk
07-08-2013, 09:53 AM
a 1 yr deal is good but how much?

FYL_McVeezy
07-08-2013, 10:01 AM
It's worth the risk if you are the Cavs and trying to get into the playoffs....it's not like they can get any other impact FA to sign there. If Bynum can actually get on the court this year it could be a wise move for Cleveland.

TheNumber37
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
why not a 2 year deal with player for year 2.

2 years 28 mil, not that bad.

waveycrockett
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
They'd have a really nice rotation of Bigs if that happened. Their wing players suck tho. Trade AV for some SF/SG help.

LanceUpperCut
07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Would be a solid move on there half. Bynum would be smart to listen to there offer and take it serious.

MrfadeawayJB
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM
If he was healthy that's def a playoff team

soundjunkies2
07-08-2013, 12:01 PM
This would be a tough team with Bynum. Hopefully this happens and Bynum can stay healthy.

Knick_Fever
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Close this thread. Its one thing to have "interest" in a player, but "could have interest? Create one when the interest becomes mutual.

prodigy
07-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Bynum will be meeting with the Cavs in Cleveland today-

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 21m Free-agent center Andrew Bynum expected to meet with Cavs in Cleveland today, ESPN reports its sources say.

prodigy
07-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm ok with it if he comes to the Cavs. Bynum, Thomspon, Waiters, Kyrie, Bennett, Zeller, AV etc... Thats a pretty good team if everyone stays healthy. Makes Lebrons ''decision'' much tougher next season. play with a team like that or stay with broken down Wade and Chris ''0 pts in game 7'' Bosh.

Chacarron
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Bynum and Mike Brown together again? :laugh2:

http://i48.twitgoo.com/2q9fggl.jpg

prodigy
07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
didn't Bynum have his best season under Mike?

kdspurman
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM
didn't Bynum have his best season under Mike?

During his stint in LA Mike Brown said he wanted to use Bynum & Gasol the way Pop did Robinson & Duncan. Being an assistant to Pop, he said he felt he could implement something like that for those guys. I don't remember if Bynum did or not, but that sounds somewhat accurate to me.

king4day
07-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Bynum and Mike Brown together again? :laugh2:

http://i48.twitgoo.com/2q9fggl.jpg

That meme is F'n hilarious :laugh:

slashsnake
07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't see why a team would only offer him a 1 year deal. That is taking all the risk but getting none of the reward (ask philly last year). If he works out, great, now he's heading into free agency, getting a lot more money and probably not playing for you anymore. A multi-year contract with a safety net against his knee injury is what I would offer if I was a lottery team. You probably aren't going to be building around him right off. Get him on the "cheap" for a 3 year deal.

Avenged
07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I assume there will/are other teams out there willing to offer more than 1 year. Bynum would be smart to explore those options.

slashsnake
07-08-2013, 01:39 PM
He would be smart to do that, but the only teams I could see thinking of a one year would be a team thinking if he works out they would be a championship contender that year. I think for the lottery teams it would be a multi-year with injury protection or not at all.

abe_froman
07-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I assume there will/are other teams out there willing to offer more than 1 year. Bynum would be smart to explore those options.
not necessarily.if he's fully healthy and feels he can return to form,he can show that through the season ,then next offseason get a bigger multi year contract than any multi he'd get this one.

OrangeCrush
07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Bynum had huge potential, but I don't think he ever had the mind to be truly elite.

colinskik
07-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Bynum had huge potential, but I don't think he ever had the mind to be truly elite.

He's still young enough to turn that around. Especially given his circumstance where one year he's considered by many to be the best big man in the game, and the next he's looking for one year contracts. Maybe he gets his head in the game now...

ottograham14
07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't see why a team would only offer him a 1 year deal. That is taking all the risk but getting none of the reward (ask philly last year). If he works out, great, now he's heading into free agency, getting a lot more money and probably not playing for you anymore. A multi-year contract with a safety net against his knee injury is what I would offer if I was a lottery team. You probably aren't going to be building around him right off. Get him on the "cheap" for a 3 year deal.

The Cavs want to do it so they can evaluate him that year they have him and see if he is worth a multi year contract next year. No better way to evaluate a player than to have him on your team and in your system if only still for 1 year.

Also the Cavs want to maintain their cap flexibility for next year when larger name FA's are avaiable and the Cavs can offer a max contract at that time. If Bynum signs say for 1 year at 12 million then that 12 million comes off the books next year if he didn't produce this year.

Finally if Bynum plays up to his potential then that would probably mean the Cavs might be in a 5-8 seed in the East in the playoffs and they would obtain the biggest thing they want moving forward for Kyrie, TT, and Dion and that is playoff experience.

OceanSpray
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
What's Dallas offering? For a one year deal, not a bad decision.

ottograham14
07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Right now the only teams to show interest are Dallas, Cleveland and a mild interest from Atlanta. If Cleveland offers him 12 million guaranteed this year which still doesn't hurt their cap and Dallas offers 3 years at say 16-20 million with only 10-12 guaranteed it depends on what he would want to do. He might want the 1 year deal in Cleveland where he can play with a young team, a very good PG and build back up his value to hunt for that MAX deal next offseason instead of being stuck in a 7-9 mill a year contract.

Stunner
07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Bynum having a sit down with the Cavs http://hoopshype.com/

BlahaTRUTH
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I agree 100%.

BlahaTRUTH
07-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I agree 100%.

Shlumpledink
07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
I think it is a good idea for Bynum to take a one year contract. A lot of teams are skeptical of his health, and will offer him less money. A bad team might throw some longer years and a little more money his way, good teams might take a chance and offer him a little bit of money for a year or two.

If he can remain healthy and contribute for a season then he's easily entering max contract status. The issue with bynum is health concerns, and reasonably so. With a year of health he can produce, especially in the east, then a team will pay him long term.

If bynum is not healthy, and will not remain healthy, look for a longer contract then.

Ryan328
07-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Bynum also has face to face meetings scheduled with Atlanta & Dallas.

Crackadalic
07-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Taking a one year deal is probably best. Teams are scared to sign him long term base on his injury. If it pans out that cavs team is scary good

Lakers Ghost
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Taking a one year deal is probably best. Teams are scared to sign him long term base on his injury. If it pans out that cavs team is scary good

agree he is good better than howard overall but injuries is the main issue he has and the reason why he isnt the best center in the nba. for 1 year there is not much risk so I do it.

DillyDill
07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Finally I hope Drew lands here or Dallas so he can be the 1st Post option. I wanna finally see him develop to become "The Man"

GThawks
07-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Hopefully Hawks on a short deal. Horford, Bynum(hopefully healthy) and Millsap is a very nice frontcourt.

Avenged
07-08-2013, 10:12 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers are pushing for free-agent center Andrew Bynum to accept a two-year, $24 million-plus, incentive-based contract offer, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--cavs-make-andrew-bynum--24-million-offer-015715453.html

Great deal for him. He needs to take it.

AddiX
07-08-2013, 10:15 PM
If I was the caves I would just go after pek, but whatever.

lincecum=future
07-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah Bynum should take that and run

Avenged
07-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah Bynum should take that and run

If he can run.. :laugh2:

DillyDill
07-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Hopefully Hawks on a short deal. Horford, Bynum(hopefully healthy) and Millsap is a very nice frontcourt.

O Yess and with no joe or josh for u guys now, Drew could definitely step up and be that number 1 option we all know he can be (when healthy). It's really so many great situations he can choose from to reestablish himself as that dominate inside force.

J4KOP99
07-08-2013, 10:37 PM
As long as Cleveland has handicap spots, bowling alleys, and ATMs

AddiX
07-08-2013, 10:50 PM
They already have one star who's injured all the time, makes no seems to go after another one who seems completely unmotivated to play basketball.

mjt20mik
07-08-2013, 11:03 PM
2 year 24 million deal for Bynum?

dcomerford
07-08-2013, 11:22 PM
one year deal would be perfect for all sides

RipCity32
07-08-2013, 11:59 PM
They already have one star who's injured all the time, makes no seems to go after another one who seems completely unmotivated to play basketball.

Irving is only injured when the Cavs decide to start tanking.

RipCity32
07-08-2013, 11:59 PM

Irving is only injured when the Cavs decide to start tanking.

Crackadalic
07-09-2013, 12:41 AM
The 2nd year should be a team option

setman2000
07-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Cleveland offers Bynum 2yr $24 million. 2nd year is team option so basically 1yr $12 million.

I like the direction Cleveland's going and would love to see them make real progress this year but Bynum for $12 mill?? He does not deserve that and you know in the end he'll be riding the bench for most of the year. Article here:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...er-257745.html

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2013, 08:00 AM
scam

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Hopefully he actually shows up on the court this time.

Knick_Fever
07-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Exercising caution as expected. Mavs will counter w/a 1 year 15 mil.

sunsfan88
07-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Why are teams willing to give him so much money even if its for one year?

Just make the punk take a $5M/yr contract. That's all he deserves. If all teams put their foot down then he'll have to accept that.

setman2000
07-09-2013, 08:46 AM

Just make the punk take a $5M/yr contract. That's all he deserves. If all teams put their foot down then he'll have to accept that.

Mind numbing he can get $12 mill without having to prove himself. Especially after seeing Odom and Brandon Roy with their chronic problems.

DR_1
07-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Wow I wish I was 7 feet tall smh

PhillyFaninLA
07-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Andrew please avoid the following locations:

http://www.yellowpages.com/cleveland-oh/bowling-alleys?g=Cleveland%2C+OH&q=bowling+alleys

prodigy
07-09-2013, 09:21 AM
second year is a team option so they could just not pick it up if he can't stay healthy. But if he does stay healthy you have a team of Bynum, TT, Bennett, AV, Zeller, Irving, Waiters, Jack. Any FA next season who wants to win gotta take Cleveland for real.

BKLYNpigeon
07-09-2013, 09:33 AM

Because skilled 7 footers are hard to come by in the NBA. Bynum was a top 5 center in the NBA a few years ago. If Bynum comes back and produces, he would be a huge trade chip if the Cavs decide to move him. If he sucks, the Cavs can drop him after one year. its a win, win situation for the Cavs.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2013, 09:52 AM
theres no risk involved with a 1 year deal. this was expected

BigBlueCrew
07-09-2013, 09:57 AM
:facepalm: Must be nice to be Bynum. Dont have to workout, dont have to play the previous season.

prodigy
07-09-2013, 10:00 AM
:facepalm: Must be nice to be Bynum. Dont have to workout, dont have to play the previous season.

Im sure he had to prove he was healthy.

akesh99
07-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Low risk, high reward move IMO. If he pans out, you've now got one of the best young 1-2 punches in the league with Kyrie and Bynum. If he flops you let him walk at the end of next season or deal his expiring contract at the deadline. Don't they still have Varejao on contract also? If Bynum gets healthy, Andy V would be a HUGE trade chip for them to bolster their lineup. This team is really on the up

Lakerfan8032
07-09-2013, 10:46 AM
You know he has to be so pissed at himself for not taking that max extension last year. When I first heard the rumor that he would not take a max extension and would instead wait until next offseason for a longer deal I thought he was stupid. With his injury history if he could sign a big deal and be set for life (unless he was dumb and who knows, not uncommon for pro athletes) he should have jumped all over that. His agent should have convinced him or his family should have. Just one of those decisions that was based on greed instead of logic and sound decision making.

But, I don't feel sorry for him at all. He will always regret that decision. Always!

GMpunk
07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
he got a 2yr deal 24M deal

xxplayerxx23
07-09-2013, 11:57 AM
agree he is good better than howard overall but injuries is the main issue he has and the reason why he isnt the best center in the nba. for 1 year there is not much risk so I do it.

Lol when both of them are healthy Dwight is easily the best center in the game

xxplayerxx23
07-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Is it official? Great move by the cavs damn macs missed out again

DillyDill
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Beautiful move by Cavs management that's gonna be a deadly duo in Kyrie/Drew ill be tuning in no doubt

8kobe24
07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
As long as Cleveland got banks..Bynum will sign.

lakerboy
07-09-2013, 12:42 PM
During his stint in LA Mike Brown said he wanted to use Bynum & Gasol the way Pop did Robinson & Duncan. Being an assistant to Pop, he said he felt he could implement something like that for those guys. I don't remember if Bynum did or not, but that sounds somewhat accurate to me.

Bynum did, Gasol didn't.

ottograham14
07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Is it official? Great move by the cavs damn macs missed out again

Edit: No it isn't official. Just an offer.

ottograham14
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
he got a 2yr deal 24M deal

Thats an offer. He has not signed. Please stop with this nonsense especially when this has already been posted. Try reading the thread.

InYoBicCuddy
07-09-2013, 12:49 PM
low risk, high reward smart move

say he comes in, plays 40 games, averages 25 minutes, gives you 12 pts and 7 boards and a block or something. and stays healthy for the rest of the season.

the next year, you have your team option, a more healthy bynum, who can give u 35 minutes and maybe 18, 10 and 2. and your just paying him 12 million

the same price players who at his position who do less make

great move if he can stay healthy

low risk move if he cant. if he cant play over 20 games this season, simply decline his team option, option and sign someone else

GThawks
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Meeting with the Hawks today and then supposedly signing today. Hawks could be solid if he goes there and is healthy.

Teague or Jennings or Ellis / Schroeder
L Williams / Jenkins / Cunningham
Korver / Carroll or FA
Horford / Millsap / Scott
Bynum / Muscalla or FA

First round pick Bebe probably stays overseas. I could also see Millsap playing some SF.

setman2000
07-10-2013, 03:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3794120

sunsfan88
07-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Mind numbing he can get $12 mill without having to prove himself. Especially after seeing Odom and Brandon Roy with their chronic problems.
It sucks. There are innocent hard working people out there who would kill to just get 1/20 of the salary being offered to Bynum.

sunsfan88
07-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Because skilled 7 footers are hard to come by in the NBA. Bynum was a top 5 center in the NBA a few years ago. If Bynum comes back and produces, he would be a huge trade chip if the Cavs decide to move him. If he sucks, the Cavs can drop him after one year. its a win, win situation for the Cavs.
Even if he performs great no team will ever give him a long term contract extension again. Think about it, would you give up Lopez for Bynum and then sign Bynum to a max extension or close to it if Bynum played like the All Star Bynum this season?

One year is too small a sample. Hell even two seasons is two small a sample for a fraud like Bynum.

True Sports Fan
07-10-2013, 12:14 PM

Teams are offering money because they know he can be a legit option down low if healthy, and if you have the cap space, why not? Not like one year deals affect future cap

THE MTL
07-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Bynum has alot to prove in the NBA. He honestly isnt worth a contract over 10 mil especially for multiple years. He also still isnt fully healthy and hasnt played basketball in over a year.

I dont understand the group of ppl saying he should have a multiyear deal.

DillyDill
07-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Beautiful deal if healthy I love dominate bigs and he has the perfect point feeding him it's ova...I'll be tuning in no doubt